• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Masks On

Arsene Mayura
    Arsene Mayura

VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Player 
    Lineage : Gingerbread Man
    Position : None
    Guild : Hidden Blades
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : Artenis Dagger
    Experience : 1,693.75

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Reflection
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Masks On

Post by Arsene Mayura on 15th February 2019, 2:46 pm

The Job:
    Job: The Masked Guild
    Player Requirements: A-Ranked Wizard(s) or above, or 2 B-Ranked Wizards 350 word per post requirement. Thread must be at least 40 posts long.

Job Requirements:
    Stop the Mysterious "Masked Guild" from destroying Clover Town and reaching the Guild Masters Hall too start some real trouble! They've been bothering Clover Town for about a week now, and are now attempting to ransack the town on their way towards the Guild Masters Hall to steal sensitive documents and records for their own ends! Must defeat either "The Golden Legion" or "The Golden Sword of the Masked Guild" too cause the entire Masked Guild too retreat from Clover Town and abandon their mission.

Job Location: Clover Town

Job Description: In usually lucid Clover Town, everything has been thrown into an uproar as a guild, known as the "Masked Guild" has appeared and harassed the town for the past week. They've been attempting too gain access to the Guild Masters hall while session is not in progress in an attempt too get their hands on some sensitive plans too come, and records from the past. Who knows what it is they want, the location of where certain folk were sent for imprisonment? The next moves of the Legal Guilds? Only they know their own true motives. Who they are and who they serve is a mystery, and they're not talking. They are drapped in all black, with the exception of their masks which are an errie gold, in contrast too the all black attire, complete with cloaks that cover everything underneath their wearing from shoulder too below the knee.

Enemies:
    Weak:
    Masked Initiate x10 (Not nearly as strong as the other members of the Masked Guild, they wear silver masks and attempt too surround their opponents due too their lack of raw skill and force. They come wielding spears, in all black cloaks with their silver masked hiding their features. They will attempt too surround their targets and destroy them quickly with their spears. They will go down with anything above B-Ranked hitting them and even C-Ranked magic will do above average damage. Roll "2 Damage die" per Masked Initiate Attacking you.

Normal: Golden Apprentices x5 (True members of the "Masked Guild", and wizards, their black cloaks and gold masks are symbolic. They wield large scimitars that allow them with their wide girth too swing them in a good area with each swipe. Roll "2 Damage Die" for each of their attacks. They have the ability too leap vast distances with a Telekinetic Jump. They will go down in 5 hits of B-Ranked or above damage, and 10 hits of C-Ranked damage. Anything below this won't do all that much damage too them, but it will still be effective somewhat. We're talking 20 hits of D-Ranked damage if you want too go that far.)

Strong: The Gold Legion x5 (Wizards of the Guild, and higher ranked members of the "Masked Guild", they come wielding mighty bo staffs, tipped with gold and white rings welded into them that make clanging noises as they march. They specialize in Earth-Make, and Earth Manipulation magic. Their spells consist of slamming their staffs into the ground, and causing reactions from the earth, such as pillars rising from beneath their opponents, the ground splitting apart and creating 20 foot canyons for opponents too fall in, causing groups of 10 foot long and wide rocks too slice from the ground and levitate in the area before sending them slamming into their opponents. Their golden masks and black attire match perfectly with their golden staff and white and gold rings at the top. Their Earth magic deals A-Ranked damage and they roll "4 Damage Die" when casting any ability. Wind Magic will help you by redirecting a lot of their Earth attacks, and being able too float when the ground splits under you doesn't hurt either. Also if you're launched into the air by a pillar from underneath you, Wind will sure come in handy in mid-air. Takes 15 hits of B-Ranked damage or higher too bring them down, as they will defense themselves with Earth Magic, and Earth Walls at every turn.

Boss: The Golden Sword of the Masked Guild (Standing in a completely gold cloak, and gold mask. Is their leader. He wields a gigantic, two handed scimitar of seemingly gold, with silver runic writing etched throughout it. He is a Requip wizard. He has three forms. The first, is golden armor, sparkling and thick platemail. The golden helmet glitters with a thin vision slit in it and wings. His gigantic scimitar remains in this form. His second form is similar golden plate mail, but it's seems more behemoth like with four golden wings that allow him too fly, as they flap constantly. The third and final form is Bushido like golden armor, etched here and there with silver. His weapon becomes a Katana, and his helmet is pure shinobi style, with a crescent golden moon sideways on top, and a mask of silver upon the face. He rolls "5 Damage Die" for A-Ranked Damage in his normal form with the gold cloak, gold mask, and single Zweihander scimitar. He rolls "6 Damage Die" A-Ranked, in the second, four winged form of his armor. He rolls "10 Damage Die" of S-Ranked damage in the final, Bushido Form of his armor after he Requips. His katana is blazing fast, and can Reflect Spells if he rolls a successful block against one of your spells. He requips through the forms at a shuffle every 5 posts, or into flying form if his enemies are aerial. He gets "5 Block Die" automatically each round. It takes a whopping 30 hits of B-Ranked damage or higher too bring this golden armored, requipping behemoth of a knight too his knees.)

Reward: 25,000 Jewels, and Renowned Fame Within Clover Town.

"Thank you, thank you! Really, it's been a splendid show, all of you. I'm afraid I'm out of material for today, so I'll have to make my way. You're donations are really appreciate; it's what allows me to eat so I can be here tomorrow. I hope to see many of you here again, so I can show you what other secrets I have!" With a small bow and to minor applause, 'Leon' Mayura finished his street show. Packed up and with the donations safely put away, he made his way through the street towards the back alley. The show went great today, as normal. No mistakes, a generous take for himself, and a decent amount of applause throughout. Usually, Arsene wouldn't stage performances when he had a job scheduled, but he did an early one today to scout for that job. All the while, whilst entertaining the crowds, he was spotting and counting the amount of targets. At least, however many were mingling and hiding with the populace. So far, he had counted at least 15 in the last half hour, the highest number all day. So, they were getting ready to go soon.

Safely in the alley and away from view, the illusion around Arsene shattered, revealing the black uniform of Hidden Blades. Today was a work day, after all. The job was simple in premise; an upstart guild, known only as "The Masked Guild" so far, was looking to get information on the legal guilds. He, and another member, where being dispatched to stop them. To his understanding, it was less about protecting the legal guilds, and more about shutting down an upstart competitor to maintain power balance. There were few powerful and established dark guilds currently, so Hidden Blades would like to keep it that way. Not that Arsene cared personally. More people working in the shadows meant more buyers for himself. But, this job was an opportunity. There was always a place to add more success to his record, and nothing said he couldn't swipe the plans for himself after this was done. There was nothing outlying that, after all. The freedom offered to him by Hidden Blades was perhaps it's greatest perks. There were no huge list of laws and punishments, nor was there any strict orders on how to accomplish anything. It was simple and clear; get your work done, and make sure it never happened. A smile crept onto his face as he thought about it.

Arsene felt confident in his abilities. An expert manipulator, investigator, and spy, as Troubadour he was able to get in and out anywhere never having existed. Unfortunately, those skills weren't as necessary today. While Arsene was a master of information, he wasn't as grandiose as normal when it came to combat. There was little his set of skills could offer in a 1 on 1 fight honestly. His methods were limited to surprise attacks and assassinations, even then there were people much better suited for the task. This job was a test for himself. Taking out the targets quickly, stealthily, and without being noticed was the goal. Nobody in the entire city could be aware they were being 'saved' today. As far they were concerned, it was a boring, average day. Gripping the hilt of his sword, he let out a calming breath, trying to kill any nerves before he began. First, he had to meet up with his partner and form their plan. Arriving at the meeting spot, hidden away in a deep alley, Arsene waited for 'Sanguine' as he was called to arrive. Like always, there was no info on the man he could find, and as such was completely blind to what was awaiting him. There was simply hope that whoever they were, they could deal some damage.

WC: 631
    Total WC: 631/14,000

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Apollo Dagger
    Apollo Dagger

Developer/GFX Artist- Demon VIP Status- Dragon VIP Status- Knight VIP Status- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Have Seijin On Your Friends List- Player 
    Lineage : Daggerfall
    Experience : 21,700

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Requiem
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Re: Masks On

Post by Apollo Dagger on 21st February 2019, 4:31 pm

It had been a long day so far for the red headed youth, if it hadn't been one thing it was another or it had seemed that way. University work, additional lessons and then there was the constant business meetings that he had to attend within the town of Clover on behalf of his families business. He just wanted to get the day over and done with but that wasn't going to happen as Lynus came in and whispered something into the teenagers ear after covering his mouth speaking in a code like language that only a few would know within the Dagger family. Still the elder black haired man believed it was better to air on the side of caution when speaking of things that normally couldn't. Young Apollo looked up to him and nodded "I understand Lynus might you continue this meeting for me, I have kept notes so you will be up to date while I deal with the matter at hand." he said watching as the tall slender male dressed like a butler bowed as Apollo started to stand. "I'm sorry gentlemen but a family emergency seems to have reared its ugly head and I must attend to it immediately. Lynus will continue this meeting in my stead and I shall return at the earliest convenience." he said politely to the other members of the meeting.

He stood aside allowing Lynus to take his seat and start reading over the notes of what was being discussed in the meeting and where Apollo was hoping for it to end up by the end of it. "Please take care Mr. Dagger and we hope it is nothing that can't be resolved quickly." the elderly man at the head of the table said "I'm sure it will only take an hour or so at the most but you are in good hands with Lynus." he said moving to shake the elder males head before walking out of the board room, with the information he was given he knew that he was to meet up with another member of the secret section of his family. Those people whom he feared for so long believing that they would harm him if he misbehaved or acted against his families wishes, he was now part of them in the hopes to support his older brother but he still thought it was more because they wanted him to keep an eye on him as some sort of spy. As if he would betray the only family member that seen him as a person, in honesty he didn't want this way of life, he wasn't born for it.

Going by the information that he was given by Lynus there was a guild looking to build a reputation and starting it within Clover Town, he knew this was something that wouldn't stand... well it likely could stand but it would just likely cause more issues at a later date and so it was better to nip it in the bud. Moving out of the building he made sure to start moving down less used paths until he found a spot that was well concealed and took off his family pin placing it into his pocket activating something else he had on his person. The moment that he did his mask appeared on his face as did the basic uniform of someone within the hidden blades, he couldn't wait until he could advance and get something not so constricting to wear. Yeah he was the brother to the 'chairman' of the guild but that just meant he had to work harder or at least that was what his mind was telling him. Now covered from head to toe in his uniform he headed to the meeting point with haste.

Seeing another there he quirked an eyebrow under his mask for a moment before approaching them "Lets get this done." he said without another word he started jumping between the narrow buildings until he got to the roofs and headed towards where their enemies had been said to be congregating. It was true he could had been more warm towards his ally but he was there to work not make idle conversation besides he wanted this out of the way to deal with what he was actually there for. It never seemed like the teen could catch a break these days and he had been trying, he knew however how bad it was to argue with his family on anything and so here he was doing what he was told yet again.

Word Count: 764
    Total Word Count: 1,395
    @Arsene Mayura

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Nagging voices: My normal then departed from me.
    Primal urges spriting my senses away, foggy glimpses of the boy I use to be.
    Their parasidic demanding my conformity.
    Pushing limits: things are gonna get real ugly, taring through the last shreds of my humanity
    I'm not but a shadow of what I was, now I'm hellbent and heading for you

Golden Lacrima: Valid until December 8th 2019
    Arsene Mayura
    Arsene Mayura

VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Player 
    Lineage : Gingerbread Man
    Mentor : Artenis Dagger
    Experience : 1,693.75

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Reflection
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Arsene Mayura on 6th March 2019, 2:34 pm

Straight and to the point. Arsene could appreciate that in anyone. While he himself was a slave to his desire of grandeur and narcissistic tendencies, there was a certain appeal to a more simple, straightforward job. No time wasted on introductions or showy displays of power and posturing, positioning against each other to establish a sense of hierarchy. If things moved this quickly for the rest of the day, perhaps he'd have time for another show. Or, perhaps it was having his fill of pomp and circumstance with the show before work that milded out his normal disposition. Regardless, that was a thought for another day. The best and most unfortunate part of Hidden Blades was definitely the sense of anonymity; while Arsene loved covering his own identity away and keeping his secrets, knowing so little about his coworkers was a minor frustration. Even now, his first impression on Sanguine was the same as each other member, save for the aforementioned forwardness. Covered in the same obscuring armor and with no details to go on, Arsene simply had to hope on his partner's skills. After all, if neither of them was suited for direct combat, this would in fact be a struggle.

Any questions the troubadour had about his coworker's physical prowess was quickly blown away however. With a surprising efficiency and ease, Sanguine was way beyond him, walking amongst the sky and ceilings. Satisfied that his partner seemed competent, an equal sense of annoyance grew within Arsene was he realized he'd be expected to follow them up there. Arsene was decently athletic but certainly didn't possess the skills and strength necessary to repeat that feat. Scanning the alleyway, he spotted loose pipes and extended bricks to form a path. While not an often practiced skill of late, the performer was no stranger to parkour and building scaling back when he first started. Hurling himself upwards, he grabbed onto pipes and ricocheted off walls, taking footholds on windowsills and bricks. A few moments slower, but in a far more "skilled than brute force" method (In his own opinion), Arsene was following his partner across the skyline.

So far, he'd yet to spot anyone of extreme importance, and that bothered him more. Only the initiates, with silver masks and a black cloak that seemed like a poor knock-off of his own uniform, had been seen amongst the crowds. Arsene had done his research before taking this job; enough to at least known the basic structure of the guild, how to identify their members, and their hierarchy. As such, seeing only peons forming together bothered him. It'd be much easier if they could get a read on the head, the so called Golden Sword, and take them out quickly. However, it seemed they wouldn't be that fortunate today, and that they were going to have to start slow. As they approached the guild hall, Arsene would stop and signal for Sanguine to come over, perched at the edge of a roof and staring down into the alleyway below. Looking down, one could see 3 initiates huddling together in the shadows, whispering and nodding. Most likely just posturing and trying to make themselves feel more important. It was kind of cute, like little children playing adult.

"So, what's your usual plan for these shows?" Arsene appreciated Sanguines direct actions, but a little bit of forward thinking would be appreciated here, a scornful glare taking over his face as he remembered the Chariman's lecture from before. "If you'd like, we could stop by beneath us and take out a few extras, maybe see if they know anything relevant, and perhaps borrow their costumes? It would be much easier to get close to the head that way, and I must admit that type of method is my forte. However, I'm not sure how you normally operate, so I'm definitely open to follow your lead. I'm told I make a great supporting cast."

Word Count: 652
    Total Word Count: 2,047
    @Apollo Dagger

Apollo Dagger
    Apollo Dagger

Developer/GFX Artist- Demon VIP Status- Dragon VIP Status- Knight VIP Status- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Have Seijin On Your Friends List- Player 
    Lineage : Daggerfall
    Experience : 21,700

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Requiem
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Apollo Dagger on 18th March 2019, 4:59 pm

Sanguine had scaled the building with no issue even with the bulky clothing that was his current uniform, he wanted to get out of it in all honesty but he knew that meant he would have to prove himself more to his family; well his brother most of all at least on this side as he was the current chairman of the dirty little secret that his family had. He still remembered when he was told about it and the disbelief that had caused him to run away from it, he didn't want to believe it, how could he after everything he had been told as a child? He had, had enough of the cloak and daggers that was his families normal way of doing things even to each other, it was almost like his family were compartmentalised and it was need to know on everything. Sure all families had secrets but still they had times they were normal and the entire family knew the family skeletons, not in his family the weekly family game seemed to be 'what's the latest scandal hidden in the shadows' or 'find the family secret' he was at his wits end and he was sure there was more to come.

He had a lot of things on his mind but those had to be pushed to the back of his mind at least for now as he concentrated on his task. It hadn't even crossed his mind that his job partner wouldn't have been able to follow him up to the roof but then it might have been better that they were on the ground and he was on the roof but then there was the issue it would be easier to be seen. He was glad to see that the other had found his way to the roof and was keeping pace as he began to move across rooftops with little effort, he was starting to be glad that he was forced into doing track and long jump during his time at high school all be it that was short lived as he quickly graduated years ahead of when he was suppose to. Now age fifteen when many his age should be still in high school but starting to think if they want to continue there, move onto collage or start getting a job he was in university and on the board of directors for a powerful company. Shaking his head he focused himself once more as he neared the spot of the fledgling guild.

Crouching he looked over and seen the three masked initiates peacocking and rolled his eyes under his mask, it reminded him to much of his cousin Gabriel, part of him wondered if he was actually in this guild he wouldn't have put it past that snake in the grass in all honesty. As he crouched he heard his job partners words and contemplated everything carefully, their next actions would decide everything for this job. "I'm guessing you are some sort of performer then Troubadour." he said simply, it wasn't exactly a leap of faith given the terms he was using, his dual coloured eyes looking to the other even with the mask over his face it was easy to see he wasn't exactly impressed "Careful of how you speak, it can give tell tale signs of what you are without the mask and make you easier to find." this wasn't him telling the other off but more a piece of advice as they were meant to be very religion and state when it came to who they truly were and the guild persona they showed.

With that aside he went back to looking at the three clowns below them "We can't take that course of action as it would mean revealing ourselves to the other, I doubt that will be looked very favourably on and I doubt the chairman would be pleased if we did." he said only imagining the punishment that would come with doing something so stupid "Besides, dead men tell no tales and not one of them will be breathing by the end of this job" he said his voice cold and still as a frozen lake. "Really any information we get off them will be worthless common knowledge, besides they look and sound like initiates and so not prone to the types of information that we would find useful." he said standing once more. With that he jamp off the roof landing right on top of one of them with a deafening cracking and crunching heard as the masked man hit the floor blood escaping his mouth as he twitched.

The other two men seeing their friend hit the floor and a new person standing in their place were now shook for a brief moment but that would be all that would be needed as the fully garbed Sanguine made a purplish dagger appear in each hand and spun around quickly in a corkscrew motion slicing each person's throat and body before they could make a single sound. He knew the only reason this was so easy was because they had been caught unaware and so had been easily startled, from that point on things would get more difficult and that such tactics might not work. He looked up to his partner and waved one of his hands still holding the daggers "Since you are still up there how about doing some over watch scouting, if we can find out who is where and the easiest way in we can likely find out some information on what they're up to with little risk to ourselves." he said allowing his partner to do such a task if he wished to, if he did he would start hiding the three bodies of the people that he just killed; the youth knew if someone stumbled across that scene then it would make their jobs far more difficult regardless of who found them putting the guild on high alert and likely having the guards trying to find them. He could really do without that right now.

Word count: 1,018
    Total word count: 3,065
    @Arsene Mayura

Nagging voices: My normal then departed from me.
    Primal urges spriting my senses away, foggy glimpses of the boy I use to be.
    Their parasidic demanding my conformity.
    Pushing limits: things are gonna get real ugly, taring through the last shreds of my humanity
    I'm not but a shadow of what I was, now I'm hellbent and heading for you

Golden Lacrima: Valid until December 8th 2019

Current date/time is 23rd March 2019, 12:08 am