Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Question Thread

Lilim
    Lilim

Heaven's Traitor

Heaven's Traitor

Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- Summer Special Tier 2- Summer Special Tier 1- Summer Special Donor- Summer Special Participant- Player 
    Lineage : Warrior's Heart
    Position : None
    Guild : Lamia Scale
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 1,225

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Takeover: Heaven's Traitor & Hell's Exile (W.I.P.)
    Second Magic: 2nd Gen Shadow Dragon Slayer (W.I.P,)
    Third Magic:

Official Re: Question Thread

Post by Lilim 16th May 2018, 4:24 pm

I'll clarify (Sorry about being rude, this is the second time I've written this response.) I was wondering that if I made spells that are assigned to specific takeover spells, so would those takeover spells only get one of the three options between active, passive, and Passive buff, if I did something like that? My reason for this is I tried making a Takeover magic before with said assigned extra spells tied to full takeovers, back with my other character about 6 months ago. The mod at the time said the takeover spells, which would be the ones giving the active, passive, and passive buff, could only have one of the three due to having those spells not being takeover magic.
    I was wondering if that was still the rule.
    Lilim

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Question Thread - Page 2 Z8lAzQC
    Ruvel
    Ruvel

Deceiving Spiritual Light

Deceiving Spiritual Light

Developer/GFX Artist- Dragon VIP Status- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- Demon Slayer- Neutral Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Wanderer- Eevee- Job Creator- Working Together- Christian Minecraft Server- I Have Friends...- Halloween gfx'ers- Haiku Contest Participant- Rich- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 1st Place Event/Contest Winner- Christmas Event Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Hero- Summer Special Tier 5- Summer Special Tier 4- Summer Special Tier 3- Summer Special Tier 2- Summer Special Tier 1- Summer Special Donor- Summer Special Participant- Have Onida On Your Friend's List- Have an Admin as a friend!- Have aeluri On Your Friend's List- Player 
    Lineage : Spiritual Light
    Position : God of Resilience
    Guild : GM of Onyx Moon
    Mentor : Cirven
    Experience : 3,757,396

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Amma Olpirt Gah-l
    Second Magic: Light Demonslayer, 2nd Gen
    Third Magic:

Post by Ruvel 17th May 2018, 4:41 pm

I have two questions...

1) How do I indicate to my grader that a summon is a grande summon?

2) Is there a cap to what rank an immaculate summon can be?

Thank you in advance for the help. =)

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Question Thread - Page 2 59835_s
    On the battlefield various things are running rampant...
    Victory... Defeat... Hatred... Chance Luck... and
    Betrayal

Golden Lacrima Ends: 17/01/2021

Post by Guest 17th May 2018, 11:38 pm

Lilim wrote:I'll clarify (Sorry about being rude, this is the second time I've written this response.) I was wondering that if I made spells that are assigned to specific takeover spells, so would  those takeover spells only get one of the three options between active, passive, and Passive buff, if I did something like that? My reason for this is I tried making a Takeover magic before with said assigned extra spells tied to full takeovers, back with my other character about 6 months ago. The mod at the time said the takeover spells,  which would be the ones giving the active, passive, and passive buff, could only have one of the three due to having those spells not being takeover magic.
    I was wondering if that was still the rule.
    Lilim

Yes, that is still the rule for them.

Ruvel wrote:I have two questions...

1) How do I indicate to my grader that a summon is a grande summon?

2) Is there a cap to what rank an immaculate summon can be?

Thank you in advance for the help. =)

1) Simply state somewhere in the spell that it's a Grande.

2) Nope, no cap.
    Lilim
    Lilim

Heaven's Traitor

Heaven's Traitor

Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- Summer Special Tier 2- Summer Special Tier 1- Summer Special Donor- Summer Special Participant- Player 
    Lineage : Warrior's Heart
    Guild : Lamia Scale
    Experience : 1,225

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Takeover: Heaven's Traitor & Hell's Exile (W.I.P.)
    Second Magic: 2nd Gen Shadow Dragon Slayer (W.I.P,)
    Third Magic:

Post by Lilim 17th May 2018, 11:41 pm

That's disappointing to hear, but thank you for your input.
    Lilim

Question Thread - Page 2 Z8lAzQC
    Yuiisai
    Yuiisai

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Chaotic Blessing
    Guild : Elysium
    Experience : 267,837

Post by Yuiisai 20th July 2018, 9:59 am

Some lineages allow for additional spells, I will be asking for this on my main account but are specifying that they will be summons. This has me wondering, since you can give up a spell slot per rank to add an additional passive or active to a summon per rank; would this also be allowed if the summons were added spells via a lineage.

Question Thread - Page 2 59882_s
    Fluffy
    Fluffy

Player 
    Experience : 0

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Flames Of The Underworld
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Fluffy 20th July 2018, 10:29 am

That actually is not how it works. That can not increase the abilities of a normal summon, just the signature ones, and it can only be done once per summon not per rank.

Nyx LuxEquipmentPrimarySecondaryTetariy
    Question Thread - Page 2 Nyxsig
    ★  You Created Me, Something I Would Have Never Seen.  ★
    Hania
    Hania

Demonically Bound

Demonically Bound

Developer/GFX Artist- Demon VIP Status- Dragon VIP Status- Knight VIP Status- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Have Seijin On Your Friends List- Player 
    Lineage : Warrior of Steel
    Guild : Rune Knights
    Experience : 206,450

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Requiem
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Hania 18th November 2018, 5:49 am

When the new magic rules were released you had been allowed to sacrifice lower ranked spells for higher rank spells. Is this still the case?

Question Thread - Page 2 59875_s

True sins are the ones that you cannot atone for.
    Golden Lacrima: Valid until December 8th 2019
    Samira Nassar
    Samira Nassar

Celestial Avatar

Celestial Avatar

Main Account- Mythical VIP Status- God VIP Status- Dragon VIP Status- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Mythical- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Demon Slayer- Zodiac Key- Legal Guild Ace- Z-Rank- Y-Rank- X-Rank- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Wanderer- EXP Grinder- Jewel Grinder- Job Creator- Working Together- Forever Solo- Christian Minecraft Server- I Have Friends...- Teaming Up!- Limited Edition- Hired Help- Idolize- Unknown Powerhouse- Unknown Legend- The Completionist- Achiever- Expert Achiever- Over Achiever- Buddy Buddy- Obligatory Beach Episode- Sticking Around- Loyal to the Bone- Solo Artist- Taskmaster- Collector- Halloween Social- Halloween job event participant - Haiku Contest Participant- Lineage Making Contest Participant- Richie Rich- Rich- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Tertiary Magic- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 2nd Place Event/Contest Winner- Christmas Event Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Advertisement Achievement Badge- Motor City Rush- Hero- Summer Special Tier 5- Summer Special Tier 4- Summer Special Tier 3- Summer Special Tier 2- Summer Special Tier 1- Summer Special Donor- Summer Special Participant- Player 
    Lineage : Summoner of Divinities
    Position : Goddess of Humility
    Faction : Luminous Covenant
    Guild : Lamia Scale (Ace)
    Cosmic Coins : 485
    Experience : 10,188,889

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Celestial Avatar Summoning
    Second Magic: Celestial Avatar
    Third Magic: Avatar Aspect

Post by Samira Nassar 23rd June 2019, 6:46 am

So, I have no idea if this ancient thread is still in use and being watched, but I'm currently not in the Discord so I'll just see what happens :'D Chances are this was all covered in the Discord already so, uh, sorry for repeated questions if that is the case.

Firstly, I do want to say thank you and that I appreciate the effort that goes into clarifying things in those rules for the memberbase. I know how much of it was a bit confusing and not worded or clarified well beforehand. That said, I now have to nitpick it a little since I'm a little confused on the Multi-Target clarifications.

Part 1:

I have noticed in recent gradings of others that it has been commonly asked to put a number of targets for the healing and buffs and such. I actually really wanted this clarification to be added to the rules but I think it is still pretty vague, hence my question. Exactly how many targets is acceptable? Like with the Effect clarifications that added the numbers each rank could have, shouldn't this also have something similar and mentioned in the rules? This apparently needed a limit since these spells started being graded this way, but the limitation values were not set. As it is, I have no idea what number to put because nothing stops me from putting down 200 million regardless of how facepalmingly unrealistic that is. And I definitely do not want to be TOO reasonable and put much lower than I could have gotten. This opens up inconsistency between gradings as well since one person may be allowed to have 4 targets while another 10. This really should be something where everyone is on the same page, and I would think members would actually want to know just how much they can do with their spells instead of guessing. Would likely make it easier on the graders as well maybe. I have no idea on that department. And if it's a matter where any number is acceptable so long as it's actually written down, then I can't really see what the point was in making this change and having to set a number.

Part 2:

Why are only the support variations of Multi-Target spells required to have this limit? Shouldn't the damage side of it have it as well? As someone that uses the damage variants more than the support ones, I am confused on why I do not have to set a certain number of targets or hits. This seems like something that should affect the spell category as a whole and not just picking one side of it. The most I can come up with as a reason is that enemies are capable of dodging the damage variants but allies are probably going to sit there to get in all of the effects.

TLDR:

1. How many targets are acceptable for support multi-target spells? The rules don't clarify this unless I missed it somewhere.
    2. Why do only the support spells need to put down a set number of targets affected? Shouldn't this apply to the damage side of the category too?

Shen Kadokawa
    Shen Kadokawa

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Main Account- Alignment Shift- Mythical VIP Status- Demon VIP Status- God VIP Status- Dragon VIP Status- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Mythical- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- Custom Slayer- God Slayer- Demon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- Neutral Guild Ace- Z-Rank- Y-Rank- X-Rank- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Wanderer- Eevee- EXP Grinder- Jewel Grinder- Job Creator- Working Together- Forever Solo- Christian Minecraft Server- I Have Friends...- Teaming Up!- Limited Edition- Idolize- Unknown Powerhouse- Unknown Legend- The Completionist- Guild Creator- Achiever- Expert Achiever- Buddy Buddy- Obligatory Beach Episode- Shipped- Sticking Around- Loyal to the Bone- Dank Memer- Fan Artist- Taskmaster- Halloween gfx'ers- Halloween Social- Halloween job event participant - Fan Art Contest Participant- Haiku Contest Participant- Richie Rich- Rich- Veteran Level 6- Veteran Level 5- Veteran Level 4- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Join A Faction!- Tertiary Magic- Supreme Grand Master [5000]- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 3rd Place Event/Contest Winner- Christmas Event Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Advertisement Achievement Badge- Tournament Participation Badge- Cookie Achievement- Cupcake Achievement- Rainbow Hero- Summer Special Tier 4- Summer Special Tier 3- Summer Special Tier 2- Summer Special Tier 1- Summer Special Donor- Summer Special Participant- Have an Admin as a friend!- 1 Year Anniversary- Player-
    Lineage : Assassin's Shadow
    Faction : The Rune Knights
    Guild : Guildless
    Cosmic Coins : 505
    Experience : 3,283,767

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Infinite Arcana
    Second Magic: Vox Universum
    Third Magic: Disciple of War

Post by Shen Kadokawa 23rd June 2019, 12:26 pm

Samira Nassar wrote:So, I have no idea if this ancient thread is still in use and being watched, but I'm currently not in the Discord so I'll just see what happens :'D Chances are this was all covered in the Discord already so, uh, sorry for repeated questions if that is the case.

Firstly, I do want to say thank you and that I appreciate the effort that goes into clarifying things in those rules for the memberbase. I know how much of it was a bit confusing and not worded or clarified well beforehand. That said, I now have to nitpick it a little since I'm a little confused on the Multi-Target clarifications.

Part 1:

I have noticed in recent gradings of others that it has been commonly asked to put a number of targets for the healing and buffs and such. I actually really wanted this clarification to be added to the rules but I think it is still pretty vague, hence my question. Exactly how many targets is acceptable? Like with the Effect clarifications that added the numbers each rank could have, shouldn't this also have something similar and mentioned in the rules? This apparently needed a limit since these spells started being graded this way, but the limitation values were not set. As it is, I have no idea what number to put because nothing stops me from putting down 200 million regardless of how facepalmingly unrealistic that is. And I definitely do not want to be TOO reasonable and put much lower than I could have gotten. This opens up inconsistency between gradings as well since one person may be allowed to have 4 targets while another 10. This really should be something where everyone is on the same page, and I would think members would actually want to know just how much they can do with their spells instead of guessing. Would likely make it easier on the graders as well maybe. I have no idea on that department. And if it's a matter where any number is acceptable so long as it's actually written down, then I can't really see what the point was in making this change and having to set a number.

Part 2:

Why are only the support variations of Multi-Target spells required to have this limit? Shouldn't the damage side of it have it as well? As someone that uses the damage variants more than the support ones, I am confused on why I do not have to set a certain number of targets or hits. This seems like something that should affect the spell category as a whole and not just picking one side of it. The most I can come up with as a reason is that enemies are capable of dodging the damage variants but allies are probably going to sit there to get in all of the effects.

TLDR:

1. How many targets are acceptable for support multi-target spells? The rules don't clarify this unless I missed it somewhere.
    2. Why do only the support spells need to put down a set number of targets affected? Shouldn't this apply to the damage side of the category too?

To touch on your questions, there is no number for targets to allow for a bit of creative freedom when designing these spells. This is precisely the case because the damaging variants of MT spells have no cap. As long as things stay reasonable, there shouldn't be an issue. Since this is a simple change meant for PvP only, the number of targets can always be adjusted however you like in a non-PvP situation, and as you're unlikely to ever be in a PvP situation with more than 2-4 people anyway, I personally do not think this is too impactful.

Support or Defensive variants of MT spells have been subjected to this change because a) the spell cannot be centered on a single target only. As you said, unlike with damaging spells, the target would most likely take all the "hits" of these multi target spells, allowing for a stacking of healing or defenses from a single multi target spell that is potentially limitless and b) damaging MT spells can be avoided at the affected's will since auto-hitting is not allowed. Of course, people are expected to be reasonable, but the possibility is always there for people to take.

Samira Nassar
    Samira Nassar

Celestial Avatar

Celestial Avatar

Main Account- Mythical VIP Status- God VIP Status- Dragon VIP Status- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Mythical- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Demon Slayer- Zodiac Key- Legal Guild Ace- Z-Rank- Y-Rank- X-Rank- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Wanderer- EXP Grinder- Jewel Grinder- Job Creator- Working Together- Forever Solo- Christian Minecraft Server- I Have Friends...- Teaming Up!- Limited Edition- Hired Help- Idolize- Unknown Powerhouse- Unknown Legend- The Completionist- Achiever- Expert Achiever- Over Achiever- Buddy Buddy- Obligatory Beach Episode- Sticking Around- Loyal to the Bone- Solo Artist- Taskmaster- Collector- Halloween Social- Halloween job event participant - Haiku Contest Participant- Lineage Making Contest Participant- Richie Rich- Rich- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Tertiary Magic- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 2nd Place Event/Contest Winner- Christmas Event Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Advertisement Achievement Badge- Motor City Rush- Hero- Summer Special Tier 5- Summer Special Tier 4- Summer Special Tier 3- Summer Special Tier 2- Summer Special Tier 1- Summer Special Donor- Summer Special Participant- Player 
    Lineage : Summoner of Divinities
    Position : Goddess of Humility
    Faction : Luminous Covenant
    Guild : Lamia Scale (Ace)
    Cosmic Coins : 485
    Experience : 10,188,889

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Celestial Avatar Summoning
    Second Magic: Celestial Avatar
    Third Magic: Avatar Aspect

Post by Samira Nassar 23rd June 2019, 1:00 pm

Johann wrote:
    Samira Nassar wrote:So, I have no idea if this ancient thread is still in use and being watched, but I'm currently not in the Discord so I'll just see what happens :'D Chances are this was all covered in the Discord already so, uh, sorry for repeated questions if that is the case.

Part 1:

Part 2:

TLDR:

To touch on your questions, there is no number for targets to allow for a bit of creative freedom when designing these spells. This is precisely the case because the damaging variants of MT spells have no cap. As long as things stay reasonable, there shouldn't be an issue. Since this is a simple change meant for PvP only, the number of targets can always be adjusted however you like in a non-PvP situation, and as you're unlikely to ever be in a PvP situation with more than 2-4 people anyway, I personally do not think this is too impactful.

Support or Defensive variants of MT spells have been subjected to this change because a) the spell cannot be centered on a single target only. As you said, unlike with damaging spells, the target would most likely take all the "hits" of these multi target spells, allowing for a stacking of healing or defenses from a single multi target spell that is potentially limitless and b) damaging MT spells can be avoided at the affected's will since auto-hitting is not allowed. Of course, people are expected to be reasonable, but the possibility is always there for people to take.

Thank you for taking the time to answer and clarify as always. ^^

René Manchester
    René Manchester

Player 
    Lineage : Caine's Descent
    Guild : Hidden Blades Candidate
    Mentor : None
    Experience : 350

Character Sheet
    First Magic:
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by René Manchester 24th June 2019, 6:55 pm

Are we locked into our lineage while we still work on our character? Since I have a different build in mind for my character, I was basically wondering if I had to stick with Zeus descent or could I pick one of the other two lineages I rolled?
    ~René Manchester
    0SophieGrace0
    0SophieGrace0

Player 
    Lineage : Shadows of Anarchy
    Guild : Fairy Tail
    Experience : 0

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Illusion Magic
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by 0SophieGrace0 4th August 2019, 12:00 pm

It’s probably very obvious but, how do you create a thread?

Current date/time is 28th March 2024, 10:49 pm