Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

The lone wolf and the unicorn [OPEN-INTRO]

Aiden Ainsley
    Aiden Ainsley

The Shadow King

The Shadow King

Developer/GFX Artist- God VIP Status- Dragon VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Rising Star- God Slayer- Rich- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : Reaper's Touch
    Position : None
    Guild : Meliora Vitae
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 587

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Sunstorm Magic
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

The lone wolf and the unicorn [OPEN-INTRO] Empty The lone wolf and the unicorn [OPEN-INTRO]

Post by Aiden Ainsley 19th December 2018, 9:42 pm

FATE HAS MARKED ME AS A VILLIAN
    EVEN THOUGH I'M JUST CURSED

Lance had been wondering around Fiore for awhile as a wandering spirit so it was no surprise that he eventually found himself in the town of Timbermere Valley. He did not come here without reasons however as he had been sent in search of something… or somewhere. The young mage had been through hell and back in this world, seen countless battles and deaths but somehow he kept a small glimmer of hope in him, even though he didn’t feel it himself. Lance was not one for friendship and wanting to help others but this was not because he didn’t want to. It was because anyone he had come into contact with that had become close to him all got hurt or had died because of that friendship.

Alongside him fluttered a small demon-like creature by the name of Ambit. The duo trekked across the mountain’s path, Lance becoming noticeably agitated. “We have been in this area for two days now, we’re running out of supplies, and I have yet to see the light that I was told to find here.” he grumbled as he sat down on the ground and crossed his arms “I’m not moving from this spot until Master Lex shows us the way.” he closed his eyes with a frown, he knew deep down this wasn’t going to happen. Ambit would notice the mages irritation and simmer down, sitting on a rock next to mage “We have to trust Lex in what he thinks is right Master Lance.” the demon pleaded with his master.

Lex was a demon that had decided to help Lance become a citizen again after he went crazy and although the terms of their agreement are in the form of a contract, Lance did indeed trust him. He had given Lance a part of his power and whether that was a blessing or a curse it was too soon to figure out for the young man. Eventually giving in, Lance stood up and grumbled “Yeah… Whatever.” he stuffed his hands in his pockets and would continue his trek up the mountain. At this point in time he was unaware that he was being silently watched by a rather mythical beast.

When the two reached a clearer path up the mountain, Lance looked at his companion with a smile “I think we might be onto something here Ambit!” he clapped his hands together and turned to walk forward but noticed that something was blocking his way. It looked like a horse but more majestic than one and Lance had never seen anything like this before in his adventures. He stood in awe for a second before shaking it off and stepping closer, reaching into his bag to see what he had. All that was left of his rations was an apple and he had no clue how long him and Ambit were going to be up there on the mountain and he was already getting weary and exhausted from the walk. Nonetheless, he placed the apple on the ground in front of him and took a few steps back, hiding behind a rock.

The beast stood there for a second before turning and walking up the mountain side, Lance getting a better view of it as it left. He picked up the apple in his hand and held it for a second before shaking his head “What the hell was that Ambit…” he smiled faintly and gripped the apple tighter. Ambit shrugged “Maybe that was the light that light that Lex wanted us to find?”. Lance thought about this for a second before deciding that they should follow it up the mountain and see where it led them.

After about another hour of trekking up the mountain the pair looked like they were about to collapse but they finally made it to the top of the mountain where they stood face to face with a large building. Ambit and Lance looked up at it. Ambit wore a bright look on his face as he understood what was happening and why they had been sent there but Lance on the other hand knew as well and wore a rather distasteful look. “Lance look! The light that Lex wanted you to find! It’s-” Lance cut off the demons statement by shoving his hands in his pockets and staring at the building with the same face of distaste “A guild…” he muttered underneath his breath.

div align="center">« tag: // notes: Well isn't this pleasant? »

Last edited by Lance Knighthunter on 20th December 2018, 4:18 pm; edited 3 times in total

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Sybil
    Sybil

The Star Child

The Star Child

Developer/GFX Artist- Knight VIP Status- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Coming Storms- Guild Master- Dark Guild Ace- Fan Art Contest Participant- Haiku Contest Participant- Rich- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 1st Place Event/Contest Winner- 2nd Place Event/Contest Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Weapon of Apocalypse Wielder- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Comet
    Guild : Sabertooth
    Cosmic Coins : 39
    Experience : 5,657.5

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Star Child
    Second Magic: Arc of Time
    Third Magic:

The lone wolf and the unicorn [OPEN-INTRO] Empty Re: The lone wolf and the unicorn [OPEN-INTRO]

Post by Sybil 20th December 2018, 11:04 am

STAR LIGHT STAR BRIGHT

THE FIRST STAR I SEE TONIGHT

Sybil was home-- (or at least home at the guild) that morning. The mage was in the palace bay, sitting cross-legged on the ground with a small rectangular crate in her lap

This particular crate was wrapped tightly in chain and padlock and nailed shut roughly, it emitted the strangest magic aura. Sybil had uncovered it under several layers of snow buried in the continent of Iceberg and brought it with her upon her immigration to Fiore from Pregrande Kingdom. She sat on the floor fiddling with the lock with bobby pins, and occasionally blasting the chain with a small star blast with her cross-legged unfortunately she hadn’t managed to make a dent… The curiosity was killing her… But before she could go any further on trying to pry open the crate she spotted someone outside, through the large castle windows beside her.

Sybil took a double take, stepping up to the window and cleaning off her glasses. The figure was still just standing out there with their hands inside their coat pockets… Sybil had an initial shiver over this but she remembered Elias, and how she’d been afraid of him for the wrong reason… Murphy had not exiled this individual yet-- which meant there had to be good, right? Sybil took a deep breath, standing up from the windowsill and walking away from the box she had been trying to open.

She crossed the grand foyer of the Guildhall, glancing between crystal chandeliers and a sparkling marble floor until she approached to door to the guildmaster’s quarters. She gave the door a few raps with her knuckle and called through it. “Luna…! there’s someone outside… And Murphy hasn’t cast them away yet.” She reported to her guildmaster,

xxx WORDS@everyoneWELCOME ONE WELCOME ALL
    deltra of gangnam style

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Luceam
    Luceam

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Player 
    Lineage : Equilibrium Equinox
    Experience : 3,252,365

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Nature Fairy
    Second Magic: AT-X
    Third Magic: Carpo's Prodigy Slayer

The lone wolf and the unicorn [OPEN-INTRO] Empty Re: The lone wolf and the unicorn [OPEN-INTRO]

Post by Luceam 22nd December 2018, 3:02 pm

From behind the door Sybil was knocking on, what could be heard was an intense and erratic breathing as Luna laid on the bed. Early in the day, before dawn, she was assaulted by a gang of thieves, Luna was able to fight them off but the encounter started with her being stabbed by pliers made of a special silver called "Fae silver" that negates fairy magic. The ruffians were after her wings, but stabbed Luna several times on both sides near her shoulder blades. Luna had fought them off, but the wounds would not heal with her magic. Before she could be seen, before the sun rose, she made her way to the infirmary and wrapped bandages around her chest and rested in her chambers, waiting for the after effects of the Fae silver to wear off, or the pain to subside. She didn't throw her qipao back on over the bandages, she could barely move her arms afterwords.

She spent the day trying to pass it by, her back was cold as the bandages were soaked in her own blood, she kept rolling from side to side.  Hearing Sybil say there was new a recruit approaching forced Luna's hand. She got up, slowly stumbling to the door, fumbling with the lock and opened the door, leaning against the door frame almost ready to collapse. She groaned before she was able to get out a few words, her voice down and reflected her state. "Syb... il. Can you help them in, or at the very least, help me to them? I am not in the beast health."

Luna coughed a bit of blood into her hand, but pulled out a tissue from her cargo shorts and wiped it off. Luna reached for the bath robe she kept on a hook beside the door, stumbling out the door before she loosely put it on, heading towards the foyer. "I should be able to at least do this much... If Murphy didn't stop him, he must be good." Entering the large foyer, she snapped her fingers opening the door and the front gate for the traveler to enter. An ability Luna discovered after becoming Guild Master, the castle seemed to be lined with many mysteries, and responds to her and the Aces to an extent. It was a mystery Luna was happy to solve, albeit slowly. Luna sat down on a bench by the top of the railing, leaning a bit towards the rails as she waited to to see who would enter.

The balcony had two stairwells on either side, which a few doors and furnishing underneath. Luna felt she was in no condition to travel very far, she didn't want to impose and actually go greet the new recruit, but her wellbeing said otherwise.

Luna Mira ff66cc||| AT-X |||
    Nature Fairy |||Neptuna 99ff66

Carpo's Prodigy Slayer

Bank

Amelia Thorn
    Aiden Ainsley
    Aiden Ainsley

The Shadow King

The Shadow King

Developer/GFX Artist- God VIP Status- Dragon VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Rising Star- God Slayer- Rich- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Aiden Ainsley 31st December 2018, 3:19 am

Lance sighed to himself. He didn’t want to join a guild, he wanted nothing to do with having companions. Ambit saw the look on his face and cocked his head “Lance, I never asked you before. Why do you turn away from relationships?” the young demon asked, perching itself on the young man’s shoulder. Lance would respond with a shrug and a cold face “It’s less of a burden when they get hurt… or me....” he muttered for a second before closing his eyes.

He chuckled to himself “Lex sent us all the way up here for some freaking guild.”, this statement would cause a small smirk to appear on the man’s sullen face “Well, I guess we should at least check it out.” He glanced at the demon on his shoulder, nodded, and pressed his hands towards the door. He was cut off by the doors suddenly opening, causing Ambit to fly off his shoulder because it startled him.

The two would stand there for a second before looking at each other and offering a reassuring nod before stepping on in, closing the door behind them. Golden eyes scanned the interior with a bit of disdain at the brightness of it all. His eyes eventually caught onto two figures at the very top of the balcony. Shoving his hands in his coat pockets he would speak up to them “I assume one of you two is the person who welcomed me in. It’s customary to come greet a guest.” He spoke in a bit of a mocking tone which was stopped by Ambit “Lance! Look She’s- “.

Lance had already noticed the woman was injured as soon as he laid eyes on her. “I know.” He offered a sigh, cutting Ambit off. He would not take his eyes off the woman as he spoke quietly “See, this is why I don’t like making friends.” He whispered as he climbed up the stairs and eventually reached the balcony. When he got there, he looked between the two woman and immediately sensed something was off about the one with the glasses. He stared at her for a second before shaking it off and returning his gaze upon the injured one.

Quietly, he took off his jacket and held it out in front of him "Please, do not dirty your robe anymore... take my jacket, I can send my companion here into the nearest town to get some fresh bandages for you." he did not take his eyes off her, there was not a hint of comfort in his voice but it was obvious he was sincere. Ambit offered a small smile before nodding in agreement.

Sybil
    Sybil

The Star Child

The Star Child

Developer/GFX Artist- Knight VIP Status- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Coming Storms- Guild Master- Dark Guild Ace- Fan Art Contest Participant- Haiku Contest Participant- Rich- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 1st Place Event/Contest Winner- 2nd Place Event/Contest Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Weapon of Apocalypse Wielder- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Post by Sybil 1st January 2019, 12:04 pm

STAR LIGHT STAR BRIGHT

“Actually, we do have bandages already. It's a long trip back to Timberemere for nothing.” Sybil squeaked, raising her hand from behind Luna in order to stop their new guests from leaving so soon for supplies they already had. “We have an infirmary that is still stocked from…our last master…" Sybil bit her lip, remembering her first encounter with Theo and Luna, how the fairy had chewed him out for getting their medical supplies from the discount list. …But, he was gone, both the old masters were before Sybil really got a chance to meet them. --But Luna would take care of everyone left here!

“We do live in a castle, after all, keeping a few bandages around is simple. I hope you like it here if you plan to stay there is plenty of room.” Sybil said between both Lance and his demon companion, with an abrupt bow, her attention on her guild master another second.

“And Master, Please stay seated where you are.” She knew Luna preferred Sybil call her by name but she wanted to address her with the utmost respect. “The Fae Silver still strong in your wound. I can redress the bandages after the new recruit is settled in.” Sybil advised the coral haired mage with a smile, a hand on her shoulder. She knew she was not at her best- and the sooner Luna recovered the better.

She looked at Lance with inquiry “Um well, I can get you both rooms; What is the purpose of the one with the wings?“ Sybil stated bluntly but clearly intrigued. She stepped towards the stranger only to get a closer look at his companion, perching up on her tippy-toes just to see what hovered above Lance’s shoulder. She reached in an attempt to grab up the teeny tiny demon and hold it in front of her, oblivious to rather or not Ambit would retaliate. ”We did not have monsters in Pregrande...I can’t tell if its cute or ugly?“ Sybil began with a sheepish little smile, a confused raise of her brow as she squeezed the demon in her hand like a toy.

”Is it your familiar? Is it hostile?I didn’t see murphy I just hope he approves of this--godforbidifoneofyouweretomakehimupsethe’dthrowusalloffthismountain--!"
    She was left mumbling a bit out of control again.

??? WORDS@Lance @LunaSHENANAGINS
    deltra of gangnam style

Luceam
    Luceam

Character Sheet

Post by Luceam 1st January 2019, 3:52 pm

When the man arrived, Luna sensed nothing unusual however his companion immediately set off red flags in her mind. She recognized the magic energy and tainted life force of a demon, Luna decided to keep her guard up. She might have been injured and to a lesser degree poisoned, but she knew she could handle a fight if she had Sybil with her. However the distaste became equal between the duo as Luna did not care for his attitude as was a bit demanding. She let Sybil speak as she explained a lot of the situation.

Luna had rejected the offer for the man's coat. "Thanks, but I'll decline for now. I'm one of the best healers around, I can tend to myself shortly." her focus drifted to the demon, she clenched her fist, preparing to strike if she had to, but as Sybil reached to touch it, Luna would strike her arm quickly to catch Sybil's wrist. "Sybil, don't touch him. He is a demon. Which begs the question..."

Luna would try to stand herself up slowly so she could look at Lance, suspicious of the man. However the thought came to her that he might not have encountered Murphy on his way into the castle. "Did you two encounter a unicorn on the way here? We share this space with a mythical unicorn we call Murphy." Luna sighed as she started to wonder about the moral characters of the duo. Luna turned to Sybil as she took a few steps away, gesturing for Sybil to follow and whispered so neither party could hear. " Oh goodness, they didn't have the Murphy test... This might be a problem."

Carpo's Prodigy Slayer

Bank

Amelia Thorn
    Aiden Ainsley
    Aiden Ainsley

The Shadow King

The Shadow King

Character Sheet
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Aiden Ainsley 2nd January 2019, 11:14 pm

When the coral-haired girl spoke up Lance payed her no more than a glance and a nod. He was not quite happy at her getting in the way of his rare hospitality. When she mentioned their last master, Lance closed his eyes. He could tell this guild was going through some rather big changes, so he decided it was best that he approached these two girls in a softer manner. He bowed at the girl “Actually me and my partner here were just lea-“ He started to speak but was cut off by Ambit who spoke in a loud voice “We appreciate the offer to stay!” the small orange demon exclaimed, twirling in a circle.

He stayed out of the girl’s way when she tried to help the lady that was the master of this guild. Ambit was the target of the girl’s next outburst however as she started questioning him. Lance stared at Sybil and Ambit and gave a straight forward answer “He’s my demon companion.” He then gave a sly smirk as the girl would start to grab at the demon “Watch out, He’ll eat you.” He said, trying to get a rise out of the girl.

The next person that spoke was the master of the guild. She had declined the offer of his jacket, causing Lance to shrug and put it back over himself. His eyes wavered as she had insulted his friend and partner. He then realized that he might have caused her offense when she saw what the pair was. When she turned to the other girl and started whispering, he sighed. Lance lowered his head in a bowing motion as he placed his hands in the air “I’m sorry if we have caused offense. Please understand that wasn’t our intention.”

He would lift his head, placing his hand in front of him. He would show the red symbol that was on his hand “This is the mark of a contract that I made with a demon in order to get rid of a horrid evil. Ambit, my partner, just came along for the ride.” He muttered, the sincerest he had been since he had gotten there. This was the truth of it, Lance was just a man who had fallen on hard times and was trying to make up for it.

Ambit was also quite shaken by the sudden distaste towards the duo. He shook his head “We uh…” he looked at Lance, tears almost in his eyes. His master looked at him, nodding as if to reassure a friend. He would take over the conversation from there “To answer your question. Yes, we did see a unicorn while we were coming up. We were lost in the mountains trying to find something that my contractor called A Light. We were resting, about to give up, when we saw the unicorn standing a bit farther in front of us. It was staring at us, so I was going to give it the last of our food rations, but it walked away. We followed it, but we lost track of it and eventually we found our way here.”

He stared at the master of the guild, complete vulnerability in his body. “We really don’t mean in any harm and if you want us gone we will leave.”

Sybil
    Sybil

The Star Child

The Star Child

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Post by Sybil 8th January 2019, 11:52 am

STAR LIGHT STAR BRIGHT

Sybil flinched once Luna snapped her hand away from the winged demon. The mage frowned at her master's words. Calling him Demonic.

Sybil’s felt her hair stand up on her neck once Lance chipped in confirmed it was indeed a demon. Whether or not it would actually ‘eat’ Sybil… Was doubtful. She quickly finched to fix her glasses and sighed. Ambit... For now was harmless and even had a better attitude between the two of them.

She thought, So what if it really was a demon...everything was a bit different here in Fiore. What did demon really mean...“Demon. Maybe in Sin a demon… My apologies Master but In Pregrande I was called something like a ‘demon’ too...“ She mentioned with a sigh as she pulled her wrist back from Luna. This was nothing new to Sybil. People did not like giving things that were...frightening a chance, in Sybil case,  this same kind of thinking resulted in Pregrande’s Witchunts of the seventh era where you were deemed a threat to the royal family and killed just for owning anything related to magic. Having magic in your blood was out of the question...

She left her masters side to Speak to Lance. “My apologies for speaking away from you. I think there is little cause for concern.” She shot a look behind her to Luna. “You said the unicorn walked away from you? Murphy is very adamant about standing his ground towards threats...Even if we did not witness the trial I can take your word.”

“Luna please just... give them a chance.” She frowned and pleaded of her guildmaster, looking up at the pinkette with her very best puppy eyes… No one should be turned away from this shelter in her eyes if they were willing to help the guild prosper.

??? WORDS@Lance @LunaSHENANAGINS
    deltra of gangnam style

Luceam
    Luceam

Character Sheet

Post by Luceam 8th January 2019, 9:21 pm

The explanations of the man and the demon did very little to satisfy Luna. She was greatly disturbed by the fact that the man willingly made a deal with a demon, the stench of them was starting to bother her, literally. With no rational reasoning, and Sybil's vies, Luna's hands were tied. She did not enjoy the prospect of her own natural predators being around the guildhall. She wanted everyone to feel safe, up till now she knew that every newcomer was well received, but not everyone could be perfect.

She didn't want to be rude, but she had to tread carefully with who she let into the guild. She rested her hand on Sybil's shoulder as she tried to explain her side of the situation very carefully. "Sybil, I need you to understand something, you're human." Luna took a brief pause as she thought of how she could word the situation out in a way that wouldn't seem offensive. "Humans have no direct natural predator, true many had to evade beasts in the past, but in the grand ecosystem in most cases humans are the top. I am a fairy, I often take my mermaid daughter here, we have the ivory cascades nearby filled with mermaids, and we have an Exceed. All of the above have demons as a natural predator. I gotta be careful, demon contractees can become demon tools or demons themselves, and unlike demon slayers it's harder for them to resist. Things can get dangerous easily depending on the contract, can't let vague details be the end. I know how you feel, but understand that I don't have the luxury of taking everyone in on a whim, as I am responsible if he turns into a monster and kills you in your sleep but ends up waking you only for you to see and feel your bleeding heart be removed before you fade away into nothingness only to be revived traumatized."

With that image in mind in her head, she faced the man as she tried to fake strength, despite the fact that she was in immense pain, she still had to at least be some form of authority figure. She looked at Ambit for a second, and could sense that he was no immediate threat, but her focus returned to the man. "Excuse the treatment, but as I said, I have to be careful. Could you please tell me the specifics? Namely, what horrid evil, and what price did you pay, and what happens at the end of the contract? Also a little light on this 'A Light' would be good, If it's not out of line, would it be safe to assume you want him as your emergency contact and next of kin as well."

Carpo's Prodigy Slayer

Bank

Amelia Thorn

Current date/time is 28th March 2024, 9:34 am