Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Enter the Half-Demon [Intro - Open to Sabertooth]

Aedion
    Aedion

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Summer Special Participant- Player 
    Lineage : Eternal Warlord
    Position : None
    Guild : Dies Irae
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 6,587

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Enter the Half-Demon [Intro - Open to Sabertooth] Empty Enter the Half-Demon [Intro - Open to Sabertooth]

Post by Aedion 21st May 2018, 10:36 am

Ever since his quote-unquote 'rebirth', Zen had been looking for a purpose in his life. While he had some aspirations, he had just been wandering from town to town for some time. He helped out here and there, but always kept his distance, just in case. Along the road he heard many things and rumours about various guilds where mages gathered - the good, the independent and the bad. Every guild that he had heard about had its own quirks, goals and whatnot, but one guild peaked his interest the most. A guild that, according to the stories he had heard, was the protector of the realm. Seeing as he enjoyed helping out people and had actually felt good about himself, he decided that it wouldn't hurt to at least ask the guild as to what their deal was.

Zen gathered a bit more information on the guild of Sabertooth, learning that they resided in a place named Ace of Spades. It was the most solid lead he had, so he ventured forward. The journey took him a few days, but they were mostly uneventful. When he finally set foot into the city, which was his destination, the sun was already setting. The city was still bustling, though. People filled the streets and vendors and shops were open. He was starting to get both hungry and thirsty because of his journey. One place striked his fancy, in particular. A tavern that had this warm feeling once he stepped inside. It was moderately filled, there were some free tables, but not that many. The young man would choose one of the free seats at the bar counter, as he could maybe get some more information from the barkeep himself. He would take off his blue coat, revealing his just as blue shirt underneath. "May I have a beer?" He would ask the barkeep, who nodded with a smile and got to pouring him one.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Enter the Half-Demon [Intro - Open to Sabertooth] Do4zQ5K

Useful links:

Character sheet: Aedion Malphur ⭐ Primary Magic: Nova Imperator (Coming Soon) ⭐ Aedion's Inventory & Info: Coming soon ⭐ Template shenanigans: Here be template
    RyoKnetegawa
    RyoKnetegawa

Car King Saint

Car King Saint

Knight VIP Status- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Ten Wizard Saint Member- S-Rank- Character History!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : Conqueror's Courage
    Position : Saint of Fate
    Guild : Sabertooth
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Mentor : Amelia
    Experience : 250,981

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Combo Card Magic
    Second Skill: Blood Master Maic
    Third Skill:

Enter the Half-Demon [Intro - Open to Sabertooth] Empty Re: Enter the Half-Demon [Intro - Open to Sabertooth]

Post by RyoKnetegawa 22nd May 2018, 7:54 am

Ryo smiled as he relaxed in his usual spot at a table in the farthest back corner of the inn that was far from the fireplace, and not very wanted by the normal patrons. He wore his usual getup the only difference now was the pistol that was on his right hip which he seemed to wear in public while his sword was hidden from sight in its usual hiding place in a tarot card. His boots were propped up on the table while he was going through his tarot card deck pulling out cards in a random order and setting them down on the table in a strange pattern.

He was usually to be found here when this time of day came along. Otherwise, he was in the guild hall avoiding the daylight as it was something he had to do. He was not alone, however, sitting on the brim of his hat was the evening sprite known as Hekate Pmpkinspice. She sighed as she looked down at him sipping from her thimble of mead “Why are we even here Ryo?”

Ryo glanced up at his hand and smiled his smirking fanged smile “It is because during the evening I like to frequent this place. You see when I first joined Sabertooth all those years ago I came here. Granted it wasn’t as grand as it is now, in fact, the owner originally started with a bar inside of the old guild hall. Now, I make sure to stay here for at least six hours every evening, so I can be sure that if any new arrivals come and are looking to join Sabertooth they have someone who can actually initiate them into the guild should they be worthy.” Their conversation was suddenly cut off by the door opening. Ryo and Hekate watched the new arrival from under the brim of their respective hats.

It was only after he ordered his drink did Ryo stand up leaving his red duster on his chair leaving him in a royal purple button up shirt, and a raven black vest along with his dual belts filled with card boxes and his new pistol. He crossed to the bar and sat down a couple of spaces away from Zen smiling “Welcome to the Red Dragon Inn stranger. The best inn within the Ace of Spades. Allow me to buy you drinks tonight.” He said cheerfully glancing at the bartender who knew him well before returning his gaze to Zen. Hekate meanwhile floated up to a hanging chandelier and sat down on it resting herself and watching the scene silently.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Enter the Half-Demon [Intro - Open to Sabertooth] Au9DYh5
    Ryo's Info:

Books I've Written:
    Aedion
    Aedion

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Summer Special Participant- Player 

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Enter the Half-Demon [Intro - Open to Sabertooth] Empty Re: Enter the Half-Demon [Intro - Open to Sabertooth]

Post by Aedion 24th May 2018, 2:53 pm

Zen Astair
    D-rank || Sabertooth || 275 words || 598 total
    Zen was seated comfortably, his coat slung over his legs. The barkeep slid his the beer he had requested and Zen nodded back at him in thanks. He was about to have a sip of it, when a man sat down near his seat, greeting him. Zen didn't really expect anyone to strike up conversation with him, but it was a pleasant surprise, nonetheless. The stranger even offered o pay for his drinks, which was quite unusual aswell. Unusual for Zen, at least. People usually looked at him with fear or disgust in their eyes. But this man clad in black and red with a pinch of purple seemed different, somehow.

Zen would nod towards the stranger. "I am thankful for the offer. It's quite generous of you. Glad I picked the right place to stay." He would thank the young man with a small smile. "I am Zen, pleasure to make your acquaintance." The blue haired man would introduce himself. It was a common courtesy, after all. This time he wasn't worried about revealing his name, like he was in the past. Knowing somebody's true name was one of the best bargaining chips in the backalleys. It allowed other people to gather dirt and ruin or possibly even end lives. Since he used to be a pretty high ranked and well known criminals, he had to increase his carefulness tenfold. It felt.. freeing, not having to worry about that anymore. Not as much, anyway. "How come you are so generous towards strangers?" Zen was honestly intrigued. He never experienced the so-called 'kindness of strangers'. But perhaps now he has. It definitely didn't feel bad.
    NOTES
    A beer and company at a homely inn. What more could a man ask for? -Zen
    ivyleaf33 of FTRP

Useful links:

Character sheet: Aedion Malphur ⭐ Primary Magic: Nova Imperator (Coming Soon) ⭐ Aedion's Inventory & Info: Coming soon ⭐ Template shenanigans: Here be template
    RyoKnetegawa
    RyoKnetegawa

Car King Saint

Car King Saint

Knight VIP Status- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Ten Wizard Saint Member- S-Rank- Character History!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by RyoKnetegawa 25th May 2018, 2:48 am

Ryo sat down next to his friend and looked the younger man over nodding his head “Yes you did indeed.” He said with a smile taking a drink from the shot of whiskey that was handed to him by the bartender who clearly knew him well. As he sipped from it he tipped his hat forward “It is a pleasure to meet you Zen. My name is Ryo.” He said finishing his drink before he heard the next question. This only made Ryo laugh softly to himself “Well, you see I do it for several reasons, but the main reason is simple, I am generous because I have plenty to be generous with. I find that it is much easier to be generous when you have more to share.”

At this point, Hekate rolled her eyes and flew down from the ceiling. She sat down on his hat and looked at Zen with a smirk “That’s only part of the truth. What he really wants to find out is if you are a Wizard who would like to join Sabertooth. If you are he would want to figure out if you are trustworthy enough to be allowed to join.”

This made Ryo sigh heavily as he rolled his eyes “Please forgive her. This is Hekate Pmpkinspice. She is an evening sprite and she is quite the rude little thing. Still, she and I have an understanding.” He then looked slightly guilty “Well, and she is not wrong. I am here to scout you for Sabertooth.” He admitted with that slightly guilty expression on his face.”

Clearing his throat, he held out his right hand “Allow me a proper introduction. My name is Ryo Knetegawa and I am one of the Guildmasters of Sabertooth.” He said in a slightly formal tone “Forgive the omission, but I trust you understand.”

Ryo's Info:

Books I've Written:
    Aedion
    Aedion

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Aedion 25th May 2018, 1:41 pm

Zen Astair
    D-rank || Sabertooth || 314 words || 912 total
    Zen's newfound companion took a sip of his shot and tipped his hat, introducing himself as Ryo. He then explained his generosity and Zen had to agree with his reasoning. It was easy to be generous, when you had the resources to be generous, without going broke, then sure. Unfortunately for Zen, he couldn't be generous like Ryo was. Maybe once upon a time, but not anymore. The young man was about to take a drink from his beer, when a certain something flew down from... the ceiling, probably, and landed down on Ryo's hat. It looked like a some sort of sprite that spoke up. What it spoke about, however, was quite interesting. It claimed that Ryo was scouting for Sabertooth. Bingo for Zen.

Ryo then introduced the sprite, Hekate. He then admitted the truth behind Hecate's words. Ryo then extended his right hand to Zen with a proper introduction. Not only did he share his full name, he also mentioned that he was one of two Sabertooth Guildmasters. What intrigued him was the part when Ryo said that he was one of two Guildmasters. Zen could've sworn that there was usually only one. The young man would nod and extend his own right hand and shake Ryo's. "Allow me to properly introduce myself then aswell. I am Zen Astair." He would give a little laugh. "It would seem that the fate has brought us together then." Zen would give Ryo a small smile. "Coincidentally, I was looking for Sabertooth, so I arrived at the Ace of Spades and decided to take a breather here." He would briefly explain how he ended up at the inn. "I was looking to join Sabertooth, but seeing as you are one of the Guildmasters, the decision is up to you. Feel free to ask me anything." Zen would finish and have a drink of his beer.
    NOTES
    I didn't find Sabertooth. Sabertooth found me. -Zen
    ivyleaf33 of FTRP

Useful links:

RyoKnetegawa
    RyoKnetegawa

Car King Saint

Car King Saint

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by RyoKnetegawa 28th May 2018, 8:19 am

Ryo smiled as he nodded his head slowly shaking the younger man’s hand. He moved to finish his whiskey and then he shook his head again “Well, nothing in fate such as coincidence. Do not worry about it. However, I have a plan myself. I could badger you about why you came here, your intentions and whatever else I would like. That would answer me many, many questions it just wouldn’t be so fun.” He said before he stood up and moved towards his table “Come here please.” He said as he waved at the other seat on the table. With a flick of his wrist and with apparent “magic” a deck of tarot cards appeared in his hand “I have a much, much more fun way to find out what I would like.”

He sat down in his chair and set the deck in front of him as he looked at Zen “Come and sit across from me. Then, I want you to simply touch the deck of tarot cards. Flush your magic into them, and then allow me to do the rest I only need you to sit back and watch what I uncover. I will warn you however that this is not a normal Tarot card deck that you would imagine. The cards are very different than you are used to. I took a lot of time to find them.” He slid the deck towards the chair indicating Zen’s place again.

Hekate rolled her eyes as she fluttered towards the table “Oh for goodness sake Ryo! Are you seriously going to decide this via fortune telling?! You are supposed to be a guild master of Sabertooth. You know why we are much more selective of the candidates! You told me the reasons yourself!”

Ryo sighed and shook his head “Ignore her, she is just an annoyance really. She forgets her place quite often, but I am not about to reinforce it as I could do.” He explained simply.

Ryo's Info:

Books I've Written:
    Aedion
    Aedion

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Aedion 15th June 2018, 1:22 pm

Zen Astair
    D-rank || Sabertooth || 321 words || 1233 total
    It seemed that the Sabertooth's Guildmaster had an another plan to acquire the necessary information about Zen's true intentions. Ryo stood up and motioned towards a table. Zen followed suit right after he dunked the rest of his beer, but had a chill come down his spine, when Ryo mentioned that he had a 'more fun' to find out the answers. Would he find out about his demon pact...? There was no way he could get out of the situation without raising suspicion. This was his way into joining Sabertooth, though. He had to see it through. It was probably better if the Guildmaster knew about his secret, anyway.

Ryo sat down and Zen did the same. The man sitting in front of him explained what he needed to do. It sounded simple enough. Zen had never had a fortune told to him before. Not that he eexpected any exact fortune to come his way, anyway. Ryo bickered with Hekate for a moment, that made Zen wonder, if he would be allowed into Sabertooth at all. Slightly nervous, Zen would place his right hand over the cards. Nothing happened. At first. Then a light flicker of blue spectral, demonic flames danced on atop his fingertips. They quickly moved to the told of his hand and disappeared. The mark on Zen's forehead glowed faintly under the bottom of his fringe for a moment. He was unsure of what he had done to the cards.

The young man would take his hand off of the deck, worry written in his eyes. "Is there anything else I need to do?" Zen would ask the Guildmaster in an equally worried voice as his eyes were. Not just because he didn't particularly enjoy revealing his demonic side, but mostly because of the reaction that happened. The flames were harmless, yes, but there was no telling what could happen next, when it was a demon in question.
    NOTES
    I got my final, dying wish. But at what cost?  -Zen
    ivyleaf33 of FTRP

Useful links:

RyoKnetegawa
    RyoKnetegawa

Car King Saint

Car King Saint

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by RyoKnetegawa 20th June 2018, 7:48 am

Ryo watched the boy with a smile the tips of gleaming white fangs poking out of his smile “No need to be nervous my dear boy. Nothing bad is going to happen to you.” He waited for the bit of magic to flush into the cards. However, there was something very strange about seeing it. The flames were spectral and blue, so he was very confused on what was happening. Seeing the flames, however, caused him to scoot back slightly in his chair.

He did not want to be anywhere near the flames. He was a vampire and that meant that he was nearly explosively flammable. He did his best to avoid flames that were not made by his own magic, as much as possible. When it finished, and Zen removed his hand from the deck of cards he smiled wider showing his fangs full and proper now “That was very interesting. Still, no there is nothing more you need to do.” He picked up the deck of cards and began to lay out the cards in a star-shaped pattern as he did so he looked to Zen “I am going to turn these cards face down. The five points are very simple, they are five questions that I have. These cards will answer the questions and give me some insight. The tip of the point is what you are. The right top prong is what power you have. The bottom ring prong is why you are here. The bottom left prong is if you are going to help Sabertooth. The top left prong is should I allow you to be in Sabertooth. At the end, I’ll ask any clarification questions that I might have. Before this begins, please do note, that you do not need to stress. I shall be perfectly happy to find out the answers to my questions.”

He set the rest of the cards down with the star in front of him. All five cards were there ready to be turned over. He put his hand on the top prong of the star “Are you ready for the fun?” he asked with a bit of showmanship in his voice.

On the top of his hat Hekate rolled her eyes “Just flip the damned cards!”

Ryo's Info:

Books I've Written:
    Aedion
    Aedion

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Aedion 29th June 2018, 6:26 am

Zen Astair
    D-rank || Sabertooth || 0000 words || 0000 total
    Nothing bad was supposed to happen. Zen could think of at least a couple dozens of ways everything could go wrong. His magic's reaction to the deck of cards made the Guildmaster scoot back a bit. That would definitely reflect on Zen's resume later on. After he removed his hand from the deck, Ryo smiled and revealed his fangs. That meant.. /"He's a vampire, isn't he?"/ That would certainly explain the reaction towards the spectral flames that appeared. But that also meant that maybe, just maybe, he may be understanding of his situation and his current state of being. Not all was lost just yet.

The Guildmaster took the deck into his hands and skillfully arranged the cards into a star shape. The other man then explained which every one of the five cards he layed out represented. The first card would explain who Zen was. He was unsure whether it would reveal his demonic portion and his pact with Apollyon. The blue, invisible shackles that held his soul hostage, binding his to the demon, leaving him at the demon's mercy until he grew bored. All because he was afraid of death. It could also speak of his backalley criminal past. Kill and steal to survive. Or perhaps it could talk about both sides of the coin. The second card would reveal the nature of his power. This portion of the star would most definitely speak of his pact and the spectral demonic powers that were passed onto him because of it. Flames and chains of his soul's inprisonment became Zen's domain. The cross shaped markings on his forehead, the ones that adorned his irises, all of them were the proof of this pact that had been sealed. The third card would reveal his reason for being there. If Zen had to be honest, even he wasn't entirely sure as to why he was there. Perhaps he felt like needed a place to belong in? A place he could finally call home once more? As cheesy as it sounded, maybe it was truly what his tired heart yearned for. The fourth card would reveal his usefulness to the guild and if he is to help the guild at all. Zen's personal answer would be that he wanted to do actual good for people, instead of using and robbing them, like he had to for most of his life. He wanted to help. But only the card's answer counted, so it was ultimately up to them to decide. The last, fifth card would reveal whether or not he should be allowed into the guild. Zen wanted to be bold and say yes, but that would be his selfish self talking. This part was completely up for cards to decide on. The young man would accept whatever outcome of the fortune telling.

The Guildmaster was about to flip the topmost card, when he stopped to put on a slight show, that made Zen and also Ryo's impatient. As much as he was afraid of the outcome, he was also curious as to what the cards would say about him. With goosebumps going down his spine, Zen awaited the reveal.
    NOTES
    I am both curious and afraid. A strange sensation.  - Zen
    ivyleaf33 of FTRP

Useful links:

RyoKnetegawa
    RyoKnetegawa

Car King Saint

Car King Saint

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by RyoKnetegawa 3rd July 2018, 7:38 am

Ryo smiled up at Hekate who was so angry with him. Still, he was also happy to see the little bit of nerves on the youth’s face. He was clearly enjoying this not to mention that he was putting on a bit of showmanship. This was the youth that Ryo was, the showman, the magician, the card shark, the trickster. He was enjoying himself and this was one of the reasons that he decided he would conduct as many new member interviews as he could. He did miss a lot of his street hustler days.

Now that all of the cards were face down in front of youth he could see that none of them matched, not a single one of them had the same back as any other, and they were all so very different. He flipped over the top card waving away Hekate’s complaints “Forgive her, she is a stuck-up brat. You’ll find that she just likes to holler and complain like a banshee.” He smiled at the first card that was inverted the bottom facing Zen “Ah, the demon. So, one would call you a demon then, or close, but not precisely. I would imagine it is something like a dragon slayer. After all, the dragon usually appears with them as the first card. So, some demonic power of some description. There is nothing that you need to worry about. Sabertooth doesn’t care about where a power comes from, only that one uses it to protect Fiore and our world.” Moving to the top right prong he frowned as he flipped it over “Oh? The flame? That’s very interesting. I guess that’s all that can be said about it.” He moved to the card on the right bottom prong flipping this one over “Ah, Death. But it is inverted. So, you are leaving a chapter of your life and moving into a new one. That makes sense considering you are looking to forge your new chapter of life with Sabertooth. Well, do not worry, your new chapter won’t be one of terrible struggles.” He moved to the bottom left prong and flipped it over. He smiled and nodded his head “The star, yes indeed. You shall be a great light for Sabertooth, and you will, of course, be a great use to our guild. I am glad to see this card.” He moved to the last card flipping it over. This one was a simple green checkmark that was on the card. With a playful smirk, he nodded “I think that settles it then.”

With all the cards flipped over he leaned back smiling “Now then, Zen is it? Would you be kind enough to tell me exactly what your magic is? Just so we are fair I shall go first.” He held his hand over the table and the cards jumped up into his hand. Tucking them away he pulled out one other card called “The Magician” with an expert hand he began to make it dance between his fingers to and fro. “I am the Card King of Sabertooth. I use a very, very special type of Card Magic. One that is entirely unique to me. Only one other person in this world knows it. My teacher of course. That is my primary magic. I also know blood magic. My teacher was a very, very specialized sort.” Again, that fanged smirk as he leaned back in his chair “Now, that is my magic. Please go ahead and enlighten me to your own.” He said waiting for the youth to speak.

Ryo's Info:

Books I've Written:
    Aedion
    Aedion

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Aedion 7th July 2018, 2:16 pm

Zen Astair
    D-rank || Sabertooth || 784 words || 2544 total
    Zen had his gaze fixated upon the cards. Could they really show what Ryo claimed? He was a Guildmaster afterall, so there must've been truth to what he was saying. Ryo noted on Hekate's complaining, but Zen himself was itching for him to start, so he couldn't blame her. With skilled fingers the first card was flipped over. It showed a Demon. The young man swallowed. /"So they do show the answers, afterall.."/ He slightly shifted in his seat, as Ryo explained the interpretation of the card.

For the most part, he was very much correct. He used to be called the Dim Devil in his old days, indeed. But now it wasn't just a badass nickname; it was much more real. His ears caught something interesting that Ryo mentioned - dragon slayers? Zen could only assume that they slayed dragons, but maybe it meant something more than just this simple assumption. Zen breathed a breath of relief, when the Guildmaster said that they do not care as to where one's power stems from, but rather that they use it to protect the kingdom. That was what he wanted. Protect instead of destroy. Ryo then revealed the second card, the one which would hold the answer to Zen's power. It showed a flame and the Guildmaster didn't elaborate any more than that on the matter. Zen wished to raise a question, but he knew that it would be for the best if he just stayed quiet for the time being. The third was the Death, which, according to Ryo symbolized an end and a new beginning. Again, it was true, in a sense. His old, criminal self died that night and he got a second chance. At what price, though...?

The fourth card was the Star, which, according to the Guildmaster, symbolised that Zen will be an asset to the Guild, which made Ryo pleased. Zen himself was glad to see that. At least he wasn't being selfish when he thought so. Maybe just a little bit. However, when Ryo flipped over the last card, which turned out to be just a green checkmark, Zen's face turned sour for a moment, but he felt really relieved shortly afterwards. When he looked up at the Guildmaster, he was met with a sly smirk. Luckily for Zen, it seemed that he had passed the test the Guildmaster set before him and was willing to let him in the Guild. He wanted to ask a few questions, but the other man was faster. He leaned back, inquiring about the nature of Zen's power, also offering to share his own. Ryo held his hand over the table and the cards sprung back. He put them away, as he took out one that he made dance around his fingers. Ryo explained that his power was the Card Magic. A unique kind of magic that belonged to him and his teacher. His secondary techniques were based on blood magic. The card magic sounded intriguing, but Ryo was more interested in Zen's magic.

The young man leaned back in his chair. Where was he supposed to begin? He took a few moments to ponder. "As the cards said, I seek to forge a new beginning in the Guild. In the past I used to be somebody who stole and killed, in order to survive. I was ruthless and merciless. If the pay was good, I would do it." Zen would look down on the table. "People talked about me in hushed voices, praying that I wasn't after them. Again, it was because if I didn't, I would die. And technically speaking, I did." He would look up back to Ryo. "I got careless and payed the ultimate price for my overconfidence. I was backstabbed when I least expected it. In the heat of the moment I realised.. that I didn't want to die." The young man would cross his arms on his chest. "I guess I didn't want to die so hard a demon thought it looked like some fun for him and gave me an offer. I could die there and then, or I could chain my soul to his and partake of his power to remain alive. Albeit quite different." Zen would reach to his fringe and brush it away, revealing the deep blue coloured cross symbol that belonged to the demon - Apollyon. "I don't know what exactly I am capable of with these powers, myself. But whatever they may be, I will use them to protect people." The young man would look at the Guildmaster once more with both determination and sadness etched on his features. "I'm sorry I can't share any more knowledge about my magic."
    NOTES
    If anybody should know about my past, it would be my Guildmaster.  -Zen
    ivyleaf33 of FTRP

Useful links:

RyoKnetegawa
    RyoKnetegawa

Car King Saint

Car King Saint

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by RyoKnetegawa 9th July 2018, 10:21 pm

As the young man told him about the life that he had. He nodded his head slightly. He understood well that kind of life. He himself was a runt who stole, cheated, and snatched up as much as he needed to survive. It was not a life that he was proud of. However, hearing the bit about doing whatever it was for money his mind instantly flashed up the memory he had of a little girl. She was no older than ten, but she was a guild master of a guild of mercenaries. She led men and women down the path of the mercenary. She herself was a cruel mistress, and it was not something that could be turned away from with ease. He knew that path well, and he sighed shaking his head as he remembered the way that little girl was.

He listened to the story intently hearing that the boy used to be one of fear. This made Ryo lift his brow in interest trying to see what the boy had gone through in his mind. Yet, he didn’t think that he could understand nor envision this boy in all sense going through these things that he spoke of. However, he was sure that it was true. After all, the truth was stranger than fiction. Hearing that the youth was stabbed in the back he nodded his head slowly knowing how it felt to be stabbed in the back. Rather he knew it all too well. However, the stabbing was not by someone he cared about, trusted, or even liked. It was done by an enemy because of his own weakness. His hand went to his chest where he could feel the stab that had been the killing blow. He would’ve died, he would’ve been one more dead man joining his beloved in the afterlife. Yet, when given the choice, he chose to live, to keep fighting, to become vampire. He could relate to the boy much better than he would believe. He noticed the mark that he was shown, and he couldn’t do anything but nod his head.

Presently, he smiled wide his fangs on full display as he held his hands out to either side of him “Well said my good Zen. Well, that is all well and good. I am happy to welcome you into the folds and into the Sabertooth wizard’s guild.” He pulled out a tarot card that had the symbol of Sabertooth on the face of it. With a flush of his magic it changed into a stamp shape with the symbol at the bottom of it. He leaned forward holding it out to Zen “Stamp yourself with our guild’s mark. It won’t hurt, but it will be permanent. When you have done so, then we will make for the Guild hall.”

Ryo's Info:

Books I've Written:
    Aedion
    Aedion

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Aedion 15th July 2018, 12:36 pm

Zen Astair
    D-rank || Sabertooth || 303 words || 2847 total
    The young man was slightly surprised when the Guildmaster smiled after he shared his story. The Guildmaster subsequently welcomed him into the folds of the Guild of Sabertooth. Zen didn't feel any different, but he definitely felt relief wash over him. The relief of leaving behind his unfortunate past and the relief of being officially accepted into the Guild. Ryo pulled out an another card, but this time it had the emblem of Sabertooth imprinted on it. With a bit of magic the Guildmaster changed the card into a stamp-like thing that had the emblem of Sabertooth on it, just like the card. Ryo leaned forward, holding it out. Zen was then instructed to mark himself as a member of Sabertooth, with the premise of entering the Guild itself.

The young man took the stamp from the Guildmaster's hand. He briefly pondered as to where he was supposed to slap it on. Without thinking, he held it in his left hand and pressed it on his right hand's back. He wasn't sure what to expect. Zen carefully removed the stamp to reveal a silver symbol of Sabertooth, that now adorned his right hand. He didn't know if the colour changed from person to person, but he felt comfortable with silver. After he marked himself as a member of Sabertooth, Zen would the stamp back to the Guildmaster. "Thank you for allowing me to join the Guild. A simple thank you doesn't cut it, but it's the best I can do." He would sheepishly thank Ryo. Right now, it pretty much meant the world for him. He didn't have anywhere to go. Zen briefly pondered as to where the Guild actually resided. "Where is the Guild, actually?" He would ask the Guildmaster, as he didn't notice any great buildings that would indicate a Guild.
    NOTES
    I finally have a place to call home, once more.  -Zen
    ivyleaf33 of FTRP

Useful links:

RyoKnetegawa
    RyoKnetegawa

Car King Saint

Car King Saint

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by RyoKnetegawa 17th July 2018, 7:01 am

Seeing the mark that was placed upon the back of the young man’s hand Ryo smiled even wider. His fangs poked out easily visible for all to see. As soon as the stamp was in place however the card burst into purple flames that did not burn Zen and weren’t even hot. However, the stamp was clearly done with whatever it had been made to do, and thus it could be destroyed without concern. When it was gone, and Zen had asked his question. This in turn made Ryo stand up and he dusted himself off “Well, I would be happy to take you there.” He snagged his coat from his chair before he effortlessly slipped it back onto shoulders.

He tucked up his cards and pulled his hat further down on his head. Moving towards the door Hekate floated down onto Ryo’s shoulder from seemingly nowhere and she motioned for Zen to follow behind them. As they walked outside there was a giant white dire wolf waiting for them and he fell into step with his master as if nothing had happened. They lead Zen through the streets of the Ace of Spades. It seemed that Ryo was fairly recognizeable as he waved to several people, a few women threw him flowers, and a few men gave him salutes. He seemed very at ease in this city, and he looked to Zen with a smile “We built the city of the ace of spades you know. These people live under our protection here and know all of the members of sabertooth by sight. They’ll recognize you soon.” He said with a smile showing that he was enjoying himself.

They walked along the street towards a great castle that seemed to be fairly new, and that dominated the majority of a hill at the southern edge of town. He walked into the castle pushing the giant double doors open himself. Now that he walked in he moved to an intricate teleportation design on the floor and stood on it. He looked to Zen and smiled wider “Would you please focus your mind on forming a portal to the guild hall?” he asked. He knew that the portal would open for anyone of Sabertooth, he however wanted the youth to be able to summon it on his own power.

Ryo's Info:

Books I've Written:
    Aedion
    Aedion

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Aedion 24th July 2018, 9:02 am

Zen Astair
    D-rank || Sabertooth || 516 words || 3363 total
    Zen thought that he would hand back the stamping thing, but instead it burst into harmless purple flames. He instinctively flinched, but soon realised their harmlessness. After Zen placed his question, the Guildmaster stood up and put on his coat. The young man followed, standing up and putting on a coat of his own. He pat down his fringe to cover the mark again. The Guildmaster moved towards the door and the spirit beckoned to Zen to do the same, and he did. When they stepped outside, there was a rather large direwolf just nonchalantly waiting and walked beside the Guildmaster. The young man was a little bit surprised, but he felt himself begin to care less and less about such sudden and unusual appearances.

The small group made their way through the streets of Ace of Spades. Ryo seemed to have been recognised by the people, presumably because of his position as one of the Sabertooth's Guildmasters. He explained that the Guild built the city they were walking through and act as the protectors of the people living there. Ryo also mentioned that the people would soon recognise Zen  aswell. He was unsure whether he liked that or not, but he would have to see for himself later on. Eventually, they reached a castle upon a hill. It definitely looked majestic from the outside, Zen could only wonder how it looked like from the inside. He didn't have wonder for long, as the group reached the castle doors and the Guildmaster promptly pushed them open. They stepped inside and stopped in a spot, where the floor had some design on it. Zen could only guess that it wasn't there just to pretty up the floor. Ryo instructed him to focus on creating a portal. The young man would tilt his head in confusion. He was not very well versed in magic usage just yet, so he wasn't sure how he was supposed to achieve a portal creation. "Hmmm.." He was kind of stumped, but attemped to give it a shot. Zen would close his eyes and concetrate on a shape of a portal in his mind's eye. Nothing would happen at first, so Zen tried to think of Sabertooth aswell. After that he could feel something forming near him. It didn't seem to be enough, he probably needed an another trigger. But he couldn't think of anything. He didn't know how exactly the Guildhall looked like, he had never been there before.

Zen then thought of one thing, that could perhaps help him to fully summon the portal. He thought of home. That is what he wished Sabertooth to become for him. The magic of the Guild mark worked its magic and fully opened the portal that had been shaping up near Zen. The young man would open his eyes, seeing the portal for himself. For some reason he felt mentally exhausted. He would look at the Guildmaster, worry written on his face. "Is this.. right?" Zen wasn't sure if he had opened a correct portal, or if it was a proper portal at all.
    NOTES
    I should be better off not questioning anything and just taking things for what they are as they come by.
    -Zen
    ivyleaf33 of FTRP

Useful links:

RyoKnetegawa
    RyoKnetegawa

Car King Saint

Car King Saint

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by RyoKnetegawa 27th July 2018, 10:12 pm

Ryo watched as Zen struggled to make the portal. It was hard to do the first time. However, it was important that every new member learned how to make the portal for themselves. If they couldn’t make the portal it was unlikely that they would be able to come and go freely from the guildhall. This was something that he didn’t want, and he couldn’t allow. So, he would wait and let Zen figure it out on his own. He had the tattoo of the guild and he would be able to do it if he just tried.

He smiled gently as Zen asked him if the portal that he had finally managed to open was indeed right. With a nod of his head and a gently hand on his shoulder Ryo walked with the youngster into the portal. They stepped through and it closed behind them. They stood on a platform that was made of wood, with a matching symbol on the floor. He smiled and gestured to the great world around them “Welcome to Yggdrasil, the world tree, and our Guildhall.” They were on a platform that connected to a set of giant stone double doors. It was outside of the great tree trunk, and through various holes in the wood one could see the interior that would be the castle. The world around them was filled with smaller branches of Yggdrasil nearly as tall as trees, and it was also obvious that this giant tree had various different types of ecosystems.

They were barely there a moment before an insane chittering filled the air around them. Ryo sighed and stepped in front of the youth “Hold Ratatoskr!” he bellowed and the little squirrel that had been running down the tree towards the pair with murder in his eyes stopped dead and glared up at Ryo.

He hissed “Who the hell is this!? What is with this freaking weirdo!? How can I protect Yggdrasil if you won’t let me!”

Ryo frowned deeply and shook his head “Stop talking like that. He is a member of Sabertooth, and thus you are to be his ally not his enemy.”

The squirrel frowned crossing his arms “Well fine, you jerk. Damnit, I wanted to kill something.” He huffed before he stormed off into the branches of Yggdrasil again.

Now that they were alone the vampire looked back to his companion sighing “Do forgive him. That is Ratatoskr, he is our guild’s ‘pet’ and he is quite the…well you’ve met him. Still, he won’t hurt you.” He said as he lead the way to the giant double doors Gora right at his heels.

Ryo's Info:

Books I've Written:
    Aedion
    Aedion

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Aedion 19th August 2018, 3:10 pm

Zen Astair
    D-rank || Sabertooth || 287 words || 3650 total
    It seemed that Zen did a good job with his very first portal, even if it took him quite a long time to create. The Guildmaster and the newly joined mage stepped through the portal, into a realm that was unknown to Zen. Upon exiting, his feet landed on a wooden platform that had the emblem of Sabertooth on it. The portal closed behind them. Ryo gestured to the world that surrounded them, calling it the world tree, Yggdrasil, which housed the Guild of Sabertooth. The surroundings were breathtaking; Zen had never seen anything like it before. The tree trunk itself was ahead of them and the young man spotted several indentations in it. He wanted to look around more, but the two mages were stopped by a strange chittering sound. Within a moment, Ryo was standing in front of Zen, taking hold of the situation.

The source of the sound seemed to be a squirrel of some kind. And apparently it really didn't take a liking to Zen. It was intent on guarding the Guild and the Guildmaster had to explain that the young man was there as a member Sabertooth. The squirrel seemed quite irritated, but left them alone. Ryo then introduced it as Ratatoskr and noting that he will not hurt him. /"I would prefer that, yeah."/ Zen thought to himself as he followed the Guildmaster. "We all have our quirks, I suppose." The young man would chuckle. Even if Ratatoskr seemed to have some interesting ones, to say the least. "So.." Zen wasn't sure where to begin. "..How big is this place? I've never seen anything like this." He would ask the Guildmaster. The young man could only assume that it was huge.
    NOTES
    My new home...
    -Zen
    ivyleaf33 of FTRP

Useful links:

RyoKnetegawa
    RyoKnetegawa

Car King Saint

Car King Saint

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by RyoKnetegawa 25th August 2018, 7:54 am

Ryo walked along with the new wizard with a smile nodding his head “Yes, we all, all have our quirks.” He said petting Gora’s head gently as he walked along with the pair. Hearing the question about how large it was made Ryo think long and hard for am moment. Finally, he gave a shrug “Large enough to hold our entire guild, and have many, many branches. It is divided between the inner, and outer rings. Anyone can access the outer rings even our guests should we bring them in. However, our inner rings are specific to our guild. This guild is vast, and travels along the entire length of the world tree. We have a great library, several mess halls, a dueling arena, and enough quarters to hold our entire guild. In fact, I am of the opinion that we would likely be able to hold the entirety of the ‘Ace of Spades’ township.”

He smiled waving to some of the guild members “Well, you are welcome to make a home here. There is plenty of space for you here. Should you choose to stay you can find any room that is unoccupied, and you can claim it for yourself.” He stopped and looked to Zen “I will tell you this however, we have our secrets here. One that is not unknown if you know anything of the legends of the world tree is that we are connected to different realms. These realms can be accessed via our guild. We guard the doorway from both sides. Each one is accessed in a different area, or via a different doorway. Still, you’ll have little reason to visit them.” He said resuming the tour of the outer ring.

Ryo's Info:

Books I've Written:

Current date/time is 19th April 2024, 2:51 am