Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

The Bank Upgrade

Morrigan
    Morrigan

Haiku Contest Participant- Player 
    Lineage : None
    Position : None
    Guild : Silver Wolf
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 1,831

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Book of Legends
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

The Bank Upgrade Empty The Bank Upgrade

Post by Morrigan 2nd June 2018, 1:20 pm

Okay may not be the most amazing idea but here me out.

The Bank is basically the site's tracker. Everything you do you put into the bank, such as jewels earned by a quest, items you received and etc. However the problem is, not everyone will get into the habit of going to the bank, update it with the latest information and then proceed to do whatever they planned to do. Therefore to give this often forgotten but useful tool some love, why make the Bank easier to update?

To give it a bit more accessiblity, why not introduce a sort of Sigy Template for users to follow. It doesn't have to be anything special in coding. All it has to do is contain the important information like Magic, Character Sheet and of course the Bank. So whenever a user has their job finish post approved, they can open their bank in a new tab and update it. Of course to help, would be the mods job(sorry  you guys). They would remind the user to update their bank in their approval.

Next up is the Bank itself. It needs better layout of information. Like the Sigy template, the bank should have a template(okay I know the Bank already has one so a better one okay?) that is easy to update. It should contain the following tabs.

• Jewels:
    • Weapons(links included)
    • Armors(links included)
    • Important Items(with links if avaliable.)
    • Completed Jobs(Links to Approved Job Finish)
    • Ongoing Jobs(Links to Approved Job Sign Up/Thread)

The user is free to edit within such boundaries and are free to make the bank whatever they like.

Pro Tip: When editing bullet points I recommend pressing the very last icon on the second row of the BBCode shortcuts. It helps ya do Bullet Points better and would ease editing. I'm sure the more gifted coders would be able to make a full on automatic tracker but eh, dreams be dreams.

Feel free to point out anything you notice. I did this at 4:20am so I might not catch things.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

The Bank Upgrade Empty Re: The Bank Upgrade

Post by Guest 2nd June 2018, 2:06 pm

The bank has always been an optional feature. It's never been required to make one. Some people like to keep track of their things, some people couldn't care.
    It has always been up to the users if they want to use it or even link it somewhere in their profile.

As for the bank template, the template we have there now is completely bare bones. It's the minimum one would think to have in their bank. You can edit it all you like, add stuff in or hell even remove stuff. It's completely up to the people to do whatever they want with it.
    I'm also just against giving mods even more things to do and remember. With dev team gone they have more responsibilities than before. I'd be hesitant to make them do even more.

I just don't see the point in this when people can already do whatever they want with their banks.

Current date/time is 28th March 2024, 6:45 pm