Primary Magic: Silvertongue
Secondary Magic: (Must be filled in later. Magic you bought at the store goes here)
Magic Type: Summoning
Description: A magic whose origins are unclear, those with the gift of the Silvertongue have the unique ability to read items, powers, and fictional characters out of text. A Silvertongue can read things out of books as long as they're reading from written words. It was initially thought as a mage strictly reading from books, however a Silvertongue is able to bypass this and add minor or major details to what the books have within, provided that the mage adds a separate sheet or sheets with their own words into the book and from there reading from it. This magic appears like a gift to those who have it. From where this power is given is unknown, but it seems to choose on very rare occasion a person with a love for books to entrust the power to. Accompanying each spell and summon are colored swirls of light or balls of glittering power which fade out to reveal the item or person summoned.
Karasuki discovers that she is a Silvertongue at a young age while reading to Isadora, her adoptive mother, in the bookstore. At the age of five, she read out Red Riding Hood’s beautiful red cape as her first time in magically reading out items from the books around her. As she grew up she used the magic often, drawing out special strawberry cream cakes for Isadora’s birthday, a blue and white porcelain tea set, a basket of fresh baked bread, newly made leather shoes, and once she even called out unique jewelry to sell and help maintain the costs of running a bookshop. Isadora warned her of using her magic powers in such ways and gave her strict rules to not read items out of books that she did not need, saying that in life the only way to succeed was to work very hard for what you wanted. Isadora emphasized on independent work ethic in the shop and taught Karasuki how to use her hands and her mind before using her gift.
At 10 years old, Karasuki was wrapped up in an incredible story and managed to read out just the soul of the villain. The villain’s soul was trapped within her own body and she learned the hard way that ignoring Isadora’s warnings were for her own safety. Karasuki however practices in safe small amounts and discovered that she could read out living organisms, creatures, and characters as well as read them back into the story. Karasuki practiced small and became adept at summoning items and characters from scripts but was never able to repair her mistake with the villain’s soul living inside of her. Presently, Karasuki uses her Silvertongue magic to summon things to defend or protect her and those around her which can include weapons and magical items. She desperately wants to prevent unnecessary death and summons healing items from her books when needed. If she has to use an attack, Karasuki summons powerful protagonists as champions. When summoning characters, Karasuki is careful to always read them back into the book or text she read them out of. When that doesn’t work, she may use the very ink from the page of a book or scroll in an ink based attack to escape or temporarily poison an enemy. Her goal isn’t to kill, but to protect and keep those around her alive and safe. With a gift like hers, she doesn’t believe in sitting inside repairing books anymore, but going out into the world and using it as a power of good.
For summoning, Karasuki has a handmade book filled with pages that represent the exact copy, perfect forgeries of pages from a multitude of books. She did this for convenience of not carrying many many books around but also to keep all of her precious books at home in tact. Most summons she can now recite from memory, but the book makes her feel close to them and ensures that she will never forget the words which bring them out into reality.
- Karasuki can summon objects and weapons using her magic to help defend, protect, navigate, or survive in the world.
- Karasuki can summon a high variety of characters with various abilities to support her and allies in times of need.
- Karasuki has to read her living summons back into the text by the end of a thread or cannot use those summons for her next thread.
- Karasuki’s summons, both objects/weapons and living characters have a limited duration which depend on her MP. This can leave her quite vulnerable.
- Karasuki’s summons are weak to either water or fire, as are most texts (unless otherwise stated within a spell) and her ink based spells/abilities are destroyed and diluted in water.
- Lineage Details:
- Bookish Beckoning: Karasuki can use her knowledge of her summons and their respective texts and call forth a user rank version of the weapons or items the character may own. There are no magical abilities tied to them as it is just a way to arm herself with basic weaponry or items if deemed necessary. This does not put her summons on cooldown since no actual summoning has taken place. If destroyed, it takes 2 posts before she can beckon another.
- Ink Buffer: Karasuki can bring forth clouds of ink into the area to hide and protect the user. This is effectively used to cloud the area in order to give Karasuki an opportunity to prepare an attack, protect allies, or move. It renders her and up to one other allied target (including summons) in her burst range as invisible. This can be applied once every five posts within a thread and can affect the allies within burst range of the user. This buffer ends at the start of a spell being cast, a summon being summoned, or a physical attack being made, or if a hit lands on the user/target.
- Fictional Fortitude: Karasuki's summons all come from texts and the perk of being from a fictional world is the characters tend to have more stamina and higher survival rates. Her summons have 50% additional points of HP and if Karasuki spends 15% of her HP, the summon's duration increases by 1 Post for a maximum of 1 extra post.
- Tasuki Shun'u:
Name: Tasuki Shun'u
Type: Offensive, Fire, Summon
Damage: 5 HP
Duration: 3 Posts
Cooldown: 4 Posts
Description: Karasuki may read directly from the book or quote a line from it in order to summon Tasuki to her side: "And he brought forth his Iron Fan shouting 'Rekka Shinen'!" Wearing a large dark green coat, a grey scarf, and usually with his companion weasel (a non combat pet with no magical abilities) named Genro, Tasuki appears before Karasuki in a blaze of golden and purple swirls and sparkles. He has wavy dirty blonde hair past his ears and his personality includes being incredibly snarky, joking too much, and making inappropriate comments. He shows himself to be surly most of the time, often complains, and keeps saying that he hates women. But in reality, he's one of the bravest and kindest people, who can meet any obstacle without doubt of his own ability. He will fight to the end and has incredible loyalty when it really matters. In his story, he is the leader of a group of bandits and despite being often aligned with evil tends to be the only source of honor in the mountain bandit clans. As Karasuki's favorite character from that book, she just had to meet him and they built up a great relationship eventually.
Rekka Shinen - Active - Tasuki wields a magical Iron Fan that shoots flames outward as he waves it around. It can form a curved flying blade, a small fireball, even a wall. Whatever shape he chooses to expel the blaze from out of his Iron Fan, the fire deals D rank damage (40 HP) per use, with a speed/range of 60m, functioning as a single target spell. This has a duration of 3 posts and a cooldown of 4 posts.
Misogynist - Passive - Except for Karasuki, whom he views like a little sister, Tasuki has a strong dislike of women. Due to abuse, betrayal, and heartbreak he has become so disillusioned that his speed and magical damage increase by 25% each if in the presence of a female (ally or enemy, Karasuki does not count).
- Tasuki is a strong and fast fighter with an impressive magical weapon, his great skill used to attack enemies or defend Karasuki as she desires.
- Tasuki becomes stronger with women around him.
- Tasuki is completely terrified of water in cases of magical attacks, moving rivers, or the ocean (only excluding rain) because of his inability to swim and his experiences of being tortured in his world. He will willfully refuse to fight or be summoned in cases where the location or enemy has a large amount of water involved.
- Tasuki doesn't actually like to fight or use his flames to kill unless he has to. He prefers using them for entertainment so if used too often, Tasuki will take a personal vacation and refuse to respond to Karasuki's summons.
Color code= # cc3300
- Kuma Fairies:
Name: Kuma Fairies: Kojo, Jojo, Tojo, Hojo
Type: Supportive, Healing, Summon
Damage: 5 HP (Heal)
Duration: 3 Posts
Cooldown: 4 Posts
Description: Karasuki may read directly from the book or quote a line from it in order to summon Kuma Fairies to her side: "When the battle looked at its most grim, the warrior barely able to stand, the Kuma Fairies appeared to heal her wounds."or "The warrior princess thanked each of them in turn: Kojo, Jojo, Tojo, and Hojo!" In a blaze of golden sparkles, amidst the light, four chubby panda fairies appear by Karasuki's side. The size of panda bear cubs but with sparkling green dragonfly wings, the Kuma fairies were guardians of a temple in a land of Frost in their story. To those pure of heart and to those with kindness, the Kuma fairies always seemed to appear to provide restorative qualities. They enjoy flying, playing, cuddling, and have a whimsical mystical air about them. Kojo, Jojo, Tojo, and Hojo are all siblings and work well together. The only detectable difference is their eye color and personalities. Kojo is the laziest and has stark white eyes and sclera, Jojo is the leader and is usually the first to complete tasks and has sky blue eyes and sclera, Tojo is aggressive and fast with bright red eyes and sclera, and finally Hojo is the most gentle with brown eyes and sclera. The Kuma do not speak but may attempt to communicate through grunts, growls, and squeaks as well as physical body language. Karasuki summoned these fairies once in the park, trying to help her "new friends" after they were injured throwing metal loops onto stakes within the ground. Her attempt to make friends appeared thwarted when the children ran away from her, but the Kuma fairies were there instead to bring Karasuki comfort.
HP: 50 total, or 12.5 each
Healing Paws - Active - The Kuma fairies can fly as directed and provide D rank healing to those that they touch. The healing power is divided among the Kuma fairies equally and can provide small bits of healing to multiple targets or a single small heal to one target. This has a duration of 1 post and a cooldown of 2 posts.
Kuma Boost - Passive - The Kuma fairies provide a health regeneration of 5% per every other post towards Karasuki alone, in order to make sure that she above all others in the area is not left unattended to (Karasuki is likely to have them heal others before herself that is, so this passive is their way of giving her healing regardless of who their active ability is directed to).
- The Kuma fairies can spread their healing to multiple targets or give health all to a single target. The total health healed is spread equally through the fairies and is equal to D rank (40HP).
- The Kuma fairies can provide a decreased spell cost as a passive ability.
- The Kuma Fairies take double damage from fire spells.
- Depending on the situation, some of the Kuma fairies may get distracted or fail to follow directions of who to heal.
Color code= # 00ff66
- Aurelia Aurita:
Name: Aurelia Aurita
Type: Defensive, Effects, Summon
Damage: Deals no Damage
Range: 30m (AoE range)
Duration: 3 Posts
Cooldown: 4 Posts
Description: Karasuki may read directly from the book or quote a line from it in order to summon Aurelia to her side: "To achieve the power to protect the sacred conch, young Aurelia had to give up her voice." When Aurelia appears it is in a water-like swirl of golden and purple light. Aurelia is the main character in a story which takes place within multiple underwater kingdoms. Aurelia Aurita is a young 14 year old with pale grey-blue skin which glows a sparkling blue light. She has thick wavy purple hair, wide purple eyes, and wears dresses with a lot of flow and frill to them. In her underwater kingdom, the person who wins a challenge in a large competition makes a joint contract with the Moon Jellies who protect the kingdom from harm. In exchange for her voice, as a winner she was the chosen one to protect the kingdom's sacred conch and given a fusion with a Moon Jelly being. This fusion granted Aurelia, whom Karasuki sometimes refers to as "Moon" with helpful defensive abilities. When Aurelia first gave up her voice, she really struggled with loneliness so Karasuki summoned her in order to keep her company and show her that she could handle the job of protecting the sacred conch and still have fun
Bioluminescent Reflection - Active - Aurelia can activate the powers of the Moon Jelly with ease in her kingdom, but in the real world she needs an extra MP cost. If Karasuki pays the MP cost, Aurelia can reflect a single user rank spell back to its user with an impressive bioluminescent light show surrounding the Moon Jelly's bell and tentacles. This has a duration of 1 post and a cooldown of 2 posts.
Bell Defense - Passive - Aurelia has fused with a large Moon Jelly and its enormous bell is flexible and highly mobile with the young woman. The bell of the jelly can work like a shield and block 1 D rank damage per post.
- Aurelia can block D rank damage as a shield once per post for the duration of her stay.
- Aurelia can use the Moon Jelly power to reflect a spell back upon their users.
- Aurelia is unable to speak and exchange information to Karasuki in a timely fashion.
- Karasuki has to pay MP to help Aurelia negate or reflect spells, this is not something the young summon can do on her own.
Color code= # 0066ff
- Ryokō Rikuden:
Type: Teleport, Offensive, Summon
Damage: 5 HP
Duration: 3 Posts
Cooldown: 4 Posts
Description: Karasuki may read directly from the book or quote a line from it in order to summon Ryokō to her side: "Resting a hand on his comrade's shoulder he replied, 'There is no such thing as a perfect person. That is why we can't live alone, no da!'" A sugegasa appears to poof before her with a small cloud and Ryokō appears, the hat riding above as if he came from inside of it all along, standing usually in a pose with his hand in a position for concentrating chi energy. He has bluish purple hair, long bangs, long length, and shaved in some places in the most unusual manner. He is very friendly and positive but a large scar over his eye indicates experience with fighting. Ryokō wears purple and white monk's clothing, wields a shakujo staff, and is adorned with red prayer beads around his neck. The man is young though seemingly wise beyond his years, acting as the main adviser to an emperor in his story. Ryokō strongly prefers not to fight, though does believe that fighting is sometimes the only way to do justice. Karasuki summoned him when she needed good advice for dealing with Geralt and now often turns to him when she needs solace or advice. Ryokō enjoys being able to listen and offer his perspective but often times he does not give real advice, merely leading a person into discovering answers for themselves.
HP: 50 total
Chi Energy Force - Active -Ryokō can use his staff to deal normal melee damage if required, but his use of chi energy as a force is much more effective. It appears like a 360 degree translucent blue shield around him or around one ally and expands rapidly in order to deal spell damage in a burst radius. For this, he assumes a concentrating pose with his hand in a specific orientation. This has a duration of 1 post and a cooldown of 2 posts.
Sugegasa Teleport - Active -Ryokō's sugegasa conical hat is something he always carries or wears. When needed he can slip away using the hat as a quick teleport in burst range. The hat can also enlarge to take up to two people with him in this teleport, provided that they are touching Ryokō. The sugegasa appears to drop downward and the vanish in a poof of cloud, and the people seem to absorb into the hat until it appears somewhere else in a reverse manner. This has a duration of 1 post and a cooldown of 2 posts.
- Ryokō can teleport himself or allies out of danger.
- Ryokō has a 360 degree translucent burst attack which deals damage.
- The teleport Ryokō uses only works within burst range and may not help avoid sudden or long range attacks.
- Ryokō will want to be sure that fighting is unavoidable before proceeding to fight, often choosing to simply negotiate or flee with Karasuki over being violent.
Color code= # cc99ff
- Gornik the Glacier Dwarf D+:
Name: Gornik the Glacier Dwarf
Damage: 7.5 HP
Duration: 5 Posts
Cooldown: 6 Posts
Description: Karasuki may read directly from the book or quote a line from it in order to summon Gornik to her side: "All he had left was his Kaldurian Battle-hammer and a tankard of ale to fend off his woes!" Gornik appears in the blink of an eye,a flash of dark purple, no sparkles or fanfare. He wears full plate armor or thick clothing with many belts and buckles; his attire is good for forging weapons, for fighting dark elves, undead and orcs. Originally a blacksmith in his story who lost his family and forge in conflict, Gornik was forced into the military to protect his city from hordes of undead and orcs. He is a strong leader with a bitter heart, always ready to fight for what is right but just as willing to give a gruff argument. Gornik has a special warhammer which he crafted himself out of legendary Kaldurian ore. He tends to be chaotic, disliking laws, and despite his good battle skills, he would prefer to be in his forge. Gornik is a heavy drinker and might be summoned while under the influence already. Karasuki summoned him because she had questions about forging weapons and was curious to hear his life story. Gornik treats her like his daughter and is very protective and stern with her.
HP: 75 total
Scourgeborne the Kaldurian Hammer - Active - Gornik made his hammer from Kaldurian ore, a special and mythical ore only able to be seen by dragon-bloods and those with dwarf ancestry and is thus invisible to others. The handle is made of a sturdy magical steel and can be seen by anyone. Named for its creation before the greatest battle of his story, the hammer has the power to deal user rank spell damage once per post, dealing regular melee damage for multiple strikes. This has a duration of 4 posts and a cooldown of 5 posts.
Frostbitten Aura - Passive - Because Gornik is by heritage a Glacier dwarf residing in the snow tundra, he has a general aura of cold around his body. Those within burst range (15m) of him feel the cold, which does act as a subtle warning, but those closer than 10m of him have a nasty surprise waiting: becoming paralyzed by the cold for 1 post. This aura actually has only a 50% chance to hit if something comes in that close (coin flip).
- Gornik's hammer deals strong damage and is invisible to all except those with dragon or dwarf blood, or magical based sight.
- Gornik can cause paralysis by cold for a single post if someone stands or moves too close.
- Gornik takes double damage from fire spells or non magical fire attacks.
- Because of his aura, Gornik cannot stand close to other summons or allies and is more vulnerable standing alone.
Color code= # 99ccff
Last edited by Karasuki on 21st July 2018, 11:50 am; edited 5 times in total