Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Size Matters

Serilda Sinclair
    Serilda Sinclair

Ice Queen

Ice Queen

Developer/GFX Artist- Main Account- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- Custom Slayer- God Slayer- Z-Rank- Y-Rank- X-Rank- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Wanderer- So Extra- EXP Grinder- Job Creator- Working Together- Forever Solo- Christian Minecraft Server- Teaming Up!- Limited Edition- Hired Help- Unknown Powerhouse- Unknown Legend- Helper- Guild Creator- Achiever- Expert Achiever- Over Achiever- Buddy Buddy- Obligatory Beach Episode- Shipped- Dank Memer- Taskmaster- Richie Rich- Rich- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Tertiary Magic- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 1st Place Event/Contest Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Motor City Rush- Best GFX Artist Award- Player 
    Lineage : Scion of the Void King
    Position : Goddess of Conviction
    Faction : The Rune Knights
    Guild : Guildless
    Cosmic Coins : 155
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 12,421,054

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Voidwalking
    Second Skill: Sword of Wrath
    Third Skill: Cruorthurgy

Size Matters Empty Size Matters

Post by Serilda Sinclair 7th December 2018, 8:09 pm

Job Details:

"Character counts most when duty calls."

This particular job was one more of convenience than anything else. The town of Clover was where Serilda had been born and raised, so she was very familiar with the area. She was already in town went the job posting was put out, and word had gotten to her requesting that she meet with one of her fellow guildmates at the home of the client.

Serilda arrived first, and an older woman answered the door when she knocked. “Good afternoon, ma’am. My name is Serilda Sinclair, a member of Sabertooth. I understand you have a job for us?”

“Oh, yes!” the lady said, her weathered voice rippling with relief. “Please come in. Did you say your last name was Sinclair?”

As the older woman stepped aside to make space, Serilda graciously stepped inside the home. “I did.”

“Any relation to Harold Sinclair, by chance..?”

“Yes, ma’am. He’s my father.”

“Oh goodness! And here I don’t even have any tea ready, I’m so--”

Serilda politely held up a hand to gently stop the woman from worrying. Given that Serilda was more or less considered a noble in this town, she had expected something similar to this might happen. “Please, don’t worry about. I’m here as a wizard of Sabertooth, not as an ambassador for my family.”

Once the woman had been reassured that she didn’t need to play the perfect hostess, she asked if Serilda had come alone. The job, though a simple one, would be accomplished quicker with two mages. The Voidwalker confirmed that one of her companions was on the way and would hopefully be joining them shortly. The two of them had a seat and chatted as they patiently waited for the other member to arrive.

Words: 300/3000

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Suijin Azurestorm
    Suijin Azurestorm

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Dragon Slayer- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Player 
    Lineage : Betrayer of the Kamigawa
    Position : None
    Guild : XXX
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Experience : 17,062

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Water God Slayer Magic
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Size Matters Empty Re: Size Matters

Post by Suijin Azurestorm 7th December 2018, 9:52 pm

page 19, post 471

Indra felt bothered by another odd-job. He was a proud warrior, skilled enough to best any assassin, and here was doing work for little old ladies, old men and errands for shopkeepers. He would complain-- followed by Tailong, the little dragon with him often snapping at him that a job was a job. In the end, Indra couldn't argue with his friend's logic. In the end, they got money and repute with the guild. It was work and they represented the guild for it. It had to be done. Didn't mean that Indra enjoyed this line of work.

Even so, he was told he would be paired with another person he had not met. He soon approached the house in the town of Clover. The town was as deserted as Shiratsume was, so much so he had Tailong fly them there over the canyon to get there.

And there they were... the only pro to this job that Indra saw, was his new partner was a particularly beautiful woman around his age. She had a chill beauty that would intimidate most men, but then again he was intimidating himself. "You are Serildra, i take it?" Indra asked in a knowing tone.

The two exchanged brief greetings-- till the older woman appeared. She soon noticed the woman, Serildra-- who seemed to hold a great repute of some kind. Just mention of her name seemed to make the woman feel the need for ceremony. Of course, it was lost on Indra, who lived as a monk for most of his life with little to no contact with the outside world till he came to Fiore. Indra just left it alone, not impressed by 'nobles' as they were often high on their horses.

The two truly looked different-- one a pampered heiress of class, the other a rugged and rough-around-the-edges martial artist who trained with a dragon.

"I'm Indra Tenzoku of Sabertooth. I will be joining this errand as well," Indra introduced himself once things calmed down.

At that moment, Tailong clawed up the end of Indra's cloak to perch himself up on the man's shoulder, having rested up since the long flight. "And I'm his boss, Tailong. Nice to meet you. You can count on us," the little dragon chirped, clearly boasting to be bigger than he appeared to be.

Needless to say, Serilda would be surprised to find a talking miniature-dragon on the man's shoulder. But that was not a big issue as they addressed the client.

"Thank you for coming," she greeted. "As I stated in the job, I require help finding a very precious item for me. I lost it out back and require your... talent to find it. I'm afraid my eyes and knees are not as good as they used to be, so i couldn't search for it myself. So i prepared... accommodations for you to find it in my stead if you will."

Indra felt a chill run up his back-- his cloak parting to reveal his bare chest briefly. "Why do I get the feeling this job is going to be a lot more trouble than it sounds." Indra sighed and rubbed the back of his neck.

"Oh, touch noogies!" Tailong barked on his shoulder-- partly trying to act tough before the lovely Serilda. "You're a dragon slayer. Don't complain-- or are you really that cold-hearted you will abandon an old, poor lady!"

"I didn't say that, Gecko. Don't put words into my mouth, damnit." INdra replied.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Serilda Sinclair
    Serilda Sinclair

Ice Queen

Ice Queen

Developer/GFX Artist- Main Account- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- Custom Slayer- God Slayer- Z-Rank- Y-Rank- X-Rank- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Wanderer- So Extra- EXP Grinder- Job Creator- Working Together- Forever Solo- Christian Minecraft Server- Teaming Up!- Limited Edition- Hired Help- Unknown Powerhouse- Unknown Legend- Helper- Guild Creator- Achiever- Expert Achiever- Over Achiever- Buddy Buddy- Obligatory Beach Episode- Shipped- Dank Memer- Taskmaster- Richie Rich- Rich- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Tertiary Magic- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 1st Place Event/Contest Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Motor City Rush- Best GFX Artist Award- Player 

Character Sheet

Post by Serilda Sinclair 8th December 2018, 10:45 am

Her guildmate was an unexpectedly large man that she had not yet met back at the guild hall. They exchanged a brief greeting, along with a self-introduction from a small scaled creature with wings that was perched on the man’s shoulder. Serilda wasn’t entirely sure what to make of the creature. She didn’t have a lot of exposure to animals that could speak, though she knew they existed, and though he was small in size the creature appeared quite like what she imagined a dragon would look like. Her thoughts were hidden behind straight-faced discipline, however, where she kept them to herself for now. She did not wish to judge the creature until given a reason to.

The woman explained what she needed from them, stating that she’d dropped a precious and presumably small item in her garden out back. Given her age, she was unable to conduct a thorough search herself. Seemed simple enough, though Serilda didn’t yet understand why two of them were needed for such a trivial task. Indra made an offhand comment and was immediately chastised by Tailong, who revealed in his statement that the man was a Dragon Slayer. The knowledge did interest Serilda a bit, but now was not the time to ask about it.

Ignoring the antics of the two, she told the client, “We will do everything in our power to find what you lost. Where did you misplace it?”

“In my garden,” the old lady explained, leading them out the door to the backyard. She had quite an impressive garden there filled with rows of fruits, vegetables, and herbs. It certainly wasn’t a farm, but Serilda could understand why the lady had asked for help. Even with two of them it might take a bit for them to find it. “What I lost was my wedding ring. I had it on when I started tending my garden the other day, and then I noticed about halfway through that it had slipped off my finger at some point. I’ve searched as well as I could but I just can’t find it. There are a lot of critters with homes back here, so it’s possible it fell into one of their holes, but I wouldn’t be able to know for sure without getting inside…”

Her tone sounded like she was leading into something. Serilda raised a brow, curious. “Did you have a plan in mind for us to check those places?”

The woman nodded. “Yes. If you’re both agreeable, I can shrink you in size. I think it will be easier to find if the search is approached from a.... different perspective, so to speak.”

Serilda shrugged and looked to Indra to see if he had any thoughts against it. Assuming they were both agreeable, the woman would withdraw an enchanted item from her home and used it on the two of them.

Shrinking was an odd sensation to say the least. It was a little dizzying due to the sense of vertigo that went with it. However, it didn’t really feel like her body had reduced in size so much as the world around her got bigger. Plants became trees, clods of dirt became hills, pebbles became boulders. It was all a bit fascinating actually.

But movement drew her attention to one important side effect of this plan. She could already see and feel the presence of bugs around them. Critters that were usually little more than a nuisance for them at their full human sizes could be easily seen in the distance, the same size as they were or even larger. This would not be a job without some combat, she realized.

“I think you were right about trouble,” Serilda commented idly to Indra, her eyes on the bugs in the distance.

Words: 940/3000

Suijin Azurestorm
    Suijin Azurestorm

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Dragon Slayer- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Suijin Azurestorm 9th December 2018, 8:41 pm

(Since you did the shrinking already)

Indra was dumbfounded as he saw Serildra down the potion willingly and shrunk in size to the size of a cricket. His eyes widened, despite the calm nature he illustrated. There was one potion left that the woman provided, and waited for Indra to take it.

"Nope, no way. Not happening. I'm not drinking it," Indra replied with a strong shake of his head.

It was then that Tailong fluttered over to the table and picked up the small potion bottle. "Oh, come on. This is our job. We gotta do it. Just pretend its like a shot and down it-- then afterward be too drunk to remember." Tailong tried to sugar-coat it.

Indra glared at his little dragon companion as he returned once again to his shoulder. "I said no and I mean it. I'm gonna find it but I don't see why I have to become the size of a grain of rice to do it. Forget. It." He growled, resolute to not go through with it.

Tailong looked at him for a moment, holding the bottle in both his claws. "Fine, fine... I hear you loud and clear--" The dragon looked up, distracted by something. "Uh oh, is that a bird flying towards Sirlda?"

Indra looked up, anticipating an incoming attack on her smaller guildmate-- but didn't see or hear anything. "Huh? What? There is nothin--GRUP!"

Tailong stuffed the open bottle right into Indra's mouth the moment he 'bottomed up' and mouth opened. A good amount of the potion went right down Indra's throat, tricked to take it by the smart-ass miniature dragon.

Indra spat out the bottle, tasting the potion that tasted like animal fat. He grabbed Tailong by his little body and shook him a little. "Damn, dragon. What the hell do you think... you're..." Indra felt weird and his grip loosened.

Just as Tailong wiggled out and fluttered in the air-- Indra's body began to shrink. His cloak grew too big over his size as he began to scale down smaller and smaller-- soon vanishing into the grass and becoming closer to Serilda. He was now scaled down with his clothing and gear as well-- save for his cloak he left and now blew off onto the house nearby. He was half naked without the cloak, showing the Sabertooth guild mark over his heart. A dumbfounded look showed on his face as he realized he had now been shrunk down.

"Oh, my..." The woman exclaimed as she saw both wizards now small enough to complete the task.

Tailong soon fluttered down and landed beside them-- now four times taller than the two of them. A twinkle of michief was in his eyes as the little dragon picked up Indra like he was a little toy. "Daww... aren't you the cutest. Look, I have a life-like action figure of Indra with real sparkling lighting effects." he teased.

"DAMN GECKO!!" Indra shouted-- which came out as a squeak in his tinier size. He struggled to get out of the dragon's grip, humiliated to have this done in front of a woman of all things. "I'M gonna skin you alive for this! "

With a good punch, he knocked Tailong's paws free of him and he landed. Furious enough, he took a deep breath to gather energy. "Lightning Dragon... ROAR!!" he roared aloud---

--- and compared to everything else, the roar of electricity that should of fried most enemies, only gave a little static shock to Tailong, who just glanced at the spot and brushed it off. "Oh, that tickles."

Indra now turned red in fury and jumped up and down. "YOU BETTER HOPE I DONT TURN BACK TO FULL-SIZE OR WHEN IM DONE, THERE WON'T EVEN BE ASHES OF YOU!!" Indra shouted, only making squeaks by comparison and oddly made him more adorable in that state.

THe old woman couldn't help but smile by the amusing display between them all. "I promise you, the potion is temporary. Please, just find my ring and make it back safely. Oh and watch out for the insects in the garden." the old woman said.

"DOn't worry, " Tailong said, puffing out his chest in a heroic pose. "I'll keep an eye on you guys. Hell I can fly you out at any time-- even in this size." He said with a smirk in Indra's position.

"Freaking gecko is enjoying this..." Indra grumbled, now with no choice but to continue.

WC: 740

Serilda Sinclair
    Serilda Sinclair

Ice Queen

Ice Queen

Character Sheet

Post by Serilda Sinclair 11th December 2018, 2:04 pm

He sure was taking his time about getting down to size for the job. Serilda looked up at the large man as he argued. A single brow rose on her forehead and she crossed her arms, waiting for him with silent impatience. Seriously? she thought to herself as he threw what she perceived to be a bit of a tantrum over it. Luckily, his little companion was a couple steps ahead of the man. With a little misdirection, he had the bottle in Indra’s mouth and down the potion went.

Soon he was down to her size, but he wasn’t thrilled about it in the least bit. Indra tried attacking his own companion with a lightning spell that seemed pretty powerful from where she was standing, but did little more than amuse Tailong. It seemed their power had shrunk along with their bodies, Serilda took note. She also made a mental note of the name of the spell Indra had used. He was a dragon slayer, was he? Seems Mythal had been right that a guild as powerful and respected as her own had at least one. Perhaps she’d be able to learn a few things, today.

Assuming this guy would stop yelling long enough to do some work.

“Are you done?” she finally asked, her tone calm to the point where it was bordering on being bored. She wasn’t very impressed with his work ethic thus far, nor his lack of self restraint, and it showed in her expression. “Perhaps you’ve forgotten, but we were hired to do a job.”

Turning, Serilda walked calmly away toward the general area of the garden where the old woman seemed sure she had dropped the ring in question. She didn’t stop to see if Indra would follow. They had a lot of ground to cover, and if she was going to have to do all the work herself she would need to get started sooner rather than later.

The dirt was strange to walk on, in this size. At her full height and weight, all of this lush soil would sink several inches beneath her step. But when she weight little more than an insect it hardly moved at all. It was light she was walking on soft rocks. But she could almost feel the vibrations in her feet from the now not-so-tiny bugs moving around them.

Her Void sense warned her of the approach of a couple such insects. From the the placement of the Void particle within its make up, they felt like ants. She turned to look in their direction, and sure enough two such insects crawled over a tall mound of dirt and starting making their way over to them. She could hear the pinchers snapping on their maws, and interestingly enough it seemed like they could smell the two wizards.

The creatures made a beeline toward them with a feral shriek that Serilda honestly did not know an ant was even capable of making. She calmly drew her scimitar and squared off against one of the creatures, standing her ground as it came at her. When it was within reach, she calmly stepped to the side. Her sword flashed. One of the ant’s pinchers fell to the ground. It flailed in agony, stumbling backward and trying to regain its equilibrium. Choosing to put it out of its misery, Serilda stepped in when it reared back and pierced it through the chest. After a couple dying twitches, it fell to the ground and would not rise again.

She turned her attention to Indra to see if he was holding his own, or if he needed assistance.

Words: 1556/3000

Suijin Azurestorm
    Suijin Azurestorm

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Suijin Azurestorm 11th December 2018, 2:28 pm

Indra was still pretty mad as he looked up at the smirking Tailong-- but was soon called down by the impatient tone of his female companion. He turned, uncaring if he was half-naked in front of her as he heard her say they were on a job. He let out a sigh and rubbed the back of his neck. "Fine. You're right. Sorry, Dollface," Indra commented, another hit on her in the situation. When this was over, she might be interested in a drink after all.

From above, at his full height, Tailong giggled as he kept a safe distance, but could still see them as they transversed the grass and soil. "Oh, I wish I brought popcorn with me for this..." he said and rubbed his paws together.

"You KNOW I can still hear you!" Indra called out, his hearing as sharp as ever despite being shrunk. Damn, dragon hearing was an annoyance sometimes.

It was then at the same time as Serildra, that Indra's sense of smell kicked in and he heard the approach of the ants. they soon appeared as he soon looked to the ant that targeted him for lunch. "Guess i should be thankful I'm a Lightning Dragon Slayer even at this size," He said as he took another deep breath. "What a better way to exterminate bugs than with a giant BUG ZAPPER!" he roared and released another blast of lightning from his mouth.

The electricity crackled and zapped along the ant. It let out a shrill cry and flinched back, repelled by the attack. He grinned as he had the advantage there. Few could see the force of lightning be effectively repelled even at that size.

(1/5 of Wandering Storm)

WC: 284

Serilda Sinclair
    Serilda Sinclair

Ice Queen

Ice Queen

Character Sheet

Post by Serilda Sinclair 13th December 2018, 5:03 pm

Serilda’s eyes narrowed at the inappropriate and rather familiar nickname he chose to give her. Did he really just call me a dollface, she asked herself? A part of her was now regretting having a partner on this job. However, years of discipline took over and she merely continued forward, ignoring the comment completely. It would take a lot more than that to make her lose her cool. She had been called a lot of things in her life, and to react to such paltry terms would reflect more on her own personality than it would on his.

The two of them defeated the ants with little trouble. The creatures seemed to think the two tiny wizards were a food source, but had quickly learned the error of their ways. Indra didn’t need any assistance with his target, as Serilda had assumed. She didn’t have much exposure to Slayers, but had enough to be well aware of their potential capabilities.

A thought occurred to her, one she wasn’t terribly fond of at the moment but wasn’t sure she could argue her way out of. Indra was the first dragon slayer she’d ever met, and as such he provided an opportunity for her to get some questions answered. It would mean striking up a conversation with the unruly man, but if she wanted to know more then she’d have to make that sacrifice.

“I would like to ask a question of you, if I may.” Serilda’s tone was as even and cool as it had been thus far, but not necessarily unfriendly. She was simply a woman that was used to maintaining a semblance of discipline. As they left the dead ants behind and continued on with their search for the ring, she asked, “How did you discover your aptitude for dragon slaying magic?”

A strange question, perhaps, but she had her reasons for asking. She did seem genuinely curious, in an academic fashion of course.

As they moved along and chatted, a sound far off in the distance grew louder. Serilda paused and looked up with a frown. It sounded like a helicopter, but she knew that wouldn’t be it. She searched out with her senses and felt for the shape of whatever was approaching them. When the woman realized what it was, she wasn’t very excited. “Wasp,” she told Indra, just as the bug flew out from behind some leaves and hovered over them.

It this size it looked ten times more like an asshole than wasps usually did. And unlike the ants, wasps were aggressive just for the sake of being jerks. They also had tougher exoskeletons. This was going to take a little more effort to take down. Springing up into the air, Serilda tapped into the properties of the Void and used it to make her body weightless, allowing her the power of flight. She charged at the creature through the air at the same time that it flew down to meet her challenge, stinger first.

At the moment when it seemed she wasn’t going to get out of the way in time to miss the attack, The wasp twitched its backside forward to sting her, and the stinger went through her body. She hadn’t been impaled, however, It had passed through her body like she was nothing more than an illusion, meeting nothing but air. Before the creature knew it, Serilda was just above its back. “Coming down!” she warned Indra. With a precise swipe of her scimitar, she cut one of the insect’s wings off.

The bug immediately dropped toward the ground, scrambling to maintain its balance as it fell closer and closer to the Dragon Slayer.

Words: 2183/3000

Suijin Azurestorm
    Suijin Azurestorm

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Suijin Azurestorm 13th December 2018, 6:06 pm

The ants were repelled by the two's magic and what few ants just retreated, realizing the two miniature wizards were not snacks to munch on. Indra huffed a bit, his air short from the lightning dragon roar-- till he composed himself and ran a hand through his hair. As he talked, a small storm brewed overhead-- but only just above the tops of the grass. As the old woman and Tailong observed from the safety of a cobblestone path-- they could see the miniature clouds form.

"Ooooh, its like a terrarium," Tailong joked, seeing Indra's magic's side effect start to act.

Indra, however, despite his size heard it-- but kept his mouth shut. He was not about to give the mouthy dragon any more fuel in his current state. As he walked with Serildra, he just tried to focus on finding this ring. Any bit of metal or gold in the grass would help. Still his sense of smell was hindered due to his size. Everything was out of wack. If he didn't have his sharp hearing, he wouldn't of known about enemies.

His concentration broke, however, when the woman asked him her question about his aptitude for Dragon Slayer magic. "Huh," he replied, curious about the question. He paused as he thought it over. "Hard to say. I always had an affinity for lightning magic. Where I was raised, there were legends of the dragon and the magic he would teach others. I was determined to learn those secret arts, so I sought the dragon out. Does that make sense?" He asked, not sure if he answered the question appropriately. If anything, his natural lure to lightning gave him an edge to use the slayer magic of that element easier than one without it.

The buzz came to him far faster than the woman as he glanced in the direction. "Oh great. More bugs..." he growled.

Along came the Wasp-- and attacked Serildra. At first, he would act to strike it away, but the woman was already way ahead of him as she used some kind of magic to just pass through the enemy. It was impressive as Serildra used that trick to get behind and strike at the wasp's wing.

It was then that Indra took his own action to things and focused lightning magic into his hand. "Lightning Dragon... Fang!" He roared and produced a katana made of pure lightning that flickered in his grip. Even at his distance, he arched his arm forward--- and the blade literally shot forward to close the gap. The blade sliced right into the side of the insect and sliced off the other wing.

Despite now being grounded, the insect still was violent and began to scurry towards them. Though its stinger wasnt able to be used easily, its own arms and pincers of its face still was a risk to them. As the insect now lured in on Indra, the shirtless man charged forward.

Though his skills lied in martial arts and hand-to-hand combat, he grew to know the art of swordsmanship. Enough so he could match swords with another person. In this case, this spell allowed him to fight with a blade that could pierce through anything-- as he demonstrated as he parried the wasp's stinger and struck with a sweep behind for one of its legs.

(Wandering Storm 2/5 charge) WC: 559

Serilda Sinclair
    Serilda Sinclair

Ice Queen

Ice Queen

Character Sheet

Post by Serilda Sinclair 15th December 2018, 4:16 pm

Serilda was unaware of Tailong’s continued commentary of the situation, given that she didn’t have Indra’s sensitive ears. She continued on in their quest without any knowledge of their being closely observed by the small dragon.

Indra answered her question as best he could, though it seemed that the answer was perhaps a bit more complicated than the woman had originally thought. “I see,” Serilda said, her mind churning over his words. Then, still in her more businesslike tone, she told him, “I don’t mean to pry. I ask because my family claims to have dragon blood in our veins, though there is no proof of it. Knowledge of dragons is scarce, so it is a difficult thing to research.”

The woman’s tone made it a bit clear that she was skeptical on her family’s claims for their bloodline, but at least curious enough about it to try to figure out how to test its validity. However, the conversation was cut short -- at least temporarily -- by the arrival of the wasp.

Down the insect fell, and Indra was ready for it. He called upon his lightning skills and used the magic to manifest a katana made of pure energy. He struck the insect and removed its other wing, keeping the creature grounded. From there, the man used the sword to deflect another stinger attack and take out one of the bug’s legs. The wasp was hobbling, now, and angrier than ever. Even while limp, it was still a threat. It would be best for them to finish the thing off, and quickly.

From where she hovered in the air, Serilda lined up her next attack. She was at an advantage being able to strike the wasp from above, where its stinger and pincers would have a difficult time hurting her. Leveling her scimitar across her shoulders, Serilda dropped from the sky in a head dive, the tip of her blade aimed at the nape of the wasp’s neck. It screeched in pain when she pierced it, rearing back and flailing angrily in an attempt to shake the woman off.

She grit her teeth and held on to her weapon, using it to steady herself on the creature’s back. Then, in a swift motion, Serilda twisted the scimitar and sliced it out of the wasp’s neck, neatly beheading the thing. Its body dropped limply to the ground, the head rolling a couple feet away. Or at least, a couple of feet from their perspective. In reality it probably wasn’t much more than an inch or so away.

Serilda floated gently back down to the ground, her boots landing in the dirt softly. She pulled a rag from one of her pockets and cleaned the blood off her blade with a sigh. “This search is going to take us all day if we keep running into insects like this,” she commented idly. Who knew bugs could be so bothersome at this size?

Words: 2682/3000

Suijin Azurestorm
    Suijin Azurestorm

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Suijin Azurestorm 17th December 2018, 12:21 pm

Indra was impressed by this beauty as she savagely tore into the hornet. It was embarrassing for him that this flimsy creature was such trouble-- considering his present height and size. But still, she moved past it and took care of it like it was any other opponent. He only regretted he didn't get in another hit before things moved on. Still, he was limited a bit by his magic's growth. There was more to this magic he had to learn, and he was determined to learn it in due time.

As he kicked the head away with his foot, he relaxed but held on to his katana-- keeping the lightning infused power running just in case of another enemy attack. He rolled his shoulders and pressed on to lead the search through the garden, hearing her concern how it will take them forever to find it with all the interruptions. "Well we better keep moving then. If any luck, we will find the damn ring nearby. At our size, it should be the size of a house." He sighed.

He used his lightning katana to help clear a path, hacking at the overgrowth of grass and shrubbery in their path. The thickness of it all was no different than a dense rainforest-- so using the katana as a machete was a handy trick.

He was curious about how the lady was a descendant of dragons. It was a curious topic. After a moment pause, he glanced back at her. "Well, if you are lucky... maybe I should introduce you to my master, Kohryu. If there is any truth to that, he would know." Indra replied, not saying so much that he KNEW a dragon and was in contact with one. While Tailong, true was a dragon, not of the same caliber as the beasts of legend. The one who taught him Dragon Slayer Magic, that is. If nothing else, it would help her at least. He only wish he had such a lineage.

Then again, he knew little of his past or family, being raised an orphan in a monastery.

(Wandering Storm 3/5 charge) WC: 352

Serilda Sinclair
    Serilda Sinclair

Ice Queen

Ice Queen

Character Sheet

Post by Serilda Sinclair 18th December 2018, 10:03 pm

The nice thing about swords was they didn’t exactly lose any power just from being made smaller. At this size, up against the creatures they were currently fighting, her weapon was just as effective as it was at full size. Arguably it was more effective now, as at her normal height Serilda would be hard pressed to slay a wasp by swinging the scimitar through the air. So while her magic may have shrunk in scale, her weapon was still as reliable as ever.

When all was said and done, and the wasp was dead, Indra voiced his sentiments that they should keep moving so as to prevent them from spending too much time on this otherwise simple task. Serilda agreed with that whole heartedly, so she moved forward with him. The Slayer made use of the energized katana he’d summoned to hack away at leaves and vines that would otherwise prevent them from continuing their search.

As they walked on, he brought the conversation back to their previous topic with an offer to potentially meet his master, someone he claimed would be able to solve the mystery of her supposed blood. Serilda didn’t really take his words to allude to a dragon so much as a person that was perhaps more of an expert on such things.

Still, the offer itself -- even if it was presented only as a possibility and not necessarily a sure thing -- did not get brushed off. “That is very generous of you,” she told him truthfully, understanding that it likely wasn’t a light thing for him to offer. Serilda gave it some serious consideration before telling him, “Well, should an opportunity come up, and your master is willing, I may very well take you up on that. Thank you.”

They were moving along their merry way when Serilda sensed more trouble. “Spiders,” she told him, looking up at the leaves above them where she felt their presences. She hadn’t even finished speaking when one of them leaped off its perch right toward her.

Serilda scrambled back as fast as she could trying to get out of the way, but the thing was quick. It was one of those pesky jumping spiders that were typically little more than a nuisance, but right now might prove to be a bit of a problem -- particularly since there were two of them. The thing was fast enough that she hadn’t quite managed to slip out of its reach before its fangs tried to snap around her body.

Luckily, her connection to the Void automatically adjusted for the impending attack, the empty space in her body rearranging itself so the fangs passed harmlessly through her. With a second leap backward she was out of its immediate range and squaring off against the creature, sword brandished at the ready once more.

Words: 3162/3000

Suijin Azurestorm
    Suijin Azurestorm

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Suijin Azurestorm 19th December 2018, 12:52 pm

THings were going well for them as he cut a path through the grass and soon he could see something shining beyond the next patch of grass-- roughly 50 meters away from where they stood. At least, for their size. A sense of mild relief was on him to know they had found their target. Of course the ring was about five times their size compared to them, a sterling gold band laying upon a few blades of grass.

"At least we found it," Indra replied, but was soon distracted by the new enemy upon them. Spiders. Surprised by the sheer idea, he looked up to find one-- up in the grass and now about to pounce on them-- this one nearly twice as big as the hornet! "Jeez... this is just insulting..." he swore.

He was impressed by the woman's ability to just slip past matter like that. He raised a brow at that trick once more. "You are gonna have to tell me how you do that. It's a handy trick. " he commented and looked to the attacking spider.

THough his katana now had its last charge-- he used it as best as he could to try and stab forward at one. However, the one quickly jumped right up. It then attempted to land down on Indra, to catch him off guard. He soon dropped his katana, reducing it back to electricity and---

--- zap! Indra vanished in a flicker of lightning right under the spider's maw. He actualy used a higher form of magic to evade the assault himself by teleporting. He became raw lightning and in an instant a few meters away, he reappeared just as quickly. His Flying Raijin technique-- something he learned recently from reading stories of "The Yellow Flash" ninja in a far away land. (Naruto Reference)

"If we get our butts kicked by spiders, I won't be able to show my face at the guild hall again..." Indra growled-- and turned to the spider. "Lightning Dragon-- ROAR!!"

Another ray of lightning flew forward, and caught the spider at a speed faster than the spider could jump at.

WC: 357

Serilda Sinclair
    Serilda Sinclair

Ice Queen

Ice Queen

Character Sheet

Post by Serilda Sinclair 20th December 2018, 9:22 am

“It definitely comes through in a pinch,” Serilda commented idly in response to Indra’s statement about her ability. Her mind was more focused on the spider than on conversation, knowing that if she misstepped she could wind up in a bad place. This creature was wicked fast. She couldn’t tell by looking at it if it was venomous or not, but she didn’t intend to give herself a chance to find out.

The thing continued to push her back, using its speed to keep her on the defensive. It lunged to bite at her again, and she swung her scimitar, parrying the bite away. “These things certainly are annoying,” she muttered, leaping away once more and still trying to put a little distance between herself and the arachnid so she could attempt an offensive strike. If she wanted to get a hit in, she was going to need to slow this thing down.

Raising her free hand above her head, Serilda shouted, “Empty Chill!”  In the immediate area of herself and the spider attacking her, the air around them suddenly became bitterly cold and thin, like they were at the top of a tall mountain. Her breath blew visibly from her mouth and nostrils, and the spider’s body became shrouded with a thin layer of frost. The insect stopped for a moment as its body wracked with pain and shock from the extreme drop in temperature, its limbs suddenly moving much more slowly than before.

She didn’t wait for further invitation. Utilizing the time while the spider was confused and off guard, Serilda sprung forward and neatly cut off one of the spider’s legs to hobble it. Her Empty Chill spell wouldn’t last for long, so she wanted to do as much as possible to give herself the advantage while she could. It screeched in pain and tried to turn to bite her, but with its movement severely slowed she was easily able to move out of the way. As she did, another swing from her scimitar cut off a fang from its mouth. It could still hurt her if it was really determined to, but not without some real effort.

Just before the freezing effect from her spell began to ebb off, Serilda was able to land a solid strike on the spider’s chest as it reared at her. Unfortunately, its exoskeleton was nothing to scoff at. One more hit ought to do it, she thought to herself as she went back to circling the creature. It was mostly back at full speed, despite having lost a leg -- it had seven others to fall back on, after all. The spider sprang toward her one last time, and instead of backing away Serilda jumped forward to greet it. At the last moment she bent back, sliding beneath the spider’s belly and thrusting the point of her sword at the same spot she pierced last time.

It wasn’t exactly in the same place, but it was close enough to the other strike that the tough exterior of the spider caved beneath the weight of the weapon and hit true. With a final pained cry, Serilda felt the body begin to stiffen into a corpse. She grunted and pushed the dead spider to the side, where it slowly curled into a ball. Then, she looked toward Indra to see how he was faring with the other one. The ring was in sight, and they were close to completing their objective. All they had to do was kill this last spider, and hopefully they would be home free from there.

Hopefully.

Words: 3769/3000

Suijin Azurestorm
    Suijin Azurestorm

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Suijin Azurestorm 21st December 2018, 1:26 pm

(Fast post cause work)

Indra was impressed by the woman's ingenuity as she used her own powers, and an impressive user of some form of ice magic to freeze the last spider. However, this time, he had something that would clear the field once she was free. "Get clear!" he warned, and raised a hand up high.

Lightning crackled above-- though by comparison, the thundercloud that formed was no bigger than a dinner plate as the onlookers saw from the safety away. Once she would get clear, lightning struck down around him-- empowering his next movement. "Lightning Dragon-- THUNDERCLAP!!"

He threw his hand down, casting forward a wave of lightning magic that proceeded forward to the two remaining spiders, the free one and the one frozen. The electric wave easily struck them both, causing shrieks as the electricity burned them. Further, if they did survive, they would be paralyzed by the effects of his THunderclap, the electricity causing a stun to their nervous systems.

He lowered his arm and the lightning dissipated, though sparks still danced around his half-naked torso and Sabertooth tattoo on his chest. "Hopefully that is the last of them," he commented.

(Wandering Storm Now Active)

WC: 196

Serilda Sinclair
    Serilda Sinclair

Ice Queen

Ice Queen

Character Sheet

Post by Serilda Sinclair 28th December 2018, 3:52 pm

The warning cry from her partner reached her ears and Serilda glanced over briefly to see what he was doing. Given the clouds above them and the element of his magic, she could guess what would be coming. Taking the quickest route out of the danger, Serilda disappeared into the ground itself, her body’s molecules shifting to let her pass through the dirt like it was empty space. The ground protected her wholly from the effects of his lightning, and by the time she peeked her head back out above the surface both spiders were finally dead.

“I don’t sense any more,” she told the large man, actively feeling around with her Void Sense to be certain. Nothing else seemed to be in the immediate area, at least. “Probably best not to wait around for that to change, though. Let’s get that ring and get out of here.” She was fairly certain that both of them were more than ready to be done with this job. It hadn’t been a relatively difficult task so far, but the constant fighting against bugs was starting to get old.

They made their way over to the ring and soon were standing right next to it. The thing towered over them at this size. Serilda wondered how they were going to get it back. She certainly wasn’t strong enough physically to lift it. Perhaps Indra was -- he certainly had an overabundance of muscles -- but she wasn’t sure he’d want to carry it all the way back to where they came from, particularly given that they’d probably run into more insects along the way. “Even if we can carry this thing between the two of us, I’m not sure how wise it would be to walk it all the way back through more bug territory. Do you think Tailong would be willing to come grab it and take us back..?”

She wasn’t going to make assumptions about the reptile, though so far he seemed the type to do it just to get under Indra’s skin while the dragon slayer was smaller than him. However, as the two of them discussed how they best wanted to tackle getting the ring back to the client, Serilda sensed movement heading toward them from above. She looked up to see a black and white bird diving toward them with its talons out. “Heads up!” she warned Indra, brandishing her sword in preparation to defend herself.

Except, the bird -- a magpie -- hadn’t been aiming for them so much as the ring. It landed right on the gold band with both feet, talons wrapping around it as its wings flapped in preparation to take off again, taking the ring with it. The wind from its wings was strong enough to push her back a bit, boots digging through the dirt as she fought for grounding. Her jaw was set with both determination and frustration. They finally managed to find this ring, and now a bird was trying to take off with it!

But, she refused to let that happen without a fight. They needed to keep this thing on the ground. Finding her footing, Serilda launched herself forward. “Empty Chill!” she cried again once she was near the bird. Constraining the reach of the spell so it wouldn’t hit Indra, the tight space around her and the bird thinned like before, a bitter frost biting at everything in its radius. The magpie’s wings seized from the sudden drop in temperature, and it was unable to lift off into the sky. Temporarily grounded, it stumbled a bit as it tried to adjust to the change.

“That spell only lasts briefly,” she told her partner squaring off against the bird that easily towered meters above them. It seemed they just couldn’t catch a break...

Words: 4420/3000

Suijin Azurestorm
    Suijin Azurestorm

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Suijin Azurestorm 28th December 2018, 9:56 pm

The final enemy gone-- or so Indra thought-- allowed him to relax a bit as he looked around to find teh ring. Though it was pretty big, he figure they could at least stand where they were and pick it up. He rested against it "We can try, but I doubt that little squirt would hear us," Indra grumbled as he rested his back against the cool gold of the ring. He tried to lift it but it was still far bigger than he was at this height. "The woman said it would wear off in a little bit of time. Once we are about to grow back to full size, we pick up the ring. We should be alright picking it up no problem mid-transformation."

His interruption was soon bothered by the chirp and cry of bird's. At first, Indra thought it was another one of Tailong's stunts. "Gecko, if that is you I swear---" Indra stopped as he soon saw the bird divebomb towards them, finding them as yummy as worms from afar. To make matters worse, it wasn't after them but wanted to take the ring-- probably as part of its nest. "Oh, hell no." he growled.

Seri was sharp though using a form of temperature spell to limit the bird's flight movement. That kept it in range. Now Indra would zap it and make fried chicken out of it. But he was running low on magic, till he saw the miniature storm cloud crackle with lightning overhead. "About time I had a snack for a change..." he growled.

Lightning flashed and struck down, guided down by his very will and struck him. Normally a person would be ash, but he easily took in the energy, his maw open as he slurped it down as if it was candy. The flash of lightning made him fully charged in magic, allowing him to use another attack on the bird. More lightning flashed from the miniature clouds overhead, as he raised a hand up to the sky.

"Lightning Dragon-- Imperial Arms!!" He threw his hand down again, similar to THunderclap. This time, a series of lightning rained down from the clouds, in the shape of multiple blades of electricity. That was one of the advance spells of the Lightning Dragon Slayer-- causing dozens of weapons of lightning to strike upon an enemy. Of course on the bird, it couldn't do severe damage but no doubt it would ground the bird and cause it to drop the ring.

From afar, the old woman and Tailong could see the mini lightning storm above them and the bird. The little dragon just watched pleasantly. "Ooooh, talk about mini- fireworks. Wish i had a camera-lacryma." the dragon chirped.

"NOT HELPING!" Indra snapped back, hearing the dragon.

WC: 464

Serilda Sinclair
    Serilda Sinclair

Ice Queen

Ice Queen

Character Sheet

Post by Serilda Sinclair 30th December 2018, 11:32 am

Well, this was just getting aggravating at this point. What had started off as a seemingly easy task had turned into a real pain in the ass from nothing more than a size change. At this point, she was wondering if all of this would have been easier if they’d just searched the garden at their full forms. It was too late now to gripe over such things, however, and Serilda wasn’t exactly the griping type anyway.

She managed to ground the bird long enough for Indra to get in a series of hit. Somehow a small thunderstorm had formed above them, producing enough lighting for the dragon slayer to consume. Reinvigorated, he performed another slayer technique that called lightning down in dozens of bolts to shock and aggravate the bird.

Not wanting to get caught by the lightning, particularly with a metal sword in hand, she instead called upon one of her ranged spells to assist the attack. Reaching a hand out to her side, Serilda reached deep into the ground with her senses and clutched hold of a rock deep in the dirt, dragging it up to the surface. Though the rock could hardly have been more than a pebble in reality, at their current size it was practically a ten foot boulder. It hovered in the air next to her like it was weightless, awaiting her commands.

Serilda flicked her wrist and the boulder went flying toward the bird, clipping it on the side of the head. With a cool expression as she ignored the animal’s cries, the woman brought her hand around in front of her and continued to direct the rock, slamming it into the bird’s body over and over again. Enraged, the magpie managed to recover enough of itself to slam its beak toward the ground, trying to peck at them. The Voidwalker leaped backward, deftly dodging the attack with the creature’s movements slowed from Indra’s lightning and her Empty Chill spell.

None of their attacks were necessarily doing a whole lot of damage to the thing, but maybe if they annoyed it enough it would just leave. It already looked like it was trying to decide if the shiny bauble was worth all the hassle they were giving.

Words: 4795/3000

Suijin Azurestorm
    Suijin Azurestorm

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Suijin Azurestorm 30th December 2018, 10:29 pm

Seri's magic aided in staggering the bird. And now it was time form them to finish it off. Indra inhaled once more seeing the electricity now paralyze the bird. "I'm in the mood for fried fowl. Lightning Dragon... ROAR!!" he howled again, releasing a blast of lightning from his maw aty the bird.

The small bird let out a shriek as the powerful lightning burst electrocuted him. Even despite Indra's size, the power of a Lightning Dragon's Roar was just as powerful as being struck by real lightning for the bird. THough not super lethal, the bird dropped the ring and took off flying/limping in the air at an erratic pace.

WC: 247
    Indra felt a touch disappointed the bird flew away-- as he was not kidding as he was hungry for real food, not just the bolt of lightning to strike down. Either way, the worst was over and the ring was theirs. A sigh of relief came from him as he rested a hand against the cool gold ring. "We did it... " he sighed, "Now we just need to grow back to ****ing normal."

It was then they started to feel a change. A tremble in their limbs, as if they had overexherted their muscles physically. However, it was the early sign of the potion wearing off. In a matter of seconds, they would start to grow up, beginning their return to full size.

Someone had better grab the ring or risking losing it again.

Serilda Sinclair
    Serilda Sinclair

Ice Queen

Ice Queen

Character Sheet

Post by Serilda Sinclair 31st December 2018, 9:26 am

A final series of lightning attacks from Indra was all it took for the bird to decide it no longer wanted to stick around. Shrieking loudly, it managed enough control over its wings to fly off and disappear into one of the many gargantuan trees that surrounded them. The slayer sighed at rested against the ring, expressing his desire to be back to their normal size.

Serilda felt similarly, though she didn’t voice as much. She was starting to wonder how long they were going to have to wait for the effects of the spell to wear off when she started feeling the change in her body. “We won’t be waiting long, it seems.” Walking over to the ring, she placed her quivering hand against it. Soon enough, the world around her began to shrink, including the ring. Once it was small enough for her to pick up, she did so.

By the time they were back to normal size, the ring was safely in the palm of her hand and the two of them were standing a few meters out in the garden. Serilda showed it to Indra, just to assure him that she’d managed to snatch it before they could lose track of it again, and then she started making her way back to the back porch where the client was waiting with Tailong.

“Here you go, ma’am,” she said, offering the gold band to the older woman, who thanked them both profusely for their efforts. “It was no trouble at all. I’m just glad we found it.”

Words: 5064/3000

Suijin Azurestorm
    Suijin Azurestorm

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Suijin Azurestorm 31st December 2018, 11:07 pm

Indra's body began to grow up-- and he was grateful that Seni had the ring in her hand as they grew up. The world seemed to shrink around him almost as he felt as he lifted higher and higher, while in truth his body began to grow back up in size. Before he knew it, he was back to his usual size-- checking his surroundings to be sure. Going from super small to normal size wreaked havoc on his senses, but he was slowly coming back to reality, as if waking from a dream. He hesitated as he walked forward, making sure where he stepped. It felt so strange after such a brief experience.

Finally, he regained his composure as he saw Seni return the ring to the old woman. "Oh thank you, sweeties. You both did a good job," she said, showing a gentle bow of her head to show her sincerity. "You two truly are youngsters to help me with this. Now let me get you the payment for your hard work."

As the older woman went to give them their reward, Tailong fluttered up to them. "Wow that was fun to watch. You two should sell that potion and use it to make your own mini circus. You could make a fortune of that," the little dragon chirped.

It was then that Indra turned to his little companion and glared at him, right up and close. "Speaking of, you and me got something to settle..." he growled, slowly closing the gap.

The little dragon let out a small gasp as he turned away, feinting ignorance. "Er, what you mean? Oh poor me, I have such a bad short-term memory..." he said, inching back as Indra inched closer.

"Yeah?" Indra asked, a vein across his forehead from his restrained anger. "Let's see I can shock the memory loose? Which one? The one you crammed that crap down my throat or the one where you made me an toy!?" Electricity flickered in his grip.

"Technically, the more masculine word is 'action figure' in your case, ya know?" Tailong squeaked to try and spin it off in the better way.

"GET OVER HERE YOU LITTLE--"

The moment Indra lunged to grab him, the dragon took off flying higher. The little dragon quickly transformed into a far bigger dragon, but all the while kept flying away from Indra as the man chased after him in a furry. The old woman gave a small gasp as she saw Indra start to shoot lightning at the dragon, the dragon serpentinely dodging the attacks that came his way. "Oh my..." she said, slightly surprised but not distressed.

"You better run!" Indra shouted as he gave chase, showing a bit of an immature side to him as he chased his supposed friend with lightning bolts.

WC; 471 Conditions Met.

Current date/time is 19th April 2024, 5:38 am