Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

King of them All (job w/ Xiao Jing)

Lethe
    Lethe

Alt Account- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Dragon Slayer- Neutral Guild Ace- X-Rank- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- EXP Grinder- Christian Minecraft Server- I Have Friends...- Limited Edition- Unknown Powerhouse- Unknown Legend- Achiever- Expert Achiever- Sticking Around- Loyal to the Bone- Taskmaster- Halloween job event participant - Rich- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Novice [250]- Summer Special Participant- Player 
    Lineage : Warrior Dragon
    Position : None
    Guild : Meliora Vitae
    Cosmic Coins : -
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 2,290,286

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Archive Magic
    Second Magic: Iron Dragon Slayer
    Third Magic:

King of them All (job w/ Xiao Jing) Empty King of them All (job w/ Xiao Jing)

Post by Lethe 25th April 2018, 3:10 pm

Information, Your Highness?:

Last edited by Adalinda Ortinbras on 7th May 2018, 3:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Lethe
    Lethe

Alt Account- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Dragon Slayer- Neutral Guild Ace- X-Rank- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- EXP Grinder- Christian Minecraft Server- I Have Friends...- Limited Edition- Unknown Powerhouse- Unknown Legend- Achiever- Expert Achiever- Sticking Around- Loyal to the Bone- Taskmaster- Halloween job event participant - Rich- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Novice [250]- Summer Special Participant- Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

King of them All (job w/ Xiao Jing) Empty Re: King of them All (job w/ Xiao Jing)

Post by Lethe 25th April 2018, 3:13 pm

Rolling before we start for the lovely monsters we get <3

_____________________________________________________________________________________

NPC
    NPC

Mentor : Admin

Character Sheet
    First Magic:
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

King of them All (job w/ Xiao Jing) Empty Re: King of them All (job w/ Xiao Jing)

Post by NPC 25th April 2018, 3:13 pm

The member 'Adalinda Ortinbras' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

'Monster Dice' :
    King of them All (job w/ Xiao Jing) TV6mrb1 King of them All (job w/ Xiao Jing) TV6mrb1 King of them All (job w/ Xiao Jing) UtKyMUJ
    Lethe
    Lethe

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Post by Lethe 25th April 2018, 4:19 pm

"IIIII need a break!" A black and blue streaked haired girl cries out while she runs out of the training hall. She goes over to the job board, and looks at it curiously. She then quickly snatches a job off the board and eyes it curiously. Her days had been pretty bland lately. Nothing going on day in and day out for the past couple weeks. She was mainly training herself more and more. "Time for more money." She muses as she looks over to Tamaria. She was adjusting her jacket on her shoulders and takes a deep breath.

"You have enough money, Ada... you're just bored, don't try to say it's both. With Yuudai, you're set." She tells her dragon slayer. "You're just waiting the oncoming days the babies come out of their pods and you can play with them while you're here." The dragon slayer snickers and shrugs her shoulders. She observed the paper and then passes it to the exceed. "'Fifteen thousand Jewels for anyone who can bring back the tail, or tooth of the King of Beasts to the chief of the hunter village... He, and his clan, have been terrorizing the villagers here and would like him gone. Whomever kills the beast, shall also be known as a Great Hunter(s) among the village.' Really? You want the fame... of course." She rolls her eyes and hands the paper back. "Gonna do this on your own? Or going to be a team player again?" Lately, Adalinda's been working a bit better with other people. It made Tamaria happy to see her slayer being so good now.

A grin was on Ada's face as she nods. "I wanna actually do a job with my fellow Dragon Slayer here in the guild. He's a Lightning slayer and joined the guild along with me at the same time." "Oh? What's his name?" Ada pauses as she opened her mouth to respond, but pauses as she forgot his name. Great. Just her luck. She scratches the back of her head and grumbles to herself. "What was the bastards name again...?" She mumbles under her breath. "Mack? Mavis? Marcie? Marco? Ah! I think he said his name was Marco!" She cries out excitedly. A few people around her looked at her like she was crazy, and she snickers as she grabs the paper and motions for Tamaria to get on her back as she quickly scans the area. "Where... is... he? I've seen him maybe once or twice around here..." She mumbles to herself. She didn't quite remember his smell, but she figured she could figure it out if she came across it. "I think he also had an exceed with him too? He smokes too. Like a cigar or something. So if you find someone with an umbrella, smokes, and an exceed, it quite possibly could be him." Ada chuckles as she snickers and jogs around the guild to find the fellow Dragon slayer she wished to see once more.

Words: 500

Stats:

Xiao Jing
    Xiao Jing

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Dragon Slayer- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Novice [250]- 1st Place Event/Contest Winner- Player 
    Lineage : Blessed by the Fourth Wall
    Guild : Onyx Moon
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Mentor : Tan Zheng✝; Damaris Hopes
    Experience : 650

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Dì Sì Shùnxù [ 2nd Gen ]
    Second Magic: TBA
    Third Magic: TBA

Post by Xiao Jing 28th April 2018, 9:50 am

in the latest midnight hours when the world has gone to sleep, you've gotta get up. when doubts begin to rise and the world is at your feet, you've gotta get up. reach, it's not as bad as it seems. i cleanse in the river for somebody else, for anyone but myself. i'm not a selfless man, i'm not a man of wealth.

For the longest time, Xiao Jing largely preferred to keep the majority of his days to himself and no one else, and it was all within reason, he thinks, for him to avoid the company of other people in favor of several days of solitude. It wasn't as much as he resented others, but more so that he'd been around very little people for a good portion of his time and that he was the sort to deviate from things unknown to him. Human connections proved their worth on the trial run, but there was no telling how much of a burden it may or may not behold later down the line. Of course, his cynical approach to this would more than likely appall most of the far-farren wizards out there, but his viewpoint would have only been fleshed out through experience.

It's a little cliche, he mused, almost as if he harbored a philosophy typical of a self-loathing, world-hating antagonist. The thought made him laugh. However, fickle, fleeting things like friendship and camaraderie have all failed him in the past, and while he yearns to truly separate himself from the bitterness of reality, Xiao Jing knew that time was unmerciful in relation to his scars - that they were never to heal, and it was fated to be as such.

And so was the redhead's plight upon discovering the newer contents of their shared journal, the stylish shorthand of the note likely to be Marco's. There, on aged paper, the words seemed to haunt him, talks of guilds and responsibilities and commitment thrusting into his gut like a hot knife.

What did that bastard hoped to achieve with this? Registering his name for a guild roster was extremely uncalled for, perhaps even a trespass of their agreement to respect each other's preferences regardless. Marco should have been aware that he lacked the backbone to work in a large group, much less the ability to commit to regulations. Turning a blind eye to his status of being guildless worked extremely fine in the past, yet for some reason, the 'adult' in their system of three found it bothersome to continue his wizarding efforts in such a state.

'Cooperate.' the note said, this particular word underlined by three strokes, 'This is for you.'

Initially, the slayer felt as if he could no longer truly trust Marco without doubting his choices once or twice, and that's certainly saying something due to the system and their lifespan in general being less at a loss when the alters spearhead the flow of his everyday. Surely, he'd been disappointed, yet the feeling was baseless, childish even. When compared to how convincing Marco's rationale was, his frustrations were unrealistic. There wasn't any evident harm in being in a guild by all means, for Xiao Jing need only adapt to the influx of people around him from there on out.

It was an overwhelming change, but not an unwelcomed one.

"I don't think it's that bad." spoke his exceed, "Free lodging, free food...isn't that your thing?"

The redhead fashions himself a grin in response, one that Meilin recognized far too well, "It is. But that's not the only thing that's keeping me here~" he said, the smile only slightly faltering.

Truthfully, the total amount of days he'd spent as a member of the curious trading guild largely escaped him for obvious reasons, but Xiao Jing was at least aware that it'd been at a decent duration for him to realize some benefits of losing the vagabond status. The commodities were appreciated, but what really grabbed at his interest was the amount of seasoned jobs that these guilds were receiving on an exclusive note. Seems that the popular opinion these days revolved around mages in guilds being more competent and trustworthy over those who simply run amuck. Having been employed here brought in some of the more grueling, hardcore requests to become readily available for him should he ever seek for some - long gone were the days of menial tasks, where not even the bare minimum of a fight existed.

Here, he felt at use, always busy, always moving.

On his shoulder, his black-pelted companion makes do with a shrug, realizing that her master wasn't in the mood to divulge on the topic any further. Instead, as they made a beeline for the conveniently erected job board about a few steps away from where they were, Meilin found her attention drawn unto a figure who stood parallel to their current position, close to the bulletin board that held what Xiao Jing probably considered his daily entertainment.

Oddly enough, the stranger gave off a feeling of familiarity to the exceed, more so as she and her slayer closed the distance between them in brisk steps.

"That girl...where have I seen her before...?" she whispered.

807 WORDS ● @Adalinda Ortinbras ● jingle bells, jingle bells
    deltra of gangnam style

#ff6600 (Jing) ● #ff3300 (Marco) ● #ff9900 (Rory) ● #9933cc (Pet)
    King of them All (job w/ Xiao Jing) 4912O3Uu_o
    CHARACTER ● MAGIC ● THEME ● BANK
    Lethe
    Lethe

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Post by Lethe 30th April 2018, 7:11 am

Adalinda and her little exceed had made around the entirety of the guild. Was the guy on a job? Exploring the island? She couldn't quite say. "Maybe ask Alisha?" The purple exceed questions her dragon slayer curiously. She nods and sees the secretary of the guild at the front desk. She goes over and leans on the table. "Lisha!" She pops up next to the endowed woman, and grins. "Got a question for ya darling." She runs a hand through her black hair as she looks to the glaring woman next to her. "Do you have to act like that towards me? What is it you want, Adalinda?" The dragon slayer grins to the girl, that she will always swear up and down is secretly dating the CEO, and wraps her arm around her a bit. "I'm looking for the guy who had come into the guild at the same time I did. Would you happen to... I dunno, know who he is, and where he is right now?" She questions him.

"Adalinda... no. I don't know where the guy who came here is... I don't pay attention to all people who come into this guild. Cirven and you are the exception." She grumbles to Adalinda, waving her away for now. "I need to do work, and track down your mentor again. Please, leave me be for now." She nods to her. As they make their way back to the job board after running around the guild once with a stop by the front desk, a scent had come to Adalinda that she found familiar, and she couldn't quite place what it was she had smelled. She closes her eyes for a moment as she tilts her nose up and tries to figure out the scent. Tamaria was by her feet as she looks around herself. She knew the face her dragon slayer was making, and knew she was sniffing the air. The purple eyed exceed gasps as she grabs Ada's leg and shakes it some. "Ada! Ada!" She cries up to her. The blue eyed girl looks down to Tamaria quietly, mildly upset that she was disturbed, and perks an eyebrow. Tamaria growls and climbs up Ada's side. "Don't give me that look! Look! I see an exceed with a guy coming over here!" She muses.

The slayers eyes quickly dart up when she hears 'exceed with a guy' and she sniffs the air. That's where the scent was coming from. She glares over at the two as she stays where she was, arms crossed over her chest with the exceed hanging on the side of her shoulder as if she was a jungle gym. Then it hit her while she had been trying to study them. This guy was the dragon slayer. She gasps and grins as she uncrosses her arms, moving enough to drop Tamaria. "Marco!" She cries out and jogs up to the guy. His strides helped her get to him quicker as she threw her arm around his shoulders. "Marco! Buddy! Haven't seen ya since we joined the guild!" She muses and holds the paper out at him to let him read it. In reality, she had forgotten he had mentioned his name being something else. She couldn't even remember what that name had been. "Want to go on a job with me? I wanna see you're slayer magic again with mine!" Someone clears their throat below them, and Ada moves the paper to see her exceed there. She blinks a minute before she gasps and points to him. "Oh! That's Tamaria! I found her after I joined the guild." She laughs, scratching the back of her head.

Tamaria nods before she looks at the other Exceed, and smiles nervously. "I've never met another exceed with a dragon slayer before. How are you and your slayer?" She asks as she adjusts her dress. She was honestly almost ready to flair her wings out, but she was containing them currently. Anyone could see the excitement in her as she lightly bounced from foot to foot.

Words: 659
    Total: 1179

Xiao Jing
    Xiao Jing

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Dragon Slayer- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Novice [250]- 1st Place Event/Contest Winner- Player 

Character Sheet

Post by Xiao Jing 5th May 2018, 9:06 pm

in the latest midnight hours when the world has gone to sleep, you've gotta get up. when doubts begin to rise and the world is at your feet, you've gotta get up. reach, it's not as bad as it seems. i cleanse in the river for somebody else, for anyone but myself. i'm not a selfless man, i'm not a man of wealth.

As far as he could remember, out of all them, Marco looked to be more socially-inclined from his habits alone. Jing's handful of friends already paled in comparison to his alter's lengthy list of 'connections', as he called it, and it was a relatively dismal piece of paper bound to the last page of their shared journal. Whatever importance these people presented largely escaped the slayer, but if it kept Marco's psyche afloat, then there'd be no harm -  the benefits however, were questionable, the term an essential description to how the host perceived this alter and everything else he did. But Jing knew much better than to doubt the stable one, purely out of safety considering that not even he could trust his decisions, much less the state of his mental health.

Of course, there was the other alter, Rory, to take into account...if he could, anyway. The childish bundle of sunshine and all things happy would rarely crawl out of their system to take dominion, so his notes on their journal were sparse and less informative. Rory would likely be a lot more popular in the friend department had he been equipped with a trigger that'd occur frequently, however. Nevertheless it was more than obvious that Jing was the lesser extrovert of the three, though it didn't necessarily mean that he received no experience in that area. Rather, having been swayed by his alters' whims on a set interval, the slayer had met far more people than normal, exchanging words with 'familiar' strangers was now more than just a passive skill set.

Feeling grateful however will almost always be a murky grey area, especially considering how spontaneous the encounters are.

"...Am I hearing things?" he asked, a single brow arched in curiosity as she studied the immediate environment around him.

Meilin appears to never hesitate as she unravels her wings, leaping off of her safe spot across her slayer's shoulder and out into the open, darting slightly forward. "Eh, eh! You aren't Jing. That woman is calling out for Marco, no doubt."

'What?'

His previous inquisitive face extends into one of shock, albeit slowly, where a pair of wide blue eyes took in the sight of an approaching figure - a woman, and the scent about her was of a most curious mix that confused him momentarily. Oh boy, who did Marco drag into his looney business again? Is she an accomplice? If she'd been here all this time, then was she another name in the guild's roster?

Another jarring thing about the situation was how fast she was that it appeared inhumane for her to catch up to him...or had Jing been too slow this entire time? The casual gesture that she prompted appeared to unfaze him, thankfully, for he'd been through far worse under the pretense that they mistook him as his alter - whether or not this was a thing he'd be indebted to Marco was a question he didn't have an answer to. Regardless, the circumstances moved relatively quickly for him to cope at an instant, and the next thing he sees after the woman's figure is paper and scribbles, his brief scan of the contents vaguely giving him an idea of a linear monster-related job.

Once she broke the shoulder-lock to coddle her exceed a little, Jing takes the limited chance to speak up, attempting to voice the gravity of his, and essentially Marco's, position here.

"I don't mind going, but uh..." he paused, processing the words as this part of the introduction was never the easiest, "Um, lady, did Marco never mention...another name? Something that sounded like Xiao Jing, does that ring a bell?"

Meanwhile, his black-pelted companion found herself greeting the woman's exceed in unbidden excitement, her tail swishing in a delighted motion upon registering the shy one that laid at her master's feet. She'd smooth herself a descent to properly speak to her, golden eyes clearly beaming, matching the highs and lows of her next words.

"Me neither! Wow, this is so cool!" the witch exceed proceeds to send her master a passing glance, her happiness briefly clouding her judgment. "Did you hear that Jing-yi? Another slayer!" she says.

Unbeknownst to what that would most likely imply for the redhead, Meilin moves to further speak to this fresh new face, one that was probably comforted her. "We were going to pick up a job to waste time on, but you guys beat us to it, hee~"

On the other side of things, the taller man beside the exceed has a tight expression, recollections of his time with his dragon-mother resurfacing with an ache between his ribs. Sharp, like the dragon's tongue, he muses, inhaling sharply as he desperately tries to grapple for some composure.

1607 words● @Adalinda Ortinbras ● NOTES
    deltra of gangnam style

Lethe
    Lethe

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Post by Lethe 7th May 2018, 3:32 pm

Adalinda grins rather widely as she sees how happy Tamaria seemed to be meeting another exceed. She was honestly excited for her exceed to make a friend as well. She just now worried that she'd ask for a mate. Adalinda didn't think she could easily find a male exceed around here. Or even on Fiore. As the other dragon slayer spoke up, Adalinda blinks and looks to him quietly. She blinks as she stares at him, looking like he had three heads. "Xiao... Jing...?" She scratches the back of her head as she tries to think on this. "That name... sounds familiar..." She grumbles to herself. She couldn't put her finger on it where the name was from.

Tamaria takes a deep breath as she puts a paw to her face. "I'll apologize for her... She's very forgetful. I'm guessing you have multiple names? Or maybe something like that?" Tammy asked before she looked to the other exceed. "Ada wanted to go on another job with this Marco fellow. A Lightning Slayer that had joined along with her. I don't know why though, but she was pretty eager to find him... you?" The purple exceed shrugs her shoulders as she let her violet eyes glance between the two. "W-what's your name? Since Adalinda said mine already." She beams as she glances back to her blue eyed slayer who happened to still be trying to figure out where she heard the other name still.

"Oh!" Adalinda snaps her fingers and points at the other guy. "He did mention something about a Xiao Jing before we docked here on Divide Island." She then looks down to the paper once again. She pats the paper and chuckles. "So what's the deal with Marco? Is he a twin or something? Why not have both your names on the roster together?" She asks as she shrugs her shoulders. Tamaria takes a deep breath as she starts shoving at the back of Ada's legs. She wanted to get her going a bit. "Alright! Alright! I'm going! I'm going! C'mon! Lets get to the..." She makes a face as she jabs her thumb to the dock. "Boats..." She grabs her sword on her hip a bit, ready to take off the hilt and drink from the flask.

Tamaria looks over her shoulder, and grins as she shoves Adalinda. "I'm rather excited to see how the two work together now. She mentioned working with a lightning slayer once before, but only briefly. And never thought she'd be willing to work with lightning at all." She says before Ada starts walking on her own more, glaring down at the cat before she continues on going to find a boat to have passage on.

When she found one, she boards it and sits in a corner, yanking off her hilt of the sword, leaving the cross guard and blade in it's sheath. As they traveled to Hargeon towns port, Adalinda had sipped the alcohol that the sailors had. She looked a little green, but was still able to help around. Tamaria was able to explain that because of the alcohol she continuously drank, she was able to wean back the motion sickness, even if she still felt queazy. The most common phrase one would hear Adalinda mumbling throughout the voyage to Hargeon, would be 'I need to get teleportation magic' over and over, even though Tammy would occasion carry her in the air, or even Shellton giving her a ride on his shell. Ada had offered Jing a ride on Shellton as well if he was sitting on the boat and feeling sick to give him a break from feeling sick.

After they had reached the port city, Adalinda groans while flopping onto her hands and knees the moment she's off the boat. She hated the sea legs she'd get continuously. "Alright! Next evil contraption, carriage over to Hunting Village." She grumbles. Tamaria had chuckled and simply helped Adalinda up and into a carriage to take them to their destination after Ada bought a second bottle of ale to refill her sword. It didn't take them long to approach Hunting Village as far as they could, and when they stopped, Ada was quickly jumping out of the carriage and groaning from having to endure it so long. "That's so not worth the ride!" She groans and shakes her head. She rubs her head a bit as someone starts to approach her.

"Excuse me... are... are you here to take care of the beasts?" Ada looks up and grins as she glances to Jing. "Of course we are. We'll have them done and roasted flat in no time! Leave it to us!" She boasts as she stands up straight, pointing her thumb at her chest with a smirk. She was feeling her nauseousness wearing off finally, and was getting fired up to do this job.

Words: 814
    Total: 1993

Xiao Jing
    Xiao Jing

Character Sheet

Post by Xiao Jing 11th May 2018, 9:39 pm

"Multiple names?" he pondered for a bit, "I guess you could call it that."

In a practical sense, for whomever Marco decided to concern himself, there'd be a third of that group of people (or half, actually) that is always less likely to remember the other name in whatever way it was revealed. Considering the way Marco functioned along with his dealings, it was only a practice of good nature to remind them that he wouldn't always be present to a suggested meeting. Someone else were to fill in the role as a middle man, he'd probably say, and be it his cousin or his brother or his conveniently manufactured clone, Marco never failed to fabricate an identity for Jing to mold into, as if to avoid further confrontation on their 'condition'. Not as if it were a secret they wouldn't dare to behold to the world, rather, there would probably be several leagues of questions that'd follow him ceaselessly and neither of them were gifted with a patience to answer. It was an awkward situation, and discussing it might only frustrate whoever was in dominion because truly...no one knew how or why it works - it just does.

The truth, at all costs, is a topic made for lengthy periods of time, ruling it out to be virtually impractical to sneak into a conversation made to end quickly.

Yet there, under the pretense of a chaste encounter was the stunning lack of any lie that Marco planted prior. Did he...really took the risk of Jing, of all people, to make the decision? When was it his turn to conjure up his identity? Of all the times that the alter chooses to make a leap for it, Xiao Jing is but left behind to man the wreckage himself, discern a role to play, and evidently decide between the harmless lie or the unsaid elephant in the room.

Then the other exceed spoke of Marco rearing the slayer title, which he did not mind on surface value until the situation further dawned upon him. He was here to assist in the woman's choice of job, and he was no fool to reject the opportunity. But that was essentially putting Jing in a position where, should he render his magic before them sooner than not, then there was little doubt that both the other slayer and her purple-pelted companion would regard the similarity between their magics with more than just confusion.

He gulped, a bolt of uncertainty glossing over him, if only for a moment until he'd have weakly grappled unto his self-control. Careful all the while, the slayer watched in eagerness as his exceed exchanged her name with a smile he could be envious off had he not noticed the minuscule twitch in her movement. She must've noticed the tension that wrung about between them concerning Marco, of all people, and him knowing her habits very well made it impossibly effortless to read Meilin's silent cues.  

"I-I'm Meilin!" she stuttered, tossing up her high octaves to give the impression of an elated tone, "Nice to meet you Tamaria, hope we get along well~"

Ah, that was a remarkable display at the very least. She held up her end of the bargain and it was enough, perhaps, to disregard the influx of awkwardness that was thrust upon them. Jing felt the necessity to comply in kind.

"I'll clear that up a little later." he told her, a curt reply in accordance to how she darted slightly forward to get the whole thing started, "Maybe later when we're-...oh, we're taking a boat?"

The word 'boat' posed a challenge to digest, primarily because as his experiences have implied, he did not fair well with human transport for an odd reason that he couldn't quite place. The sour feeling overtook his bodily functions in a way that made Xiao Jing shudder into his seat. Pain was an acquired taste for the redhead but that sort was something even he couldn't truly exceed without emptying the contents of his stomach.

If this was what he was going to ride today, then so be it.

With a sharp, noisy inhale of air he all but continues to steel himself, using his far more damning moments as a padding to absorb the hell that the redhead would be subjected to later on. In that time, the woman's exceed slightly regarded them with her words and it later planted some form of question in his mind as he mulled over it. What did she imply from working with lighting? Had it been unorthodox for her fighting style or was there something impeding it? Perhaps he'd consult Marco's friend list for any footnotes on the matter.

Arrival at the docks appeared to last a duration far shorter than he expected, and while he hesitated with as much as his pride allowed him, Jing boards the vessel with Meilin snuggling on into a curl over his shoulders, as if to pat him lightly on the back for having to endure his motion sickness for another time around. The moment it sailed immediately took a toll on him with a weight defined, pushing him down to a squat close to the edge of the boat. The sailors close by regarded his swaying figure with a pity, but more so for the blood that drained his face into a sickly complexion.

Bitterly, the slayer anchors his resolve to the sky and thinks of happy thoughts, suppressing the urge to just vomit into the sea with no qualms.

Funnily enough, the lady adjacent to him wasn't in a better position than he. He'd have found it oddly endearing to see someone else with the same problem hadn't the affliction of the motion-sickness acted so strongly upon him. Succumbing to the ruthlessness of the ocean against the boat, the redhead tactfully retreats into his own thoughts, humoring the cynical part of his brain with a mental note that tallied the after-effects as they played around with his bodily functions in perfect chronological order. The shortness of his breath, the ill-mannered pumping at the buck of his skull, the accented sloshing of the waves as he too, took to the rhythm with an inclination towards the closest barrel...and the most grieving, if not unmerciful, was the blurring of his vision that turned everything around him into trivial blobs of color.

His listening skills were a little less than credible considering he shook his head to every voice that came in close to his peripherals. Not a word slipped into that wall without seeming unimportant, though he could at least harbor some respect to whoever attempted to fan his person in wistful flaps as if to provide him a refreshing alternative. It didn't do much...but it was something worth some commend at least.

Later, having endured five trials of near-vomiting, Xiao Jing fled to the exit closest to him at a pace unnerving to some. He'd push his way through the sailors that unload cargo like a ghost, dizzy and dazed and weak-kneed from the experience until some semblance of his vitality returned. That wasn't for a long time, however, even as he could feel his exceed drag him inside another mode of transport. Inside the carriage, his figure sat paled from the hours prior, and it was nearly amusing to watch the color in his skin return in things as vitally simple as breathing - the open window there contributed a nice wind to air out his head and that was an improvement to his conditions before.

Wheeled things like this were forgivable at least. They weren't so constant like a ship and roads were only slightly concerning if there were many a curving roads up ahead. Jing were to be relatively fine across the journey, though the entirety of his bearings wouldn't take a full swing back into action until the carriage yielded it's travel at the foot of a village nestled between dense forests.

"Ahhhh....it's finally over..."
    he mumbled, quickly relieving himself from the confines of the carriage, "...Is this the village? Oh...seems to be the right place..."

The senses of a man after an ordeal such as the passing one was never truly stable until a little later, but Jing recognized his current partner's voice and her cheerful disposition immediately in slight awe. She seemed adaptable to the side-effects somewhat, perhaps a bit more durable than he who avoided all manner of transport on a daily basis. Heh, so much for masculine vitality at this point. He grinned, taking a step to include himself into the conversation with a single hand closing in on the umbrella that sat in its the holster than spanned his unadorned back.

"Right, and if you'd tell us where the little bastards are running around-" the umbrella comes undone from its container with a click, "-we'll make sure they'll never cause you any more trouble."

1488 [3095 words total] ● @Adalinda ● NOTES
    deltra of gangnam style

Lethe
    Lethe

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Post by Lethe 12th May 2018, 10:45 am

Tamaria gasped at the other exceeds name and put her paws on her cheek. "You have such a beautiful name! Ada! Make more friends with exceeds so I can have more friends myself!" She calls up to her slayer. Ada simply rolls her eyes as she pinches her nose a bit. "If I knew the whereabouts of other exceeds, I would drop kick you to them." She snickers at the exceed. Tamaria glares to Ada, before she had shoved her dragon slayer to the boat.

On the boat, Adalinda was holding her forehead softly. She wasn't liking this. "Y-Yeah! We're taking a boat. Easier on the exceeds anyways since it's a good long distance from here to Fiore." The black haired mage informs Jing. She gives him a weak smile as she felt bad to have dragged him on the boat with her. "Sorry you gotta endure this too... at least I'm not alone in this matter." She offers her alcohol to him to help alleviate his motion sickness as well, but Tamaria quickly shakes her head and pushes the alcoholics flask back to her. The exceed looks over to the other slayer as he wasn't looking too well himself. She sighs and goes over to them.

Tammy looks to Meilin and rubs the back of her head a bit. "Jing doesn't have anything like Ada does to suppress motion sickness, does he?" She asked as she noticed he wasn't accepting others talking to him. She chuckles a little and looks over her shoulder to see Adalinda working around the boat some. "Adalinda need alcohol at least to be able to handle it, but she still feels sick while onboard." She admits to her, and Jing if he was actually listening.

Ada looks over as Jing is in the carriage with her, and she snorts slightly. She honestly would be looking as green as he was if she didn't have her alcohol, or any form of alcohol at all. She wondered if other dragon slayers were like this, if she met any others at all. She was originally betting her money on she was kinda special, but Jing just proved her wrong with how he reacting to transportation. "You don't get sick from flying with Meilin, right?" She questions him before taking a sip of her alcohol. She had no doubt she would have a hint of an alcohol scent on her, considering she drank it often, and her boyfriend made some as well that she quite often tasted.

As Jing asked if this was the village, Tammy looks to him and nods. "Yeah, this is the place. I made sure the carriage would be going to the right place. So no worries." She said before he had came up to join her slayer. The girl in front of Adalinda looks up with awe at Jing and beams happily. "Thank you! So much! Both of you!" She cheers and turns to go running on ahead and get the chief.

An elderly man comes out of one of the huts and comes with the girl over to them. "You two are the youngsters who are going to be taking care of the beasts?" He questions, giving the two of them looks. Adalinda just grins and nods sharply. The chief snorts and rolls his eyes. "You look like a bunch of hoodlums... but... I suppose you'll do to help... I am Chief Laio" He sighs as he looks back and points towards the rear entrance of the of the village. "The beasts are that way, and tend to try to eat our crops and cattle, and sometime goes after us. We've been trying to bring back the animals in the village rather than their pens that are outside the walls, but we're not fast enough apparently as we loose more in the process." The chief shakes his head and waves at them. "Well? What are you waiting for? Get going!" He cries out to the two of them.

Adalinda had gotten a bit of a sour face from him calling her a hoodlum, but she didn't fully care. He didn't have to like how she looked, she just had to do her job with Jing and take care of the King of Beasts and return a small memento of it to the chief here. Easy enough. Right? She at least hoped it would be with Jing with her. She looks over to the other slayer, and smirks. "Lets get going!" She cackles as she jogs on ahead, avoiding any animals that were inside the village already.

Tamaria sighs as she hangs her head. "Ada... You need to wait for others when you're on a team! Haven't you gotten that by now?!" She cries out towards her. Ada groans and stomps her feet a bit as she didn't get too far as she was trapped by a few boars blocking her path. She was eager to go and find the beasts they had to get, but she was going to calm herself and wait for Jing. When he finally caught up, they made their way out of the village and to begun searching for the beasts. Ada managed to pick up a small whiff of something not human, and looked to Jing with a smirk before she started running off. She was assuming he had as great of a sense of smell as she did, and was able to track down the the scent like she was.

It didn't take long for a low growl to come from within the forest and cause Adalinda to skid to a stop as she looked around with excitement. "Someone's here..." She giggles to herself as she sniffed the air and lets her eyes travel about the area some. "Here beasty beasty beasty~!" She giggles as she holds her hand out to have a kunai form in her palm before she chucks it into the forest. The next thing that happens, is a pack of five lionesses jump out of the bushes and growling rather angrily at Adalinda. A grin was on her face as she sees her opponents. She then quickly puts her hands together with her palms touching, but fingers pointed away from each other. She quickly runs her hands over one another, pulling out an iron sword with a three sided twisting blade from the palm of one hand after gripping the hilt of it with the other. She smirks as she now rushes after the female lions, causing them to start running at her.

Ada managed to side step out of the way of a couple lions before she plunged her sword into the heart of one and chuckles while twisting the sword, making the lioness whine at her from the pain. She repeated that process a second time, before she grins and threw her sword at the remaining three lionesses, but instead of the sword plunging in the middle on, it split in three and dug into two of the three lionesses chests. The last one managed to get her leg, causing her to limp and whine. Adalinda grins at the scene, and goes over to the lioness and grabs hold of the sword before she yanks it out. The lioness growls and starts trying to attack with her good paw, but Ada managed to have her sword come back together and become one again before the lioness could do anything to her, plunging it in it's chest by force while twisting the sword.

Tammy had managed to climb a tree to stay hidden from those lionesses, and clung to the branch she was hanging off of. "Ada's getting scarier and scarier with her fighting..." She mumbles to herself. Her mage was getting stronger. She might need to catch up now herself to be of more use to her in battles, rather than just sitting on the side lines and cowering in fear.

Words: 1321
    Total: 3314

Enemies:
    Weak: 10/10 young lions
    Normal: 5/10 lionesses
    Grand Lion (Strong or Boss): 1/1

Stats:

Current date/time is 28th March 2024, 2:37 pm