Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

[Job] Diviners in the Dry Desert (Gaia/Itori)

Itori
    Itori

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Player 
    Lineage : Daughter of Inari
    Position : None
    Guild : Sabertooth (Guild Master)
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 924,120

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Spirit Fox Magic
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

[Job] Diviners in the Dry Desert (Gaia/Itori) Empty [Job] Diviners in the Dry Desert (Gaia/Itori)

Post by Itori 13th January 2019, 4:50 pm

"I assure you, madam, that we shall do everything in our power to ensure the success of your mission. Should we fail Sabertooth shall claim full responsibility and dedicate more manpower to this project. However as it stands we believe that using more resources should be unneeded." Itori patiently explained to the head of the research team, Knalla. The researcher didn't appear too happy with the current situation, but the kitsune was trying her best to convince the woman that she didn't need to worry.

She and another mage from Sabertooth had accepted the task of helping out a team of researchers which was trying to make it rain in the Forgotten Deserts. If they could accomplish their task it would prevent the deserts spreading themselves out and could also increase the amount of oasises which could be used to establish settlements and trade routes. While it was unlikely that they could use this method to erase the deserts completely it would at the very least make it more habitable for both the civilized species and other living beings.

The issue being that their artificial cloud which was supposed to make it rain had been bombarded by a lightning storm and no longer functioned. Given that the desert was a dangerous place to be the researchers needed mages both for support and protection, since they couldn't easily get the giant lachrima out of the skies.

Itori and Knalla were currently at the airport located nearest to the desert, an outpost not large enough to be called a town. The head researcher wasn't planning to accompany the group, but did want to ensure that their departure would at least proceed without issue before she'd return to her own duties. The current issue being that she didn't believe that Itori and Gaia, the other mage, would be enough protection for the job.

"That's all very well, but we can't afford the resources to keep trying this again because your guild didn't send enough mages the first time around. I can't use promises and compensation, this needs to be done right the first time around." The woman wasn't being hostile, but she also wasn't hiding the fact that she wasn't pleased about the situation and wasn't going to use flowery words. Itori didn't mind that, since straightforward people often respected reason and common sense as long as they weren't of the unreasonably stubborn type instead. The kitsune bowed slightly, then indicated herself with one hand while displaying all five of her tails.

"I do understand your concern and the need for this project to be completed without any delays or failed attempt. As mages of Sabertooth we will ensure this for you. My companion, who should be arriving shortly, is an Ace of one of the strongest guilds in Fiore. I shall support her and together the two of us should be able to handle anything that might interfere with this project with little difficulty. Furthermore both she and I have abilities that can be dedicated to detecting any incoming threats which might otherwise be difficult to detect in advance."

The head researcher folded her arms, still not looking completely convinced. However eventually she let out an annoyed and somewhat resigned sigh. "Well, all right then. If you've got an Ace with you it should be fine. Just don't think that if you fail you'll get away with an apology and some promises that you'll send more mages next time. This project is important and if you don't do your job properly you'll learn just how important it is with your own body."

The threat was somewhat vague, but the kitsune ignored it and instead smiled. "Thank you very much for your trust. We shall complete our mission without fail." Knalla nodded curtly before turning around and walking away, heading for a group of researchers who would be boarding the airship as well and talking with them about the job at hand. Itori could listen in on them, but rather than letting them know about how sharp her hearing was by blatantly eavesdropping she looked out over the airship which was almost ready for departure, and then towards the desert they would be traversing with it. Somewhere up there was a massive lachrima designed to generate enough water for it to act as a raincloud for an extended period of time. She could see why Knalla didn't want to risk this failing: beyond the possibilities of making the famous Forgotten Deserts more habitable it was also a test to see how far technology could go these days. If this lachrima could be repaired and then successfully fulfil its intended purpose it'd show that the magic kingdom of Fiore had advanced to the point where they could use technological means to alter entire landscapes and biomes.

Walking over to the edge of the large platform the airship was docked at Itori gazed out over the expanse away from the desert, where vegetation was still sparse but there was at least grass, trees and animals. From that direction she was expecting her companion to arrive, Gaia the Tarot Mage. She was the last mage that Itori had to meet from the latest generation of Sabertooth mages, and one of whom she'd heard some interesting things. Apparently she could use her tarot cards both for divination and combat magic, which was definitely an interesting trait to encounter in a human. Kitsune relied on older methods for divination if they had the talent for it, but Itori had lived long enough to know that just because a method was older it didn't mean it was better. She was curious to see how impressive Gaia would be. As an Ace she had to be someone who managed to impress Kite, a feat which wasn't easy to do.

The weather also was good for this kind of mission. The researchers weren't happy about the lack of rain, but Itori was pretty sure that of all the things one could wish for while riding an airship, a storm from the heavens wasn't one of them. Come to think of it, despite her long life she hadn't often travelled through the skies. That in itself would make this an exciting experience.

WC: 1040
    TWC: 1040/7000

_____________________________________________________________________________________

[Job] Diviners in the Dry Desert (Gaia/Itori) HdAc9DB
    Gaia
    Gaia

Get Married- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Rising Star- Legal Guild Ace- Halloween job event participant - Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Summer Special Participant- Player 
    Lineage : Vocat Cor
    Partner : Kyran
    Guild : Sabertooth [Ace]
    Mentor : Ruvel
    Experience : 450,578

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Dragon Tarot Magic
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

[Job] Diviners in the Dry Desert (Gaia/Itori) Empty Re: [Job] Diviners in the Dry Desert (Gaia/Itori)

Post by Gaia 17th January 2019, 9:10 pm

GAIA SABIN
    The Cards Aren't Always Right
    A short, black haired, glasses wearing mage came walking through the airport sporting something that was rather unusual for herself. Her unusual, to her, attire was a three-fourths sleeved shirt covered by a windbreaker vest, with cargo pants on, and a pair of boots upon her feet. Around her neck was her usual cloak, and Noya snuggling herself. Typically this girl would be wearing skirts and looking like a doll, but this time, the only thing doll like about her, was probably her face, even without makeup on it. She had her messenger bag on her hip with her tarot cards, but her iLac was in her right hand as she was quickly reading through something on it. Her left hand held a bladed staff that she barely let touch the ground as she walked. She had started towards where her guild member was, and puts on a smile on her face as she approached. She was barely hearing what Knalla was saying, and clears her throat. In all honesty, the mage was feeling like her guild was being insulted. But she had to be polite and have her business face on.

"Please. Have no fear, Sabertooth wouldn't underestimate themselves. We are quite strong despite some of our outwardly appearances." She says as she steps up to the two casually. "I apologize for my tardiness. I'm Gaia Sabin, the Ace of Sabertooth that will accompanying Itori today to your job." She reached her hand out to the client after pushing her staff against her body, as she slightly raises her iLac. "I was reading up on your project and seeing if I could possibly help you better so there won't have to be a second attempt." She muses to her. "I'm rather impressed that you're using a lacrima to bring water to the desert. I feel it'd be a wonderful success and hope I can only further help the success in Project Oasis. I have a few things up my sleeve that could possibly help it better too." Noya seemed to be softly snickering at her master as she knew she was trying to knock this persons negativity about the guild down. Kill them with diplomacy and kindness.

She then turned to Itori, and smiles softly. "I hope you didn't have too much trouble without me. If we're ready, we should see about getting over there." She says as she jabs her thumb behind her a bit. She had relaxed her shoulders a bit as she was away from the client. She knew when to put on a business face it seemed, and she would thank her background for it, just not mention anything about it. Noya let up a little chirping sound towards Itori. The little snowy ferret was actually rather excited to be working with someone new. Gaia was still trying to get past that, and with the help of her boyfriend, she started to open up a bit more unintentionally. She looks over to the airship, and smiles a little bit. "I've only been flying once, with my mentor... I hope this is just as exciting!" She couldn't help but say as she starts to make her way towards the ramp to get on after they were called to board the ship.

Gaia looks around in a bit of awe as she sits herself down in one of the seats on the airship. She placed herself by a window so she would look out below her like she had on Bennu with Ruvel and Masha before. She honestly wished she could go upon the creature once more for another ride upon his back. The tarot mage smiles softly to herself at that thought before she turns to look at Knalla and grins to her. The woman had looked at Gaia, and takes a deep breath before she sat down in her own seat with her fellow researchers. "I kinda hope to see that lacrima in action over the desert." Gaia couldn't help but muse aloud as she brings her iLac back out. She was reading the scientific research paper that was posted online about the project and the what the goal was about. It honestly made Gaia really excited to learn about it. She may like fantasy books over stuff like this, but it was just as interesting to see science in the making and being apart of its creation. She was hoping her reading up on the project would help her be able to help the researchers solve how to fix the machine and get it functioning properly once again.

It didn't take too terribly long, in Gaia's opinion, to get to the Forgotten Desert. The land was rather barren to her, and she could see the heat. "Oh boy... It's like Desierto..." She knew her little ferret would be having issues dealing with this heat, and only hoped she wouldn't have to work the little ferret at all. Gaia took a closer inspection towards where they'll be landing. There were groups of various looking creatures down below, and the tarot reader was pretty sure she's never seen any of these things before... She turns her attention to Itori, and raised an eyebrow. "Have you ever seen any of those creatures before? Or am I just having a hard time seeing them from way up here on this airship?" She questions her guild member.

As the airship landed, Gaia already felt the heat hitting her face, and glances to Noya, who seemed ready to jump into a pool of water. Gaia frowns as the ship had made all the creatures scurry away from them, but she had a feeling that they'd be back though, especially when they got the water working once again. Gaia looks up to the sky, covering her eyes from the sun as she tried to see if she could find the device. "Well... at least it's not windy... I feel the last thing we need is a sandstorm besides those creatures that will be coming while we do this thing..." She looks over to the group of researchers, and motions for Itori a bit. "You wanting to help fix it? Or protect? Or both?" She questions the kitsune curiously. She honestly was probably going to do both if she could, or her cards would to the protecting. Regardless, she had a way to protect herself and the researchers if need be. But she could only do so little on her own still when it came to multitasking for things like this.
    TAG: @name WORDS: 1089/7000 NOTES: bleh
    MEL @ WW

Why Did the Sky Stop Crying?
    Page 26, Post n°647

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Itori
    Itori

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

[Job] Diviners in the Dry Desert (Gaia/Itori) Empty Re: [Job] Diviners in the Dry Desert (Gaia/Itori)

Post by Itori 22nd January 2019, 4:28 pm

Itori's ear twitched, and she quickly finished what she was saying to Knalla before turning towards Gaia and bowing. She waited for her fellow guild member to finish what she had to say for the head of the Magic Science division before greeting her. "Ah, greetings lady Sabin. With your arrival we should be able to depart in but a moment. And no, there have been no issues of significance. Our client is just expressing due concern about the vitality of this expedition, so I have been trying to assure her that we will succeed." She looked back towards Knalla. "As you can see madam, we are not taking this undertaking lightly and will ensure its success."

Knalla meanwhile clearly was done with the conversation, leaving the two mages to their own devices. Hearing the chirping Itori looked towards Noya, smilng gently and leaning forward a bit before making the exact same chirping sound, as if a sonic mirror. Looking back up at the Ace she nodded. "Agreed. I must admit that I have not often enjoyed the opportunity of flight myself, so this will most likely be an exciting experience for the both of us." She followed after Gaia onto the ship, tilting her head as she could hear the whirring of machinery and the humming of magic. Once she was inside of the ship she explored it further, her eyes nearly closed as instead her ears swivelled in every direction. She wasn't an engineer and wasn't planning to build one of these things herself, but it was a very rare contraption so the sounds it produced formed a song Itori hadn't heard often before. It was different from those land vehicles the mortal races had invented: it had something smooth to it. From Itori's experience land vehicles had a roughness because in the end they all had the goal of dragging themselves and any passangers or cargo across the land. The airship sounded more like something that would swim.

She looked around at the Ace's loud musing, but seeing that Gaia was already diving into her iLac Itori didn't respond and instead just continued to listen. Now that the airship was also moving she could hear the air flowing around it, dust particles colliding with the hull and scraping against it before disappearing into the vast expanse behind them. As she had suspected, the sounds coincided a lot with that of swimming, although at a faster pace as the air lacked the weight of the ocean.

Glancing at Gaia's iLac once more Itori considered the usefulness of having such an item herself. It was one of those modern things which she wasn't entirely certain about, but it seemed a useful way to carry around information. She'd have to look into it once they were back at the guild. For now the kitsune stood as she waited for the destination to come closer while her ears remained sharp, the world around her a constant cacophony of various particles of the world interacting and dancing with one another.

She could tell when they reached the desert because the sound of the air became energetic and strong. Looking outside of the airship she saw the dunes of sand, wondering what it would look like once their expedition had been completed and more water had been supplied to the desert. It wouldn't be an instant process, but she could imagine green slowly overtaking the scorching desert. She would be waiting to see the end result.

"It looks enchanting in a way, although I am worried that with all my fur I will have trouble adjusting." She wasn't made for this kind of climate after all. Shaking her head briefly the kitsune stepped over towards the window and looked down, studying the strange creatures that Gaia had spotted before shaking her head again. "I have not often entered the desert, so I am afraid that my knowledge on its flora and fauna is limited."

Being exposed to the heat of the desert full blast had the fox-tailed mage hesitate, already feeling the heat build up inside of her. She created the weak illusion of a breeze moving across her body to somewhat alleviate the warmth while she looked around. When Gaia called her over she obediently arrived at the Ace's side, frowning thoughtfully in response to the question. "Given my limited experience with such devices I would be of more use protecting the researchers, although if I notice something strange in the device I will definitely report it as quickly as possible." She looked back at the researchers. "Once they have gotten a hold of the last locaton we will be flying through the air again, so we had better not move too far away from the airship." With that she closed her eyes and began to listen closely, receiving all the sounds the desert had to offer while patiently dividing them into varies categories. Pitch, volume, origin, and all other types of information were processed inside her head while she searched for something which didn't sound like it was a natural part of the desert. Lots and lots of sand, a surprising amount of small critters hidden underneath the sand, the sound of those strange animals quickly scattering... It took a couple of minutes before she heard the sound of something with too regular a shape for it to be natural. Opening her eyes she peered into the distance... noticing a bunch of clouds floating through the skies. While that wasn't the only gathering of clouds this was the one which created the strange sound, so that had to be the one.

She quickly reported her findings, and while her word alone wasn't enough proof the researchers were able to verify that they had found the lachrima and that they could nearly start on the second part of the expedition. While they were on the ground they wanted to make some preparations and gather some materials first, but there was little time before the two Sabertooth mages were once again called to enter the airship so they could depart for their actual destination. Unlike Knalla, who still appeared to be too worried about the possible results if things went wrong,the rest of the researchers seemed pretty amiable. Competent too, as when some of those animals returned they used some modified flashbangs to scare them off.

WC: 1063
    TWC: 2103/7000

Gaia
    Gaia

Get Married- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Rising Star- Legal Guild Ace- Halloween job event participant - Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Summer Special Participant- Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Gaia 3rd February 2019, 8:17 pm

GAIA SABIN
    Gaia gives Itori a small nod as a greeting in return to the bowing, and smiles softly to her. But when she was called 'Lady Sabin', she blushed a bit. The tarot mage honestly wasn't used to being called that... or at least anymore. "I'm glad there were no issues in my absence... And please, you don't have to be so formal with me. Miss Sabin, or Gaia, will be just fine." She muses slightly. Noya seemed pleased that she was getting attention, and that this person seemed to make the same noises as she could. She seemed to get excited on Gaia's shoulders, like she wanted to run around in circles, but with how little space she had, she couldn't. The ace smiles a little as she goes onto the ship with her companion and pet. She watches Itori's reaction on the ship, wondering if she was fine since she did say she didn't enjoy flight often. She only hoped that this time was pleasant to her guild mate, if anything, because she did have another with her.

As Itori started mentioning her fur and her having trouble adjusting, Gaia thinks for a moment. "I have a couple summons who can provide water to drink if it's needed." She lets her know as she puts down her iLac. She crosses her ankles as if she were in a dress, and looks towards the window with the creatures down below once again. "This would be my second time in a desert as well..." The mage was more talking to herself about this. The first time had been in a desert was with Kite in Desierto, when she officially unlocked her magic as her summons felt she was strong enough to wield them and use them properly. That had been one of her most favorite jobs for simply being able to get the cards to unlock themselves for her, and not protest too much. Once off of the ship, Gaia did give Itori a worried glance before looking for the lacrima device, hoping she was fine, especially after she hesitated. She takes a deep breath when the kitsune seemed fine with the heat after a moment, glad it didn't seem too bad for her. Her response to the question made her nod to her with a rather wide smile. "That's fine! Please help out when you can." She says as she nods her head to the other. She silently agrees with not going too far from the researchers, not planning to go too far regardless since she didn't know the area like they did. Her and Noya stay silent as it looked like Itori was listening about the place for something, not wanting to disturb her.

The tarot mage nods in approval as her partner had found out the location of the water lacrima device and alerted whom she needed to, smirking slightly as she pulls out a few cards. They were all water themed, but she wasn't going to activate it yet. She places those cards right on top for easy access, and gets aboard the airship once again after helping out slightly with minor things, like packing up stuff super quickly and being an extra pair of hands to hold things. She got back on the airship once again when they were to make their way towards the lacrima. At the sight of the other researchers having modified flashbangs for the creatures coming around, Gaia takes a deep breath. A couple flying bird type creatures were coming towards where the lacrima and the researchers were, and they looked ready to use their flashbangs. "Hold on, I got something to temporarily work so you don't have to worry about using those, especially since you have myself and Itori here to help guard. So focus on getting the lacrima device down." She says as she pulls out one of her tarot cards. The card depicted a picture of a two-toned silver and tan female dragon holding a sword and looking like she’s ready to go charging off to fight right then and there.

"We call those Wyning Gulls... Why Wyning? 'Cause they whine and screech super loudly..." One of the researchers quickly explains to Gaia and Itori. Gaia nods slowly. "Please... Don't let them get in a mass of like thirty... They can ruin the machine..." Gaia paused a little, and looked to her card, maybe it would help. She then nods and clears her throat. "Knight Gayle of the Air..." She says as the card starts to shake a bit. The same dragon on the card is now out in the open for everyone to see, with high winds around themselves. "You better have a good reason to be summoning me... child..." The knight glares back at her. Gaia takes a deep breath and puts her hands on her hips. "Gayle... Stop it... we're on an important job to bring water to the desert. I need you're assistance keeping those birds at bay, and to not let them keep together... Try to not harm them though... they're going to be living here and need to know this water will be safe when people aren't around it." She nods to the dragon.

Gayle seemed to roll her eyes, but she quickly threw her sword up in the air while Gaia urged the researchers to start getting the lacrima device down so they could work on it. As soon as the birds were within range, Gayle quickly thrusts her sword at the birds, and suddenly a flock of glowing brown birds will shoot down from the sky and started at least swirling around the birds to keep them from coming any closer, pushing them back, in fact. A smile was on Gaia's face as she looks over to Itori. "Gayle will help you out right now. Call me if you need additional help. I'll be helping slightly on the lacrima." She nods as she jabs her thumb. Gayle looks over her shoulder and death glares her summoner before shaking her head.
    TAG: @name WORDS: (1009)2098/7000 NOTES: HP: 400 MP: 355
    MEL @ WW

spells n things:

Itori
    Itori

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Itori 4th February 2019, 6:17 pm

Hearing the comment that she didn't need to address Gaia so formally Itori almost smiled, hiding it behind one of her wide sleeves. While she definitely didn't do it on purpose she couldn't deny that on some level she found it amusing how people reacted to her polite mannerisms. Nearly everyone told her that it wasn't necessary. She supposed that she could just adapt her speech patterns to match theirs, but she was so used to this older and more polite style that she wasn't sure if she wanted to completely abandon it.

Her musings aside, it was truly a sight to behold when the ferret responded positively to Itori's chirping. While the little critter didn't move from Gaia's shoulder the kitsune could practically hear her vibrate with the desire to move about in excitement. Adorable.

"I thank you for the offer, although I believe I will be able to handle it for now. I will be sure to ask you if the heat becomes too much." She looked out towards the skies, where soon there would be rain thanks to their efforts. "And once we have accomplished our mission we shall have more than enough water for everyone." Normally she wouldn't have made such a statement of utmost confidence, but given how Knalla was already uncertain enough about how well the Sabertooth mages would perform she wasn't about to add to that doubt by making it sound like she wasn't confident in their success.

With the tasks clearly divided amongst the two of them and the lachrima located it was time for them to dive into the thick of it. Going back into the airship Itori checked the edge of her blade as the large vehicle took off into the air and began to fly towards the clouds containing the artificial rainmaker. Even here on the airship she was paying more attention to what she could hear than what she could see, the rushing of the wind for the most part ignored together with the song of all the parts of the large construct whizzing and whirling away. She could hear footsteps of animals making their way across the sand dunes below, but those were unimportant. What was important was the sound of wingbeats heading towards their objective. Luckily Gaia had also noticed them and already had a plan for dealing with them. The more they could let the researchers focus on repairing the lachrima the sooner they would be done.

"We will make sure that they will not disturb your work. You can rest easy and focus on the task at hand while we do the same." Itori said to help the researchers feel more at ease with the decision to turn away from the fighting so they could get the rainmaker working. They pulled out a variety of small devices as they began to tamper with the thaumaturgical machine. This gave Gaia and Itori free reign with the birds that were approaching at high speed.

Watching the dragon summon the kitsune had to admit that she was impressed, but they weren't in a situation where she could afford to just watch as the summons engaged the opponents.

She nodded in agreement when Gaia stressed that they shouldn't harm the birds, given that they were native creatures of this land and bringing rain to the desert would be kind of useless if they went around killing all the creatures that lived in it. There might be humans who didn't care about the presence of all these non-sentient creatures, but the five-tailed fox was neither human nor that kind of bastard. And she didn't think that these researchers were the type either, so if she was too reckless taking care of the bothersome birds they might consider it a poor job.

With Gayle using brown birds to distract the assailing avians Itori smiled back at Gaia while tensing her body. "I do not believe that help will be required, but thank you nonetheless." With that her entire body turned semi-ethereal, vague outlines of the background visible through her form while at the same time she appeared to be made of some ghostly substance. Launching herself she shot forward out of the airship at a much higher speed and acceleration than one would expect from a creature of flesh and blood. Within seconds she was already in front of one of the birds. Planting her feet on the bird's large back she touched its forehead with one hand and whispered something, then launched herself towards another bird. The first bird looked confused for a moment, then flew away as if nothing had happened and it never had a reason to come here in the first place.

This process was repeated with every bird present, the kitsune somehow standing on top of their backs without issue despite her being larger than the winged nuisances. The intelligent mind would have deduced that Itori's body was currently not entirely physical, which would explain why she was nearly weightless and didn't seem to have any issues accelerating to her top speed at insane rates. Once she'd convinced the last of the white birds to turn away she jumped on top of the airship. Shielding her eyes with one hand she looked around, trying to ignore the scorching sun that bore down on her. Aside from the clouds they were currently flying right next to the sky was almost completely clear, which should make it easy for them to spot anything else approaching...

The entire airship shook and Itori almost fell off when something narrowly impacted with the mechanical flyer. Looking down Itori didn't immediately spot any extensive damage, but she could see one of the pieces of ballast slowly falling down to meet the soft ground. Lowering her gaze she saw a whole bunch of small flying creatures which honestly looked like fish with steel wings. Sharp steel wings. More like fins which were big enough to act as wings. And apparently cut ballast loose? The five-tailed fox had experienced a lot of things, but this was the first time she encountered this creature.

Jumping down she drew her sword as another of the flying fish zipped towards the airship. Catching the clear intent to cut into the vehicle with its sharp fin-wings Itori blocked the creature with her sword, somewhat impressed that the wing didn't show any sign of tearing or breaking after the hard impact with her weapon. Planting her sandalled foot on the unusual visitor's face Itori kicked herself back onto the airship while at the same time launching the fish backwards, gathering magic in one hand while keeping a solid grip on her sword with the other.

"I do hope these are not your usual desert creatures. They appear to be quite vicious and durable."

WC: 1135
    TWC: 3238/7000

Gaia
    Gaia

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Gaia 22nd March 2019, 4:13 pm

GAIA SABIN
    A small smile was on Gaia’s face as she sees Itori go rather transparent-ish. “That… seems useful.” She chuckles before she nods to her partner before going over to the researchers. She gives them a quick nod before she had positioned herself with them to watch her summon, while also keeping herself alert for other birds around them. She had read up enough on the project that she felt she could help good and well enough. She offered her hand over tinkering with the water lacrima, and Knalla seemed hesitant at first, but she ended up giving her a tool as well. Gaia glances over to Gayle, watching her work alongside Itori. She blinks a bit as she watches her guild member with her summon, zipping from Wyning Gull to Wyning Gull.

Gayle didn’t seem to mind the kitsune jumping about. In fact, her jumping about made it easier for her to call off some of her birds she controlled to focus them elsewhere. So far… this was easy, and actually rather boring to the dragon summon while her summoner was working away with the other researchers. The summon was wanting to fight, rather than doing this kind of stuff… It wasn’t her style to simply push back. When all of the Wyning Gulls were gone, Gayle had her birds flying in a circle around, ready and alert to go after more.

As the ship shook, Gaia had nearly messed up on the lacrima, but she was caught by one of the other researchers and another one begun to hold onto the lacrima to keep it from falling over. Knalla looked over at Gaia, who quickly takes a deep breath and looks out towards the opening where Gayle was. Gayle looked like she was snarling at things as she looked around. Gaia gets up and goes over towards the opening to see what was out there. “Oh… Great…” She mutters. “Gayle!” “Already on it, child.” The dragon growls at her while it pointed its sword towards the fish birds. She then pulls out another card. “I have a feeling these things won’t stay away so easily…” The tarot mage grumbles to herself.

Gayle’s birds were having a bit of issue with these sharp winged creatures with fish bodies, they didn’t want to stop for the flock of glowing birds on them. Gaia holds out her card. “I know I said to be weary to not chase them off, but if it’s to protect the lacrima, you may have to harm the creatures.” She warns Gayle. While holding up a card with a deep blue male dragon holding a cup and sitting on a throne on it, and shouts out. “King Apalala of the Deep!” The card shimmered and that same male dragon was out of the card. He looked like he was calm, and smelled like cucumbers. His cup in his claws was dripping water, but he was lightly playing with it to keep too much of the water from spilling out. “King Apalala, I need you to help push back those bird… fish things. Gayle can only do so much.” She says as the dragon smiles. “Yes, m’lady.” Gaia makes a small face, but shakes her head. They never listen to her about the formalities, so she’s given up at least telling them to calm down, since only a few of the dragons used them. She looks over to Itori, and calls out to her. “Itori! Watch out! Incoming rush of water!” She calls down to her.

A moment later, Apalala simply held up his cup, before he turned it over when he was at the edge of the airship. A researcher seemed confused about her dragon summons doing, till water had gushed out of the overturned cup and was spreading out to go after the flying fish after Itori had pushed herself back away from it. Gaia looked up a bit, and frowns. “Gayle, there’s more of the Wyning Gulls.” She calls out. Gayle growls before she directs her birds back towards the other creatures, pushing them back once again and distracting them with her birds. She wanted to fight the other birds. When one had started to get a bit too close to her though, she quickly jumps at it and uses her sword to block the sky slicers wing. A moment later she twists herself and kicks at the fish bird, staying where she was by using her wings, which were now outstretched to hold her weight up. No way was she going to let her summoner have a near death incident in the desert again. “Gayle, try to not harm them unless it’s an absolute last resort.” Gaia called down to the dragon, who glared back at her. “Why don’t you come do it yourself?!” She hisses at her before she swooped down to go after the birds again, grabbing hold of the wing as Apalala’s water had ran past her and shoved a bunch of them back. His water was going right down to the ground, so some of the gulls were going down to the puddle that was forming and getting bigger and bigger from his cup. The sky slicers didn’t seem to care about it too much though.

Gaia had hoped that they would get attracted to the water, and that Gayle and Itori might be able to hold back the birds. There was still work to do on the lacrima before it could be put back in the sky. She grips the tool she has in her hands and turns around quickly. “Alright! We need to hold down this lacrima device good and tight! We’re more than likely going to have a bumpy ride right now, but I don’t think that can stop us from completing our mission.” She says with a grin to them. Knalla stands up. “Who put you in charge here? You’re just a mage! Your job is to protect us while we worked on the water lacrima!” She begins to shout at the girl in glasses. The mage simply looks at the woman as she stood there. “If you didn’t notice, I have a couple summons out there, and-” “And she’s been helping us out greatly!” One of the other researchers calls out to Knalla. Gaia clears her throat. “I’m helping out yes, I’m also telling you to anchor down the lacrima in case we get bumped once more so we don’t lose the lacrima device like we nearly did before.” She warns the woman. Knalla had gnashed her teeth a bit before she turns around and nods to the group. “Get the lacrima held down tight and lets get back to repairing it.” She tells them.

“Thank you. I don’t mean to take control, but when it comes to protecting everyone, believe me when I say I have everyone’s best interests in mind and only want to keep everything you’ve worked so hard for, safe.” Her head dips a little as she gives them a small bow, and glances back to see Gayle hitting another sky slicer and shoving it back while Apalala had jumped off of the airship to let his rush of water hit even harder on the birds, before she went over to the lacrima and was helping them secure it down to the floor of the airship before she went to helping them once more in repairing it.
    TAG: @name WORDS: (1236)3334/7000 NOTES: HP: 400 MP: 315
    MEL @ WW

Spells n Things:

Itori
    Itori

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Itori 25th March 2019, 12:34 pm

Itori had to admit that this wasn't her preferred battlefield. She wasn't a warrior at heart so no battlefield was her preferred battlefield, but even amongst all the non-preferred battlefields this one didn't rank very high. It had a couple of issues that she was having trouble completely compensating for, and while she wasn't about to give in she was wracking her thoughts trying to think of a way to make this a bit easier.

The first issue was the most glaring: kitsune aren't natural fliers. While they were capable shapeshifters and Itori did actually have some prior experience with being a bird that was a long time ago, and 'some experience' didn't equate to 'can fight as adequately in the air as on land'. She knew that kitsune could learn how to fly without the use of wings once they became older and stronger but it looked like she wasn't quite that good yet. And even worse than trying to fly while in a body suited for it was trying to fly in a humanoid body with some wings attached so she wasn't even going to try that one. Humanoids simply weren't built for flight. If you looked at the structure of flying creatures you'd quickly notice that they were almost always top heavy and had short hind legs to reduce the amount of body that would be trailing behind them in flight being nothing more than dead meat. Of course having some additional body parts did help with the stabilization but the amount of lower body humans had was a lot more than necessary which made it more trouble than it was worth.

So this fight, up in the clouds, trying to find of critters which somehow took offence to the airship trying to repair the rain lachrima? Not the best place for her to showcase her abilities. She relied more on melee combat than ranged attacks as well, so that made it even more of a hassle for her.

The second issue was that she was protecting something much bigger than herself. Bigger, slower, with worse mobility and less methods to avoid or recover from attacks. If it had just been her she could have evaded and turned ethereal to deal with the brunt of the attacks coming from these steel-winged fish-bodied assailants. Instead she had to guard the ship against them because they were very insistent on attacking the big flying construct rather than the mages.

The third issue was that she wasn't dealing with a single big enemy. She was dealing with a swarm. Two swarms in fact, as next to the sky slicers some more of the wyning gulls showed up. Not nearly as problematic as the sky slicers, but the five-tailed fox would still have preferred it if they'd stayed away and let the humans do their thing in trying to turn these barren deserts into lush forests and grassy plains.

Well, whining wouldn't improve the situation. While she was considering their situation Gaia had summoned another dragon, this one clearly water-oriented going by the name, the colouration and the fact that he was holding an overflowing cup. With him dropping a lot of water onto the sky slicers (and other birds) once they got too close at least that kept a part of the assailants busy, so the vixen took the opportunity and got to work on the rest. Fortunately Gayle was still doing a good job keeping the wyning gulls busy, so at least she had time to think.

As some more of the sky slicers flew towards the ship Itori crafted an illusion. From the perspective of the fish-shaped birds there suddenly was a mountain blocking their path, and while the creatures were unusually aggressive they weren't about to smash face first into a giant wall of rock. Evading to the side they tried to loop around and charge the ship from another direction, only to once again be facing a mountain.

Having pressed her hands together Itori had closed her eyes and was focusing on her ears. Eyes could only look in one direction, ears were omnidirectional in their sensory. While it was very subtle she could pick up on the movements of the sky slicers and the way the wind flowed around them, which allowed her to have a decent grasp on their locations. Now that she was standing still and not getting distracted by her sight she could begin crafting several illusions at the same time. The simplest one was the aforementioned mountain, which she kept reforming in different shapes and locations to keep the steel-winged nuisances confused and unable to question whether it was real or not. She also created some illusory birds of prey that were several sizes larger than usual which lunged at sky slicers which tried to slip between the fake mountains. Suddenly having razor sharp talons rip past your head, missing you by an inch, was enough for the sky slicers to pull back and reconsider attacking.

With Gayle keeping the wyning gulls busy and Apalala striking at the sky slicers with water (which was ironic in a way) Itori could do her part in keeping the remaining nuisances occupied. However she felt like they weren't getting anywhere: they were keeping the birds at bay, but they were doggedly persistent and it looked like the amount was slowly increasing. Not entirely surprising considering that the airship and the rain lachrima stuck out like a sore thumb in an otherwise almost completely empty sky. She didn't know how long the researchers needed to repair the rainmaker but if it took too long she and the dragons would be forced to use some more aggressive methods to discourage the attackers in a more permanent fashion. While Itori had been able to persuade the first group of wyning gulls to leave that was partially because those hadn't actually directly attacked the airship.

"I understand and agree with the desire to not harm these birds they are quite persistent in their desire to interfere with our work. While we can manage so far if it keeps up like this we might have to resort to more drastic measures. We do want them to make use of the rain that this lachrima will be producing but if they get in the way of completion..." She didn't finish that sentence not to make it sound ominous, but because she wasn't entirely sure what the answer was. She didn't want to harm the creatures either, but she was torn on whether that meant they might have to resort to potentially lethal measures.

As she pondered this her ears twitched and her attention was pulled away from the current semi-battlefield. She could hear something large moving through the skies in the distance, and heading their way. It was still far off so it would take some time before it reached them, but it only took several seconds of listening to ascertain that it was definitely coming here.

"Could someone look to the southeast? I believe a bigger threat may be heading our way, but I need to concentrate on deceiving the current assailants." Even as she spoke she was constantly crafting new illusions, although she was becoming more daring with them: before she'd used mountains and oversized birds of prey, now she made the sky slicers and the wyning gulls feel as if big gusts of wind were trying to blow them backwards while the air was filled with illusory projectiles. She was careful not to have any of those fake attacks land, partially because the birds might figure out that they're fake and partially because while she could make them feel the pain that would ruin the plan of making these birds not treat the rain lachrima as dangerous.

WC: 1,300
    TWC: 4,538/7,000

Gaia
    Gaia

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Gaia 30th July 2019, 9:12 pm

GAIA SABIN
    Gaia was trying her hardest to concentrate solely on the lacrima machine she was working on after she and the researchers managed to bolt it down temporarily, but the noise going on outside of the airship was getting her attention a bit more than the work she was doing in front of her. She grits her teeth and tries to work a little faster, and it seemed the rest of the researchers were doing the exact same thing too. They were all wanting to get this working properly once again to get out of the Wyning Gulls feathers, and the Sky Slicers way. No one wanted to be crash landed down below on the ground after an accident just because one of the birds were spooked or whatever. All their work would have been for naught. It didn’t take too long for Gaia to hear some more gulls coming to the aid of the slicers after Gayle and Itori seemed to had just taken care of a good chunk of them from before. Their screeching wasn’t something one could easily ignore. She felt the airship start to shake a bit from the screeching, and honestly felt worried about their safety. Apalala was staying where he was, allowing the water to pour out and distract some of the birds at least. He had tipped his cup up before he just let it rush back out once again, smacking some of the birds more when they tried to come back up at the ship cause of the water stopping.

“These are quite temperamental birds…” King Apalala couldn’t help but comment to his companions. “Yeah?! Why  not just get rid of them?! I’m already sick of these stupid bird things!” Gayle cries out as she lets her feet stomp on the back of a sky slicer fish bird, and launched herself up again. She called forth her birds to start bothering others, directing them well away from the ship and trying to get them to shoo, but they were coming back after the birds flew away from them. As Itori had started to cast illusions on the ship for the sky slicers… they were starting to redirect themselves, and Gayle seemed to be pleased with this outcome. She had quickly jumped at some that were flying away, and used her birds to get in their face, further keeping them from going after the ship by shoving them down. The birds that weren’t distracted by the water, or Gayle didn’t have herself, seemed to be flying away in fear of something there. Gayle wasn’t paying attention, and Gaia was half focusing on the lacrima as fast as she could with the others. Regardless, whatever Itori was doing, Gayle wasn’t going to be stopping her.

As Itori started speaking about understanding not harming the creatures, and stating that they can only do so much to not harm them. Gaia grits her teeth a little and stands up. “If it comes to it, we’ll use more drastic measures.” She says with a rather determined nod. She had a sinking feeling that they would soon though. “If the wyning gulls and sky slicers manage to get in the way, then it’s probably end game for us…” She says bluntly. Normally the tarot mage wasn’t this blunt, but there are times where blunt like this was needed. Gaia noticed her companion’s twitching ears, and froze a moment while the researchers continued to fix up the lacrima machine. What was it that would get the kitsune to be witching her ears like so? More Sky Slicers? More Wyning Gulls? She hoped it was nothing else. That would really put a drab on things here. Especially if it was something else that was bigger. Then she said the words. ‘Bigger threat.’ Great. Just what they needed.

Without a second thought, Gaia quickly moved to go towards the southeastern side of the ship to see what was going on out there. Then she spotted it. Her jaw hung open as she looked at this massive… monstrosity that was seeming to come after them. “Holy…” One of the researchers had come up from behind Gaia, and she didn’t flinch as her eyes were locked on the creature flying towards them. “It’s like a giant lizard with wings! But it’s not a dragon!” Another researcher exclaimed. Gaia nods as she bit her bottom lip. She didn’t know what she should do anymore. Should she continue with the assisting the researchers? Or should she get out there and fight? “I think I want to go home…” That made Gaia turn her head, and smirk. “We’ll take care of it.” She says in a determined tone of voice. She quickly goes back to the lacrima and grabs hold of her bladed staff after putting her tools in the tool box quickly. “Keep on working. We’ll be outside fighting off these things. Itori!” She quickly runs to the edge of the barde and looks around.

It was now or never. “We might have to harm these things to keep them away! We do have bigger problems to worry about than these scrawny things! We have a flying lizard abomination our way.” She calls out as she pulls out her deck of cards. Noya was huddling up under one of the chairs on the airship, trying to keep herself hidden and safe from all the dangers that were going on outside. This wasn’t like the safe ground she was used to. This was up in the air… and not the ground! The poor little ferret was scared out of her little mind right now. But she would most definitely run to help Gaia should she need it, anything for her master. Gaia pulls out another card. Her third summon. This card had a shimmering two-tone purplish red female dragon holding a staff-like walking stick on it, and as she held it out, it started shimmering already. “Fire Queen Sirroa!” She shouts as the dragon comes forth from the card. The dragon was a bit bigger than the others, and had a stern look on her face before she let herself fall a bit. Gaia grits her teeth and take a couple steps back before she quickly starts to run forward. As soon as she got to the edge, she didn’t stop. Instead, she just jumped right off of the airship and over the edge of it. For a little bit, with her staff, she was free falling down towards the ground.

The next moment she knew, Queen Sirroa had caught her summoner on her back. “Thank you for summoning me, child. Next time, don’t be reckless though.” “I summoned you so I could be reckless. Lets get after that thing!” She points towards the beast that was closer than before now. Sirroa seems to growl a bit as she glares. “Child… you must be playing…” “Sorry your highness!” Gaia started to stand up a bit on Sirroa’s back, holding onto her staff tight in her hands while they flew. Technically, Gaia should have sat down, as Gayle flew over Gaia and Sirroa as she followed after some more Gull and slicers. She wasn’t caring much anymore about trying to not harm them. They actually had gotten on the dragons last nerves. They weren’t going to be allowed to even touch the airship and the lacrima that was within it. Gaia hoped that Itori was doing well working with Apalala and Gayle, and was trying to think of one of her other cards to help her out… if another could…

“Child.” The dragon's voice distracted the bespeckled tarot mage and brought her back down to earth. “I think I can tell it’s weakness… you said it was an abomination of lizard with wings… if it is so… the wings should be it’s weakness, kind of like a dragons wings can.” She explained to her quickly. A grin forms on Gaia’s lips. “Let's distract it and test this theory.” She crouches down to be lower on Sirroa’s back once again. The purplish red dragon started making her way towards it, letting out her own roar as she flew around it’s head. The abomination was clearly distracted by the red thing flying around it, and started to turn towards it for a moment. Gaia kept her eyes out at the lizard thing for an opening to see if they could hit the wing. It actually didn’t take long. “Queen Sirroa!” She says. "To your right!” The dragon positioned herself to be vertical once again, doing it just enough that Gaia can grab hold of her dragons back and cling without risking falling off. She then let out a plum of fire right at the creatures wing. Hopefully that would start stopping it. As soon as the fire burned it, it let out a snarled cry that Gaia couldn’t even begin to attempt to describe. But, at least they could already tell that this creature could be hurt on the wings.

Over by the airship, Apalala let his large blue looked over towards Itori. “Miss, if you need a ride, I am more than happy to aid you in traveling the skies.” He says in his calming voice. He was already debating on flying around with his cup to distract the remaining wyning gulls Gayle hadn’t gotten yet. It could help direct them away from the airship. He wanted to test it out, but if the kitsune needed help traveling, he’d happily oblige and volunteer himself for the task while testing out his own theory that the gulls would follow him around.

Spells n things:
    TAG: @Itori WORDS: (1601) 4935/7000 (9473/14000) NOTES: HP: 400 MP: 255
    MEL @ WW

Itori
    Itori

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Itori 3rd September 2019, 3:50 pm

Itori was glad that Gaia had summoned those dragons to help out. They were more than doing their share in keeping the airborne assailants at bay, given that rather than raw firepower what they needed right now was more hands. That and dragons were always useful allies to have, given their tendency of being ridiculously strong. Still, it was clear that the summons were also beginning to reach the end of their patience with the wyning gulls and the sky slicers, which was no surprise to the fox: even as she was continuously forming new illusions to keep the birds confused she found herself pressing her jaws together and her tips of her tails flicking behind her as if she wished to lash out at something. As patient a soul as she was a constant barrage of noise and annoying little birds would get on anyone's nerves.

And then things got even worse as Gaia followed up on Itori's request to check out the southeastern skies only to confirm that something else was also heading this way. The only upside of that was that Itori found her lips quirking into a small smile despite the circumstances. She found herself honestly curious what this creature looked like, for it to be described as a lizard with wings but at the same time decidely non-draconic. In these western lands that would almost be called a contradiction of terms. In any other situation she might actually have stood up to have a look.

But that wasn't to be, because even as her partner on this job stated that she'd take care of the big threat Itori was still stuck fending off what felt like an endless horde of noisy angry birds. She nodded to show that she had received the message, but beyond that most of her brain was occupied with the task of making the birds think that every time they got close to the airship a gust of wind would blow them away and force them to focus on regaining their balance in the air before they could resume their assault.

The gusts of wind were actually a lot more effective than the mountains: while they didn't provide as solid-seeming an obstacle the birds had zero reason to not believe those gusts were there, which meant that for those sky-borne nuisances the gusts were effectively real. And she could catch several birds with one illusionary gust, pushing them off course and leaving them squawking or shrieking in indignation without becoming even more hostile than before. For a bird gusts of wind were entirely natural, they weren't going to blame it on the strange metal flying thing even if said gusts of wind seemed to only occur when they tried to approach.

But even with that efficient method of keeping the airship safe Itori could tell that this wasn't going to keep working. Her brow was furrowed and she could feel a headache building. Illusionists could make fantasy reality, but since a lot of those powers were in the mind of the deceiver and the beholder it didn't come without drawbacks. The current drawback was that Itori was forcing herself to contort reality in too many places at the same time for minutes on end. And they weren't static illusions either, so she constantly had to pay attention to small changes to make sure the illusions remained realistic enough for them to be able to actually effect the birds. Paying such close attention to so many things at the same time would give anyone a migraine, if they were capable of doing it at all.

However she still wasn't going to resort to more violent measures unless it looked like there really was no other recourse left for them. The violent answer would be less of a burden on her mind and would probably be even more effective but it'd be wrong on a moral level. The kitsune had to catch herself before she got too distracted by the internal moral debate, which would certainly have caused her to drop a couple of illusions in the process.

When she heard a voice addressing her she opened her eyes and looked at Apalala, her vermilion eyes showing worry and intense concentration even as she tried to pay proper attention to what the aquatic dragon had to say. Flight...? She didn't think that would help at this point, but maybe... "You have my gratitude for the offer, but I can only think of one task you could help me with. Our current strategy will not remain effective for much longer, so I must resort to a more drastic approach. If you could aid me in reaching the top of the airship I would be grateful." She could probably have made it up there by herself, but she didn't want to abandon her illusions just yet so having Apalala take care of the moving about would free up some brainpower for her illusions.

With the blue dragon's help she got to the top of the airship quite easily, above where everyone else was desperately working on the lachryma which was meant to provide water to this long-neglected desert. The five-tailed kitsune gave the summoned dragon a quick bow before once again returning her focus to her work. Illusions weren't going to keep working, eventually the birds would get through if only because Itori simply couldn't focus on so many things at the same time. No single mind could, at least not without a lot of talent and a lot of training. For all her long life Itori didn't have the kind of training that would allow someone to maintain focus on several dozen different things at the same time with each thing getting as much attention as most people would give to only a single thing at a time.

So she'd have to do something a bit riskier. It was risky because even if it worked it'd mean she was quickly draining all of her energy to make it work, so if repairing the lachryma took longer than she could hold out she'd effectively becomes useless and the sky-barge would most likely crash.

Forming a spherical cage with her palms and fingers Itori poured a large amount of mana into the space between, forming an orb which glowed with a shimmering, ethereal light. It was like beams of light worming their way through twisting waters to the bottom of the ocean, but with a pale and wispy quality that was signature for ghosts and spirits. Once enough mana had been poured into it the five-tailed kitsune forced it to rapidly expand, the orb harmlessly passing through herself, the airship and everyone in or on the flying metal constraption until the ghostly sphere had enveloped it in its entirety. Taking a deep breath Itori then forced the ghostly barrier to cross the realms and exist in both at the same time, in time for several birds to slam right into it as it now functioned as a spherical defence against assailants from all sides.

As the spirit ward manifested to block out any hostile entities regardless of whether they were flesh or spirit the ghostly light dimmed somewhat to instead be replaced by amorphous shapes drifting across the surface of the barrier. Never did they form anything which could be recognized, but they still lingered in the mind and some of the researchers would later swear they saw strange things just beyond the barrier. Itori's spirit ward simultaneously connected the physical and the spiritual realm and created a barrier in both, blocking out that which she wanted to keep out but also allowing residents of both realms to catch glimpses of the other regardless of their own attunement.

With the barrier up Itori didn't have to bother with the illusions any longer: as long as she kept pouring more energy into the ward the birds wouldn't be able to touch the ship at all. Even the wyning gull's screams were dampened, protecting both the kitsune's poor sensitive ears and everyone else from the harmful vibrations. It was an immense relief to no longer have to pay attention to so many things at the same time to such extents, but she could also feel that despite being a five-tails she couldn't keep this up for long. A single bird's attack meant nothing, but when there were dozens of them their attempts at clawing their way through the ward was a constant drain.

Breathing a bit heavier than before the vermilion-eyed spiritualist looked over towards where Gaia was engaging the large threat, the winged lizard which somehow most definitely was not a dragon. If the other mage couldn't keep that one from attacking the sky-barge they'd all be in trouble, because Itori held no delusions about how well her ward would hold up against an attack from a creature as large as the massive skyfaring vehicle she was trying to protect.

WC: 1,493
    TWC: 6,031/7,000
    TTWC: 10,966/14,000

Gaia
    Gaia

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Gaia 19th October 2019, 8:36 pm

The Tarot Mage
    Apalala waited patiently for Itori to answer him, he shook his cup a bit more to make more water rush out and smack a few of the wyning gulls. He perked his head a little to her as she responded though. “To the top? There is no issue in this~” He says with a smile on his face. He allowed her to get on his back and continued to keep his chalice upside down as he flew about. While he flew up, the dragon had the gulls following the water source, of course not all of them had decided to follow through though. Gayle had to get those ones. He shook his cup in a circle to be able to have the gulls smacking into one another. After dropping the kitsune off at the top, he gave her a quick nod and flew off to the side a bit, distracting the other gulls and smacking them with his water once more.

In all honesty, the dragon was curious about what it was the other wanted to do and kept himself looking towards the airship to see what she did. He watched on as she created a mana orb with her hands and let it grow bigger. He honestly was impressed with this display, and wanted to continue to watch her do her thing, but one of the sky slicers wanted to come at him for the water. The water king let up a growl before he shook his cup at the slicer, smacking it with the rapidly escaping water from his chalice. Of course more started to try and get him and he just had to repeat the process on them too. Next thin the dragon knew, a sky slicer had smacked into the barrier and he couldn’t help but snorts calmly. “Well that was quite entertaining to see…” He couldn’t help but say.

He had flown back to where Itori was, and landed gently on top after turning his cup right side up again. “Is it able to stay without you holding it? If it is, we could go to the young miss and help her out with… whatever that is.” He honestly couldn’t even describe the beast he was able to see from on top of the airship that Gaia was at. It absolutely didn’t look anything like a dragon. As one of the researchers said, it was like a lizard, but a giant one that happened to have some wings grafted onto its back. He honestly was glad that it wasn’t called a dragon by any of the humans down on the ship, because that was nothing but an abomination to even the calm dragon there. If the kitsune accepted his help again, he allowed her to get upon his back again to fly over towards where Gaia was.

Gayle had purposely let herself fly outside of the ward and was chuckling to herself at her antics. The bird like creatures were starting to come up around the area together again. “Let this be known, this is in the name of last resort!” She calls out as she shoves her sword up in the air. The birds she commanded suddenly shot up towards where the sword had gone, then followed her swords and attacked after the wyning gulls and the slicers before them. They were doing a bit more damage before to ward them off from the area, especially since the water source from Apalala was gone. Would Gaia be mad at the air knight later on? More than likely, but Gayle’s patience had run too thin with these damned birds, and she wasn’t about to let them ruin this mission that they were on.

Gaia and Sirroa were staying out of the way of the flying lizard thing as best as they could. Yeah, the wings were a great place to harm the blasted thing, but it moved after getting harmed so it was now mad that it was touched. Gaia didn’t blame it much. She probably would too! The creature let up a snarled… roar? It sounded more like a rather loud and reverberating squeak thing than a roar, though. Not as intimidating as she was expecting. That ‘roar’ shouldn’t be underestimated though. Luck would have it, more of the sky slicers were making their way over towards the trio and Gaia grits her teeth. “Welp… Sirroa! Hit the wings!” Gaia says as she glances towards the lizard. The lizard flew over them and was going towards the ship, but it was, luckily, going slow. Sirroa quickly zipped herself up in the air and aimed her staff towards the wings again. She let out another shot of fire at the wings, each, and Gaia aimed her staff, letting out eight basketball sized fire lotus’ aim themselves at the lizard and strike right between the wings.

This thing seemed like it was hungry, especially with how it slizzered its tongue out and opened and closed it’s maw at the ship. Like hell would the tarot mage let it try to harm their clients. She glanced over to Gayle, and shakes her head. “Itori! I guess it’s time to say last resort! Knalla! How close to done are you guys?!” She shouts rather loudly, hoping they would hear. Knalla didn’t hear Gaia, but Apalala had heard her, so he repeated back to the researchers Gaia’s question, quickly.

Knalla looks to the dragon and makes a bit of a face before she looks to the group. “We think we’re almost done.” She tells the dragon, who simply nods and relays that message back to Gaia. That was all she needed. “Lets hurry up and distract this thing away from the airship, Sirroa.” The bespeckled tarot mage grips harder on the dragon's scales as the purplish red dragon did a nosedive down in front of the lizards face. Gaia let the blade on her staff catch the light to blind the lizard enough to get it to turn its head and change direction again. This was proving to be a bit harder to fight in the air than on the ground. If anything, it was because Gaia wasn’t used to fighting in the air. “Child, we may need to make it aim right for the ground if we want to keep it away from the ship enough, or get a second person to come and distract it too.” Gaia grits her teeth. Could she summon another without issue? Three was already stretching it for her!
    HP: 400/400
    MP: 225/400
    Notes and enemies:
    @Itori
    (1,086) 6,021 words (12,052/14,000 total)
    Why Did the Sky Stop Crying?/Page 26, Post n°647

Itori
    Itori

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Itori 26th October 2019, 4:20 pm

With the spirit ward up Itori could breathe a little bit easier. While it was slowly draining her energy at least it was easy to maintain, so the kitsune took this time to take a quick breather and survey the situation. The little nuisances were almost all gone by this point, only a few left to scratch and claw at the barrier which refused to budge under their weak attacks. The two dragons Gaia had left behind to help defend the airship had done a good job helping take care of the birds without harming them too much.

She could see that a lot of the birds were either too exhausted to keep attacking or simply lost the drive to keep going, turning around and flying away as their persistent assault had zero effect on the airship that was busy restoring the lachrima meant to let rain fall on this barren land. This was a relief, since it also meant that the amount of energy needed to sustain the barrier sharply dropped. It dropped even further as the dragons took care of the remaining small fliers, leaving the five-tailed fox with little to do but watch as the only real threat left was being distracted by Gaia and the third dragon.

While Itori could see how this definitely wasn't a dragon she was still somewhat amused by the fact that a flying lizard would look so unalike the typical mental image of a dragon that people would actually not call it that. Given how easy it was for people to slap names onto things it was amazing, really. She as an illusionist was perfectly aware how easy it could be to make people believe that something was something else as long as you knew exactly how to nudge them in the right direction.

But that wasn't the most pressing concern now. The most pressing concern was figuring out how to deal with that huge flying lizard.

"It will remain even if I move and perform other actions, but doing so would halt the link between me and it that allows me to keep strengthening it. From a creature of size it would take several blows at best before the ward would fall." She pointed at the flying lizard with one tail as she kept her hands folded together, a smaller orb of the same ghostly light hovering between her palms. The small orb could be considered a representation of the bigger ward, allowing her to strengthen the barrier through it.

"As for what that creature is, I must admit that I am unsure. It does not look like magic formed an important part of its creation, but nevertheless it is a lot larger than most other airborne creatures, reptilian or otherwise. I imagine that just like with the previous assailants it will depart once it has been suitably discouraged." Of course the small issue would be that it would take a lot more to discourage a creature of this size. Merely hitting it a couple of times would just enrage it. Maybe rather than discouragement distraction would be more viable...

As Gaia engaged the flying lizard Itori went through the options in her head. Her tails were spread out behind her, only swaying very slightly as her hands remained together to maintain the sphere which linked her energy to the spirit ward. The screech the beast let loose was... rather underwhelming, but Itori wasn't going to complain about it because she'd already dealt with enough noisy beasts today. If one of them wanted to be softer than expected that was all right with her.

Seeing that despite Gaia's attempts the flying lizard was still approaching the airship Itori readied herself for impact. The very first attack at least should safely be caught by the ward, but she wouldn't know how much energy it would take to keep the ward up afterwards until that first hit had landed.

"Understood." That was her simple response to Gaia's shout that they should stop playing it safe and instead go all out to prevent the lizard eating the ship. The kitsune broke the contact between her fingers, the orb hovering between her hands fading away as the kitsune instead began to form a whole forest of ghostly flames around herself. The foxfires danced merrily even as she watched the colossal winged reptile get blinded by Gaia reflecting some light into its eyes. The spirit ward could hopefully take one hit, after which she'd try to follow up on it.

Sure enough, while Gaia's distraction certainly helped keep the winged lizard at bay the great beast wasn't going to be dissuased that quickly, and after shaking off the blindness it circled around and charged the airship from another direction. As it opened its mouth it gave another screech before colliding with the spirit ward, the magical barrier absorbing the impact quite well so the airship itself remained untouched. Nevertheless Itori could see that if this monster was allowed to keep biting and clawing away at the ward it'd quickly yield, so she didn't hesitate in acting.

Stretching out her hands as if throwing something all the foxfires she'd been forming all flew towards the lizard as one, smashing into it to to the sound of it screeching again. At the same time she formed an illusion of a large wave of flame washing over the lizard, pushing it backwards and scorching its scales and wings. The winged lizard, being hit by the very real spirit flames at the same time as the much bigger wave of illusionary fire, had no reason to disbelief that this was happening and because of that was quickly pushed away from both the airship and the barrier that protected it. That said the spirit ward was a lot fainter than before, the swirling shapes looking like weak ripples in water.

While the winged lizard was busy trying to get rid of the flames that it believed were eating away at its body Itori looked over towards Gaia, throwing her voice so her fellow mage would her her words clearly despite the distance between the two of them. "My ward would not be capable of withstanding another attack, and the beast also will not remain distracted forever. I urge you to aid in chasing it away for good."

WC: 1,057
    TWC: 7,088/7,000 (Completed)
    TTWC: 13,109/14,000

Gaia
    Gaia

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Gaia 30th November 2019, 11:36 pm

The Tarot Mage
    Apalala looks over towards his fellow dragon as she was letting her birds attack everything around her. She was refusing to let the birds, the screaming ones and the fish birds, get anywhere near her anymore. It was obvious that the dragon was irritated with the blasted things. Gayle lifted her silver and tanned head and let up a rather loud, and reverberating, roar to try to scare away some of the wyning gulls and sky slicers. She may be the knight of air, but her temper was on a short leash most of the time. As the last of the flying creatures started flying away, Gayle huffed and looked to Gaia and Sirroa. Apalala looked towards the kitsune as she explained about the ward if she were to leave it, and nods slowly. He dips his head a bit. "If you need any assistance with keeping the ward strong, please let me know. I will do what I can to help." The dragon figured the kitsune didn't really need his help, but putting it on the table didn't seem like a bad idea regardless.

Apalala looks back to the abomination lizard and frowns. He nods his head in agreement to the other diviner as she observed that the lizard thing didn't seem to be magically created like so. Apalala tried to keep a smort from escaping his maw when the flying lizard squeaked, but he could hear the roaring laughter of Gayle as she found utter humor from it's 'roar'. "You call that a roar?! I think it's just a big push over! Let me blow it away with one gust, child!" The warrior dragon laughs as she was itching to aim her birds at the creature.

Gaia had quickly shot the air knight a glare for her comment before she shook her head and focused on the abomination before her. Gayle saw the sky slicers that were being summoned by the creature and grips her sword. Of course the dragon was upset she couldn't go up against the big baddy on her own, but she'd deal with knocking these small fries out regardless! Gaia had noticed that her distraction didn't last long and that the abomination was going right back towards the airship. Sirroa turned herself back around and began zipping around the beast. The researchers were panicking inside the ship as they seemed to watch the thing fly right at them. The dragons all watched as the flying lizard crashed with the shield. Gaia lifted her staff and more of the fire lotus appeared around her. At the same time as Itori had thrown her foxfire, the tarot reader had done the same with her own lotus fire to hit the creature simultaneously with her.

The tarot reader watched as the mushed creature squeaked in pain and frowns to herself. The shield didn't seem to be holding as good anymore after one hit. "Child…" Sirroa said in a concerned voice. "You need to do more to keep the beast away…” Itori had just called over to Gaia and said the same thing. She holds on tight as the fire queen decides to nosedive again, making the blade of her staff catch more of the light and blinding the thing temporarily. “That’s not going to work too much Queen Sirroa!” She then had an idea. She was still trying to perfect this ability, but it seemed like a great option right now. With a rather deep breath, Gaia reaches back and grabs her whole deck of cards. She held the deck up above her and takes a deep breath before she bent the cards at the top and bottom of the cards to let them fly out above her.

“Fogah Supri Lasauic
    Si relgr acht wux ekess letoclo ve,
    Voenllyl sia relgr vur confn zexenuma ini ve,
    Fogah Supri Lasauic,
    Nymuer sia ulnot vur nar sia irlym.”

She had chanted while the cards were starting to fall around her till the last one left her hands. She held her hand out and the cards quickly had found themselves back in her hand as she gripped Sirroa’s scales more. “Now we’re talking, Child!” The queen cheers happily. Apalala and Gayle also had quickly made their way towards Gaia and the purplish red dragon as various other semi-opaque versions of the rest of the dragons of the Major Arcana, as well as of the Kings, Queens, Knights, and Pages from all the Minor Arcana suits were floating around the little group. Everyone could see them, even the researchers on the ship. There was thirty-eight of them total with the three Gaia had already summoned. Of course, during this display of multiple dragons, the flying lizard started going after the ship again, and decided that it wanted to start to go investigate them as a mist fell over the surrounding area. The dragons seemed to be humming something together while the mist was settling around them.

Gaia pointed her staff towards the lizard. “Don’t hurt it too bad, just… scare it off.” She says loudly just before a blast of energy smacks down onto the lizard. The energy had quite literally pushed its head down and made it fall a good deal away from the airship. It looks back up at the group of dragons and squawks back at them. It seemed to really not like having something fighting it while it wanted it’s snack, but also seemed to start backing off and going away. A small triumphant smirk was on Gaia’s lips as she watched it run away. The semi-opaque dragons started to fade away again as Gayle quickly shoved herself towards the rest of the sky slicers and raised her sword for her birds to go after. Apalala seemed to follow after her, holding his cup in both hands before letting its contents fall onto the slicers. The combination of the birds and the water seemed to ward off the birds a bit, while Sirroa flew back towards the ship. Gaia sat up on the dragons back as she looked around. Of course she was on alert for more. That was till she heard cheering going on in the ship. “It’s fixed!” Someone cried out rather happily before the group of researchers let the lacrima machine back into the sky and it started to do its thing again.

“Thank you, for coming with me on this… That shield was something else.” The short haired mage smiles to the kitsune. Gaia knew she didn’t have a shield even half as grand as the one Itori put up around the ship. That would be something she would have to work towards getting from one of the cards more than likely. After the two had returned to the platform, Gaia bowed politely to the other, smiling sweetly as she lifted her head up again. “I really do appreciate your help today! I hope we can work together more, Miss Itori. Please feel free to reach out to me if there is anything you need as well.” Noya had finally run out from under her chair on the airship and ran up Gaia’s leg to be on her masters shoulders, cuddling in close to her neck. A snort escaped the tarot mage’s lips as she rubbed her ferrets head while dipping her own to the other. “I would like to check out some things here for a bit. You don’t have to wait for me if you’re going back to the guild hall. Please take care.” She muses as she waves goodbye to Itori while she goes to Knalla. Gaia wanted to find out more information about the project and see if there were any updates compared to the papers that were online.
    HP: 500/500
    MP: 500/500
    Notes and enemies:
    @tagged
    (1290) 7311 (14399/14000 total) words
    Job Link/Job Approval

Current date/time is 19th April 2024, 3:34 am