Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Blue Fire, Black Roses, and Icy Moss

CodeNameVixen
    CodeNameVixen

Summer Special Participant- Player 
    Lineage : Eagle Vision
    Position : None
    Guild : Black Rose
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 362.5

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Blue FireFox
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Blue Fire, Black Roses, and Icy Moss Empty Blue Fire, Black Roses, and Icy Moss

Post by CodeNameVixen 4th September 2018, 12:01 am

A frigid wind was blowing through the Silent Glaciers where Black Rose wizard Sassi Luminosa and her guildmate, Victoria, were. Sassi had activated her Iceproof Heat, with her body up to her chin covered in a layer of blue fire, to keep herself warm in this freezing place, though her head, face, and hair could still feel the cold. She had wondered why she had allowed herself to accept Victoria's request to join her on this mission.

Sassi really was not a socializer. She had somewhat become accustomed to her other guildmate Verus's presence in her travels, but now, she had to get used to being with someone else. She wondered if that was how you make friends. That was still a foreign concept to her. If Sassi were honest with herself however, she would admit that she maybe kind of wanted that actually. She would never say this out loud, of course.

Sassi looked around a bit, to get a feel for where the cave entrance was. She saw it near a frozen delta facing the ocean at a northernish direction. Seeing it made chills go down her spine. Sassi was nervous as heck about this whole thing. She also felt a little self-conscious having someone other than Verus with her as well. It was too late to go back now though, so she said nothing about it.

Sassi walked forward towards the entrance, trying to remember what they came here to do. The poster she had looked at before they left the Silver Moon Inn stated that somewhere in the caverns, was a hot spring where an unusual and poisonous moss grew. Sassi and Victoria were supposed to grab a sample and bring it back for research of some kind. On the back of the poster was more information and instructions on how to safely handle the moss.

Sassi had decided to take the poster with her, as she wanted to be reminded of what they were supposed to do. As she entered the cave, she looked around inside. It was a stark icy white place, with jagged and sharp stalactites 'decorating' the ceiling. She saw stalagmites near the walls, and she could hear the wind making eerie sounds within the cavern. This place is creeping me out. she thought to herself.

As they walked deeper through the cave, stalactites kept dripping from below, the water drops hitting Sassi's warm woven hat. She looked back to look at her guildmate. She wondered what she was thinking right now. Was she like Verus? She seemed nice enough anyway.

Then Sassi heard a rumbling sound, and looked up in time to see a stalactite falling off the ceiling. She immediately stepped out of the way, and it crashed on the ground in front of her. Her heart beating hard like a drum, and as fast as a cheetah at full speed. She breathed heavily in fear. Oh goodness. I hope I don't have to experience much more of THAT. she thought to herself.

word count: 508

_____________________________________________________________________________________

My favorite Fairy Tail characters: Natsu, Lucy, Erza, Gajeel, and Laxus

When life hands you fish, make some sushi! :D
    Victoria Sheridan
    Victoria Sheridan

Alt Account- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Legal Guild Ace- Z-Rank- Y-Rank- X-Rank- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Wanderer- EXP Grinder- Forever Solo- Christian Minecraft Server- I Have Friends...- Limited Edition- Unknown Powerhouse- Unknown Legend- The Completionist- Achiever- Buddy Buddy- Sticking Around- Taskmaster- Halloween Social- Halloween job event participant - Richie Rich- Rich- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- X-Mas Event Participant- Summer Special Participant- Player 
    Lineage : Shadows Of Anarchy
    Faction : The Luminous Covenant
    Guild : Sabertooth
    Experience : 5,482,708

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Merces Letifer
    Second Skill: Combat Medic
    Third Skill:

Blue Fire, Black Roses, and Icy Moss Empty Re: Blue Fire, Black Roses, and Icy Moss

Post by Victoria Sheridan 4th September 2018, 6:05 pm

As the pair walked through the Silent Glaciers region, Victoria envied Sassi. The other girl had fire magic to keep her warm. Victoria only had the clothing on her back, and they were not much to write home about. She was wearing an all-white ensemble with an insulated jacket, white and insulated gloves with orange polarized goggles and she was still cold. Still, the job promised to pay well, so that was some consolation.

Their job was to go deep into a cave and collect a sample of a special moss that was said to be growing in the back of the cave. It was said to be growing beside a hot spring, so the hot spring was a sign that the sample was very close. This job had a complication that was spelled out in the notice. The moss was deadly to anyone without protection; it had been suspected that the moss was responsible for the untimely demises of people who had ventured into the cavern before them, but it had not been conclusively proven. Once they found it The pair would have to harvest the sample without using their bare hands.

Victoria wore gloves, so she should be able to handle that part of the job. The real challenge would be getting there intact. She followed Sassi to the entrance of the cave, but before she went in, she looked back at the delta that the cave was located near. The sight was spectacular... there was no trace of human habitation anywhere nearby. The water was so blue and so clear that the brunette could hardly believe it was real.

However, she was not getting paid to watch the water flow in the delta, so she turned around and followed Sassi into the cavern. The inside was bone-white and ice was everywhere. She followed behind her partner and noticed the stalactites hanging from the ceiling. They could pose a hazard if they fell, so the two would have to be careful as they explored. Victoria saw Sassi step back in time to avoid a falling stalactite... that was a close call.

"Are you OK, Sassi?" Victoria asked her partner. The other girl seemed to be fine but looked shaken from the narrow escape. Maybe Victoria should take the lead for awhile.

"I'll take the lead for awhile. I'll go ahead and see if there are any other stalactites that wanna fall on us." Victoria stated before walking ahead. She was going to deliberately trigger any other stalactites so that Sassi could follow in safety. Victoria spotted a river flowing through the middle of the cave. She would run to it and trigger the stalactites all at once. It was a risky plan, but it beat having to look up as they walked.

"Stay here. I'll run for the river! That should make them drop!" Victoria declared before breaking into a run. She sprinted for the river, weaving and dodging as needed to avoid an icicle through the head. She kept going until about eight stalactites had dropped down; she then paused at the water's edge and waved to her partner.

"Hey Sassi! I think it's clear!" She finished calling out just as she heard rumbling above her. She glanced up and saw one falling right at her! Victoria screamed and jumped out of the way just in time, eating cold ground instead of an icicle through the head. The brunette took a few deep breaths, then slowly stood up and brushed herself off. This might not have been such a good idea after all.

"On second thought, be careful! I don't think all of them have dropped yet!" Victoria warned Sassi.

[Word Count: 614]
    CodeNameVixen
    CodeNameVixen

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Blue Fire, Black Roses, and Icy Moss Empty Re: Blue Fire, Black Roses, and Icy Moss

Post by CodeNameVixen 4th September 2018, 8:05 pm

Sassi heard Victoria ask her if she was alright, but she didn't know whether to say she was okay, or if she should say that she wanted to forfeit this task and go back to the inn. She didn't get much of a chance to when she saw her guildmate say that she might take the lead look out for other falling stalactites. That was fine with Sassi, as she really didn't consider herself a real 'leader', and followed Victoria.

Sassi saw Victoria run up ahead towards a river in the middle of the cave, and saw several stalactites up above. She heard her say that she was going to make all the stalactites drop so they could walk further in the cave without worry. Sassi inwardly wasn't sure if that was a good idea, but she really couldn't do anything about it right now, as Victoria was already knocking them off the ceiling. Then she saw a stalactite right above Victoria fall down. It almost killed her, but Sassi saw that her guildmate had just barely dodged it. She then saw Victoria turn back to face her and say that maybe that wasn't such a good idea, and that not all of them had dropped yet.

Sassi was too polite to say something sarcastic and rude like 'ya think?'. Instead she simply nodded, and ran over to her traveling partner. Sassi gazed at the river. Despite how cold this cave was, the river's water was rushing, though it probably felt like melted ice if either one of them stuck their hand in.

Sassi wondered how they were going to cross it. She took her backpack off, which deactivated her Iceproof Heat. Her eyes had returned to their normal pale dark blue color, and her body started shivering from the cold. She could even see her breath, but she tried her best to ignore it. She rummaged through to see if she had anyithing. She found some dried jerky, two big thermals of hot tomato soup, an extra pair of thick snow gloves, and....no rope? Uh oh. she thought to herself. She had forgotten to bring the rope. Not that it would've helped here, but it still would've been wise to bring it, just in case. Sassi sighed to herself, disappointed that she didn't bring any rope, but nothing could be done about that now. She closed up her backpack, and put it back on. She looked back at the river, and then looked up at Victoria.

Now Sassi really didn't like asking for help. It made her feel like she was an idiot who knew absolutely nothing, and with her lack of self-confidence, it certainly didn't make her feel any better about herself. Still, she knew that if she didn't have anything they could use to cross the river, maybe her guildmate would. "Uh, soo..do you, uh, maybe have anything we could use to, uh, cross this river?" Sassi awkwardly asked. She started losing some feeling in her toes, which didn't feel too good.

word count: 513

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Victoria Sheridan
    Victoria Sheridan

Alt Account- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Legal Guild Ace- Z-Rank- Y-Rank- X-Rank- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Wanderer- EXP Grinder- Forever Solo- Christian Minecraft Server- I Have Friends...- Limited Edition- Unknown Powerhouse- Unknown Legend- The Completionist- Achiever- Buddy Buddy- Sticking Around- Taskmaster- Halloween Social- Halloween job event participant - Richie Rich- Rich- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- X-Mas Event Participant- Summer Special Participant- Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Victoria Sheridan 4th September 2018, 10:38 pm

Victoria had a feeling that Sassi thought that the former was really, really dumb. Her "plan" was half-baked, that much was for certain. But it had worked... up to a point. Victoria had almost gotten a point for her troubles. She needed to quit playing hero and work with the guild member, not against them.

"OK, my plan was kinda dumb. I didn't think that one through, so I'm gonna try and work with you." Victoria announced in embarrassment. She looked at the river and listened to Sassi ask if she had a way to cross the river without ending up in the water. The brunette did a facepalm. She had left the rope back in Rose Garden! Sassi did as well, so now both of them were facing the same predicament.

"I don't have a rope either, Sassi." Victoria sheepishly admitted. There had to be a way across, but how? She had an idea, but it was another half-baked one. It would be a good idea to ask Sassi's opinion before going off on another ill-advised solo run.

"Is there some way we can topple a column and walk across it? Or do you think we can find something manmade we can use nearby, like a rubber raft or at least a flotation device? Or maybe we can find rope in here that someone left behind?" Victoria quizzed Sassi. Maybe they should start looking around the room they were in for a way across. Maybe someone passing through had dropped something that could be useful.

Victoria looked around the room. There was no large column that they could bring down to use as a bridge. There were no rubber rafts or flotation devices nearby... not in plain sight, anyway. She also did not see any coils of rope conveniently lying around. This was a downer. The gap was just too large to jump across, even with a running start.

If they tried that approach, they would only end up with hypothermia for their troubles. Well, Victoria would. Sassi might be able to dry herself off quickly using her fire magic. Fire magic. That might be something to work with.

"Hey Sassi! If I kept you out of the water, could you use your magic to keep us both warm as I walked through the water with you on my back?" Victoria asked.

"It's a plan of last resort. I don't wanna get hypothermia because I'd only slow you down. We've both gotta reach the end of the cave in good shape, so unless we have no other choice I won't do it." Victoria hastened to tell her colleague. Even if only her bottom half got soaked, the cold would sap her energy and make her a burden on Sassi. Still, she would do it if it meant completing the job. But before she took a drastic measure like that, she would see if Sassi had any ideas. They were a team, after all.

Victoria paused to let Sassi speak. This time she was going to stay still and let Sassi speak. Victoria rubbed her hands together as she waited.

[Word Count: 520]
    CodeNameVixen
    CodeNameVixen

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by CodeNameVixen 5th September 2018, 5:25 pm

Sassi listened to Victoria as she admitted her plan wasn't a particularly wise one, and that she hadn't really thought it through. She silently agreed with her on that, but didn't make any remarks on it. She then learned that Victoria had also forgotten to bring some rope with her, so now they were both stuck. Sassi listened as Victoria then asked her if they could somehow topple a column to use as a bridge, and she looked around. Unfortunately, there was no column to topple, and no way to make a column to topple. So, that wouldn't work.

Sassi then heard Victoria ask her that if she could keep her out of the water, that she could use her Blue FireFox magic to keep them both warm and cross the river. Was her guildmate gonna give her a piggyback ride through the water? Sassi listened as Victoria explained to her that she knew it was a pretty questionable plan, as well as a last resort, and she didn't want to get hypothermia, but they needed to cross the river and get to the end of the cave in good condition if they wanted to complete this task.

Sassi knew her guildmate had made a good point, and they really didn't have much of a choice right now. "A-Alright. I'll try." she replied. She walked over to Victoria's back, and placed her hands on her. She closed her eyes, and concentrated. Blue fire engulfed her hands, and a blue magic circle appeared on Sassi's chest. The blue flames on her hands flared up and began spreading up her arms. They spread down her chest, to the lower half of her body, and up her to her chin.

Sassi concentrated a bit harder, and the blue flames then spread to Victoria's back. They spread down Victoria's arms, chest, and legs. Then they finally spread up to Victoria's chin. Sassi then opened up her eyes, which were now a glowing bright red, and the magic circle that had disappeared. "O-Okay. we uh, should be good to go." she said. I hope. she thought to herself. She felt a bit warmer now that her ability had been reactivated. Thin lines of steam rose up from the ground as the snow underneath her boots began melting.

Now, Sassi wasn't sure what to do next. Was she supposed to get up on Victoria's back, or something?

word count: 405

Victoria Sheridan
    Victoria Sheridan

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Victoria Sheridan 5th September 2018, 10:44 pm

Victoria was surprised that Sassi even considered her idea. It was not like they had too many options, but even then the former was surprised that Sassi went with it. She must have known how the old saying went.

"Desperate times call for desperate measures."

Victoria felt the warmth as she was now shielded from the cold. She did not know how it would interact with the water, but she reasoned that the protection would last long enough to ferry Sassi across. It was worth a try. With no other options, they would have to try it.

"Thanks for the magic, Sassi." Victoria made sure to thank her fellow guild member for the helping hand. Without Sassi's help this plan would have been even more half-baked than usual. Now it was only "kind of dumb" instead of "suicidally stupid."

"OK, let's cross the water." Victoria said, helping Sassi get on for a piggyback ride. Once Sassi was safe and as secure as she was going to get, Victoria began slowly walking into the water. Victoria got ankle deep in the water, but it only felt mildly cold. That was a relief. Now she could focus on crossing the water before the magic wore off... if it did.

She was a quarter of the way through and the water got knee-deep. It was still tolerable to the brunette, so she kept going. She slogged through to the halfway point, but Sassi was still dry. The protective magic was still holding up. It was then that her arms began to wobble a bit.

"Sorry about that, Sassi. We're over halfway there." Victoria informed her passenger before resuming the slog. Now the water was slightly under waist deep. It was only a bit further, so the brunette kept going until she was to the opposite edge. Once there she turned around so that she could put Sassi down on the edge before pulling herself up.

"OK Sassi, we're there!" Victoria declared as the latter climbed out of the water and onto the frozen ground. She sighed when she spotted a coil of rope near the entrance to the next part of the cave. That had to be a joke. Someone's idea of a really bad joke. Of course she would find such a thing now after the need for it had passed.

Victoria helped Sassi to her feet, then walked over to the rope and picked it up. It was not totally useless. They would need it for the return journey once the sample was collected. Victoria wound it diagonally around her shoulder to keep it where it would be hard to lose. At least they had a way back that was a lot easier than giving Sassi a piggyback ride.

"Hey, look! I found some rope! It sure would have been nice to have earlier, but better late than never." Victoria commented. She took a look around to see if she could find any other convenient items lying about. There was nothing useful in the immediate area. Still, she could not complain. They were across the water and aside from being wet, Victoria was in good shape.

"I'm ready to go whenever you are, Sassi." Victoria calmly told her guildmate.

[Word Count: 538]
    CodeNameVixen
    CodeNameVixen

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by CodeNameVixen 6th September 2018, 12:26 am

"Right." Sassi replied. She turned around, and started walking forward through the cave again. She felt relief in having her ability reactivated, as she did not like the cold very much.

In the next part of the cave, was another corridor, safe, but with quite a few stalagmites standing against the walls. It took about ten minutes to walk through it. Once they came through that, they came to a room in the cave, that had no floor, but a pit, that, when Sassi looked down it, seemed bottomless. She gulped in nervousness. She then noticed a narrow, icy, S-shaped path that was like a bridge, and the only way across. Sassi looked down at the feet, and saw a bit of small steam rising up from the melting snow and ice beneath her boots. She then looked back at the bridge, and knew what they had to do.

Sassi then looked at Victoria. "Um, I-I need to, uh, deactivate the fire. The, uh, bridge m-might be made of, uh, well, ice, and I, uh don't want us falling...you know, down there." she said, awkwardly pointing down at the pit. Sassi placed her right hand up on Victoria's left shoulder, and she closed her eyes. The blue fire dissipated from both of them, and she immediately felt the sharp cold of the cave.

Sassi didn't like deactivating that ability. She had enjoyed the warmth it gave them, but safety was far more important. Also, crossing that 'bridge' was plenty important as well, especially if they wanted to get through this place without too many problems. Sassi took her hand off of Victoria, and turned around to start walking across the bridge. She felt herself getting more and more anxious as she walked on it. She was afraid of falling off of it, and she didn't exactly have the best depth perception, what with having a little bit of a lazy eye, though she usually managed well enough anyway. She hoped she could manage enough to get across.

Eleven more minutes went by, and Sassi was the first to reach the other side of the room. Once she stepped off the bridge, she walked just a couple of inches, and waited for Victoria to finish crossing. She nervously fidgeted with her hands, that were safely covered by her thick white and navy blue striped gloves, while she waited. She was starting to feel a little impatient. This place already creeped her out, but now, she just wanted to get to that moss, and be done. Then she heard a rumbling noise, and looked up. A very unstable-looking stalactite right above her guildmate fell down from the ceiling, and straight for her! "V-Victoria! L-Look out!" she frantically shouted.

word count: 458

Victoria Sheridan
    Victoria Sheridan

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Victoria Sheridan 6th September 2018, 2:41 pm

"What?" Victoria asked as she felt the cold again. Sassi raised a good point about the slender s-shaped bridge being made of ice, so the brunette did not dare complain. Sassi had saved the job by enabling Victoria to cross the water, so she kept quiet and listened when Sassi spoke. The latter crossed the bridge first and waited for Victoria on the other side. The latter was busy looking at the bridge and planning on how she was going to manage the crossing when she heard something.

It was a warning. Sassi's sudden warning prompted Victoria to look up. To her horror, a stalactite was falling right for her head! There was not much time to act.

"DAMN!" Victoria shouted as she took two steps back and fell onto the icy floor. She had fallen back just enough for the falling stalactite to land between her legs before impact. Victoria screamed as it shattered on the floor and sprayed her with ice and not blood. This was another close call. At least this time she did not do anything dumb.

"I'm OK, Sassi! Just a little shaken. That's all. Really." Victoria let her guildmate know that she was still alive before standing up. It sounded like the former was trying to convince herself that she was OK. She was not exactly used to dealing with falling things trying to kill her. She was more accustomed to dealing with human antagonists than naturally occurring ones. At least the pay was good.

"All right Sassi, I'm gonna cross the bridge now. Wish me luck." Victoria called out as she set foot on the ice that made up the only way across the gap. She slowly walked across because speed would not help on this type of obstacle. Haste could end up causing her to go over the edge; unless Sassi could fly, that would be the end of Victoria. She slowly made her way to the halfway point, then paused and took a breath. Now to make the rest of the crossing.

Victoria calmed down and began walking again. She put one foot in front of the other and did not speed up. She kept a steady pace until she was almost at the end of the bridge. Just a few feet more and she would be on solid ground. The brunette slowly inched her way across, then carefully set foot on the other side and walked several more steps to be absolutely sure she was away from the edge of the chasm.

"I'm glad that's over. That was a tense eleven minutes, wouldn't you say?" Victoria asked Sassi. It was a good thing that she was not afraid of heights. That would have made the crossing a lot harder than it already was.

"OK Sassi, what's next?" Victoria asked her as the former looked at the entrance into the next portion of the cave. The moss had to be close. At least Victoria was hoping it was close. She wanted to get away from the cave's falling hazards as quickly as possible.

[Word Count: 512]
    CodeNameVixen
    CodeNameVixen

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by CodeNameVixen 6th September 2018, 4:23 pm

Sassi watched as Victoria shouted, and dodged the stalactite just in the nick of time. It was almost enough to give her a heart attack, but she was also grateful that her guildmate survived. She calmed down as she watched Victoria cross the bridge. Once she had crossed, Sassi listened as she asked her what was next.

Sassi turned around to face the opening to the next part of the cave. "Hopefully...we find the moss." she replied. She then started walking forward. They walked through another long corridor. Only this one was a lot creepier, as they found a skeleton. Sassi shuddered as she saw it, feeling like her heart was beating at 100 miles per hour. She looked at the end of the end of the corridor. We must be getting close. she thought to herself. She started walking towards the end of the corridor again. Sassi wondered to herself if they were going to find more bodies. It had been rumored that those who had also tried to get some of the moss to research didn't make it back out. This skeleton might've been one of them. I hope we don't end up like them. she thought to herself.

After about five more minutes, they reached the exit out of the corridor. As they did, they entered a big circular chamber. Stalagmites stood against the walls, and on the walls was this..greenish-purple stuff. In the middle of the chamber, was a small pool filled with naturally hot water. Sassi's eyes widened as she realized they had made it to the end part of the cave, which meant the stuff on the walls had to be the moss they were looking for. We finally made it. she thought to herself, smiling just a little. Then she frowned, as she looked at the floor, and found two more skeletons. Yeah, this was the room, alright. She looked nervously at the moss along the walls, wondering if it was as deadly as the poster stated it was. If the dead bodies were any indication, it probably was, which meant that they would have to be extremely careful in this place. "I, uh, think we're h-here." she said nervously to Victoria. Sassi brought out the poster, and unrolled it. She flipped to the back, so they could read the instructions on how to handle the moss without using your bare hands. Among the instructions, were also warnings not to get too close to the moss, as just breathing it in could kill you as well. She held in a postion so that Victoria could read the instructions as well.

word count: 448

Victoria Sheridan
    Victoria Sheridan

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Victoria Sheridan 6th September 2018, 10:08 pm

Victoria took a look at the instructions on the back of the poster that Sassi had carried with her. They had to collect a sample of the moss without using their bare hands. That was simple enough. Both of them wore gloves, so no bare hands would touch the plants. Removing the moss samples from the wall would be a tiny bit more difficult.

"It says that if we manage to remove them from the wall and put them in a closed container or bag, we'll be safe from the spores." Victoria read aloud. The skeletons lying around were most likely people who were not aware of how to stop the spores. That lack of knowledge had cost them their lives. Thankfully the Black Rose mages had the benefit of an informational poster to guild them. They also had each other to rely on if the going got tough.

"OK, did we bring any jars or bags that we can safely carry the samples in? I forgot to bring some." Victoria said as she looked around the room. She spotted a pocketknife lying next to a skeletal hand. Her luck had turned good again. She carefully picked it up and showed it to Sassi. It was nothing special, just an ordinary folding pocketknife with a brown handle.

"Looks like we're in luck, Sassi. I found this pocketknife, so if we cut the moss off at the roots we should be able to get what we need." Victoria surmised. It sounded simple enough. The execution was what would be the challenge. She had a mouth covering, but she was not sure if it would be thick enough to block out the worst of the spore's effects. She did not want to trot off into a dangerous situation without consulting Sassi first.

"I'm willing to go up to the moss and get a sample, but I'm gonna need a thick mouth covering to make sure I'm protected against the spores that are already in the air. Would you happen to have anything I could borrow?" Victoria asked Sassi. The latter had proven to be a quiet but reliable companion for this job. She had helped Victoria temper her reckless nature before it killed her, helped them cross the river without either one of them getting hypothermia, and kept Victoria from getting a piercing headache near the bridge. They had made it this far by taking it slow and being cautious. Now all they needed to do was get the sample and they could leave this place.

[Word Count: 424]
    CodeNameVixen
    CodeNameVixen

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by CodeNameVixen 7th September 2018, 12:34 am

Sassi listened as Victoria told her that the poster stated that if we can find a safe way to remove the moss from the walls, and place it into a bag or jars, or some other kind of container, they would be safe from the moss's poisonous spores. She nodded in agreement, and took off her backpack. She set her backpack on the ground, and opened it up. She started rummaging through it, looking for any extra bags or extra jars, or other things that could be used to safely contain and carry the moss. Sassi heard Victoria ask her if she had any bags or jars on her person. "Um, I'm, uh, looking for some right now." she said in response. Besides the food she had packed for the two of them, plus any extra just for herself, she didn't find anything useful at the moment.

Sassi then heard Victoria say that she had found a pocketknife to cut the moss from the wall with, and looked up when she had shown it to her. "Uh, that's..that's a good thing." she awkwardly replied. Sassi inwardly felt bad for being so horrible at speaking to others. She made a mental note in the back of her mind to try and work on her socializing skills, or lack thereof, a bit later.

Sassi then listened as Victoria then told her that she would be willing to go over to the walls, and cut the moss off to be placed in any container they had on hand, but that she needed some kind of mouth covering to keep from accidentally breathing in the spores, and then asked her if she had anything she could use. Sassi saw that her guildmate was now waiting for her answer. She didn't know if she did, but she would keep trying to find something. Which meant that now, she had to not only search for some kind of empty container they could safely carry the moss back out with, but she also had to find something to cover up Victoria's mouth with to protect her from the lethally poisonous spores.

Sassi sighed to herself, and went back to rummaging through her backpack. Did she maybe have something they could use? She closed the main pocket of her backpack, and opened up all the other pockets. Now, Sassi was usually kept her emotions to herself when she was around other people, but her eyes lit up when, in her backpack's big front pocket, she found an empty bottle she had forgotten to take out when she was packing up to go on this trip. She was certainly she hadn't now, and took it out. "Uh..I found a bottle." she said to Victoria. It wasn't a jar or a bag, but at this moment, it would have to do. She handed it to Victoria.

Now to find something to protect her guildmate's mouth with. Sassi searched through the pocket again, to see if there was some kind of small blanket or something. After a few minutes, she found nothing else, and closed the pocket. She then opened up a smaller front pocket, hoping to find something in there that could be used. The Blue FireFox wizard's pale dark blue eyes lit up again when she felt something fabric-y inside the pocket, and pulled it out. It was a red blanket she'd had as a child. Sassi had taken it with her when she left her family's, now uncle's, house. A house she would never go back to. A place she no longer considered her home.

Sassi stared at it for a couple of minutes, her heart filling back up with sadness and pain, as bad memories of her time spent in that house flashed in her mind. Then she remembered that Victoria was still waiting for her to find something to protect her mouth with, and she swallowed back her emotions, pushing back the memories. She stood up, and had to look up at Victoria, since she was taller than her. "Uh, here. Y-You can use this to cover your mouth." Sassi said, handing the blanket to her. I hope it's good enough. she thought to herself. She certainly didn't want to be responsible for her guildmate's untimely death.

word count: 716

Victoria Sheridan
    Victoria Sheridan

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Victoria Sheridan 7th September 2018, 11:36 am

"Thanks, Sassi. You're a lifesaver." Victoria thanked her guildmate as she took the jar and the covering from Sassi. Victoria wound the red blanket tightly around her face. It would do nicely.

"All right, I'm going in." Victoria declared before carefully holding the empty bottle in her left hand. She walked slowly towards the moss coating the wall, not wanting to fall and stab herself with the knife or fall and break the bottle. She approached carefully until she reached the wall. She set the bottle at her feet and gently took a section of the moss into her gloved hand.

Victoria began cutting at the root, being careful not to cut her fingers in the process. She cut once and the roots did not budge. She cut again and a small section of them gave way. The knife was kind of dull, but it was doing the trick. Another cut and more of the roots released their hold on the wall.

Suddenly Victoria began coughing violently. She stopped what she was doing before she cut herself in a coughing-induced loss of focus. After a minute of coughing, she resumed work on the nearly severed roots of a fist-sized clump of moss. Steadying her breathing and her hands, the brunette focused again and began cutting at the roots until they finally gave way.

"GOT IT!" She called out. Victoria put the knife down and picked up the bottle, being careful not to drop it and break it. She gently opened the container and carefully fit the sizable sample inside before closing the lid. Victoria's hands clamped down on the bottle as she entered another coughing fit. She had to get away from the rest of the moss before she joined the skeletons scattered around the room.

Quickly grabbing the knife from the floor, she walked away while maintaining a firm grip on the container. The farther she got from the moss the less intense the coughing became. By the time she stood in front of Sassi the coughing had subsided completely. That was a relief. She did not think her throat and lungs could take much more.

"We've got what we came for." Victoria triumphantly told Sassi. Then a thought hit her. Did they get enough of a sample for the client to work with?

"I believe we've got a big enough sample. Just one clump of moss is the size of my fist. I can go back and get more moss if you think it isn't enough." Victoria stated to her guildmate while washing off the blade of the knife in the hot spring. It was true that Ace status made Victoria the ranking Black Rose member present, but she did not want to trample all over Sassi after the latter had saved the mission thrice. She also wanted Sassi to get a bit of experience with decision-making in case the latter took on some solo jobs in the future. It was her decision as to whether they got another sample or called it good with what they had.

[Word Count: 510]
    CodeNameVixen
    CodeNameVixen

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by CodeNameVixen 7th September 2018, 1:52 pm

Sassi couldn't help feeling just a little nervous watching Victoria cut that moss with the pocketknife. Her nervousness grew a bit more when her guildmate started coughing. I hope she doesn't get sick. she thought to herself. Part of her felt a bit bad for not going up to help, but she knew it was better if Victoria did it, since they didn't have a second blanket she could use to keep her mouth protected, and they only needed to gather one sample. The other part of her was just glad they were finally getting this done, since she was actually quite eager to get back to the inn.

As soon as Sassi saw Victoria putting the cut moss into the bottle, and shouted 'Got it!', she knew she could start relaxing a bit, though she was still concerned about her health, as Victoria was still coughing. That soon cleared up when she saw her walking back to her with the moss sample in hand. She listened as Victoria said that they had gotten what they came here to get, so they could now head out of the cave. Sassi then heard her say that they had a good enough sample, and that what they got was as big as her fist, but she could always get more if need be.

Sassi didn't think they needed any more than they had already gathered though, so she just replied with "N-No, I think we have enough." Heading out of the chamber, they came back to the S-shaped ice 'bridge', with the stalactite stuck in the middle of it. She hoped it was still stable enough to let the two of them safely cross it. Sassi decided to start crossing the bridge first, and have Victoria follow close behind her, that way if something happened to one of them, than hopefully it would happen to her, and not Victoria, as she was carrying precious cargo right now.

Sassi turned around to face Victoria. "U-Um, I'll go first. It'll be safer." she said to her guildmate. She then turned back around, and started walking across. After just a couple of minutes, she came to the stalactite. It seemed to be completely wedged inside the bridge. Sassi did her best to climb up it, although her petite stature didn't do her any favors. When she got on top of it, she looked back to check on Victoria, to see if she was following behind her.

word count: 417

Victoria Sheridan
    Victoria Sheridan

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Victoria Sheridan 8th September 2018, 11:59 am

Victoria listened to Sassi and learned that she thought that they had enough moss for a sample. That was good enough for her because they could get out of here now. She could hardly wait to leave this frozen place. But first they had to retrace their steps to get out. That included crossing the "bridge" and recrossing the frigid water.

There was no point in complaining about it. Victoria carefully followed Sassi, eyes cast upward to watch for stalactites waiting to fall. She kept a watch until the pair reached the S-shaped bridge and found a large stalactite wedged inside of it. Her heart sank. They would have to cross it and hope that it did not collapse on them.

"I'm here, Sassi. I'm still with you." Victoria declared as she approached the obstacle. How was she going to climb over it if one hand held the jar? Very carefully, that was how. In the future she might want to invest in at least a messenger bag to carry items in. That would be a good idea, but she did not want to give enemies something to grab her by in a fight.

"How do you want to do this? Do you want me to wait for you to climb down the other side before I climb up? Or do you wanna gamble on us both being on top of it at the same time?" Victoria asked Sassi. The brunette did not like the look of the situation. The bridge was holding so far, but she did not want to stand on it any longer than necessary. If both girls stood on the stalactite at the same time, their combined weight might cause it to break through and doom them both. What could they do?

Victoria did not want to risk tossing the sample and making Sassi fall while trying to catch it, nor did she want to risk throwing it too far and breaking their only container if she missed. There had to be a better way to do this. Sassi might be able to pull another rabbit out of her hat and save them both, but Victoria would have to wait. She just hoped that they had time to spare.

[Word Count: 373]
    CodeNameVixen
    CodeNameVixen

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by CodeNameVixen 9th September 2018, 12:26 am

Sassi listened to Victoria as she asked how they wanted to do this, and she gulped nervously. "Um, I don't know. Uh, m-maybe..." she began to say. Then she turned around while on the stalactite, and faced Victoria. She saw her guildmate holding onto the bottle with the sample inside. Didnt't she have her own backpack to put that into? But looking at her Sassi realized that she may not have the room to put that bottle in. But maybe she herself did. Her backpack certainly had a lot of pockets. She carefully climbed back down the stalactite, and slowly walked back to her guildmate. "Um, uh, you can put it in my backpack, i-if you want...that is." she awkwardly said.

Sassi took off her backpack, and opened up one of the front pockets. It seemed big enough for the bottle. "H-Here. Place it inside." she said. While she waited for Victoria to hand her the bottle, a small swarm of Yeti crabs came crawling out of the chamber Her and Victoria had exited, and were headed straight for her guildmate. Sassi saw them out of the corner of her eye, and her face went pale. Um..when did THOSE appear? she thought nervously to herself. She didn't notice them when they were in the chamber. Did they come from the hot spring or something?

"V-Victoria...u-uh, there are, uh..there are some, uh Yeti crabs behind you." Sassi awkwardly said, trying her best to make her voice sound as non-panicky as possible. "Um, just d-don't panic." she nervously added. She tried to think of what to do. She could try and jump around Victoria, but there was a good chance she would slip and fall off the ice bridge to certain death. Yet, she couldn't just abandon her guildmate. She looked back at the lodged stalactite behind her, and wondered if it was possible for Victoria to climb up it, so she could use her blue fire magic to drive the Yeti crabs away. Victoria would still have to give her the bottle with the moss sample before she could climb up the stalactitie.

word count: 357

Victoria Sheridan
    Victoria Sheridan

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Victoria Sheridan 9th September 2018, 12:01 pm

Victoria listened to Sassi and found her suggestion to be entirely reasonable. The first she had heard of the yeti crabs was the sound of their legs scraping the ice. She caught by surprise just like her guildmate. The notice said very little about yeti crabs, but she should have known to expect unforeseen complications by now. They had come this far with teamwork and with teamwork they would finish this.

"OK, Sassi. I'll put it in your backpack, then I climb. Once I'm on top, I'll help you up before our little friends catch up." Victoria readily agreed to the plan. The ace quickly sprinted behind Sassi, opened her backpack, and looked for an empty space. The other girl had enough gear to be ready for just about anything. If she could find a way to store items that an enemy could not grab onto, the ace would follow the example of her guildmate and carry a backpack so that in the future she would not have to use her teammates as pack mules. As it stood, Sassi was the star of this mission.

Victoria looked for a space, but there were not too many to be had. She looked behind flaps, she looked behind personal belongings, and she looked everywhere inside the pack. Then it hit her. There were plenty of open pockets big enough to hold the bottle staring her right in the face! Victoria sighed.

After recovering from embarrassment deep enough to make her blush, Victoria quickly placed the bottle in an empty pocket that was well-protected by Sassi's belongings. Unless they deliberately tried to break it, the sample container would be quite safe. She quickly closed the pack and made certain that it was securely closed, then told Sassi so that she would not hang around any longer than she had to.

"OK, the container's in your backpack. I'm gonna climb the stalactite. Then when I get up there, I'll help you up!" Victoria informed Sassi before facing the obstacle and jumping straight up. Her gloved hands grabbed the edge and the brunette used her feet to climb up, being careful not to slip or kick her guildmate in the back. Victoria was not much of a climber, but Sassi was counting on her to be one right now. She soon pulled herself up and stood on top of the stalactite. If this was what it took to climb one stalactite, she would hate to see rock climbing.

"I'm safely on top of it, Sassi. I'm gonna use the rope to haul you up. Get ready!" Victoria instructed as she pulled the rope off of her body and quickly unwound it, lowering the rope until one end dangled on the floor behind Sassi.

"All right, the rope's down. Make yourself an opening and get outta there!" Victoria shouted before bracing herself to pull her guildmate to safety. She would try to help with her magic, but loud noises might trigger more stalactites to fall and kill them both by making the bridge collapse. Victoria did not want to run that risk, so Sassi would have to deal with the fuzzy crustaceans herself.

[Word Count: 527]
    CodeNameVixen
    CodeNameVixen

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by CodeNameVixen 9th September 2018, 10:51 pm

Sassi saw Victoria sprint behind her, and felt her open up her backpack, and place the bottle inside. As soon as she felt Victoria let go of her backpack, she heard her say that she put the sample in her backpack and she's climbing up the stalactite. Good; that meant Victoria would be safe. She heard her guildmate climb onto the stalactite, while Sassi kept an eye on the still advancing Yeti crabs. She saw one of them crawl up her right food and attack her leg with its claws. "Ugh!" she shrieked, and shook it off. She wobbled a little as she did that, but another crab had just climbed up her left foot.

Sassi shook that one off as well, but not before getting her leg nipped a little by one of its claws. Then, she heard Victoria say that's on top of the stalactite and is gonna haul her up with the rope she found. Sassi was glad to hear that, because more and more crabs were trying to climb up her legs and get her with their claws at the same time, and she could only shake them off so many times before losing her balance.

As soon as her legs and feet were clear of crabs, Sassi then turned around, and ran towards the rope. She grabbed it, and waited for Victoria to pull her up. The Yeti crabs were still coming, and they wanted a piece of her. She wasn't going to let that happen. They may be small crabs, but they were plenty annoying. One of them did manage to climb onto her foot while she was being pulled up, and got her leg with one of its claws. Sassi awkwardly squeaked in pain, and rattled her leg to shake the crab off. Great, I hope my pants don't get bloodstains. she thought to herself.

word count: 316

Victoria Sheridan
    Victoria Sheridan

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Victoria Sheridan 10th September 2018, 12:22 pm

Once Sassi was on the rope, Victoria walked forward and pulled as hard as she could. She did not have all day to do so because the crabs had caught up to Sassi. The brunette pulled and pulled until her colleague was on top of the stalactite. She helped Sassi up and to her feet. She did not know if the crabs could climb the ice, but she was not going to hang around and find out.

She quickly hauled the rope up and wrapped it around her before a yeti crab could use it to get to them. She was surprised that one had not used a claw to grab onto it, but then again most animals were not smart enough to realize that the rope could be used to climb. Victoria was thankful for that. She really did not want to deal with super-intelligent crustaceans any day soon. Sassi's leg showed evidence of what just one of them could do... if they could think, the two of them would be in deep trouble.

"All right. We made it up, so now we've gotta get back down. Here's what we're gonna do." Victoria said. The pair could probably just jump to safety, but right now they did not need to take unnecessary risks. if they missed their jump or broke their legs when landing, it would be game over. Victoria paused for a moment to ponder her sudden about-face.

Her of all people advocating a cautious approach? She almost laughed before remembering that Guild Aces were held to higher standards of behavior than the average member. That included not rushing blindly into every situation and slowing down to think before acting. if Victoria wanted to remain alive and keep her title, she had to learn those skills. Sassi already had them; that was why she was able to save the job from failure all those times.

"I hold the rope and you climb down. Once you're down, I'll lower myself from here. Then we make our way back to the river and go from there." Victoria stated. Whatever her other faults were, a lack of bravery was not one of them. However, bravery was no substitute for being able to stop and think before acting.

[Word Count: 376]
    CodeNameVixen
    CodeNameVixen

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by CodeNameVixen 10th September 2018, 11:50 pm

Once Sassi had been pulled up on top of the stalactite, she got up as Victoria pulled up the rope. Then she heard her say that she was going to hold the rope while Sassi climbed down, and she would climb down after. That sounded like a good idea, so long as they didn't fall down and break something. "O-Okay. Let's go." she said. Once Victoria got the rope positioned, she went ahead and climbed down carefully. She slipped only once, but she was able to keep her grip on the rope. Once she was down, she waited for Victoria to climb down. After that, they put the rope away, and they crossed the rest of the bridge until they were on the other side.

They exited the room with the S-shaped ice bridge, and eventually walked back to the river. Nothing had really changed, not even the stalactites Victoria had knocked down on the other side. Sassi then turned around and faced Victoria. "O-Okay. We have a rope. How do we cross the bridge?" she asked. Sassi looked around, trying to find something to use to cross the river. Having a rope was good, but it wouldn't help them cross the river just by itself.

Then Sassi looked up at the ceiling, and found a crooked stalactite that looked just a little bit like a hook. Sassi cracked a small smile. Maybe they could use that. She turned around to face Victoria again. "I just found something." she said. Sassi turned back and pointed upward towards the crooked stalactite 'hook' she had seen. She hoped her guildmate noticed it. "We could, uh, tie the rope into a lasso, and, um, use the rope like a, uh, vine?" she said, and had a thought all of a sudden cross her mind. What if that thing wasn't stable enough? If either her, or Victoria were to do this, there's a chance one of them could fall into the river. That river is practically liquid hypothermia. Now she wasn't real sure if she had made a good plan. "Or maybe not." she said, not confident at all now.

word count: 359

Victoria Sheridan
    Victoria Sheridan

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Victoria Sheridan 11th September 2018, 10:47 am

Victoria's plan went off without a hitch. The pair had gotten away from the crabs and had crossed the bridge without incident. Now they had to get across the frigid water again. Once again Sassi came to the rescue by spotting an unusual hook-shaped stalactite that they could use to swing across the gap. Victoria had had enough of the frigid environment and just wanted to get back to Silver Moon Inn.

"Nice idea, Sassi. We'll definitely try it. I'd rather swing on a rope than try to walk across that water again." Victoria said as she unwound the rope from her body and fashioned one end into a lasso. She then twirled it above her head and threw for the hook. Her effort was a total failure... the lasso fell into the water with a spectacular splash. Victoria pulled it in and squeezed the rope out before trying again.

Victoria's second attempt was no more successful than her first. Again the lasso plunged into the frigid water and again she pulled it back in for another go at snagging the hook. The brunette took a deep breath, focused, and tried again. The third time met with success; the lasso caught the hook and stayed in place.

"You know what they say... third time's a charm." Victoria quipped to Sassi.

"Now we've gotta decide who goes first." Victoria declared to her guildmate. The Ace was putting priority on getting Sassi across. If some freak accident happened, Sassi would be able to take the sample and finish the job for them. Her mind made up, Victoria spoke again.

"Normally I would go first because if anything fails, it should fail on me. But you've got the sample, so I say you go first. That way if the rope fails on me when I try to cross, you'll be able to get out and complete the job for the both of us." Victoria voiced her decision. She hoped that Sassi would be on board with it. She also hoped that the rope would not give out on Sassi and ruin their plan.

[Word Count: 350]
    CodeNameVixen
    CodeNameVixen

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by CodeNameVixen 14th September 2018, 11:37 am

Sassi was honestly surprised that Victoria decided to go along with her plan. She watched as her guildmate tried, three times no less, to lasso the 'hook' on the ceiling of the cave with the rope. Sassi then felt anxiety leap into her body as she succeeded, and now was willing to let her go first. As if she didn't feel enough pressure already. Still, they had to cross the river, so she might as well try. She silently gulped in nervousness, and grabbed the rope. She walked a few steps back while holding the rope to give herself a running start. Then she ran, and swung forward on the rope.

Sassi could feel the icy sharp wind whip through her face as she was swinging. When she felt she was above the other side of the river, she let go of the rope and jumped. She landed face first on the ground on the other side of the river. She spit out any snow that entered her mouth, and brushed the rest of the snow off her face. She shivered, as her cold face made the rest of her body cold. She stood up, and brushed snow off of her clothes.

She then looked over at Victoria, and gave an awkward thumbs up, to let her know she had made it, and that it was okay to cross. She hoped it would be soon, because Sassi was very much done with this place. She did not care for the ice and snow, and this cave had been a trying place. The only reason she had tolerated this cave was because they needed to get that sample, and now that they had gotten what they needed from this place, she no longer had the patience to deal with this place. She just wanted to get her money, and return to the inn, where it was nice and warm. She waited for Victoria to cross the river, and hoped to high heaven that her guildmate would make it across.

word count: 344

Victoria Sheridan
    Victoria Sheridan

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Victoria Sheridan 14th September 2018, 8:36 pm

Victoria watched as Sassi swung across the gap and made a landing that was less than perfect. Victoria involuntarily recoiled as she witnessed Sassi land face-first on the other side. To her relief, her guildmate got up and flashed a thumbs-up to let the Ace know she had made it. Any landing that one could walk away from was a good landing. Now to get across the gap herself.

Victoria took the rope into her hands, took a deep breath, got a running start, then jumped and hung onto the rope until momentum carried her to the other side. Once she felt that she was at the right point, she felt a drastic change in altitude. The stalactite gave way while she was still on it! Victoria screamed and let go, just clearing the ledge and making a face-first landing like Sassi had done before her. The rope and the stalactite splashed into the water and made an impressive splash, sending up no small amount of cold water.

The shaken brunette slowly got to her feet and gave a thumbs-up sign to Sassi. Now she knew how her guildmate had felt after doing a faceplant into the snow. Again, any landing one could walk away from was a good landing.

"Well, that was fun. I'm ready to leave whenever you are, Sassi." Victoria said to her companion, wiping away the snow that had stuck to her face. The Ace wanted out of here. Sassi wanted to get out of here too. The pair had gotten what they had come here for, so it was time to call it a day and take the sample to the client. Payday was always nice.

[Word Count: 281] [Total Word Count: 5,025/2,500]
    CodeNameVixen
    CodeNameVixen

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by CodeNameVixen 15th September 2018, 12:37 am

Sassi watched her guildmate grab the rope and get a running start. She winced when she saw Victoria fall after she had jumped off the rope. Her heart sank a little when she saw the hook-shaped stalactite and the rope attached to it both fall into the river. Well...there goes the rope. she thought to herself, slightly disappointed. She then just shrugged, and turned to face Victoria when she got up and sarcastically stated that her little 'flight' off the rope was 'fun'. Sassi then listened to Victoria as she stated that she was ready to go when she was. Sassi nodded, and replied. "Let's go."

They then headed out of the cave, exiting the entrance, and back outside. There was a thickly white, sharply freezing cold wind that whipped Sassi's face and she winced from its icy sting. Could it be any colder? She didn't think so. Not that the cave had been any better, but at least her and Victoria had been safe from the wind. Although, the memory of those annoying Yeti crabs, almost made her change her mind. That was then, though, and this was now. They were done with that cave, and she was glad of it.

They kept walking until they finally made it to a small train station. Sassi was glad the person who needed the sample lived in Rose Garden. That made finishing their little 'quest' a lot easier. They walked inside and paid for the tickets. Then they waited for the train. Once they boarded it, they took their trip back to the nice and warm town of Rose Garden. After a couple of hours, plus about ten and a half minutes of waiting to get their luggage, they had arrived back at Rose Garden. They then walked for about ten minutes to their client's place, which was a humble, but rather science-y looking place. They delivered the sample to their client, and recieved their pay. Then they exited the place, and walked back to the Silver Moon Inn, their task complete.

word count: 346 (total word count: 5,371/2,500)

Current date/time is 18th April 2024, 10:59 pm