Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

A Wintery Reunion [Winter Solstice 2019 EVENT]

Percy
    Percy

Alt Account- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Limited Edition- Buddy Buddy- Taskmaster- Halloween job event participant - Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Player 
    Lineage : Truth
    Position : None
    Faction : The Luminous Covenant
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 336,993

A Wintery Reunion [Winter Solstice 2019 EVENT] Empty A Wintery Reunion [Winter Solstice 2019 EVENT]

Post by Percy 22nd December 2019, 4:12 am

It'd been a while since Percy had been to Era, let alone to meet up with a friend. The second oldest Dagger brother often got too involved in this research and technological research to cultivate many relationships, something that had bothered him lately. Clearly his connections to his siblings had faded since they were all ultra busy and never together, but even the few friends he'd had were hardly people he felt comfortable reaching out to now. One exception was Shen Kadokawa. While it had been quite some time, the two had bonded in a very awkward point in their teenage lives. Their older siblings had dated, leaving the two to play many hours of lacrima games together just to drown out the noise. Plus, Shen was a bit like him, which was comforting. Feeling inferior to most people he came into contact with was quite draining.

An arrangement had been made, and now Percy waited on the outskirts of Era's fairgrounds. He was bundled up nicely in a green coat, accidentally making him appear Christmassy in conjunction with the half of his head that sported a deep red hue. His other half was so white it blended into all the snow and ice blanketing the area. He blew into his black gloves to try and warm his frigid fingers, then adjusted his matching scarf to partially cover his mouth. Sure, it was pretty cold, but winter wasn't any fun if it wasn't. With all the work it took to make the ice half of his Pyrocryo gauntlets, he was mostly used to freezing anyway. However, he did hope Shen would arrive soon. Percy had noted quite a few fun games, and he preferred active ones. Moving around a lot would keep them warmer, plus it was more fun. He sat inside most of his time, and while sometimes his work did keep him active, it wasn't the same as simply having fun doing something simple. Plus, games and contests were at least even ground for the mage and normie alike, unless they chose to cheat!

[wc: 347 || total: 347/1500]

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Nestor Azarov
    Nestor Azarov

Player 
    Lineage : None
    Experience : 1,288,966

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

A Wintery Reunion [Winter Solstice 2019 EVENT] Empty Re: A Wintery Reunion [Winter Solstice 2019 EVENT]

Post by Nestor Azarov 23rd December 2019, 4:28 am

A Wintery Reunion [Winter Solstice 2019 EVENT] DYMsGVu

It was cold. Too cold for Shen's personal liking. The young Rune Knight recruit's breath caused little puffs of condensating vapor to linger in the air with every step through the snow. At least, he thought, he'd made sure to prepare himself for the cold weather by dressing accordingly, though. A long, black coat covered the usual onyx-colored Rune Knight uniform and his body underneath it, a similarly colored scarf around his neck. Thinking about it, the young man would have much rather stayed inside, especially given these conditions, but a rather unusual and unexpected circumstance had prompted him to leave the safety of his room in the barracks and descend from the plateau on which the Headquarters of the Knights was located down into the city of Era: A message from none other than Perseus Dagger, "Percy", as he was called. Someone Shen hadn't seen in a long time, and admittedly, someone he had nearly forgotten given the turbulence and drastic change of recent weeks. It seemed as though the other was in town for the Winter Celebrations they held, though, and even Shen wouldn't pass up the opportunity to meet up with an old friend, if not just for "old time's sake", so to speak, then of course also out of simple curiosity. It had been quite a while, after all, though that wouldn't stop him.

Percy and Shen had, of course, become friends when their respective siblings had been involved with one another, bonding over the fact that they'd appeared to share similar circumstances. That had been a while ago, though. A fact that made the possibility of catching up with Percy all the more interesting. He'd wondered what the other had been up to, and he certainly had a lot to tell. Was the same true for Percy? He'd probably find out soon either way.

Approaching the spot where Percy would be waiting, the soft snow crunched under his feet, frozen flakes falling gently all around, giving the normally so busy streets of Era an admittedly festive look, something that was lost on Shen, of course, though that was of little matter anyway. The young recruit was nervous. He stopped and looked around, his eyes eventually finding a face that, while partially obscured by the snow and a green scarf, seemed to be at least familiar, approaching slowly and in an insecure way before raising a hand as he'd gotten close enough. "Percy? That you?", his inquisitive voice rang out before he nervously continued,"I-it's been a while. How-, oh, wow, that's new", Shen clumsily gestured to his own eye, waving his hand up and down. He'd gotten closer, an awkward smile as his expression, only now realizing that the other had some kind of scar on his face. It was definitely Percy, though the other had grown, of course, and evidently, something had happened to him that had left him scarred, Shen only now realizing that that was a pretty horrible way to start a conversation with someone you hadn't seen in years. "Oh, uh, I-I'm sorry. I didn't mean to ... I- uhm-", Shen stumbled over his own words, contemplating turning around on the spot and forgetting this whole deal as if it never happened, but even then, his cheeks, red from the cold, turned a healthy shade of tomato in embarrassment. He decided to try and act normal instead, staring at the other with a sheepish grin paired with a nervous chuckle.

"S-sooooo, uhhhhh, long time ... no see ... huh? How have you been?". Silently, Shen cursed himself, wondering what was wrong with him and why he was like this. Undoubtedly, his chance at rekindling a friendship, something Shen more or less had always wanted, had just been reduced to zero point zero.

Word Count: 630
    Word Count Total: 630 / 1,500
    Percy
    Percy

Alt Account- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Limited Edition- Buddy Buddy- Taskmaster- Halloween job event participant - Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Player 

A Wintery Reunion [Winter Solstice 2019 EVENT] Empty Re: A Wintery Reunion [Winter Solstice 2019 EVENT]

Post by Percy 30th December 2019, 4:00 am

As the familiar, albeit slightly older voice rang out behind him, Percy turned to greet him with a little more excitement than he was used to. It was odd how someone who was shut up in various levels of solitude could crave interaction despite himself. He was shy, but he wasn't anti-social. Despite Shen's fears of social faux pas, Percy seemed unbothered. His gentle smile was easy, bright even. He'd had the scar long enough to endure children's points and stares, as well as adults making it an obvious point to not look at it, which was somehow weirder than actually staring. "I've been busy, as always. The lab doesn't wait," he answered, quickly moving on to address the blatant elephant on his face. "Heh, I bet this was a shock...just an occupational hazard. I played with fire a little too much, but I worked the kinks out of it in the end. At least something distinguishes me from my siblings," Percy explained with a soft chuckle, reaching to scratch behind his head.

"Soo, uh..." the second Dagger brother mumbled awkwardly, not missing the humor in accidentally echoing Shen's conversation starter. They had been similar people before. It seemed to still ring true. He rushed to rectify his open-ended babble..nearly asking him an identical question. Percy quickly rephrased, wondering when socializing had gotten so complicated and anxiety-ridden. "What are you into these days?" Percy returned, nodding his head toward the festival to wordlessly spur them into the activities. Doing something would surely break any ice easier than the two awkward turtles making small talk. Should Shen use the walking time to inform him of life events since the last time they were together, Percy's booted feet would take them to a hot chocolate tasting table. Sampling all the offerings to pick a favorite seemed like the perfect way to warm up and prepare for more vigorous events. Percy seemed keen to try the spicy dark chocolate cocoa first, sipping the thick, steamy liquid quietly. Brows shot up in surprise. The bitterness and spice were actually quite pleasant together! Maybe he'd try a sweeter one to see if the spice made sicky sweet things more tolerable...

[wc: 365 || total: 712/1500]

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Nestor Azarov
    Nestor Azarov

Player 

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Nestor Azarov 31st December 2019, 6:17 pm

"O-ohh ... I see ... heh", the young Rune Knight recruit chuckled awkwardly while fumbling nervously with the sleeve of his black coat. "I- I guess that's ... true", he affirmed the other's explanation, still, however, feeling bad about the way he had reacted to this new revelation in the first place. It seemed, though, that Percy didn't mind what Shen viewed as a massive blunder too much, something that Shen didn't quite know how to take. Perhaps the other was just being polite? The question would linger within the young man's mind and kept him at distinct unease. Still, he was happy that his friend has recognized him, and indeed, even seemed quite warm in his approach as well, a fact that, despite everything, brought a little smile on the young man's face.

"Oh, well ... I- uh, I joined the Rune Knights as you can see", he would point down at himself, more specifically, the onyx-colored uniform. "That didn't really go as smoothly as I had planned ...", he chuckled nervously once more, his thoughts trailing off to his monstrosity of a sister that had promptly followed him there, ever since then, as always before, doing her best to make his life a living hell. "Lili kinda ... followed me". "Well, at least I got myself a job, huh?". Of course, Shen would follow Percy while they wandered, marveling over the wide variety of hot chocolate selections offered at the stall only to settle on the same one Percy had picked. He didn't much enjoy the bitter flavor and the subtle, rich sweetness of the drink. It wasn't his kind of drink, but it was acceptable considering the season. He took a sip, shooting a look over to Percy. "So what are you up to? Still, uh, you know, tinkering? Any big breakthroughs?".

While they talked, walking around the park, passing stalls and festival attractions all around them, they would eventually reach an improvised arena, walls of snow encircling a wide-open space that was littered with different objects and obstacles that acted as cover for what appeared like an ongoing battle between a group of people and animated snowmen. "Sooo ... that looks pretty fun, huh?".

Word Count: 368
    Word Count Total: 998 / 1,500
    Percy
    Percy

Post by Percy 2nd January 2020, 6:06 am

Percy's face paled at the mention of Lilith, the potential cause of his abysmal luck with the ladies. Simply thinking about her still gave him some pretty visceral anxiety. The things he'd heard... A nervous chuckle left his lips, the pity in his face for his old friend evident, though he tried to cover it with a more celebratory tone. "Oh, haha, I didn't notice the uniform until now...congrats on the job! I hope she leaves you alone..." he trailed with a crooked smile before moving on, "I looked into the Rune Knights, but doubted I could be much help to them, honestly..." he said with a sigh. He knew they had a division that dealt with technology and research, but he'd wanted to join and actually go into the field. However, though his body was highly trained, it was also just human. Normal, magicless human, in a world of mages. What was the point? "Besides, my family keeps me plenty busy. Striking out on my own would probably end in horrible failure."

When Shen asked about his work, Percy was more than happy to indulge him, whether he was truly interested or just asking as obligatory small talk. "Tinkering?" he said, grinning more fully now. "I've got my own lab. I'm the head of research for Dagger Corp's Research Lab," he informed his law enforcement friend, sort of like a child showing his friend a new toy. Not in a braggy way, just excited to share. "When I'm not working on the assignment at hand, I still work on my own stuff. After I got this burn, I finally made a breakthrough on my Pyrocryo gauntlets. Since I don't have magic, I made something as close as I could get it. I can control fire with one hand and ice with the other. It's helped a lot, but...it's still not enough to..." he trailed a split second, nearly saying 'to impress my parents' but deciding not to, "...rival magic, so I have a long way to go. Gotta start somewhere, right? Other than that, I figured out how to use lacrimas and human muscle tissue to make prosthetic limbs that act as natural as real arms and legs. We're running the last bit of testing before we begin to market them to the medical field-" Realizing he'd been jabbering away, he grew embarrassed and fell silent. The boyish excitement muted back down to his normal, slightly depressed expression. Slurping down the hot chocolate he had before grabbing a different one with lots of marshmallows, they meandered off.

Coming to the snowball war, Percy's face lit up a little again, though only slightly. "It does look fun," he said quietly, though he wasted no time setting his new drink aside and walking out into the snowy field of choppy snow. It was muddled with feet prints and craters were snow had been robbed for forts and projectiles, but there was still plenty of the frozen precipitation and not a blade of grass or smudge of dirt threatened its purity. He stooped to make his own snowball, pausing only a moment to acquire a snowman target before launching it with all of his strength. It whizzed through the air and smashed into a snowman, though it did little damage. Suddenly there was a tap at his shoulder, making Percy jump and whirl on a short girl moodily holding a gun out to him. "Use this like everyone else. It's a snow gun.." she said slowly as if he was stupid. Once he hesitantly took it, she also shoved some small grenades in his hand before likewise issuing these weapons to Shen. "This is called a Snowball War for a reason, boys. Pick a side, then shoot the other team with the gun. Blow up the snowmen with the grenades. That's it, go." With that, the girl stalked off and Percy gave the gun a closer look, then glanced out and confirmed everyone else had them as well. The two-toned boy looked at Shen and blinked, then shrugged in resignation. Turning, he ran out further into the field, picking a side and beginning to shoot people than ran near him with small, white bullets.

[wc: 703 || total: 1415/1500]

Nestor Azarov
    Nestor Azarov

Player 

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Nestor Azarov 5th January 2020, 10:19 am

"... Yeah, I hope so, too", the young recruit gave back, nervously directing his gaze at the ground, focussed on nothing in particular. Lilith was a nuisance of her very own caliber, at least to Shen, who didn't know or understand why she felt the constant need to make his life more difficult than it already was, not to mention the confusion that was still present in regards to her following her brother to the Rune Knights when he had left, in part, to get away from her. His thoughts kind of trailed off, Shen looking up only to realize he'd missed the latter of half of what Percy had been saying, the young man simply chuckling nervously in response. "Heh ... yeah ... I guess".

Regardless, when Percy explained that, by now, he had not only begun his own kinds of research, he had also advanced to the head of his family's Research Lab, Shen's eyes grew wide, his mouth slightly agape with astonishment. He knew that Percy was smart, much smarter than himself, but his friend had to be ... well, not much younger than himself. To be the head of such an operation at his age and come up with inventions of such complexity, importance, and applicability, it honestly amazed the young man who, for all that it was worth, hadn't even been able to advance past the rank of recruit. Still, Shen couldn't stop himself from letting out a whispered, drawn-out and genuinely impressed "Wooow ...".

Upon realizing the admittedly childlike reaction he had given Percy, more out of instinct than anything, Shen blushed slightly, stumbling over his own words to come up with an adequate response, raising his voice in stuttering, nervous fashion. "I- I mean, that's ... awesome! Can you imagine what kind of stuff that could be used for? It's ... well, I mean, it's pretty cool, y'know".

When the two had reached the arena, Shen suddenly found himself face-to-face with a girl who hastily pushed something in his hand before storming off, the recruit staring down at the gun and the anti-snowman explosives that were now in his hands with blinking, dumbfounded eyes before looking to Percy. "W-well, I guess we got no choice now, haha ...". He'd caught the admittedly rather simple instructions she'd given Percy, but he didn't know whether he'd actually wanted to participate. Any kind of competitive sport wasn't really Shen's forté, and really, he disliked things such as this one, though Percy had already gone ahead and entered the arena to pick a side. As much as Shen thought this looked fun, participating in the game himself was an entirely different matter. The recruit realized he had little choice now, his friend had already gone ahead, and so, more or less begrudgingly, he went ahead and followed the other.

Having witnessed the ineffectiveness of the snowballs against the snowmen not too long before, the young man began picking out his targets, a group of clustered snowmen, obviously animated by some kind of magic, before arming the device and throwing it at them with all the strength he could muster, the thing missing the head of one snowman and embedding itself in the back of another's head. His aim had been off, and it had been more or less a lucky hit, but the device didn't fail to showcase its effectiveness, a burst of heat emitting from the center of the group, promptly melting them all away, much to Shen's surprise, and admittedly, amusement.

Word Count: 586
    Word Count Total: 1,584 / 1,500
    Percy
    Percy

Post by Percy 7th January 2020, 5:12 am

Percy might be a bit timid and shy, if not depressive on average, but he played hard and seemed to enjoy himself. It betrayed how much physical training of all types he'd been partaking in his whole life. His snowball bullets hit true at least 80% of the time, and he left many lumpy snowmen carcasses in his wake with his grenades. He was out of those now, but he, Shen, and some of their other teammates had thinned the herd of them quite a bit. It was turning more into a war between just humans, which had Percy laughing even though he too was covered in little white dots. His cheeks were flushed from both the cold and all the running, giving him a healthy, joyful glow.

Another lesser-known Percy fact was he adored pranks. He had a little ornery streak in him, not unlike his older brother. They had pulled many on friends and family alike. Though it was considered friendly fire, he snuck up behind Shen, shooting him right square in the back. He snickered quietly, revealing himself and grinning sheepishly. "Sorry, couldn't resist. This is fun, right?" he asked his friend, panting a little and lowering his snow gun to give his arm a rest. The crowd of warriors was starting to thin in time, and honestly, Percy was about to throw in the towel as well. He wasn't sure who was winning or if it'd already been won, but it seemed time to move onto other festivities.

That's when things took a turn. The sun was starting to dip over the hills of trees. Everything was basking in the quickly dying glow of the year's shortest days. He was just about to say he needed some more hot chocolate to shake off the nights even chillier breath when he felt a sharp pain in his left leg. He looked down but didn't see anything...at first. Upon closer inspection, his pant leg was moving around as if something was beneath it on his skin. Now that he paid his poor, cold legs some extra attention, he really did feel something crawling! In a panic he made a fist and pounded it over the moving lump, feeling a gross crackle and squish before shaking his leg and revealing a curled up scorpion. It was no bigger than a normal one, but it was bluish in hue and had an icy stinger. "Shen..." he said in warning, checking his leg and finding the wound. It was already cold and numb, the spot turning his skin blue. The muscle in his calf was starting to stiffen. "Watch out for these, I think their barbs give frostbite.." he said, raising his eyes toward Shen, only to find that about nine other scorpions were rising up from the snow between them. Even more seemed to be springing up everywhere, if the screams of other festival-goers were any indication.

Raising his gauntlets, Percy got serious. Using the flame thrower on the left one, he melted the snow around himself and Shen, barbequing the ice scorpions and preventing more from mobbing them. "That's weird," he commented almost to himself, brows drawn in thought. "Weird attacks have happened at every festival this year, I think. And if this is like the others, there are more monsters..."

It was like he asked for it. As soon as the words were out of his mouth, three icy elementals rose from the mushed corpses of snowmen. By the way they rushed to attack poor Percy (and by proximity, Shen) it would seem they despised heat, and his fire-spewing gauntlet was the hottest thing around. There was no more time for talk. The Dagger boy jumped into action, shooting fireballs and streams of flame at the icicle wielding beings. It felt odd to be fighting purely magical beings as a human with absolutely no magic in his whole body. If only he could capture one and learn its secrets. Then perhaps he could unlock the secret to obtaining his own, straight from the source? As Percy shattered one of the beings and disabled another by melting most of its body, he tried to figure out how he could get a sample.

That thought process would have to wait, though. As the two boys make a ruckus with the elementals, one icy shriek rang into the night....and was answered by two different roars. Looking only a couple dozen meters ahead struck fear in the magicless boy's heart. A snow brute and a yeti were answering the call of the dying elemental and making straight for the pair of friends. "I hope you have some Rune Knight secrets up your sleeves...I think we're in trouble."  

Unable to really look at his companion and his progress with any scorpions or the other elemental, Percy thought to lead the Brute away from Shen. Having both of the hulking creatures together would spell death. Throwing a fireball at the living, mutated snowman to get its attention, he used the ice gauntlet to create a slick path he could quickly skate on to lead it slightly away, as well as engage it. He did make the mistake of getting within range of its long arms, and one swoop sent him flying into the side of the snow arena, air knocked out of him and possibly having a couple broken ribs. The bumbling creature slowly bared down on him, forcing him back to his feet and into the fight regardless of injury.

It might be strong, but it was still made of snow and ice. Really appreciating his perseverance with making the fire gauntlet even though it permanently scarred his face, a wheezing Percy angled it up and released all the firepower it had on the looming clumps of winter, quickly blowing a hole right through its middle. He didn't stop there. Since he didn't know how it was animated, he took care to continue the large wave of flame until nothing was left but a puddle on frostbitten grass. He managed a crooked grin of victory before he plopped backward onto his butt, gripping his side and no longer able to walk on his stiff, numb leg. All he could do was helplessly watch Shen and maybe throw some fire or ice if he absolutely needed to.

[1055 || 2470/1500 Event WC complete. 5/5 game tokens from hot chocolate and snowball war. 10/10 ice scorpions dead. 2/3 Ice Elementals dead. 1/1 Snow brute dead. 970 words left over. New Thread Total: 1054/ ????]

Nestor Azarov
    Nestor Azarov

Player 

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Nestor Azarov 9th January 2020, 2:55 pm

Distracted by the ongoing snowball war, Shen only turned when he felt the thud hit his back, confused, at first, then grinning as soon as he saw Percy standing behind him. He couldn't help but chuckle. "Y-yeah, the most fun I've had in a long time ...", turning his head back to the arena around him, though a little more lost in thought than before. The realization that the nervousness he had felt earlier had begun subsiding hit him, and he acknowledged the fact that, despite what he perceived to be quite the awkward start, he was getting comfortable with this festival. It felt like meeting Percy had somehow transported him back to a time when things had been somewhat easier, when he'd felt more alive. It wasn't unwelcome. He stood up, taking note of the dimming daylight and the fading excitement for the festival game, unknowingly sharing Percy's mindset when it came to hot chocolate only to be turned around by a tumult, seeing the young Dagger aggressively smack down onto one of his pant legs, raising both eyebrows in surprise when the other called out to him. "Yeeeeaaah ...?", his tone was inquisitive, though his eyes widened when he saw the crumpled up scorpion. And not just that, the other creatures that suddenly and without warning began rising from the snow around them. "Uhhhhm", the young Rune Knight recruit barely managed to stumble back, his limbs frozen from cold and shock only to witness the creatures go up in flames only seconds later, wide eyes staring at Percy, who had undoubtedly just saved the two from getting swarmed by these unfriendly critters.

Nevertheless, it seemed the scorpion from earlier had bit Percy, Shen staring at the wound on the other's leg. "Y-you're hurt!". Of course, he only gave word to the obvious. Shen wanted to help but didn't quite know how he could even possibly do so. He had no magic, he had barely started his career as a Rune Knight and had about a month of training down, his shock turning into panic, adrenaline coursing through his veins as his heartbeat, like a beating of drums, began to pick up. "Uh-Uhm, okay, shit, uh", he began stumbling from side to side, his hand pressed against the side of his face that was distorted with an expression of worry. Of course, that was when Percy had to clarify that he knew what these circumstances entailed and that, most likely, more monsters would be in the area, Shen's vision already beginning to blur. Just how did things take a turn from a fun festival to suddenly being in the middle of a fight for their lives yet again? Shen suddenly felt reminded of the Pumpkin patch where he had nearly lost his life once before when he had been sent along with Lili, the same instincts threatening to overtake him again. He would've loved to just turn around and run, run as fast as he could and let others deal with the mess, but ... while he was perfectly comfortable doing that with Lilith, he couldn't bring himself to abandon Percy, someone Shen actually respected, especially given the show the other was putting on.

Using what was undoubtedly the fruit of his research, Percy lost no time when more creatures appeared, roaring streams and projectiles of flame shot from one of his hands crashing into some kind of humanoid ice monsters that had appeared out of nowhere. Not only that, roars of different creatures and monsters began ringing out all around them. "Rune Knight secrets?", Shen repeated, his face pale as the snow around them, his mouth wide agape. "I- I uh ...", he stuttered out, wanting to say "I don't have something like that, and I think we're fucked either way", though that certainly wouldn't have had a positive effect on overall morale. It wasn't like Shen had time for big speeches, anyway. Suddenly finding himself face to face with an Ice Elemental, cold sweat began to build on his forehead, his eyes particularly focussed on the spear-like icicle in the monster's grasp. Of course, Shen, apart from the snowball gun he still held in his grasp and the remaining heat grenades he had in pocket, carried no weapon, although ... the young recruit thought back to how effective the explosives had been on the snowmen ... and how the entity before him seemed to be entirely made of ice.

Shen dropped the snowball gun, figuring it would be of very little use, raising his hands into a stance that was more suited for combat, following what he had learned in basic, but still trembling in his winter boots. The mute elemental made its move, bringing the spear around for a wide swing, Shen using his arm to block the swing, though not anticipating the weapon to be quite as sharp as it actually was, the icy blade skinking a good two inches into the muscle of his triceps. A suppressed growl of pain escaped the Rune Knight, who now, however, found himself a position that left the elemental open, pulling the grenade from his pocket and arming it with the click of a button, a beeping making it obvious that, in but a few moments, it would go off. Losing not much time, Shen slammed his hand into the creature's face, pressing the grenade into it before, with another flash of light and singeing heat, the thing started boiling away. Shen, relieved, stumbled back a few steps, drawing heavy, pained breaths, a small trickle of scarlet fluid periodically separating from his lowered left arm. Needless to say, the Rune Knight recruit was, after what had just transpired, thoroughly displeased with the turn this had taken.

The displeasure would only intensify, a terrifying roar behind him uncomfortably shaking the air in his lungs, Shen slowly turning before laying eyes on a massive, ape-like monster which, without his notice, had already begun charging the Rune Knight and would reach him any moment now. Reflexively, Shen raised his arms to protect his torso and head, but only to little effectiveness.

A wide swing of the creature's massive arm lifted him off his feet with an audible crack that resonated through his form, agonizing anguish soaring through every fiber of his body before he had even hit the ground, Shen slamming into the snow, skidding across the ice and leaving behind a small trail of crimson. Now he definitely experienced a deja vu moment, his vision blurring with throbbing pain as he attempted to lift himself back up only to realize his arms were not moving, and no matter how much he tried, willed them, they would remain limp at his side. So this was how he'd go out? Crushed by yet another monster, lying in the cold, frozen snow. He really was pathetic, or at least, so he felt. In the end, he hadn't been able to make any kind of difference. He'd die and leave the heavy lifting to Percy, be forgotten, and that would be it. "Fuck ...", he exhaled with weak voice, his eyes locked to the sky above, a white blanket that spanned his entire vision, snowflakes gently falling towards him, the Yeti stepping closer with every passing moment. The metallic taste of blood filled his mouth. An oddly peaceful end, he thought, a befitting end for someone as useless as himself. If only he'd gotten his chance ...

Was he really willing to give up? Didn't he at least have to try something? What could he do? There was nothing. Nothing except his rudimentary understanding of magic. Would that really be enough? Perhaps. He hadn't used it for such purpose, nevermind trained with it, but if he didn't want to kick the bucket then it was the only chance he'd have left. Shen spit out a small puddle of his own blood, rolling onto his side with a groan of pain and raising himself onto his feet, his eyes locked to the clamoring Yeti.

He'd come too far to just die now. Bringing to bear all of the fighting spirit he could muster, arguably, the most he'd ever mustered in his entire life, he, under soul-crushing torment, face shifting into a contorted grimace, raised his arm, his pupils glowing with magical energy. The truth of the matter was that the Rune Knight had no idea what he was doing, but he knew that he didn't want to let down Percy, let down himself, this little shred of purpose he had found, channeling whatever life force his body would allow him to into his raised palm. With a brief flash, a shot of brilliant glow was fired from his extremity, slamming into the ape's chest and exploding out of his back with a scatter of sparks, leaving a gaping wound behind. The creature promptly slumped to the ground, its body seemingly collapsing in on itself. "H-hah ... d-did you see that, Percy ... ? T-that was ... too easy", Shen chuckled to himself, before finally, his consciousness slipped from him, Shen collapsing forward, hitting the snow face-first.

Word Count Total: 1,500 / 1,500 (Event word count reached)

New Word Count: 1,520 + 84 (Left over words)
    New Word Count Total: 2,574
    Percy
    Percy

Post by Percy 10th January 2020, 2:47 am

It seemed Percy had ended his fight just in time to watch what he thought would be his friend's death. His heart dropped into his stomach. He was too far away to get back up and run over in time, and the red in the snow was pounding in his brain. It was unfortunate for someone who often also worked in the medical field to have a slight aversion to blood not of his own, but he could get through it as long as it wasn't a life-threatening amount. As long as things weren't going wrong. But things were certainly going wrong. The crimson also served as a regretful pang that he should have stuck with Shen. At the time separating seemed to be the best chance, but he'd also made a lot of assumptions. He thought, being a Rune Knight, that that would suddenly make anyone some peace-keeping behemoth capable of handling any threat. Percy honestly assumed he would only get in Shen's way. Granted, sticking by Shen might not have helped at all in the end, since it was ever more clear that the two-toned young man possessed not an ounce of magical power in his body. Physical training only went so far. This was something he thought he shared with Shen, a small aspect that made him feel comfortable and equal for a change. A fact he cursed as his invitee bled into the snow and somehow got up with bummed arms. "Shen!" he wheezed, tasting metal. A rib was definitely puncturing his lung but seemed inconsequential to his friend's mangled body.

But then something miraculous happened. Shen managed to raise a formerly limp arm and...honestly, Percy wasn't sure what happened. Just as the yeti was upon him and Percy was bracing to see his first death, Shen's eyes glowed and there was a flash from his hand. The middle of the Yeti was missing, and with just a few leftover sparks it fell dead. The youngest Dagger blinked a few times, registering what he saw. Shen did it! He was pleased. Shen passed out. That was alarming. Shen...had magic. Percy heaved a heavy sigh, stowing that away to mentally unpack later when his friend wasn't potentially dying. Using his cryogauntlet to form a long icicle that he broke off and made into something like a crutch, Percy forced himself up and hobbled over to the Rune Knight as fast as he could. Kneeling down, he rolled the boy over so he wouldn't drown in snow, frowning and trying to choke down his panic. "Y-yeah, buddy...I saw," he reassured him with a trembling voice, though he was pretty sure Shen couldn't hear him anyway.

Pulling out his iLac, Percy called an ambulance.

[wc: 454 || Thread Total: 3028/ 3000 C rank WC complete.
    1500/1500 Event WC complete. 5/5 game tokens from hot chocolate and snowball war. 10/10 ice scorpions dead. 3/3 Ice Elementals dead. 1/1 Snow brute dead. 1/1 Yeti dead. Event complete!]

Current date/time is 19th April 2024, 4:02 am