• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

A Test of Might! [Kyran vs. Aven!]

Aven Alveron
    Aven Alveron

1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Dark Matter Ascendant
    Position : None
    Guild : Fairy Tail
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 621,617

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Circle Magic.
    Second Magic: Radiance.
    Third Magic: Dark Matter Ascendancy.

A Test of Might! [Kyran vs. Aven!] Empty A Test of Might! [Kyran vs. Aven!]

Post by Aven Alveron on 9th October 2019, 3:31 pm

The wind sailed high over the foothills of Tolgalen, carrying hushed whispers and promises. A soft wave of leaves, freshly freed from their duties, skittered past a young man in a pearly white suit, taking a moment to chatter around him as he sat, legs crossed among the grass. His eyes opened, daring a glance at the clouds, and plucking one of the leaves from he dervish around him. Someone's coming? Odd, he'd chosen Tolgalen for it's vast, unexplored and uninhabited expanse, a place where he could concentrate on overcoming his doubts and fears. He'd been in seclusion for almost three months, at this point, and had been untroubled by everything but mother nature and her fold. Aven closed his eyes once more, allowing the leaf to float away with it's flock, now bearing the magical signatures of two wizards.

Thoughts streamed past his consciousness, as he broadened his senses to search for the newcomer. The magic energy he'd sensed on the leaf was faint, likely once from proximity, but the direction of the wind suggested it's source was toward the mountain; furthermore, it had hints of Angelic energy within its makeup. Regardless of friend or foe, however, with the sheer amount of time he'd spent on that hilltop, Aven's magical energy was abound, soaked into the very soil of the nature surrounding him. The newcomer would certainly notice his presence, it was only a matter of whether they would take interest, for better or worse. With his magic sensory outstretched, he waited to feel the familiar twinge of another wizard's presence, as a golden light reached out from his form, searching his surroundings for any hint of murderous intent.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Word Count: 281.]
    [Word Count Total: 281.]

HP: 200.
    MP: 3417/3417.

Spells Used:

Name: Blessing of the Light.
    Type: Single Target, Buff.
    Damage: None.
    Range: Self.
    Speed: Instant.
    Duration: 9 Posts.
    Description: Aven becomes imbued with the Light of Will, and Gains a 100% Spell Durability Buff. In addition, while he is imbued with this light, he is acutely aware of potential danger to him or his allies, and can react (but not move) slightly faster in casting magic to defend them.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

A Test of Might! [Kyran vs. Aven!] Aven_Sig

Golden Lacrima (https://www.fairytail-rp.com/t14655p200-the-general-store#336395) until July, 12th, 2019 (Darn you, Markus, I'll get you back for this!)
    Kyran
    Kyran

Main Account- Get Married- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- A-Rank- Wanderer- Working Together- Forever Solo- Christian Minecraft Server- Teaming Up!- Unknown Powerhouse- Achiever- Obligatory Beach Episode- Shipped- Sticking Around- Character Application Approved!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Player 
    Lineage : Demon’s Blood
    Partner : Gaia
    Guild : Onyx Moon
    Mentor : Sol
    Experience : 19,375

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Mystic Blood Beasts
    Second Magic: Salvator Alitis
    Third Magic: Sky Demon Slayer (2nd Gen)

A Test of Might! [Kyran vs. Aven!] Empty Re: A Test of Might! [Kyran vs. Aven!]

Post by Kyran on 10th October 2019, 2:41 pm

Kyran flew through the air. Wind swirled beneath Kyran's feet, propelling the mage through the air. The new demon slayer had been secluded within the mountains of Tolgalen for a few months. All without contact with his wife. Gaia was one of many thoughts on his mind. Among the others, his daughter was on his mind. His dead daughter. The one he'd failed to save. The reason he'd disappeared into the mountains was due to that. Kyran had launched a seven pronged attack using Onyx Moon resources. Seven teams swooped down upon the facilities of the kidnapper - who just happened to be Kyran's brother. All seven black sites had been destroyed. Gruen, Kyran's brother, had critically injured Kyran's daughter to escape. His brother's cruel smile was forever burned into his memory. The bastard was still loose somewhere.

Having failed to save someone dear to him, Kyran had spiraled out of control. The corrupted slayer lacrima hadn't helped. The lacrima, Kyran's depression, and his demons had sent the mage into an uncontrollable rage. He'd slaughtered any demon in his way. A few escaped him. The new demon slayer had chased them into the mountains. The last few months had been spent wiping out any demon village he could find. No demon he'd spotted had escaped him.

The redhead looked at his hands. For a moment, it appeared to be covered in blood. "I... I killed them. I killed them all. They're dead. Every single one of them. Not just the men but the women and the children too. What have I done?" His actions hadn't hit him until then. His rage had consumed him. All he'd desired was to hurt those around him. The spell holding him aloft faltered briefly. Now Ruvel expected him to lead the people of the West Fiore Trading Company and, by extension, Onyx Moon? Was that even possible for him? Kyran's mind began to race. All at once, his spell failed.

Kyran plummeted through the air. Casting the spell again, the redhead barely caught himself above the ground. That would have hurt even with his quirk. A mage stood nearby. A powerful one, now that Kyran was focusing on him. Perhaps he was what had drawn the slayer in this direction. He'd been flying aimlessly. The power pouring off this mage, saturated into the very nature of the hill definately would have drawn him hence. Lowering himself to the ground, Kyran straightened his clothing. A quick inventory. Duster, vest, white shirt, black pants, and boots. All accounted for. Kyran stepped toward the stranger. His hand was out in greeting. "Hello! My name... uh, I am... Call me Kyran" He rubbed the back of his head with his free hand. "What might you be doing in these parts?"

WC: 463
    TWC: 463

HP: 775
    MP: 500

Spells Used:

Velocity - 2nd Gen DS signature

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Kyran - Mystic Blood Beasts - Salvator Alitis - Sky Demon Slayer - Bank

XP Doubler: Page 32, Post n°786, VIP shop
    Jobs in Progress: 2/6

A Test of Might! [Kyran vs. Aven!] AHfJiSC
    Aven Alveron
    Aven Alveron

Character Sheet

Post by Aven Alveron on 11th October 2019, 1:03 pm

A young man... He looks my age. The approaching wizard was, indeed, imbued with some Angelic magic, but now that he was closer, it was far overshadowed by it's counterpart. Demonic magic roiled off of him like steam; though, whether gained by proximity, produced by his own power, or a mixture of both, was a mystery to Aven. He was dressed casually, and his approach appeared nonthreatening on the surface, but Aven sensed a lingering bloodlust about him: even the faint smell of blood, itself, wafted from his clothing, accenting the young man's crimson hair.

The newcomer approached, introducing himself as 'Kyran', fumbling over his words in a disarming fashion. Aven hadn't heard the name before, but the aura Kyran gave off hinted at a competency in magic. With a small exhale, Aven raised a finger, and a barrier of golden light blinked into existence and extended out into a circle around him, halting Kyran's advance ten feet from him. Even though Aven didn't sense any murderous intent directed towards himself, there was certainly a murderous aura around the young man, and it was enough to give him pause. "I'd ask you the same, Kyran: what convinced you to approach me, today?" He didn't rise, but he did allow the barrier to dissipate; it'd been a signal to Kyran, a warning that his guard was up. Aven made solid eye contact before continuing, his usual smile distant and faint."I am Aven Alveron, of Fairy Tail. I hope our chance crossing is one of fortune, don't you? Myself, I've been reflecting on my failures for the past few months, growing my connection to magic through meditation in these wild hills." He paused, seeming to look past Kyran's eyes, into something deeper. He saw, behind a veil of anger, the aching pain of regret. "Have you, too, found yourself lacking?"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spells Used:

Name: Circle of Protection.
    Type: Burst, defensive.
    Damage: 3x S-rank Shield.
    Range: Up to 100 meters.
    Speed: 100 m/s.
    Duration: 10 posts.
    Description: Aven summons a bubble of light, which expands rapidly outward, up to 100 meters in radius, shielding from any incoming spells for 3x S-rank Damage. Objects and Magic can exit the barrier without consequence, but once it has stopped expanding, it will prevent entry to offensive magic and objects/creatures until it is broken or expires.

Golden Lacrima (https://www.fairytail-rp.com/t14655p200-the-general-store#336395) until July, 12th, 2019 (Darn you, Markus, I'll get you back for this!)
    Kyran
    Kyran

Main Account- Get Married- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- A-Rank- Wanderer- Working Together- Forever Solo- Christian Minecraft Server- Teaming Up!- Unknown Powerhouse- Achiever- Obligatory Beach Episode- Shipped- Sticking Around- Character Application Approved!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Player 

Character Sheet

Post by Kyran on 11th October 2019, 1:46 pm

The barrier was a surprise. Kyran flattened his hand against it. A pulse of magic moved steadily beneath his palm. This mage was powerful. There was little doubt about that. It reminded Kyran of his first serious fight against another mage. Sol had put him in a battle test for his entrance into WFTC. At the time, the difference in their strength had been a chasm. If Sol had been serious, Kyran wouldn't have lasted ten seconds. There was a similar chasm between himself and this mage. An old feeling stirred in his stomach. The need to challenge himself. The desire to feel the thrill of battle as he aimed to overcome an impassable obstacle. It had been a long time since he'd felt that.

The barrier vanished. Kyran could see the guarded stance of the other mage. Curious. He wondered what had set off that need. There was no blood on him. He'd not attacked the man either. Best to ignore it for now. He let his hand drop and stayed where he was. "I truly do not know, Mr. Alveron. I was lost in thought, apparently drifting in your direction all the while." He spread his arms to indicate the hilltop. "Perhaps the magic infused into this place called to me. A chance of soothing my troubled mind." There was little need to answer the second question the mage had posed. There had been no deliberate attempt to find this Aven. It was only fortune that brought them together.

The last question Aven posed had Kyran turning his head. He looked out onto the scenery below them. "I find myself lacking a great many things, Mr. Alveron. Namely, the strength to protect those dear to me. Recently I've learned I may lack any semblance of a heart as well." His lip curled in a rueful smile. "My wife won't be happy to hear that. She bet everything on our love. But can one have love without a heart?" The redhead turned back toward the Fairy Tail member. He contemplated Aven for a short while. "Has your meditation brought you answers, Mr. Alveron? Or has it only been time spent agonizing over what you could have done?"

WC: 369
    TWC: 832

Spells Used:

None

Aven Alveron
    Aven Alveron

Character Sheet

Post by Aven Alveron on 11th October 2019, 3:57 pm

Aven listened intently, and his guard lowered steadily, as he gestured for Kyran to sit wherever he pleased. "Answers? Yes, a few... I was a fool, too naive for my own good, I suppose. Maybe, I can answer your question with my own?" A short pause, while Aven broke eye contact to gaze into the sky. "I fell in love with a girl, before I knew what love really was. When I look back, I think it was love at first sight; but, I treated her as a friend. I never told her, never took the risk, and because of that, she's with none other than my Wizarding Rival, Markus."

The air went silent, as thoughts were gathered once more, and Aven refocused onto Kyran."You say that you may not have a heart, and you're worried you can't love?" For the first time, Aven's face broke into a genuine smile, as he laughed brightly. "A heart is an organ, Kyran, not a center of emotion. Let me ask you: do you need a heart to hold your wife close? No, your arms can do that. Then, can she lean on your heart when trouble comes around? No, you can certainly lend her a shoulder to lean on. Is your voice not enough to say, 'I love you', or your longing to be near an illusion?" Aven shook his head softly. "You don't need a heart to love, Kyran: all you need is another person to share your love with."

Aven stretched, as he stood up, his legs creaking a bit from the strain. He'd been sitting for quite some time: the protest from his joints and muscles attested. He cracked his back, leaning down to regain a bit of flexibility. "As for your first problem, I won't know anything about that unless you show me. I've been sitting for months now, without a single chance to sharpen my skills! What would you say to a friendly bout? I can give you some advice on your 'strength' issue, and test my new capacity in the process."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Word Count: 346.]
    [Word Count Total: 934.]

Kyran
    Kyran

Character Sheet

Post by Kyran on 11th October 2019, 8:39 pm

Kyran smiled coldly as Aven began laughing. The other mage had taken his words literally. A battle of wits could be initiated now if he chose to. "One has to wonder... the heart is usually linked to love. Could it not be so that it is the epicenter for this intangible, unquantifiable emotion as well as the center for our circulation system?" He spread his hands out wide. A wide smile split his face. "You do make a good point that love requires two..." The redheaded mage cut himself off there. His arms lowered. There was no point in arguing with this stranger. It would only serve his emotional need to challenge others, nothing more.

Kyran watching Aven standing up. Clear cracking echoed across the hilltop. It was a testament to how long the mage had been sitting there. "As much as I'd love to spar with you, this isn't the place for our bout. A little village lies no more than twenty miles in that direction. Given the power you're letting off, we might easily cause them damage." Kyran held up his hands to hold off any comments. That wasn't all he had to say. "That being said... I do have a place we can spar safely. Given I'm required to head back to HQ, this might be a good way to unveil the WFTC new VP. If you don't mind an audience, we can head that way and have them announce it. You'll have a few hours to warm up. Then we'll spar." It was killing two birds with one stone. Better yet, Kyran didn't have to deal with annoying questions or the public.

Regardless of Aven's answer, Kyran pointed his hand toward the sky. Pure magical energy created a brief beam. Within moments, a silver floating longboat appeared. Long sleek wings poked out from either side of the hull. A house-like construction sat near the stern. The deck was wide and open. Lacrima studded the keel. Each glowed with soft magical energy. Kyran grinned, hopping onto the deck. "Teleportation! Brilliant! Mr. Alveron, if you wouldn't mind climbing aboard. This will get us to HQ faster than personal magic or walking there." The distance to HQ was several weeks' worth of travel. Kyran didn't have that kind of time to waste. He could only imagine how furious Gaia was with him already.

WC: 395
    TWC: 1,227

HP: 775/775
    MP: 500/500

Spells Used:

Aven Alveron
    Aven Alveron

Character Sheet

Post by Aven Alveron on 11th October 2019, 10:32 pm

Aven remained silent as Kyran spoke, accepting his invitation to battle, and firing back with an invitation of his own; though, his brow did raise at one particular detail. The West Fiore Trading Company's new VP, huh? That was Johann Von Weiss' position, if he recalled correctly. Did that mean Johann had taken the helm as President? An interesting thought, though not a surprising one: Aven had gone on a job with the older Gentleman years ago, exploring a mysterious island. Even back then, the man had been extraordinarily strong. He mused, wondering how powerful the man must have become.

Snapping back to reality, Aven shored up the majestic aircraft. It was impressive, especially considering it was summoned through magic, even sporting a living quarters! He did wonder whether it was summoned though an item, a spell, or kept within an alternate space akin to a requip, but such curiosities weren't important at the moment. From Aven's shadow, a small cloud of pitch black particles emerged, which hurried in front of him and solidified into a floating stairway. Aven climbed up casually onto the deck, the stairs dissembling back into particles and flowing into his shadow as he passed them. "A beautiful vessel, Kyran! I'll certainly take you up on your offer, though I am curious why you'd want to publicly exhibit a practice match like this one? Surely, you'd want to have a more even and exciting match for such an occasion?"

It was a puzzling prospect, at least to Aven. He thought it fairly obvious that the point of the practice match was not to win, but to test their magics against a real opponent. Aven did understand the thrill of battle, of course; it was a favorite past-time of his, and still excited him to this day! Still, just by standing next to Kyran, he could tell that there was little chance of the man breaking through any significant portion of his defenses. No doubt, judging by Kyran's comment about needed more than a twenty-mile radius of safety from civilization, the wizard assumed automatically that Aven's high level of magic equated to a high level of destruction. There'd certainly be a surprise waiting for Kyran when they started their practice, only to discover that nearly all of Aven's power is purely defensive in nature. Aven chuckled softly to himself at the irony, as it was wizards like Johann Von Weiss and Markus Eldridge's earth-shattering power that had inspired his protective specialty, so in theory, it was directly by the West Fiore Trading Company's influence that Kyran would have quite a difficult time in his own exhibition.

Curiosity struck once again, and Aven found himself unable to restrain it. "By the way, you mentioned you were the new Vice President of the West Fiore Trading Company: does that mean, then, that Johann Von Weiss has graduated to the position of President?"

[Word Count: 484.]
    [Word Count Total: 1414.]

Kyran
    Kyran

Character Sheet

Post by Kyran Today at 2:46 pm

Kyran bowed at the gracious comment about his boat. It was his personal conveyance across Fiore. The fleets of the WFTC had more gorgeous vehicles. That was his own opinion though. The rest of Aven's comment had the new VP grinning. "Where is the fun in an even match? I look to test myself in battle. Besides, I'm not good at speeches...." Kyran scratched the back of his neck. He struggled to find the words for the rest of his thoughts. The boat lifted into the air during the pause. "I want to show them... I'm human...yet despite that, I'll fight against the odds for them. I'll never give up. I'm hoping this-" He waved a hand between the two of them. "-will manage to convey that."

The boat began to move through the air. The speed went faster. The wind whistled along the hull. Yet on the deck, there was no more wind than that to ruffle Kyran's hair. The redhead walked over to the foredeck. His head moved, angling his ear towards Aven as the other mage asked a question. The blood mage grimaced. That reminded him. Masha was going to be furious with him as well. Going into the mountains without a reliable way to contact his sister or his wife had been a bad idea. They were going to team up to skin him alive. The redhead shuddered slightly. Perhaps he should let Aven pummel him into the ground. Gain a little sympathy from the two of them. It might be just enough to avoid an unpleasant death.

Aven's question had to be answered. "I'm not sure of the circumstances but Mr. Von Weiss is no longer with the West Fiore Trading Company. He left to form a new guild - Dies Irae. They take a harder stance than the Rune Knights when facing down crime." Kyran lifted a hand as if holding a wine glass. "The Magic Council's own personal army." The redhead turned around to face Aven. His face was contemplative. "You have been out here a long time, Mr. Alveron. Fiore has probably changed since you last saw it. Are you prepared to face that reality?"

WC: 364
    TWC: 1,591

Current date/time is 14th October 2019, 9:52 pm