Birthday: 07/01 (1st of July)
Special Characteristics: A single labret stud piercing positioned at the center of her lower lip.
- The Character:
- Most people see Belladonna Black as a dangerous miscreant, a heterodox thinker who wishes to topple the organized system of things. Frankly, she cares very little to dissuade that line of thought, for, if one is feared, they are avoided for the most part, right? Her deviant look is actually very deliberate, because Belladonna does not want anyone to seek her for favors just because she looks like a nice person. So, to the outside world, Belladonna is seen as an indifferent soul, who only takes interest in potential experimental candidates, and otherwise derives pleasure in being a public menace.
Only a fragment of this is true.
The young woman known as Belladonna Black has what can be termed a “Mafia Mentality”. She is loyal to a fault to her guild and those she can call her friends, and she is loyal to no one else. She is ready to go all out and do whatever it takes to protect her family, and can cross a lot of moral lines in the process. And while she does feel regret sometimes, she will never show it. She does not actively go out of her way to betray, but she does not expect anyone to assume that she can be relied upon by them, if they are not in her circle. For the most part, she does not care what happens to the rest of the world, though she is not completely apathetic to the needs of others. Since she does not help out just anyone who asks for it, she strikes people off as whimsical, a woman who just helps the needy when she feels like. But no, she is more calculated than that. Her heart is most open to the oppressed and those who feel unjustly treated, yet she does not make it a habit to help them all.
Now, herein lies a paradox in her way of thinking: Belladonna seeks to make the world a better place by her actions. However, she believes that the “good” are unable to delve into some things because of their convictions. It is therefore up to her, and people like her, to be the “bad guys” for the sake of everyone else. To her, “the end justifies the means”, in some cases. And thus, we see a sense of justice in an otherwise villainous streak.
Belladonna is not completely unconcerned with the cares of others. She is an avid fighter and protector of the unjustly treated and downtrodden, when she discovers that the oppressor is a leader that is expected to protect and care for the people. Such a leader is one of the worst kinds of trash the world has ever invented, and Belladonna has no scruples in dispatching them, usually in a macabre way. She does not really take pride or joy in killing, but she will not hesitate to cut down anyone who comes at her with killing intent. She also thinks of herself as a renegade judge, jury and executioner and can engage in mass murders without the slightest qualm, as long as she is convinced they are deserving of death. By her book, people directly and indirectly involved in heinous crimes may well face the same sentence.
Belladonna does not like autocratic leadership, where all the power is vested in a single individual who cannot be challenged. She also has very little regard for laws, and will only put up with them as long as it is convenient for her. Interestingly, she seems to respect those with altruistic and noble behavior, but she claims that such ideals are beyond a woman such as herself. She has little issues with law enforcers, except when they come for her, in which case she will defend herself with the same measure of animosity meted out against her. Of course, the very moment a law is to her distaste, or is inconvenient, Belladonna will disregard it and do her own thing.
You would think that such a woman as Belladonna Black would be highly disorganized, but no, she is quite deliberate in her actions and dealings. This shows in her living and work spaces, which are well thought out and well arranged. Her claim is that she only does this because it is more difficult to find an item in a messy place. She is always interested in knowing more, learning more, pushing past her limits and acquiring new levels of power. To her, power is a tool that changes the weak to the strong and delivers them from oppression. So, of course, she always tries to improve herself through two handles: training, and research.
Research. This is one of the things that makes Belladonna more emotional. She always wants to know more about the workings of the universe, esoteric knowledge and the “anatomy of the soul”. She becomes openly excited when she comes in contact with a potential test subject, and can abduct people for her experiments. Interestingly enough, she will never capture a person who does not “deserve” to be punished, but will instead try to inveigle them into volunteering themselves. She takes care to return them unharmed, but cannot promise the same for those who deserve death, according to her. In fact, many of such people are never seen again, in the land of the living. Due to events of her past, she is very interested in discovering the differences between those who are called “gods”, and the ones termed “demons”, with an underlying belief that they all stemmed from a pretty much human primordial template.
Belladonna Black is cordial to anyone she chooses to interact with, and that includes her enemies. She has a sort of warrior’s respect for anyone she clashes with, and tends to keep her cool, even when things are turning against her. She is a graceful winner (who will not mock a defeated foe) and an honorable loser (who admits defeat when she has lost, unless her life depends on it, in which she will fight to her last drop of blood). However, an enemy who is considered repulsive or boastful will likely earn a taste of her sharp tongue. Despite her battle honor, Belladonna is not above throwing jibes at a person who she feels can easily lose their cool, in order to give her an opening to exploit. Most of the time, she chides them after this, and advises them to stay calm in combat. She likes to plan before going into things, preferring to approach a battle with a tactic in mind, as opposed to shooting from the hip. She believes that her superiors are her betters, and her underlings are her responsibility, which makes her a dependable and respectful follower, and a considerate leader, although she will not pamper her subordinates, but will push them to be at their best.
- Experiments: Knowledge is power. Science is key to obtaining this power. Belladonna believes that almost everything can be explained by science, and seeks to use it to probe into the deeper meaning of things. Thus, she carries out elaborate tests and experiments on subjects that pique her interest, and fall into her hands.
- Knowledge: As said above, knowledge is power. The more you know, the more of an edge you have. This is her belief, and she hopes to know quite much about everything, if that is possible. She is rather curious, and is keenly interested in esoteric knowledge. Be that as it may, she is all too well aware of the dangers that forbidden knowledge holds.
- Spicy food: It’s her natural preference. Belladonna likes spicy food.
- Sweet food: Same as above. Besides, sweet stuff taste nice.
- Training and Combat: A key to getting better, Belladonna takes every form of training with utmost importance. Combat is like a form of training, but it offers the added bonus of pitting oneself against more unpredictable odds. So, yes, Belladonna likes fighting.
- Demons: Belladonna has had a dark history with these beings, who she considers to be destructive, wanton, self seeking, evil, brutal, crude and irreverent. Most of them despise humans, anyway, so there is no love lost there.
- Gods: Belladonna believes the gods are a scam. If they can be afraid of mortals, or even killed by their worshippers, how can they call themselves gods? They are just phonies who were entitled to some great power, and now feel they are important. Besides, many of them are neither even good nor benign, so what separates them from demons?
- Tyrants: Most of them are greedy, fat, oppressive and useless, and care nothing for the people they are meant to protect. Death to them!
- Coffee: It’s bitter! Ugh! Belladonna doesn’t really favor bitter stuff.
- Fish: No. The taste; it’s... fishy.
- Power: Belladonna wants to get stronger to be able to rise above oppression, and so that she can protect her loved ones from being harmed, and bring oppression to an end, wherever she can.
- The Anatomy of the Unhuman Soul: She wants to know what makes gods so different from demons, beside the basic mind sets of their worshippers, and their behaviors, as she feels that they stem from a common source. So, if they did come from one place, what happened to change them?
- Secrets of the Universe: She desires to learn more about the workings of things, and unravel the secrets of the universe, of the soul, and of magic.
- Grand Archives: Belladonna wants to have a repository of knowledge so vast that virtually every subject can be studied there. Perhaps one of these days, she might secretly establish a magic school.
- The Birth of the Anathema: Belladonna fears that she will become that which she hates: a goddess, entitled and apathetic to everything around her, or a demon hell-bent on destruction.
- The Oppressor: There might be someone out there, someone too powerful for her, who would enslave her and torment her till the end of her days. Belladonna fears this, and seeks to get stronger as a result.
- Imbecilophobia: Belladonna believes that her mind is her greatest weapon, and is afraid that something might happen one day that would rob her of this powerful tool. In essence, she is afraid of becoming mentally impaired. The thought fills her with dread. Wait, “Imbecilophobia” is a word, right?
- Perdition: In as much as Belladonna seems not to care about being on the wrong side of alignment, she does all this for a better Earthland. And if that dream should come to pass, and there is no more need for her dark deeds, surely, she should be given a chance at restoration, right? This fear of being denied redemption churns in the deepest recesses of her mind.
Height: Five feet on the dot
Weight: 105 pounds
Skin Tone: Light olive
- The Looks:
- The young woman known as Belladonna Black is shorter than the average female, but still rather eye-catching in various respects. She has a waist-long mane of royal purple hair, which tends to look like it resists all forms of brushing. Although it does give her a mildly disheveled look, it serves to add a sort of “unruly” charm to her persona. Calm, deep-emerald green eyes, framed by long eyelashes, peer out from beneath thin, slightly arched eyebrows. Her eyes give off a sense of idle passivity, a sort of bored disinterest that make people consider her as snobbish, or vacant... however, when something piques her interest, these eyes flash to life with emotion. Having a mischievous twinkle or an indifferent glare, there is some sort of property about her eyes, something deep, which makes people feel they could drown in those deep seas of emerald. Her nose is small and best described as a “button nose”, and her mouth is small with full lips. A lazy smile often stretches out her mouth, and while observers comment that it adds to her charm, there are others who have claimed that such smiles look “predatory” at times. When the entirety of her facial features are taken into consideration, they make her look rather cute. This is more or less offset by the lower lip piercing she sports with pride. One can easily say she fits a more delinquent role by her appearance.
Belladonna has a well formed body, with a light olive skin tone, a complexion that can be termed “lightly sun kissed”. Her limbs are proportionate and limber, her waist is slim, and her hips wide, giving her a clear hour-glass shape. She has been often labelled as “having all the curves in the right places”. She could be a model, according to some, if she wasn’t that short. Her stature does not make her look squat, like many of her height tend to look, but more elfin and petite. Her body doesn’t seem to have any well-defined muscles, making her look all soft and mild... and that is a very misleading characteristic. She moves with a gentle, easy, feminine grace that only seems to add to her delicacy.
Although this is less about sight and more about hearing, it can be included here that Belladonna has a soft, breathy voice that is a little on the low side.
- The Threads:
- In the way of clothing, Belladonna has different outfits for different occasions. Her “regular” outfit, the one she is often seen in (missions and other outdoors stuff) is a black “strapless sports bra” that exposes her shoulders and the entirety of her abdomen. She wears a pair of dark green combat pants that sit a bit low on her hips. On her feet, she wears black sandals with two-inch high heels. Her pants are secured by a thick belt that holds two holsters at her hips. On her hands, she wears fingerless gloves that extend up to her lower arms. Over this outfit, Belladonna wears a jacket that very much resembles a haori, but she doesn’t tuck her arms into its sleeves. Rather, it hangs on her shoulders, and is held from falling off her body by a small golden chain that connects the plackets of the jacket at a position at her collarbone. The haori style jacket is pure-white in color, with purple designs that resemble flames leaping upwards from its bottom. She often removes the jacket, when she wants to engage in serious combat.
At home, she is found in various outfits, all of them tending towards simple and mid-riff revealing. Pants, shorts... but hardly ever skirts. In fact, Belladonna is rarely seen in skirts. When at work in the laboratory, or on some other experiment, she wears a jumpsuit or a lab coat. To sleep, she wears simple pajamas.
- The Accessories:
- Belladonna does not wear much jewelry or other accessories on her body, save for a select “important” few: her lower lip stud piercing (which she believes is for “passing across a message”), a simple golden ring attached to a thick black thread which is tied around her neck, and a pair of half-rimmed glasses, which she is almost always seen wearing. Her earrings are simple, usually small hoops or studs.
Guild: Errings Rising
Tattoo: Of a dark purple hue, located on her right hip.
Link to Character Change Approval: This.
Last edited by Digit on 15th August 2019, 8:23 am; edited 2 times in total