Welcome Guest! You last visited . Please welcome the newest player Nebula

• Patch Notes •                • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

An Unexpected Journey

Karasuki

Player -
    Lineage : Villain’s Soul
    Position : None
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 0

An Unexpected Journey

Post by Karasuki on 20th July 2018, 7:09 pm

Karasuki Kitsuharu had ventured a long way from home. Between walking, hitching rides, renting horses and taking a hand drawn ancient ferry at one point, Karasuki had made her way to where all rumors began. The legendary Sabertooth guild was known for being a force of good, or so the stories said, but the important part is that Karasuki believed them. The twenty three year old had booked an inn for one night, very late the night before. It was mid morning now as she carried her bag over her shoulder and her most recent light novel in her hand. The purple haired woman wandered around the town called the Ace of Spades. It was an unusual name, she noted, but so were all places worthy and fantastic in her precious books.

Karasuki wore a long dark blue skirt which flowed around her legs as she walked. She wore her only pair of shoes, a dark brown leather shoe good for walking with a shortened heel. Her top was a plain white t shirt, soft from so much wear, and a light flowing tan vest left unclasped over her shoulders. She had a simple and monumentally precious emerald pendant hanging around her neck in the shape of a tree branch, a farewell gift from her adoptive mother, Isadora. "This has to be the place," Karasuki whispered to herself. From within her head, the villain's soul she was forced so share her small body with, replied to her. "It wouldn't surprise either of us if you were wrong again. You keep following rumors and taking us to nowhere towns. I bet this place is a disappointment too. Can I pick the next dumpy town we travel to? I'd like us to pick up some pretty girls while we're at it." Karasuki frowned outwardly, speaking aloud and forgetting to keep it all in her head. "Shut up, Geralt. You aren't going to ruin this for me. I'm going to stay positive!"

To her relief, he didn't reply, but she could feel him lazing about in her mind and stretching nonchalantly. He had better not make himself known or make her look crazy in front of the guild members. She wanted this so badly, she needed it; to find one's place in the world was critical for every main character and she was no different. Except for her life was real and her books were mostly fiction. She just had to find out if the rumors were true this time, and her life could finally begin. No more Masha, no more woes about love, now her life was going to be about improving herself and making a name in this world for helping to bring positive change. She felt Geralt laugh mockingly in her head and her smile quickly turned into a frown once more. This might be harder than the dreamer thought it would be.

~Kara's Links~

Kara's Color Code: color= #cc33ff
    Geralt's Color Code: color= #00cccc
    Masha

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Player -
    Lineage : Avatar of Ilyria
    Guild : Sabertooth
    Mentor : Ruvel
    Experience : 3599

Character Sheet
    Character Name: Masha Dymonrel
    Primary Magic: Translation
    Secondary Magic:

Re: An Unexpected Journey

Post by Masha on 21st July 2018, 5:30 pm

Masha strode through the streets, trying not to give into the urge to grab one of the people whistling at her. Being good was hard. Feeding was becoming a chore rather than a pleasure as she used alternative measures to fill up. The only times she absolutely had to roll in the hay was when she was severely injured. Yet she was too good to be so injured. She tossed her hair over her shoulder. Yes Masha was that good. The thought stopped Masha briefly. Her teeth worried her lower lip. Maybe she should work a little on being humble. Then a dainty lift of her shoulders. Nah. She was already as humble as she could be. Going any further would smother the free spirit that Masha was.

Looking down at her ensemble, Masha adjusted strings at her hips. This wasn't one of her favorite getups but when dealing with the estranged spider princess, one dressed as noble as possible. Or at least slightly veering in the direction of the nobility's culture. Meeting Acantha was a pain anyways. The princess didn't realize that Masha was less inclined to help her out nowadays. Masha shuddered, fingers spreading over her stomach. She had vowed never again to carry another's offspring. The experience had been nightmare inducing. Luckily, Masha had come out on top for that bargain.

A woman passed by as Masha was deep in her thoughts. No. It couldn't be. She whipped around. It was. Masha recognized that figure walking away from her. Hours had been spent memorizing it. Her hands came up to cover her face. Her bracelets dug into her cheek. What was Suki doing here? Why would she show up in the Ace of Spades? Was she lost? Did she need help? Masha's heart gave an unbidden flip. Damn the blasted thing. Suki had broken it. Masha had sworn never again to try and be normal after her. To never put her heart on the line once more. There had been mistakes on both sides. More so on Masha's side but that didn't make the separation any easier. It also didn't stop the pang in Masha's heart seeing her again.

The succubus hurried after her ex. This could end terribly or it could end rather nicely. Masha was hoping for the later but knew things leaned toward the former. Her gloved fingers gently circled around Karasuki's wrist. "Suki..." Masha said softly, her voice trembling. She cleared her throat to try again. "Hiya Suki. Whatcha doing around here? I thought you... I thought you would have gone back to that little bookshop. You loved it there." The bookshop had been where they first met. A bittersweet memory for the succubus now that they'd broken up. "Or do you need the help of Sabertooth? I can help you out if that's the case. I'm with Sabertooth now. Ditched Savage Skull about a month ago now." There was the babbling. It was something she had only ever really done around Suki. She glanced at her chest and grimaced. Her guild tattoo was covered. Thanks to the way the dress was, there was no way to reveal it without being arrested for public nudity. Masha sighed at her misfortune. Perhaps Suki would simply believe her. There was a chance her ex had changed in the last eight months. Masha hoped that the bookworm would believe she was in Sabertooth. Otherwise, they'd have a pissy little librarian in the middle of Ace of Spades.

Jobs in Progress: 3/6

Yuudai

Player -
    Lineage : Power of Apocalypse
    Experience : 206.25

Post by Yuudai on 21st July 2018, 9:42 pm

Yuudai yawned as he moved thru Ace of spades with a bar of steel in his hand and a backpack slung over his shoulder full of supplies, what kind of supplies why for the three children in harnesses around his chest. He had decided to take Lethe Akio and Setsuna for some fresh air as he went to Ace of spades to see how the guild was doing while he was on temporary leave due to his family being started. As he saw a girl with glasses looking around she seemed lost until one of the newer members Masha approached and she seemed to know the girl which made Yuudai decide to go over and introduce himself.

Masha you seem in decent spirits today and who is your friend?” he asked as he looked down at Karasuki and his violet eyes looked at her for a moment as his tails moved behind him fluidly as the triplets stayed asleep until Lethe got squirmy.”Shhh little one its ok Daddys here just go back to sleep” he said softly as he gently touched Lethes cheek with the back of his fingers and the child yawned before she went back to sleep.

Player -

Post by Karasuki on 26th July 2018, 11:54 am

Intense emotions arose within the violet haired woman as a familiar hand took her by the wrist. She stopped in her tracks, hearing the familiar voice softly speak her nickname. It was something only Masha had ever called her, everyone else preferring to use 'Kara' and Masha somehow choosing 'Suki' instead. Geralt took full advantage of the sudden blank out in Karasuki's mind, trilling in Karasuki's head, "She's baaack! And she's with Sabertooth! Oi, ye couldn't make this stuff up! It is too good!" Karasuki knew that Geralt had grown fond of Masha for plenty of shallow reasons and was surely enjoying this. "Look at that dress, mmm, it was a reunion that was just made to be! Damn!" Karasuki gently tugged her wrist away and as soon as she did she felt a wave of regret. Couldn't she just let Masha hold her one more time? Couldn't she just let Masha stroke her hair and take her by the hand? Karasuki spoke softly, her painful recollection of Masha's betrayal bringing her back to the present and to present circumstances between them. They were not friends. They were not anything anymore.

"Hello, Masha," She started and then paused. What was she going to say? For six months, she had not seen the woman's face and yet for six months she dreamed of her former beloved as if the woman was in fact a ghost, haunting her each night. She had grown and worked hard to become her own person, and part of that growth was the development of her own goal to join the guild Sabertooth. And life was so cruel as to set Masha up in the same guild. After all, without knowing Karasuki's desires, there was no way Masha could be lying about that. Geralt laughed at Karasuki's poor luck and Karasuki set her jaw firmly. "I'm still doing this. Not even Masha is going to stop me," She thought to herself. To which Geralt laughed again. Karasuki spoke aloud addressing Masha as calmly as she could, "I suppose you were right all along. When we traveled I realized my place was not inside of the pages of a book, it was real and I had to live it. I am surprised you joined such a prestigious guild, quite proud of you, Masha." It was fairly uncomfortable but the purple haired woman adjusted her red glasses and let out a breath, trying to relax and appear less tense. For someone so flighty and unpredictable it actually was significant that Masha had joined up with a legal guild and Karasuki had to give her due credit even if she was a adulterous heart-breaking harpy.

To Karasuki's great relief, a man with a bar of steel in his hand and triplet infants on his chest approached and asked Masha about herself. He was a bit strange, but then plenty of characters in her books had more odd quirks than he. She looked all the way up at him, feeling shorter than ever. Karasuki lifted her chin, not wanting to seem like she was dependent on Masha especially when she had once been so dependent on Masha. She could talk to strangers, she could introduce herself, and she might even be so bold as to explain that in fact Masha and she were not friends. Yet as soon as Karasuki opened her lips, it never failed her to be kind and polite instead of expressing those dark emotional feelings she had inside. "I am Karasuki Kitsuharu of the Edge of Time bookstore in Oak Town. I have come seeking out the Sabertooth guild as a prospective member. I have magic and I want to use it for something good, something important."

~Kara's Links~

Masha

Character Sheet
    Secondary Magic:

Post by Masha on 28th July 2018, 12:57 pm

Masha felt a well of regret as Karasuki tugged her arm away. Her fingers clenched over the empty space it had left. She had screwed up their relationship. The pang in her breast shouldn't exist nor the yearning to try and fix what had been broken between them. Yet there was no reason to think Karasuki might ever want that. Masha's betrayal had struck deep. It was possible Karasuki wanted absolutely nothing to do with her anymore. Tears stung her eyes but Masha willed them not to fall. Karasuki probably expected a cold hearted bitch. She rubbed the back of her wrist over her mouth. It was lucky that she didn't have to wear makeup, her lips a natural vibrant red. Or not. That could have been manufactured by the scientists too, Masha thought bitterly. Still, she found she couldn't summon up the person Karasuki probably would expect her to be. It wasn't in her anymore to try and fashion herself to other people's whims. There was a deep seated desire to be her own person now.

It was impossible not to flinch at Karasuki's backhanded compliment. She deserved it but damn was it cold. When Masha opened her mouth to reply, Yuudai strolled up. Masha struggled not to shoot an irritated look at the man. She had only met him briefly when she first arrived but hadn't had much interaction with him since then. It was also a struggle not to point out any good spirits she had had vanished with Karasuki's cold reception. After being with her a year, Masha had a good feeling that some nasty thoughts were being shot her way under those kind words. "I'm not sure we qualify as friends, Yuudai. Karasuki is my ex." There was an awkward pause. Where to go from there? She didn't want to touch on Karasuki's desire to join the guild or talk about their past with a relative stranger. Either might get her a couple of scathing comments from the seemingly innocent woman.

She peered at the babies, entranced. They were also a good topic changer. "Your girlfriend give birth, big guy? They are absolutely adorable. Where's mom? What are their names?" Masha wrinkled her nose at the iron bar in his hand. "Do you always carry a giant iron bar around?" There was an urge to coo at the cute creatures but Masha didn't want to be rude and wake them up. That would force Yuudai to take care of all three by himself. Masha wasn't sure if the soft feelings she had curled in her chest were showing on her face. Probably given how open her face usually was. The scientists had always called her an open book. "Sorry for all the questions, big guy. I always wanted kids of my own." Masha patted Yuudai's arm with a smile.

Yuudai

Player -

Post by Yuudai on 28th July 2018, 3:10 pm

Yuudai relized he had made an assumption he shouldn’t have and he rubbed the back of his head before he sighed.”Sorry” he said after a moment before he heard Masha start gushing over the triplets and he smiled a bit.”Yeah Ada gave birth recently and all three of them are healthy, as far as I know Adalinda is currently at work back at the company so I took the kids for some fresh air though hopefully the fact I left a note will save me from any anger pointed my way” he said as he gave a nervous chuckle as he had a feeling Ada was going to be mad at him for taking the kids on such short notice.

As the question of names Yuusai smiled again and he gently pointed to each one.”This one is Aiko and this one is Lethe and the Boy is Setsuna” he explained as the babys stayed asleep as he explained before Masha once again asked another question but this time it involved why he always seemed to have a metal bar with him to which he simple brought the bar up and he bit off a piece of it as he chewed the metal like it was a hard pretzel .”well I am a metal godslayer so its handy to have something on hand incase I get hungry” he explained before he heard Karasuki introduce herself and he bowed to her a bit being careful not to wake the triplets.”It is a pleasure to meet you Karasuki I am Yuudai Ortinbras and I am a member of Sabretooth as well just like Masha, while I cannot grant you access I can lead you to one of our Aces or the guildmaster and have them consider you for our guild if that helps” he offered trying to be helpful to the woman before him. When Masha patted his arm and gave him a smile the Hybrid gave her one right back.”Its alright I don’t mind answering and I am sure eventually you will have kids of your own” he said kindly.

Player -

Post by Karasuki on 8th August 2018, 11:05 am

Karasuki rested her hands in front of her, standing awkwardly to the side as Masha turned her attention to the babies that the male was carrying around. She considered walking away, slipping back into the morning crowds of bustling people in the town, but she didn't want to look rude. It sounded like the man was a new father, not just a babysitter and he proudly explained that the mother had just gave birth. The purple haired woman thought it was odd for him to be toting infants around, but they weren't her infants. It sounded like he did what a typical new father in a book would do, a clueless act of leaving a note. There was no way that this Adalinda woman was going to let him off easy for this one. She watched as he munched on the metal bar in his hand, proclaiming himself to be a godslayer. To that, Karasuki perked up and seemed more interested than before. She had never met a godslayer before! Karasuki smiled when he finally turned towards her.

"Well met, Mr. Ortinbras. I would be grateful to you if you could introduce me to the guild leader or an ace." His bow was a courtesy and so she returned it to him, bowing just a bit more than he had considering he was likely a much higher rank than her. Karasuki felt a series of butterflies in her stomach and put her hands together, using the thumb of her right hand to scratch and dig at the the backs of the fingers on her left hand, a nervous and anxious symptom that wasn't half as subtle as she thought it was. When Yuudai patted Masha's arm and suggested she may yet have kids someday, Karasuki had to force her smile to stay pleasantly upon her face. The thought of Masha moving on and having children kind of got to her, despite the fact that she was moving on as well. For once, Geralt said nothing about this.

~Kara's Links~

Masha

Character Sheet
    Secondary Magic:

Post by Masha on 8th August 2018, 8:12 pm

Masha caught Karasuki's nervous tick. Maybe it was time for her to make her exit. She felt like she had overstayed her welcome with Suki as it was. They would have time to talk if she ended up joining the guild. No need to add more stress to Karasuki trying to join Sabertooth. Yuudai's kindness also wasn't helping Masha. She wasn't used to people being kind to her yet. She managed to smile at Yuudai, masking the pain his words sent lancing through her heart. "I doubt anyone could stand me long enough for us to have kids, Yuudai. I seem to drive away everyone that I care about or that cares about me." Masha struggled not to let tears darken her eyes. She didn't want to let everyone see her breakdown in the middle of the street again. "Well, I'm sure I'm making Su--sorry Karasuki anxious. I did kind of ambush her." Masha held her hand out to Yuudai. "It was a pleasure seeing you again, Yuudai. I hope your girlfriend doesn't strangle you." If Yuudai took her hand or several seconds after offering it to him if he didn't, Masha turned on her heel and disappeared into the crowd. Things were going to get interesting in Sabertooth with Suki around. That was almost guaranteed.

[Exit]

Yuudai

Player -

Post by Yuudai Yesterday at 9:29 pm

At Masha saying that she drove everyone away that she cares about or who care about her Yuudai simply shook his head as he didn’t think it was impossible for her to find someone she just needed to find the right person. As she vanished into the crowd Yuudai looked down at Karasuki and nodded to her before he took another bite of his metal bar.” Very well please follow me” he said as he motioned for her to stay beside him as they went further into the town to a location where they could get to the guild hall.

so Karasuki you said you wanted to join Sabretooth to do something good and important, well you have chosen the right guild, we seek to defend the land from those that would seek to do harm to the innocent. Its one of the reasons I joined since with my build Im better off fighting then most” he explained, not that someone that didn’t have his body type couldn’t fight but since he was born Yuudai had been training and building his strength to make himself better and better as time went on.

Current date/time is 20th August 2018, 3:37 am