• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

[Event] Unity of Heaven and Hell (Itori/Kenna)

Itori
    Itori

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Character Application Approved!- Magic Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- The Sacred- Player 
    Lineage : Vulpine Siren
    Position : None
    Guild : Sabertooth
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 6,012.5

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Spirit Fox Magic
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

[Event] Unity of Heaven and Hell (Itori/Kenna)

Post by Itori on Sun 10 Feb 2019, 6:00 pm

Job Details:

It was a bright day, the kind of day where you'd want to spend your time outside with friends or maybe just a good book to read. Regardless of your preferences and hobbies staying inside would feel like a waste. Which was why Itori was wandering through Rose Garden together with Kenna, looking around as the city thrived as usual. Even more so than usual, because it was Valentine's Day and Rose Garden was most likely the capital of Fiore when it came to celebrating the day of romance. Not surprising, given that it was the city where people always seemed to be lively and cheerful. It made for an upbeat atmosphere.

That said Itori hadn't asked for Kenna to accompany her just to enjoy the sunny skies and the pleasant atmosphere (although that was definitely part of it). She'd noticed something strange about the demoness's soul when they were busy saving Christmas from Santa himself (a train of thought which still left her confused), and she'd already put off talking about it for too long. So she tore herself from the sight of a happy couple walking past to instead look at Kenna. "So, Kenna, as you have probably guessed already I did not invite you to take a walk with me just for the companionship, enjoyable as it may be. There is actually something I noticed in our last job together that I must alert you of, given that it concerns you directly." She sighed, folding her hands together inside of her wide sleeves as she considered how to put this.

"When we combined our magics to defeat Santa, a sentence which I admit I never thought I would say, I noticed something unusual in your soul. I also apologize for looking into your soul without your permission, by the way." There wasn't exactly some ethical protocol for checking out someone's soul... mostly because most people were incapable of it. Still, it basically meant that Itori got a look at Kenna's most intimate and hidden parts, so even if she didn't hesitate to do it when needed she always felt a bit bad about it if she did it to someone without asking first.

"What I noticed is that, impossible as it may seem, your mana pool was missing. While that is not exactly a spiritual organ it does exist in the ethereal parts that make up a person, so I can still inspect it with my spiritual abilities. Instead I found a huge gathering of some corrupted essence where the mana pool should be, and it seemed to hurt you when you tried to use magic." She looked straight at Kenna, her usually calm vermilion eyes now filled with concern. "Were you aware of any of this?"

WC: 460
    TWC: 460/1000

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Aura
    Aura

Moderator- Mythical VIP Status- Knight VIP Status- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Dragon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- Haiku Contest Participant- Lineage Making Contest Participant- Rich- Character Application Approved!- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- The Being- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 3rd Place Event/Contest Winner- Be on Venir's Friend List- Be on Elyx's friends list- Be On Lester's Friends List- Be on Madame Astrid's friend list- Have Aiyanna On Your Friend's List- Player 
    Lineage : Gingerbread Man
    Guild : Sabertooth 《Ace》
    Cosmic Coins : 180
    Experience : 7,512.5

Character Sheet
    First Magic: 2nd Generation - Fire Dragon Slayer
    Second Magic: Gravitational Crash (TBA)
    Third Magic:

Re: [Event] Unity of Heaven and Hell (Itori/Kenna)

Post by Aura on Mon 11 Feb 2019, 3:56 am

It had been too beautiful a day to remain locked inside; the sun was shining brightly, only a few white clouds dotting the blue sky. A soft breeze to cool the warm rays of the sun the moment they'd become too hot for one's skin. Honestly, today was a grand example of a perfect Singles Awareness Da--- I mean, Valentine's Day. Maybe even the kind of day many people would get married on, who knows? So when Itori had asked her to get outside for a bit the two white-haired women had decided on Rose Garden for their outing; the perfect place to unwind after the entire Santa business that'd unfolded not too long ago near River Village.

Quietly they’d been strolling through the streets, enjoying the ruckus in the background as the sun kissed their faces. Probably one of the most satisfying feelings the demoness enjoyed when outside. A smile crossed her face shortly. She really needed to make work out of getting outside some more. Kenna was mentally going over things she could do when she felt Itori's eyes suddenly shifting towards her. The demoness did the same and listened intently, her expression growing into a slightly worried frown. ”Hopefully nothing too bad?” she replied, and saw how the kitsune had felt bothered when noting she'd seen into her soul. It was a first time hearing that, someone looking into her soul, and although by the sound of Itori's words she perhaps should've been more prude to the idea, Kenna shrugged her shoulders. ”That's not so bad, isn't it? I don't mind if you look into it-” Yet what followed after, what Itori had seen within it, felt like a wake-up call to the demoness. She stopped in her tracks and hesitated.

“I…” she tried, falling silent almost instantly as she stared at the kitsune. How? Akhator, Avide,... they too knew something had been off but never pinpointed the issue… Her hand crept up to her chest, to the area that had been hurting every time she overexerted herself through her magic, and gripped the fabric of her clothing tightly. “So that's why…” Kenna whispered softly. She wanted to walk again, and took a few more steps. “What they said actually did happen after all… how… I mean,” Kenna bit her lip and stopped in her tracks once again, her eyes unable to look Itori in the eyes as the memories of that fated day flashed before her eyes. The day she met Jigoku and received his power to replace the one she destroyed… her link with the spirit world. She'd honestly hoped it was only sealed away. Never had she thought that her rash actions had caused her to destroy the one thing that allowed her to use magic. Without this lacrima made of Jigoku's blood and magic, she'd be crippled… How would she even explain what had come to happen to the kitsune? Only two people knew of her true heritage, the reasons and events of her obtaining the magic of a dragon slayer kept hidden away from prying eyes. Only Imai and Kite knew who she really was. Kenna inhaled deeply, held her breath for a few moments more and then exhaled long and deeply. She'd have to tell her. In due time… for now, only what the events to the secret she'd unveiled to the demoness had entailed.

“I do. I mean, I didn't, but I noticed I've been having issues with my magic's control sometimes…. pain. I just didn't think… they said so during the battle that I'd never be able to use my magic again… so it was true after all…” The demoness paused, looking Itori back in the eyes. They... are demons against my late father's legacy. Against me. I wasn't born a full-blooded demon, to the dismay of some, and on top of that I'm the last of a line some never wished to see on the throne in the first place. Trapped the heirloom I was searching for with a powerful sealing magic… if I were to forcefully use my magic I'd never be able to use it again.” A sigh escaped her lips, as slowly but steadily the burnt of her words was hitting home. “But it was that or dying… I forced it to gain part of Jigoku's power, although said draconic power was only temporary. It's… thanks to him that I can still use magic. He gave me new magic.” Kenna silenced again, having a hard time fathoming everything that was going down. Her head felt heavy as the memories of her past life, of the souls she'd bonded with passed her by. “I really thought it was just sealed further, not that it was actually… gone.” Her voice filled with disbelief and a hint of helplessness.

Wordcount: 801
    Total Wordcount: 801 of 1000

_____________________________________________________________________________________

And be she but Small,
    she is Fierce

.:} The Road of Desire |Fire Dragon Slayer | Kenna Terrynhain {:.
    .:} The Nightmare in Your Head | Avide - Combat Pet {:.

D~4 ||C~4 ||B~2 ||A~ ||S~

Slots: 4/6

Itori
    Itori

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Character Application Approved!- Magic Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- The Sacred- Player 
    Lineage : Vulpine Siren
    Guild : Sabertooth
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Experience : 6,012.5

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Spirit Fox Magic
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Re: [Event] Unity of Heaven and Hell (Itori/Kenna)

Post by Itori on Mon 11 Feb 2019, 3:36 pm

Seeing how much Kenna was enjoying their walk in the sunlit city would have made Itori hesitate to bring bad news if it wasn't for how important it was. She'd already delayed it for too long, knowing that if it kept going the situation might get even worse than it already was. Her friend wasn't showing any signs of damage beyond those pangs of pain whenever she tried too hard to use her magic, but who knew how this kind of condition could progress if it wasn't taken care of?

"I am glad that you hold no hard feelings over it, but I must say that it is not something you should forgive too casually. If someone has the opportunity to see your soul they can learn about parts of you that you would rather remain hidden deep inside. It is not something I do carelessly, and not something you should allow others to do without deep consideration beforehand if you can prevent it."

When Kenna stopped walking the kitsune followed suit immediately, standing next to the demoness as she waited for the other white-haired mage to sort through the thoughts that were now whirling through her head. It was definitely not news that one could just shrug off as unimportant, especially since it was something strange and unheard of so there was also the fear of being afflicted by something you didn't even understand. Her sharp ears twitched when they caught Kenna's whispers, which surprised her as well: it appeared that while her companion was caught off guard by the news she wasn't entirely unknowing about the situation. When Kenna tried to take a couple of steps Itori gently took hold of her shoulder, trying to subtle discourage the notion as she didn't want the fire mage to act rashly or not give herself the time to think about what she just learned.

Of course a side effect of being in direct physical contact with Itori was that she could get a feel of Kenna's surface thoughts and emotions while at the same time emenating a soothing sensation to help the demoness stay calm throughout this. Once again it was a breach of privacy in a way, but a minor way as there were plenty of people who were pretty good at reading surface thoughts and emotions without some supernatural ability involved.

That said what little she learned didn't say a lot. She had already known that Kenna was a fire dragon slayer and that she most likely received that ability from a dragon lachrima, and it looked like even inside her own mind the passionate woman was careful with not thinking about things she didn't want known, instead only referring to them vaguely while moving on with the current train of thought.

She listened attentively when Kenna began to explain about how she had been aware something was up and what was going on. The idea of losing your magic was a horrific one so the fox-tailed spiritualist couldn't blame the other for being shaken up about it. It was only after the explanation was fully finished that Itori spoke up again, in the meantime just supporting Kenna with the hand on her shoulder and a concerned look in her eyes. She also subtly curved two tails around the other mage's lower body, careful not to actually touch her with the furred limbs as that might only startle her at this point.

"To fully nullify the magic of another is a cruel thing to do, although I must admit that it does sound like something a demon would do. Beyond that I cannot say much about the politics of demons as I know too little and now is not the time to learn. It is most likely good fortune that you gained the power of a dragon to compensate, as there are few methods to give someone the ability to use magic as if they were born with it." She shook her head slightly. "To my frustration and concern I do not believe I have ever encountered this kind of situation before, which is very unusual for someone with my lifespan. It goes without saying that I will do my best to help in every avenue available to me. On that note I might also have some good news."

Closing her eyes and focusing on Kenna's magic Itori fell silent for several seconds before once more meeting the fire demoness's eyes with her own. "I cannot say with absolute certainty right now, but it should be possible to undo what has been done. It might not be an easy task but purifying and cleansing spirits is one of the things I specialize in, which also applies to cursed and corrupted souls. Actually regaining your magic might be a harder task, but I should be able to remove the corruption itself once I have the opportunity. It might be that once the corruption is gone your magic will return on its own, but if I had to guess I would say that regaining it will take a lot of effort, in the same way that for most people learning to use a regrown limb can take months if not years."

She would have suggested returning to the Sabertooth guild hall so they could at least get rid of the corruption, but it was at that point that they were approached by a man wearing a festively pink suit and wearing a hat of the same vivid hue. Halting in front of the two mages he took his hat off and gave a deep bow before straightening up again, all the while smiling widely. "Good day to you lovely lovebirds! Excuse me for interrupting your private moment, but as you are mages perhaps you can help me out with a little something?"

Itori blinked before she began to retort that they weren't lovebirds and that this wasn't exactly the best moment, but the man went on as if he hadn't even noticed her beginning to speak. "Y'see, as you might have noticed there are a LOT of couples enjoying this beautiful Valentine's Day. So much in fact that some of our stores are having trouble keeping up with the demand! We have enough chocolate stored away but it needs delivering, which is where some fast magic users like you two can come in." Giving a little shrug the man shook his head as a sign of exasperation. "'Course we also have couriers for this sorta thing but even with those on the roads we're still running low on hands! So, what do you say ladies? Care to help out a fella spread some love and cheer for the lucky couples out there? Of course you will get compensated for it!"

Itori frowned slightly before giving the man a polite smile, although she hadn't let go of Kenna's shoulder yet as she took a tiny step forward so she was just a bit in front. "My apologies sir, but my friend just received some bad news and might not be in the mood to help out currently. I understand your plight and I wish I could help but right now I think it would be best if the two of us did not get involved." She shot a look back at the demoness. "Although of course at the end of the day it is her call. Do you feel like helping out Kenna or should we go back to the guild hall?"

WC: 1251
    TWC: 1711/1000

Current date/time is Fri 22 Feb 2019, 11:33 am