Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Green Acres (Job)

SeaGlass
    SeaGlass

Dragon VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Dragon Slayer- Neutral Guild Ace- Halloween job event participant - Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Novice [250]- Summer Special Participant- Player 
    Lineage : Wings of Winter
    Position : None
    Guild : Fairy Tail
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : Nessa Cordelia Lux
    Experience : 1,572,642

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Ice Dragon Slayer
    Second Skill: Ice Dragon Slayer
    Third Skill:

Green Acres (Job) Empty Green Acres (Job)

Post by SeaGlass 29th July 2018, 9:53 pm

Still feeling a touch of nauseated from the train ride from Magnolia to Era, Arcadia was glad to finally be arriving at the farm she read about on the job flier. It was her first job for Fairy Tail beyond Magnolia. The train ride had disagreed with the young slayer so badly, she was still having second thoughts about coming on a job this far from the guild on her own.

She had worn her lightest, most summery dress, thin light blue, knowing this farming job would mean day-long hard labor under direct sun. Staying cool would be key to getting through it. The Magic Council's mountaintop headquarters was just visible from the farm. Arcadia wouldn't be having time to sight see, not that she  really wished to visit a bunch of stuffy old mages.  She didn't know what they were really like, nor fully understand what they did. There was so much she was still learning about the here and now. What she imagined them to be like was being so boring and dull, that she just might die of boredom breathing the same air as them in a closed space, or worse turn into one in the light of a full moon.

The farm's forewoman hailed Arcadia as she neared the main house. The forwoman appeared to be in her early thirties and wore her long auburn hair up in a ponytail. Arcadia swore the woman's deep brown eyes were locked in a permanent scowl. It could just be the sun in her eyes, but Arcadia wasn't so sure about that. It was probably just Arcadia's imagination, but she could have sworn she heard menacing organ music playing somewhere as the woman approached.

The woman folded her arms, looking critically over the bare foot, pale blonde young girl standing before her. She growled at Arcadia, “I'm Irma Dipsea, the forewoman around this farm. What is it you want, child? If you are looking to buy, go to the markets in town like everyone else. Farmer Brown is retiring soon. We don't have time for everyone who wants a couple bunches of kale or a just a few carrots.”

Something in the woman's tone sparked the competitive spirit in the usually shy young slayer..  She stood stall, the breezes billowing her dress and hair. ”I'm not here to buy anything. I'm Arcadia Fairchilde of Fairy Tail! I'm here to help!”

Irma cracked a mild smirk in her perpetually scowling features. “You've got spirit, little girl. But still... I'm disappointed Fairy Tail would send a scrawny child to help us. Go home. Go home and tell your master to send real help. Someone with some muscle, not a waif who will blow away in a light breeze.”

Arcadia's competitive spirit roared to full life after such fighting words.  If Irma was trying to motivate the young slayer, it worked perfectly. Balling each hand into a fist, Arcadia's deep green eyes burned straight back into Irma. She would not stand being told she had lost before even getting started. Her usually soft voice rang with a burning determination, “Like I said. I'm Arcadia Fairchilde of Fairy Tail. Ice Dragon Slayer.  The Frost Maiden of Dragnof. Daughter of  the Great Ice Dragon, Khione Glacier. I'm more than strong enough to handle a little farm work.”

The auburn-haired woman nodded, seemingly unfazed by Arcadia's quiet fury. “I may have underestimated you, dragon slayer. It won't happen again. Come with me.” Irma lead Arcadia past the main house to a sun-baked field just beyond it. The woman gestured to a plow sitting nearest corner of the field. “We'll see how strong you are. I need you to pull this, and plow this entire field by sundown.”

Arcadia wasn't sure if Irma was serious, so it took her moment, but the young dragon slayer did not protest the ridiculousness of request.  The farm must be in more trouble than the poster let on if they are using people to pull plows clearly meant for two beasts of burden. She marched right up to the plow, and began looking for a way to best strap herself in to pull. Then Irma clapped hand on Arcadia's back strong enough to knock the young slayer off balance. She was.. chuckling? “You're funny, little Arcadia. I like you.” Arcadia glanced back over her shoulder to see the woman's kind smile. “I would never expect anyone, even a dragon slayer, to pull this on their own. That's the pigs' job. What I do need to you to do though is follow behind the plow with this bag of seed, scattering them like so where plow has turned up the dirt. And when we're done here, the same has to be done with the next two fields over. Now tie your hair up with these.”

The seed bag was  heavier than Arcadia would've expected, but there was relief in taking that over dragging the plow. She let her own knapsack down with a heavy thunk to stay until the working day was over. Other farm hands were busy hooking two giant pig creatures often used for pulling wagons up to the plow, while Arcadia tying her pale blonde hair up in pigtails that she rolled up into twin buns.

She followed the pig creatures and Irma behind the plow. Arcadia scattered handfuls of seed as the plow wound its way up and down the field, turning up the hard baked earth. It was a long, slow slog down just one row. The sun grew high in the sky, beating down on beast and dragon slayer alike. Arcadia was glad for the water breaks, the first field then the two after it, taking a grueling 7 hours total under the hot sun to fully plow and sow the seed.

Arcadia was never more glad to let her head meet a pillow early that night in the farm bunkhouse. She was almost glad to get on that train back home in the morning... almost.

Word Count: 1001/750

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Green Acres (Job) 3FQiytD

**☆Arcadia's Theme (as discovered by Mura)☆**:

Current date/time is 18th April 2024, 11:08 pm