Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Pumpkin Picking Party

Shane Stern
    Shane Stern

Player 
    Lineage : Super Soldier
    Guild : Rune Knights
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 623,530

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Plus Ultra
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Pumpkin Picking Party Empty Pumpkin Picking Party

Post by Shane Stern 29th October 2019, 12:33 am

Shane looked at the brown and red leaves on the ground, sighing as another autumn had came and very soon it would be another year gone. It had been a very life-changing year for him, with his joining the Rune Knights and the quick ascension up the ladder of command to the point that Shane was unbelievably the General of the Spec Ops division now. It was still a truth he refused to believe, but he wasn’t one that would shirk away his duties and responsibilities. The only compensation was that he wasn’t relegated to some commanding position from behind the scenes and could still perform his duties as a Spec Ops member.

Shane turned around and looked around at his two coworkers with a lopsided grin. He was in his casual clothes today, since this was an unofficial job and he had intended it for them to get to know each other better. Nothing would get in the way of that more than wearing uniforms.

“So, this is probably a nice change of pace eh? Away from all that stealthy, killing stuff that we normally do,” the blonde Rune Knight attempted to make small talk with his coworkers. There was nothing wrong with his intentions, but the only mistake he had made was assuming that everyone else had taken jobs as insane as he had.

[227 words]

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Beaux
    Beaux

Alt Account- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Job Creator- Christian Minecraft Server- I Have Friends...- Teaming Up!- Achiever- Expert Achiever- Over Achiever- Sticking Around- Dank Memer- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Cookie Achievement- Cupcake Achievement- Rainbow- Hero- Have Onida On Your Friend's List- Have aeluri On Your Friend's List- Player 
    Lineage : Gold Flames of Amatsu
    Position : None
    Guild : ❖ Rune Knights ❖
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Mentor : ✤ DOPPO ✤
    Experience : 26,837

Character Sheet
    First Magic: ♥ Heart of Divinity ♥
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Pumpkin Picking Party Empty Re: Pumpkin Picking Party

Post by Beaux 29th October 2019, 7:08 pm

Angel Boy
    Beaux
    Caught up inside, both happy and lonely
    Job: Pumpkins!
    Post Word Count: 267
    Job Word Count: 267/1,500
    Muse: 10/10
    Music: Spoopy
    Items Used IC/OOC: Item 1, Item 2
    Active Spells: Spell 1 (Duration: x/x)
    Beaux walked beside Shane and Wren, his boots shuffling leaves with each step. It was autumn - still - and he was enjoying the last of the warm weather. Despite the brisk air, it was still generally warm. The angel pulled his favorite scarf up a little higher under his chin, the soft material providing the protection he needed from the breeze. Thought he enjoyed how regal the Rune Knight uniforms were, Beaux was always glad to change into his own stylish outfits. Autumn was the perfect season for it too!

The three Special Ops members had ventured out to pick pumpkins for a local farmer that had posted flyers around. It was still the harvest season and nearing Halloween. People all over were beginning to make pumpkin pie and carve jack-o-lanterns, so the demand was high.

The angel glanced over at Shane. The man was the only one who was his superior in the Special Ops department, yet the two hadn't interacted much. Beaux had wanted to get to know him for a while since they were in the same department, but an opportunity never presented itself. Any interactions were short and strictly business, not by either of their choices. The Rune Knights were always busy.

Beaux’s brow furrowed at Shane’s question. Stealthy killing stuff? That was unlike anything the angel had been assigned before and not anything he would willingly participate in. The thought of killing someone made him queasy. “Er… Monsieur Shane… just what kind of jobs have you been doing?” he queried with concern in his voice as they walked along the path.
    IVYLEAF33

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Pumpkin Picking Party 60654_s
    Wren
    Wren

Alt Account- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Christian Minecraft Server- Achiever- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Motor City Rush- Player 
    Lineage : Otherworldly Witch
    Faction : The Rune Knights
    Guild : Guildless
    Experience : 27,782

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Witches Bonds
    Second Magic: Enchantress of Woe
    Third Magic:

Post by Wren 30th October 2019, 9:14 am

Witches
    &
    Cats
    290/1500 words || @Shane Stern @Beaux || Pumpkin Picking Gone Wrong / Page 1, Post n°7 || short note here
    The leaves were changing color! The air was being nippy! Wren was feeling excited! Samhain was soon~! The little witch was zipping around on her broom with Nanny at the front wearing an orange pumpkin outfit with green gloves and orange Mary Jane’s on her feet. She honestly was enjoying the little outfits she was seeing around Era and how the kids were enjoying themselves too. Some adults like herself too, though she had been mistaken for a child. A boy even still.

With a sigh to the comments, she had made her way to where Beaux and another member, Shane Stern, were meeting up. Pumpkins! They made great foods and drinks! She was rather excited to be pumpkin picking with fellow members of the Rune Knights. She even wore a big grin, till General Stern asked about the change of pace. Wren blinked and tilted her head as she sat on her broom. Her eyes had gone wide and jaw hung slack. Even Nanny had her head perked up with her ears back and eyes wide at his comment! stealthy, killing stuff?! Just what in the world?! So far Wren had killed… no one. She hadn't even made an arrest yet! Yeah, she knew General- no, Field Marshall Ragnos had killed some people, but not much, and he hadn't taken her on such jobs yet. But that was it.

"Uuuuuummmm I've only investigated a place and done some alchemy with the Engineering Corp…" She says with an awkward smile. Honestly, Wren had no clue how to respond or act now. She looked towards Beaux, and raised an eyebrow to him. She was at least glad she wasn't the only concerned one with how he spoke to the other general.

STATISTICS
    HP: 500/500
    MP: 500/500
    Spells Used: list them here
    Abilities Active: list them and their effects here
    Weapons Equipped: Alchemy Belt, Witches Broom
    Monsters Killed: list here
    Other Notes: HP = Alchemy Belt - 25% at B
    MP = Alchemy Belt - 25% at B
    IVYLEAF33

Shane Stern
    Shane Stern

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Shane Stern 30th October 2019, 6:45 pm

Shane looked at the looks of confusion on his coworkers face with concern. Had there been a mix-up in their assignments? After they had spoken, Shane had thought back to all of his previous missions and he hadn’t remembered them wrongly. All of them had involved stealth and killing some threats.

“Hmm, are you sure you guys didn’t get the wrong assignments?” Shane asked them again for confirmation, with a hint of laughter in his voice. Then he looked at Wren. “You seem kinda malnourished, Wren. Let’s get you enrolled in the training program. That should probably make a man out of you.”

He took a look around the vast field again, eyes stopping for a little while on the scarecrow in the middle of the field and at the clump of bald trees to one side of the field. As his eyes swept across the ravens resting upon the dried branches, Shane had felt something off, like they were following his movements as well. But the Rune Knight General dismissed that thought instantly. This was a fun trip, there was probably nothing ominous about it.

“So you guys ready to pick them? Does anyone know how though?” Shane asked sheepishly. “It’s my first time doing it…”

[207 words]
    [Total: 434/1500]

Beaux
    Beaux

Alt Account- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Job Creator- Christian Minecraft Server- I Have Friends...- Teaming Up!- Achiever- Expert Achiever- Over Achiever- Sticking Around- Dank Memer- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Cookie Achievement- Cupcake Achievement- Rainbow- Hero- Have Onida On Your Friend's List- Have aeluri On Your Friend's List- Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Beaux 5th November 2019, 8:02 pm

Angel Boy
    Beaux
    Post Word Count: 395/662
    Job Word Count: 662/1,500
    Music:
    ”I’m certain I would not take part in a job of such manner,” Beaux replied to Shane in a curt, but polite tone. The topic was awkward and he wanted to move on to something a little more positive, though the confusion was still there. It was worrying that Shane was talking so casually about these kinds of missions as if killing was an everyday task. He would have to ask Doppo or Serilda for clarification.

Beaux was left speechless as Shane said they’d make a man out of Wren. Should he defend her? Correct Shane? Was it rude to do so? The Major General couldn’t decide, so he stayed silent. An apologetic glance was sent Wren’s way. She always had to deal with this kind of stuff. It must be tough. He vowed to forgo his politeness and defend her next time!

“Ooh! I have the perfect way to get the pumpkins!” From the bag at his side, the angel withdrew three pairs of orange-handled pruning shears. He offered a pair to Shane and Wren each. Looking sheepishly between his two companions, he muttered a quick explanation for the sudden tools. “I picked them up at a gardening store on my way here… I figured they’d come in handy!” He had also bought a tiny succulent plant that now rested gently at the bottom of the bag, but he wasn’t about to reveal that to the two. The past few plants he owned had met an unlucky fate, but they were so cute that Beaux couldn’t stop buying them. This one would be different! He just knew it.

“You probably just…”
    Beaux said, trailing off as he placed the blades of the open shears around a pumpkin plant stem. Pushing the handles together, the stem was snipped with a neat click! “Aha!” the Knight cheered.

Suddenly from behind a nearby pumpkin, a crow took off in a frightening flurry of feathers and flew back to its flock in the nearby trees. Its ear-piercing caw scared Beaux terribly. He was so spooked that he dropped the tool in hand and swiftly jumped behind Wren. The woman wasn’t much of a shield, as she was feet shorter than he, but in the moment it seemed like a good idea. It was probably a funny and pitiful sight, a tall, elegant man hiding behind a tiny witch.
    IVYLEAF33

Wren
    Wren

Alt Account- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Christian Minecraft Server- Achiever- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Motor City Rush- Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Post by Wren 7th November 2019, 11:28 am

Witches
    &
    Cats
    (680) 970/1500 words || @Beaux @Shane Stern || Pumpkin Picking Gone Wrong / Page 1, Post n°7 || short note here
    The little witch raised an eyebrow to General Stern with an utterly confused look. “I have… never picked an assignment? I’ve only been taken on them…” Her eyes squinted at the other man cautiously. Then he said the dreaded words she hated. A wry smile was on her lips as she seemed rather pissed. She was trying so hard, just to keep it in. “General! I know it doesn’t look like it, but I’m a female. But by all means, sign me up for a training program so I can beat it into people that I! Am! An! Adult! Female!” Her voice rose with each word at the end. She had gotten enough of the ‘You’re such a cute boy’ comment near all day already. She was at her snapping point. Nanny had quickly jumped back towards her witch’s arms as she had slid off of her broom and was trying to comfort her. She knew how hard of a time Wren got with her body shape.

Then the topic had changed again. She didn’t know if she wanted to pick pumpkins anymore. She paid little mind to the birds above, knowing that crows and ravens were associated with Morrigan, more the ravens than crows, but they were close. Then she realized the sheer amount of crows about. That didn’t seem too great. Wren looks over to Beaux as he pulled out some pruning shears from bag, and couldn’t help but giggle. It was like her own alchemy bag. Endless. A smile grew on her face when he explained to them why he had them, and giggled. Maybe it’d be okay after all with her friend here. “Do you garden often? I’ve been looking for some plants to decorate my room with. I got some herbal flowers from when I went investigating a hut in the forest with Director Ragnos, but I need more for my alchemy and apothecary stuff…” She pursed her lips a bit while she watched Beaux show them how to cut the pumpkins from their stems.

The demonstration was mainly for Shane than her, but she wouldn’t stop him from showing the other as she hadn’t come prepared if she was honest. She expected them to already be cut off their vines. She blinked as a crow flew off and cawed, but more she was blinking at the fact that her tall friend was hiding behind her small body. A huge grin had grown on her face and she began giggling quite a bit. “Don’t worry, Beaux! I’ll protect you! I’m stronger now and I’ve gotten more magic here lately!” She says as she puts her hands on her hips while she stuck her nose up in the air. She was proud of herself. As she had done that though, she had dropped Nanny back on the ground. Nanny was hissing though. She wasn’t liking something that was nearby…

The little witch looks down at Nanny, then up around them. She holds up the shears in her hands, just as the sky was getting cloudy and dark. It was all these crows. “Thanks Nanny.” Wren says as she was grateful for the cats heightened senses compared to hers. The crows started to fly around the group and Wren slumps her shoulders. She had a bad feeling about this. “Can I be stronger first before we’re attacked by things?” She groans just as the birds started to come swooping down upon them. There was no waiting. She closes her eyes for a moment before a glowing, golden bracelet was on her wrist. When she opened her eyes again, the brown that was once behind the lenses, were now a bright blue color, and around the four was a shield. Just as the shield was up, the birds came crashing into it and trying to attack them. Wren wasn’t serious looking often, only when making her potions and doing her craft was she ever really serious. “I don’t think these birds are exactly nice guys!” She says as she was focusing on keeping this shield up right then.

STATISTICS
    MP: 460/500
    Spells Used:
    Bracelet of Protection 1/6 posts - 160/240 HP - spell durability buff for all in spell (burst) - 60%
    IVYLEAF33

Shane Stern
    Shane Stern

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Shane Stern 13th November 2019, 1:58 am

“My bad guys, let’s not talk about assignments anymore today. Coffee after this? My treat. As compensation for having mentioned about work at all,” Shane offered after finding that his talk about their duties had caused all of them to drift apart even further. He knew of a quaint little coffee shop not far from here, and at this time of the year, their specialty was various types of coffee with pumpkin infused flavors. His personal favorite was a glass of hot black coffee mixed with pumpkin syrup. “Wren, I’m sorry about that mix-up. How does a super tall glass of pumpkin-flavored latte sound to you? Oh, and pumpkin cookies too. I can bet you that once you have a bite of Layra’s cookies, you will never try another’s again!”

After that they watched attentively as Beaux took out a pair of shears for everyone and began to instruct them on how to do it. Shane nodded his head as he watched, but when a crow flew by, the Rune Knight General was surprised. However, it was what had transpired that had surprised him instead of the crow’s flight. His Major General was now hiding behind a Private. Shane frowned slightly at Beaux’s response, but he was frowning because he was worried about his coworker’s psychological state. Had he been affected by that attack by such a degree?

From the mouths of the Field Marshall and the Director, he had heard of the sneak attack on Beaux that had left him completely broken and battered. It had only been lucky that he had been found by Serilda or he might not even have survived. Just listening to the story alone had Shane’s blood boiling at that time.

However, his attention was pulled back to the present the individual crow was joined by its brethren, and without any indication, the murder of crows began diving out of the skies. It was good that Wren had acted quickly first, putting up a shield as the crows kept their divebombing assault up, continuously pelting at the shield and from the exertion of strength on Wren’s expression, Shane could tell that it wouldn’t last long.

A flick of his wrist summoned his trusty shield to his left hand and without missing a beat, Shane slammed his shield into the ground to release a massive amount of his magic energy. A magical shield was erected on the exterior of Wren’s own shield.

‘’Stay inside the shield. Wren… protect Beaux,” Shane instructed as he ran out from within the shield’s protective range. He had already requipped his SIG Sauer P250, his custom modified pistol, and with trained precision, pulled the trigger on the swarming crows. Every once in a while, Shane would raise his shield to defend against the divebombing shields as he shot them down one by one.

[473 words]
    [Shane's WC: 907 / 1500]

Beaux
    Beaux

Character Sheet
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Beaux 14th November 2019, 11:35 am

Angel Boy
    Beaux
    Post Word Count: 495
    Job Word Count: 1,157/1,500
    Music:
    ”No,” Beaux replied to Wren. “Sadly I never got to try gardening when I was young…” He pouted a bit. So many simple things had been missed in his upbringing because they were for “commoners”. Upon his freedom from Napedia, the angel had tried many mundane tasks with glee. Unfortunately, he had become embarrassed when he realized he wasn’t very good at some of them. That included taking care of plants. So many succulents and flowers had succumbed, much to his dismay. “Ooh! We should go shopping for plants sometime!” he added.

Beaux stood up from his hiding spot behind Wren, straightening out his clothes and looking down in an attempt to hide the blush growing on his face. Ever since his encounter with Sanguine, he had been a bit jumpy. It was hard to feel comfortable when he remembered how she had appeared from nowhere and attacked him so easily. Loud sounds were especially upsetting and scary. “Thank you Wren,” he said quietly, giving her a smile. Her proud expression as she spoke confidently about her newfound strength cheered him up.

Unease began to fill the angel as the crows circled around them, the multiplying murder turning the sky dark. Lower and lower they flew, until in one sweeping motion they dove at the little group. Beaux raised his arms to cover himself, but there was no need. Wren had created a shield that the birds bounced off of. Shane quickly replaced her shield with one of his own, then told Wren to protect Beaux. The Knight was about to respond indignantly but decided against it. The words weren’t spoken out of ill intent.

The angel’s wings burst from beneath his shirt and extended to their full majestic span. White feathers looked gray in the darkness of the murder cloud. White began to change into pitch black and two more sets of wings grew from his back. The top set was white, the middle black, and the bottom white. He now had six wings instead of two.

From beneath Shane’s shield spell, Beaux began his counter-attack. Black feathers rained from the middle pair of wings. Gaining momentum, they changed their direction from falling to shooting out at the crows. These feathers had become hardened and were incredibly sharp. They sliced through the crow bodies like butter, thinning the crowd slowly. Angry and painful squawks rang out across the field.

Between Beaux and Shane’s attacks - and Wren’s if she chose to attack - the murder of crows was decimated. Their bodies littered the pumpkin patch. The angel folded in his pairs of wings. “Mon Dieu!” he cried, taking in deep breaths. “That was unexpected.”

Looking over the crow bodies, he realized that the majority of them had somehow landed in a large mound - or had they moved there? Beaux narrowed his blue eyes and watched the carcasses carefully. There! Movement came from beneath the corpse pile. The angel braced himself for another threat.
    @tagged
    IVYLEAF33

Wren
    Wren

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Post by Wren 15th November 2019, 8:56 pm

Witches
    &
    Cats
    (816) * 1500/1500 words || @Shane Stern @Beaux || Pumpkin Picking Gone Wrong / Page 1, Post n°7 || ** 286 extra words
    After General Stern suggested coffee after they finish pumpkin picking, Wren taps her chin a bit. It didn't sound too bad if she was honest. She liked some of the coffee here she tasted. Much better than back on her old world. "I've yet to try pumpkin flavored anything besides pie, so I'm down to try a latte and cookies, but only cause I'm curious." She giggles. She hoped he didn't mention the cookies because he thought she was still a child.

She looked over to Beaux as he said he never learned how to garden, and she gasped before she grabbed his arm. "I'll show you! It's not too hard! Just have to make sure the plants have enough soil and sunlight and water really! And some don't need to be watered too much." She gushed as she tilts her head with a grin on her face. As he proposed going shopping for plants, Wren's eyes lit up rather brightly. "Yes! Let's! Oh it's gonna be fun~!" She squealed as she let go of Beaux's arm before he showed them how to cut the pumpkins and the birds came.

Beaux's thanks made Wren blush a bit herself, and she glanced back towards him to show him her brown eyes were now blue. “It’s no big deal!” A cheeky grin was on her face as she nods to him. “I used to do this all the time when I was back on Sailkia! For children at least. I had enough magic to ward off others from them.” She had a sad smile before she turned her attention back forward, just in time to see the shield that Shane put up. She hesitated for a moment, honestly not sure how to react. Was her spell that weak to the general? She shook that thought away. No. He just wanted his comrades safe. That was it. She had nodded her head towards Shane as she was readying herself to cast another spell.

She looks back towards Beaux as he had a couple extra pairs of wings after hearing some of the rufflings of the feathers. “Wh-?” She started to question as she watched him. It looked pretty regardless though! Especially when he used his own spell against the birds. The feathers flying out towards the creatures and seeming to stab them actually looked rather mesmerizing to the little witch. They could also be useful in potions, so she’d have to ask him if she could have a few that weren’t attached to him anymore. She always only took feathers that already molted from birds for potions, even though fresh ones usually were better.

Wren didn’t let off her own attack as by the time she would, all the birds were taken care of by her two companions. Honestly right then, she didn’t feel like she was all that special with her abilities. But at the same time, she wasn’t one of millions of witches like before who could do mainly the same things and just be more proficient in a certain type of thing. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. “Nanny, be ready.” She muttered as her black cat* was positioned as if she were ready to pounce on something. She had also noticed the pile of bird corpses sitting on the ground. It unsettled her too. The next thing she knew, the mound of feathers moved and up came a ugly mutation of the corpses! Or she assumed the thing was made the corpses. It had spotted the group and started going after them while flexing its clawed hand.

She made a face at the brute that sent chills down her spine and let a snarling incantation start dripping off her lips. It sounded as if it was in another language, which it more than likely was, but as long as Wren understood it and could cast a spell from it, it’s all that mattered. Her eyes seemed to glow a brighter blue now as the wind blew just a little bit, exposing a glowing blue, but clearly purple, ajna on her forehead just under her bangs there. Suddenly, out of the ground, stems of rosemary shot out from the ground and seemed to stab right into the monstrosity to hold it into place as it seemed to scream its ghastly screams in pain from her attack.

Wren shook a bit. This felt like a different experience. She’s harmed to protect herself before, but not in a setting like this. This just feels worse. It was probably because of the chilling area and the pumpkins about them. She was still muttering her incantations, and holding her hand up with the bracelet on it. She wasn’t going to let the shield down, not a chance. She was sure that after her quick attack, the other two would probably be able to smash into it more.**

STATISTICS
    MP: 425/500
    Spells Used:
    B - Bracelet of Protection - 2/6 posts - 160/240 HP - spell durability buff for all in spell (burst) - 60%
    B+ - Rosemary Ward - 1/8 posts - 90 HP per hit (probs like 5 stems) - +5% mp to Wren (+25 MP)
    IVYLEAF33

Shane Stern
    Shane Stern

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Shane Stern 16th November 2019, 12:05 am

The smile on Shane’s expression was one of pride. Being overprotective of his comrades, Shane had put himself out of the shield in a bid to protect them while he left himself out in the open with nothing but his trusty pistol, the repeated report from his pistol matched with an ear-piercing screech as the crows dropped from the skies with each shot. However, as the qualified Rune Knights selected to join the Special Ops division as the two of them were, Beaux and Wren shone like diamonds amongst charcoal. The wings from Beaux’s back, opening wide, stood out like a glowing beacon in the dark atmosphere, a dark mist having permeated the area as the crows continued to drop and the skies became overcast.

It was an awe-inspiring sight as six wings extended fully from the Major General’s back, and feathers from the wings began to take flight. Black feathers shot into the air higher than the crows and changed their trajectory, as a rain of razor-sharp feathers pierced through the crows and dropped them in mid-flight. It was a more impressive display of force than Shane’s shooting. The trauma may have made his Major General slightly twitchier, but Shane knew that deep inside Beaux, whatever had made him a Rune Knight was unfaltering. As they fought, the team had begun to notice that the dying crows had no doubt been gathering together before dropping to the ground.

And the reason become apparent when the entire mound of corpses began to rise. What started as just a quake within the mound began to move vigorously as it rose back up from the dead. Made up of all the dead crows, this new being was large. Taller than Shane even. The little one, Wren, wasn’t as helpless as he looked as well. Her quick reaction with her shield had already been a pleasant surprise for Shane, and her follow-up was nonetheless praiseworthy. Shane was already in combat stance when light began to glow from behind him, a quick glance indicating it came from Wren.

In accordance to her release of power, plants shot up from the ground and stabbed through the creature, strangling it from within to keep it in place. The screams were loud and haunting, as the creature struggled against its bonds.

“Good spell, kiddo!” Shane called out as he lunged forward, turning around in a split second to give Wren a thumbs-up. When he was within striking range, Shane held out his left arm to the side and immediately a shield of blue and red appeared strapped to his lower arm. He had summoned Patriot and with weapon in hand, the Rune Knight held it to his front and put all of his strength behind the shield and rammed straight into the creature. The impact tore the creature out of the vines that held it down, further damaging it.

But Shane wasn’t done with it. As it stumbled backwards, Shane led the charge with a lunging knee strike, planting the attack right in the monster’s chest. It took four steps back, and while the creature took its time to fall, Shane landed quickly and leapt back into the air with a powerful roundhouse kick. The attack ended the horrible monstrosity right there and then, forcing it to disperse and for the magic binding the dead crows together to come undone. Shane let out a breath of relief but it was short-lived. The scarecrow across the field had begun to move.

Watching Beaux with his wings, Shane wasn’t that worried. But for Wren, the kid seemed like his magic was rather limited in terms of offensive power. Looking down at the pistol he had just Requipped, Shane tossed it over to Wren.

“You’ll need this, kiddo.”

[628 words]
    [Shane's WC: 1535 / 1500]

Beaux
    Beaux

Character Sheet
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Beaux 21st November 2019, 2:20 pm

Angel Boy
    Beaux
    Post Word Count: 628
    Job Word Count: 1,785/1,500
    Music:
    Beaux stood ready as his companions defeated the crow-carcass beast. He was tempted to shoot more feathers at it, but it seemed that Wren and Shane could handle it. Blue eyes turned towards the scarecrow in the middle of the field as his companions took a moment to recover from the crow fight. It was moving, stirring to life as if it has just awoken from a long nap. As its head raised, Beaux met the menacing eyes that glowed from beneath the hat brim. At once he knew that this being would be a threat as well.

The scarecrow moved unnervingly fast, taking a moment to free itself from the post to which it was tied. It picked up a wickedly sharp scythe that was resting against the wood and ran straight at Beaux. Glowing golden eyes didn’t blink or break eye contact as it moved. The angel’s heart began to race.

Within seconds the scarecrow was bearing down on him. He had to act fast. The scythe swung high above the enemy’s head, then sliced downward at breakneck speed. Beaux took a step back. The middle pair of wings were thrust forward, cocooning around him protectively. Large spikes on the black wing joints came together just in time to hold off the scythe. The sound of the impact was high and sharp, ringing out across the field. The blade caught between the two spikes, coming to a staggered halt and unable to be removed. Both Beaux and the scarecrow pushed their strength against one another. Sweat began to form on the angel’s brow.

At last, with a surge of energy, Beaux heaved the scythe blade away from him. In a heartbeat he was lunging towards the scarecrow. A fist was raised and thrown towards the straw man, the strength granted by Nosoi’s wings making it hit with more power. The attack landed on the scarecrow’s chest, knocking it back a few steps. It almost looked shocked at the effort Beaux was putting out, if that was even an emotion it could convey.

The Major General backed up, giving his wings a shake. The scarecrow kept launching unpredictable attacks with its scythe which were difficult to dodge. Beaux had to parry a few swings with the spikes of his black wings. Some of the attacks cut too close and sheared off a few feathers. He was beginning to gain the upper hand when an unusual strike caught him off guard. Instead of trying to cut him with the sharp edge, the scarecrow smacked him right upside the head with the flat side of the blade. Beaux stumbled back, his ear ringing and face stinging. He had to dodge more strikes in quick succession and lost more feathers in the process.

From beneath the black pair of wings, more knifelike feathers were shot at the scarecrow. They tore at its clothing, the burlap “skin”, and the straw underneath, slowly shredding the scarecrow apart. Occasionally a feather would rebound off the scythe blade with a ding as if it were made of metal. Underneath it all, a lacrima in the scarecrow’s chest became exposed. It was a glowing reddish-orange and seemed to be the source of the being’s life. Beaux looked to his companions, hoping they were ready to help at a moment’s notice. He lunged in again, holding off the blade with his wing spikes once more. While the torn up scarecrow was distracted, an opportunity had opened up behind it for someone to come in and shatter the lacrima. The action would effectively end the beast.

Beaux glanced to his fellow Knights. “Wren! Shane!” he called, hoping they would end the battle while he held off the sweeping scythe. His face was turning red with the effort.
    IVYLEAF33

Wren
    Wren

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Post by Wren 22nd November 2019, 10:21 pm

Witches
    &
    Cats
    (1524) 1810 words || @Shane Stern @Beaux || job info / job sign-up || short note here
    Wren takes a deep breath as she shook her head at Shane. “General Stern, please note that I am twenty-four years old. I am not a kid. So please do not treat me like I am one. I know my height apparently tells everyone otherwise, but it is what it is.” She had growled while focusing on her magic. She was going to blow up on someone worse than she has so far on someone if this continues. Or she’d go around naked if she had to just for people to understand that she was a female. Maybe looking into physical alteration spells and potions would be great to help her out. Grow her hair out… if it would grow any longer… She just seemed to have all the trouble.

When the gun was tossed to her, Wren was utterly confused and didn’t catch it at first. She had to toss it up to keep it from hitting the ground a couple times before she finally gripped it to her chest. When she did, she looked over to Shane. “I’ve… never used one of these things before?” She looks to Beaux as he was starting to fight the scarecrow. The fight seemed rather intense and Wren was honestly worried if she’d be able to be up to par with them all. Both Shane and Beaux seemed like they were rather skilled if she were to be honest. She was sitting there still trying to gain her magic back, it was a bit unstable for the time being. Hell, she was surprised she even was able to stab the corpse creature with little issue.

She looked over just before Beaux called out her name and noticed the lacrima in the scarecrows chest. She figured that her friend was trying to take that out. She focused her energy for a moment right at the scarecrow before one of the rosemary stems forced its way out of the ground and stabbed into the chest just as Beaux called towards her. Hopefully that worked. As a fog seemed to roll out around them, the little witch became hesitant as she looked around. This was getting spooky, and she hailed from the world of spooky. Or was it country? She wasn't sure yet.

As the fog was rolling around the group, Wren takes a deep breath. She notices a lantern coming closer, and continues to hold up her shield. No way was she going to let them be attacked suddenly. She looked to the gun in her hand, and looked up just as a ghostlike figure with a pumpkin head, a lantern, and a long clawed hand come out of the mist. It was going right at Wren. She let up a shriek and quickly jumped to the side to protect herself. Nanny let up a growl before she let loose a beam of energy from her mouth. The beam hit the pumpkin thing dead on, and it turned its attention to Wren's cat. "Nanny!" Wren cries out before she gripped the gun. She had absolutely NO clue how to use this but trial and error time!

The witch threw the gun at the pumpkin guys head, before her eyes lit up brighter once again and more of the stems of rosemary began stabbing the creature. It seemed most of them passed through it. Her bracelet glowed brightly on her wrist. Nanny seemed to grumble a bit at Wren's lack of knowledge on otherworldly weapons, but managed to pick the gun up while the pumpkin king guy was distracted. She dragged it over to where Wren was again, and pawed at the trigger before it finally shot in the direction of the pumpkin guy. Wren barely noticed her cat doing that. "Giving a hint, I take it." She says as she lifts up the gun via magic and had it in her hand again. She noticed how easy she could slip her finger in where the trigger was and was ready to fire it off.

She gasped as the pumpkin reaper guy came at her after breaking loose from her rosemary stems and went after her again with it's clawed hand raised up. "Run Nanny!" Wren calls as she quickly scrambles away. These shoes weren't made for running like this! A quick whistle summoned Wren's broom and she jumped on it much like a skateboard and let the stems come after the evil thing again. The stems mostly hit it, but it didn't do much again. "Let's try this." She mutters aloud to herself as she holds up the gun. She kept the broom a distance away as she held the gun up. She was shaky as she did so, but she tried to fire, the reaper pumpkin threw something at Wren! The energy of this ball that was thrown at her felt rather dark and ominous. Not something she felt comfortable around.

The redhead witch noticed that her first shot with the gun really sucked and missed probably by a mile. It got a pumpkin, but not the right one. She growls as she now has to teach herself how to fire this stupid weapon while dodging and weaving this thing throwing dark energy balls at her while she was flying on her broom. Easy peasy! She wished. She still had her shield and was trying to concentrate on both throwing out her rosemary again, and on this gun and aiming right. Maybe she could ask Shane to help her after this if she could. Or she'd just give the weapon back and not use it ever again. Sounded like a great idea. A really great one.

Back on track though! This pumpkin reaper king was throwing dark energy balls at Wren, and when she got close, he was trying to swipe at her with its claws. She didn't trust it, for the fact that when it came down on a pumpkin before, it seemed to poison it. It wasn't backing down, and Nanny and Wren were seeming to be doing a decent job at keeping it at bay away from the others. They both were being hit by the energy balls, and Nanny got scratched by the claws, but quickly healed herself before it could attack her again. Wren raised the gun again just as Nanny yowled at the pumpkin, and she fired a shot. It went right through the head, and both the little and her cat stopped in their tracks. The pumpkin wasn't moving. That was a good sign, right? Wren didn’t care. It would be a good sign, and if not, her name wasn’t Wren Evanora Hayden!

Rubbing her hands on her pants, Wren turned her attention back to Beaux and Shane after a good couple minutes of silence from around them. Were they done? Were they safe? Could they finally pick pumpkins in peace? Goodness! She hoped so. Her blue eyes softly went back to their brown state again as the shield lowered, and the rosemary stems started to slip back into the ground. “So… I don’t know about you two… but I’m rather tired.” She says as she makes her way over to General Stern while still on her broom. She hands him back the gun, smiling as she did so. “Thank you for letting me borrow this… It’s a bit challenging for someone like me to use though.” She confesses with a shrug. She hoped he wouldn’t try getting her to learn. She looked up to Beaux again and then back towards where she was at. A gasp escaped her lips as she pulled out a stick from her belt and waved it a little.

A little pumpkin, that was among some rubble of poisoned pumpkins, started to float up and come towards the little witch. “Look! It’s small and cute~!” She couldn’t help but giggle at the find. She was sure that the pumpkin reaper had ripped it from its stem. Regardless of what happened, she now had a pumpkin to carry home. “Are either of you two good cooks?” She questions as she looked to her pumpkin, wondering what they could do with it. Her pumpkin was probably as big as her own head, but she didn’t think it was too big for either of them. Just enough to make probably pumpkin muffins or a pie, or whatever. The little witch licked her lips as she looked to the pumpkin and thought of all the food it could be turned into. She occasionally was looking over her shoulder, though. She had to make sure none of the creatures were going to wake up again like the mass of crow corpses had. When it seemed like they weren’t going to, Wren shakes her head and takes a deep breath. “I think this is enough of Samhain for one year for me.” Nanny mewed as she jumped onto the broom, which Wren had sat down on before she fell again. Regardless of what the two others said about the pumpkin, Wren held onto her pumpkin, kicking happily that she got a rather healthy pumpkin in the mess that was other pumpkins.

STATISTICS
    MP: 500/500
    Spells Used: list them here
    IVYLEAF33

Current date/time is 28th March 2024, 5:42 am