Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Prologue: Kenrojima and the Kraken

Amalie
    Amalie

Alt Account- Mythical- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Legal Guild Ace- Y-Rank- X-Rank- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Wanderer- Working Together- Christian Minecraft Server- Teaming Up!- Limited Edition- Legal Eagle- Unknown Powerhouse- Unknown Legend- Achiever- Obligatory Beach Episode- Shipped- Halloween Social - Halloween job event participant - Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Player 
    Lineage : God's Beloved Daughter
    Position : None
    Guild : Dies Irae
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : Johann Von Daddy
    Experience : 2,849

Character Sheet
    First Magic:
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Prologue: Kenrojima and the Kraken - Page 3 Empty Re: Prologue: Kenrojima and the Kraken

Post by Amalie 16th August 2020, 3:46 pm

I will never ask for nothing that I won't give in return
    You will never have to question the value of my words
    Amalie

When the group finally arrived back at the ship, Amalie was relieved to see that she was not been the only party from Dies Irae who had successfully managed to bring civilians into the safety of the guild’s domain. Although for the numbers that they had procured there were plenty of injured members to make up for it. And plenty of dead too, much to her dismay. She thought back to Icarus and Kessicia, wondering just how they were fairing since splitting up during the mission. She remained hopeful for the moment, no news was good news after all. More importantly, she had a decision to make, she knew that Anima wanted her to stay and be treated for the poison. But she also knew for a fact that she couldn’t take up any of their precious resources having them see to her wound. No, she had to just deal with it for now,  even if it meant using up her own magical store to do so.

She considered what action to take a moment, before opening her mouth. Allowing the magic to flow through her once more. “Heal.” She called out trying her luck once again with the wound, however when she did so, she was met with immediate pain. The same reaction as before. She keeled forward slightly, clutching her side. It really seemed like whatever the hell Sivvy's doppelganger had done to her, it couldn't be fixed by her magic alone. “Commander!” Joffrey cried, stepping forward to make sure she didn’t collapse. She put her hand out to him, gesturing to him that it was okay. He would place his hand on her arm anyway, offering his hand as a means of balance just in case. “I… I’m fine. I’ll be fine just…” She straightened up slightly, sweat falling from her brow as she attempted to suppress the pain she was feeling.

I told you! You’ve been poisoned, you need to be treated and by no means can you return to the fight. Anima’s words were direct, it was clear that he didn't care for the prospect of her returning to the others. But she also knew that Anima didn't particularly care about humans aside from herself, even those close to Amalie. It was for this reason that Amalie chose not to listen, instead choosing to address her assistant. “Joffrey, I need you to take the kids over to the medical bay, make sure that they are taken care of. Once you’re sure they’re okay I want you to go out and search for any more civilians you can find. Use your illusions okay, stay hidden as much as you can and use it to your advantage." With great strain, she reached around to her side. Adjusting her belt, she would unclip Celeste off her hip and handed the sword to him. “Commander, I can’t take that, that’s your sword-”

“Enough!" She barked, interrupting his sharply. Her tone quickly softened after, remembering how helpful Joffrey had been earlier. Despite all of his incompetence and frustrations, he had certainly earned his stars today. "I’m entrusting this to you, but only for now. I’ll be taking her back once this is over. You can do this okay. I have faith in you, now do as I say or It’ll be triple drills when we get back on Monday do you understand!” She told him firmly, although there was the reflection of genuine trust in the woman's eyes. She could feel Anima's present writhing with her, forcing himself forward to the front of her consciousness, reminding her of his influence. 

You’re being foolish Amalie, you don’t need to play the hero here, think of yourself for once!

Still, she made no reaction to him comments, her mind focused only on the matter at her. Her eyes imploring Joffrey to listen to her command, not to resist her. He glanced down at the rapier then back up at her, uncertainty fading. As he seemed to come to some sort of internal conclusion, the assistant straightened up, nodding at her. He took the sword from her and began strapping it onto his own belt. “You better come back for this sword Commander.” He told her with surprising fervour, for all the times he had crumpled under her discipline, for once he carried strength behind his words. Amalie smirked, “Don’t dent it whilst I’m gone.” She turned to the kids, kneeling down in front of them. The stared at her, their eyes wide with unsettled feelings, she couldn't blame them really. Having been trapped in that basement, the stench of the parents dead bodies looming above them. She could only imagine the horrors these children had seen since the invasion of Kenrojima. “You’re safe now okay. Joffrey is going to get you all to check out and then we'll give you some food. You don’t have to worry anymore, we’re the good guys and we’ll protect you.”

“Stay safe Miss,” Mason told her firmly, he was clearly trying to appear strong for the other children, so that they would take strength from seeing him this way. She smile softly, reaching out she would brush her knuckles against his chin softly, nodding as she did so. Following which she stood up once more. And with that she turned and made her way off of the ship, “Flight” she commanded, kicking off the ground once more. She began to make her way back onto the island, towards the mainland and over to where the others were. She needed to get to them quickly before Sivvy’s doppelganger did and others fell to the same fate as she. She could feel Anima pulling at her muscles, making it harder for her to move. Amalie don’t do this, turn back immediately.

“Listen Anima, you’re either with me here or against me. You can either shut up and use your power to make sure I make it out alive, or so fucking help me, I will find the closest bottle of whiskey and do this on my own. So how about it? Are you with me, or do I need to do this solo?” She could feel his fervent frustration growing, he knew that she would do it too. Was this any other human, perhaps he would not have buckled? But this was her. She would feel the pressure ease from her muscles, allowing her to fly more easily now. And with a jaded voice, she would here the Fifth seals' begrudging reply.

Fine.

WC: 1085 New Thread Total:  3,848
    Important Note: Amalie has gone back to the ship, is giving Joffrey instructions before heading back out to the mainland.
    Dialogue: Amalie |  Anima | Joffrey | Mason

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Nathaniel Stratford
    Nathaniel Stratford

Player 
    Lineage : Curse of the White Witch
    Experience : 25,849

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Inquisition
    Second Magic: Cheesecake
    Third Magic:

Prologue: Kenrojima and the Kraken - Page 3 Empty Re: Prologue: Kenrojima and the Kraken

Post by Nathaniel Stratford 29th August 2020, 7:29 am

Nat dashed as fast as he could, eager to find another wicked being for him to desecrate. Unfortunately, there was none. Yet he charged on, with ever burning hatred and zeal. He wished to see it all end personally, but he was down-to-earth enough to realize that it is not up to him. Right now, the most that he can do is do his job… Maybe soon he can be the one to lead something like this and end something like this personally. Though deep in thought with things like this, along with the anger not only for his current lack of being even relatively useful he continued on with his pace. However, he was a bit disappointed that the path lacked any real threat anymore as he really wanted a piece of action and retribution as he believed the dark guild has not paid enough yet. But it was relatively bare, with the occasional bottom feeders who poised as bandits, murdering any survivors which Nat quickly dealt with as he passed through their location. The unsuspecting criminals recklessly held their weapons overhead, as if such a gesture would strike fear in Nat. No, they were easily struck at their bellies for leaving it so open. They probably didn’t know what happened to them until they saw their stomachs split open. The accompanied shock will surely make the scene in their eyes a bit more gruesome, but deserved. And though he wasn’t exactly the fastest in the guild - as evidenced by constantly sensing other magical energies, a signature of the more prominent members - he did arrive rather quickly. At least, quick enough to see where a gate should be. It was a marvel to behold, a testament to the kind of force the guild had in its ranks. He had spent a considerable amount of time basking in the testament of power, that for a moment, allowed his thoughts to not be purely singular to his murderous rage. This meant that he was finally able to realize the reality he was in. The decay, the death, the destruction, the replacement of life into something hellish. The sight alone was repulsive, but it was unfortunately paired up with a stench so indescribable, so monstrous, that it would have made any person inexperienced with the horrors of life go insane, faint, or even possibly die from what has been laid out before them. However, with the kind of experience Nat has dealing with such catastrophe at such an early age, it did not prepare him for what he saw. He saw that villainy was still capable of far heinous acts that made the two Savage Skull attacks on Magnolia look like child’s play. It made him retch a little bit to be honest, he bent over, over and over while he covered his nose and mouth with his left hand’s palm. As he had his palm over his orifices, he was able to calm down and compose himself over time.

He had thought that if someone from the guild had been here and made his way in, he should probably find them as he stepped forward through the debris of the former gate. Inside, he found more destruction from a justified source. Bodies of dead dark mages littered the city streets. And though it is technically the same horrors as earlier, from the ink pool to the outside of the city gates, it was a bit more comfortable. It was a bit quiet now and he couldn’t tell if the people who did this work were still here. He couldn’t tell if it was his master Sivvy’s work either. The way they were disposed of was totally different when he went to kneel down and inspect a kill. Once he got up, he looked around at the tall intact buildings. Not much can be seen from a street view. Deciding that it was about time to gather some intel or get a lay of the land, Nat spotted a high raised building a. He looked down back on the street level and noticed that the road towards the structure was not littered with so much of the recent death. Noticeably and relevantly safe compared to pretty much everything around the island, Nat proceeded quickly thinking that it would be safe to make a bunch of noise and no one would notice.

WC: 731
    Nat: 6,056

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Prologue: Kenrojima and the Kraken - Page 3 Nat_siggy
    Exp to next rank:

#DDB649
    Ray Jyx
    Ray Jyx

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Main Account- Mythical VIP Status- Mythical- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Guild Master- Custom Slayer- Dragon Slayer- X-Rank- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Wanderer- EXP Grinder- Jewel Grinder- Job Creator- Working Together- Christian Minecraft Server- I Have Friends...- Teaming Up!- Limited Edition- Idolize- Unknown Powerhouse- Unknown Legend- Achiever- Expert Achiever- Over Achiever- Buddy Buddy- Sticking Around- Dank Memer- Fan Artist- Taskmaster- Halloween Social- Lineage Making Contest Participant- Richie Rich- Rich- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 1st Place Event/Contest Winner- 2nd Place Event/Contest Winner- Summer Special Participant- Have an Admin as a friend!- Player 
    Lineage : Seal of Balance
    Faction : The Ironheart Pact
    Guild : Divine Calamity
    Cosmic Coins : 50
    Experience : 8,311

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Forgotten Legend
    Second Magic: Fantasy Requip
    Third Magic: Treasure Dragon Slayer

Post by Ray Jyx 17th September 2020, 4:42 am

One by One They Fall at My Feet

Sivvy

Though the two pink-haired women had been trained identically, it swiftly became clear that one had far surpassed the other in strength and speed. The two blurred together in a deadly dance. As Sivvy relentlessly came for her, chasing her all over the farmland just outside the main city, K began to consider means of escape. 7 was too formidable a foe to outpace. Her poisons were potent no matter how strong the challenger, but it required a wound to seep into or the jabbing of one of her vines. So far she'd only gotten one lucky hit in, and that'd been with her elbow and not her blades or anything her poisonous magic could work through. Perhaps even more impressive was that her sister was fighting while suffering some sort of damage. Every now and then Sivvy would pause only the smallest of seconds to spit blood from her mouth, but it didn't seem to be slowing her down any. No matter how fast K moved or what direction she tried to take, in an instant Sivvy was there to block the way.

Merely finding a foothold was nigh impossible. As soon as her foot touched the ground, some sort of metallic protrudence came for her, trying to pierce her or immobilize her. Not much concentration could be spent on that complicated matter, though, because as soon as she kicked off again to avoid the hazards on the ground, the slayer was rocketing at her to either kick her or slash her with various bladed weapons. Her wooden blades were splintered into matchsticks over and over any time she attempted to use them to either defend or attack. K needed to get back to her master. To regroup. To inform him of what force was coming for him, though he suspected he might have already left, given the two even more horrifying magical powers she sensed further into the stronghold. Just who were these people? Were they even people anymore? That was quite an ironic thought for someone like K to have.

"Enough," Sivvy spoke with a commanding chill, catching K in the chest and kicking her to the ground. Her sibling hit the dirt hard enough to make a small crater with a tail as she skidded to a stop. Metal spikes rose up immediately, one for each limb and serving to pin her there like a butterfly carcass in a display case. As the ambassador came to stand over her identical sister, the pressure exuded from every pore was enough to make the gravel and soil around her quiver. K never showed any sign of fear, though. She stared with familiar emptiness back at Sivvy, and the legal mage couldn't help note that it was like looking into a mirror of the past. It was surreal to see herself as she'd once been. A while back she'd come across 6's dead body and that'd been a little odd, but this was even different than that. 1 through 6 had been perfect clones. She knew they existed, and she knew she wasn't like them. But the one she stood over now was exactly like her. A reject. Not only did Sivvy not realize that other failed clones had been allowed to live, but she hadn't anticipated how her personal growth that separated her from them would make killing one harder. Sivvy paused, gazing almost sadly down on her enemy, knowing this could have just as easily been reversed. This used to be her. "You're going to end me. Failure is never an option," K said, voice sterile despite the obvious pain she must be experiencing. Sivvy's expression hardened as she reminded herself that this clone smelled like Amalie's blood and had aided in the heinous atocities on this island. The corners of her mouth pulled down. "Failure is never an option," Sivvy repeated solemnly, a beautiful katana materializing from scrolling blue magic and shimmer. With a swift horizonal swing, Sivvy beheaded her mirror image and left her in the middle of the dirt path leading to the central city.

Taking the same path Johann and Markus had taken, Sivvy poured on the speed in hopes of catching up. Her mind was thrown into turmoil, though she wouldn't let that show. Was Amalie alright? She didn't know where her friend was and hoped she was with Johann, though she didn't sense that she was from where she was. Either way, being alone after what she'd just done wasn't ideal. She needed to see her friends to reground her. She wasn't K. Progress had been made. Failure wasn't an option. Was she a failure? This mission was a failure. She didn't want to die. Seeing her own head roll across the dirt replayed in her mind, spurring her onward with even more speed through the tops of the damaged cityscape. Now was not the time to try to process this.

While she didn't come across Markus or Johann yet, they were near. She wanted to press on, but she'd come across her own troop of bandits running through the crumbling streets. Perhaps it was her newly stirred turmoil that drew out her overkill strength, but Sivvy descended upon them with a fury. Her eyes began to glow cerulean as she landed in the midst of them, the force of her landing cracking the ground under them for several meters and knocking them back. A blade on a chain appeared in her hand, and with one swift swing, it lashed out around her in a circle and beheaded all unlucky enough to be caught. The second wave were stunned, but didn't know what else to do other than try to rush her. Their approach was staggered, so Sivvy could take them almost one at a time. Flipping forward to her hands, her legs whipped out and caught the first guy's head between her thighs. With a twist his neck snapped, and as she continued her flip she launched his carcass at the next opponent, knocking him down. A crystal appeared in her hand, which she tossed to him and continued on as it exploded and vaporized the living and dead man alike.

Entering what she hoped to be the final pre-battle with brutal grace, she zipped around the new battlefield to wreak havoc. Her weapons appeared and disappeared as needed with deft fluidity, and should she need to extend her carnage beyond close range, razor-sharp spikes of various metals would jut up from the ground to impale foes much like they had their victims outside the main gate. Blood spattered onto the town path and buildings like a modern art painting, dotted with dismembered parts. As the very last of them converged on her, all parties knew it was futile. Holding out her hands, explosive energy pulsed out of her and simply destroyed them en masse. Sivvy's seal was still unknown and didn't plan to reveal herself, so she made sure that the strength she let the volatile clone access wouldn't alert her siblings, but would also not put her host at a disadvantage. None would stand in her way. Not one evil life would be spared. This had been a breach of order and balance, and Iudex would show no mercy. All who tipped the scales would be purged.

In the exact center of town, those of the dark guild that hadn't turned cowardly tail and run were preparing for their last stand. Some of the strongest among them formed the last vital spot of this operation, and they were cocky. Nervous, but still plenty confident. Not only were they falsely inflated by the idea of their own skills, but it seemed there was an ace in the hole they were about to unleash when the time was right. A man with black hair was chained up on his knees in the rear of the capitol building. An enchanted collar was locked around his neck and a gleaming red gem was crudely embedded in its dark metal. Though he seemed utterly defeated he simply obeyed as he was pulled to his feet and shuffled toward the door. The eyes in his sockets were empty, pupils missing from their blue orbs. A curious black substance was starting to leak from the corners of his mouth and from his fingertips, and as they dripped to the smooth stone floor, they sizzled and corroded holes into the masonry. "Not yet," his handler spoke in a gruff voice, awaiting the last stand. "Just hold."

WC: 1421 || Group WC: 6000

Prologue: Kenrojima and the Kraken - Page 3 Jkp0PmI

Masha
    Masha

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Player 
    Lineage : Avatar of Ilyria
    Guild : Silver Wolf
    Cosmic Coins : 5
    Mentor : Ruvel
    Experience : 269,157

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Satan Sound Slayer
    Second Magic: Foedus Pares
    Third Magic:

Post by Masha 19th September 2020, 11:50 am

Masha smiled gratefully at Nathaniel as she took the strange piece of food from him. This was... cake? She'd never seen anything like it. Perhaps it could only be conjured by magic. [color=hotpink]"Thank you so much! It looks delicious, though I'm not sure how it's cake!" The redhead delicately bit into the concoction. Flavor blasted her tastebuds. A warmth started spreading through her body. It wiped the majority of her fatigue and healed injuries she hadn't been aware off. "By the gods, this is amazing!" Masha gushed, devouring the rest.

Despite the restoration of her energy, the amnesiac wasn't able to keep up with her guildmates. They easily outstripped the slayer. She was trying to save her magic. Her reserves were low after summoning everybody. No matter, they'd meet up again eventually. Probably. Heavens, what if they just left her here? Masha frowned at the unexpected thought. Dies Irae was one unit. They wouldn't leave a member behind unless there wasnt any other choice. Where had that thought come from? The battlefield must be getting to her.

Observing the city filled Masha with equal amounts of dread and awe. Bodies littered the streets. It looked to be an unmitigated slaughter of dark mages. Powerful mages allied with DI. There was no denying that. A perverse desire gripped the redhead. She knelt down, touching a neck of a mostly intact body. Dead. Masha repeated the process until she found one with a fluttering pulse. The thready beat didn't fill her with much hope. However, it was a perfect test subject.

Pink magic filled her left hand. It reverberated into the dark mage. The female coughed suddenly, drawing in a deep breath. The magic healing ceased immediately. The woman turned a dull gaze toward her rescuer. "Monsters... we...never stood... a chance." Masha pursed her lips. "No, it seems not. I have an opportunity for you to live though." A golden scroll appeared in her hand. It unfurled before the dark mage, covered in arcane symbols. "A contract. For life." The redhead didn't say for how long or what the price would be. It seemed more prudent to leave such details vague. The mage reached for the contract. Masha's lips curled upward in a Cheshire smile.

There was a brief flash of light. The dark mage had vanished. Masha wiped her hands off on her skirt. Her smile refused to fade. It worked! Better yet, selfish dark mages seemed to accept the deal without reading the fine print. The battlefield suddenly ceased to be a place of corpses. Now it was an area of possibility. The redhead felt an odd desire to rub her hands together and cackle.

Bursts of magic drew her attention. The slayer frowned wringing her hands. The fight wasn't over yet. It felt like Ambassador Seven's magic. She looked back over the streets. The Ambassador probably didnt need help. Not with the several other magical signatures that felt vaguely familiar. However, it would be selfish to stay here and gather subjects. Her teeth worried her lip. What to do?

WC: 512
    TWC: 512

Masha - Bank - Sound Satan Slayer (Primary) -Foedus Pares (Secondary)

Prologue: Kenrojima and the Kraken - Page 3 Keymasha
    Shen Kadokawa
    Shen Kadokawa

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Main Account- Alignment Shift- Mythical VIP Status- Demon VIP Status- God VIP Status- Dragon VIP Status- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Mythical- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- Custom Slayer- God Slayer- Demon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- Neutral Guild Ace- Z-Rank- Y-Rank- X-Rank- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Wanderer- Eevee- EXP Grinder- Jewel Grinder- Job Creator- Working Together- Forever Solo- Christian Minecraft Server- I Have Friends...- Teaming Up!- Limited Edition- Idolize- Unknown Powerhouse- Unknown Legend- The Completionist- Guild Creator- Achiever- Expert Achiever- Buddy Buddy- Obligatory Beach Episode- Shipped- Sticking Around- Loyal to the Bone- Dank Memer- Fan Artist- Taskmaster- Halloween gfx'ers- Halloween Social- Halloween job event participant - Fan Art Contest Participant- Haiku Contest Participant- Richie Rich- Rich- Veteran Level 6- Veteran Level 5- Veteran Level 4- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Join A Faction!- Tertiary Magic- Supreme Grand Master [5000]- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 3rd Place Event/Contest Winner- Christmas Event Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Advertisement Achievement Badge- Tournament Participation Badge- Cookie Achievement- Cupcake Achievement- Rainbow Hero- Summer Special Tier 4- Summer Special Tier 3- Summer Special Tier 2- Summer Special Tier 1- Summer Special Donor- Summer Special Participant- Have an Admin as a friend!- 1 Year Anniversary- Player-
    Lineage : Assassin's Shadow
    Faction : The Rune Knights
    Guild : Guildless
    Cosmic Coins : 505
    Experience : 3,283,767

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Infinite Arcana
    Second Magic: Vox Universum
    Third Magic: Disciple of War

Post by Shen Kadokawa 10th October 2020, 1:39 pm

Prologue: Kenrojima and the Kraken - Page 3 QKlwfXV

"I could not help but wonder-", the silver-haired man would begin speaking aloud once more, his eyes firmly locked on the last of the remaining criminals he had confronted, a man who seemed to be thoroughly misplaced in the current situation, frightful, shaking gaze darting from the source of every volatile sound that would erupt in the city to the next one as if he expected something to come and take his life at any second. Of course, he wasn't entirely wrong. The soldiers of Dies Irae had begun entering the city, taking out any dark mage that was left and eliminating the last pockets of resistance. Soon, there would be only sporadic opposition left to fight, and in due time and with due effort, they would cleanse this island of this unlawful invasion force, this group of degenerates and murderers. The thought would pass through the Ambassador's mind again. All in due time, of course ...

"-I have fought some of your comrades before, but I can only assume that your leader wasn't amongst them. Surely, I would have noticed, hm? The Guild Master of the famous Highbrand Dark Guild ...", Johann continued, slow steps taking him closer to the man with every passing moment. He didn't seem to pay too much attention to what the God of Ishgar was saying, instead stumbling back on shaky legs, stuttered, frightened words leaving his lips. "O-o-our l-leader?". It seemed that the criminal couldn't put two and two together in his current state, anger momentarily exacting its characteristic pressure on Johann's throat, leaving him to wonder how a bunch of incompetent fighters like this one had managed to take Kenrojima in the first place, but the island didn't have much defense to speak of, to begin with, he knew. The silver-haired man would sigh softly, composing himself. He'd just have to ask for the information he wanted directly.

"Yes, your leader. Your ... group-", the last word was vocalized with audible disdain, "-you have someone like that, right?". The man nodded hastily, repeating the motion once or twice in his restlessness. Good, at least that much the Ambassador of Dies Irae could confirm. He wouldn't exactly have thought a roving band of bandits, dark mages, murderers, rapists, and criminals to be the democratic type. Usually these types of arrangements required a strongman figure to tie the lawless bunch together. He'd seen many groups like this one back in his mercenary days, albeit on an admittedly far smaller scale. This was an army of them. He couldn't help but speculate, though. Would that mean that whoever headed this bunch would be a man of matching strength, matching appearance? Undoubtedly, the Ambassador would be fated to find out. The man, though, would continue to speak, seemingly seeking to add something to his previous gesture. "O-our leader isn't our ... our Guild Master. O-one of the Aces is, uh, is our Commander for this e-expedition". Expedition, huh? That was what they called it. The Ambassador took a deep breath, once more pushing to suppress the sudden onset of hatred that coursed through his veins, threatening to take over his actions. He would keep a level head, for now, though the other party of this dialogue was beginning to move on a very thin ice.

"I see, thank you. I am glad that we can finally seem to communicate on a basis of mutual understanding. Now, based on what you have told me, my question is the following:-", the Ambassador continued with steady voice and cold, analytical tone, not taking his eyes off the other for one second as he slowly circled the criminal, coming to a stop to the man's side, some paces away from him, the silver-haired man's head turned towards him. "-Where can I find this Ace? A name and brief description of your commander's appearance would be helpful, as well. I'm sure you wouldn't want to disappoint my trust in your capabilities, would you?". The other seemed to be getting increasingly nervous, the Ambassador's obviously faked smile, which would widen slightly as Johann spoke, adding to the unsettling impression. The man's eyes would periodically divert from the silver-haired man to his side to the rest of the group, his fallen fellows, only to tremble for a few moments before wandering back to the Ambassador, reminding him that it was nothing short of his own life that was on the line. "O-of course not", the criminal would laugh nervously, averting his eyes and keeping them locked on the ground. He was about to betray his guild, but his life was more important than money, women, freedom, or any of the other things that had drawn him to this lifestyle. "C-commander Novgaard i-is probably still at the city hall, or whatever that large building in the center of town is. He, uh, you can't really miss him, he's, uh, ... ya know, h-he's a- ... a massive man, p-probably like, like 7 ... or more like 7 and a half feet tall. B-built like a Vulcan, a-and fights like one, too, w-which is why the men respect him ...".

Johann would nod, though kept his eyes locked on the man expectantly, the sweat beginning to build up on the other's temples. The criminal didn't know what else the man wanted from him. He'd said everything that could be said, his mind still scrambling for details when the Ambassador would take another step towards him, which seemed to, metaphorically, open the floodgates. "H-he's got grey hair, a-a bit like yours. U-usually wears s-some kind of leather armor w-with a wolf's head insignia on it as- as well as the g-guild tattoo over his right eye. This one!". Without hesitation the man would roll up one of his sleeves, presenting the Ambassador with a bronze symbol decorating the skin of his triceps, resembling a jagged skull, mouth torn open in a scream. "Interesting". The Ambassador couldn't hold back the hint of condescending tone in his voice, his disdain for the imagery clear to any observant beholder. "Is that all?". Johann raised an eyebrow.

The man flinched, his mouth twisting into a forced smile. "I-I told you everything I know ... uh, Sir. P-please ...". Johann believed the man. He sensed no real aggression coming from the other, and it was obvious that he was afraid. "Yes, that will do". Only now would the Ambassador turn his head, his gaze shifting from the lowlife criminal to the larger building in the distance. It didn't seem like the man had been lying. There was quite the commotion that built up around it. His eyes, however, would briefly shift back to the member of Highbrand, the grunt seeming like he was frozen in place, expecting some kind of trick or twist of events. The Ambassador wanted him out of his sight. "Well, what are you waiting for? Get lost". The other appeared surprised, though that surprise would linger only briefly, swiftly being replaced by relief, "O-of course, of course, Sir. T-thank you", and with those words, he scurried off into a nearby alleyway. He wouldn't have thanked the Ambassador if he knew that the city was already swarming with the rest of the Soldiers. He would get picked up or dispatched by any of the other guild members, certainly, but Johann would save himself the time, especially now that he had a clear objective, his anger that, with some considerable effort, had been suppressed, bursting forth from inside his chest and coursing through his body once more. The air around his flickered, crackling with the force of magical energy before, in a flash of arcane power, the silver-haired man would vanish, in a similar flash of energy reappearing before the town hall with a loud crash.

"HOOOL' YA FIRE", was the first thing the Ambassador heard, his heterochromatic eyes, with lightning-fast speed switching from face to face, person to person, taking in the situation around him in a split second as the booming voice still echoed from the cold, empty stone walls of the houses around. He had teleported near the highest concentration of magical signatures, and indeed, it appeared like he had stumbled right into the wasps nest. The town hall was in front of him, a grey building of stone bricks, its copper-plated roof having long lost its distinct color, replaced with a thin layer of green-blue verdigris. That, however, wasn't the only thing he noticed. The windows of the town hall had been smashed, dozens, if not hundreds of gunbarrels pointing in his direction. Sandbags formed a perimeter around the building, and the plaza of decent proportions before what had once been the proud center of a bustling city was now lined with all manners of shady figures, daggers, axes, swords, arrows, and a wide range of other weaponry glistening in the sun as it was drawn, pointed towards the silver-haired man with not a bit of good intent. Not to mention the immediate attention of any mage in the crowd that was now unmistakably drawn to him. From within the mass of people, a figure began to approach the edge of the improvised defenses, a loud, bellowing laughter echoing forth. "Didn't think that it would take ya so long, Dies Irae mage! We almost bored ourselves to death!". The voice, deep and resounding, belonged to what Johann soon recognized from the description he had been given not too long ago to be a certain Novgaard. The grip of his right hand tightened around the hilt of the blade, produced by the guild spell.

The grunt hadn't lied, it seemed. The man was, well, matching the description, certainly. A massive man, probably around 7'6" in height, would stare down from the top of a barricade at the Ambassador with a wide, toothy grin, framed by a thick beard that stretched from ear to ear. His expression showed sharp, hard features, grey hair surrounding a somewhat wrinkled face, though his body displayed no other obvious signs of age, the defined and excessively muscular stature of the man giving him the appearance of a season fighter. Judging by his name and he appearance Johann assumed that he was originally from Iceberg. His form was wrapped in bound furs, leather, and heavy plates of glistening steel, occasional magic shimmering across the surface of the metal in the form of arcane runes and crystalline inlays. Eyes grey like his hair, one side of his face covered by a jagged symbol that resembled that of the grunt, though his was of an icy-blue hue, his oculars were glowing with ferocity and obvious excitement, mustering the Ambassador with unabashed and direct curiosity. All of this told the Ambassador two things: First, the hulk of a man's troops had been ready to fire on him as soon as they had noticed even the faint hint of a threat, they weren't lacking discipline as those from before did, and second, the man was confident in himself and his abilities. He wouldn't have stopped them otherwise. The silver-haired God of Ishgar couldn't help but wonder. Did he think Johann was not enough of a risk to warrant an all-out attack? The Ambassador grit his teeth, admittedly somewhat unsettled by the chain of events unfurling before him. Was there something he didn't know, a factor that he hadn't yet considered? Would it matter? He and his men weren't cut from the same cloth as most of the thugs and common criminals they had encountered on this island. There was only one way to find out. It looked like the God of Ishgar would have to keep himself in check just a little bit longer, still.

"My apologies for the delay, your subordinates weren't exactly the most talkative. Novgaard of Highbrand, I assume?", the silver-haired Rune Mage would shout back with similarly loud tone, two resounding voices sounding in unison. The man would whistle loudly. "Hah! Ya really did ya research, eh, boy? Who are ya?". There was something distinctly disrespectful about being addressed as "boy", especially given the fact that the actual difference in age between the two was probably not too great, though the man brushed that off. "Johann von Weiss. Ambassador of Dies Irae". "Oho! Ya one of the higher ups, aren't ya?". Johann raised an eyebrow, though the monstrous dark mage didn't appear to fazed. Quite the contrary, to be specific, a jovial grin not fading from his expression. "Ya strong?". The inquiry seemed ... awfully casual, Johann honestly unsure how to respond. This man, this Novgaard, as he was called, was an odd one. He seemed to speak with a certain vigor, asking his question out of interest over tactics, as if he was personally invested in the Ambassador's "strength". It was quite bizarre, given the situation at hand. "Find out".

It seemed like those words had been the exact signal the other had been waiting for, Novgaard, with a a hearty cackle and a wide leap, jumping over the top portion of the barricade, his massive body slamming into the road below him before he would return to his full height, easily towering over the Ambassador. A good dozen paces separated the two, but Johann could sense the man's aura and the emotions that threw it into a state of turmoil from where he stood. "Ya won't have to tell me twice. I love me a duel, heh". "Before I fight, would you mind answering a question?". The out-of-place character of this encounter wouldn't leave the Ambassador's consciouss thoughts, and he had to obtain some sense of clarity for himself. The other, however, seemed to hesitate. "What's questionin' good for, lad? I thought ya wanna fight". Johann maintained eye-contact with the other, and while he hadn't been too confident that Novgaard would give him a straight answer, he was, from what the Ambassador gathered, a somewhat influential dark mage, after all, his hopes of getting some information out of the man dwindling. About to resign to what would simply be a fight to the death, he would tense up, his hand wrapping around the hilt of the blade in his right tighter still. "Gods fucking damnit, fine, ask ya questions. But ya better give me a damn good fight, boy". The Ambassador's eyes narrowed, though he wouldn't have to be told twice.

"I understand that you're the leader of this attack on Kenrojima". The bearded giant scoffed. "Damn right I am". "Then I assume you were the one who ordered what we've seen outside the city walls?". Anger began to seep into the man's words, the God of Ishgar unable to continue to hold back his emotions as he evoked the imagery of the massacre they had been greeted with not too far from here. Novgaard seemed to stop to think for a moment, and Johann could've sworn that he'd heard a subtle sigh whistling from between the other's lips before he spoke. "That's right. Sad bunch didn't put up much of a fight. A damn shame". The Ambassador's eyes narrowed further still, his brows furrowed. "Why did you do it?", the two voices would growl in unison, the dark guild leader losing no time to let go of a chuckle. "Because they were weak. All I care about is a good fight. If ya can't stand up for yaself, can't defend yaself, then by what right do ya exist? Ya live on borrowed time, and anyone can come and make ya their plaything. My men simply did what they wanted, and they were too weak to resist. Couldn't care less, I can tell ya".

Johann lowered his gaze. Was that really all? Was that the entirety of the other's worldview? Something so simple, so easy in its barbarism that it was almost utterly incomprehensible to any rational being would really constitute this man's morals, had driven the decision to slaughter hundreds, thousands of innocent men, women, and children? Johann's thoughts inevitably would trail off, back to days long since past, memories of Amber Island passing by. Had they, too, been nothing but playthings that someone toyed with just because they could.

"Have you ...", the Ambassador began, trying to keep it together as best as he could, "Have you ever fought for something, Novgaard? Do you know what it's like to fight for something other than yourself?". The other's first reaction to the question was a distinctly confused "Hm?". Then, as if it was the simplest thing in the world, the other would respond, raising his voice in laughter. "I fight cuz I wanna fight, kid. It's really not that hard. Fighting's fun, don't ya think?". It was more or less the answer the Ambassador expected. The silver-haired Rune Mage took a deep breath, closing his eyes.

"I see. Thank you for your honest answers. Now, then ...".

Johann briefly recalled Amalie's promise, the blue-haired woman's smile. Sivvy's expressions and the girl's unmistakably unique attitude. The faces of his guildmates. The island that they called their home. The massacre they had encountered today. The massacre that had occurred 30 years ago.

His muscles tensed, his senses sharpened, an unparalelled rush of emotion and adrenaline that had been held back surging through his veins. The Ambassador ripped open his eyes, two dark oculars adorned with crimson pupils staring at their opponent. Liek flame, the runes on his skin would burn their way across his body anew, alight with an arcane power that gave form to the all-swallowing sensation of rage burning in his chest. His magical aura once again would shift, swell, before exploding with a roar of of power that would briefly crash through the space around them, windows to both sides of the street shattering along the pulse of energy, shards of glass raining down around them. The Ambassador raised the sword, his expression contorted into a grimace of hatred, a growl escaping him before he, too, would eagerly participate in a fight.

"... come and die"

Novgaard seemed delighted by this invitation, and indeed, the display that the Ambassador would show him only seemed to spur him on more. With a shout of excitement, the man would throw himself forward, armed with nothing more than his fists, raising his right with the intention of bringing it down on the silver-haired Rune Mage to crush his skull with brute force. As soon as the dark mage would step into the range of his blade, however, Johann would go on the offensive, his body moving reflexively as it twisted the blade in his right hand. With a lightning-fast swing, a motion that was performed in less than the blink of an eye, the Ambassador had swung the weapon upwards, first severing the dark mage's right arm before, in the same motion, using the same mometum, bringing it down, dragging it across the man's chest, tearing through the man's armor like it was nothing and ripping open a massive gash in his flesh. Blood splattered across the grey cobblestone road, the dark mage stumbling back with a grunt of pain, and though the wounds were serious, the other would give himself unfazed, much to the Ambassador's surprise. The pain alone should be overwhelming. Did the other simply not feel any? "Pah! You little weasel. I thought we would handle this like man, fist on fist". Blood would burst from Novgaard's mouth, staining his beard and chin red. "But if that's how you wanna play ...". How was he still this agile? The man raised his remaining arm before slamming it down into the road below, a grey magic circle bursting outward where he had hit. With the force of his punch amplified, the ground would begin to tremble, the road below shattering like glass, stone and rubble launched into all directions as nearby houses began to collapse inwards, though the destruction seemed to be fairly localized. Still, getting hit with one of those would spell trouble, even for the Ambassador, Johann swiftly dashing to get out of the radius of his attack.

If he wanted to avoid dragging this out any longer than was necessary, he had to end this. Here and now.

Twisting the hilt of the blade, he would bring the weapon around, a red circle appearing beneath his feet before, in a sudden and immediate shift in space, he would move, appearing behind Novgaard and, with the same swiftness as before, striking forward through the middle of the other's thorax, piercing his heart, before pulling back. The sudden, albeit critical blow would leave the dark mage speechless for a few moments, though he would turn and stare at the Ambassador, who readied himself for another attack. Surprisingly, though, it seemed that another attack wasn't coming, the dark mage instead grinning once more. "Tseh. To think that I'd go out like this. Pitty, but ... I suppose ya are the stronger one, boy. Tell me-", Novgaard begun calmly, slowly lowering himself to the ground, drops of his blood gathering at his feet, "-what is it that ya fight for, huh? Is it fame? Women? Money?". The Ambassador froze, speechless, once more finding himself unsure of what to make of the man's question, especially at a time like this. "Come on, boy, I was honest, too. Grant a dying man his wish, will ya?". Johann took a breath, taking a step towards the man, though keeping a firm grip on his blade. He didn't want any surprises. Novgaard seemed strangely understanding. "Very well", the silver-haired Rune Mage would grant the man his request, leaning in closer before whispering something to the dark mage for a few passing seconds before the other's eyes lit up with joy, a broad grin spreading across his face. "HAH! And I thought I was a crazy bastard". The dark mage would pause, coughing up more blood. He knew that his time was running out. "Well, it was fun, uh, Johann, was it? Good luck with ya ideas. Ya will need it. That's all from me, but ... before I go out, I have one last surprise for ya. Orders from my boss, ya see. Don't take it personal". Johann raised an eyebrow, instinctively taking a step back, and yet, nothing seemed to happen for a few seconds. The tension in the air was almost palpable, and the seconds dragged on for what seemed like an eternity before finally, something would happen. The leader of the dark mages felt his limbs go numb, his vision fade, his world grow grey and dull, though he would muster all of his strength one last time. Drawing one last, deep breath before falling onto his back, the man would release a massive shout, his booming voice echoing throughout the entirety of the city before, ultimately, he would fall silent forever.

"RELEASE THE KRAKEN!"

Word Count: 3,803
    Personal Word Count Total: 5,303
    Thread Word Count Total: 10,333

Amalie
    Amalie

Alt Account- Mythical- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Legal Guild Ace- Y-Rank- X-Rank- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Wanderer- Working Together- Christian Minecraft Server- Teaming Up!- Limited Edition- Legal Eagle- Unknown Powerhouse- Unknown Legend- Achiever- Obligatory Beach Episode- Shipped- Halloween Social - Halloween job event participant - Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Player 
    Lineage : God's Beloved Daughter
    Mentor : Johann Von Daddy
    Experience : 2,849

Character Sheet
    First Magic:
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Amalie 17th November 2020, 6:44 am

I will never ask for nothing that I won't give in return
    You will never have to question the value of my words
    Amalie

Every step back into the city was agony. The sheer intensity of the pain that Amalie felt gradually worsening the further she got. The wound, despite being sealed was not faring any better. This wasn't just something she could heal with magic, she needed to go to a hospital, so they could figure out what it was that she had been poisoned with and just how to get it out of her system. She knew this, and yet she couldn't pull out of the mission now.

Not yet.

Pushing on, clambering over rubble as she went, careful to avoid running into the enemy soldiers. At moments she would hear them running by, at which points she would duck behind the nearest surface. She was sure that she still had enough strength to handle them, but she couldn't be reckless at this point. She needed to get to the Ambassadors, not only to let them know about Sivvy's double but to also make sure that they were okay. She hadn't seen them since the start of the mission and in truth, it wasn't that long ago. But to her, it felt like forever had passed, especially after what she'd seen at the church. The dull roar of battle reached her ears, telling her she was getting close to the core of the fight. Her ice-blue eyes roaming the streets of Kenrojima in desperation, trying to find the sight of a white or pink head of hair.

And then she saw it, locks of rose coloured strands splayed out against the ground. The same pretty pink that belonged to her best friend. Gritting her teeth, she kicked off on her heel and broke into a sprint. Flying towards the body with little care over who might spot her, she had to know. Nothing was more important than knowing right now. She stopped beside it, Sivvy's dismembered head at her feet, blood thumping in her ears. "No..."  She croaked weakly, falling to the floor. Her hands slamming against the ground on either side of the pinkette's face, her body began to tremble as unbelievable sorrow started to take over.

It's not her! Amalie, look up, look up right now. His voice rippled through her mind with a loud yet firm cry, her eyes widening, she would look up at his suggestion. As spotted what it was that he wanted her to see - Sivvy's body. No, not Sivvys... but her clone. Surely enough, the figure was wearing the same clothes as the version that had attacked her. This was not the ambassador, but rather, her doppelganger. Amalie let out a exhale, looking up at the sky as realisation coursed through her. She would feel Anima work to quell her emotions, allowing her to compose herself quickly. Her friend was still alive. Or at least, she wasn't dead as far as Amalie knew. But she still didn't know for sure, she had to find out and the only way she would do that would be to move further into the city.

She would try to stand up once more but found it harder to get back onto her feet. Amalie please, you need to take it easy. Anima insisted, but Amalie shook her head, choosing not to listen to the seal. "I have to find them Anima... besides I can't stay here... with that." She told him, managing to stand up again without looking at the head that was just so eerily familiar to that of her friends. Instead, she pushed on once more, his face scrunched up in pain as every step sent a stabbing sensation into her gut. I've felt worse pain than this, this is nothing. She reminded herself, a mental mantra that she repeated to herself several times.

She wandered into what she assumed was the main street at some point, likely once filled with lively shops and bustling restaurants. But now little more than rubble and abandoned buildings. As she wandered through the empty street, she would hear the distant voices, a lot of them. She stopped walking, listening carefully, before determining their location. Civilians. Anima confirmed, giving her the reassurance to approach. Moving toward the noise, she would quickly close the distance between herself and its source. The voices were coming from inside one of the abandoned buildings, before entering Amalie would stop. "Hello, my name is Commander West of Dies Irae, we're here to rescue you." She announced to them as she entered, catching the attention of the group. There had to be thirty of them, hiding away in the remains of the building.

"Commander!" The voice of a woman called to her, someone she recognised. One of her soldiers, Leslie Potts, a relatively young girl, only recently promoted from Neophyte. She had ginger curly hair, and green eyes, freckles that dotted her nose. Her brow was covered in sweat and her breathing steady as she thought trying to stay calm. Amalie stalked across the room, to where the girl was leaning against a wall, holding her bloodied shoulder. There were about thirty people in the room, a random mixture of people young and old, all crouched down against the walls. From what Amalie could tell, Soldier Potts must have been trying to get them to the ship. The Commander would kneel down, trying hard to hide the pain she was feeling. Can I heal her? She asked Anima. Yes, you should be able to. It is just your ability to receive aid that has been affected by the wound. Utilising the remnants of the spell she had cast earlier, she placed her hands toward the wound. Allowing the magic to flow through her, the blood flow would soon stop and the girl let up a sigh of relief.

"Much better, Thank the heavens you came. I rallied up these folk and was heading back to the ship when one of their men got me with a machete. I managed to take him out, but not before he slashed me." The girl told her, confirming her suspicions. "Have you seen either of the Ambassadors since we started?" She asked, wasting no time. The girl seemed to take a moment to think, before shaking her head. Amalie let out a frustrated grunt, standing once more. "Alright, I'll point you in the clearest route back to the ship, then I'll go rendevous with the others."

"My daughter! My daughter's still in the street somewhere. She got separated from us. Please we have to find her!" Cried one of the women standing nearby, it was clear from her face that she had been sobbing heavily. Amalie considered this new information, before nodding. "Alright, let's go look quick, and then you all have to head back to the ship. It's not safe for you to linger longer than you have to." Amalie moved back toward the entrance, leading the group back into the street. Carefully they moved, and Leslie would show Amalie which way they had come from. They stayed close to the wall of the building, trying not to moving to far out into open space. There ventured for a while, and the longer they walked, the more Amalie was coming to believe that they might not find the child. Until she heard her cry.

"HELP!!" The young girl's cry reached her ears, it was barely audible but loud enough from them to hear. The woman who had been next to Amalie would straighten suddenly, "SARAH!" She cried back, moving to run into the open street. Amalie grabbed her arm, pulling her back sharply. "GET OFF ME, I HAVE TO GO TO HER!" She woman spat angrily, trying to pull Amalie's grip from her arm.

"I'll go! You stay here, I'll bring her to you safely. I promise." She told the woman, before letting go and stepping out into the open road. The girls whimpering was loud, loud enough for Amalie to know which direction to move in. It seemed to be further than she expected, causing her to move out of the sight of the group. This was not good, being separated from them and so openly exposed. The risk was high, she would have to handle this quickly. Hastily she ran toward the sound, before catching sight of the child. She couldn't have been older than seven, with messy blonde hair that splayed over her shoulders, a dirty pink dress. The spitting image of the woman Amalie had left-back with the group, lying on the ground with her right leg trapped beneath what appeared to be a car that had been turned over. A consequence of the fighting no doubt. The girl sobbed hysterically at the sight of the Dies Irae mage, not sure whether to be scared or relieved. Amalie rushed over, kneeling over her.

"It's okay, it's okay. Hi, my name Amalie and I am going to help you okay. We'll get this off you and take you to your momma." She told her softly, placing her hand on the underside of the car's roof. She felt it's weight, it was far too heavy to lift on her own strength. "Okay Sarah, that's your name right? Sarah I'm going to use magic to lift this off you, but it might be a little rough for a moment okay. Can you be a strong girl for me Sarah?" She asked delicately, already anxiously prepared for the pain she would have to put this girl through to save her. But it was either put the leg under momentary pressure or amputate it. And if she could avoid the later, then all the better. Despite not being able to quell her tears, Sarah would nod. Amalie reached further under the car, twisting her palms upwards before casting the spell. "Globe." A ball of air would erupt from her fingers, filling with wind swiftly, the force of the air causing the car to lift upwards with enough force that it would rise of the left. Amalie used one hand to hold the car off the girl's leg, keeping the orb of wind magic in place, whilst grabbing the young girl around her waist with her other arm. Yanking the child out from under the car completely before dropping the vehicle onto the ground once more.

Balancing on her heels, Amalie scooped Sarah up into her arms properly before climbing to her feet. It was a much harder feat than it normally might have been, but there was no doubt that the girl's leg was broken. Carrying her was the only option she had. With excruciatingly painful steps she would dart back the way she came, moving toward the group that waited for her anxiously back over by the buildings. The girl's mother crying her name as soon as they came into view.

"COMMANDER LOOK OUT!" Soldier Potts would cry, pointing up to the rough of the nearest building. Amalie followed her gaze, seeing the impending threat she was facing. Crouched on the roof was a row of the enemies soldiers, all of which were currently lifting their bows to shoot. There was no time, this she knew. She could teleport about half the distance but they would still get her. She had no choice. She would turn her body away from the archers, tucking Sarah's head under her chin, and crouching down so that her body covered the child completely, just in time for the release of the deadly arrows. Her shield flickered around her weakly, before fizzling out into nothing. The poison that coursed through her preventing her from using her defensive magic. Which meant that there was no way for her to avoid the attack, she would just have to take them.

And so she did.

One by one the arrows slammed into her, the first one pierced her left shoulder, the next her lower back. A guttural cry left her as their hard iron tips tore through her flesh, drowned out by Sarah's terrified screams as she remained tucked under the woman. The pain was incredible, coupled with the wound, it took all of her strength to lower the girl softly the to ground. As the rain of arrows came to a cease, five of them had buried themselves into her back. Amalie's body would slump to the side, hitting the ground with a hard thud, her eyes rolling shut as everything went dark.

WC: 12,394 New Thread Total:  3,848
    Important Note: Amalie travels back into the City, finds the corpse of Sivvy's clone. Heads into town where she finds a group of civilians and a wounded DI soldier. Healing the soldier she sets to send them to the boats, but not before they find a woman's lost child. Amalie finds the girl, but on her way back to the group, she comes under fire from archers. Unable to dodge or defend, she protects the girl and takes the arrows herself before falling to the ground.

Important note: This is a plot moment that Joh, Iris and I have planned, so please don't disturb Amalie's body before either of them can get to it as we want a nice raw moment for them.

Dialogue: Amalie |  Anima

Nathaniel Stratford
    Nathaniel Stratford

Player 
    Lineage : Curse of the White Witch
    Experience : 25,849

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Inquisition
    Second Magic: Cheesecake
    Third Magic:

Post by Nathaniel Stratford 28th February 2021, 8:40 am

The journey towards the seemingly all-seeing tower Nathaniel had seen was rather eventful than he had hoped. Given the blast that tore open the city gates, the amount of otherworldly death greeting those that were still to come and even more death from within. Civilians, soldiers, bandits, death took anyone and everyone. Every step he took made him feel a bit weaker, his legs were shaking within his armor than provided some semblance of balance of stability to his outward appearance, that and of course the rage that was boiling inside of him. The evil he witnessed was one of the reasons he was with Dies Irae, that he was in his own personal crusade and such moments of resolve to his cause with cause step to be sure and stable whenever he felt his legs were about to give out from the innocent faces starring back at him, as if whispering to him questions of why they were so late to save them.

Apart from the usual scenery of death, semblance of life may be found as bandits were on patrol routes, trying to keep what little control they had of the city safe, and to report back for any enemy movement. Though little is their place in the enemy's ranks, and trivial their duty may be, one less bandit is always a blessing not only to their current mission but to Nathaniel's personal goal. Much like there was a patrol of three right in front of him right now approaching his direction. Immediately, he hid behind what remained of a wall. He ducked and kept a low profile as he tried to await for them to get close. They were fairly quiet, the bandits. Signifying that these people do not know anything of their higher ups' plans, not that it mattered anyway.

Once all three had passed by, Nat crept up from behind the one falling behind and stabbed him in the back. The other two looked back instantly to what happened to their comrade. In response, Nat pulled the weapon out and threw it at the one at Nat's right.  The last one tried to cut Nat's head off only to succeed in cutting off his ally's. Nat then pushed the headless corpse  towards the last bandit and made a run for his sword. Sliding towards it and from the kneeling position Nat found himself afterwards. The bandit tried to push the body away from him and when the brief distraction was done, he found himself stabbed with the same sword his allies fell to.

A fourth bandit came over and was immediately shocked. And such shock which caused him to gasp for air that alerted Nathaniel of his presence. They locked eyes for a bit before the enemy retreated to alert whoever he may find. Nat then threw a light-infused fireball at the man as there was no time to grab his sword and throw at him. And while it was satisfying to hear the man burn in holy fire, he shudder at thinking that somebody might've heard it, but on this city filled with the sounds of misery, combat, and explosions, he doubted that it will be recognized as one of the bandits'.

Moving on, Nat came across another patrolling band. This one however, showed what would have happened had the fourth reached the scouting trio. Apparently they were being recalled to a centralized location where they would consolidate their strength in preparation for a last stand. Nat's eyes looked down as he thought of his next moves carefully, except for the one he was about to do right now. From behind his cover, Nat leapt into action, sword held above his shoulder. The bandits saw this but were slow to react, one of them were already cleaved in half with such force that Nat's sword went all the way through and on the ground and the remaining were engulfed with flames the moment it did.

Now with some information to go on, Nat wanted to get to the tower more than ever. He sheathed his weapon and made a run for the reaming to distance towards his destination. Though he would come across a few more bandits trying to get to the center of town where they will make their stand, there were no more than a nuisance, a bonus objective to be completed while on his way.

Finally though he had arrived and though the tower did not provide that much view of the city's entirety, he now had a general idea of which direction events were happening, and the more destructive the sound was, the more powerful the entity responsible which makes it more likely that it was one of the commanders or ambassadors' doing. The area itself was very well intact. The bell still hung and the place kept clean. It was fortunate that there happened to be a table from which a pair of binoculars rested on. What he could see however was the battle between his master Sivvy and... his master Sivvy? Doppelgangers were something Nat was aware of and fortunately the magic used by the individuals made him discern who was who. And though it was only the tail-end of the battle he had witnessed, it was something to take note of.

Shortly thereafter, a voice would boom all throughout town, a command to release the kraken. Nat's mind would bring him back to the clearing at the forest. Of an aquatic creature's inky acidic fluids. He knew where he must go now, Nat thought as he looked towards the direction where he heard the voice; near the center of town. He knew where to go now and how to get there, so with a great leap, Nat jumped off the tower and onto the nearby rooftops to make a run and some jumps towards the city center.

On his way there however, about a couple of meters after his run, he noticed a couple of ambushers fire at down and from the sound of it, they struck a body. More innocents were being slaughtered and Nat couldn't let that stand. His personal crusade and already fiery rage got in the way and proceeded to instruct his body to go there. Fueled with further rage, righteous light glowed from him as his run was enhanced, making him faster, leaving a golden streak behind him. Nat drew his sword out with a battlecry and the archers turned to face him. All their heads were cut clean off however, as the momentum of Nat's speedy movement carried such force to consecutively decapitate their heads.

Nat then took a look at who they shot and bore witness to a horrific and maddening sight. One of their own, a commander whose name was West based from what little he knew of Dies Irae's hierarchy had arrows strike her body in defense of an innocent child. Nat wanted to go help. That perhaps if he healed her right now, he could still save her. He raised his left hand that had an orb glowing with golden light hovering above it. But Nat heard the sound of more ambushers headed this way, that perhaps knowing that it was a very important figure that had taken down. This made Nat hesitate. Looking back and forth between the body on the ground and the troops coming from the other side of structure he was on. Indeed, Nat was not confident of the speed he could heal her. In fact, he didn't even know if his magic would be able to mend such a strong body. No, this was not up to him, he thought as he sighed and thought it better to defend the body while someone went to find someone for this.

"Come on, guys! Call for help! Call someone! Anyone! Go! Go! Go!" he shouted to whichever Dies Irae soldier can hear him before leaping to the other side of the building where he held his blade in reverse as fell towards the enemy at the vanguard, stabbing him dead and rolling away from them a few inches to cushion the fall.

Standing in clear defiance in front of multiple enemies, Nat swung his sword to be held properly with his right hand as the golden orb that was meant to heal now had streaks of flame writhing around it for it was now meant to harm. "You will not disturb that body no further than your band of villains already have." he announced. It didn't stop them though as the found confidence in their numbers and proceeded to charge at Nat. He then clutched the hand with orb into a fist, consuming the orb and letting its power wash over Nat's body and onto the area surrounding him, burning the first few that charged at him. However, seeing as their comrades weren't dead yet, even more charged at Nat while he waited for them to get closer before waving his left hand over and above his head which made a crown float over him. Enemies on the consecrated area were engulfed with fiercer flames that brought them near-death. Now grasping the situation and fearing for their lives, the bandits took a moment to halt and actually think. Something Nat thought they were incapable of doing but brought a smile on his face nonetheless. For their stalling only gives whoever will help the ability to arrive on time as he held his sword towards them but not so much as to taunt them to come.

WC: 1,592
    Nat: 2,323
    Thread: 13,986

Prologue: Kenrojima and the Kraken - Page 3 Nat_siggy
    Exp to next rank:

#DDB649

Current date/time is 28th March 2024, 11:43 am