Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Slay the Tower[Job/Private]

Morrigan
    Morrigan

Haiku Contest Participant- Player 
    Lineage : None
    Position : None
    Guild : Silver Wolf
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 1,831

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Book of Legends
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Slay the Tower[Job/Private] Empty Slay the Tower[Job/Private]

Post by Morrigan 18th May 2018, 10:51 pm

Job Stuff:

Haley had arrived in the peaceful town of Hargeon. Well it was suppose to be peaceful for the most part. The towering purple structure had thunderclouds hovering above, covering the top of this endless peak. The shapeshifter adjusts her glasses and check her notebook. It was suppose to be an expedition to investigate the tower at first, but now it is a quest to disable it. Many lives went missing in order to find out the truth of this stone structure. As a member of the Silver Wolf it was part of her job to learn the tower's secrets for research.

However Hargeon Town was also the guild territory of sorts to the infamous monster hunting guild Lamia Scale, so they had involvement the moment the Magic Council gave them permission to engage. Haley walks towards the guild hall first, her eyes gazing at the tower once in the while as she moved through worried passersby. The guild hall was their proposed rendezvous point and it would make sense, it was Lamia Scale's guild hall after all.

The mage walks towards the castle like structure, smelling the salted breeze that blows from the sea. Large ships border the guild hall, for it was part of the harbor as well. Haley took note of these observations. It was a while since she ever saw anything past Rose Garden or the Silver Wolf Guild Hall so it was refreshing to see something new. The mage steps through the doors and looks around. The guild was crowded and noisy, with a lot of comments about the tower that has sprung up. A hulking white beast seems to be coiled up in the corner, taking a rest. Haley looks around for her partner, a Samira Nassar.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Samira Nassar
    Samira Nassar

Celestial Avatar

Celestial Avatar

Main Account- Mythical VIP Status- God VIP Status- Dragon VIP Status- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Mythical- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Demon Slayer- Zodiac Key- Legal Guild Ace- Z-Rank- Y-Rank- X-Rank- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Wanderer- EXP Grinder- Jewel Grinder- Job Creator- Working Together- Forever Solo- Christian Minecraft Server- I Have Friends...- Teaming Up!- Limited Edition- Hired Help- Idolize- Unknown Powerhouse- Unknown Legend- The Completionist- Achiever- Expert Achiever- Over Achiever- Buddy Buddy- Obligatory Beach Episode- Sticking Around- Loyal to the Bone- Solo Artist- Taskmaster- Collector- Halloween Social- Halloween job event participant - Haiku Contest Participant- Lineage Making Contest Participant- Richie Rich- Rich- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Tertiary Magic- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 2nd Place Event/Contest Winner- Christmas Event Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Advertisement Achievement Badge- Motor City Rush- Hero- Summer Special Tier 5- Summer Special Tier 4- Summer Special Tier 3- Summer Special Tier 2- Summer Special Tier 1- Summer Special Donor- Summer Special Participant- Player 
    Lineage : Summoner of Divinities
    Position : Goddess of Humility
    Faction : Luminous Covenant
    Guild : Lamia Scale (Ace)
    Cosmic Coins : 485
    Experience : 10,188,889

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Celestial Avatar Summoning
    Second Magic: Celestial Avatar
    Third Magic: Avatar Aspect

Slay the Tower[Job/Private] Empty Re: Slay the Tower[Job/Private]

Post by Samira Nassar 22nd May 2018, 7:05 am

"Mages come in all shapes and sizes. Where one may falter at something, another may excel."

Muse: 10/10
    Magic Power: 100%
    Health Points: 100%
    Post Word Count: 600
    Thread Word Count: 600

Slay the Tower[Job/Private] V6JIcYH       Slay the Tower[Job/Private] WOyJ6my       Slay the Tower[Job/Private] JOeaZ9l       Slay the Tower[Job/Private] W1bEUgL       Slay the Tower[Job/Private] MrksPDy
    Why was it that whenever Samira turned her back for one second something happened in Hargeon Town? Even before she became a mage of the local guild, Lamia Scale, the town was supposedly known to have some sort of disaster going on. Or so she had been told. Perhaps greatly exaggerated. She couldn't exactly go through the recent history reports to confirm at that present moment. No, instead she had been called away from the Pandora guild hall to investigate the newest happening within the town.

From what she had understood from the message she had received, a mysterious tower had suddenly appeared from the sea and near the coast. As if welcoming all to enter a stone bridge had also connected itself to the harbor. However, it would seem something far more sinister was going on than some new guest to the town inviting all to some party. Those that had gone to investigate had never returned. She would have advised anyone against that idea completely until the guild mistress or one of her aces had arrived on scene, but alas there were many impatient folks within the town and even the guild itself. Too many mages thinking they could handle what they could not and then pay the consequences for their ego. The curious citizens of the town were also an issue since some of them had been bold enough to go inside as well. More trouble to fix, and more paperwork to do. As usual.

Honestly Samira had thought she could have handled the mission herself. It would not have been the first time she jumped headfirst into some mysterious mission of mysteriousness, although technically rare was it by choice. It just now started becoming a common thing for her to do by habit. However, she had been partnered up with someone from the newer guild, Silver Wolf. Understandable. The tower probably had some interesting things to learn as far as magical research was concerned. Knowledge was also something Lamia Scale valued, and even herself personally. She could allow herself to aid whoever was representing that guild obtain as much information as possible before the tower was disabled. That was the end goal for her, after all. The structure couldn't just remain there for days on end in the name of research. It had to be removed. She could only hope the mage that was set to meet up with her would be quick about it. Although many spirits informed the summoner that it was likely her that would be the one to stall while inside.

Samira had already been busy calming the restless comments and rumors going on about the tower. She especially wanted to ensure no one else just waltzed in after her. It would just be herself and whatever mage Silver Wolf sent for the mission. During this task, several of her spirits had alerted her of a new arrival within the guild hall. It was not a person they recognized so too most likely conclusions could be made; a new member or the Silver Wolf representative. Really a new recruit should have turned around and ran after hearing the rumors of the tower so the latter theory had to be the correct one. Samira left a group of mages that were around her and walked over towards the girl that had just stepped into the hall and looking a bit lost.

"Excuse me," she started to say as she approached. "I am Samira Nassar, an Ace of this guild. I assume you are the one that is representing Silver Wolf? Haley Musea correct?"

Template by ○Kaori

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Morrigan
    Morrigan

Character Sheet
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Morrigan 25th May 2018, 11:01 pm

Haley blinked, and the world became achromatic, nothing but black and white. Everything was dulled off detail. However a white bright trial lead her to a woman talking among a group and suddenly said trial pulsed. Haley blinked again. The mage could sense the tremendous power that is inside whoever Fate has decided to pick among the crowd. Then that woman approached and it became rather clear. Haley conjured a book, the Book of Legends and held it to her sides. While the item itself is treasured as a magical artifact, Haley wonders if someone of the Lamia Scale, a guild with a similar goal to Silver Wolf, to recognize it. Especially one who omits a power that is much higher than hers.

The woman before her was Samira Nassar, just as she hypothesized. The mage looked at Samira with a gaze of brief inspection. Haley smiles and nods.

"Yes indeed Miss Samira, I am Haley Halcyon Musea, and it is a pleasure to be working with a Guild Ace," Haley sticks her out for a handshake and once their greetings were exchanged, Haley's expression grew slightly serious.

"I'm sure as Guild Ace of the Hargeon Town resident guild Lamia Scale I belive you are aware of the situation that has currently popped up in your town. The spire has popped up in the harbors of Hargeon, disrupting trade to the mainland through Hargeon town, though it has not seem to stop the West Fiore Trading Company thanks to their technological advancement that no trading company in Fiore has yet to display," Haley spoke rather fast but in clear articulation. "Numerous local reports state that the tower is peaked by a strong thundercloud, which has been identified as strongly unnatural yet displaying a natural power, as if the gods themselves are controlling the thundercloud. Expeditions into the tower structure has ended in failure due to death toll. No one that went in seemed to ever come out. There have been rarities, but they display strong symptoms of insanity and have yet to recover." Haley then smiled. "However I am sure someone of your prowess would be capable of taking this mission with ease. I will merely be supporting you whenever I can." Haley then takes the book from her side and it glows. Three blue lights flew out and formed humanoid bodies with tiny wings.

"If there is anything you need to prepare before our expedition into the tower, these three are fully capable of grabbing them the moment you deem it so."

Samira Nassar
    Samira Nassar

Celestial Avatar

Celestial Avatar

Main Account- Mythical VIP Status- God VIP Status- Dragon VIP Status- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Mythical- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Demon Slayer- Zodiac Key- Legal Guild Ace- Z-Rank- Y-Rank- X-Rank- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Wanderer- EXP Grinder- Jewel Grinder- Job Creator- Working Together- Forever Solo- Christian Minecraft Server- I Have Friends...- Teaming Up!- Limited Edition- Hired Help- Idolize- Unknown Powerhouse- Unknown Legend- The Completionist- Achiever- Expert Achiever- Over Achiever- Buddy Buddy- Obligatory Beach Episode- Sticking Around- Loyal to the Bone- Solo Artist- Taskmaster- Collector- Halloween Social- Halloween job event participant - Haiku Contest Participant- Lineage Making Contest Participant- Richie Rich- Rich- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Tertiary Magic- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 2nd Place Event/Contest Winner- Christmas Event Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Advertisement Achievement Badge- Motor City Rush- Hero- Summer Special Tier 5- Summer Special Tier 4- Summer Special Tier 3- Summer Special Tier 2- Summer Special Tier 1- Summer Special Donor- Summer Special Participant- Player 

Character Sheet

Post by Samira Nassar 1st June 2018, 1:10 am

"Mages come in all shapes and sizes. Where one may falter at something, another may excel."

Post Word Count: 1055
    Thread Word Count: 1655

Slay the Tower[Job/Private] V6JIcYH       Slay the Tower[Job/Private] WOyJ6my       Slay the Tower[Job/Private] JOeaZ9l       Slay the Tower[Job/Private] W1bEUgL       Slay the Tower[Job/Private] MrksPDy
    "Indeed. It is nice to meet someone else from Silver Wolf," Samira stated with a small smile as she reached out her hand to meet Haley's and shook hands. "I am somewhat acquainted with your guild master, but that is about it. I have been curious as to what sort of mages are within its ranks given it is a guild based on magic development. I had intended to send some magical artifacts that way eventually. With my position and other guild matters I have not been able to find time to do it myself. The current issue being a prime example of distractions." As she spoke she slowly retracted her hand and brought it back to her side, all the while also observing the girl more and making a few mental notes. Haley seemed to be pretty normal in appearance. Honestly Samira wasn't quite sure what she was expecting in that regard, so why did it come off as surprising that Haley was dressed like everyone else? Maybe she pictured some sort of scientist labcoat and briefcase full of research equipment. The bandana upon the head of black locks stood out a great deal. A slight thought on whether the three feathers that were sticking out from it had some sort of significance or were some sort of fashion statement that she was not yet aware of also crossed her mind. Samira chose to not ask about it. Or rather, she wasn't given much of a choice.

After Samira had finished speaking the Silver Wolf member took her turn at speaking, in a very clear and serious manner. The Lamia Scale Ace could only blink her eyes in astonishment as the other woman went into detail about the tower and what it had already affected in such a short time. Samira was unaware that anyone had come out of the tower at all. True they were displaying signs of insanity and may never recover, but it was amazing that word had not yet reached her of it and yet this Haley already knew that much. She had indeed done her fair share of research into the matter before even arriving. That was a rarity for Samira to witness. Normally she was the one with all the information. It was going to be quite the experience working with someone more knowledgeable than she was. "Y-yes, of course." Samira replied, her mind still caught off guard by the sudden realization that she was a bit inferior as far as that type of knowledge went. Well, she supposed that was why she was not a magical scientist as a career. Just as Haley said, her talent was now more focused on the power side of things. She would be dealing with whatever was in that tower that intended to cause harm while Haley would be acting as support. My how things have changed for her.

Samira watched as Haley took a book from her side, now glowing. It was an object the summoner had noticed earlier during her moment of observation but had not given it all too much attention. The main details of the cover had been covered up to a point that the only way she could have seen them originally was to move to Haley's side to take a peak at it. She had not been interested enough to do that for she thought it was just a normal ordinary book or research journal, much like the ones she owned and wrote in on a near nightly basis. It proved to be a magical book, however, and Samira became very interested in the object because of it. Three blue lights then flew out, causing her to step back a bit as a natural reaction from the sudden magic use. The lights formed into humanoid shaped beings with tiny wings. Samira stepped forward and reached out in an attempt to poke one of them. They were considered cute to her, an opinion she kept to herself. "Fascinating," she commented in wonder, sort of forgetting all about Haley already.

'Oi! You do not need another cute thing. You already have plenty of spirits that are cute. Just look at me. I'm adorable!'

'Indeed. Is my light not cute enough to satisfy you? Should I become smaller to correct this?'

'I was cursed with this cuteness and I am being ignored for a tiny glowlight...'

'Wow... are you all really that jealous of tiny lights with wings?'

Everyone else: 'YES'

'You are all insane.'

"Will you all cease your nonsense?" Samira replied to the spirits in her mind out loud, probably confusing the other woman that likely overheard it. Not that, that mattered for she still forgot Haley was even there as she kept trying to poke at the cute little humanoid shaped lights. "You are all adorable." Still talking to the spirits.

Her gaze then went down and towards the book the lights came from originally. The details of its cover were taken in and the green orbs on her face widened and she gasped. No longer was she interested in the glowing lights. "Is that?! No!" She knelt down with her face even closer towards the book for a better look, assuming Haley had not yanked it away by then. "That cover. That tree symbol. The design of the chain and medallion. Is that the Book of Legends?!" No, impossible. The Book of Legends was itself a legend. It simply did not exist. There were no clues or traces of its existence. But... there it was. Was it a fake? Another book designed to look like it because Haley was a fan? Samira didn't know. Either way, a large and excited grin was on her face and it took everything in her to not jump around and squeal at the amazingness of the book being in her presence.

"How did you find it? Can I take a picture? Can I touch it?" Samira covered her mouth and gasped while standing up fully. "Can I hold it?!" She dared asked, uncovering her mouth and clasping her hands together in front of her, almost begging. The spirits in her mind were shaking their heads and sighing hopelessly. Once again their summoner lost her mind because of some ancient item. That hadn't happened in a very long time.

Template by ○Kaori

Morrigan
    Morrigan

Character Sheet
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Morrigan 1st June 2018, 2:55 am

Haley blinked at Samira's sudden outburst, wondering if the mage had something Haleu was not aware off. The mage did not delve into research on the guild ace as to ne polite. The fairies jingled and chime like bells, they seem to be enjoying the attention. Then Samira proceeds to say everyone was adorable, making Haley even more confused but the fairies happier.

However snaps Samira to her book. Haley recognized the glimmer and sparkle in the guild ace's eyes. She recognized the kinship.

"IT IS THE BOOK OF LEGENDS!" Haley squealed. "It just appeared in my library one day and I almost spent every hour reading it!" Haley smiled dreamily. Haley then noticed Samira's somewhat wild reaction and laughed before handing the book to Samira. "Knock yourself out!" The fairies that flew around Samira suddenly grew excited as they flew around the book before pointing out a page on the book excitedly.

Samira Nassar
    Samira Nassar

Celestial Avatar

Celestial Avatar

Character Sheet

Post by Samira Nassar 3rd June 2018, 8:10 am

Post Word Count: 537
    Thread Word Count: 2192

"Really?!" Samira was actually allowed to hold the book?! Her eyes became sparkling stars as she reached for the item that had been handed to her. It took a great deal of effort to contain the excited squeal that was just begging to be set free. There was still some amount of dignity within her even after letting her more serious demeanor fall, after all. She couldn't allow herself to look too foolish. But... but.. It was the Book of Legends! Her grandfather had told her the story of its disappearance from the world when she was just a child. If only she could tell him now that she was holding it! That or very gullible if it turned out to be a fake. But, that was being negative. She was going to believe it was the real one without question just to make herself be happy and be able to cross that off the bucket list.

The summoner had a wide grin on her face as she flipped through the pages, the small humanoid shaped lights even pointing one out for her. "I cannot believe it is real," Samira told the other woman in awe while looking at the pages. Then her gaze went up to stare at her. "And it just appeared in your library one day? Extraordinary. Impossible even to think about. It almost sounds as if it was there for you alone. Is there some sort of connection with it where your family history is concerned?" A question she thought was innocent enough. Her keys worked in a similar manner. They were tied to her alone and no one else would have ever been able to call upon the spirits attached to them even if they had found them first, and some had. Throughout all the researchers and adventurers trying to find that book none had succeeded. The book itself had found someone to make use of it instead, or at least that was what it sounded like. Unless some other mysterious force had obtained it and left it in the library for Haley to find later. What a mystery that Samira wish she could take the time to solve.

Samira closed the book and pulled out her iLac. A quick snapshot of the cover had been taken. "Just to have evidence for myself later on. This could all be a dream," she said with a light chuckle as she passed the book back. That was most certainly going in her journal entry later on.

'Soooo.... should someone tell them about that mission concerning studying and getting rid of some weird messed up tower in the ocean? You know, the mission they are supposed to be doing? Right now? Instead of fangirling over a book?'

'Probably. But, why rush to get to work? Lets relax and have fun while we can.'

'Righto. What game are we playing this time?'

And so the spirits had decided to partake in board and card games. Old books wasn't exactly an interest to them whatsoever. Maybe if one of them lost a few rounds they'd actually remind their summoner of the mission she was supposed to do. Before things got worse. Maybe. Game time was serious business.

Template by ○Kaori

Morrigan
    Morrigan

Character Sheet
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Morrigan 19th June 2018, 11:51 am

Haley could barely contain her excitement as she watched Samira get pumped too. Haley could see a kinship, a fire in Samira's eyes for knowledge. However as she watches Samira and the fairies have their fun, Haley felt a chill. And she froze. To Samira Haley would look like she is daydreaming, which is good, cause it would scate the hair off anyone if their mission partner froze up like water in an instant freezer.

Haley found herself in facing the multiple possibilities Fate had set before her. The thing about Fate was it is incredibly hard to describe. Fate is not Time, but Time is an essence of Fate. Destiny is not Fate, but Destiny is of Fate. It was because of Fate's ambiguiaty that prevented Haley from fully comprehending what Fate will definitively show her. Her eyes follow the many white lines, watching them flash in and out of existence along the stream. However her eyes lay on on picture. The Tower in Hargeon. Haley then found herself pulled back to rhe rwal world.

To Haley, it was viewed like it was hours, but to everyone else, mere seconds. Haley blinked and rubbed her eyes after lifting her glasses up. Hating to ruin Samira's enjoyment of the book, she had to break the fact their objective have yet to be done.

"Samira I know that the book is amazing and all, but we got a job to finish..." Haley tapped her fingers together, sweating forming on her head as she bursts Samira's bubble. "As much as I would love to discuss the book with you... It would be extremely unwise to ignore the massive tower in the sea that has made several people and parties go missing."

Samira Nassar
    Samira Nassar

Celestial Avatar

Celestial Avatar

Character Sheet

Post by Samira Nassar 22nd June 2018, 6:45 pm

Post Word Count: 1032
    Thread Word Count: 3224

Her words regarding it all being a dream to see the book may as well have been the queue for the Silver Wolf member to start a daydream of her own. The Lamia Scale Ace stood there awkwardly with the book held out, waiting for its owner to take it back. The action of her taking the book back would not come to pass as the girl zoned out. It wasn't a long moment of zoning out, only a matter of seconds, but it was noticeable enough to her. Perhaps because she often did the same thing when listening to her spirits talk. Although that usually resulted in her standing around in mid-conversation for minutes rather than seconds. She never did ask what sort of magic Haley used so maybe it was a summoning type of similar nature.

"Haley?" After speaking her name, the older mage had left whatever was keeping her from reality and came back. Samira remained silent in the few seconds it took for the other to rub her eyes, but once Haley spoke again she almost wished she was still zoned out. Her bubble had indeed burst. The activity of looking at the book and flipping through its pages had been completed considering she had been trying to give it back, but she still wanted to talk about it some more. It almost made her go into a childish pout at being reminded that she did have certain responsibilities. Figures. Always a crisis going on, always more work. There wasn't even anyone else she could send. Not that it mattered since Haley would also still have to go to the tower if she did not. Samira could only sigh and agree with the wise words. The tower could not be ignored any longer. "I suppose you are right..." A tone of disappointment instead of the embarrassment she should have been feeling. Or even the guilt she should have been feeling from so easily forgetting about those that had gone missing in the tower. Well, she could certainly make it up to them by saving them, couldn't she?

"Lets get to it then." She continued to hold the book out and waited for Haley to claim the item that was rightfully hers, and then proceed to make her way out of the guild hall, expecting the other mage to follow along. "As for your offer earlier to allow the little lights to obtain anything I needed, I thank you, but it is not necessary. My spirits already hold most of the essentials in their own realm and I can access those items at any time." Or so she thought. The powers of the tower would soon burst another bubble of hers when she found out she would be incapable of accessing most of her abilities and spirits.

Once outside she paused her steps. Why was she bothering to walk the entire way to the bridge that came along with the mysterious tower? Honestly. She needed to stop with the habit of doing things the more difficult way. "Janus." At her call a celestial portal opened and quickly vanished as the magic particles formed into the spirit itself. He greeted the summoner, and Haley as well, giving a gentle and kind smile despite the rest of him looking as if he were put together with metal and different mechanisms. That was as far as he got though before Samira asked him to make a portal to the bridge. His glowing eyes looked in the direction of the mysterious tower and he almost laughed. It really was not that far so he had to frown. He was being pulled away from game night to bypass a simple stroll?

"My dear.... really?"

"I have to make up the time that was lost somehow. Now could you please make the portal?"

The spirit could only shake his head in a disapproving manner, but still the portal was made. It wasn't as if she was asking for much and he was still her spirit. The portal master then vanished in a puff of particles. As for the portal, it continued to remain in the mortal world even if he did not. The pale blue celestial energy swirled, waiting for the pair of mages to step through it before disappearing. Naturally, it would disappear regardless if they took it or not. It did have a timer so it was best to not dilly dally. Samira turned towards Haley if she was still there waiting. "This will take us to the bridge. It is usually safe and aside from a few mishaps nothing of a serious nature has gone wrong with taking his portals." There was nothing wrong with giving a slight warning and being honest! "If you choose to walk there I will be waiting before moving on into the tower." Then the green-haired summoner stepped through the portal, leaving Haley to make her own choice.

Regardless of how Haley got to the bridge, Samira would be waiting, the only difference in being how long of a wait there was. Still, even if Haley had chosen to take the portal there was enough time for Samira to get a bad feeling from the tower that stood on the other side of the stone bridge. She couldn't quite place on why though. Her magic didn't feel... right. Due to not being quite in the tower just yet she wasn't entirely affected by its power, but it was close enough to make her feel like turning around was the best option. But when had she ever listened to that instinct? Never really, and the few times she had she didn't have the choice to actually go through with ditching a mission. This was another of those times, but of course, she was also a high ranking mage and an Ace of a legal guild. What could go wrong?

"Are you ready to cross?" She asked of her companion and waited until there was confirmation that she was before taking the first step on the stone bridge, and the second, and the third, and however many after that as the start of their journey to the tower began.

Template by ○Kaori

Non-template Version:

Morrigan
    Morrigan

Character Sheet
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Morrigan 24th June 2018, 8:29 am

Haley's eyes were fixated on Janus when he appeared in the particles. The fairy lights had taken an odd curiosity to Janus's particles, flying around the mechanical construct. Haley had never thought such a being could exist. The book flips and reveals the page of Janus to her. It seems that the drawings were not able to catch Janus's many gears but they had the symbolism there. The God of Portals. Haley looks up and sees the glowing blue portal. Samira's words of warning made her slightly less excited about the whole idea. However she just did it anyway. After Samira took her way in, Haley followed after.

Haley immediately felt a sensation that bewildered her mind. It felt odd. There was a magical presence inside that made her shiver right down to the bone. Cocking her head to relieve her strained muscles and the feeling of stress of the situation, Haley nods towards Samira, and follows her in. Their first thing they notice was, the Tower shuts behind them and the torches inside grew ablaze. The sound of rumbling signaled thunder. A soft green light appears to their side, a shopkeeper?

"HOWDY STRANGERS! I'M PETE THE-" Pete blew up into disgusting bits. Just then a man with a really large cannon on his shoulders walk in from the back of the store. Massive he was that he was actually bending over to fit into the little store. His tiny apron was dwarfed by his muscular arms. "Ugh Stalkers, annoying dingits. Greetings ladies, my name is Alard Schmied Leystone Ore. Just call me Ore. I'm here to inform you both that you have enter the Tower, and with it comes as you would notice limits." Haley suddenly felt weakened, though it was not significant.

"The only way to restore your powers if with these," Ore holds up something from the dead Pete. A stone that glowed slightly. "Gather enough of them and they restore a tier of your powers, especially to the significantly strong lady over there." Ore points to Samira. "However you may come to me or my many colleagues in the higher levels for items, especially this one." Ore points to the tiny knife behind him. "You'll need it trust me." Ore then looks grimly at Haley as Haley notices her knives disappear. "See? This tower is scary. Many others tried, and they died. I hope you two would prove much better."

Samira Nassar
    Samira Nassar

Celestial Avatar

Celestial Avatar

Character Sheet

Post by Samira Nassar 4th July 2018, 8:54 pm

Rolling enemies for the randomized fun factor!

NPC
    NPC

Mentor : Admin

Character Sheet
    First Magic:
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by NPC 4th July 2018, 8:54 pm

The member 'Samira Nassar' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

'Monster Dice' :
    Slay the Tower[Job/Private] TV6mrb1 Slay the Tower[Job/Private] UtKyMUJ
    Samira Nassar
    Samira Nassar

Celestial Avatar

Celestial Avatar

Character Sheet

Post by Samira Nassar 4th July 2018, 10:08 pm

Post Word Count: 1239
    Thread Word Count: 4463

As the duo crossed the bridge that feeling got even worse for Samira. Her companion did not seem to be all that bothered by it, but it was also unlikely she was experiencing the same effects as she was. The mental connection with her spirits in the celestial realm was starting to mixed with static. That had never happened before in all of her years of having spirit contracts. She had turned the link with them completely off before, and they had turned their own off before as well. Static though? That should have been impossible, and it got worse the closer she got to the tower. Not a single word they said could be understood even if she heard part of their voices. That is, until they were completely overpowered by the loud noise. The woman cringed, and had to turn it off completely before the headache turned into a severe migraine.

Upon reaching the tower, they both found that the first room and corridors were completely dark. Samira stepped inside cautiously, putting herself ahead of Haley in case there was some sort of trap or guard. She was supposed to be the protector of sorts during the mission, and as far as she knew her shield was still working properly. It wasn't. Thankfully she would not have to find that out the hard way as nothing was there to instantly attack. All was quiet and still at first. Then as soon as Haley stepped inside and took more steps further the entrance shut behind them and the room was lit as the fire of the torches along the walls came to life. Thunder echoed as the storm that surrounded the tower grew more fierce. As if the place needed anymore effects to set the tone.

Samira had turned as the doors slammed shut, but then a noticeable green light demanded attention. Well, for a second anyway. Some sort of creature that resembled the look of a zombie suddenly appeared and... was introducing himself? A little odd for a zombie... and not what she had expected from something that lived inside the invasive structure. Naturally upon seeing him her instincts were to call on a spirit to deal with him. His friendly introduction had not come quick enough for her to stop herself from reaching for a key, and then he exploded into bits of rotting flesh that flew in all directions from the attack. Well, apparently her plan was completely unnecessary.

Following the explosion, the source of the attack came from behind the oddly placed shop. A large muscular man wearing an apron much to small for him. The sight was comically ridiculous. "I am beginning to have flashbacks to some of my other missions." The thing they all had in common being absolutely ridiculous. Just what was this tower and why did it have a random shop in the middle of it?! Was it supposed to be some sort of tourist attraction that sold souvenirs? The man introduced himself with a name that made the summoner facepalm just from hearing it. Alard Schmied Leystone Ore. Yep, it was one of those missions after all. He had begun to explain the tower and the limitations it put on those who entered. Samira had been feeling the minor effects before, but as soon as he mentioned it, it was as if a switch flipped. She felt considerably drained of power and many of her keys she could no longer feel their magical energy from. They had gone back to the dormant state they had been in when she originally found them over a decade ago. All except a small few. Her very first spirits. Oh dear.... it had been so long since she had to rely on her weaker spirits as a defense. Samira's face paled and went completely blank, then her inner self cried. She was back to being completely useless! Well partially. It depended on what all lurked within the tower.

There was one saving grace though. The man had picked up a glowing stone from the pieces of the late Pete. Getting enough of them would be able to restore their powers and be able to access weapons, since apparently weapons brought into the tower disappear as well, Haley's being an example of it. No wonder many mages never came back out. "Is this place supposed to be some sort of game? I do not understand the purpose of its existence or why it is set up the way it is. The only thing I can gather from it is entertainment value." If it ended up being some deadly reality show that aired on lacrimavision channels she would have quite a few words with whoever was in charge. For now though, it was too late to turn back.

"Haley," Samira would call on the other mage to get her attention. With her power now being the equivalent of a weak mage, she may as well be honest and set things straight. The Silver Wolf mage would no longer be allowed to just stay back and handle the research and data collecting in peace while Samira handed all the enemies as was originally planned. "Regardless of what I could do before, I am incapable of any of it now. I can only feel the power of my weakest spirits, and only two of them are viable for eliminating enemies. Short of slapping anything we run into, I also have no abilities of my own anymore. You will now have to provide a little more than just support if we are to get through this place alive and get rid of it." The two mages were unexpectedly on equal terms in regards to power levels and rank now. Samira could only hope Haley's magic had some spells that could aid with eliminating enemies for some of those stones. They would need them eventually for whatever stood as the "boss" level.

Once Haley was ready, Samira would first try convincing the man if they could have that one stone that came from Pete. It was technically their enemy, after all. The stone should go to them! The summoner would be left with the answer of no. Outside she was okay with it, inside she was annoyed. It was going to be such a long day.

The first floor was very easy, with Pete having been the only "enemy." He was mostly used for the tutorial level. A set of stairs was easily found, leading up to the next floor of the tower. Torches were ablaze on this floor as well, but it was not really required. The golden glow of gold pieces filled the corridors. A thick trail of gold pieces was on the floor, leading further down and into a room filled with random chests. Along with skeletons and some bloody belongings. Maybe the hopes that they would contain easy peasy gold pieces and stones to be better equipped were going to be dashed really quick. Before reaching that room though Samira would stop, and motion for Haley to do the same if she had not already gone ahead. There were sounds of groans coming from somewhere on that particular floor. So far just the one. Along with shuffling noises. "Another one of those stalkers, I imagine," she whispered so as not to draw attention. "I do not think this one will be as social as Pete."

Template by ○Kaori

Nom-Template Version:

Morrigan
    Morrigan

Character Sheet
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Morrigan 24th October 2018, 9:22 pm

Haley had never thought there could be places of such a scary power. To whisk away her precious knives was more than enough to make her feel insecure even if there was a very powerful mage with her. However her insecurities only grew stronger when she realized her abilities are merely limited to the book in her hands. Even with its mystical prowess it was no match for the tower's influence over both of them.

Her mind was however sent into a panicking spiral after learning Samira had been stripped of a lot of her powers. It was comforting to see how calm the experienced mage was, and it was enough to at least bring Haley back from anything too much for herself to handle.

Instead her mind flipped gears. Many mages rely so much on stronger and stronger spells, they may forgot the roots and basics. Haley thinks that Samira may not be facing that sort of problem of over reliance, but she believed those who entered were being too cocky. Taking a breath she continues to methodically think their plan again, taking into account what Samira told her and what Mr.Ore had told their small group.

The original plan of letting Samira do most of the work and being her escort was no longer viable. In this tower they were equal in strength and the only way to regain their lost strength, even if Haley's is minimal, was to defeat enemies to gain some sort of magical stone piece. Haley gulped. Outside of her summons in the book she was powerless in defending herself. No fairies to act like extra eyes, no abilities from her heritage was even accessible to her. Try as hard as she could she could not will another form. At least they kept her current one, it would be been quite embarrassing if they reverted her to her most basic shape. Haley was going to have to pull more weight than she was planning too.

After hearing how Ore rejected giving the stone piece, as he was the one who killed Pete and not them, it left Haley slightly bitter that there was no head start despite the many failures. It felt like a sick game invented for the amusement of sadistic minds. At least the hand they were dealt with was informative enough to know their next course of action, ascend. So Haley followed Samira up a flight of stairs, book in hand.

The second floor almost twisted knobs in Haley's mind to stuff her pockets with as much as she could carry. So much gold everywhere. It was a thief's paradise. The sounds of groaning and shuffling prompted her lead to stop, and so Haley followed in suit. Now that Samira brought to light again the possibility of a much more hostile version of Pete, there was a silent agreement Haley felt the two had that it was best to carefully think out every action and every word spoken.

Gently Haley slipped towards a barrel along the corridor, watching as a decayed figure hunched over bags of gold as if guarding them. Looking towards Samira, she takes a breath before flipping open the book and towards a few pages before finally stopping on one. A picture, drawn by hand, of a figure in a robe, the only visible protrusion two antlers resembling those of a small deer. Text describing this enigma calls it a protector of the forest, a god older than most. Hernes was its name.

"I summon forth 'The Ghost of Windsor', Hernes!" Haley uttered in a hushed whisper. A gentle gale suddenly blows past Samira, as if teasing the summoner's emerald locks before gathering as a small hood figure with two antlers from where the head would be, no larger than a child, right before Haley. Two glowing green eyes stared at Samira and then a key on her belt. Hernes goes up to the figure, staring at the key of Cernunnos, before bowing respectfully at Samira, as if in apology.

"I never seen him act like that before," Haley stared, a sparkling curiousity in her eyes. "I wonder what Hernes thinks of you. But for now... Can you help us Hernes?" The cloaked figure bowed, much quicker and seemingly as if to say a quick yes. Haley pointed towards the stalker, and Herne took a child sized peek. The figure then jumped over the barrel and a bow, forged from oak wood forms in the air and fires a magical arrow of green, surprisingly the shambler and causing it to begin its hideous charge. Another arrow struck the shambler's rotten body and causes it to fall. Relieve Haley thanks Hernes before inspecting the shambler's body for loot. Quietly a chest moves towards Haley, a wide tongue quickly leaving its lid as if it was a mouth licking its lips.

Word Count: 811

Samira Nassar
    Samira Nassar

Celestial Avatar

Celestial Avatar

Character Sheet

Post by Samira Nassar 2nd March 2019, 4:52 pm

((With the new Word Count rules, just going to finish this up instead of cancelling like we originally planned))

Haley had proven to be able to handle the wandering tower zombie with ease, well more like the curious summon of hers was able to handle it. Samira didn't quite know why it had taken an interest in one of her keys in particular, and unfortunately, Cernunnos wasn't one that spoke a lot. Asking him if he knew why would be a futile effort. The young woman then began to check the corpse of the zombie for loot. She was distracted, but it wasn't as if the Silver Wolf mage was alone. Samira had been keeping an eye on the surroundings, and at this point in time she did have two spirits of her own that were still on the level of starting spirits. They were not blocked from use by the tower's powerful magic. The creepy treasure chest that kept koving closer and closer while showing its tongue as if it spotted its next meal had been noticed. And then it was set on fire by Samira's fire spirit, Agni. The thing shrieked and bounced away to try and reach a safer spot, but the flames never did fade and the thing turned to ash.

This was how the adventure continued. The attacks of several more monsters wandering the tower or waiting around for foolish adventurers. There were many more zombies and treasure chests that had claimed victims of other mages that tried to get through the tower. Yet, there were also worse things and more surprises for those that got passed them. A type of golem was also encounted, but alas, they were practically undefeatable. They could only be stunned long enough to get passed them. It made gathering research on the place difficult, but with a few visits to the shop after collecting some loot things became even easier. More surprising was the last enemy the two faced on their journey. A tiny enemy that also went by the name Susano, much like one of her spirits. It was laughable really to think there was yet another version of the actual god around on the mortal plane of existence, and even more so because it was so tiny. In a very summarized version of the fight, he was defeated. The research was also gathered, the two escaped the tower, and the tower itself disappeared. Mission complete.

(Word Count for Post: 389
    Total for Me: 4852)

Morrigan's Word Counts:

Post 1: 292
    Post 2: 423
    Post 3: 153
    Post 4: 289
    Post 5: 404
    Post 6: 811

Total: 2372

Total Word Count for Thread: 7224

Current date/time is 28th March 2024, 3:28 pm