Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Political Statement

SlayerMathis
    SlayerMathis

Mythical VIP Status- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Christian Minecraft Server- Magic Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Player 
    Lineage : Bladesmaster
    Position : None
    Guild : Meliora Vitae
    Cosmic Coins : 300
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 658,820

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Blade Summoning
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Political Statement Empty Political Statement

Post by SlayerMathis 5th November 2019, 9:59 pm

After the assassination of one of the Rune Knight commanders, the Bringer of Death thought it prudent to remain in the path of killing other important figures for the sake of money. This one would be on a much higher-scale profile than the previous job, both in terms of the target and the visibility of the action. Rather than being tossed into a border town in the middle of nowhere, this would be live, on-air, in the middle of Era. The request, this time coming from anti-mage organization, requested that the job be done with more aplomb than Kennel's assassination.

Perhaps it would be more a-bomb, rather than aplomb?

Don't make this any more than it has to be.

I'm with the Phantom on this. I thought you would like it to be more amusing, get your mind off of the "pain of murdering people."

The Paragon sighed before retreating into nothingness. Jin was in the council's press room, where his target would be. It was a conference regarding the death of the Knight commander and what it meant for the future of the council and their endeavors, with their pledge to find this "Bringer of Death" that had caused the destruction to their outskirt outpost. Little were they aware, however, that they would not have to look far in order to find their quarry. Jin had hidden his mask and wore the clothes of a reporter that he had attacked previously in order to hide his true identity while gaining access to the council's press room through the Silver Wolf tattoo on his cheek. He examined the press room, trying his best to appear as if he simply was finding the best place to stand for being a reporter to ask questions. No active cameras were around, likely as a way to ensure that the reporter's lacrimas would not receive any interference. He smiled at this realization, checking once again to ensure that there would be no witnesses to him planting the bomb. He stepped to the podium, taking out the tape he had brought with him, taping the briefcase to the underside of the podium. It would not be invisible, but he did not need it to be invisible. Jin had done his research on Representative Cory. Cory had a tendency to immediately jump into questions, keeping good eye contact with the crowd, while also ensuring that he came out after the reporters had all filed in. Security would be light. Cory, above all else, was a proud  politician, refusing the aid of guards, whether by his own magical merit, being a retired A-rank mage, or by trusting that no would-be-ne'er-do-well would be allowed into the Council's headquarters. Jin had just cause to believe Cory would not check underneath the podium, allowing Jin to simply leave the briefcase bomb haphazardly hidden.

Following this, Jin quickly left, preparing himself for his appearance as the Bringer of Death. He had ensured himself that he would be able to stay on broadcast, acquiring a camera lacrima from the reporter who he had accosted to disguise as. At the same time, he knew he had his own task, leading Cory to discuss rehabilitation for Dark Mages if at all possible before detonating the bomb. Cory was a bleeding heart, desiring the best for all, and his clients despised that mindset. He then had tasked himself with doing his best to disprove Cory's mindset, hence the camera lacrima that he had obtained. Jin smiled. He was oddly excited for this moment. While it certainly was a risk to his status within Silver Wolf should his true identity be revealed, the Bringer of Death had gone unnoticed for a long time. Now he had an opportunity to express his power to a wide audience.

The room slowly began to fill with reporters, Jin slipping into their ranks. At the very least, it seemed as if Szjgard and Pendragon had not reported on his appearance, or at least did not report well enough. He wore much the same as what he did for the assassination of Commander Kennel, mostly to draw less attention to his identity outside of the Bringer of Death. After several minutes had passed, Cory finally entered as the camera lacrimas went live. Jin checked a nearby reporter's iLac, who had the news open to ensure that they truly were live.

"Friends, newsfolk, and all you like, welcome! I suppose I should address the initial meaning of this meeting, that being the sudden and tragic death of Commander Hendrick Kennel. Kennel was a respected man within the ranks of the Rune Knights, a man with many veteran years of experience with the Knights, and I am certain that he, in the past, had helped many people's hometowns with whatever criminal-related manners they had encountered. I certainly know that this was the case for me. I thought of him as not just a military man, but as a friend. As a father to beautiful children, a husband to a now-widowed wife, and a child to innocent parents. In this, I pledge myself that we will find his killer and bring him to justice. His slaughter not only of Commander Kennel, but of the innocent men who merely did their jobs in trying to apprehend this heinous criminal, is something that the Magic Council has met with closely-watched intent. While we do not believe his is worthy of being found to be a mass fugitive, the Council has ordered an investigative process to be held on this criminal."

With his introduction speech finished, the hands of reporters began to rise. "Who is this criminal?"

"We do not know much of this villain, I will admit. While a squad of our loyal, hardworking soldiers did their best to apprehend the fiend, they were all met with a grizzly death. However, reports from nearby citizens and non-combatants, as well as one wizard of ours who has abandoned the force, he called himself the 'Bringer of Death' and 'Death Incarnate.' It seemed as if the witnesses were too rattle to recall what the man looked like, only remembering a large, skeletal projection that lingered behind him like another person. We suspect that, due to this projection, the criminal should not be difficult to find. Reports mentioned that it was somewhere around four meters tall in height, and merely extended from skull to ribcage, with bony arms, though it could grow in size. We have just cause to believe that this projection lingers with him at all times from reports, and thus he should be very easy to spot. While the Council itself has not deemed him a threat to all of Fiore, the family of Commander Kennel has issued a thirteen-thousand jewel bounty for whoever apprehends this Bringer of Death, live or dead."

So it seems they were so shocked by the Phantom's appearance that they forgot that you don't always linger around.

Perfectly fine by me. Means I can spook out more people.

But it's a shame that it only led to a thirteen-thousand bounty. I was hoping for more.

You're bound to get more after this stunt.

"So, has this criminal committed any other crimes that we know of?"

"It pains me to admit that we are not certain. The name 'Bringer of Death' has appeared in several records, as one of my employees has researched. It appears to be the focus of some dangerous dark-wizard cults, as well as a historical figure attributed to a slew of murders. However, we do not believe that this same being is truly there, rather that this is an impostor from one of those aforementioned cults. While there have not been any reports of such a being in the past year, we have received reports as early as three years ago, with people reporting on someone who bore much the same alias. We do not believe that this is the same culprit, however. Not only is there this mysterious three-year gap, but reports back then had witness testimony around this culprit wielding a scythe as well as a mysterious aura, as opposed to this skeletal figure."

They dug up my old files. How cute.

"Representative Cory! You have long held a stance that dark wizards should not be killed, but rather imprisoned and placed into rehabilitative programs. While the Kennel family asks for the culprit either alive or dead, what are your thoughts on the matter?"

Oh?

"I must say that this is much the same case. Because I believe this is just a mentally ill man ruined by some delusions of grandeur, I believe that our culprit can be brought to the light. This reminds me of a case I worked on back in my wizarding days. Clearly, this man is a talented magic user, and that I will not deny. However, we can use that for good, rather than for the heinous purposes that he has devoted himself to. On that note, I am sure there will be a question in regards to the recent rise of the anarchist group the Black Blood Brotherhood. I do not believe that this man is associated with the group in any way, as they have shown signs of a hardline, anti-wizard stance towards-"

Jin had heard enough, pressing the detonator that he had tightly gripped in his hand. As expected, a bright ball of fire lit up the stage that Cory was standing on, sending him flying back against the wall. Even if the explosion itself did not kill him, the shards of the podium that impaled him soon after certainly would have. The explosion put the entire room into a state of shock and panic, yet there was an odd stillness to it all. No one dared move. The only way that it could be told that time was advancing was through the screams of fear coming from the horde of reporters and the sudden barking of instructions. Jin had spent much of the time listening to the conference to hijack the frequency that the broadcast would be using, setting it up with his own camera lacrima, which he let float to the center of the room. "Mortem." he quietly muttered, channeling the power of his ancient curse. A wave of darkness flushed over the room, paralyzing it even further. To add to the chaos that had suddenly erupted, Hallow's Phantom had decided to reveal itself, firing off a series of Scarlet Moons to ensure that anyone who was not to be killed by the utterance of "Mortem" would still fall.

This chaos had occured over the course of two mere seconds, with the few security members lining the side of the room crumbling to the ground from the Phantom's attack. The center of the room stood entirely still, as if frozen in time. Jin, with his hands still firmly placed into his pockets, slowly began making his way towards the stage, those who were destined to die poetically falling in his wake, pushed aside by the Phantom.

"I must applaud you for doing your research. That said, I expected more from all of you. You're the all-powerful Council, right? And yet you cannot even take the time to safely ensure that your own people are safe? You cannot even fund the idea of revenge for a grieving widow? I am, quite frankly, appalled. I will never deny my status as the Bringer of Death, that very criminal you are seeking. While the Council may have all the power they could ever desire within Fiore, I am the one who has the power over deciding who lives and dies. Take, for example, the poor Representative Cory. An up-and-coming wizard in the ranks of the Rune Knights, nearly reaching that ever-desirable S-Rank, only to be shoved down into the dregs of bureaucracy to the point where he has lost all his magic-enhanced resilience. Or even taking it early, Commander Kennel. It did not take much research to realize that he was one a talented wizard, a driving force in the arrests of many criminals. And yet, the Council once again forced him into the role of a lapdog. The Council ruined the future of a man who had more potential than they ever could have. While I may have done this at the whims of a client, I cannot deny that I take personal pleasure in this action. The Council is corrupt. The Council has failed its people, and my clients were the first to realize that, and yet the truth has been subdued. They were stopped from speaking their minds due to the fear of the Council. They were stopped from their realization that the Council breeds a society gripped by fear and inequality due to the Council believing it in their best interest to propagate this lie. Yes, it is very true that I, myself, can use magic. It would be foolish of me to deny that. Yet even I, the Bringer of Death that you so fear, realize the hypocrisy of this Council. Your Council is nothing more than a bunch of shams. Your Council claims to enforce the laws of the land for the good of all people of Fiore, with the Rune Knights being their long arm of the law, their enforcers towards a goal of peace in the realm. And yet, you fail to acknowledge those that cannot use magic.

Even aside from that, take a look at your so-called 'defense' of Fiore. Take a look at what guilds you sanction! Dies Irae is naught but a group of vigilantes working towards the complete eradication of those who do not follow their law of morals, who do not follow their moral obligations! Look at your very own Rune Knights! They bend to the whims of you council members, and those that deny the truth of any single word that you say are subject to removal! They are subject to arrest! Absolute loyalty to your corrupt order is demanded! Sabertooth does not even concern itself with the people, merely pledging themselves to defend themselves about this made-up threat of elders that they claim have the potential to destroy the world! And yet you have Fairy Tail, the most legendary guild that Fiore has ever seen, and they have been disowned by the Council for not agreeing to every whim they have. Even the Dark Guilds that exist have more morals than Dies Irae, or the Rune Knights, or Sabertooth! The hypocrisy of the Council bears ill will to all who bend their knee and beg for salvation from the absentee gods that they claim themselves to be!

Even outside of their sanction of immoral guilds and their hypocritical actions, do not deny that they are evil in their own rights! They hold themselves as the gods of Fiore. They do not claim to be the leaders. Leaders are those that can accept criticism. Leaders are those that acknowledge their failure to attain perfection. They do not accept this. They see complaint as insubordination. They see themselves as the law in its entirety. They see themselves as the end-all, be-all truth. They follow their own code of morals with no regard to those whose fail to perfectly align with their ideals - fail to perfectly align themselves with their motives and desires and whims! They may believe themselves as high-and-mighty, but they are nothing more than frauds! They realize that their hypocrisy fails to solve matters, merely postpone them. Our late friend Cory here is the perfect example of this failure to think. He believes that villains can be brought to see the light and can be turned to do good in the world. I am here to prove that is wrong.  Simply arresting a criminal for their crimes does no good. It merely serves as a slap on the wrist before allowing them free into the world to follow through with their actions. Action is necessary. Perhaps that is why they sanction Dies Irae. They fear having to take matters into their own hands, so they allow a guild that, by all means, should be feared more than some of the so-called Dark Guilds. But the Council allows them to operate because they seek and destroy those that disobey their laws and their orders. But I say, what change does it make if the only difference between two guilds that seek to destroy injustice is whose injustice is evaluated? Who is to say that the Council's views on justice is the truth? Who's to say that the beliefs of those who have been banished from the law and forced into the darkness and the shame of becoming outcasts for realizing the truth that this corrupt Council has!

The Council has brought this upon themselves. Look at what they have done, even in regards to the situation on your screens now. Perhaps there was too much chaos to notice, but it should be noted that I had been in the room for the entirety of the conference. I had been able to simply walk in and plant the weapon that brought Cory to his early grave. The Council does not care for its people. The members of the Council only have one motivation, and that is the members of the Council. They did not investigate to see if there would be any danger. They are too proud to even fathom that someone would even attempt to commit a crime in their own place. They allowed this to happen. Perhaps the cameras did not catch it, but their security had been and yet is being crushed with ease without me even needing to raise a finger in combat. Granted, Hallow's Phantom is doing a wonderful job of allowing me to continue my speech to you, but the point stands. If a man as weak as I is allowed to simply walk into the home of the Council and not only kill one of their own associates, but to also slaughter innocent people and other various staff members without the perpetrator even needing to give an effort towards defending himself, then what will they do for those that stand outside their jurisdiction? What of those that do not bear the arbitrary blessing of this corrupt Council? What of those who have no use to the Council because they were not blessed with the gift of magic? If they do not care for those that they should be regarding with extra safety, then what will they do to those that they would have no regard for? People of Fiore, listen to me! I will not ask that you all stand in rebellion. I merely request that you consider the Council and its falsities. I am the Bringer of Death, and I have brought my divine justice to this Council that I have deemed unworthy. Let it be known that the Council would do much the same to those they deem unworthy."

Jin called for Hallow's Phantom to destroy the camera lacrima as he looked at the carnage that had been caused in the once-pristine press room. All the reporters had collapsed to the ground from the Bringer of Death's simple word. Any security that had been in the room or that was in the immediate vicinity had been brought to heel by the Phantom. Yet despite all the death that lay in the room, aside from the shattered remains of the stage that Representative Cory once stood on, it was oddly serene. The room had remained untouched. A hatch in the roof opened, as a rope was dangled from the ceiling. His clients had infiltrated the building for these purposes, both to ensure that the broadcast would remain on-air as Jin monologued and to ensure that he would be able to make an escape before any of the truly dangerous members of the Rune Knights would arrive. Cory was not high enough in the pecking order to warrant the assignment of a truly talented defense detail, merely enough to halt a petty whelp of a wizard, so any arrival from the more elite corps of the Knights would spell trouble for Jin, primarily for his future in Silver Wolf. He slowly began to make his way out of the Council's headquarters, content with his work.

As much as I hate your actions in slaughtering all those people, I can't deny some of your points on the Council. I don't agree with all of them, and I would still gladly take the Council over anything else, but...

I don't even know if I truly believe all I said. It was mostly just a bit. I was told to slander the Council, and I believe I did my work. The truth of my words is up to interpretation, I think. So make of them what you will. Personally, it does not concern me much. The Council will likely be able to trace this back to the Brotherhood, and they will not sell me out as the Council is too stubborn to believe that Silver Wolf sanctioned these actions. Worst case scenario is that the Brotherhood squeals and we get reprimanded by Leona. Best case scenario is that I simply gain notoriety and infamy like I deserve.

Jin smiled, smugly proud of himself for his actions.

WC: 3555

Last edited by SlayerMathis_ on 5th November 2019, 10:00 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I got a color wrong)

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Political Statement DcM8us5

[center]Mathis Lora | Blademaster Lineage | Monado | Magic | Poppi

Current date/time is 28th March 2024, 6:54 pm