• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Heated Misunderstandings(job)

Haraka Omaras
    Haraka Omaras

Main Account- Dragon VIP Status- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Dragon Slayer- Unknown Powerhouse- Achiever- Halloween job event participant - Character Application Approved!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Player 
    Lineage : Sea Dragon
    Position : None
    Guild : Onyx Moon
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 22,693

Character Sheet
    First Magic:
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Heated Misunderstandings(job) Empty Heated Misunderstandings(job)

Post by Haraka Omaras on 19th July 2019, 8:38 am

Black

Haraka Omaras

Spoiler:
    Job approval on page 26, post n°636.
    The morning didn't feel all that cool, but it wouldn't remain this way. The weather would be sweltering later on, but this wasn't exactly the most shocking news in the world. It was summer, a time where the heat was supposed to be in the weather. It didn't help that Haraka had never been good with warm weather in the first place, being so well adapted to freezing temperatures. The west fiore trading company member had woken very early, the normal start of his day. This lead to showering, including the deep cleaning and brushing of their long ink black hair. This was of course followed by drying off and getting dressed. Breakfast was made, along with food that would make work easier. Hunger wasn't a laughing matter for a person that's demon side became more active and aggressive just by the sensation coming near. It is for that reason that the man had never fully experienced hunger, a fear of the promised consequences. With how unbearable it felt to be near hunger, it would be impossible to remain stable. This way why the food for break time and after work stuffed in the mans bag were foods that could be handled without plates or silverware. Breakfast consisted of himself and William eating. The young clam wasn't feeling well, which made sense. It was the babies first summer, so of course they weren't automatically going to be the best in handling the heat. Autumn would be kinder to both of them, but he would need to make clothing for the little child in preparation for cold weather. Until then, they both ate breakfast. The babysitter arrived as the elder Omaras finished washing the dishes. With that settled he went to work at the nearby hospital.

There was a certain amount of repetition within the randomness that gave comfort. It made an every changing life feel more stable and secure. This was important for a certain someone who lived thousands of years with little change to their routine. So off the young looking man went to work after making sure his bag was full, making sure everything would be okay, then saying goodbye to William. The hospital wasn't especially busy during his shift, or maybe it just didn't feel that way? There was no emergency and no rush. His shift ending during the hottest time of the day during summer left for briefly feeling engulfed within heated weather. Haraka wanted to escape, but none of the food items or drink he packed would be cold enough to pull that off. The well sized bag hadn't exactly been sitting in a freezer when he had been working. This was how the pale ice blue skinned person ended up wondering on the docks and sucking in steamed buns stuffed with corn, squash, beans, cheese, chives, garlic, tomatoes, lettuce, and peppers. It tasted a bit like a meatless taco in a bun, only juicy. The bread rolls themselves that had this filling had been baked, having many thin, crisp buttery layers before the filling. The brea d wasn't thick, but it was thick enough to hold everything in. There was more food in the giant white bag that hung over one shoulder, but for now this was what he was eating. One by one he chatted with different merchants, catching up on a few day to day things. It might not make sense to a stranger why someone without wealth had so many connections, or why some merchants had to practically stuff items in his bag to accept invitations to events, food items, and drinks.

The food items weren't the cheapest, some weren't even officially released to the public yet, along with the drinks. The invitations were to social events that could help someone who was looking for connections to be able to make many of them. Many people would fight for these sort of items, he was talked into accepting them as they were forcefully shoved into his bag. To Haraka and the merchants it was a family like friendship, but such a connection wasn't well known, nor public. This didn't change ho easy it was to tell Omaras had many connections, even if he wasn't someone who stood out all that well. The doctor dressed well, but he was also in his guild uniform. He stopped snacking after catching up, the dreary minded mans long talons tapping against an ice cold melon drink that had been shoved into his bag minutes before by one of the merchant friends of his. The tapping continued a bit, before it was lifted from within the bag. Instead of drinking it, the half demon slid it behind his neck to help his body cool down. There was a sigh of relief that escaped him.
    "It's strange to think how many of them remember I fair badly in this sort of weather." It was nice.

The Blood of death kept me breathing. From that fluid birthed a new rhythm.

Words: 818

_____________________________________________________________________________________

[Harakas Bank] [Profile] [Ulhar Relgim] [Ice Dragon Slayer(2nd Gen)] [Second Heart] [Sea Dragon] [Characters Theme Song]
    Heated Misunderstandings(job) SnakeWeaver
    Shadowofaformerself
    Shadowofaformerself

Player 
    Lineage : Phoenix Fire
    Experience : 0

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Frozen Heart
    Second Magic: N/A
    Third Magic: N/A

Heated Misunderstandings(job) Empty Re: Heated Misunderstandings(job)

Post by Shadowofaformerself on 21st July 2019, 9:03 am

It was decently cool in the room that Tomura slept in and called his own. Then again, his body temperature was slightly cooler than the average person- it was one of the many perks of his frozen heart magic, which kind of transformed him into an iceman. However, even his naturally colder body wouldn't completely save him from the blazing heat of the summer sun. As a new member of the West Fiorie Trading company, Tomura decided to wake up early and started his day. Tomura first manner of business was to place on his workout clothes and work out in the gym- for about thirty minutes to an honor, which would then be followed by a shower. When he was done with the shower, Tomura would then dry off and place on his uniform or work outfit. Today, Tomura wore a white suit, with an arctic blue button-up shirt, alongside a white tie, and a pair of black combat boots. He completed his outfit by wearing a long white overcoat, with a fur collar, over his shoulders. When he was dressed, Tomura would brush his teeth and make his to the mess hall to find something to eat. Not really liking breakfast foods or meat first thing in the morning, Tomura decided to be a bit unhealthy and have a nice bowl of vanilla-flavored ice-cream, when he was done, he brushed his teeth again.  With his morning retinue done and over with, Tomura was free to do whatever he wanted. Well, that was almost true, as a new member of the West Fiorie Trading company there was sure to be work. He firmly believed that he wouldn’t be much help, at least at this moment in time. Tomura hated to admit that he wasn’t as powerful as some of the other guild members, and well from that small observation, Tomura noticed two things that he needed to do. First, he needed to become strong, which could easily be done with more training. Secondly, he needed to make more connections around the guild, which could be done by being more sociable.

A great way to solve both problems would be by finding a mentor, someone who he could learn from and become stronger, while at the same time forming connections with. It would be even better if this mentor had a lot of connections that Tomura could potentially 'inherit'. The question that Tomura had to ask himself was, who would want to mentor him. The best way to discover a mentor, or so Tomura thought, would simply be by exploring and observing the area. He started by getting more acquainted with the guildhall and chatted with some of the receptionist. Tomura asked them about the area, any interesting locations to checkout, and then ended the conversation with a ‘thank you’.  He found the conversation with the receptionist to be rather basic and boring, but it was a start at making connections with people in the guild. The guilds reputation was one of the main reasons why he joined the Company, their status as a business intrigued Tomura. Other guilds seemed to be too informal, strict or hypocritical for Tomura's taste- that and he couldn't see himself agreeing with their goals and aspirations. The West Fiore Trading Company was a guild that Tomura could get behind, from what Tomura could tell they weren't radical in their beliefs, unlike the legal or dark guilds. As he went outside, Tomura immediately felt the blazing sun beat down on his pale skin. He cursed the summer heat, which caused him to break out in a cold sweat and made his way to the market. Despite the blistering heat, Tomura realized that making connections with the merchants would be very useful. Merchant were people with goods and money- two things that could benefit Tomura. While he was attempting to make connections with the merchants, Tomura couldn’t help but notice a pale man speaking fondly with the merchants and being handed free stuff. This man was essentially what Tomura wanted to become, and after further observation, he noticed that they were in the same guild.

Wiping the sweat off his forehead a smirk formed across Tomura’s handsome face. If he could convince this man to become his mentor, then he could potentially adopt his connections. Tomura decided to take a leap of faith and follow this man to the docks, which could have been an unwise decision, but he was itching to learn who this person was. It was obvious that this man held many connections within Tolgalen and if this stranger could train him, well that should get him far into the guild. Tomura followed the stranger and realized that he was completely human. After watching him for a while, Tomura decided to initiate conversation. As the stranger was cooling himself off by sliding a cold melon on the back of his neck, Tomura approached him. 
    “I am glad to see that I am not the only one suffering in this horrible heat” He paused for a moment, “Did you steal that stuff?”

WC: 849

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Heated Misunderstandings(job) Tumblr_mhraj9xaO61r72ht7o1_500

Theme:

Haraka Omaras
    Haraka Omaras

Main Account- Dragon VIP Status- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Dragon Slayer- Unknown Powerhouse- Achiever- Halloween job event participant - Character Application Approved!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Player 

Character Sheet
    First Magic:
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Haraka Omaras on 23rd July 2019, 1:06 pm

Black

Haraka Omaras

The doctors eyes moved to look at the new stranger that spoke his way. They looked to be part of the same guild, the uniform being a head give away. At least an accusation of stealing was better than threatening ones life. The mixed blood had heard far worse accusations aimed in his direction for less reasons. At least this likely wasn't just related to him being part demon. Large and very stuffed bags could look suspicious for a non merchant to carry near the docks. This is why the pale ice blue skinned person didn't feel the least bothered. He gave a gentle smile. The youth probably just didn't know better, that was alright. "Don't ask thieves if they've stolen something unless you want immediate trouble, I would already be gone if I was one." Each word was spoken gently with a soft and smooth voice. It could end up as a good distraction from the summer heat to teach them a bit of the basics when it came to watching out. The young looking man kept the cold drink behind his neck, feeling as calm as ever. "The best thieves also typically either move fast enough from the crime to not be suspected, or dress in ways that allow them to blend in. People who stand out more, like myself actually have to behave extra well in public because we can't blend in with any crowds." His mind finished what the man dare not say out loud. There was at no point during talking that he got upset, there was no need to. Hopefully the young man learned something new. His hand that wasn't busy reached into his bag, pulling more of the crispy bread snack. Sharp teeth easily chewed on the small foods tossed within. Would he eat all of them before moving on to the next thing? Maybe, maybe not.

Would he tell a complete stranger everything in his bag? He could, but no. Draconian demonic blended teeth tended to not find salsa like stuffed snacks much of a challenge.
    "This isn't the worse weather in the world, just peak summer weather. For this reason I wouldn't call the heat that bad, let alone horrible. It does have a bad affect on me, but I'm a mix of things that existed in far colder weather." This wasn't the hottest that summer could get, nor was it unusual for the time of year this was. Still, the idea of leaving the docks or a more secluded area sounded nice. This person may have been a stranger, but they were still. a fellow guild member. If he remained around here too much longer, he might end up with even more gifts of concern. Why did it even have to be this way? The man sighed at the thought."My names Haraka Omaras, would you like to get away from the docks and get to know each other a bit? There's plenty of quiet and secluded places near by where I can make a lot of good food very quick. I promise some of it will be cold, including drinks." There we go, this seemed like a fine idea. It could be a nice way to get to know someone not yet known to him. Maybe they could go to his home after eating a little bit and he could check on William. The man trusted the babysitter, but it was the first time the clam had ever been sick. Still, the sitter might get upset if he just rushed over right after work. Making full food and not just eating snack food sounded good, so did company and conversation.

Words: 610
    Total: 1,428

[Harakas Bank] [Profile] [Ulhar Relgim] [Ice Dragon Slayer(2nd Gen)] [Second Heart] [Sea Dragon] [Characters Theme Song]
    Shadowofaformerself
    Shadowofaformerself

Player 
    Lineage : Phoenix Fire
    Experience : 0

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Frozen Heart
    Second Magic: N/A
    Third Magic: N/A

Post by Shadowofaformerself on 24th July 2019, 9:56 am

The ice mage stared down onto the stranger with a gentle smile and an emotionless gaze. The stranger was right about thieves, however, Tomura didn’t believe that the other man was a thief. No, Tomura accused him in order to directly address his relationship with the merchants. That and he was testing the stranger’s temper and getting a feel for his personality. The stranger seemed to be a patient and decent man, at least those are the vibes that Tomura got from his smile. “Your right, accusing a thief of being a thief would start conflict and seeing that you are still here, you must not be a thief” Tomura nodded his head in agreement and stuck his hands into his pant’s pocket, and took a long deep breath. The moisture in his breath was condensed into tiny droplets of water, and it appeared as a misty cloud. “I guess I should apologize then, for accusing you of something that you are not. Yes?”  he honestly didn’t like how this stranger was teaching him about the nature of thieves. When he was younger, he had a grown-up in the slums of a bad town, where everyone was poor. He knew how thieves acted; he didn’t need to be educated on the nature of thieves. However, Tomura didn’t allow his annoyances to get the best of him and he remained calm without his frustration. “Sometimes people start conversations with an accusation, to get an understanding of someone’s nature and temper.” It was now time for Tomura to teach the stranger about social manipulation. “If I truly thought of you as a thief, would I have wasted my time with words? I would have simply frozen you and got it done and over with” he pointed out and continue his gentle smile, he yawned and wave the conversation aside. 

Tomura decided that he would move onto the other conversation at hand, he shifted his gaze onto the sea and the horizon. “Summer is without a doubt the worst time of the year, at least for me.” He paused for a moment and cast a curious gaze onto the stranger. It was obvious that this mysterious man was not human, you didn’t have to be a super genius to understand that. Tomura wondered what the stranger meant by ‘being a mix of things that existed in far cold weather’ What exactly was he? That would be a question Tomura would ask later when he has gotten to know the stranger better. Until then it would be utterly rude to ask him what he was exactly, and Tomura would never sink himself to such levels. “Like you, I prefer the cold temperatures, then again, my body is naturally colder than most people, seeing that I can transform my body into ice at will. I guess you can call me an ‘iceman’.” He said thoughtfully and casually shrugged his shoulders. Tomura was quietly surprised that the stranger, known as Haraka, had offered him some food and a chance to get to know one another. “My name is Tomura Momochi, it is nice to meet you Haraka Omaras, very well a cool place sounds nice. Where and what do you have in mind?” Tomura asked softly, he wasn’t really worried about this safety. Mostly, because they were part of the same guild and he doubted any guild members would harm one another. Then again he could be wrong, but whatever the case, Tomura was willing to take the risk. He offered Haraka a hand, to help him get up. “After you, sir” 

WC: 597
    Total WC: 1,446

Heated Misunderstandings(job) Tumblr_mhraj9xaO61r72ht7o1_500

Theme:

Haraka Omaras
    Haraka Omaras

Character Sheet
    First Magic:
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Haraka Omaras on 27th July 2019, 6:10 pm

Black

Haraka Omaras

Haraka shook his head gently. So far it seemed like the youth was a bit brash, but he could be wrong. The mixed blood wasn't really the type to rush and jump towards assumptions, nor act on them. It was easy to get used to things normally turning out certain ways, or certain types of personalities. He didn't want to be that way, for he felt that it was those sorts of people that had the hardest times changing with the times. In any case that sounded less like an apology and more of that this person knew he should apologize before saying a reason for doing it. Was this attitude? Might be an age issue. Omaras had a tendency to sound his age without actually looking it. This can bother a few people for a number of reasons. Honestly some would still be bothered even if they were fully aware of his age. Not everyone wants to listen to a boring plain old man ramble on about things that the youthful don't always find all that useful. At least the doctor was self aware? It meant he was less likely to get bothered when someone started fussing, though it wasn't impossible to bother him. Yona was probably a good way to test how easily it was to get on someones nerves, unless she doesn't do things like that anymore? Times really do change. Honestly though, a big reason why the young looking man wasn't phased was due in part to just not taking the person all that serious. There was just no reason to take this young man all that seriously yet. "I'm not sure starting with an accusations a good way to judge others. It doesn't tell you why someone reacts a certain way towards an accusation, only that it happened. The reaction could reflect their present or past. It can be very difficult to change your reaction towards certain situations once it's deeply ingrained through daily routine, training, or torture."

All of this was spoken with the same calm and gentle voice in the soft and quiet tones. Yes, how one reacted towards situations wasn't entirely due to personality, nature, or temper. Sometimes it reflected how the outside world had warped their views into a person that didn't feel, think, see, or otherwise believe in the same way. Life never cared what you think or feel and there were certainly no shortage of people ready to stamp their views onto others. Not agreeing with the concept of people having to go through certain things didn't stop or change anything though. Even if the half dragon did his best for as long as the west fiore trading company remained in existence it still wouldn't be enough to stop those things from happening all together. It was a nice feeling to do good, but there was no delusion of being a wondrous world changing hero here. The freezing comment was slightly disturbing to the mixed blood, but he had met far too many people who would react dismissively or negatively towards questioning something that could be seen as a moral issue. It might be better to finish explaining what he was saying before. What was a good way of explaining how things tended to be deeper and more complicated than a simple top layer? The answer to that was as simple as sweets, like the grape drink being used to cool the neck. To those who didn't understand his relationship with the merchants, he likely wouldn't be seen as being expected to do anything in return. Yes, this might be an example that was simple enough to work.

A pale ice blue skinned hand moved the refreshing cool object from behind the neck, holding it out enough to be visible. It was time to start moving too.
    "An example of that would be something like this drink." But it might not be good to explain this in front of the merchants. This was something that wasn't meant to be spoken of on  the docks where anyone might hear. You don't reveal trade secrets to anyone and everyone out in the open, if you do that than others would definitely loose their respect for you. He sighed at the annoying thought before tucking the drink away in his large bag, closing the large object up after. "I will explain the rest once we get somewhere else. Somewhere with trees and few people should be a good place. What I make will be a bit of a surprise, just know that it will involve cold foods and drinks coupled with many textures and flavors." There was more walking, the want to talk in an area where he can be more open without suffering any consequences. He was sure some of the merchants might have already got the wrong idea, maybe even assuming he had taken on a student for once in his life. It might seem that way since it was likely clear to the experienced that he was going to teach a few trade tips once away from the hustle and bustle of things. "Everyone has their own thoughts and feelings. My uncle taught me that every season was equally important, even ones we might not find pleasant. The cycles of seasons help animals grow and change through the generations.

Generations get to change because of both new life and new death. I personally find that a beautiful thought, so I can never bring myself to think or speak ill of a season." But he was also a strange person whos uncle figure in question was a wind spirit that was one of deaths breaths. A spirit that held no gender or name that didn't care what they were called was, nor what was used to address them. Most people didn't have a close relationship to spirits, let alone the type that were typically viewed as forbidden and dangerous. He was raised by three spirits after his parents died. Haraka would love to pretend that it didn't affect him, but that would be a complete lie. "May I ask how you ended up capable of turning into ice? If it's alright."

Words: 1,031
    Total: 2,459

Current date/time is 14th October 2019, 9:53 pm