Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

I Could Take the High Road, but I Know that I'm Going Low

Moderator- Alt Account- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Rising Star- Guild Master- Custom Slayer- Dragon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- Neutral Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Wanderer- Working Together- Christian Minecraft Server- I Have Friends...- Teaming Up!- Limited Edition- Legal Eagle- Helper- Guild Creator- Achiever- Expert Achiever- Over Achiever- Buddy Buddy- Shipped- Sticking Around- Dank Memer- Taskmaster- Halloween gfx'ers- Halloween Social - Halloween job event participant - Rich- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- X-Mas Event Participant- Cookie Achievement- Cupcake Achievement- Hero- Summer Special Participant- Have Onida On Your Friend's List- Have aeluri On Your Friend's List- Player 
    Lineage : Descendant of the Candy Witch
    Position : None
    Faction : The Rune Knights
    Guild : Guildless
    Dungeon Tokens : 5
    Experience : 2,545,552

Character Sheet
    First Magic:
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

I Could Take the High Road, but I Know that I'm Going Low Empty I Could Take the High Road, but I Know that I'm Going Low

Post by 88 15th October 2018, 2:48 am

Days of silence. Maybe weeks. Theo didn't understand time anymore. The unbearable nothingness was torture even now. In the blur of his arrival he hadn't felt any pain, not from stitches or needle pricks or his wounds. Not because he regularly disassociated from his reality, but because the sensors for such things were nearly gone entirely. He knew his body didn't respond as it should, and that his mind was foggy and confused at best. His only comfort was from those he loved, and at first he only barely remembered them saving him at all.

He did understand that he hated the white walls in the hospital, and that the beeps of machines made him feel like destroying whatever his hands could reach. How many times did he have to tell the nurse to leave his room light on at night?! So what if a guy down the hall was bothered by it, what about him? When the lights went off he was back in that cursed mansion, his skin getting corroded off by black acid and a neon blue and black deity taking anything she wanted from him. Turning off the lights sent him into a screaming fit, so which was worse? A dim light annoying another patient or his screaming keeping them all up for the whole night?

A hospital didn't discharge many in the waning hours of the day, but they made an exception. They reasoned it would be best for everyone if Theo went home. He seemed stable enough. Most of his stitches were removed, scar tissue forming nicely albeit freshly over the slices on the backside of his body from the neck down. His burns were merely soft pink spots with his natural tan beginning to encroach back where it should be. Other than the removal of his nerves that they could do nothing about and were honestly baffled he'd survived, and his fragile mental state, he was physically ready to leave so they let him when he demanded.

That's how Theo ended up in bed beside his lover. She'd brought him home and put him to bed, and he was comforted by that and her presence. The light remained on, for which he apologized to her for several times. He knew it was inconvenient, yet couldn't yet deal with the darkness. Her presence was so comforting he even went to sleep, probably the best sleep he'd had for quite a while in comparison. Putting on such a brave face for Rin had been exhausting. Trying to act as normal as possible while feeling completely alien head to toe was the hardest thing he'd ever done, but it was worth it if he could give her a smile and receive one in return.

As the night progressed, his terrors set in. Sleep was not kind and was its own kind of darkness. Prone to nightmares anyway, this one broke him into a sweat. He relived the torment that had happened over and over again in slowed time, that hellacious demon laughing and enjoying making him into nothing. Luckily the brain's signals to remain still while dreaming held, only allowing small twitches, tossing and turning, whimpers, and heavy breathing instead of thrashing and screaming.

However, once it hit about 5am, Theo awoke with a start and the sleep spell was lifted. His tattered heart fluttered as fast as it could and his stomach churned threateningly. Lurching up, he skittered out of the bed in a frenzy and bare feet rushed him to the bathroom where any hospital food that remained in his belly was conjured up with force. He could hear his torturers laugh as if she was hovering above the toilet, but Theo did his best to be as quiet as possible so not to alarm Rin. He forced himself not to check for the phantom, telling himself that she couldn't be there. Trying to use reason. Holding the back of a trembling hand to his mouth, he remained kneeling in case more would come. Hot tears pooled on the bottom lids of his eyes but refused to fall. He may be broken, but he still had a little fight left.

[697]

_____________________________________________________________________________________

I Could Take the High Road, but I Know that I'm Going Low 65698_s
    Eden Knox
    Eden Knox

She wolf

She wolf

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Main Account- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Rising Star- Guild Master- Legal Guild Ace- S-Rank- A-Rank- Wanderer- Eevee- Job Creator- Working Together- Forever Solo- Christian Minecraft Server- I Have Friends...- Teaming Up!- Limited Edition- Legal Eagle- The Completionist- Helper- Guild Creator- Achiever- Expert Achiever- Over Achiever- Buddy Buddy- Shipped- Sticking Around- Dank Memer- Fan Artist- Taskmaster- Halloween job event participant - Rich- Veteran Level 6- Veteran Level 5- Veteran Level 4- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Tertiary Magic- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Advertisement Achievement Badge- Cookie Achievement- Cupcake Achievement- Rainbow- Hero- Summer Special Donor- Summer Special Participant- Have Onida On Your Friend's List- Have an Admin as a friend!- Have aeluri On Your Friend's List- Player 
    Lineage : Silver Chaotica
    Guild : Divine Calamity
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Mentor : None
    Experience : 75

Character Sheet
    First Magic:
    Second Magic: N/A
    Third Magic: N/A

I Could Take the High Road, but I Know that I'm Going Low Empty Re: I Could Take the High Road, but I Know that I'm Going Low

Post by Eden Knox 31st October 2018, 10:00 pm

Everything had been a blur of emotions. Fear. Anger. Hatred. An unquenchable thirst for revenge. Those emotions were the only things that kept Rin from completely shutting down. The time after Theo's incident had been the closest thing she could imagine to hell. His screams and the fear in his eyes tore at her heart. She didn't have the time to properly process everything that had happened. It all came and went so quickly. The only thing she could do was plot her revenge. This monster wasn't going to get away with what they had done. Not if she had anything to do with it.

She had tried her best to keep a brave face on for Theo, visiting him in the hospital as often as she could, but it was probably obvious to see that she was quite the mess. She hadn't slept... Not well, anyways. And if she did sleep, she would be plagued by nightmares or tugged awake by sleep walking. There were several days where she had woken up in the middle of nowhere, with nothing but a weapon in her grasp. She wanted to tell herself that she had no idea why this was happening, but she knew... Even in her sleep there was the need to find this beast. The evil creature that had hurt the love of her life. There would be no rest until she could get her revenge, of that much, she was sure.

When Theo finally came home from the hospital, there was a twinge of excitement that tugged at her heartstrings. It would be good to have him with her once again. The nights she spent alone frightened her, but now that he was back, there would be much less to fear. Well, that was what she initially thought, anyways. Unfortunately, she had found herself becoming even more restless. She had to stay awake... No... There was no time for sleep anymore... Her eyes must always stay open so she could make sure that he was safe. He had to be safe.

He had to be safe.

As her lover slept, the young woman lay beside him, rubbing her bloodshot eyes for what seemed like the 100th time that evening. No matter how much she rubbed, though, the burning sensation wouldn't stop. The lack of sleep really was having an impact on her physical state as well as her mental one. But there was no way she could sleep now. Not when she had to protect him. Her gaze shifted to the side, glancing at the man who lay beside her. He looked so fragile now. Like a glass figure that would shatter at the lightest touch. So precious, yet so cracked. Not broken just yet, but fractured all the same.

Turning over onto her side, away from Theo, the pink haired woman let out a sigh, a sense of dread washing over her. Another night... Hours of staring into nothing... Hours of wishing that she could be doing anything other than lying here. But alas, this was her fate now. Until she could make sure that the person who had done this was gone, there would be no rest for her. Just as she had been about to raise her hands to her eyes once more, there came a sudden movement from behind her. Theo had risen from the bed and ran out of the room. But why? He had never been known to sleep walk before. Having bad dreams? Yes. Tossing and turning? Yes. But never getting up from his bed. Rin was up in a flash, legs a bit shaky as her feet made contact with the ground. She followed him as quickly as she could, making it to the bathroom just after he had lost the contents of his stomach. A deep frown creased her brow as she looked on. No matter how hard he tried to make it seem like he was okay, he really wasn't. It was obvious to see, and the fact that he tried to hide it almost made it seem more bitter. Why did this have to happen to him? To them? Of all the people in the world... Why did it have to be them?

"Hey... You're okay... I'm here..." Rin cooed gently, kneeling down beside her partner and resting a comforting hand on his cheek. "It's going to be okay..." She couldn't count how many times she had said that. It was almost like a broken record at this point. Was it really going to be okay? There was no way to tell for sure, but hoping was all that she could do right now. "Here, let's get you cleaned up and get you some water. That'll make you feel better." A smile forced its way across her lips as she stretched a hand out towards him, offering to help him up.
    coded by benetnasch of THQ

Name::
    Rin Mayou

Notes:
    angst

Tags:
    @tagged

Words:

_____________________________________________________________________________________

I Could Take the High Road, but I Know that I'm Going Low I2D4CIg

Moderator- Alt Account- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Rising Star- Guild Master- Custom Slayer- Dragon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- Neutral Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Wanderer- Working Together- Christian Minecraft Server- I Have Friends...- Teaming Up!- Limited Edition- Legal Eagle- Helper- Guild Creator- Achiever- Expert Achiever- Over Achiever- Buddy Buddy- Shipped- Sticking Around- Dank Memer- Taskmaster- Halloween gfx'ers- Halloween Social - Halloween job event participant - Rich- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- X-Mas Event Participant- Cookie Achievement- Cupcake Achievement- Hero- Summer Special Participant- Have Onida On Your Friend's List- Have aeluri On Your Friend's List- Player 
    Lineage : Descendant of the Candy Witch
    Faction : The Rune Knights
    Guild : Guildless
    Experience : 2,545,552

Character Sheet
    First Magic:
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

I Could Take the High Road, but I Know that I'm Going Low Empty Re: I Could Take the High Road, but I Know that I'm Going Low

Post by 88 31st October 2018, 11:18 pm

Theo was quiet and unmoving for just a moment or so after Rin walked because he didn't know she was there. It wasn't until she spoke that he instinctively flinched. He wasn't afraid of her, but he was understandably jumpy. There was something about not being able to feel her touch that somehow made it all worse. There was little he loved more in life than feeling her warmth and caresses, and at this moment that was robbed from him. As she urged him up, he refused to move, somewhere between trying to ignore how weak he looked and making sure he wasn't going to throw up again. He wanted nothing more than to turn and give her a smile, to worry and fuss over her instead of how it was now. Maybe it was sexist these days, but the boy from a time far in the past wanted to protect his woman from the scariness of the world. She'd already seen more than anyone should, he didn't want to add his stuff to it as well. Yet...in this moment, his suffering was more than he could shield her from. "I'm fine," he said in a hoarse voice, but the bravado was hollow.

Possibly one of the worse things was that he couldn't feel it when most things happened, no matter how minor. Drathir's aid in keeping his body functioning was mostly minimal, so he couldn't feel as tears started to escape the corners of his eyes. He couldn't feel the wetness on his cheeks. More convinced he wasn't about to be sick again, he turned and offered her a smile, somehow seeming even more sad with his silent tears. "I didn't mean to wake you," he continued, voice soft as he slowly rose to his feet after taking his lover's hand. With a flush, he moved to the sink to take her advice and clean up. It made no sense, but he winced when he put his hands under the faucet. Somehow the lack of sensation when his brain knew there should be was a different form of pain. It was torture in itself, like the Nightshade Hell Deity never stopped. However, he still cleaned up and dried both the water and his tears away. Brushing his teeth was next. The shame of being caught in such a state brought a flush to his sheet white cheeks, but at least he felt a little better.

Attempting to shake the nightmare and his issues away, he clumsily took her hand again and lead her to the kitchen. He wasn't ready to try sleeping again, and it had been a while since he'd been allowed up and moving around. Theo was a clumsy man, but it was made worse with the lack of feeling. Still, he managed to get himself a glass of water as well as start a pot of coffee for Rin. Taking a sip, he turned to her, the sadness in his gaze for her instead of spent selfishly on his own circumstances. Carefully placing a hand against her cheek, he took in her condition. "I'm okay. I'm gonna be okay," he repeated her former words. "And I'm sorry I've put you through this. Oh, Rin...you need to sleep. What can I do to make you feel better?" Theo wanted to know, his mental state all over the place. He blamed himself. And the worse she looked, somehow he managed to feel even more like the thin strand he walked would snap. Perhaps deflecting onto her would distract from the mess. "I have to do something...early morning walk? We should be docking somewhere soon. Maybe it'll tire you out and I can watch you sleep later..."

[1315]

I Could Take the High Road, but I Know that I'm Going Low 65698_s

Current date/time is 28th March 2024, 8:10 am