Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

The Calm Before The Storm...

TheUnicorn
    TheUnicorn

Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster

Novice [250]- 3rd Place Event/Contest Winner- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Aspect of Neptune
    Position : None
    Guild : Blue Pegasus
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : Venilia (Orca)
    Experience : 175

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Ocean Angel Magic
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

The Calm Before The Storm...  Empty The Calm Before The Storm...

Post by TheUnicorn 21st April 2013, 4:05 am

It was seven years ago when I first met my true family, when I met him. I still remember him, the way he taught me, the way he took me in when no one else wanted me. Who knows, only my memories can tell who I truly was.

The patter of Eternia’s tiny footsteps echoed throughout the dense forest floor.
    Drip drop drip drop                  
    The deafening sound of the bellowing winds made Eternia jump. She frowned, she was so agitated today. She padded along, shuffling her miniature feet through the thick brown puddles of sludge. A storm was brewing, and a good one at that. The sky darkened as Eternia fastened her pace. It was near midnight, was too late for a 9 year old to be out, wandering the forest alone. But to whom else could she turn to? To her parents? They had died a couple of months ago.

She fell to her knees, covered in mud and started weeping. Clear tears formed in her eyes as she looked up into the sky, searching for an answer. She found nothing. Nothing, but the eeriness of the dark night. “WHY!!” she cried throwing her hands in the mud, sending a small rock to scrape across her face, “why me…” she snuffled as the rain gently poured down on her delicate little face, making it sting. She looked around; she knew these woods nearly as well as a badger knew its den.  It was the place she went often, to think, to observe, to live her new lonely life. The charm around her necklace hung down from her neck, it was the last thing her parents gave her before they died. It was peaceful at night, but not today. The cries of her sorrow filled the night sky as a thunderous sound echoed through the jungle. Eternia’s eyes widened as she quickly stood up covered knee-high in mud. She felt for the necklace around her neck, but it had gone. She ran. She ran, as fast as those little legs could carry her, deeper into the unknown.

“ROAR”

The sound seemed to be getting closer. Eternia’s heart pounded faster as she raced through the dense undergrowth, careful not to trip on any unwelcome creatures. She didn’t dare look behind her. The thunder stopped, and made her stop in her tracks. She turned around slowly, afraid of what challenges lay behind her. A Vulcan? A Monkey?

She winced at the sight of the oddest looking creature she had ever faced. It was the biggest, most beautiful creature Eternia had ever seen.  It was a large black dragon with large purple wings. The creature grinned, showing its sparkly, ever so white teeth. He scraped his claw along the ground sending the sky into a chorus of roars. Eternia froze, mesmerized by what she saw. She couldn’t move. She didn’t know why.

She swallowed her fear as she spoke bravely, “What are you?” only to realise that she couldn’t talk to creatures. Mentally kicking herself she looked into the creatures eyes, hoping it would answer her.  Of course, the possibility it would talk back was near zero, even she knew that. The creature chuckled. “Hmm… you seem different than the others” he said his sparkling yellow eyes staring at her as if he could read her mind. She stepped back, aware of what just happened. Did that just happen? she closed her eyes and shook her head, sending millions of tiny water droplets onto the animal’s skin.  

“Relax child, for I am no foe, I am a friend, to those who seek it” he spoke in the most utterly beautiful tone.  It was neither hard nor soft, yet it had the potential to woe a child to sleep. Eternia couldn’t help with smile as the dragon flicked its tail. The forest seemed to have gone quiet, so quiet that only she could be heard. Tears reached her eyes as she ran towards the dragon, hugging its scaly chest. The dragon smiled as the clouds began to dance, sending the sky into a world of colours. “I know lots about you Eternia, your family, and your life. I know what it’s like to feel alone, I don’t have a family either” he said blinking gratefully at her as she stepped away. “I..I…I’m so alone, I feel like there is no one in this world to look after me, but me” she said dropping to her knees. She held her head in her hands, crying as the Dragon’s eyes were fixed on her. “Then join me”

Eternia staggered backwards in the dirt, only making it worse. “Excuse me?!” she said surprised. Living with a Dragon? She couldn’t believe it. Maybe it was just trying to persuade her to become its next meal? Eternia gulped as she looked at the Dragon. “Why would you choose me, out of everyone?” she asked childishly. The Dragon grinned, “Honestly, I don’t really know. You remind me of myself, and I like it” he said as he flicked his mighty tail, sending a tree flying over her head. She smiled, she wasn’t afraid anymore. The dragon blinked, hoping for an answer. Eternia stumbled over to the dragon, “My name is Tobikuma it means…” he was cut off by Eternia, “It means flying cloud” she finished as the Dragon looked at her amazed. “Yes, that is correct.” he said his expression changing, “How did you know that?” he asked curiously as Eternia walked towards him. “My parents used to tell me the story, the story of dragons. Many exist in this world, but they are rarely seen, but they told me a different story about you, you were more like a… a real dragon” Eternia stammered as she looked the great creature’s eyes, rain still pouring down from the heavens. Tobikuma looked away, embarrassed at what he heard. “My child, I am a real dragon, that story is long forgotten, this is the true me, the true Tobikumai” he stammered as he jumped up into the air, extending his long black wings. “Come forth, and I will teach you to become the Storm Dragon Slayer, my family”

It’s been nearly 4 years since Tobikuma left me, he had taught me so many great things, so much about the world of magic. In the end, I even got his appetite! But how come I didn’t remember any of my past, how come I thought my true power was in Ice Creation. How come I didn’t know until now?

Eternia looked up to the sky, the winds of change seemed to be singing to her. She was walking through the forest she always did. Eternia is sixteen now, the memories of her past still dwelling in the depths of her mind. Whenever she tried to remember, it seemed to flow away. She could remember bits and pieces of her childhood. Her father, her mother, but what happened after that? She stopped in her tracks, a small silver shiny thing shone on the ground. It seemed to be calling her, seemed to be urging her on. She bent down on her knees, grabbing the little necklace. Her eyes filled with tears as she realised what it was. It was the necklace her parents gave her, the one she dropped when she joined Yoshiyuki.

Memories flooded into her mind, those which were foggy now became clear. She stammered backwards, holding onto a tree. Her breathing fastened at the thought of what just happened. A Dragon Slayer? Me? I thought…but never he thoughts were interrupted by the flutter sound of wings. Giant, black wings.

Tobikuma had arrived.

Eternia gulped as she held the necklace in her hand. The creature landed, stretching its large oversized wings and walking towards Eternia. “Eternia, my child, you are safe” he breathed as he walked closer, emotion in his eyes. Eternia walked backwards, trying to stay a certain distance away, “You’re a dragon. I don’t get it, I don’t understand” she yelled frustrated. Why was this happening? Especially now. The dragon tensed, “I did it all for you Eternia! I did it to protect you and for you to have a better life!” he roared as thunder rumbled above her head. Eternia gasped, For me, he left me because he loved me? Eternia’s eyes were now a deep blue sea, full of emotion.

Drop drip drop drip

A single drop of rain landed on Eternia’s nose. It was like that night, 4 years ago, when she first met him. The Dragon who saved her, he was her family then, her life all that time ago. He had taught her the ways of the Storm Dragon. The way to become his family. Eternia’s eyes looked up into the sky, searching for what she had been looking for all those lonely nights. She had found him, finally, her true father once more.  She smiled for the first time that evening, a smile that lit up the sky. Tobikuma looked puzzled. Did he do something amusing? He didn’t understand. “I remember now, I remember how you took me in, cared for me, and gave me a home. I remember, you’re the one I have been searching for, my Journey” she said her voice echoing through the forest. Tobikuma’s eyes lit up, smiling. “You have found the inner you. With this, the power of the Storm is yours. Then again, it was always yours from the start, my child, be safe. And do me proud, your journey is still ahead of you” he said as he outstretched his mighty black wings, heaving himself into the dark night sky. “Good luck, and remember, I love you” he stammered as he propelled himself into the sky, flying further away. Eternia eyes softened and her expression changed. She felt warm and fuzzy inside, she had finally found her past, the Storm Dragon.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Jobs In Progress:

Jobs Done:

The Calm Before The Storm...  Oaai5i
    Theme :: Battle :: Pet :: Magic

Current date/time is 29th March 2024, 12:46 am