Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

A Hunt by Midnight's Light.

Lilim
    Lilim

Heaven's Traitor

Heaven's Traitor

Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- Summer Special Tier 2- Summer Special Tier 1- Summer Special Donor- Summer Special Participant- Player 
    Lineage : Warrior's Heart
    Position : None
    Guild : Lamia Scale
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 1,225

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Takeover: Heaven's Traitor & Hell's Exile (W.I.P.)
    Second Magic: 2nd Gen Shadow Dragon Slayer (W.I.P,)
    Third Magic:

A Hunt by Midnight's Light. Empty A Hunt by Midnight's Light.

Post by Lilim 13th July 2018, 4:07 pm

WC
    0763 words
    TAGGED
    @tagged
    This is where any notes or fancy quotes/song lyrics can go! If you don't need it, simply delete the text within this space. It will scroll if needed.

The request had been vague, noting a bloodsucker in an area, and while groups of hunters were sent, they had yet to return. which was how I found myself in the Cursed Lands, a place far from Magnolia, and farther still from Hargeon. I didn't complain most of the trip, the 13 day trip on foot, because I made it a 3 day trip by flight, bypassing other groups in my haste to get to my goal. it was not like I wanted to get it done, I just wanted to be out of the Cursed Lands, one half of my being overjoyed to be here, and the other half feeling a excessive feeling of permeating peril.

Apparently, this bloodsucker was different from the rest of his or her kind, strong enough to warrant a monster hunter like myself to investigate the matter. It was listed in the House of Lost Souls, a House found in, much to my horror and dismay, the Cursed Lands. This land is off-putting to most normal people, but my body both rejoiced and rejected the magic in the air around me, as I came into view of the House itself. Once, ages ago from the looks of it, the house itself once belonged to a hunter of these creatures, long before his demise. Since then, this newer breed of vampires, dubbed thus by the pitiful hunters with no magic, or more specifically their Leader. The reason they needed a being like me, and (much to my curiosity and annoyance) my compatriot, who was the other person hired onto the job. I flew on for another few minutes before I came to land just inside the barrier, the strange feeling I got from the little bubble thing felt like a shower with cold slime, and it was not pleasant, to say the very least.

I took note of my surroundings with a quick glance all around me, noting the particularly ominous background of our little escapade, taking in the knowledge that: 1, I was currently alone, despite the fact that they said I'd be working with someone, and 2, we were deep into the Cursed lands, and surrounded on all sides by dead looking trees and the deep shadows between them. There seemed to be little I could do to aid my newfound ally, even if I did know where they were. So, I kept to the side of the small porch that overlooked the house's door, and looked out to the macabre spectacle that was the lands around it. Not even the light of the gentle moon was strong enough to pierce the magical darkness that permeated through the lands around me, a deep silver mist obscuring all that I could see within 50 feet around me, so even if I wanted to see beyond the tree line, or into what was once a clear night sky, I'd have to leave the area of the job I was called out to do. So, option #1, out the proverbial window. Then, I could just wait, which seemed like the most likely prospect, despite the loosely tense atmosphere that emanated from the very ground beneath me. Option 3 was the least likely, so I ignored it, despite all it entailed was trying to communicate beyond the bubble, see if anyone was coming. However, willingly reliving that strange magic slime shower was not high on my list of priorities right now. So, I went and did what I wanted to do in the cool sunshine of Hargeon: Nap. I made my way over to the swinging chair that rested on the porch, and rested. It had only been a few minutes before the startlingly close sound of a howl pierced my napping mood, and nap-based energy.

It seemed that the Cursed Lands themselves were unwilling to let a girl get her beauty sleep.

Anyhow, I sat down to wait, and began to hum. It was not the first, nor last time that I would not get the sleep I wished for, as the first signs of footsteps, of dead twigs snapping underfoot, and of dead plant life were audible for what felt like miles around, as I could see no one in the fog. Just my luck, my first foray into one of the most non-welcoming places around would be the first time something attempted to ambush me, and would have been successful. It was only after I began to see something materialize in the fog that I remembered: Hey, I have omnipresent sight magic. Ugh I'm such an idiot.

STATS

HP: 300
    MP: 300
    Current Durations: Spell Name 0/0
    Current Cooldowns: Spell Name 0/0
    Spell1:
    Spell 2:
    Abilities Used:
    Weapons Used:
    ivyleaf33 of FTRP

_____________________________________________________________________________________

A Hunt by Midnight's Light. Z8lAzQC
    Aura Sparks
    Aura Sparks

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Player 
    Lineage : Disparity
    Dungeon Tokens : 5
    Experience : 7,812.5

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Paper Summoning
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

A Hunt by Midnight's Light. Empty Re: A Hunt by Midnight's Light.

Post by Aura Sparks 14th July 2018, 2:02 pm

Aura could feel herself getting sleepy at the time of day it was. However, she didn't really care that much. She knew that she had a job to do, that she would finish. She would not give up just because of a difference in her sleep schedule. She had heard of these "vampires" before, but she thought they were just myths like the ones in her storybook. Either way, she was going to kill this thing before it caused more damage than was needed. Looking around, she felt the cold mist hit her body, as the are began to feel more and more creepy. It was odd, she had never felt such an odd presence before. It was sort of unsettling, especially due to the area she was in. Also, she apparently had a partner in this, who was nowhere to be found. It was odd, she had never had a job like this, where her partner was immediately with her. The only close thing she could think of, was her job with that Fairy Tail mage. What was his name again...Haru...that's what it must've been. At least, that's what she thought it was. As she shook her head of these random thoughts, she decided to center herself around her storybook. Flipping through it, she decided that it was time to read more into the story of Medusa. She knew the basics of it, but with this storybook, the more you read it, the more you learn. One page held the unlimited amounts of variations within the area of the character. As Aura looked through it, she began to research what made Medusa tick. She hadn't really got too much into it before, especially because she didn't want to madden her in anyway. However, now was as good as a time as ever to actually dig into how Medusa acted.

As she searched through the book, she looked ahead to see some sort of shadow. It wasn't human though, it seemed to be some sort of object. She began to walk closer and closer to it, wondering what it was. All of a sudden, she tripped over the thing she had seen from before. Odd, Aura was sure that the shadow was farther away than Aura had seen. She shook her head, wondering what exactly she had tripped over. Upon further investigation, it seemed to be a bench. She began looking up it, a bit more every few seconds, until she reached the very top of it. With a loud scream, she saw what looked like a female on the bench, laid out as though she had been sleeping there. She felt a sudden rush of fear fall onto her eyes as she saw that the body laying there was in fact a corpse. On the right side of her neck, she saw what looked like 2 bite marks in her neck. As Aura began running away from the body, she saw a house. One she had not seen before. On the porch of it, was a girl, sitting up. With both fear and question mixed into her eyes, Aura walked over to the girl slowly, wondering if this was like the other girl. With a quiet mutter, "Could this really be another corpse?" Aura began walking to it slower and slower, wondering what was to come.

wc:557
    tc:557/4000

_____________________________________________________________________________________

A Hunt by Midnight's Light. HWW2YtMM_o

Active Jobs:
    Lilim
    Lilim

Heaven's Traitor

Heaven's Traitor

Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- Summer Special Tier 2- Summer Special Tier 1- Summer Special Donor- Summer Special Participant- Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Post by Lilim 15th July 2018, 4:10 pm

WC
    WC525 TWC1288/4000 words
    TAGGED
    @tagged
    This is where any notes or fancy quotes/song lyrics can go! If you don't need it, simply delete the text within this space. It will scroll if needed.

You gotta love it when a plan comes together. I sat in that spot, the same swinging bench, stock still, concentrating the magic in my blood to create the form of Iktomi's power from his essence laced into Arachne's blood, making several eyes appear in a blink, before I heard the nigh stereotypical sound of a twig snap. Something near me either fell upon it with considerable force, or they stepped on it, allowing me to relish in the fact that the mist around me screwed up a potential ambusher. I shut the eyes conjured by the magic of Iktomi, and stretched out the eyes into the fog, each seemingly unperturbed by the mystical mist that blocked my eyes earlier, though the same congruence in terms of how far each of these eyes can see. I first started by stretching the magical eyes in every direction, give me a general sense of where everything was, looking out for my safety, and hopefully, find my ally. It didn't take long to find the streaking figure of color in this nigh colorless, desolate place. The blue of her skirt and jacket contrasted the darkness, and the white shirt definitely contrasted alongside the previous. However, I found the query of my search within moments of looking at them.

I laughed, because I found it weird that such a person, a guild mage of such color was here, and wearing tennis shoes, though my choice of attire may have been strange too, but at least my symbol wasn't immediately visible. However, I was glad, as she wasn't the worst sort, as she came across a dead body on a bench, visibly drained of their Vitae. I quickly changed my appearance, re-coloring my skin to its usual pale, though keeping the fire hair, a favorable color in my eyes. I ruffled my leather jacket, dusted off my black denim jeans, and made sure my hair was up into a slightly off-kilter ponytail. The Sports bra underneath my jacket provided me with no armor, certainly, but the comfortable demon made steel-silk material that my seamstress wove into it was a favorite piece of several outfits. I recalled the magical eyes now that I knew where the figure was coming from, I kept my eyes closed, even the magical ones so that they minor ripples in the air that someone would have to be a strong mage to notice, until I finally heard the heavy thudding footfalls of (presumably) their approach.

When I heard the muttering of "another corpse." I flicked open the eyes on the left side of my face, the ones on the left side of my face, from forehead to cheek, and the one on my neck, giggling lightly in my mind, before saying: "Sorry, not dead just yet. I presume you're my ally for this mission? Name's Isabella. Nice to meet you." I then stood unceremoniously, dusting myself off yet again, and extending a hand. My face contorted into a smirk, as the scar impeded the muscles on the left side of my mouth from pulling the corner of my mouth up. "You ready to get this done?"

STATS

HP: 300
    MP: 280/300
    Current Durations: Arachne Partial Takeover - Aspect of: Iktomi, Spirit of Tricks and Fun 3/3
    Current Cooldowns: Spell Name 0/0
    Spell1:
    Spell 2:
    Abilities Used:
    Weapons Used:
    ivyleaf33 of FTRP

Aura Sparks
    Aura Sparks

Character Sheet
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Aura Sparks 18th July 2018, 9:02 pm

Aura backed a way a tiny bit as the girl began talking to her. With a silent chuckle to herself, Aura realized that the girl wasn't a corpse like previously assumed. As Aura got closer to her, she realized that this girl must've been the ally she had been partnered up with. It was odd, to see the girl just sitting on the porch like that. For all she knew, that alleged vampire could've sucked her blood right then and there. Either way, Aura greeted the partner with open arms. She could sense that the girl was obviously not weak, so she had hope that both of them could work together just fine. As Aura looked at the girl, and said to the girl with a smile, "My name is Aura Sparks, nice to meet you as well." With a tiny hand shake, Aura said to her with a joyful tone in her voice(mostly to hide her actual fear), "Yep, I guess we should go inside now. Hopefully we can get this done over with quickly!" Aura looked at the door and saw that it seemed old. Not old as in the fact that it was actually old, but that it looked like it hadn't been opened in a while. As Aura reached for the door knob, she began to open it and heard a loud creak coming from the knob as she twisted it. Her ears felt like they were dying from pain, even as she opened the door. Everything about this door screamed to Aura that no one had dared gone in this house besides them. That did not seem very promising to her, so she just slowly walked in, hoping her ally wouldn't notice her fear that she felt with every footstep.

Looking around, she saw that the house was made with some sort of black wood. It seemed to be very sleek and polished. She looked up to see a chandelier. With that, something had just ticked off Aura's senses. Looking up, she realized that the candles on the object were lit up with a flame. However, something was causing them to shine dimly, or not at all. As something around her creaked, she heard a loud voice yell in some sort of foreign language. Aura felt chills down her back as the angry voice yelled aloud. She wondered if her ally could hear them to, but yet again, Aura wondered if she was just going crazy. Everything around her had probably put her into an amount of shock, or so she thought. As she turned around to Isabella, she asked her with a slight(but hopefully not noticeable) tone of fear in her voice, "Is it just me or is that some sort of weird and slightly creepy voice I hear. Please tell me you hear it too and I'm not just crazy." Aura was hoping this wouldn't be her horrible ever after, because no one deserved to be trapped in a haunted house forever. At least, not while they are insane.

wc:507
    tc:1064/4000

Active Jobs:
    Lilim
    Lilim

Heaven's Traitor

Heaven's Traitor

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Post by Lilim 26th July 2018, 7:50 pm

Whispers. It's always the bloody whispers. At least I'm not the only one to hear them. "Aura", the companion I was to work with, heard them too. Though, honestly, the shouting of this ephemeral being would be hard to miss in the bustle of Hargeon. However, my benign cynicism aside, I pat Aura on their shoulder with a nod, a terse and tense nod, with all of my eyes peering off in the eight different directions necessary to make sure that... no one sneaks up on us. It was a headache, working with 6 new sources of visual information, but it made for a useful tool and trickery companion.

Flicking my eyes in as many directions as I could, I noticed the wooden structure of the house was old, termite eaten, and filled to the brim in every corner and on every piece of furniture with silken spider strands. Yet, the house seemed sleek, for how run-down it was. I took yet another step into the room, the wooden beams creaking and groaning under my feet, "Fuck this shit right now. I hate this." Every single one of my nerves was on fire with paranoia. It made me want to leave, and go home. I want to sleep, in a nice fluffy bed or underneath the shaded tree in Hargeon, or in the branches of the tree layer on the new continent owned by Lamia Scale, Pandora. Those things sound a-mazing. Being here, that was a no. No on soooooooo many levels. But, I kept on moving. No matter how I felt, it was a job, and doing a job that is challenging is the best way to take a suuuuper long nap. So, I opened the left hand door, to a long hallway, filled on all sides of doors, all with a monstrous door knocker.

Each step I took in this house made my blood sing and scream, each door to an empty room, or a long unused room making me tense with each shock of emptiness. It felt like an empty mansion, though I did take a small mirror, and a seemingly crushed black crystal that reformed into a partially shattered crystal with a flat piece, like something had split it cleanly down. I pocketed it into my messenger bag, and each piece disappeared with an eldritch sucking noise into my very... colorfully decorated bag. I moved past Aura with a tense, brisk pace; and moved out of the hallway. Each creaking step breeding anxiety in me, yet nothing appearing, as far as I could see. I shook for a moment, growling under my breath, before moving up the smooth, but age eaten wooden stairs. I made it to the first landing, before I activated the magic of Anasi, each of my joints popping out of place before hardening into the separated joints that I have grown used to. I felt my neck, the final joint, as always, popping out from the shoulders and separating the head. I popped the head back into place before looking back to Aura, neck unturned, but head pointed toward my companion, saying: "I'm going upstairs. You can follow me, or look around down here."
    WC: 534
    TWC: 1822/4000

HP:300/300
    MP: 260/300

Aura Sparks
    Aura Sparks

Character Sheet
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Aura Sparks 3rd August 2018, 6:26 pm

Aura looked over to the lady in front of her as she saw plate like things pop out of her skin. Was it some sort of armor, or maybe something that was just for aesthetics? Aura had no clue, but it sort of creeped out Aura. Although she wanted to ask about it, she decided to leave it be for now. Before she answered the girl, Aura asked her to wait a few minutes before she went up with her. Aura had to do something important before she actually went up to see the scary vampire(s). As she walked over to a corner, she began to kneel down as she unhooked her book from her belt and enlarged it from its miniature form. She began to flip the pages, making sure not to accidentally skip the needed page. After only a minute or two, she found the one page that she had desperately needed. As she put 2 fingers onto the page, her hand began to phase through it. Trying to reach for the right place, she felt it. The cold metal touched her hand as she pulled it out, seeing the silver key. As she raised it into the air, she called upon her summon, ""From the gates of stories, open gate of the fearful, Gingerbread Man." As the silver key shone out a bright light, the gingerbread man began to form right in front of her. She knelt down towards him, saying, "Hey Gingy, I need you to do what you do best, and scout the downstairs for me. If you get scared, you can come up stairs. You know where I will be, so once you see something strange or odd, come and tell me. Be safe for me, please." With that, Aura stood up and looked over to Lilim and said that she was ready.

As Aura walked up the stairs, she felt every muscle in her body screech in fear as the wood creaked beneath her feet. Trying to hope nothing bad happens, Aura closed her eyes. As she walked to the very top step, she opened them and looked ahead to see a hallway with the sleek black wood from before. Looking around, there were 3 rooms to her left and 2 to her right. The upper floor of the mansion didn't seem to be as plentiful in rooms as the bottom, which was odd. Aura didn't feel like it was the time to notice small things like that, so she looked over to Lilim and asked her, "So, which room should we go to? I honestly have no idea, except that I would rather pick a room we would not die in." With that, Aura did a small smile from her joke and rubbed the back of her head. As her hand slumped down, she let Lilim actually answer the question, so they would have some sort of idea on where to go to.

wc:492
    tc:1556/4000

Active Jobs:

Current date/time is 28th March 2024, 9:42 am