Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Solo Job: Inside Out (Zachariah)

Lemony.Boy
    Lemony.Boy

Player 
    Lineage : Brute of Fiore
    Position : None
    Guild : Errings Rising
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 10,343

Character Sheet
    First Magic:
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Solo Job: Inside Out (Zachariah) Empty Solo Job: Inside Out (Zachariah)

Post by Lemony.Boy 7th January 2019, 10:35 pm

Job Description:

Inside Out

Clover town was simply radiant the morning Zachariah arrived, when the mist that rolled off the lake came and cloaked the small town in short rainbows and golden sunlight.  The horse he rode upon strode upon the bridge to the island with clattering steps, eager to gallop on soft grass once again.  Preoccupied with the lake and its brilliant beauty, Zachariah’s attention was only grappled when his horse snorted and bent over for him to dismount.  The rustic gates of the town hung open, seemingly waiting for him.  Zachariah stepped onto the mossy path and dusted off his shoulders, dirtied with dust from his previous trip.  The quiet village slept still as he wandered around its maze of walkways, but Zachariah had no problem wandering and learning the routes, having a cup of coffee at an old woman’s café by the lake and admiring grandeur of the guild masters’ meeting place as he waited for his client.  Though, as he explored, he had the queasy feeling of eyes on his backside.  Zachariah constantly glanced over his shoulder but caught nobody lurking behind him.
    He found his horse grazing by the coast, lapping up the water and basking in the sun’s cozy rays.  A stranger tended the animal, feeding it carrots and apples while chatting with an older couple seated on a bench behind him.  A knot arose in Zachariah’s throat, and he hastily rushed over.

The young man eyed Zachariah carefully and inquired, “Are you the Sabertooth wizard?” to which Zachariah quietly nodded his head.  “I was wondering when you’d arrive,” he said.  “My name is Elliot.  I’m the one who requested your help.  Thank you so much for meeting us here.”
    Zachariah greeted the man with a smile and stifled chuckle.  “Pleasure to meet you. I’m Zachariah,” he replied.  “Now, what seems to be the problem?”
    Elliot lead Zachariah to the couple seated at the bench.  “These are my parents,” he introduced, “I’ve been trying to explain to them my…problem but I can’t seem to get them to understand.”  He then turned to Zachariah, “that’s why I called you here.  I thought a new perspective could help.”
    Zachariah blushed and scratched his head.  “Explanation is not my strong suit, but anything to help a client in trouble,” he began.   Elliot whispered his dilemma into Zachariah’s ear, and he took a seat aside the couple on the bench.  The two followed his stare out into the lake and the majestic hills that lied on the other side of the bank.  Zachariah nervously tapped his thigh, thinking of what to say.  “I…” he began, “I’m a well-traveled man.  I’ve seen quite a few wild things on my travels, but I suppose this is not the strangest case I’ve faced.”
    “Is our son going to be alright?” the father asked, deep concern in his voice.  Elliot seemed to wince at the statement.
    “Oh, yes, your son…or daughter, I should say, is going to be just fine,” Zachariah explained.  “But I think you should understand that she’s grown and capable of deciding what’s best for herself now.  There’s no danger in what she feels, she just asks for support for her new identity.  Underneath it all, she’s still the same Elliot.  She’ll always act and be the same person, no matter how she appears on the outside.”
    The father sighed and nodded his head.  “I suppose you’re right,” he said, and turned to his wife and child.  “I can’t change your mind,” he explained.  “But I will support whatever makes my child happiest.”  Elliot gasped hugging both her father and Zachariah in a tight embrace, superfluously thanking them.  Zachariah, shocked but relieved at his client's newfound happiness, smiled in reply.
    As Zachariah prepared to leave town, Elliot stopped him to say goodbye.  “Thank you for your help.”
    “No need to mention it,” Zachariah said, bright flush in his cheeks.  “My service is yours, ma’am.”
    Elliot wrapped her arms around him once again and stated, “Please, call me Rosa.”

Word Count: 665/500

Current date/time is 28th March 2024, 4:23 pm