• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

♪♫Hardly Strictly Jazz (Nessa)♫♪

SeaGlass
    SeaGlass

Dragon VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Dragon Slayer- Neutral Guild Ace- Halloween job event participant - Character Application Approved!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Novice [250]- Summer Special Participant- Player 
    Lineage : Wings of Winter
    Position : None
    Guild : Fairy Tail
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : Nessa Cordelia Lux
    Experience : 136,856.25

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Ice Dragon Slayer
    Second Magic: Ice Dragon Slayer
    Third Magic:

♪♫Hardly Strictly Jazz (Nessa)♫♪

Post by SeaGlass on 14th January 2019, 5:29 pm

Returning from breakfast down stairs in the Fairy Hills lobby, Arcadia closed the door to her room behind her. Just a few steps away from the door, her iLac sounded its alert for a new text. She pulled it from its pocket in her dress. It was a message from Lynn, one of Princess of Fiore's personal advisers. The young blonde slayer tapped open her messages, and quietly read over everything Lynn had written.

From Lynn: Ms. Fairchilde. I hope all is well. On behalf of the Princess, I'd like to extend hers and our gratitude for getting the Princess's song recorded and out in the public eye. From what she tells me, it has been selling well, and she has since taken steps to form her own band, Purple Reign. In thanks for all your help, the Princess asked me to extend an invitation and two backstage passes for you and a friend to the Hardly Strictly Jazz Festival at South Gate Park in Magnolia.

Thanks to the recent success the song you and Fairy Tail published for the Princess, I managed to wrangle Purple Reign into the line up. Right in your own backyard. The Princess is thrilled to performing with big names like Pink Tiara and others. I understand it is quite an eclectic mix of performers, so whatever your tastes, you and anyone you bring along should find a couple shows to enjoy. If time permits feel free to stop backstage and meet with the Princess and myself.  Your friend, Ellie, will be with us as well, though she will be busy supervising security for the Princess and her band.

Your tickets and backstage passes should be delivered shortly by Exceed Express.

Arcadia quickly tapped out a response to thank Lynn and formally accept the tickets and passes. She slipped her iLac back into her pocket. One person came immediately to mind on who to invite to go with her. It had been awhile since she had gotten to hang out with her best friend and surrogate big sister, Nessa, without it being official guild or Ace business or a mission.  It would be good to do something with big sister again where the only to worry about was having fun.

She didn't have to wait around long, an Exceed working for Exceed Express arrived within the hour. The young, pale blonde slayer signed for gifts from the Princess and tipped the Exceed.  In the enveloped the Exceed delivered were the tickets and backstage passes Lynn had promised.

With her dimensional scissors she could find Nessa wherever she happened to be. Arcadia almost drew the whimsical scissors  out, but she checked her adolescent enthusiasm. At least enough to decide it would be better to knock. Since it was still early, she might catch Nessa still at home or just leaving for the guild hall. Arcadia drew her scissors into hand, giving them a test snip at empty air.   Then bringing the outside of the Lux home into mind, she snipped again at midair. This time a portal opened up, and Arcadia walked on through. She left her Fairy Hills room behind, and stepped out of another portal directly in front of  Nessa's family house.  For a moment, she thought may be she should have mad ea side trip to the bakery to get a few mini cheesecakes. She was already here though, so she knocked on the door as the portal closed behind her.

WC: 578

_____________________________________________________________________________________

**☆Arcadia's Theme (as discovered by Mura)☆**:
    Golden Lacrima until October 3, 2019
    Nessa Cordelia Lux
    Nessa Cordelia Lux

Dragon VIP Status- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Rising Star- Neutral Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Halloween gfx'ers- Halloween job event participant - Rich- Character Application Approved!- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- The Fallen- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- X-Mas Event Participant- Hero- Summer Special Donor- Summer Special Participant- Have Onida On Your Friend's List- Have aeluri On Your Friend's List- Player 
    Lineage : Celestial Blessing
    Position : Saint of Purity
    Cosmic Coins : 120
    Experience : 556,791.25

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Starlight Maiden
    Second Magic: Valkyrie Summoner
    Third Magic: Moon Goddess Slayer

Re: ♪♫Hardly Strictly Jazz (Nessa)♫♪

Post by Nessa Cordelia Lux on 16th January 2019, 4:36 pm

In the Lux household that morning there was a rare event going on. For the first time in particularly long time, the family were having breakfast together. Nessa had stayed in the night before, Richard had work but wasn't required to go in until mid-day and Edward, Nessa's cousin was on half term. So the three of them, along with Sebastian the exceed, and Arielle the fairy were all gathered around the dining table. Thoroughly enjoying a rare buffet-style breakfast with plates full of fried bacon, and eggs, some sunny side up, some scrambled. Grilled tomatoes and fried mushrooms, with toast and buttered bread. Truly a feast for the family, currently being enjoyed over a generic conversation.

"So this portal just appeared in front of the guild for no reason?" Richard asked his daughter, in response to the tale she was telling him about a recent experience. Nessa nodded, swallowing the bite of toast she had been chewing on. "Yep, not just in front of our guild, but apparently they appeared everywhere. There was a couple in Era, one in Midi, Peace Village, the Celestial Sanctum, literally Dad, they were all over the place. And on top of which all these strange Christmas related creatures came out of them which we had to subdue." She explained, he nodded. "Curious, it's a shame I was tied up at the office and couldn't head out to get any DNA samples. It would've been good to run some tests to see where they came from," He replied thoughtfully.

"You should have seen it, Richard, there was a walking Christmas tree that released these exploding presents and ...well when one hit Nessa..." Sebastian began looking at Nessa mischievious, Nessa shot him a glare. "Finish that sentence, and I'll call Markus and have him bring Hela here. She can join us for breakfast, the dish being you." She growled Sebastian, rolled his eyes. "I wanna know what happened!" Edward whined, glancing between the two, who were currently having a stare down, almost a battle of wills between the Starlight Maiden and Exceed to see who would crack first. Nessa didn't want Sebastian to tell the embarrassing story about how she had magically had her clothes disappear in front of a bunch of people, including at least two males, both of which were her guildmates.

It was then that there was a knock on the door.

Richard slid out of his seat, heading around the table he would leave the dining room and make his way to the hallway. He would open the door and see Arcadia standing there; he smiled politely. "Hello Arcadia, nice to see you again. Please come in; we're just finishing our breakfast." He said, stepping aside to let her in. "Nessa's just in the dining room," He would nod her to follow him, leading her through the kitchen to the attached dining room, where Nessa and Sebastian were still glaring at each other. Richard, did a little cough, drawing their attention. As Nessa's eyes left Sebastian's and landed on her best friend, her face lit up in a smile. "Oh, Hi Arca!" She said happily, getting out of her seat and walking around the table to greet her with a hug. "What brings you here?" She asked, Sebastian and Arielle would wave in greeting at Arcadia, while Edward, an eleven-year-old with messy brown hair and dark eyes. Still sitting there in his pyjamas, would blush at the sight of her, ducking slightly behind the table, only to peer over the edge at them.

WC: 593

_____________________________________________________________________________________

CHARACTER | STARLIGHT | VALKYRIES | PLOT BANK
    Golden Lacrima until 12th July 2019
    {Courtesy of the lovely Markus Eldridge}
    SeaGlass
    SeaGlass

Dragon VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Dragon Slayer- Neutral Guild Ace- Halloween job event participant - Character Application Approved!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Novice [250]- Summer Special Participant- Player 
    Lineage : Wings of Winter
    Position : None
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Mentor : Nessa Cordelia Lux
    Experience : 136,856.25

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Ice Dragon Slayer
    Second Magic: Ice Dragon Slayer
    Third Magic:

Post by SeaGlass on 9th February 2019, 6:32 pm

Arcadia entered, smiling and bowing to Richard, "Thanks, Mr. Lux."  She briefly wondered what it would be like if Nessa was her real sister. It be 'Dad' instead of 'Mr. Lux', and she would call this nice house home. Also, she would have more family, and recent legal nonsense regarding her Fiore citizenship status would be non-existent. A little sense of dread and guilt then crept over her. A part of her felt very sure, she would doom them to die just as her biological human family and foster dragon mother already had.

The barefoot slayer shook off such morose thoughts. Besides, big sister Nessa and the others of Fairy Tail, whom she already considered her third family, were more than capable enough wizards to handle anything that would threaten to take them away from her. On that more reassuring thought, Arcadia smiled brightly to Nessa, Sebby,  Arielle, Edward, and back to Richard. She felt the excitement that had brought her over in the first place, grow back into her heart.

She returned Nessa's hug, and hugged up Sebby too! She smiled at the half-hidden Edward, "Hey there! Looks like yer kinda like me. Strangers aren't my favourite either. Just so we're not strangers no more, I'm Arcadia Mavis Elaine Fairchilde. You can call me Arca too though. No one but my mom was ever allowed to use either of my middle names... so never mind that I just said them."

Arcadia rubbed the back of her neck in thought, springing back to Nessa's question,"Oh yeah! Why I'm here. Uh, I don't know if you heard besides making y- Uh... Co- That woman you stmt my way, a published, best-selling author, and a few lacrima-net videos, F.T.P., Fairy Tail Productions, has published a few songs and albums on the lacrima-net too.

By the way, if that author ever has any more manuscripts, feel free to pass them my way. Her last book spent a few weeks on the top of the best sellers list. There's some tell all book there now, but her book is taking off in Midi and Bosco now. F.T.P. would be willing to give her a generous advance of Jewel for any future works. "

She started to hop excitedly around when she returned to her announcement, "Anyway, our best selling song so far was the one we helped the Princess of Fiore put out. It was originally part of a deal for her on going investment in our productions. It turned out better and sold way faster than any of us thought.

We didn't even advertise the song as by the princess. Didn't really hide that it was either, so mage that had downing to do with it. Point is, the princess has now formed her own band, I guess as a hobby? Dunno. Either way, on her behalf, one of the princess's advisers sent me tickets, backstage passes, and an invite to the music festival the princess's band has been booked at, as a thank you. It's right here Magnolia too, the Hardly Strictly Jazz Music Festival. They hold it every year in South Gate Park.

Our tickets will let us into any of the shows, and the passes will into all the VIP spots. We don't even havta stop and see the princess's show, unless there's time. Her adviser, Lynn, did invite me to stop by if I wanted. The tickets and passes are for me and any one other person I wanna invite. I knew exactly who I wanted to go with me, so what do you say, big sister, how about a girls' weekend atta hella hyphy music festival? The crowds will be crazy for sure, but these passes should let us avoid the worst of them."

Arcadia sniffed at the air, finally aware of the smell of breakfast at a conscious level now that she had made her announcement. She smiled sheepishly, "Something sure smells hella good. I'm sorry if I interrupted breakfast. Hardly Strictly goes all weekend so we got time to get ready. Would I be imposing too much if I joined you all for breakfast?"

WC: 693
    Arcadia WC: 1286

**☆Arcadia's Theme (as discovered by Mura)☆**:
    Golden Lacrima until October 3, 2019
    Nessa Cordelia Lux
    Nessa Cordelia Lux

Dragon VIP Status- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Rising Star- Neutral Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Halloween gfx'ers- Halloween job event participant - Rich- Character Application Approved!- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- The Fallen- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- X-Mas Event Participant- Hero- Summer Special Donor- Summer Special Participant- Have Onida On Your Friend's List- Have aeluri On Your Friend's List- Player 
    Lineage : Celestial Blessing
    Position : Saint of Purity
    Cosmic Coins : 120
    Experience : 556,791.25

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Starlight Maiden
    Second Magic: Valkyrie Summoner
    Third Magic: Moon Goddess Slayer

Post by Nessa Cordelia Lux on 11th February 2019, 1:44 pm

Nessa tilted her head, watching the exchange between Arcadia and Edward. Edward, did not lift his head past the table, just nodded as she introduced herself quite sweetly to him. He said nothing, despite her niceness, it didn't do much to alleviate his shyness. "Don't worry about him, that's my cousin Eddie, he's a little shy." He poked his head up for a moment, "It's Edward! Not Eddie!" Nessa raised her brows at him, he looked at Arca once again before ducking back behind the table, even redder than before.

Nessa looked back at Arcadia, as she was hit with the full pelt of her words. Man, that was a lot of words to take it once. Nessa watched her lips carefully, trying to take in the details of what she was saying. Talking about her manuscripts, and lacrima-net videos, and how something was getting published. Or wait, no, something had been published and or was it? Nessa couldn't keep up. It then moved on a song, made for a Princess of Fiore. Apparently, it was part of the contract Arcadia had set up with them, and that the Princess of Fiore was...in a band? As the story when on, Nessa finally understood what it was Arcadia was getting to. She had been giving tickets to a concert, VIP tickers no less, she beamed as her bestie essentially invited her along to a concert. Nessa squealed excitedly, clapping, "Yes, yes, a thousand times yes. Oh my gosh, you have no idea how much I need a break right now.!" She replied happily. Nessa turned, scooping up a piece of toast.

"Okay first of all, when is it? and how long have we got to prepare? Oh my gosh, Arcadia, you know what this means?" She asked, the excitement rising in her tone. "We're going to need to go shopping!" Nessa squealed happily once more, "Okay, yes, sit down, have some breakfast with us. Once we're done, we'll head to the mall. Oh god, I'm so excited." Nessa returned to her seat as her Father pulled back a chair for Arcadia to join them. Nessa's mood had skyrocketed, after all the work they had been doing lately. Nessa felt like she rarely ever had any free time to enjoy herself. She was always running numbers for the guild, talking to clients or going out on jobs. She had hardly any time to hang with family, let alone her friends at the guild. Plus, there was so much Nessa needed to catch Arcadia up on, loads seemed to have happened since their job in Valhall. For one, Markus was back, out of the blue. Only Arcadia knew about what happened that night all those months ago and about the kiss they shared. But a hell of a lot had gone on since then, he'd come back and the first thing he said was that he'd missed. Not only that, he had been gone for years, instead of months. It was just so much, but boy was she glad her bestie was here because Nessa was in need of some real girl talk. Not just about Markus, about Aven too. Nessa needed to ask someone what to do. And Arcadia knew Aven, she just hoped she would understand why Nessa hadn't done anything yet.

Richard placed a plate in front of Arcadia, Nessa picked up her fork and scooped up some of her fried egg. She chewed for a moment, swallowing her bite she would continue. "So the theme is Jazz music? Or is it generic, we need to plan our outfits accordingly of course. Whatever we go for, they have to have wiggle room for dancing, because I have not boogied in months now." Sebastian scoffed, "Yeah, doing Fiore a favour," Nessa shot him a scowl. She knew he was only teasing, she was a skilled dancer, and she loved it. But her job didn't make much room for busting moves on the dancefloor.

WC: 663
    Total: 1256

CHARACTER | STARLIGHT | VALKYRIES | PLOT BANK
    Golden Lacrima until 12th July 2019
    {Courtesy of the lovely Markus Eldridge}

Current date/time is 22nd February 2019, 10:05 am