Age: Unknown (Human Form: Appears 15)
Special Characteristics: Celestial Spirit Form: Softly glowing eyes,, eight limbs (six arms, two legs0, butterfly-like wings
Personality: A silver key celestial spirit in long time exile, Aranea's existence is more often than not focused on survival. Once upon a time, the Spider, shared the night sky with her fellow spirits with a place beside Virgo. She was a citizen of the Celestial Spirit Realm in good standing with the Celestial Spirit King. Aranea always honored her contracts with her wizards, and never really dreamed of harming anyone, except those who opposed her wizards.
It began to change when her second to last wizards passed away. She was a real friend to Aranea, and someone Aranea would miss greatly. It was only the beginning of Aranea's misfortune, as her wizard's nephew would inherit the key. Since the young boy was family to one of her closest friends, the spider spirit had no qualms about making a contract with him.
However as the nephew grew older, he grew into a cold, cruel and sadistic monster. He regularly mistreated and abused Aranea and his other spirits. For years she endured every sick whim, until one day he tried to use her to bully another spirit into making a contract with him. There wasn't much she felt she could for herself or those who signed up before the nephew showed his true colors, but there was no way she would be party to recruiting fellow spirits into his sway.
That fateful day, Aranea broke the biggest taboo of celestial spirit society. She broke her contract by attacking her wizard. Aranea didn't kill him, but her attack left him a mindless vegetable. His body greatly weakened, the nephew died few months later of an unrelated illness. Though she broke that taboo in self-defense and in defense of her fellow spirits, she was banished from the Celestial Spirit Realm.
Aranea resigned herself to fading away soon after, and she would have had she not discovered that by draining a mortals dreams she could preserve her own existence. If she was not careful and drained all of a mortal's dreams, like she had the nephews, they would suffer the same fate. They would become a mindless husk with no volition of their own.
A life of nothing but harsh survival can erode even the kindest person's moral fiber. Much the same has happened to Aranea in how she view mortals as prey. The kind and dutiful spirit she was, has given way to a predator who lives almost on instinct alone.
The Aranea she was might still be in there somewhere, because it still comes out when she needs it (Usually when Aranea needs to blend in to mortal society, whether to hunt or avoid those who might hunt her.) But she has been forced to survive this way for decades. That old Aranea is buried deep.
* The thrill of the hunt. If she is not in dire straights for the energy she needs, Aranea tends to like making more of a sport out of her hunts.
* Mementos of her former home, the Celestial Realm. Whether it's clothing, food or some other item from her old home, Aranea has been known to pass over mortals who gift her with such mementos.
* One hint that the old Aranea still exists somewhere inside, the spider spirit retains her fondness for mortal sweets of all kinds.
* Fighting other celestial spirits. If she is faced with fighting other celestial spirits, she will simply abandon the hunt for other prey.
* Celestial wizards. She will not hunt these mortals unless she is absolutely desperate. Hunting them means fighting her fellow spirits. Or should she be defeated by one, the possible temptation to make a contract just to have even the fleeting company of her fellow spirits.
* Anyone who mistreats or abuses her fellow celestial spirits. Aranea will ignore her other two strongest personal taboos, if it means freeing her fellow spirits from their abusers.
* To survive. Even after all this time there is nothing more than she wants than to live to see the next day and many days after that. Her will to go on can falter, but it never fails.
* To ensure other celestial spirits do not suffer her fate, if or whenever the opportunity presents itself. Since she's already fallen, other spirts won't have to be exiled if she's the one to take down any cruel wizard she learns of.
* To one day prove herself to the Celestial Spirit King, and earn her place back in the sky. If she can just hold on long enough she might one day find the right... whatever .. she needs to prove to her former king she deserves to be let back in.
* Dying and fading away forever. Before her exile, these were not things she ever worried about.
* Being forgotten, she often fears that if she does fade away that not even her old friends in the Celestial Spirit Realm will remember her.
* Mortal clowns, there just something about them that unsettles the celestial spider.
Weight: 111 lbs
Hair: Celestial Spirit Form: Lavender; Human Form: Blonde
Eyes: Celestial Spirit Form: Glowing Pink; Human Form: Blue
Skin Tone: Celestial Spirit Form: Purple; Human Form: Fair
- Celestial Spirit:
Guild: Onyx Moon
Tattoo: Pale lavender, left upper arm
Last edited by Aranea on 11th October 2018, 2:18 pm; edited 1 time in total