Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Trick or Treat, Someone's Dead Meat

Gaia
    Gaia

Get Married- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Rising Star- Legal Guild Ace- Halloween job event participant - Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Summer Special Participant- Player 
    Lineage : Vocat Cor
    Position : None
    Partner : Kyran
    Guild : Sabertooth [Ace]
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : Ruvel
    Experience : 450,578

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Dragon Tarot Magic
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Trick or Treat, Someone's Dead Meat Empty Trick or Treat, Someone's Dead Meat

Post by Gaia 27th October 2019, 11:32 am

The Tarot Mage
    It had honestly been some time since Gaia had seen her husband. She wondered where he had been, if he was okay… the normal stuff a wife would worry about. She had at least sent messages to the West Fiore Trading Company to see if there was any update about him, most of the time she got side tracked by new members who needed her help a bit more. The life of a mage. She could only worry about her husband and hope he was fine. She sent one last message to her husband's company, asking them to pass along a message to him about meeting her in Ace of Spades for the pumpkin picking that they've requested others to join in doing. Honestly, she wanted to spend some time with him and enjoy being a married couple again… It had been too long without him to her.

In the spirit of the time of year, Gaia was dressed in a rather witchy outfit. She wore a black strapless corset that pushed her ample chest up some more, a short orange ruffled skirt, a pair of black and orange striped thigh high stockings, and a pair of black Mary Jane's on her feet. On her head was a black witches hat with a little orange teddy bear head shaped pumpkin hanging on the end, and a 'scary' face on the hat. Over her shoulders was a black cape that had a soft orange inside with yellow pumpkins, stars, and bats printed on the inside. Noya was simply wearing an orange scarf on her neck so she could move around at her leisure.

The two were waiting in the Red Dragon Tavern for Kyran while others were enjoying themselves with their ale and holiday singing. Gaia simply sat at the bar, sighing as she had a wine glass filled with red wine sitting between her fingers. The glass was decorated for the season with sparkled and painted bats and pumpkins and black cats around the outside and on the base of the glass. She found it to be rather cute. Noya was sitting next to her on the bar counter, munching on treats that Will had given her while the duo waited.
    HP: 500/500
    MP: 500/500
    Notes and enemies:

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Kyran
    Kyran

Main Account- Get Married- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- A-Rank- Wanderer- Working Together- Forever Solo- Christian Minecraft Server- Teaming Up!- Unknown Powerhouse- Achiever- Obligatory Beach Episode- Shipped- Sticking Around- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Player 
    Lineage : Inner Presence
    Partner : Gaia
    Guild : Meliora Vitae
    Mentor : Sol
    Experience : 1,302,466

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Mystic Blood Beasts
    Second Skill: Flame God Slayer 2nd Gen
    Third Skill: Sky Demon Slayer 2nd Gen

Trick or Treat, Someone's Dead Meat Empty Re: Trick or Treat, Someone's Dead Meat

Post by Kyran 27th October 2019, 3:33 pm

Kyran straightened his cravat several times as he walked through the Ace of Spades. He was dressed up as a vampire in an attempt to go along with seasonal spirits. In retrospect, it was a bad idea. It felt as if the costume was strangling him. Not something he wanted to feel right before his actual strangling. Gaia was probably - no, she most definitely was - upset. He'd disappeared without a trace, without a word, without a reason. All of that idiocy was going to come piling down upon his head. To make matters worse, Masha wasn't returning his calls. The red-head had no idea what had happened to his sister while he was away. He planned to visit her soon, right after Gaia killed and revived him several times.

The redhead finally arrived at the tavern. He stood outside the door for several minutes. His hands were shaking. His mouth was dry. Once he walked in that tavern, Key had to face reality. His daughter was dead. Gaia needed to know.  A light rain began to fall on the town. Key put his face toward the sky. Let the water brush away his concerns. His demons were quiet. Eae was quiet. The world stood still for a moment. Then it was over. Key pushed the door open. Time to face it all.

It took him only a moment to spot her. His chest hurt at how cute she looked. Witch fit her. Everything fit her. His fingers combed through his hair. He checked the bag of gifts - one for Gaia, one for Noya. Not to appease them but cause he liked getting them things. He wouldn't be surprised if they threw them in his face. "Gaia" He called out softly. The redhead took uncertain steps toward the bar. He halted several times, caught between running to her and being frozen. Emotions were coiled in his chest. They closed off his throat. The need to touch his wife. The pain of the reality he now had to face. The fear that Gaia would slap him and walk away. Hell, the fear that he'd broken whatever they'd had beyond repair even if she stayed with him. It all had Kyran struggling to walk up to the bar. He still walked though. Step by halting step.

WC: 386

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Gaia
    Gaia

Get Married- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Rising Star- Legal Guild Ace- Halloween job event participant - Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Summer Special Participant- Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Trick or Treat, Someone's Dead Meat Empty Re: Trick or Treat, Someone's Dead Meat

Post by Gaia 27th October 2019, 5:37 pm

The Tarot Mage
    The tarot mage glanced over to the door as she sat at the bar. Honestly she wasn’t drinking the wine. It was just show in case Kyran did show up. She gingerly stirred her glass. Would he come? She hoped he would. He had something he needed to know. Taking a deep breath, Gaia wished she could drink the wine. But not yet. She could hold off her thirst for a while longer. As Kyran came in, she glanced to the door, and Noya perked up before she hauled ass towards the end of the bar counter. "Noya. Don't go running to strangers. It's not polite." She simply says and looks into the glass. She knew what she said when she noticed him out of the corner of her glasses. One sip couldn't hurt, right?

She brought the glass to her lips, kissing the rim of it when her name was finally called out. Of course he'd do so when she was going to drink. It was bad anyways right now. She grumbles softly to herself before she sat the glass down. She looked over as she took a deep breath. "Yes? That is I." She says with a dry smile. She watched his uncertain steps and took a deep breath, leaning against the bar with her cheek on her fist. "Do I know you, stranger?" She perked up her eyebrow, wondering what he'd say. Noya looked confused and quickly went onto Gaia's lap, as if protecting her. Or more her stomach. She rested a hand on her companions back, and takes a deep breath. Soon. Soon she could tell him.

"Oh wait! You're Kyran! Goodness! My husband has returned from a long journey! Will! Get him a drink for me please? I'm sure he needs one to tell me his tale! I'm simply dying to hear what had you gone for the past three months, my dear husband." Her voice was obviously over dramatic, and quite loud. The tone of her voice made most of the bar go hush. They knew someone was in trouble. The wife's scorn. The other males within the bar felt pity to Kyran, and wished him luck with whatever was going on.

Will, the bartender, set a couple cold drinks a seat down from Gaia, one of them was a mixed drink and was stronger than the others, in case he needed it. "What kept you from calling me or sending messages?" She asks straight up without looking at him. She looked to her glass again. There was a light pink lipstick stain on the edge from where her lips touched the glass before. Now she couldn't drink it if she wanted to. She needed to remember. She set the glass completely down and resisted the urge to ask for a water so soon. Not till she told Kyran.  
    Notes and enemies:
    @Kyran
    (475) 846/1500words
    Job Link/Job Approval

Kyran
    Kyran

Main Account- Get Married- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- A-Rank- Wanderer- Working Together- Forever Solo- Christian Minecraft Server- Teaming Up!- Unknown Powerhouse- Achiever- Obligatory Beach Episode- Shipped- Sticking Around- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Player 

Character Sheet

Post by Kyran 27th October 2019, 7:07 pm

Kyran stopped cold at Gaia telling Noya away from him. Had she forgotten him? Was everything in his life that was important going to be torn away? The dry smile and the words Gaia used tore at his heart. The redhead hung his head. Tears welled in his eyes. This was all his fault. He'd disappeared without a trace. He opened his mouth to respond. His tongue tangled around the emotions in his throat. What could he even say? Gaia was better off without him anyway. He'd only messed up her life since the day he'd stepped into it. Kyran took a deep breath. He was ready to let go. A tear slipped down his cheek as the redhead looked up.

Then came the scathing rebuke that was hidden behind an overdramatic facade. Kyran flinched, more tears falling. He waited for his wife to be done. It seemed like the right thing to do. However, the blood mage struggled not to outright bawl. This was well deserved. However, to see Gaia after so long and have her be angry... it hurt. He needed her right now. More than he'd allowed himself to realize in the mountains. His fists balled and Kyran placed them behind his back.

The tirade seemed to end abruptly. She refused to look at him. Kyran waited a few moments to see if more would be tacked onto the end. When it didn't come, the redhead slid cautiously into the seat next to Gaia. "Honestly? My head wasn't in the right place and I didn't have service... You know I was going after Gruen. Well... it didn't go well. He got away. A strange lacrima wormed its way into my chest.... my daughter died... in my arms..." The blood mage finally lost it. His hands covered his face. His shoulders shook with the force of his grief. "I didn't w-w-want t-t-t-to f-f-face it. I w-w-wasn't g-g-good enough t-t-to save h-her."

WC: 324
    TWC: 710

Gaia
    Gaia

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Gaia 27th October 2019, 8:39 pm

The Tarot Mage
    Gaia noticed he started to cry, and she bit her tongue a bit. She needed to calm down. Her hormones were already getting the best of her. She glanced over to him as he sat down next to her, listening to his words. “I didn’t know you were then… you just poofed.” She mumbled as she put her cheek on her fist while leaning against the table again. She looked to her husband and raised an eyebrow. Then came the waterworks as he confessed that his daughter died in his arms. She bit her cheek and turned herself towards the bartender. “Give me some apple or grape juice. Non alcoholic juice.” She clarifies before she turns to be directly looking at Kyran, placing her hand on his back. “You know that I’m here if you want to talk or grieve about her passing… I’m also sorry for acting like a bitch...”

She didn’t know what else to tell him. Not right now. She felt terrible for how she acted now… She then pulled him into a hug and put her head on his shoulder. “You’re terrible.” She grumbles as she reached behind her to her tarot pouch. She pulls out a stick and moves it in front of her to shove in one of his hands. “You have a new mission. Get good enough to protect us. For us.” She tells him. She was waiting for him to look at the little ‘gift’ she presented him. She puffed her cheeks as she looked to the wine she really couldn’t have, and put her hands on her hips with her body facing towards Kyran still. She had given him a pregnancy stick. A positive one. And if he were to look at her, her corset wasn’t too tight around her stomach, and it was pudgy.

“You have any idea how hard it is to keep my emotions in check right now?” She then groans after a juice was presented to her, and she goes to sip it, putting her undrank wine glass in front of his other alcohols so he could drink it for her. She wanted to grumble about things. “Already can’t even eat meats, and smell some of them. It’s gotten bad.” She pouts. She then pointed to him. “And yes, one hundred percent. It is yours. No bullshitting. Already went to the doctors. Three months as of a couple weeks ago. And too soon to tell it’s gender.” She held up three fingers as she set the drink down. She wanted to answer those quickly before he even thought of asking if she was serious and if she was sure. Now for the other kind of waterworks maybe. She did hope this distracted him from the misfortune of his daughter's passing. She wouldn’t try to block it out though.
    Notes and enemies:

Kyran
    Kyran

Character Sheet

Post by Kyran 28th October 2019, 4:39 pm

The hug helped. It held the loneliness at bay for the moment. Kyran wrapped his arms around Gaia. His face was buried in her shoulder. The blood mage tried not to soak the fabric of her costume with his tears but he wasn't sure he was successful. Gaia shoved a strange object into his hands. He frowned raising up slightly. His wife moved away at that moment. His mind struggled to comprehend her words. His eyes drifted toward her 'gift'. A pregnancy stick. Glowing positive. He quickly looked her over. It made sense. Unless it was a mean 'trick'. That was a thing this time of year, wasn't it?

No, that wasn't something she would do. Not now when he was opening his heart to her. Kyran did frown when she started rattling off various statements. "I'd have a harder time believing it wasn't mine" He managed to tease, wiping away his tears. The waterworks were over. For now anyway. His grief was better expressed in private. Remembering that Gaia had pouted about keeping her emotions in check, Kyran grinned mischievously. His hand moved to cover her stomach. "I didn't think it was possible." He murmured. His thumb gently caressed the fabric. Kyran glanced at Gaia. His grin widened before he started tickling his wife. Whatever her reaction, Kyran found mirth in it, laughing uproariously.

Once that was finished, the blood mage picked up Gaia to spin her around. "This is fantastic news!" He kissed her cheek. "I'm sorry I wasn't home earlier. All rational thought kind of fled my mind once I was holding her body. Once I buried her, I wanted to forget it all. That won't happen again." His arms tightened around her. "I recently got a good lesson on how weak I am from an acquaintance." Kyran kissed the tip of her nose. There was a wide smile on his face. "Also did you forget how much of a lightweight I am?" He nodded toward the collection of alcohol. "That there will put me on my back...and I'd much rather be putting you on your back. After a massage, a hot bath and giving you a new book." Kyran kissed her cheek once more. Then Gaia was set back in her seat.

The 'vampire' moved to rummage about in his bag. A white paper bag emerged, one that was probably familiar to Gaia's pet. Kyran placed it on the seat to his left, far from Gaia. "Noya. I brought you a present, princess. Since Mommy isn't feeling great around meat, how about you come over here to get it?" He patted the wood of the chair. Whether she jumped for it or not, Kyran turned to Gaia. "I brought my queen a present as well." He produced a book. The cover held a scenic view of a mountain. The words Adventures of the Demon Prince lay in red cursive across the top. Across the bottom, the author's name stood out in a similar fashion. "Another of Anonymous' works. A fantasy one this time. There's a little romance in it but it mainly focus' on the adventure. At least from what I've read. This isn't even in print yet. You wouldn't believe how much I had to twist Anonymous' arm to get it for me." He kissed her forehead. "I hope you like it."

WC: 559
    TWC: 1269

Gaia
    Gaia

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Gaia 31st October 2019, 10:26 pm

The Tarot Mage
    The tarot mage held her husband to her as long as he needed to, even after she gave him the stick. She didn’t care if he got his tears on her cape, it was easily able to be washed. She waited for him to process what she gave him, and tried to keep a straight face before she started ‘ranting’ to him. She didn’t stop him from touching her stomach when he reached out for it. She felt bad for distracting him when he was upset about his first daughter, but she also honestly couldn’t hold back from telling him either. A bit of a grin was on the bespeckled mage’s face. “Yeah… I wasn’t sure if it was too… but here we are. Also, I’m sorry for acting kinda… bitchy…” She says as she glances away from him. She honestly wasn’t expecting him to tickle her, making her gasp as she blushed deeply and allowed herself to be picked up, trying to be squirmy though.

Their obvious change in attitudes had the rest of the tavern confused as they didn’t know if* someone was in trouble or not anymore. Some saw the pregnancy stick though and quickly figured it out, spreading the word around for the rest of the bar to be back to their calm again. When she was sat down in her seat again, Gaia smiled sadly to him. “I’m sorry I also wasn’t  there to help you through your daughters death sooner though… Though, I don’t know how much help I’ll be right now.” A blush was on her cheeks as she was trying to ignore his comments about him putting her on her back with a book. She honestly wouldn’t mind that, but she wanted to be active right now. She grabbed the wine and handed it to him. “At least drink this for me. One glass, it’s pretty weak wine. I could have drank a little bit of it, but… People would be mad.” She pouts. She loved her wine. She usually tried to score the finest for the tavern, more for herself, but for others to have as well.

Gaia watched as Kyran offered Noya her treats, in which the ferret eagerly jumped over to him and wanted it badly, already gobbling it the moment the box was opened for her to eat them. She blinked as she was called ‘queen’ by Kyran, but smiled softly to him. Of course there was a present for her. She would have thought he was sick if he didn’t get her one at this point. She blinks at the book and holds it delicately in her hands. A smirk came across her lips as she read the author’s name, then glanced towards her husband. “I hope Anon was compensated for this.” She giggles as she hugged the book to her chest. “I love it, but,” She pulls a paper that was on the bar closer to them. “We have to drop the book off at the house so we can go pumpkin picking. Found this flyer and thought, we should go.” She muses to him happily. “The patch is not too far from the house too! So easy walking distance!.” She claps her hands as she was honestly excited for this. Kyran wasn’t going to be able to reject her too. She was physically able to do all she did before. She just needed to keep her emotions in check.**
    Notes and enemies:
    @Kyran
    574 Total
    (183) 1500/1500 words *
    391 extra **
    Pumpkin Picking Gone Wrong/Page 1, Post n°13

Kyran
    Kyran

Character Sheet

Post by Kyran 2nd November 2019, 7:58 pm

Kyran waved aside his wife's comment. Her 'attitude' was nothing much. A little taste of Gruen's temper, Acasia's flip moods or Cecilia's cold shoulders would have changed her mind quick. They'd given him a tough skin. It would take more than a deserved outburst for him to qualify her attitude as 'bitchy'. However, her small smile and regret nearly broke apart his composure again. He struggled to swallow the lump in his throat. This was not where he wanted to have this conversation. Those feelings could be shelved for now. That was best for all of them.

Gaia's insistence that he drink the wine tugged a small laugh from Kyran. "If only Yona were here to see this... She's always trying to get me to drink. All it took for you was a cute face and a pouty lip." The redhead gently picked up the glass. Raising it into the air, he called out to the patrons. "To my wife! The most understanding, brilliant, beautiful woman in the world!" A roar went through the tavern. Glasses were raised. Kyran waited only a moment before downing the glass. He grimaced as it burned on the way down. "I'm guessing that's not how you're supposed to drink wine?" He coughed setting down the glass. A bark of laughter came from the bartender. Kyran gestured to the other drinks. "Distribute those among the patrons please then a round of drinks on me." He dug out the jewels needed and placed them on the counter.

A true smile graced Kyran's lips with Gaia's comments on the book. "I'll see to it Anon is compensated properly later. This was a favor on short notice." He looked over the paper she'd dragged over. This little minx! She knew he couldn't refuse this activity. It was close by, they could stop by the house to drop off the gifts and there was no issue with her doing it at this point. It didn't matter that he hadn't been home in months. Kyran smiled wryly. "Picking pumpkins could be fun." His fingers ran through Noya's fur. He'd absentmindedly made his way over to the ferret. "Shall we go now?"

Once they were on their way, Kyran wrapped an arm around Gaia's waist. The rain seemed to have stopped. At least for the time being. The redhead looked down at his wife. "How do you feel about it? Being pregnant I mean? Must have been a shock..." He'd missed it too. The expression on her face looking at the stick for the first time. The apprehension of wondering why her period had been missed. The conception... no wait, he'd been around for that part. A caw ripped through the silence of the night. Kyran looked around in confusion. The street was suspiciously empty. Fog rolled over parts of the street. Something wasn't right. That's what his gut said. He could have been away for too long. The mountains had become like a home.

Kyran could see their house nearby. As the door loomed before them, the hair on his neck stood up. He reached out with his sensory. Nothing. Wait. Above them. He took a step away from Gaia. Magic snapped into place around Kyran's arms. Rapid wind circled his biceps, rippling his clothing. A red blob soon appeared beside him. The enemy didn't attack though. Kyran squinted up at the sky. "Crows?" He asked softly in wonder. Crows had set off his sensory? His expression hardened. The demons in the mountains had used animals to convey spells. This could be nothing or it could be an attack. Kyran raised his hand. The Morph nestled in his palm. Without warning, the Morph broke into several energy beams. Each struck a crow. The beasts fell from the sky. Once Kyran was sure they were safe, he bent down to examine the corpses. The blood mage had forgotten about his wife in the excitement.

WC: 653
    TWC: 1922

Gaia
    Gaia

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Gaia 5th November 2019, 9:04 am

The Tarot Mage
    The tarot mage smirked as Kyran took the glass from her and muses. She batted her eyes up to him. “Well, I got a few things on Yona honestly. One, I’m your wife, two, I’m pregnant, and three, it’ll make me happy.” She leans against him before he called out to the rest of the tavern. When he was going to drink it, her eyes went wide at how he downed the drink. That was where she face palmed herself. “Kyran… you sip wine… unless you want to get drunk…” She groans to him. While she was groaning though, she was holding a smile and a laugh back from him.

When she had shown him the flyer to the pumpkin patch, Gaia smirks to him and puts a finger to her cheek. “Good. Send my gratitude to him too. I look forward to reading his book. And I was hoping you’d say so! But first, Will? Can I have a water to go, for Kyran?” She jabbed her thumb towards her husband and smirks some. Will had laughed as he grabbed a cup and stuck it on the counter for Gaia to grab. Noya was nuzzling up against Kyran when he had gone over to her, chirping at her masters significant other a bit.

When the couple left the bar, Gaia ended up starting to drink most of the water. She was sipping it while they walked and glanced to Kyran as he asked her how she felt about being pregnant. She took a deep breath as she brought the cup away from her lips. How should she explain it? “Honestly. I’m scared. With our jobs. It can get… intense, at times.” She says as Noya had wrapped herself around Kyran’s neck. “Of course I was shocked that I got pregnant though… Who wouldn’t be? Especially since we were sure…” Her voice trailed as she heard the caw and the fog came around. They were near the pumpkin patch. As he stepped away from her, Gaia just rolled her eyes and sighed. “I’ll go set this in the house, then be right back.” She muses to him as he seemed to start going off away from her more. She saw him starting to use some magic a bit and jogged to her house, especially since her staff was there. Yeah, she could summon it through her bag, but this could be convenient that she left it near the front door often.

She came back just as Kyran attacked the crows, and puffs her cheeks some. After he shot down the crows, she walked up to him with her staff, and tapped his shoulder. “Ey, forget about your wife already, did you?” She asks while her cheeks stayed puffed and she put a hand on her hip. “Next time, warn me, okay? Or Harmony may pop herself out of her card to yell at us again for not working together.” She warns as she glares down to him. She looks over at the crows though, and blinks.

They were starting to shake a bit and fuse themselves together. Gaia gasped as she took a step back, holding up her staff and glaring to the creature. This most definitely was not how she wanted to have this date to go with Kyran. “Next time I’ll just convince you to go on a job with me and call it a date.” She growls as she as getting rather annoyed that their actual dates were turning into jobs. Maybe an actual job would prove less stressful for her. Would the two ever get a proper date? She doubted it.

The bird mutant thing was giving off a cold chill as it looked like it was a brute of a mutant, and had long claws at the end of its fingers. He opened, Gaia supposed its mouth and let out some echoing, ghastly screams. She shook for a moment. This was like Spooky Forest with Masha all that time ago. She opened her hand and glares some. She had magic now, officially, nothing was stopping her. “The Tower.” Her voice was rather monotone as she glared at the beast, keeping her staff in front of her to protect herself, or at least her stomach. A card was in her hand suddenly, and it shimmered before a grey male dragon was before them. He just glanced towards Gaia and then towards the mutant bird before her. “Tower, that is your target.” She simply says, tilting her chin forward to let him get after it. “Kyran, do me a favor and keep it back please. And when I tell you, jump out of the way, please?” Tower had started to stand up straighter, showing how tall he really was, nearly eight feet tall, and was starting to suck in air. Gaia knew he’d collect enough air to be able to blast his spell at the mutant thing, provided that Kyran would move out of the way when she told him to. Tower was new to her. She never seen him in action, only told what he could do. So this would be a new experience.
    Notes and enemies:
    @Kyran
    (858) 1249 words
    Job Link/Job Approval

Kyran
    Kyran

Character Sheet

Post by Kyran 8th November 2019, 3:55 pm

Kyran chuckled softly at Gaia's exclamation. He'd made it clear he didn't drink. Had they ever talked about his incident before 'leaving' WFTC? Wine always vanished when Kyran drank. Usually faster than it should. When he finally got the water, Kyran saluted Gaia with the glass. "I told you I don't drink. Alcohol and I have a complicated relationship." Namely, it was a catalyst to crazy times and stranger things. Kyran didn't stop pampering Noya. The final bit of water was even offered to the ferret. The redhead had missed the ferret. They had started off rather rockily but his constant attempts to woo Gaia had always included Noya. He had known they were tight and hadn't wanted to step between them.

His nostalgia vanished as they exited the tavern. He listened to her concerns regarding the pregnancy. "Perhaps there are less dangerous jobs for you to take? At least for the time being. Our jobs don't have to be dangerous. There are plenty of low-level mages that survive from day to day." Memories floated towards the surface of his mind. Raucous laughter filled his head. Kyran couldn't help smiling. Despite their annoying timing, his demons had been silent for a long time. It was good to hear them again. "Plus you have your summons. They can help you out if you are on a more dangerous job... Or, well, you could take me. I got a promotion recently. Vice President of the West Fiore Trading Company. I've got a little more leeway now. I could send a squad with you when I can't come with you on missions. We can do this." He gently kissed her cheek. "There is no need to be afraid."

The redhead looked up when Gaia tapped him on the shoulder. Cheeks flushed red. This was one of the issues they'd had on a previous job/date. "I'm sorry. I didn't feel I had time. While I was in the mountains, creatures tainted with magic would attack randomly. I didn't want to risk you or the baby." Kyran pushed to his feet. The magic was different than he was used to. Not demonic black magic. Something else had tainted the creatures. Something he'd never seen before. "I promise I won't fire off spells without a plan this time." Gaia's reaction to the crows had Kyran turning around. That was new.

The blood mage prepared a couple of spells. A small chuckled escaped his lips. Gaia wasn't wrong. Their dates did always seem to turn into jobs. Maybe an actual job would turn into a date. "I wouldn't mind that. We'd get paid and we'd be spending time together" He teased, winking at her over his shoulder. As the monstrosity finished forming, Gaia summoned a new dragon. Kyran hadn't ever seen this one before. Gaia seemed determined to take charge as well. That didn't sit well with him but only because he hated taking orders.

"I'll leave the planning to you, my love." He called out. Gaia could be trusted. She wouldn't throw him away like a pawn. Years of habits screamed at him as Kyran stepped forward to face the monstrosity. His prepared spells sprang into place. White and red vines wrapped around his hands, forming into gauntlets. Eight black crystals came into existence around his head. They floated like a crown, moving with Kyran's head. A flat circle appeared on Kyran's shoulder. The edges of the circle glowed purple and inside the circle was the picture of an angelic wing crumbling into purple dust. Green wind gathered around his ankles. Twin wolves made of lighting dropped from a ball of swirling blood. It was all probably more than was required by this foe. However, Kyran wanted to be prepared. There was more to this creature than they thought. Perhaps there were allies sitting nearby.

The blood mage circled around the creature. It angled itself to face both enemies. Kyran grinned, snapping his fingers. Vines burst from the ground wrapping around the creature. Not quite finished, Kyran launched eight purple motes toward his enemy. It howled in that ghastly scream, unable to avoid the attack. Each mote exploded as it came into contact with the creature. That should be enough. Gaia's attack should finish it off. In his haste to execute Gaia's orders, Kyran was standing behind the creature. He couldn't see Gaia's summons or any incoming attacks from that direction.

WC: 735
    TWC: 2657

Gaia
    Gaia

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Gaia 12th November 2019, 2:34 pm

The Tarot Mage
    Noya was obviously enjoying all the attention, even cuddling up to Kyran as he gave her the attention. When he offered the water, she seemed to take a little bit of it before she jumped back to Gaia. When they left the tavern and Kyran proposed Gaia taking ‘Less dangerous jobs’ she sighed. “Sweetheart… I’m meaning being a mage in general. I do plan to keep low on the jobs regardless, but things can always go wrong.” She puffed her cheeks out as she had a hand on her hip. Then he mentioned her summons. A snort came from her as she looked to the pouch on her hip. “Yeah.. they’ll protect me, and yell at me for even working even though I have practically nothing to do.” She rolls her eyes, but patted the bag regardless. Despite some of them having attitudes with her, they still worried and cared about her. A smile was on her lips as he kissed her cheek though. “And I don’t need other people protecting me. Only those with the guild symbol can get into Sabertooths guild hall… which your ‘squad’ would not be able to do. Sweetie, I’m pregnant, not a flower. And like you said, I have my cards. They’ll protect me if you’re not around.”

As Kyran explained that he was still getting accustomed to civilized life again kind of, she gave him a nod, and then another as he promised her to not fire off spells without a plan. “At least try to keep a level head when casting your spells.” She says as she looked to the crows becoming one. A snort came from her as he teased about her job-slash-date idea, and added onto it. She had rolled her eyes and let her summon charge up his spell. She watched Kyran as he seemed to summon gauntlets onto his arms and a floating crystal crown on his head while she prepares herself for Towers release of his magic. She honestly had no clue on how powerful this was going to be, so she could only hope. As she waited, she noticed Tower slowing down in his inhaling. She quickly looked towards the crow thing and shouts; “Get out of the way, Kyran!” Just as she said that, Tower released a beam of energy that blasted right into the creature, nearly vaporizing it it seemed since Kyran had also attacked it before him. The power of the blast had actually shot wind about, enough to shove Gaia back some and stumble a bit. She didn’t fall or anything though.

A frown was on her lips as she looks to where the lord crow thing was just before Tower blasted it to nothingness, then over to Kyran to see if he was okay. As she had looked for Kyran, a scarecrow in the patch to her left had started to slowly moving. Tower had looked over to it at first, thinking he saw something, but looked away when he didn’t see anything moving, thinking he was seeing things. The scarecrow moved again and started pulling itself off of the stake it was on. The stake it was on had a scythe at the end of it, and it instantly grabbed it as it started to go over to the couple, planning to come up behind Gaia. Tower had turned around again a moment later and seemed to start inhaling air once again. The tarot reader didn’t notice anything at first, but seeing how Tower was reacting, she turned around to see this scarecrow. Her eyes grew wide before she held up her own staff.

It was laughing maniacally, and it was rather unsettling for the short haired tarot reader. Was it her emotions getting out of hand already? She honestly wasn’t sure if this thing just scared her, or if her hormones were heightening her fear. She couldn’t think of that. “Example A. What was supposed to be a calming pumpkin picking, has turned into a disaster of a wreck by some scarecrow wanting to terrorize us.” She sighs rather deeply, hanging her head for a moment before she holds up her staff and ten basketball sized lotus made of fire appeared around her. Pointing the bladed staff towards the scarecrow, all of the fire lotuses seemed to go right after their target, starting to set it on fire a little bit. It started coming at her faster now, and swinging around it’s scythe rather wildly. There was no thought to how it swung it, it seemed. She gasped as she quickly tried to scurry away from it. Flaming scarecrow wasn’t good for her, especially since she was actually starting to cough from the smoke from it. Bad choice. No more fire for now. It affected her too much for the time being.
    Notes and enemies:
    @Kyran
    (803) 2052 words
    Job Link/Job Approval

Kyran
    Kyran

Character Sheet

Post by Kyran 13th November 2019, 10:15 am

Kyran smiled slightly at Gaia's light scolding. "I know you aren't a flower. You've made that very clear to me several times. That doesn't mean I can't treat you like one. I was merely trying to point out that there are many ways for you to keep working." He curled an arm around her waist. His hand rested protectively on her stomach. "Yes what we do is dangerous. Who we are is dangerous. And that's not even factoring in our family issues. As long as we work together, we can do this."

Gaia's shout barely reached Kyran. He dove out of the way as fire lit up where he'd been previously. A roll brought the redhead into a crouch. That had been too close. As the smoke cleared, Kyran made out his wife fighting with a scarecrow? Wind encircled his arms. No one messed with his wife. He sprinted forward, already working his magic. A lance made of wind formed in his hands. Eight purple motes spiraled around its length. Kyran launched his combo spell at the scarecrow. Focused on Gaia, the scarecrow couldn't prevent the attack. The lance pierced its chest, breaking into wind streams that entered its body. The motes exploded upon contact with the scarecrow.

Now within range, Kyran interposed himself between the scythe and Gaia. His arm came up. His gauntlet kept the blade from slicing his arm off. A grin slowly spread over Kyran's face. The whirling lightning balls at his back struck the scarecrow. It screamed. The creepy thing wasn't looking too good. It was burnt nearly to a crisp. Wind occasionally burst from its form. Time to finish this threat. The balls of lightning became a whirling column of fangs, air, and electricity. It tore into the scarecrow, ripping the thing apart. The blood mage didn't let himself relax. They'd been attacked one thing after another. This probably wasn't the last thing they would face.

His hunch was proven right. The air around them quickly filled with fog. A low cold chuckle echoed throughout the area. Kyran didn't have any time to react before a ball of shadow struck him in the chest. The redhead flew backward. He coughed blood after hitting the ground. "What the hell was that?" He rasped, struggling to push himself up. His ability to ignore pain was coming in handy. A figure emerged from the darkness. Kyran's eyes narrowed. It appeared to be a pumpkin atop floating black rags, holding a lantern. This date couldn't get any weirder.

The redhead looked down at his chest. He wasn't in good shape. His chest had been reduced to red meat, his shirt tattered beyond repair. His mana was half to three quarters gone. Kyran grimaced. He'd do what he could and leave Gaia to finish it off. First, his crown. The pointed black crystals fired toward the Pumpkin King. They hit disappearing without making a mark. The creature screamed. Next, Kyran snapped his fingers, wrapping the creature in red-white vines. That would keep it from dodging any of Gaia's attacks. Lastly, a wave of his hand covered Gaia in protective winds. It wasn't much but for now, it was all he could do. "Go get him, Gaia! Finish the bastard off!" The blood mage managed to cry out. A pool of blood was gradually growing larger beneath him.

WC: 559
    TWC: 3216

Gaia
    Gaia

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Gaia 14th November 2019, 10:00 pm

The Tarot Mage
    A smile was on the little tarot readers face as she nods up to her husband. Of course they can do this. No way would she let it not work in their favor. As to her family issues, she hoped she no longer had anymore. Unless Kyran was meaning them right then with their family of three to be. When they were fighting the bird thing, Gaia was glad Kyran had heard her call to him. She would have felt absolutely terrible if he hadn’t. She honestly wasn’t expecting Kyran to suddenly sprint past her towards the scarecrow, mainly because she was coughing from the smoke being too close to her still. She watched as her husbands lance was in the scarecrows chest and things exploded with the creature. That seemed delightful.

Gaia snickered to him as he was in between them and took half a step forward, but thought better of it. A slightly burning scarecrow wouldn’t be too fun for her current state. Though, when Kyran finally finished it off, she made her way next to him and pushed her weight on his shoulder to kiss his cheek. “My hero.” She teased before the fog rolled out. She sighed a bit. Honestly, she was tired already. She took a couple steps back and held up her staff to block her front, or at least her stomach. Then Kyran got hit by a ball of shadows?

The reaper pumpkin head thing showed up after he had been hit by, what she assumed, one of his spells. Tower was actually still charging up his spell. He didn’t release it due to Kyran being in the way before. She looked up towards the dragon. He may have to throw that one in the air… She looked towards Kyran as she notice him hit it then trap it. What was he doing? She was utterly confused. She smirked as she rolled her eyes. At least he was helping keep herself and the baby safe. She glanced towards tower with her smirk, and just pointed towards the pumpkin king. Her lotus was still flying nearby too, but not too close. She pointed her staff towards the pumpkin guy thing, and both tower and the lotus smashed into the creature. Gaia stumbled a bit from the force of Towers spell, but she kept steady. Raising her other hand, the tarot mage called out another card; “Harmony.”

She glanced over towards her husband just as a content looking white and purple female dragon with her eyes closed and arms stretched out to either side of her with an extra-long tail trailing behind her came out of the card that zipped out of Gaia’s pouch. The dragon opened her eyes and immediately looked towards Gaia. “Kyran needs healing.” She tells the dragon as she patiently watched for a body to appear through the smoke. Then it came. It wasn’t dead yet, and it wanted to attack more now. Tower poofed as his time was up. She grits her teeth and holds her hand up again. “Earth King Dilong!” The card that floated up and shimmered out a two-toned, brown/green, male dragon holding a disk with a five-pointed star in his claws that matched the image in the card. “My lady, it’s been a while.” He tells her as he sees the pumpkin going after her. “I suppose that’s my target.” He mutters before he broke his disk in half and crushed the crumbs into the earth before they came out as geodes and stabbed the pumpkin in multiple places.

The crystal spikes stabbed the pumpkin head and seemed to dislodge it from the body.

Seeing that sight, Gaia’s shoulders slumped, her staff slowly lowering finally as King Dilong and Harmony were in the area around her. Tears were starting to well up in her eyes? Why were there tears?! Gaia’s seen this a good few times! She was utterly lost as to why she was crying over the ‘death’ of an enemy that seemed to want to maul her. She looks over to Kyran, seeing if he knew why she was suddenly crying. Or if he’d come give her a hug regardless. She needed something herself now. Her emotions were getting out of hand for her to deal with.
    MP: 425/500
    Notes and enemies:
    @Kyran
    (713) 2765 words <-- my excess total
    1716 <-- Kyran's excess total
    4481 Total combined
    C Rank Neutral Freeform, D Rank Neutral Freeform/Page 16, Post n°378

Current date/time is 19th April 2024, 4:32 am