† Helfershelfer † Johann

    Share
    avatar
    Verosia

    Quality Badge Level 3 - Player
    Lineage : † Chaos Eye †
    Position : None
    Posts : 36
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 1,200

    † Helfershelfer † Johann

    Post by Verosia on 19th September 2018, 2:35 am


    Fall had arrived with the splashes of autumn hues across some leaves, a scent so typical of the town rose around her, sharp salt and fish assaulting her senses. The uncouth nature of this town was evident from the way that she had been watching this place for three dawns and dusks yet the stench that needed cleansing remained. Early morning light glanced off the brim of her hat which she glared from under, when replying to the contractor she had been notified that this was no solo job and the frail old man would be pairing her up with another mage to complete the task. Glare and displeasure, they were not due to the possibility of a partnership but rather the lack of communication by the commissioner of this job, really now it should have been specified that any who took this offer alone would get paired up. Order was already lacking, the outlook for the job was dim.

    Slim the folder in her hand held much information about this Olivia Sutton, it reminded her of times past, just getting handed a file and expected to complete the job to the upmost standered. The child was here now, the brief moments of structure she got were fleeting yet delicious. Finger traced lightly across the page, it was not a sight too odd for any stray citizens around. Although if one knew what they were looking for it would be a simple connection to make. The park bench she was seated on faced many of the entrances, she hadn't a clue which direction this unnamed accomplice would approach from yet the order had been simple, wait here: the bench under an acorn tree in east par, wait now: early morning of the forth week day. Then meet, and complete. It was doubtful the cleaning would be that simple, yet after brushing a stray leaf off her sleeve the page was once more most important. Notes scrawled in the corners about what she had learned herself alongside information which had been provided.

    The early mornings of this woman were spent cooking, large batches of meals cooked at once in her home. It would be later distributed at lunch and again dinner, there was a slight gap in surveillance until early lunch when she started making her rounds, families in need, homeless. Those who needed to stand on their own two feet or be purged. Perhaps she was being a little too harsh towards those who were just slight stains. Focus on the larger marks Verosia, focus on those who needed to be purged. It was time to focus on this cleaning, she had been issued the order to wait here until some partner appeared. Who was it though? A woman winding her way through the hydrangea bushes, one of the couples with their children, or just a bystander, cautiously waiting in hopes that this was no mistake.

    That one, he seemed off, she couldn't place it yet as her boots touched the ground and she rose from the bench the girls sky blue eyes latched onto him. A simple soft face among the dark uniform. "Excuse me sir, I'm waiting for someone. Does the name Olivia Sutton mean anything to you?"  Her head tilted to the side, questioning him. if it was a mistake she would just be another child waiting for a woman who was known to help others. if it were the partner? Well who would tell yet it would be amusing to see the reaction.

    588 | 3750
    Job Information


    _____________________________________________________________________________________

    avatar
    Johann

    Moderator - Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishval- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Neutral Guild Ace- S-Rank- Halloween Social - Halloween job event participant - Fan Art Contest Participant- Haiku Contest Participant- Rich- Veteran Level 1- Character Application Approved!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Tertiary Magic- The Fallen- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Hero- Summer Special Tier 4- Summer Special Tier 3- Summer Special Tier 2- Summer Special Tier 1- Summer Special Donor- Summer Special Participant- Be On Lester's Friends List - Player -
    Lineage : Master of Runes
    Position : God of Strength
    Posts : 1062
    Guild : Ace of Onyx Moon
    Cosmic Coins : -
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Age : 27
    Mentor : Ruvel
    Experience : 553,287.5

    Character Sheet
    First Magic: Advanced Elemental Runes
    Second Magic: Forces of War
    Third Magic: Berserker Satan Slayer [2nd Gen]

    Re: † Helfershelfer † Johann

    Post by Johann on 19th September 2018, 6:21 am

    His eyes wandering over the vastness of the sea that extended endlessly towards the horizon, Johann stood up from the cross legged sitting position he had been in, watching as the sun rose higher and higher over the city of Hargeon, the orange glow spreading across the reflective surface of the seemingly boundless ocean. Sometimes the fact that he didn't sleep like others seemed to present certain advantages, though the Vice President of the West Fiore Trading Company did miss a regular sleep cycle. It would have certainly helped, he couldn't help but think, if his fellow Vice Presidents wouldn't load off their personal paperwork at his desk regularly. Absent mindedly, the silver haired male sighed, reaching into one of his pockets. He hadn't come all the way from Tolgalen to Hargeon, not that distance was much of a deal for him though, simply to watch the sun rise. No ... this time, there would be a different, perhaps more sinister reason for his excursion from the Headquarters of the Company. Today, he would act not as part of the West Fiore Trading Company, but as Casus Belli of Onyx Moon, the other, darker side of the Company, as his masked disguise and vigilante / mercenary alter ego.

    And the work of a mercenary he would do. As it stood, he had a mission to take care of, pulling from his pocket the plain white mask of Onyx Moon, swiftly placing it on his head before, in a swirl of darkness, his clothing, his appearance, his form changed. Every aspect of his self was altered, the scent of burnt coal filling the air around him as his silver hair turned black, his clothing changed into a black and red robe, the features of his face along with the simple mask above it changing their shape before finally, the transformation was complete. Turning towards the city, Casus looked down the belltower of the church he had taken his rest on, whispering to himself with his altered, deep voice "Mars. Wake up. We have work to do", speaking to the other half of his being that slumbered within, a chuckle echoing through the back of his mind when he spoke the name before seemingly vanishing into thin air.

    The job itself would be rather easy, if the clients instructions and story could be believed at all. The man was old, older than Jo even, and trusting in his aura, he was very, very hateful, spouting something about justice and vengeance, gibberish in most people's eyes and ears, though ... strangely emotional. From what Johann could discern, the man wanted a certain "Olivia Sutton" dead, a former legal mage of a rather famous official guild, for reasons the Keeper of Onyx Moon could, at least somewhat distantly, relate to: His daughter. Apparently, she had been killed in a battle between legal mages of a certain guild and dark mages attempting to take hostages, "an unfortunate accident" some might say, "collateral damage", others would perhaps go this far. For the old man though, it was but one word and no other, "murder". From what information Casus had received, the whole thing had been covered up by the magic council, every hint of the man's daughter being killed simply vanishing, his pleas going unheard, his tears reaching noone. He had tried and tried for years, but no one would listen, she had "gone missing on her way home from school", the official stories said. When he had heard what the man had to say, when he had seen the tears in his eyes, he knew he was telling him the truth, and although he had kept a calm expression, the inferno that was hate engulfed his heart. Just one more reason to hate the Magic Council, only adding a drop to the ocean of misdeeds and corruption. The Onyx Moon mage did not care for the reward, he had no need for money, but it was part of the job as a mercenary, and thus he accepted the contract, only to learn that the geezer had actually made plans and hired more than one mage for this. As if Jo wouldn't be enough. But ... he wouldn't say anything. The old man deserved his revenge, who would actually deliver the final blow ? He cared not.

    Though it left him wondering ... who was this other mage he had hired ? Their affiliation ? Their name ? He was curious, but he would find out soon enough. Appearing on a rooftop near the spot where they were scheduled to meet, Casus would appear, seemingly blinking into existence from nothing, his eyes wandering over the cobblestone square below. Nothing too conspicuous or outstanding, a normal, busy day in Hargeon, though ... his eyes fell on one particular person. A young girl, short, talking to a man who appeared to shake his head in confusion before walking away from her, though the most intriguing of her features remaining the military uniform she was clad in. Of course. The girl had asked the other about a "Olivia Sutton". A smirk lifted up one corner of his mouth. So this would be her, hm ? A little young for the job, but ... who was Johann to judge. The world was cruel, harsh even, and you had to make money somehow. As long as she would be good at what she was doing, the Rune Mage would not comment. Vanishing into thin air and suddenly blinking back once more, he appeared a good 5 meters behind her, his mask and outfit perhaps too flashy to blend in with the populus, but then again, his presumed "partner" wasn't too much different.

    "Excuse me, young miss." he addressed her with soft tone, his altered voice forming a slight contrast to his words. "Say, you don't happen to be waiting for someone ? As coincidental as it might seem, excuse my directness, I am supposed to meet someone here. Perhaps I could assist you in your endeavours ?", raising his right hand to his shoulder before giving a respectful bow. "But where are my manners, please, allow me to introduce myself, young miss. I am Casus Belli, pleased to make your acquaintance", raising his head to take a good look at the girl before him, waiting for a response.


    -----------------------------------------------------------
    Word Count: 1.061
    Word Count Total: 1.061 / 3.750


    _____________________________________________________________________________________

    avatar
    Verosia

    Quality Badge Level 3 - Player
    Lineage : † Chaos Eye †
    Position : None
    Posts : 36
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 1,200

    Re: † Helfershelfer † Johann

    Post by Verosia on 20th September 2018, 1:15 pm


    Dummkopf, the man before her just drew his eyes together, a thoughtful look crossing his face as if the name sounded familiar yet there was no initial reaction. A sound of thinking left him, the soft 'mmm' followed by a 'nope' and shake of the head. With a brief apology he simply rubbed the back of his head, a sign of slight discomfort before turning and returning from whatever crevice he needed to be purged from. Yet she worried not, for there was time, she could just return to her bench and let her eyes glaze over until someone approached her. A voice as unsettling as the speaker spoke from behind her, muscles stiffened slightly as it greeted her. Perhaps the hook she had initially thrown out to catch the first fish had snagged a second fish. A slight bounce in her step with questioning eyes brought her around to face the masked figure,  he was taller than her- no surprise yet it was the elaborate attire which brought a quirk to her smile. Many questioned her choice of clothing, a military uniform being rather strict for clothing in this nation yet at least it was- acceptable. Utilitarian uniforms were perfect, with normal shoulders. Not the odd shaped shell like shoulders this man before her had. She couldn't see the face behind the mask yet the voice was, soft. It was likely that this man was the one she was seeking, it would be best to hear him out. Legs at shoulder distance her hands folded behind her back she slid into a position of at ease, could he assist her in the endeavours? Well it depended which endeavours he mentioned, if it was Olivia Sutton then of course. yet she waited to fully hear him out. Vertrauensvorschuss "Yes actually, Pleasure to meet you Casus Belli, I'm Verosia." A moments pause as she considered their choices, after all if she gave too much away and this individual was not the one she was looking for it could cause, well confusion and a chaos that was less than satisfactory. His attire was certainly not of someone who was here on an early morning stroll, not to mention the appearance of this stranger right after she had mentioned the targets name.  "I'm here waiting for someone, you see I was put on a job with someone but we've never met before- I'm a cleaner!" Eyes slight and questioning as she spoke Verosia raised her brow slightly, she hadn't lied. Every word was true, she was a cleaner, yet not some garden cleaner or house cleaner no she cleaned

    He seemed polite, well mannered as well which was a slight shock in comparison with his appearance, the clothing was rather, well not rugged it was well kept yet in no way was it formal. Almost eccentric something seen on the stage as a costume in a play. He wasn't weak by no means however, yet the attire did concern her, the people here had magic, not just the ability to use magical weapons but the innate magic withing, was his clowns or something, acrobatics magic with that circus like hood. Really now the civility of this country had degraded so much. This Casus did have manners, which meant even if not in presentation he was likely a formal person and like her would appreciate a more- concrete, confirmation that they were indeed working the same job together.

    "See this old man approached me! He was suuuuper old though, I've never seen anyone with so many wrinkles! But then he told me that when he was younger he met this mage called Olivia from Lamia Scale. Well that place is dead now but he's old and he still thinks of her with lost of emotions and feelsy stuff right. He wanted to take care of her and all, which is really sweet but he's just too old to do it himself so he asked a couple of us to take care of this Olivia Sutton lady, shes pretty old by now as well!" Light, her voice childish as if she was at a festival the words were so easy to form. Yet it was with wide eyes that she looked up at the man, would he take it as an old man still in love with a woman? Or a deep seated revenge ridden grandfather, bent on destroying an enemy from long ago that had caused so much pain so then he could happily settle into the eternal slumber. Thats what death was after all? The matrons had said that when people died they just went to sleep forever, it did sound a little nice, forever resting in a nice warm bed.

    789 | 1377 | 3750


    _____________________________________________________________________________________

    avatar
    Johann

    Moderator - Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishval- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Neutral Guild Ace- S-Rank- Halloween Social - Halloween job event participant - Fan Art Contest Participant- Haiku Contest Participant- Rich- Veteran Level 1- Character Application Approved!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Tertiary Magic- The Fallen- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Hero- Summer Special Tier 4- Summer Special Tier 3- Summer Special Tier 2- Summer Special Tier 1- Summer Special Donor- Summer Special Participant- Be On Lester's Friends List - Player -
    Lineage : Master of Runes
    Position : God of Strength
    Posts : 1062
    Guild : Ace of Onyx Moon
    Cosmic Coins : -
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Age : 27
    Mentor : Ruvel
    Experience : 553,287.5

    Character Sheet
    First Magic: Advanced Elemental Runes
    Second Magic: Forces of War
    Third Magic: Berserker Satan Slayer [2nd Gen]

    Re: † Helfershelfer † Johann

    Post by Johann on 22nd September 2018, 2:12 am

    "What an odd girl, tssehe ...", Mars finally made himself know, the distorted voice of the demonic warlord echoing through the back of Casus' head, bellowing from the depths of subconsciousness into his thoughts. He did not respond or even make a sign of acknowledging his comment, but ... he couldn't help but agree to an extend. But who was he to tell who was odd and who was normal ? He was walking around in what was essentially a costume, designed for the purposes of building up reputation and recognition, though of course, he still didn't act as Casus Belli as often as he did as Johann von Weiss, the upstanding and pernickety Vice President of the West Fiore Trading Company, not often enough to build up a reputation. For the time being, all he was left with was the voice of a demon in his head and, from the looks of the girl, a silly costume on his body. Well, he wouldn't mind playing the fool if it got them anywhere. "Verosia", Casus repeated to himself after she had introduced herself as well, mentioning that she was here for a job and that she was a "cleaner". Of course, a cleaner. What a befitting and creative synonym for their particular branch of work, or at least that was what he thought she meant. "An unusual, yet charming name. Once more, Cleaner Verosia, pleased to meet you", giving the girl before him another short bow, streaks of his long, ebony hair falling over the sides of the mask, a curious smirk on his lips.

    Intrigued, he listened to the girl's voice as she went on. There was no doubt about it. Both had been hired by the same client for the same job. The Rune Mage of Onyx Moon couldn't help but be fascinated how carefully the girl was laying out her words, using her childlike appearance and voice to her advantage to spike her speech with ambiguity. She was experienced, careful, and determined to give away as little as possible in case this was coincidence, in case she was talking to the wrong person. Although the likeliness of that would be rather small, Casus though, she still wasn't deterred, remaining guarded. The Keeper of the mercenary guild was, however, surprised. The girl was good at what she was doing, and the way she presented herself made him assume that she had been doing it for a long time. Though unable to imagine what circumstances might have lead to the upbringing of such a person, even more so at this particular age, he had to acknowledge the fact that she was probably better at her perceived job than he was. Well, at least the costumed vigilante could find comfort in the fact that he wasn't doing it full time.

    In any case, Casus saw this as confirmation that they were, in fact, hunting the same prey, confessedly looking forward to working with someone talented. If she would be talented in the art of the hunt as well ... ? He'd see. Though, talking like this in the open was adequate as long as they spoke in codes and implications, but it would complicate conversation a little too much for his taste. He prefered to be a little more direct in his speech. "I see, young Miss Verosia. As it just so happens I am looking for a mage as well. Maybe we could look together ?", he smiled, extending out his gloved right hand with the offer for the girl to take it, the small, dark rune on his wrist glowing in a deeply amaranthine purple. If she would indeed take his hand, even for one second, a similar rune would appear on her wrist, successfully establishing the telepathic link between the two. And, if the link would indeed be established successfully, he would, without delay, begin explaining.

    "I am speaking to you telepathically in order to avoid drawing attention to us, Verosia. It seems that we have both been hired by the same client for the same mission, haven't we ? In any case, I am here to eliminate Olivia Sutton and give the old man his revenge, and, with your appearance and ... particular skillset I reckon you are, too. In that case I will offer my assistance to you in any way I can". To avoid it looking like the two were just standing there and staring at each other,  he would also point to the nearby bench and say "Why don't we talk over here ?" before sitting down beginning to speak through the link once more. "So, to start out with, any clues about Sutton you need me to know ? Routine, address, skills, anything of importance ?"


    -----------------------------------------------------------
    Word Count: 794
    Word Count Total: 1.855 / 3.750


    _____________________________________________________________________________________

    avatar
    Verosia

    Quality Badge Level 3 - Player
    Lineage : † Chaos Eye †
    Position : None
    Posts : 36
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 1,200

    Re: † Helfershelfer † Johann

    Post by Verosia on 24th September 2018, 7:57 pm


    Verosia, this Casus stated that it was an unusual name while winding a little compliment in it. That was rather kind of him yet unnecessary, if this was the person she was ordered to meet then there was no doubt that she would find a way to make the journey smooth. He had smirked lightly earlier, quirks of the mouth seen below the odd mask which covered the upper part of his face. He was an odd one, yet wasn't she the same? The way that this population worked was odd, mages coexisting with those who lacked power, indeed it would take getting used to, the rune knights wandering the streets with their amusing garb, this was just another oddity that would need placing under scrutiny later.

    There is was again, a smile this time not quite a smirk. Was it normal to smile so often, according to one of he many books in Fiore it was associated with being happy, comfortable and a generally pleasant person. It did appear that way, Casus was polite in his speaker manner and addressed her as Miss Verosia. Although the young was a little annoying there was nothing technically wrong with it. "Perhaps" A gentleman perhaps, he offered a hand for her to take. The greeting an odd one but she accepted, odd indeed yet the path had been a good one for the duo to take otherwise they would be left stranded going around in circles until one admitted why they were here.

    Telepathy, so there were those with the power here. A creature of habit she was, not listening with ones ears to a person speak seemed odd, new and unfamiliar the feeling caught her a little off guard. Olivia Sutton, yes indeed it appeared to be the same mission. Another change back to more familiar speech patterns followed as the fella indicated to a nearby bench, "Yes, lets" Seated carefully the feeling of a telepathic link had been a little disconcerting yet now knowing what to expect the young lady felt quite at home answering back through it.

    Well what did she know, Olivia Sutton. 'Olivia Sutton is an elderly lady in her sixties, ex-mage of Lamia Scale she now lives a calm life. It is luck for us as she lives alone, our job being to only kill her without anybody noticing us. Contractor has asked for it to be personal although failed to specify how they want it to be personal.' Mind following the recent days she had spent following her and listening into conversations had lead onto a few discoveries. Although not as many as she would prefer. 'She wakes up early, just after dawn to spend approximately two to three hours cooking, extraordinarily she is a person with a positively kind heart. In between her cooking and lunch her schedule changes day to day, this would probably be the worst time as this is when she makes unexpected movements. At lunchtime she starts going around the homes of those in need and those who are homeless, starting east from her house and moving around the city.- I have a map should we need it.'

    Would it be better to strike in the morning when she pours her heart and soul into cooking for those in need? Or in the evening. 'I have Chemicals on standby and will be able to cleanse any residue that we leave when ending her life. The body will not be hard to dispose of either. After her lunchtime rounds she is found to be in a local school, teaching the students anything from self defence to mathematics. This school runs from lunchtime until the evening, about seventeen hundred hours where she briefly returns home to collect the last of the meals she prepared that morning and distributes them. She has dinner with one of the families she delivers the meal to- this changes every time. but always returns home before 22:00.' Her says were mostly the same with the exception of her activities after breakfast and before lunch. 'Once she arrives home Olivia mainly just sleeps. We cannot kill her with others around so it would be best to do it either in the morning or the late evening. I do not know much about her fighting style or battle skills however.'

    Eyes flickered up slightly to greet the shadowed mask in question, had he any information? Or any thoughts as she found one detail rather annoying, the request to make it personal. What were they supposed to go, kill her with her favourite frying pan? Bash her over the head with a schools text book or strangle her with some homeless mans shoe laces.

    785 | 2162 | 3750 


    _____________________________________________________________________________________

    avatar
    Johann

    Moderator - Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishval- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Neutral Guild Ace- S-Rank- Halloween Social - Halloween job event participant - Fan Art Contest Participant- Haiku Contest Participant- Rich- Veteran Level 1- Character Application Approved!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Tertiary Magic- The Fallen- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Hero- Summer Special Tier 4- Summer Special Tier 3- Summer Special Tier 2- Summer Special Tier 1- Summer Special Donor- Summer Special Participant- Be On Lester's Friends List - Player -
    Lineage : Master of Runes
    Position : God of Strength
    Posts : 1062
    Guild : Ace of Onyx Moon
    Cosmic Coins : -
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Age : 27
    Mentor : Ruvel
    Experience : 553,287.5

    Character Sheet
    First Magic: Advanced Elemental Runes
    Second Magic: Forces of War
    Third Magic: Berserker Satan Slayer [2nd Gen]

    Re: † Helfershelfer † Johann

    Post by Johann on 26th September 2018, 9:12 am

    Casus was glad the girl took his hand. This would make things a lot easier. Not only that, speaking through the link and judging by the girl's reaction, she was indeed the other part of this contract, the other mage he had been looking for. It would save him the unnecessary search for the needle in the haystack as well as ensure he had gotten the right partner for the job. Sitting down on the bench, he listened intently, her voice ringing back through the established link between the two. Granted, the two might have been an odd sight for the usual passerby, but mages were still a common sight, especially in Hargeon. It would be fine for now. As he listened ... the rune mage of Onyx Moon couldn't help but be surprised that his assumptions had been, in fact, truth. "I am impressed by the amount of information you have gathered, Verosia.", he spoke back telepathically, seemingly out of courtesy, though still thoroughly surprised, positively, by the effort and time spent on this contract, with it coming the realization that he was dealing with a professional, someone who was much more professional than himself, even, especially in regards to the darker sides of the work as a mage. "For that you have my thanks. I expect we will need that map to follow her movements. I suppose she should be busy with her cooking for now ? In any case, I think we should keep an eye out for anomalies. Perhaps we could follow her on the roofs, or even split up. With the link communication will be easy regardless", making a few suggestions as he spoke.

    For the time being he did not know too much about the skillset of the girl that called herself a cleaner when it came to one of his favourite pastime, hunting, or even what she had to offer in regards to the ensuing battle, if there would be one. He himself of course preferred a good fight, but acknowledged the possible necessity of a quick, quiet and clean kill, lest the prey would escape. In any case, he listened further, supposing that the talk about chemicals was the reason she would nickname herself a cleaner. Evidently proud of her work, she was, though for Casus it didn't matter anyway. He would've left a bloodstained room covered in pieces of this Olivia Stutton behind for the next best fool to find and enjoy, the contract only stated to kill her, not clean up, but he wouldn't say anything. As far as he was concerned, Verosia had taken the contract first, so the method would be hers to decide, though admittedly he had trouble suppressing his curiosity. What had she done to get so good at this job ? How long had she been doing it ? Acknowledging it wasn't his place to ask the girl that was pretty much a stranger he remained still, listening until the girl had finished. "I understand. In this case, I will leave the body for you.", not a moment of doubt in his head that the two could wipe the person that was Olivia Sutton from the face of this planet.

    She would pay for the pain she had caused and her complicity in the corruption of the Magic Council. "I agree. It would be best to catch her at one of these occasions, though I assume it would be easier to lay a trap or ambush her in the evening ... If that is what you have in mind." Casus was unsure if the girl had already made plans regarding method, but would follow up suit "If you have any preference regarding the execution, I will respect your wishes". In truth, Casus had already made it clear by his choice of words, "execution" namely, that he was certain he could deal with Sutton, certain that his own strength would be way out of her league. "I don't know much about her fighting style or prowess, but it is to assume that she, as a former legal mage, has a plethora of experience to work with, as well as fully developed magical abilities. As for the last thing ...", Casus stopped to reach into one of his pockets, pulling out what seemed like a small, distinct silver amulet with a large, blue stone embedded into its center, holding it in his open palm "I think the client meant this. It belonged to his daughter, and I suppose he hopes that she will recognize this to know who is sending their regards", speaking through the link once more before quickly dropping it back into the pocket of his dark robe. If the girl would have no additional information or questions, that would be it. He would be ready to follow Verosia's instructions as needed to fulfill the contract.


    -----------------------------------------------------------
    Word Count: 811
    Word Count Total: 2.666 / 3.750


    _____________________________________________________________________________________

    avatar
    Verosia

    Quality Badge Level 3 - Player
    Lineage : † Chaos Eye †
    Position : None
    Posts : 36
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 1,200

    Re: † Helfershelfer † Johann

    Post by Verosia on 8th October 2018, 11:48 pm


    The compliment, it was appreciated. A slight warm feeling of satisfaction was set off within her, after all who didn't like it when those around them, yet this was not the appropriate moment to be getting all emotional. Her head had tilted slightly to 'listen' the input of speech straight into her mind was still an oddity to the girl, uncomprehendable almost this was not a method of communication she had come across before. He had listened carefully, that was a blessing atleast, "Yes she would be cooking about now, perhaps stay together for now unless we see someone who looks as if they may impede upon our work. May I question as to the range on this- link?" Helpful indeed, could it span cities, countries even? It would be helpful if the link could be turned on and off perhaps, then if the range was great then it would enable teams of warriors to track multiple enemies and be in direct contact without any time difference. The body was hers, the fight was his. This job would not be too hard for the duo, she hadn't heard of him before yet being new to the lands that was not unexpected. She could feel the strength that he had however, nothing to be humble about either it was what many kings looked for when choosing commanders. He seemed welcoming as well, flexible and happy to adept if she put forth a plan.

    He spoke a lot, not that it was bad exactly more so an interesting note that would be fled away for the future. She let him finished, simply taking in the information happy to listen, he did not know much about the fighting style either. Hopefully it would not be problematic as she doubted that there would be a chance for them to learn about it, yet Casus seemed to have no qualms about the lack of solid information, perhaps he was simply a calm person. Either that or the man had no doubts about his own ability, foolish if one was weak yet if one was truly strong there was nothing wrong with confidence. It would have been odd to any watching, a man in some sort of geometric costume, withdrawing an amulet from his pocket, whilst a girl sat next to him, clad in military attire neither of them conversed from what the public eyes would have been able to see. An oddity indeed. He fixed one problem that had arisen however, the amulet was some special to her, it would work for completing the objective of killing her with something that was precious to this elderly mage. "We should get over to her house. The rest can be discussed whilst we move." They were currently wasting time, and whilst she was not paid by the hour now it still felt wrong to waste time.

    With that she simply stood, a stray leaf brushed off before with a click of her heels the young girl teleported up to the nearest row of roofs. The buildings here ere often close to each other, most at the same height as well, a simple two story area of residence with houses which were similar. "Do not worry about my speed." short and brief the comment was precautionary, many in the past having thought that due to her being small in stature there was a lack of speed as well. Alas that was no so, for in many places she had visited a small child was ripe for being thrown in a cage and sold off, it was a smart idea to keep ones boots in good condition and have a couple of fähigkeiten, die in der Mobilität helfen. Yet the method of dealing with her life, how to end it with an amulet. "I have not planned ahead as to how we will proceed with ending her life. I am not much of a fighter unless I have to be so perhaps your.. Fähigkeiten are more suited to this moment?" Her face scrunched up slightly when she stumbled over the word, skill, abilities, strengths. Vergiss es! there were more important things to think about while running across a rooftop towards their destination



    704 | 2866


    _____________________________________________________________________________________

    avatar
    Johann

    Moderator - Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishval- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Neutral Guild Ace- S-Rank- Halloween Social - Halloween job event participant - Fan Art Contest Participant- Haiku Contest Participant- Rich- Veteran Level 1- Character Application Approved!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Tertiary Magic- The Fallen- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Hero- Summer Special Tier 4- Summer Special Tier 3- Summer Special Tier 2- Summer Special Tier 1- Summer Special Donor- Summer Special Participant- Be On Lester's Friends List - Player -
    Lineage : Master of Runes
    Position : God of Strength
    Posts : 1062
    Guild : Ace of Onyx Moon
    Cosmic Coins : -
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Age : 27
    Mentor : Ruvel
    Experience : 553,287.5

    Character Sheet
    First Magic: Advanced Elemental Runes
    Second Magic: Forces of War
    Third Magic: Berserker Satan Slayer [2nd Gen]

    Re: † Helfershelfer † Johann

    Post by Johann on 9th October 2018, 11:47 am

    To strangers it might have appeared like a whispered conversation, the absence of sound and the presence of gestures making for a strange sight perhaps, but who was Casus to care. They wouldn't stay around either way. In any case, the girl asked him a question. "Agreed. As for the link itself ... if you take a quick look at your wrist you will find a small, black rune. As long as you have this rune, in theory, we could communicate with each other telepathically, no matter our location. It servers as an anchor for magic. Don't worry though, you need only focus on it and it will disappear without a trace if that is what you desire. No strings attached", the rune mage concluded his short explanation of the link. Mars was grinning broadly inside the Keeper's head, barely able to hold back his excitement. "Do I get to do the fighting part ? Can I ? Tssehehe ...", the deep, distorted voice clamoured in a playful, almost childish manner, a stark contrast to the eerie tone, luckily separated from the link. Casus didn't want any more people finding out about the Second Seal than necessary. Simply nodding his head in response to both the Lord of War and the Cleaner, the rune mage stood up as well, the stoic expression on his face shifting to a weak smile, witnessing the sudden shift, the instant movement of the girl. So she had some tricks up her sleeve, huh ? Though ... "Naturally. Same goes for myself, of course", space bending around his form with a crackle of magical force, causing him to vanish, seemingly blink out of existence and appear close to Verosia on the rooftops.

    Verosia naturally didn't know about his abilities, or rather, the abilities of Mars, borrowed by this part of the two. It's not like the Keeper had a choice other than rely on the other's magic. He had gotten rid of Johann's own magical energy, after all. Still, the two had become one and the same anyway, so it wouldn't matter to much, would it ? He still retained amazing, almost perfect control over his magic and spells. Enough to deal with anything that would come their way. And so Verosia seemed to think as well, but ... what was that ? Fähigkeiten ? His thoughts paused for a second, the pace of his stride slowing in surprise, shock almost. The girl spoke his native tongue ? He hadn't heard it spoken in ... well, 30 years at the very least. "I think that ... I think that my Fähigkeiten will be adequate, In der tat.", choosing to speak not through the link, but his voice now that they were away from the trouble of the streets of Hargeon. "Say, if I may ask, where did you learn this language ? I haven't heard someone speak it in a while, it's not too common in Fiore.", of course, this could potentially give away his own place of origin, but it didn't matter in this moment. His curiosity drove him to push on further, all while making his way across the rooftops, closer to the their target, his prey.


    -----------------------------------------------------------
    Word Count: 535
    Word Count Total: 3.201 / 3.750


    _____________________________________________________________________________________

    avatar
    Verosia

    Quality Badge Level 3 - Player
    Lineage : † Chaos Eye †
    Position : None
    Posts : 36
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 1,200

    Re: † Helfershelfer † Johann

    Post by Verosia on 9th October 2018, 2:27 pm



    Focus on the rune and it vanished, yet while it remained the rune would allow them to communicate form any distance. A wonderful little piece of technology, well it was magic but all the same. Intriguing indeed, yet it was unlikely that someone had made something similar that worked without the use of the magical power. A slight smile, some form of emotion of Casus's face which he had not displayed before whilst in front of her, yet what had caused it had caught her attention. It had been a simple movement up to the rooftop, was it so surprising for people to have basic teleportation abilities in this land? Yet he said 'naturally' as if it were an obvious common thing. This experience was going to be one that left her with more questions than before as well as a bag of Euro, or whatever they paid people in here. Something silly wasn't it, jewels. Yes that was it, an odd thing indeed, there were still things that caught her off guard here. A small flowering bush caught her eye, someone had planted it in the top of an old chimney, the rich blooms flooding out the the chimney and onto the rooftop where it grew unhindered, ingenious really get plants should be in their proper places. In planters or small organised gardens.

    He spoke it. She had noticed his slight change in pace yet assumed it was due to something else, so it was both the use of another language and the physical speaking that had brought a slightly shock across her. She was hearing him with ears now, a voice that was physical instead of magically implanted in her mind. A welcome change none the less however she did hope he would just choose a method of communication and stick with it, consistency was important after ahh, she had learned that many times over in the past. She mulled it over, the question being tossed around in her mind as she decided how to answer, it was not too common in Fiore indeed, he was the second she had come across who had knowledge of the language. She mused  softly the words mainly meant for herself yet they were spoken aloud, a soft hint of warmth held in her voice as if she were recalling a positive memory "Nein, du hast Recht, es ist nicht" She had to give him a proper explanation, yet did he speak it fluently or was he just vaguely knowledge in it?

    Golden eyes flickered over as the conversation continued. "Ich bin neu in Fiore, ich habe diese Sprache fast mein ganzes Leben lang gesprochen." Had he spoke it often, perhaps this Casus was another historian that there were so many of here, just another dabbler in many tongues. She remembered the map of the city from how often she had looked it over the past few days, offering it to the other mage she motioned ahead to what had come into sight, perhaps another minute and a half away at their current pace it was the house. She would still be cooking if all was to plan. "Soon we arrive" He had used a rule on her wrist, she sent it a quick glance yet the symbol was not familiar to her, that being said there had been no sparkles glows or other indications of his magic when the man had teleported. He seemed fairy confidant so must have some amount of offensive firepower, did he use rune magic then? He had mentioned traps earlier too.

    There was a question on her mind about how he planned to take care of Mrs. Sutton yet it would be both rude and unnecessary to ask when there was no doubt she would find out soon, it would be better to discuss tactics when they had a little more knowledge. It was odd, a feeling of being incomplete, uncentred, off balanced. There was still that prickling thought at the edge of her mind which she couldn't figure out how to banish. Why did they call the currency jewel when quite often it was digitally transferred or with paper notes.  


    696 | 3562


    _____________________________________________________________________________________

    avatar
    Johann

    Moderator - Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishval- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Neutral Guild Ace- S-Rank- Halloween Social - Halloween job event participant - Fan Art Contest Participant- Haiku Contest Participant- Rich- Veteran Level 1- Character Application Approved!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Tertiary Magic- The Fallen- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Hero- Summer Special Tier 4- Summer Special Tier 3- Summer Special Tier 2- Summer Special Tier 1- Summer Special Donor- Summer Special Participant- Be On Lester's Friends List - Player -
    Lineage : Master of Runes
    Position : God of Strength
    Posts : 1062
    Guild : Ace of Onyx Moon
    Cosmic Coins : -
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Age : 27
    Mentor : Ruvel
    Experience : 553,287.5

    Character Sheet
    First Magic: Advanced Elemental Runes
    Second Magic: Forces of War
    Third Magic: Berserker Satan Slayer [2nd Gen]

    Re: † Helfershelfer † Johann

    Post by Johann on 13th October 2018, 3:42 am

    "Ich verstehe", Casus gave the enigmatic girl in the military uniform a nod. "Für mich gilt dasselbe", the Keeper of Onyx Moon spoke in response to the girl saying she had spoken it for almost her entire life. Of course Johann, now in the mantle of Casus, had regularly spoken his mother tongue, along with most other languages of Earthland, up until shortly after his 17th birthday. Though he did notice that the girl seemed to, likely intentionally, ignore a part of his question, he wouldn't pursue further. Everyone had a past, and everyone had parts of it they did not speak of. That was true for the girl, and for Casus Belli of Onyx Moon especially, who did not want to reveal much more than he really should. Still, he would remain curious as to where she was actually from. He hadn't been aware that it was spoken outside of his place of origin. Maybe ... No, there was time and place for everything, and this was not it. They had their mission to accomplish still. Taking the map, he opened it, glancing over the detailed depictions of roads, streets, squares, parks and even houses. "So this is it, huh ?", Casus handed her back her map as he spoke through the link again, taking a look at the house on the side of the road. With his eyes, it wouldn't be difficult to discern whether she was still in there, he simply had to activate the runes in his eyes, the white in them turning to charcoal black under his mask, the only thing shining through being the two glowing red pupils. "She's still busy with her cooking."

    He, of course, had used one of the particular types of vision the runic eyes allowed him to use, piercing the walls of the building with his gaze to see inside. It seemed like the old lady was following her schedule as planned. Good, no anomalies. From this point now, they basically had two options. "Alright. The fact she is still here leaves us with two options. I can teleport both of us inside right now. Nobody has seen us, nobody would notice, and we could end it then and there. That would of course make things easier, we wouldn't have to follow her around, we wouldn't have to keep ourselves concealed, but it would also leave you less time to dispose of the corpse since she, being a person of somewhat strict habit, would certainly be missed rather quickly." Certainly, the girl understood. "The other option is to wait, follow, observe until night when she returns. So, what will we do, Cleaning Lady ?", Casus spoke as his eyes changed back to their normal colour under the cover of his mask once again. "I'll leave the choice up to you"


    -----------------------------------------------------------
    Word Count: 471
    Word Count Total: 3.672 / 3.750


    _____________________________________________________________________________________

    avatar
    Verosia

    Quality Badge Level 3 - Player
    Lineage : † Chaos Eye †
    Position : None
    Posts : 36
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 1,200

    Re: † Helfershelfer † Johann

    Post by Verosia on 15th October 2018, 12:04 am


    So he was the same, now that was interesting, yet perhaps the conversation would be best left to another time. Yet her blue hues rested on the masked man as he inspected the map with care, was it easy to view the world through a mask? Surely such restrictions around one of the primary senses was foolish, for no fighter would block his ears. This was another matter not to pursue. There had been many of those one she entered this place, how unprofessional would it be to ask a question such as that. Yet it was burning within, the curiosity as her brows drew together and mind recessed into that of a child, losing sense of maturity and focusing on the single idea which was swirling around. "You have currency is is called jewel yet when I'm not using my iLac to make transactions I'm given paper squares- notes. Paper currency when the name indicates it would be a gemstone, a jewel." Worded more as a statement the short one released a slight huff, realising that it hadn't been posed as a question. "Herr Belli do you know the reason for this oddity of a name being chosen for the currency here?" It was a rather rude break away from the mission, yet the concern had been weighing her down and she preferred that the matter be cleared up as soon as possible to prevent anything going askew during the main section of the mission.

    His sight was indeed good, not only being able to read the map but being able to see through the walls of the building, she hadn't felt any magic being used yet the cleaner was not particularly adept in that area of her senses. Two options, well it was always good to evaluate all of the missions possible paths before breaching further ahead. Wait until the night time, many hours indeed and there would be little to do other than watch and follow, or he could teleport the two of them in, it would leave her with less time to deal with the remains yet that would not be hard. She had already arranged for there to be a large empty oil drum left in the back ally of the house, with that area being deserted she could quite easily dispose of the body in there with a could of corrosive catalysts before arranging for the drum to be picked up and taken back to storage. It was always such fun to add to the collection of bodies all canned up. "We shall enter now, it will not take long to deal with her carcass and I would prefer to get this settled quickly." A slight risk yet one she was willing to take, a slight remembrance from the earlier magic she tentatively offered a hand, he could teleport the duo in together somewhere out the way in the house. Once they were inside her eyes swirled with a slight gold as she started to summon a par of thick rubber gloves in a military green colour, "versuche und sei sauber, während du es tust, Ich will nicht mehr arbeiten als nötig" Briefly she spoke through the link whilst cladding her hands in protection, blood removal would be hard yet she was hopeful that the execution would not involve opening the stomach or a similarly odd tradition.

    564 | 4126


    _____________________________________________________________________________________

    avatar
    Johann

    Moderator - Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishval- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Neutral Guild Ace- S-Rank- Halloween Social - Halloween job event participant - Fan Art Contest Participant- Haiku Contest Participant- Rich- Veteran Level 1- Character Application Approved!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Tertiary Magic- The Fallen- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Hero- Summer Special Tier 4- Summer Special Tier 3- Summer Special Tier 2- Summer Special Tier 1- Summer Special Donor- Summer Special Participant- Be On Lester's Friends List - Player -
    Lineage : Master of Runes
    Position : God of Strength
    Posts : 1062
    Guild : Ace of Onyx Moon
    Cosmic Coins : -
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Age : 27
    Mentor : Ruvel
    Experience : 553,287.5

    Character Sheet
    First Magic: Advanced Elemental Runes
    Second Magic: Forces of War
    Third Magic: Berserker Satan Slayer [2nd Gen]

    Re: † Helfershelfer † Johann

    Post by Johann on 16th October 2018, 4:46 am

    Listening to the girl, Casus couldn't help but frown, slightly confused at the sudden change of topic which seemed to be quite unrelated, though it did leave him wondering. "Perhaps it's tradition ? Much like the dollar or the pound, people used to pay in actual jewels until a more universally applicable and convenient method was introduced ? I can only speculate ...". He did not know, but ... now he couldn't help but wonder either. In any case, he would go back to the task at hand. It was simple, the girl already knew the drill, extending her hand. "Understood", he replied before both vanished in a swirl of tiny raindrops, reappearing within the woman's house, silently of course. Once inside, he looked around. Her living space seemed relatively simplistic, humble almost, not much decorated or pompous, just the essentials. Giving back to Verosia, he sent his reply through the link "Sehr wohl, Putzfräulein", before walking around a corner and into the kitchen,  Olivia Sutton turning around immediately when she heard the sound of footsteps

    "Hello, Ms. Sutton", Casus gave the old woman a friendly greeting, probably in her early 60's, grey hair, short, but still very much in shape, her eyes widening in surprise, confusion and shock. "W-what ? What are you doing in my house ? How did you get in ?!". Casus decided to neatly ignore her questioning, instead reaching into his pocket, firmly grasping its content and throwing it her way, the old mage instinctively catching it with both hands, dropping her wooden soup spoon in the process. "We have been sent by an acquaintance of yours in the hopes to right a wrong from some time ago. Do you recognize it ?", the old Lamia Scale mage looking down at the necklace in her hands, tearing up at its sight "T-that stone ... impossible"

    "Very much possible, Ms. Sutton", Casus spoke as he took a step into the room that he identified as a kitchen, a boiling stew or something along the same lines cooking, bubbling in the background, filling the room with the smell of fresh vegetables. "L-look, it was an accident, I swear" the old woman shifted her gaze from Casus to Verosia, then back to Casus "Please. I didn't have full control over my magic. She just got in the way, it- it wasn't my fault. We can talk about this, right ? Is it the money ? I- I have gold, I can make you gold, as much gold as you like." She seemed like she had fallen into a panic, her eyes darting around like those of a cornered animal. Despite that, Casus took another step towards her, softly uttering the words "I'm afraid this isn't about the money, Olivia."

    The old woman lowered her head, smiling to herself, "I see. If that's the case ...", raising her head up, an aura of magical energy flaring up around her as she raised her hand "... then all I have to do is kill you first !". Within a second, a swirl of liquid, golden metal started appearing, moving around her arm before finally coalescing into a tangible form in her hand, a spear of pure gold that was immediately launched at the closest one to her, Casus. The moment she moved, grey runes lit up all over the man's arm, steel scales encasing the limb as he swung it towards the projectile, reflecting it before it fell to the ground with a loud, metallic ring. Without wasting another second, Casus disappeared, accelerated to incomprehensible speeds, his eyes glowing with pure red under his mask, so much so that they seemed to shine through, before reappearing behind Sutton, his hands glowing with circulating, charcoal darkness, grasping both sides of her head and spinning it around 180 degrees forcefully, the audible crack of her neck the last sound she would ever hear. Instantly, the old lady collapsed forward, dead, the only thing remaining her lifeless corpse, the golden spear and the boiling pot of stew on the stove. Casus straightened his back. "I suppose that's that then. A lot of trouble about nothing, really. I'll notify our client and leave the body and the rest to you, little cleaning lady. Until we meet again, Verosia.", Casus giving the blonde girl a short bow before being engulfed by darkness, vanishing into nothing.


    -----------------------------------------------------------
    Word Count: 730
    Word Count Total: 4.402 / 3.750 (WC met)


    _____________________________________________________________________________________


      Current date/time is 14th December 2018, 11:20 pm