Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

The arrival of the aquaphobe

Benny Ceostra
    Benny Ceostra

Player 
    Lineage : Androphobic Annihilation
    Position : None
    Guild : Dies Irae
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 0

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Lightning Impulse
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

The arrival of the aquaphobe Empty The arrival of the aquaphobe

Post by Benny Ceostra 22nd November 2019, 6:18 pm

Name: Beneatha "Benny" Ceostra

Guild: Dies Irae

On a foggy day, the sound of a steamship blaring it's horn could be heard as it carefully approached Amber Island. Visibility was low outside, as the fog was thick enough to cut with a knife. The lighthouse was the only way to get a sense of direction. Deep within the vessel, a seemingly young woman was doubled over a waste basket, holding on for dear life as her face seemed to run through the color chart before she lost her lunch. "Why? Why does it have to be on an island?"

She asked herself as she wiped her mouth and sat against a wall. She and large bodies of water did not get along too well. A few minutes later, a voice came over the ship's communication system. "Miss Ceostra, We've docked at Port Amber." The bunny girl sighed in relief when she heard this.

Her nightmare seemed to be over, at least for now. Standing up, she staggered a bit, putting a small dent in the floor before moving forward towards the stairs. She may have been on a boat, but she did not have what one might call "sea legs". As she departed, with her single bag of luggage, the girl seemed rather glad to be on dry land. After her small ceremony of kissing the ground, she began making her way through the town.

"Now, which way was it to the Throne Hall again?" She happened to have a terrible sense of direction, and ended up getting lost a few times before finally making her way to the guild hall, and admiring the archway. "Solid construction, and the colors are quite nice." Upon entering, Benny realized how the guild hall had received it's nickname. "Very regal, this is all quite inspiring." She didn't quite know where to begin, but she had a feeling that standing in the doorway wasn't such a great idea, so she moved off to her right, as she continued to look around.

Word Count: 330

Shen Kadokawa
    Shen Kadokawa

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Main Account- Alignment Shift- Mythical VIP Status- Demon VIP Status- God VIP Status- Dragon VIP Status- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Mythical- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- Custom Slayer- God Slayer- Demon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- Neutral Guild Ace- Z-Rank- Y-Rank- X-Rank- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Wanderer- Eevee- EXP Grinder- Jewel Grinder- Job Creator- Working Together- Forever Solo- Christian Minecraft Server- I Have Friends...- Teaming Up!- Limited Edition- Idolize- Unknown Powerhouse- Unknown Legend- The Completionist- Guild Creator- Achiever- Expert Achiever- Buddy Buddy- Obligatory Beach Episode- Shipped- Sticking Around- Loyal to the Bone- Dank Memer- Fan Artist- Taskmaster- Halloween gfx'ers- Halloween Social- Halloween job event participant - Fan Art Contest Participant- Haiku Contest Participant- Richie Rich- Rich- Veteran Level 6- Veteran Level 5- Veteran Level 4- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Join A Faction!- Tertiary Magic- Supreme Grand Master [5000]- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 3rd Place Event/Contest Winner- Christmas Event Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Advertisement Achievement Badge- Tournament Participation Badge- Cookie Achievement- Cupcake Achievement- Rainbow Hero- Summer Special Tier 4- Summer Special Tier 3- Summer Special Tier 2- Summer Special Tier 1- Summer Special Donor- Summer Special Participant- Have an Admin as a friend!- 1 Year Anniversary- Player-
    Lineage : Assassin's Shadow
    Faction : The Rune Knights
    Guild : Guildless
    Cosmic Coins : 505
    Experience : 3,283,767

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Infinite Arcana
    Second Magic: Vox Universum
    Third Magic: Disciple of War

The arrival of the aquaphobe Empty Re: The arrival of the aquaphobe

Post by Shen Kadokawa 23rd November 2019, 1:04 pm

The arrival of the aquaphobe HCkihbW

"Thank you", the Ambassador's calm voice rang out, the large hall giving it an echoing undertone. "No resource was spared in the construction of these halls, and we are quite proud of them", he followed up as he moved closer to the new arrival, each step on the polished marble floor of the throne hall producing a characteristic sound. He had not failed to overhear the small word of praise as he had stood nearby, scanning the guild's job board. Whether that was out of interest or a rather simple sense of curiosity, he didn't quite know himself.

Johann's day had begun like any other one, awoken by soft rays of sunlight after a short night's rest. Not that he necessarily needed more. It was an advantageous circumstance, one of the few this vessel granted him, especially since it meant he had more time to attend to guild business, which arguably there seemed to be more and more of these days. The paperwork piled nearly to the ceiling, and despite his own as well as Sivvy's best efforts, there always seemed to be more. He was more than relieved, at least, to have his fellow Ambassador to assist him. The rose-haired girl was invaluable when it came to saving him from drowning in a flood of ink and sheets. Not to mention the Commander as well, of course. Whether Amalie realized it or not, her work had become part of the guild. Still, Johann couldn't help but feel bad for that poor James ... uh, Jasper. Jeffrey? That sounded right. As strict as she was, she had the guild's best interest at heart, and the more Johann thought about it, the more he knew it was quite necessary. Dies Irae was, of course, a guild where combat prowess was of utmost importance, considering the purpose of their existence. If recruits lacked that same prowess, well, that very possibly could spell their demise on the battlefield, something Johann, and undoubtedly everyone else would rather avoid if at all possible.

The Ambassador, clad in his usual black uniform, which was adorned with hues of gold and sanguine, gave the new arrival a symbolic bow, a not unwelcoming, but also not overbearing smile warming his expression. "I'm sorry, I have yet to introduce myself. If you allow me, I am Johann von Weiss, Ambassador of Dies Irae". He took a second to eye the newcomer. A strange girl, certainly, considering the long, animal-like ears protruding from her head. In any case, Johann wasn't one to interpret that. He had seen all kinds of strange things all over Earthland. Things akin to this were nothing new. "The journey to Amber Island is long, and not without dangers, so I, forgive my presumptuousness, reckon that you have a reason to seek out Dies Irae. Tell me, stranger, what might be your name, and what brings you to these halls?".

Word Count: 487

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Benny Ceostra
    Benny Ceostra

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Benny Ceostra 3rd December 2019, 10:45 pm

Benny squeaked a bit as she hid behind the nearest available object. "Um...hello...I...I was told that this would be a good guild to join." She wasn't sure why she was suddenly so fearful of this person, but something told her that all was not right. "I...well...I'm here to do that." She still didn't know exactly why she was hiding, but did her best to stop as she slowly shuffled out from behind what she had been hiding herself with.

She had a somewhat reserved look in her eyes as she mumbled her introduction. "Benny Ceostra." She wanted to punch the guy's face in for startling her like that, but she felt that it wouldn't make the best first impression. "So...how does this work exactly? I've never joined a guild before, so I don't really know what to do. Also, fair warning, I am unusually heavy, so standard furnishings might not hold up well."

"I won't say any numbers though, so don't ask." She was beginning to calm herself a bit. "So, here's the important stuff about me. I can punch, I can zap, and I want to help people. That'd be the shortest version of my reason for being here. What I do isn't pretty, but so long as it pays the bills, I'm not worried about that. I'm sure that you knew that much from my file though."

She had spent some time watching programs loosely based in police and military life, and was trying to incorporate that into her way of talking to people. "I feel that I can really help people by joining this guild. I'm willing to do what it takes to make the world a safer place." She was certainly enthusiastic, if not a bit more direct than she meant to be. "Oh, that reminds me, where's a good place to eat around here?"

Word Count: 309

Shen Kadokawa
    Shen Kadokawa

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Main Account- Alignment Shift- Mythical VIP Status- Demon VIP Status- God VIP Status- Dragon VIP Status- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Mythical- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- Custom Slayer- God Slayer- Demon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- Neutral Guild Ace- Z-Rank- Y-Rank- X-Rank- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Wanderer- Eevee- EXP Grinder- Jewel Grinder- Job Creator- Working Together- Forever Solo- Christian Minecraft Server- I Have Friends...- Teaming Up!- Limited Edition- Idolize- Unknown Powerhouse- Unknown Legend- The Completionist- Guild Creator- Achiever- Expert Achiever- Buddy Buddy- Obligatory Beach Episode- Shipped- Sticking Around- Loyal to the Bone- Dank Memer- Fan Artist- Taskmaster- Halloween gfx'ers- Halloween Social- Halloween job event participant - Fan Art Contest Participant- Haiku Contest Participant- Richie Rich- Rich- Veteran Level 6- Veteran Level 5- Veteran Level 4- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Join A Faction!- Tertiary Magic- Supreme Grand Master [5000]- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 3rd Place Event/Contest Winner- Christmas Event Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Advertisement Achievement Badge- Tournament Participation Badge- Cookie Achievement- Cupcake Achievement- Rainbow Hero- Summer Special Tier 4- Summer Special Tier 3- Summer Special Tier 2- Summer Special Tier 1- Summer Special Donor- Summer Special Participant- Have an Admin as a friend!- 1 Year Anniversary- Player-

Character Sheet

Post by Shen Kadokawa 6th December 2019, 6:59 am

Johann silently raised his eyebrows as he watched the display unfold, concluding that the newcomer was of the kind that was easily startled, although for a few passing moments the Ambassador had to resist the urge to look himself up and down to confirm or deny if there was something wrong with his appearance or the way he had presented himself. In his own view, Johann was anything but a threatening presence. In his view, it was quite the opposite, in fact. Though that was of little matter right now, he could contemplate these implications later. The smile had faded for those same few confused moments, however, it was now quick to return onto the silver-haired man's expression. "I see", he acknowledged the woman's answer to his question with a cheerful, warm tone, despite the fact that it was obvious she seemed to hide from him. At least, he thought, the bunny-eared newcomer made an effort to answer his questions.

Upon introducing himself, she, too, would respond in kind and offer up her name, introducing herself as Benny Ceostra, Johann acknowledging it with a nod. She continued swiftly, it would seem, inquiring about what Joh assumed would be the recruitment process while adding a bit of ... additional information, Johann already back to raising a single brow. She didn't look extraordinarily heavy or anything of that sort, the man wondering what exactly she had meant or intended with that statement. In the end, the man simply brushed it aside, deciding it was perhaps a weird quirk or something of the sort that bothered her, choosing to ignore it, though the woman would bring it up again, refusing to answer a question that had not been conceptualized by the Ambassador. "I would never presume, Miss Ceostra", he was swift to dismiss that particular notion. "I'm certain we'll figure out an adequate solution to your ... circumstance. In any case-", the God of Ishgar went on, trying to address Benny's other and arguably more important point, "-the recruitment process shouldn't take too long if you are interested in joining up. I just have some simple questions for you, which you don't necessarily have to answer, should you find them to be too intrusive. After that, I, as Ambassador of Dies Irae, the guild master, if you will, will administer the guild symbol that makes you an official member". Johann explained calmly and methodically. There was no official way to induct a new member, but Johann, personally, enjoyed talking to new people. Those who travelled to Amber Island often brought along their unique life experiences and perspectives, something the silver-haired man enjoyed indulging in when conversing with such individuals.

The first question, the "Why?", had of course already been asked, the woman presenting an answer in a similar fashion than before. Her reasoning seemed to be simple enough, being, according to herself, versed in combat and interested in profit, Johann once more acknowledging with a nod. It was true that Dies Irae's primary goal was to rid the world of evil, that goal manifested in the form of its current bounty-hunting business, which, as the Ambassador had learned, attracted people that, unlike himself or some of his fellow members, were not quite as idealistic or even motivated by ideology. In the end, it didn't really matter to Johann which reason someone presented for joining the guild, as long as everyone was working towards the same ultimate goal, but the question and the answer usually gave him at least a little bit of insight into another's person. The end, still, very much justified the means. "If you're looking for monetary gains, Miss Ceostra, you are certainly on the right track". From what she said, she felt like she was confidently familiar with the ideas and goals of Dies Irae, certainly, although it didn't hurt to confirm this and perhaps expand on it, if he could offer assistance. "Very well. I take it that you are aware of Dies Irae's modus operandi, our goals, as well as our ... methods?", Johann asked with a slight pause. The liberties DI took when dealing with the darker elements within Fiore and Earthland were not accepted by everyone and frowned upon by most. Benny Ceostra, though, seemed perfectly fine with those methods, though.

"Food and drink are served around the clock in our Mess Hall, free of charge for guild members. You can find it down this hallway in the West Wing of the guild hall. It's hard to miss, really. Should that not be to your liking, the town at the base of the hill houses a plethora of interesting establishments that cater to different tastes. If you would like, we can discuss your admittance into the guild over a cup of tea and a meal?". It would be easier to have a back and forth of questions and answers over a hearty lunch, Johann noticing that he hadn't eaten in the past few hours at all, a problem that needed to be fixed, of course.

Word Count: 839
    Total Word Count: 1,326
    Total Thread Word Count: 1,965

@Benny Ceostra

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Benny Ceostra
    Benny Ceostra

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Benny Ceostra 8th December 2019, 1:51 am

The offer of food was usually all it took to make Benny back down from such situations, but she was still a little wary of the person that she presumed would be her new boss. "So, where's everyone else? I figured there'd be more people here." She followed him to the mess hall as was requested of her, while she continued to admire the architecture. "I was saying earlier that the room I had stepped into looked a lot like a throne room, like for a king or someone along those lines."

"Do you also rule over the island? Or was that more of a personal styling choice? Oh, that reminds me, how are you doing on chefs? I'm not quite at that level, but I don't mind cooking once in a while if the kitchen happens to be short-handed for whatever reason." She actually had something of a passion for cooking, and would have loved the opportunity to cook professionally.

Unfortunately, the world seemed to have different plans for her. She'd been beaten to just about every cooking job she had applied for. "Actually, I don't mind much...although when I first heard about this guild, I didn't know you were located on an island." A look of dread flashed quickly across her face as the last word was uttered. "You see...um...due to certain physical limitations, I'm not really able to swim all that well... But, I somehow survived the boat ride."

She made an effort to act like she was laughing at herself a bit, but her fear was actually a rather realistic one for her. "So, anything you would recommend from today's menu?" She asked as they arrived at the entrance to the mess hall. The guild hall was rather more extravagant than she was expecting, but then, she hadn't really known what to expect.

Word Count: 307

Shen Kadokawa
    Shen Kadokawa

Character Sheet

Post by Shen Kadokawa 11th December 2019, 1:50 pm

Upon the woman's unusual inquiry, Johann would find himself looking about, his head turning, gaze wandering throughout the interior of the Throne Hall for a few passing moments. Indeed, apart from the occasional guild soldier passing by them or making their way to the job boards, where the guild's bounties were listed as well, the Ambassador noted that there was less hustle and bustle than normally. "I suppose a portion of our soldiers are out, pursuing contracts or otherwise involved in a form of guild work. Perhaps they are training at the Trial Grounds behind the guild hall as well. Do not worry-", Johann looked back the bunny-eared woman, a shifting tone of voice being the attempt at reassuring the other, "-I'm certain you will meet the majority of the guild at some point and will get acquainted, one way or the other".

When she mentioned the Throne Hall and began talking of Amber Island and the guild itself, Johann noted that Benny was certainly very talkative and liked to ask questions, which was, of course, more than understandable for a newcomer, the Ambassador gave her a simple nod before speaking up again, seeking to answer her curious interrogation. "'Rule' might be a bit overbearing, but Dies Irae has been entrusted with administrating these lands and acts as it's standing government, yes. As for the Throne Hall, well-", the man stopped and paused for a second before continuing, "-that particular architectural choice was made by the Magic Council, which funded the construction of the Guild Hall". The question about the cooking caused the Ambassador to think inwardly for a few seconds more, as well, before responding "Well, normally the kitchen staff are not recruited from within the ranks of the guild. They are, of course, members of the guild, but do not partake in the usual guild activities, naturally. I suppose, if you would like to be included in those kinds of duties, you would have to inquire with our head chef, Benvolio".

The Ambassador didn't really know what to make of the fact that the woman mentioned she couldn't swim, or that she'd not expected the guild to be located on Amber Island, but it was what it was. "It is indeed a somewhat remote location, but we worked with what we could. We are working on opening a branch office on the mainland of Ishgar, though. Hopefully, that would help to rid yourself of worry concerning this ... limitation". Johann didn't know what exactly the other was referring to, nor did he wish to presume, but if the water was an issue, he imagined that a separate instance of the guild would prove to be helpful.

It didn't take long for the two to arrive at the open entrance to the Mess Hall, the smells of fresh spices, meats, baked goods and other foods already reaching the Ambassador's sensitive nose. The man held off on answering the next question, instead beckoning Benny to enter the Mess Hall and see for herself, pointing over to a long row of tables at one side fo the large room. What Benny would see were rows after rows of all kinds of different foods, drinks, desserts, plates filled with anything someone's heart could possibly desire. In short: An extravagant Lunch Buffet. "I'm sure you will find something that will be to your liking, Miss Ceostra. Please, take your time. I will be waiting at one of the nearby tables. I'm sure we can discuss further then. That said, please, after you", he opened the buffet to her with a gesture, turning towards some ceramic that seemed to surround a solid iron kettle. He grabbed a cup, along with a teabag, and filled the container with steaming hot water, before making his way to one of the nearby empty tables, the sound of kitchen staff catering to the needs of the guild members, shouting orders to one another along with the ever-present sizzle of boiling, frying, steaming, searing drowning out the background.

Word Count: 669
    Total Word Count: 1,995
    Total Thread Word Count: 2,941

@Benny Ceostra

Benny Ceostra
    Benny Ceostra

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Benny Ceostra 13th December 2019, 2:07 am

The sight of the buffet was something that Benny would have trouble tearing her eyes away from. The smell of meat being cooked, however, was something that made her scrunch her nose a bit. She understood that not everyone had the same dietary restrictions that she did, and could even allow them to eat it around her. However, as she loaded up a tray with various foods, including a few whole carrots, it would be quite obvious as to what her main one was. She took a bottle of mineral water with her when she made her way to the table that Johann had chosen.

She set her tray down first, to avoid any risk to her food, before she attempted to sit as gently as possible on a stool, which immediately made a slight creaking noise. Benny sighed a bit as she started eating one of the carrots. Oddly enough, they tasted better than most. Than again, most of what she had tried hadn't been cleaned very well. She did her best to eat as neatly as possible while she thought of more questions to ask.

"Okay, is there any place in here that doesn't look like something out of some fantastical dream? Because I have to be honest, part of me is wondering if I'm actually here, or if I'm still on the boat." She winced as another metallic squeaking sound was made by the chair upon which she sat. Her expression darkened as she made an attempt to eat a bit more rapidly, forgoing the questions further than this, in an attempt to finish before the chair gave way. She was still trying to look as neat an professional as possible while doing so, however the stability of the chair was causing a deviation in her focus.

Unfortunately, the chair did not hold up for as long as she had hoped. With another metallic squeak, it gave way, causing her to fall away from the table, and crack the floor beneath her slightly, as well as shaking it a bit. She was embarrassed beyond belief as she slowly recovered, and tried to make a joke to cover up how she was feeling. "Well, um..." Her words were failing her though, so not much more was uttered as she stood where her chair had been, rubbing the back of her neck. She didn't really know what to say, but she had the feeling that she hadn't exactly made a great impression.

Word Count: 413

Shen Kadokawa
    Shen Kadokawa

Character Sheet

Post by Shen Kadokawa 19th December 2019, 5:32 am

It seemed that the new arrival had made her culinary choices, returning to the table where the Ambassador silently sipped his cup of Earl Grey, a serene smirk on the face that was hidden down to his eyes by strands of silver hair and the hat that complimented his uniform. It seemed, however, that for some reason she seemed particularly concerned and nervous with her surroundings, Johann being unable to place the sudden spike of increased unease on any particular thing. Perhaps she was simply nervous to have arrived on Amber Island and the guild hall still? It was, of course, a somewhat grand undertaking. Joining a guild was never an easy task that was easily done, as Johann had come to know over the course of his career as not just a Vice President for the West Fiore Trading Company, but also the Ambassador of Dies Irae.

Regardless, there, of course, were still some questions that had yet to be asked and answered, Johann, watching the bunny-eared woman that began eating with increasing intensity, with a curious eye, though maintaining the same friendly smile. "Everything before you here is real, though I'm glad you seem to appreciate what the guild has to offer, Miss Ceostra", the Ambassador chuckled lightly, pausing for a second to think about his next words and the questions he would ask. It didn't appear like he would get that far, however. With a metallic squeal of stressed material, the woman's seat would vanish beneath her as she sunk to the ground suddenly and rapidly. Johann remained seated, though leaned forward, looking down on the newcomer who was had hit the solid stone below them with an unexpectedly heavy impact. Johann raised an eyebrow, nodding slowly, understanding the particular predicament the woman seemed to have alluded to earlier. "I see", he commented in a rather straightforward fashion before waving his hand. Beside the woman would appear a solid cube of metal, steel, to be more specific, right before the table. It probably wouldn't be the most comfortable seating option, certainly, though it would easily hold her weight, which was the Ambassador's primary concern. "No need to worry about that, Miss Ceostra. We'll fix that later, I suppose, but I understand what you mean now. For consistency's sake, let us ignore that so that you can continue your meal and I may finish my tea".

With that, the Ambassador gestured for her to take a seat once more before leaning back in his own chair, bringing the tea to his lips and taking a sip of the bitter liquid. "That's a peculiar trait you possess there, Miss Ceostra. If you don't mind me asking, does this stem from your particular use of magic?", the man inquired with interested tone. Of course, Johann did not know much about the newcomer at all, but was eager to learn more. Naturally, it was more than understandable that the Ambassador would want to know as much as possible about the Soldiers that worked under his command, and the newcomer was no exception.

Word Count: 511
    Total Word Count: 2,506
    Total Thread Word Count: 3,865

@Benny Ceostra

Benny Ceostra
    Benny Ceostra

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Benny Ceostra 6th January 2020, 4:12 am

The metal block appearing next to Benny was a bit startling, but after a few moments, she realized that it was there for her to sit on while she finished eating. It was at that point that the ambassador crossed something of a line with her. Her response started with a sigh before a vein appeared on one side of her forehead. "Not the magic, no....at least, not MY magic. I don't know the exact reason for it."

"I'm sure someone does though. Truth be told, I don't remember much before just a few weeks ago. I just hope that one day I can find someone who can answer the many questions plaguing my mind." Benny seemed to take on a somewhat melancholy expression as she continued to eat her vegan meal. "And to answer an earlier question, I don't mind morally gray, if it's for the right cause.

After all, as I'm sure yo already know, the laws, while they serve a purpose, are not perfect. As for my magic, it mostly deals with electricity, including that within my body. I don't think any of those signals are responsible for my weight though. At least, not quite so directly. As you can see, my figure is far from what a reasonable person would call overweight.

But honestly, I'd prefer to talk about quite literally anything else." The bunny girl finished her meal, and recomposed herself before she spoke up again. "So, you mentioned training facilities. Perhaps my abilities would best be appreciated with a demonstration?" There were no overtones with this question, as Benny's magic mostly worked in combat applications.

Word Count: 217

Shen Kadokawa
    Shen Kadokawa

Character Sheet

Post by Shen Kadokawa 11th January 2020, 9:44 am

Continuing to take small sips from his tea, truly a delight, one might add, Johann was somewhat unaware that his question had caused such a level of distress. While the man was certainly perceptive, everyone that was familiar with the Ambassador knew that reading people and emotions was not exactly what one would refer to as one of his strong suits. As such, the God of Ishgar resorted to simply nodding in acknowledgment of her explanation that she didn't quite know why her body seemed to behave in this strange way, or the lack of memory seemingly imposed on her. "Peculiar, indeed", he would echo the sentiment that had occurred to him earlier.

"Well, if it answers you are searching for then, by all means, I'm certain Dies Irae will be able to assist you in some capacity or another. We shall see", he responded simply, nodding when the woman implied that, apparently, the guild's admittedly quite particular ideology didn't seem to bother her too much, a reassurance that Johann did appreciate. Given the fact that some people saw their line of work as extreme, morbid, or a combination of both, that would be the basis required for a Neophyte, certainly. "I agree", he spoke with an affirmative twist, now beginning to finish the last few sips of his still hot cup of tea.

However, when Benny moved on to elaborate some of the details of her magic, Johann once again found himself listening intently and with a contemplative interest that was entirely focussed inward. The mention of electricity captured his curiosity, in a sense. The Ambassador, of course, knew the odd thing or two about wielding the element and the properties associated with it through its continued use in battle, but apparently, so did Benny when she inquired about a more hands-on approach, a smirk lifting the corner of Joh's mouth in response. "Oh, indeed. If it is a physical demonstration you seek that certainly can be arranged, Miss Ceostra". The man stood up, gesturing to the door of the Mess Hall. "Please, follow me".

Determined steps would lead the man out and back into the hallway, and by extension, the Throne Hall they had been in not too long ago, this time, however, taking a turn towards a large set of doors on the back end of the guildhall, leading out onto a cobbled granite pathway that led to a massive, circular building, which was encircled largely by the guildhall itself. Leading the woman through an archway and into the colosseum, the two would find themselves in the middle of a large open space, if she had followed, of course. The ground was covered in sand, visible runic patterns, scripture, and circles occasionally breaking through the material. "Welcome to the guild's Trial Grounds, Miss Ceostra. This is where members of the guild can strive to perfect their martial abilities. Allow me to demonstrate".

Johann cleared his throat before turning, raising his voice that would soon echo throughout the mostly empty stadium. "Training Scenario Alpha, 3 Dummies, line pattern, 5 meters apart". The runic magic that covered the entire stadium reacted in an instant, some circles and scripture beginning to flash blue, 3 seemingly unspectacular and for all intents and purposes, regular training dummies appearing from nowhere before the Ambassador and the newcomer. "Now then, Miss Ceostra, I hope this scenario is adequate for your purposes. Please, the stage is all yours". With that, the silver-haired God of Ishgar stepped aside, leaving her to show him what the bunny girl had referred to when she had called for a demonstration.

Word Count: 603
    Total Word Count: 3,109
    Total Thread Word Count: 4,685

@Benny Ceostra

Benny Ceostra
    Benny Ceostra

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Benny Ceostra 19th January 2020, 8:19 pm

Benny followed the guild master curiously to the training grounds, once again making mental notes about the architecture, and the landscapes both along the way, and within. It all seemed like something out of a dream for the bunny girl, but she had to remind herself that it was all quite real. She was more than happy to train with dummies, although she would have preferred a live target. Still, this was a wonderful opportunity to showcase at least some of her skills. Her entire body seemed to discharge electricity, which made static noises whenever it's light frequency fluctuated into the visible spectrum.

It seemed as if her entire body had tensed up as she got low to the ground, in a rocket stance before propelling herself towards the leftmost training dummy, and cocking back her left arm, while maintaining a sort of L shape with it. The current surrounding the limb would appear to be much more focused as she closed in, and after her attack, there would be light scorch marks on the neck and chest of the surrogate. Within the time it took the average person to blink, she would be upon the rightmost dummy, leaving a trail of her attuned element in her wake as she raised her arms as if to block, and crashed into it. Benny seemed unharmed, if not a little disoriented, but far better off than the dummy who had been hit with the force of her defense mechanism. As for the middle dummy, Benny had something special in store.

Her right hand shot out as if to grip something, and the energy within her seemed to respond immediately, as the electrical current ran down her arm, and out of her hand, trailing a few yards away until she gripped it properly, and whipped it around her head, cracking the air as she guided the energy towards the dummy, which it wrapped around and bound tightly, emitting a sizzling noise as she pulled it lightly. Once she felt that she had fully demonstrated her skills, she allowed the electrical currents to dissipate, before turning towards the guild master. "See, it's not so much that I'm molding it, or anything, I don't even really think about using it, most of the time. It's more like it responds to my movements."

Word Count: 387

Benny Word Count: 1,963

Total Word Count: 5,072

Shen Kadokawa
    Shen Kadokawa

Character Sheet

Post by Shen Kadokawa 10th February 2020, 12:41 pm

With curiosity, Johann watched the woman's preparations, the noticable, familiar hum of magical power resonating through the air around her as she readied herself for her demonstration. With a dash forward and the detectable discharge of electrical energy, Benny struck the first of her targets before engaging the next, and the next after, without hesitation, thought, or reservation. "Interesting ...", he whispered to himself under his breath, a small, somewhat satisfied smile curling up the corner of his mouth.

The bunny girl certainly possessed martial skills that were not negligible, especially, it appeared, in close-quarters in particular. Regardless, the man raised his hands, the slow clapping sound echoing through the epmty stadium. "Good. Very good", the silver-haired man spoke aloud, stopping the clap for the training scenario to vanish with a brief shimmer of magic, leaving behind the empty Trial Grounds covered in sand and gravel as if the demonstration had never occurred.

"I think that's quite enough, Miss Ceostra. Your skillset certainly seems sufficient for a soldier of Dies Irae, don't you think?". Of course, it was true that the basics were given, though the woman had much to learn still. Of course, the guild especially focussed on assisting members in that process. And Johann had decided that a member of the guild she would indeed become. Turning away a fighter who knew what they were doing would be an unwise decision, naturally, the Ambassador thus reaching into one of the pockets of his coat before pulling out a vial of red liquid. "Given my position as the Guild Master of Dies Irae, I welcome you into the guild as a Neophyte, Benny Ceostra", his tone was professional, some would say cold, but direct and straightforward. "Now then, where do you wish for your guild mark to be placed?"

Word Count: 300
    Total Word Count: 3,409
    Total Thread Word Count: 5,372

@Benny Ceostra

Last edited by Johann on 22nd February 2020, 5:06 am; edited 1 time in total

Benny Ceostra
    Benny Ceostra

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Benny Ceostra 22nd February 2020, 2:18 am

Over a million alarms went off in Benny’s head when Johann asked her where her guild mark should be located. Would he be the one to apply it to her? This was something that deeply concerned her, as when she had originally submitted her paperwork, she had listed a rather intimate location for her guild mark to be placed. The key factor in her not wanting to state where at the time was the fact that he seemed to be the only one present, capable of doing so at the moment. Fortunately, however, her fears were eventually overtaken by that very logic.

So, rather than speaking and potentially saying something that she might not mean as a reflex, she quietly pointed to the position on her chest where she had intended for the mark to be. She had a problem with men in most cases, but she was hoping that this one might be trustworthy enough to perform his duties in an ethical manner. She was quite visibly nervous, but she would not let her nerves prevent her from entering this guild, and hoped that the process would be relatively quick and painless. At times like this she would think of the grassy hillside where she had woken up not too long before this. She had a good understanding of how things worked, but anything else seemed to fail her prior to that point.

She didn’t even know why she had had so much trouble getting along with male life forms, but she had never questioned that before. Back at the training grounds, Benny would wait for her guild mark to be applied before she spoke again. “So...now that I’m a member of the guild, is there any advice that you might give in terms of handling jobs, or interacting with other guild members?”

Word Count: 305

Benny Word Count: 2,268

Total Word Count: 5,677

Shen Kadokawa
    Shen Kadokawa

Character Sheet

Post by Shen Kadokawa 22nd February 2020, 5:39 am

When the recruit pointed at the location she desired to place her guild mark at, Johann simply stared at her for a few moments, admittedly somewhat dumbfounded by the girl's request, his mouth slightly ajar as if to speak up, though no words left his mouth. Finally, the Ambassador closed his eyes, sighing deeply, pinching the bridge of his nose with his index finger and thumb in what could only be interpreted as, well, surprise. That, and a good streak of disappointment. "My apologies, Miss Ceostra. I did not realize", he spoke, his tone carrying the same notes as his initial reaction. His mind, more instinctively than anything else, contemplated the implications of having one's guild mark placed in a part of the body that was, by most people, seen as inherently explicit. Shouldn't the guild mark be located somewhere where it could be easily seen, and perhaps further something that was leaps and bounds more important, where it could be presented without risking what would arguably be taken by most others as shame, embarrassment, or ... intent where none was present? It was beyond the silver-haired man, but he did not want to inquire. Nothing was further from him at this moment. It wasn't his decision, after all.

Johann simply turned around, uncorking the vial with the red liquid and letting the magical ink do the work for him. After all, he did not want to cause discomfort for the girl, and admittedly, himself. Instead, the ink simply rose from its container, suspended in the air for a brief moment before floating over to Benny, slowly but surely shifting to the location of desire before making contact with her skin, seeping into it in an instant before shifting into the shape of the cross that signified membership of Dies Irae at once, and, of course, changing color to the hue of her desire, as well. As for the Ambassador, he'd had quite enough of being embarrassed by his members, though of course, he would entirely keep that to himself. When the girl asked him the question, he did not turn around, instead simply saying. "Handle yourself with confidence, grace, respect, and in a professional manner as a member of the guild. Be kind when the situation allows, and be unfalteringly strong when necessary. As for interacting with your guild members ...", Johann paused briefly, raising his hand in a small gesture, throwing the woman a set of keys, "... simply be yourself and I'm sure you will all get along just fine. As for those-", he kept saying without turning still, "-you will find a number on the keys themselves matching a room in the East Wing where the living quarters are located. Welcome to Dies Irae".

The man audibly cleared his throat.

"Now, if you'll excuse me, Miss Ceostra, if that's it, I'll be in my office if you need anything else".

With those words, the Ambassador simply began walking off, not thinking about the fact he was effectively leaving the girl behind on the training grounds. He had resigned himself to his fate, his only desire, at current, to catch a break from this whole business.

Word Count: 529
    Total Word Count: 3,938
    Total Thread Word Count: 6,206

@Benny Ceostra

Current date/time is 28th March 2024, 1:39 pm