Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Glacial Gardening (Cave of the Hitodama: Deadly Moss)

Leona Jarnefeldt
    Leona Jarnefeldt

Main Account- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Rising Star- Guild Master- Neutral Guild Ace- Z-Rank- Y-Rank- X-Rank- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- EXP Grinder- Jewel Grinder- Working Together- Forever Solo- Christian Minecraft Server- I Have Friends...- Hired Help- Idolize- The Completionist- Achiever- Expert Achiever- Buddy Buddy- Obligatory Beach Episode- Sticking Around- Loyal to the Bone- Taskmaster- Halloween Social - Halloween job event participant - Richie Rich- Rich- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500] - Novice [250]- 3rd Place Event/Contest Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Summer Special Participant- Player 
    Lineage : Nemean Lion
    Position : Saint of Courage
    Faction : The Luminous Covenant
    Guild : Silver Wolf [Guild Master]
    Cosmic Coins : 215
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : N/A
    Experience : 11,344,090

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Wind Strike Magic
    Second Magic: Wind Summon Magic
    Third Magic:

Glacial Gardening (Cave of the Hitodama: Deadly Moss) Empty Glacial Gardening (Cave of the Hitodama: Deadly Moss)

Post by Leona Jarnefeldt 12th June 2018, 10:54 pm

After returning from the unpleasant but necessary business at the Abandoned Cabin in the Cursed Lands, Leona took a day off to heal her leg and prepare for the next job. She also acquired a wall mount for Kasim's Ram Dao, her newest weapon. Something about mounting it on a wall felt wrong, but a weapons rack felt impersonal. It was hard to explain. Maybe one day she could come up with the words for how it made her feel.

Leona checked over her gear. Unlike with jobs in more temperate climates, she could not afford to wing it. She had to have everything she needed with her because the Silent Glaciers did not have a convenient supply store to get necessities if any were left behind.

She had on an insulated orange jacket over a long-sleeved olive green t-shirt and khaki cargo pants with boots. She had her backpack with water, food, and extra clothing. She had a study glass jar to hold the sample of the deadly weed she and Morrigan were sent to retrieve. She also had a pair of insulated gloves and a white mask to protect her face from the worst of the cold.

For the last item she her desert cloak in her pack if it was needed. None of the colors of her outfit were coordinated, but that was not the point. The blonde wanted to stand out so that she could be found if she and Haley got separated. Just like in the desert, things rarely went well for people who got separated. Aside from dying of hypothermia, the danger of animal attacks and dehydration were only two of the many ways isolated travelers could die in the frozen wilderness.

One last item was needed. Leona grabbed the ram dao off of her room wall and hefted it onto her shoulder. She wanted to try her new weapon in the field.

She waited in the guild hall foyer for Haley. It was a good thing that Leona would be working with a guildmate for this job. Leona might need the help. She was also glad for the company. That was one reason she joined a guild to start with.

Leona wanted the safety and support of a guild. Silver Wolf had provided it. She had a safe place to call home and a group of good acquaintances who were on the edge of becoming friends. There were also interesting jobs that only guilds had access to. All in all, Leona did not regret her choice to join a guild.

That reminded her... where was Haley?

[Word Count: 433]
    Morrigan
    Morrigan

Haiku Contest Participant- Player 
    Lineage : None
    Position : None
    Guild : Silver Wolf
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Experience : 1,831

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Book of Legends
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Glacial Gardening (Cave of the Hitodama: Deadly Moss) Empty Re: Glacial Gardening (Cave of the Hitodama: Deadly Moss)

Post by Morrigan 13th June 2018, 9:27 am

Quietly the morning dew sets in on a flower which bears cotton beneath its petals. Gently a fair hand plucks the cotton, avoiding removing the petal itself. The hand then brings the cotton into a woven basket. With a cold breath sigh, the air turning the warm breath to a cloudy mist, the sun rises above the peaks of the mountains, cloudy fog and tree canopies. Haley takes in the rays and puts the basket into her suitcase. Her eyes gaze upon the flowers. They were named Fleece Flower. A rather uncommon flower, for they only grew in cold fertile soil. Their adaptibility to the cold allowed them to grow in otherwise unhabitable areas with untapped ariable land. Haley observed the cotton underneath to be a product of unknown process, and that it has the consistency of fleece, the weight of silk and thee comfort of teddy bear stuffing. It worked well as a sweater. It was like being in a barn full of sheep in winter.

Haley then looks rather daze. She had forgotten something but what it was, never seemed to settle as a clear answer. Feeling like the guild would help trigger the memory, she returns to it. Thank god for the forest or Haley would be curled up in a ball in a field of Fleece Flowers. Soon, Haley reaches the doors and enters, just to walk into Leona, who looks all ready for an adventure. In fact that sword she is hefting is definitely not one for a casual exploration of a jungle to find a lost city. Nor one with big boulders. It clicks.

"H-hey Leona! I'm surprised to see you already ready! Um well look at the time," A wrist watch materializes in her hand, and no it is not magic, it is... her skin morphing into a watch. Wait does that make it an actual biological clock? The watch disappears and Haley walks out the guild hall, muttering to herself how she almost forgot.

And soon, with the power of plot, they have arrived in the shivering cold that is their guild location. Haley has the sweater made of Fleece Flower on her, and a large wooden club with cloth wrapped around it. Two curved knives hung from her waist, next to a bunch of crystal gems. Putting her arms on her chest, she tries to not let her agoraphobia get to her. It is going to be nice and small inside the cave, that is good.

"Well Leona, let us set up camp, and we need to discuss our routes of access," Haley turns to face her companion. "Can't say it is going to be a smooth one, for... one no maps I could find of the cave..."

Word Count: 457

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Leona Jarnefeldt
    Leona Jarnefeldt

Main Account- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Rising Star- Guild Master- Neutral Guild Ace- Z-Rank- Y-Rank- X-Rank- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- EXP Grinder- Jewel Grinder- Working Together- Forever Solo- Christian Minecraft Server- I Have Friends...- Hired Help- Idolize- The Completionist- Achiever- Expert Achiever- Buddy Buddy- Obligatory Beach Episode- Sticking Around- Loyal to the Bone- Taskmaster- Halloween Social - Halloween job event participant - Richie Rich- Rich- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500] - Novice [250]- 3rd Place Event/Contest Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Summer Special Participant- Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Glacial Gardening (Cave of the Hitodama: Deadly Moss) Empty Re: Glacial Gardening (Cave of the Hitodama: Deadly Moss)

Post by Leona Jarnefeldt 13th June 2018, 10:52 pm

After a lengthy hike in the cold, Leona and Morrigan were standing outside the cave. It was located near a frozen delta that faced the ocean. The Silent Glaciers region was undoubtedly harsh, but it had a strange beauty to it. The glaciers floating in the nearby ocean were something to behold. They were like pale ships floating on the water. Leona had never seen anything like it before.

She was so enthralled by floating glaciers that she had almost missed what Haley had suggested. Her guildmate suggested that they establish a base camp before doing anything else. Leona could agree with that. Haley also suggested discussing their ways into the cave.

"I agree, Haley. We need a base camp. We just need to find a good place for it first." Leona voiced her agreement. The wind began to pick up, but Leona was well-prepared for cold weather. The only item she had forgotten to purchase was polarized goggles. The sun was reflecting off of the snow and ice and it was painful to look around, but she did her best to take a look at their surroundings. She then turned back to Haley.

"The terrain looks kinda flat. Not too many hills to build a camp in front of. It'd be nice if we had a way to keep the wind off of us." Leona opined. The wind was the worst part of the experience so far. It dried her eyes out and made seeing difficult. In that respect it was not much different from Desierto. There the wind kicked up dust clouds that hurt the eyes and made seeing for any appreciable distance nearly impossible.

"I also forgot to buy a tent while I was preparing for the job. I didn't know we were going to set up a base camp." Leona lamented. She was accustomed to doing jobs by herself. She was unaccustomed to working with a companion. Still, she would manage. This was one time when having a partner was not a bad thing.

"At least I brought enough water for the both of us. I also brought my own jar to hold the sample I came here to get. I brought a spare change of clothes. I even brought my knife because getting the sample with this sword would be... difficult." Leona listed off the items she did bring. Maybe Haley would not think that Leona was a total dimwit for forgetting to bring a tent. Next time she went on a long-distance trip she really needed to remember to bring a portable shelter.

[Word Count: 430]
    Morrigan
    Morrigan

Character Sheet
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Morrigan 15th June 2018, 1:15 pm

Haley shivered as the winds blew past her. Even sometimes she forgets that some of her clothes is still just her skin morphed. While they do provide the protection of clothing, they are still attached to every nerve in her body. Shaking off the cold feeling, Haley nodded in agreement, though there was one thing she covered that Leona did not have to worry about.

"Don't worry about shelter, food or water," Haley smiled as she gave Leona a pat on the shoulder. "I praise your early preperation though. Come we just need to find a large enough area like a cave to put this over here down." Haley pats her suitcase, which had just appeared in her bag. With that, Haley begun a small search around the area, before finding a small frozen cave big enough for 3 people just off of their destination. Haley pulls out what seems to be steel sticks, which is then thrusted down into the ice. Once that was done Haley asks for Leona to help her as she held up a sheet.

The completed structure ends up being a small extended shelter of the cave, and Haley takes out a pick, and drives a small hole into the cave wall and slots in a torch and then lit on fire. The orange glow of the flames spread across the icy blue interior. It was not much as a heat source, but served worthy as their light source. With that done, Haley puts her suitcase down on the ground and flips it open.

"Young before the old," Haley then slightly stiffens up. "Well not that I actually know you are younger, you kinda look way younger than me that's all. After all most guild mages start off... younger than 20 usually... Well... I'm 25..." Haley presses her hands together. "Yeah anyway um... If you uncomfortable being in my suitcase, I can get the fairies to set up the rest of this shelter..."

With not left to say, regardless of whether Leona enters the suitcase or not, Haley will go right in. If Leona remained outside, she would hear crashing and a mumble of Haley giving the assurance that she is okay. If Leona did follow Haley inside, the crashing occured because a fairy accidentally dropped a trash can while cleaning the corridor on Haley, which the shapeshifter narrowly avoids and lands in a beanbag. Haley proceeds through the hallway and into the lobby where instead of going right towards the library, she heads left, towards a location Haley has yet to show to anyone. Down a spiral staircase Haley would enter what seems to be a bedroom, and it looks, really small. It oddly however has an outside view of the area. Sticking her hand into a bucket with what seems like non-alcoholic drinks, Haley takes one and downs it. If Leona stayed above, Haley's upper half would pop up with a blank paper and a pen. Haley would just lay it out on the table in her bedroom and present it to Leona if she did follow Haley inside.

"This will serve as our map. I will take approximate measurements of the area in a two dimensional scale and sketch out important sections and areas. I doubt we would find the moss on day one, so we gotta track our routes carefully. Caves are not forgiving, especially one like this with such a dangerous item to collect."

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Leona Jarnefeldt
    Leona Jarnefeldt

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Post by Leona Jarnefeldt 15th June 2018, 10:25 pm

Leona watched as a sequence of events led to Haley entering her suitcase again. Leona was worried. The last time that happened, the suitcase closed and it took Quill and Leona to "save" her. Hopefully the case would not get stuck closed again.

"OK, I'm coming in too." Leona said to Haley, following her in. Leona flinched when a fairy accidentally dropped a trash can on Haley. The younger blonde got the feeling that such accidents were a routine occurrence with the fairies.

Leona followed Haley through a hallway and into a lobby. Leona gleaned from the last visit that the suitcase was magical and had a pocket dimension. However, the blonde did not understand much beyond that. Maybe the books in the Silver Wolf library could fill in the gaps. That would have to wait... the job came first.

The walking continued as the pair walked down a spiral staircase and entered a bedroom that was quite small. However, it somehow had a view of the outside world. Leona was puzzled as to how that was so, but chances were high that it could be chalked up to magic. At least Leona would not have to stand watch in the cold. Her attention turned to Haley's words.

"So you're going to map the cave, huh?" Leona inquired.

"That's a good idea, Haley. We need some way to remember where we've been and where we haven't. A map would be a big help since I forgot to get some orange nylon rope to mark our trail." Leona admitted. The younger blonde was not much for planning. She tended to fly by the seat of her pants and see what happened. She had gotten lucky so far, but this was not a fight with the undead or a serial killer. This was exploring a dangerous cave in an unknown region.

"You know, this will be the first time I've ever explored a cave. I've traveled through the desert and hiked through mountains, but I've never been in a cave. Not a deep one, anyway. I took cover in a shallow cave during a rainstorm, but I didn't explore it." Leona informed her companion. Her spelunking experience was nonexistent. Haley might have to take the lead on this one.

"I've been wondering about something else. Do we have any idea what wildlife might be in the cave? You know, bears, abominable snowmen, that kind of thing?" Leona inquired of Haley. That kind of knowledge would be good to have. The ram dao was a strong weapon, but it was hard to use in confined spaces. Leona's knife was much easier to use in close quarters, but it lacked reach and strength. Leona needed to know what weapon to carry before she went in and learned the hard way that she had made poor choices in armament.

[Word Count: 474]
    Morrigan
    Morrigan

Character Sheet
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Morrigan 18th June 2018, 7:43 am

Haley had no idea how to tell Leona that from Haley's experience, she had never ever gone anywhere as dangerous as a cave, nor the desert, nor the mountains. Well the guild is in the mountains but Haley did not count that as hiking through one. Haley had as much adventure in her as a snail, and the spelunking experience of a housewife.

Then there was the mention of wildlife. It never occurred to her that life could exist in the cold frigid area that was the Silent Glaciers. It was called Silent for a reason right? Haley then remembers the Fleece Flowers. They grew only in the cold. While she was not expecting any here, she knew that even life can find a way.

"I have no idea," Haley answered truthfully. "However let's try not to get killed, after all I don't believe either of us want to bring back a dead body." Haley's eyes flash purple for a moment, but it was too fast to actually catch. Her tone was grim. People often forgot that they were still humans, even with magic. Well Haley is not human to begin with but it still mattered. Haley gathered what she needed and beckoned her down a tube, which would end up sending them back out into the real world. Haley had a rough landing and rubbed her bum.

"Kinda... Embarassing..." Haley got up and brushed herself. "Lead the way Leona, I'll make sure to take down all the information I can."

Leona Jarnefeldt
    Leona Jarnefeldt

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Post by Leona Jarnefeldt 18th June 2018, 11:03 am

Leona was partially surprised when Haley requested that she lead the way. The former was also more than a bit disturbed by the lack of information that Haley possessed. It was funny how circumstances had changed. If this was the desert or the city Leona would have likely charged right in and winged it. But being in a cold region made the blonde slow down and plan ahead.

"All right. I'll lead the way. Just be ready for anything." Leona cautioned Haley before the former climbed out of the suitcase and was back on the surface. The cold air slapped her in the face, but Leona's attention was focused squarely on the yawning mouth of the cave they were about to go into. She was about to venture into the unknown, but that was nothing new. She had already done that when she stepped out of Desierto and into Fiore in what seemed like a lifetime ago.

Leona walked to the entrance of the cave and peered in. There was no sign of hostile wildlife or bandits who called the cave home. That was good. As Leona feared, the cave was a mix of open spaces and confined spaces. The ram dao might be as much a liability as an asset in this environment.

Leona walked inside the entrance and looked around. The snow and ice made for a dazzling background. She saw numerous slender icicles reminiscent of spears hanging from the ceiling. Icicles... she had never seen them before. She looked at them and noticed that a trio of them trembled, then broke off and dropped right towards her!

Leona screamed and started to backpedal when she tripped and fell, sending her ram dao flying towards the entrance and landing on her back. She started rolling to her left side and barely dodged the first two, which would have punched through her chest if she remained where she was. The third landed right in front of her face mid-roll, making Leona scream again. She had gotten very lucky. If the third icicle had landed just a moment later, Leona would have gotten the ultimate headache.

Leona sat up and took a few deep breaths. She was shaken, but she was still alive. That was the most important thing. Leona slowly stood up and retrieved her ram dao. The event of the last few seconds was something that Haley needed to record.

"Haley, please make a note that icicles falling from the ceiling can be dangerous." Leona requested of her companion. The cave was beautiful, but it was also perilous. Icicles would be the least of a traveler's worries, but they could end an exploration very quickly if they struck the right (or wrong) place. Now she knew what to watch for. If icicles started to shake in place, it was time to step back.

[Word Count: 475]
    Morrigan
    Morrigan

Character Sheet
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Morrigan 24th June 2018, 9:24 am

Haley was slightly worried that Leona would have hesitance in taking the lead, however her doubts were put aside when Leona took that role with confidence. Haley smiled behind Leona, before climbing out herself. The bitter cold washed over them again, and now they slowly entered the cave, in hopes of retrieving the fabled moss. Haley just hopes that the mission would go smoothly, and they would not have to worry about uglier things ahead. Haley prepared a hook and rope. The mage was not going to get them lost early. Pinning the hook deep into the ice, Haley slowly followed behind Leona with parchment and quill in hand, and rope slowly uncoiling itself as they ventured into the unknown.

Haley could hear every breath in the silence of the caves, the only sounds were scribbles as Haley quickly mapped out the area the best she could. However Leona stopping alarmed her, and she knew why. Haley quickly grabbed her knives and attached the parchment to one of them, and like a ninja threw the parchment and knife into a wall, basically pinning her map to the wall just in time to avoid the ram dao. Haley however felt the rope coil lose tension. The ram dao had landed on their trial, cleaving the rope fibers in two. Leona's screaming hurt Haley's ears as she could hear it echo over and over again, but at least to Haley's relief she found her companion safe. Shaken but safe.

"I got it Leona, just watch yourself and try not to scream again," Haley puts a reassuring hand on Leona's shoulder. "I hate to be frank but we don't know what lives here. I hate to find out if they can hear you, and me losing you would be a great regret." Haley felt it came out wrong, but it was too late to swallow her words. Haley then moved to her rope, now split in twain. Haley grabbed the ends and quickly ties a secure knot, before tugging it to check whether it would loosen. Despite how strong the feedback was from pulling, it worried the mage slightly. Haley rubbed her arms, feeling the temperature starting to become noticeable.

"I hope you aren't going to be hesitant to lead the way Leona, I believe in you," Haley quickly retrieves her map, noting in clean small handwriting about the icicles and gestured Leona to proceed, with caution.

Leona Jarnefeldt
    Leona Jarnefeldt

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Post by Leona Jarnefeldt 24th June 2018, 1:34 pm

Leona was somewhat indignant. Haley was not the one who almost caught an icicle through the head. She had every right to scream. But Leona swallowed her indignation and kept quiet. She might need Haley's help to get through this cavern.

"OK. I'll lead the way. And I'll try not to scream again." Leona stated before taking the lead. Squeezing through a gap so narrow that it only allowed one person to pass through if they held their arms in front of them, Leona pressed ahead and came across a river. The water was crystal clear and looked to be waist-deep. The younger blonde dreaded the next part since there was no convenient bridge across the river and the distance between the shores was too great for her to jump across. She was going to get very cold.

Suddenly she spotted a single white fuzzball emerge from the river. It had six legs and a pair of pincers. It looked like a fuzzy crab. It was also ominously large, roughly the size of an average housecat. It turned towards her, raised a pincer as if challenging her, and let out a long squeak.

Nine more crabs scuttled out of the river and advanced on Leona. Leona raised her ram dao and brought it down on the first crab, splitting it in two as the others closed the distance. She used a golf swing on the second one, knocking it into a frozen rock. She stomped down on a third, shattering its shell in two stomps. The fourth scuttled sideways, but a downward chop split it in two.

Six more left. They all rushed her at once and started pinching her legs and climbing onto her boots. Leona started kicking at them and using the ram dao to knock them off, but they clung to her pants legs. The scene resembled something from a cartoon, but the pain of multiple pincers pinching her legs was not very funny. She needed to get rid of them fast.

Leona used her ram dao to pry them off one at a time, but they climbed back on almost as fast as she could remove them. She pried them off again and kicked them back, buying her room to deal with them one-on-one. This she accomplished by stabbing down with the sword, impaling them on the blade. It was a slow and tedious method, but their numbers were being whittled down. She killed two in that fashion before the survivors got wise and began climbing higher onto her back.

Leona deliberately fell onto her back, simultaneously stunning and crushing three of them. They were dazed long enough for her to pry off the fourth using her hands. She promptly threw it onto the ground and stomped it until its shell broke. She then used her ram dao to cut the other two in half. The survivor raised a claw in defiance before it too was bisected.

"Well, there's something else for your notes, Haley. Watch out for fuzzy river crabs." Leona stated as she checked her pants. There were numerous holes where the crabs had grabbed her. The younger blonde was furious. She had just bought these pants! She had just bought them and they were already full of holes and spotted with bloodstains!

Leona rolled up her pants legs, set down her backpack, and fished out the first aid supplies. She clinched her teeth as she treated the cuts with hydrogen peroxide and bandaged them. Lowering her pants legs and putting away the supplies, she put her backpack on. Now came the hard part. The river had to be crossed, with or without a bridge.

"If we enter that water, we're all but certain to get hypothermia. How are we gonna get across?" Leona asked Haley.

[Word Count: 632] [Total Word Count: 2,444/2,500]
    Morrigan
    Morrigan

Character Sheet
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Morrigan 9th July 2018, 8:56 am

Haley could sense a slight irritation from Leona, however shrugged it off, it did not feel too significant to make a comment on. Haley just hoped she did not do anything to serious. Soon the gap proved to be their obstacle, and Haley used the moment waiting for Leona to make her way through to draw out the landscape. So for their map was rather barren except for a few notable landmarks. There was nothing else she could do.

Haley slowly unravels the rope as she finally reaches Leona's side. Haley stared at the waters. It was beautiful to say the least. Such pristine water is rare, and Haley needed a sample to take, it was an opportunity to not pass up. Haley rolls up their map and puts away her quill before producing a glass bottle as she approached the water body, unaware Leona is already being attacked. However as she slowly filled her bottle, she could hear scuttling and what sounds like a scuffle.

Haley quickly turns to see Leona slowly being swarmed by white crab like creatures. Upon a squint, Haley realized they are actually crabs. Her bottle was filled and quickly she caps it, unaware a crab crawled inside her bottle like a crab pot. Haley then felt tugging on her skin. Unlike Leona, Haley's clothes were part of her body. A pinching crab hung on her heel and Haley quickly kicks it off, feeling it cut her slightly. More begun to scuttle from the waters.

A book appeared in Haley's hands, and it started to float and the pages flipping in an endless loop. Haley had a glowing aura around her which blinded the crabs momentarily. "Summon thee from the pages, Page 29 of the Leabhar na fincéalta! Come forth Shield Princess! Lox Reinhardt!" Suddenly the pages of the book fluttered from the pages and surrounded Haley, repelling the crab attacks as more begun to swarm her. With a burst and the pahes returning into the book, a dominant presence makes herself known.

Standing before Haley, was a woman who looked about Leona's age. Her brunette hair had a small silver tiara with a single bright red ruby. A white dress adorned in grey armor, with colors of red and green across her chest attached to a big round emblem. This woman had a strong steadfast expression. To add to this was her imposing shield, which was an intidimating size, yet somehow this woman wielded it with grace in their compact enviroment, crushing crabs beneath her shining boots and shield. Soon Haley's side was dispatched as well.

"Haley Halcyon Musea! You have certainly picked an interesting place to summon me," The woman turns around and then looks at Leona. "I am Lix Reinhardt! The Shield Princess..." Her confidence seems to waver before she hides behind her shield. "D-did I do a good job? I-it is really cold her... ugh... Nothing like the Goliath's Range back home..."

Haley could only help but scratched her side in defeat, there is nothing she could do about Lix's personality. Haley quickly took note of these fuzzy crabs in her map while Lix observes the river. It was calm, meaning there is no flow. Haley then turns to Leona. "I'll sew your pants later once we are done." Haley look towards her own legs, covered in blood spots and holes and cuts. This is what she got for not wearing real clothes. However Leona presenting their latest challenge made her think, how are they going to get to the other side.

Haley could easily shapeshift and fly over, but she had no way of bringing Leona over. Then she looks at Lix, hugging herself to endure the cold.

"I got an idea Leona, stay here. Lix protect her," Haley shapeshifted and flew over their river before landing on the other side. The rope she was using floated lazily above the water. Haley pulls it and ties it around a thick stalagtite of ice. The rope would probably freeze but at least they knew where to go.

"Now Lix! Carry Leona over using your powers!" Haley called out. Lix look slightly confused at first. Lix then looks up at Leona, yes Lix is actually shorted than Leona. Then it clicks.

"Understood soothsayer!" Lix puts her shield behind her body, adjusting the strap so it would not come lose. Lix then proceeds to bridal carries Leona, and a surge of magic comes fortb from Lix, and the girl makes the jump, clearing the channel of water and landing right infront of Haley, presenting Leona before disappearing in a set of light particles.

"Well that was something Leona..." Haley commented, before waiting for Leona to once again, lead the way.

Leona Jarnefeldt
    Leona Jarnefeldt

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Post by Leona Jarnefeldt 9th July 2018, 11:50 am

Moments ago Leona was wondering how to get across the water without wading through it. Now she was across thanks to Haley's summon. Thanks to the aid of Lix Reinhardt, both of them were spared the cold water and the certainty of developing hypothermia. Now to get through the rest of the cave. Hopefully they would not find angry yetis waiting for them deeper inside.

"Thanks Haley." Leona thanked Haley for the timely assistance in getting across the gap. She faced the opening that led deeper inside. Their prize was somewhere within. Leona had not come this far and had newly purchased pants riddled with holes to turn back now. She was going to get that plant sample.

"I'm going ahead." Leona stated before walking through the opening. Unlike the one before it, it was large enough to accommodate passage without having to turn sideways. Leona passed through and spotted icicles dangling just inside the room. She hopped back and they came crashing down, spraying chunks over her boots but otherwise doing no harm.

Leona kept walking until she stumbled over something hard. She recovered, turned around and looked down. It was a human body. The cold had stopped decomposition before it could even get started. The facial expression was one of agony.

She kept going and was rewarded with the discovery of more frozen corpses. She counted at least five more. In the back of the cave she spotted the small green plant she had come for. There were several of them. An eyeball count counted a dozen to choose from.

"Haley, I found the plant! Back there!" Leona pointed out the plant to her companion. She put down her ram dao and drew her knife. Using the knife would be a lot easier in tight spaces. She was halfway to the plant when she started coughing violently. She doubled over and was coughing so hard that she almost threw up twice.

Leona hastily made her way back to Haley.

"Don't get any closer! That plant's dangerous!" Leona warned Haley before wrapping her desert cloak around the bottom half of her face, making an improvised covering. Armed with her new and thicker cover, Leona again approached the plant. This time she had no problem, but the previous "attack" had made breathing difficult.

Steadying her gloved hands, Leona slowly took the stem of the plant into her left hand and began prying with the knife in her right hand. She carefully pried at the roots to try and remove it, but the roots were surprisingly resilient for such a small plant. She tried again and again. Why was it not budging? She tried one last time and the roots finally relinquished their grip on the icy rock.

Setting the knife down, Leona set her pack on the ground and eventually produced the glass jar from her backpack. She gently put the plant sample in, tightened the lid, and put the container into her backpack. Leona had procured her sample. She reclaimed her knife and wiped it on the snow before walking over to Haley and made another observation.

"You might wanna cover your hands and face when you approach those plants. They're poisonous. I think the dead people we see were asphyxiated by the poison. I don't know how exactly the poison works other than it makes breathing really hard." Leona opined. As if to emphasize her point, she coughed violently for several seconds. Again she almost threw up. She could not wait to get out of here.

[Word Count: 588] [Total Word Count: 3,030/2500]
    Morrigan
    Morrigan

Character Sheet
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Morrigan 13th September 2018, 10:25 am

Haley smiled at Leona when she was thanked, grabbing her map and jotted down their path. Gently she tugs the rope to ensure there is still tension. The resistance assured her that their way out was still in tact. Quietly she followed her companion, resuming her duty as the cartographer.

When the two found themselves among stalagmites again, Haley worried that Leona might be caught off guard again, and to her relief she was not. Haley took a breath, watching her icy breath float into the air. Out of curiosity she picks up a shattered icicle and inspects the composition of the natural killer. Realizing she was going to fall behind her friend, Haley got back to her feet and followed Leona.

"My gosh..." Haley knelt before the corpse and tapped areas and checked the body. Grabbing gloves from her bag, she opens the mouth and inspected it carefully. Realizing Leona was gone, Haley did not take any notes of what she inspected.

Greeted by corpses, she watches Leona emerge from a hole coughing. Nodding at the warning, Haley puts a thick cloth of her mouth and inspected the other corpses. A smirk came across her face. Knives and pouches of gold. Upon a closer inspection however, covered in blood. Petty thieves trying to probably scam people using the plant found in the icebergs.

Relieving herself of the bodies, she found traces of vomit inside their throats. As much as they are thieves, their faces of agony are horrific and undeserving. Haley hears sounds and looks up. Haley nods and grabs her knives and a bottle. She wants a sample for herself. Carefully extracting the plant with a masterful skill, she plucks it out with no problem. Placing it in an airtight container, she nods to her friend with a thumbs up.

Carefully Haley lead them out of the cave, hoping the poison symptoms Leona was facing is not severe signs of potential death. However she could not risk the poison making her lose a friend. Once they got out, thanks to the rope guiding them through, she turns towards Leona and tore her mask off.

"We are not going home until I diagnosed you as healthy," Haley said sternly before taking out a flat ice cream stick and went into her suitcase, making sure Leona followed. Once inside Leona would find herself in a white room, with a light blue bed and some lights. Cabinets filled with oddly shaped bottles and what looks like colored drinks inside lined the walls. A poster of human anatomy was on the wall. Haley flicks the ice cream stick towards the bed. "There now."

Haley was quick yet thorough with the examination. Once or twice Haley looked concern and she clearly was if she was giving Leona such a critical examination. However once she was done, Haley goes through rhe cabinets and picks out a white flower and plucks a petal off. "Eat it, the poison should wear off and you'll be on your feet." Haley smiled. When Haley made sure Leona took the petal and ate it, she set a course home for them.

Current date/time is 28th March 2024, 2:39 am