Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Like a girl changes clothes ;; Sith Job

Lester Drynedi
    Lester Drynedi

Gentleman florist

Gentleman florist

Player 
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 1

Character Sheet
    First Magic:
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Like a girl changes clothes ;; Sith Job Empty Like a girl changes clothes ;; Sith Job

Post by Lester Drynedi 25th January 2018, 2:42 pm

Lester Drynedi C Rank Black Rose
    To hunt a vampire pt.1

Exclusive and elusive, the agent who had requested the job had turned no heads when he mentioned the name. It had taken waiting in a library after hours to hear mutterings of them, the legacy and similar nicknames were used to refer to the League of Monster Hunters. Their small numbers formed of only those who were truly masters at the job and trusted well enough to hold whatever secrets they may have come across close to the heart. It had taken enough work to gather together the scraps which had, yet perhaps the terms exclusive and elusive where hiding a more satisfactory explanation, the league of the elderly, crippled what once held great prestige amongst hunters the guild now could feel the tendrils of decay in the cracks of their heart as if it were ivy, forcing their League apart. Perhaps these elderly folks overreacted to this new breed, and although there was fresh blood within their ranks from the rumors and citations noted most of the members were either past the age of retirement, far too aged to be considered a possibility. Those whom weren't keeling over in their rocking chairs had barely stopped moving from the rocking of their cradle that they had slept in during recent years.

The house looked forgotten, derelict old buildings scattered the area with half standing fences that couldn't keep a dog in. With a basket over one arm, he dared not to lean against anything for fear the entire structure would collapse. Did this league even have the reward that had been promised. Hand raking back his soft hair slowly broke free, falling back over his face which was painted with the expression of a relaxed smile. Close by with his knees folded under him a second youth sat waiting, a guide of sorts it had already been clarified that such a young man was only there to guide the two hired fighters. He wasn’t much of anything, simple brown hair in a mop like cut that simply hung in vague clumps around his face, without purpose or reason a lost soul devoid of hope and motivation. A member of an exclusive monster hunting club and the clothing he donned was nothing more than jeans and a tank top in faded red. No of course he wasn’t much better yet at least he didn’t wear a tank top as his outer layer! Gosh no, that morning Lester had found himself a clean singlet, red cotton shirt over that it had long sleeves for a nice winter protection. The key to winter life was layers, lots of thin things one could remove with ease. Discard too if necessary. Cream fabric formed a nice cardigan with the hood settled awkwardly over the ever present scarf.

The idea excited him, although of course it wouldn’t hold a candle to the discoveries he made whilst investigating that plague he could feel something here, a new breed of vampires. It had been mentioned in the job description that these were completely new beasts, strength and power flooded their veins, intelligence had been heightened and they could stand higher in the chain of consuming each other. Vampires, live animals weren't exactly his forte however still, the intrigue of a new discovery to poke and prod at. Perhaps the muscles had developed different of course everything in a mammal was by far quite different to that of a plant however the nervous system would be interesting as well, had their processing speed increased as well. Although with all that muscle increase the bone structure may have changed, oh gosh and the inner organs of a vampire which allowed them to process the blood of another and convert it into nutrition for their body. That was an entirely new system of organs that humans lacked, for what reasons had such a small population split off hundreds of years ago and evolved into these creatures which used the blood of another to fuel their lives. Yet there was the chance that vampires had come first and humans as we knew them had evolved from those vampires.

A slight chuckle at the thought of what could happen escaped him, oh indeed this would be interesting, and of course they had assigned two of them to the mission. A partner, whom he did not know and could meet, oh the day had turned out to be quite intriguing and it was only the morning! A protective hand covered the basket at his arm, as if to confirm that the contents remained. A slim pack of his lay on the floor, with the meager basics in there and his staff claimed to the side the florist had decided to leave his armour and sword remaining at home. Today he would need speed, and would travel merely with his knives and an oversized stick.
    Now only if his partner would arrive then they could enter the base and get further details.

Word Count: 827/4000
    Notes:
    private message me for plots

Template (c) Izayuki

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Sith
    Sith

Regular VIP Status- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Player 
    Lineage : Gingerbread Man
    Position : None
    Guild : Black Sails
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 475

Character Sheet
    First Magic: ReQuip: The Blademaster
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Like a girl changes clothes ;; Sith Job Empty Re: Like a girl changes clothes ;; Sith Job

Post by Sith 26th January 2018, 1:02 am

"Wow, I love my job! It keeps on letting me go to such beautiful places like the Wakusei Portals, Rose Garden...hm, what am I missing? Oh that's right, I get to go to places like this: broken down, abandoned, probably haunted houses straight out of a FUCKING horror novel," Darius exclaimed to himself, continuously walking down the "neighbourhood".

Once again, Darius had found himself in the Cursed Lands. This time, however, instead of jauntily skipping around the Monsterland or the seemingly abandoned cemetery, he had found himself in a neighbourhood that had seemingly suffered an ill-fate, leaving the place abandoned and devoid of anything, well, living.

So why would the womanising, hard-drinking, hedonistic douchebag find himself in a place that not even the most pious of priests could make holy? The answer was simple: money. Given enough money, Darius would do almost anything, even go to forsaken shitholes like the one he was currently walking around.

The mercenary had been offered an interesting job from an even more interesting group: Monster Hunters. These old coots back in their hay-day were something to be in awe of, their abilities to take down even the most intimidating of creatures was magnificent. However, now, most of them were retired and required assistance for the job at hand. Darius, along with another mage, was meant to go to the house of a late Monster Hunter who had information on a brand new species of vampire. This vampire, unlike its more common counterparts, was much stronger and faster, and had been hunting monster hunters for the past few weeks.

The job originally seemed easy enough: grab a dead guy's diary and hand it back to those old geezers and ka-ching. However, now that Darius was actually in this abandoned, eerie place, the swordsman had an inkling that this job would not go as smoothly as he hoped, and for sure, Darius definitely did not want to run into the vampires that are currently slaughtering seasoned veterans. The ReQuip mage had fought a great many things during his time as a mercenary, but vampires would be a first for him.

As he continued walking, all Darius could think was, I fucking hate the Cursed Lands...everything here is too...quiet, and in my experience, quiet usually means trap, Not to mention, I definitely feel like I'm being watched...I've gotta keep an eye out, at this point, anything could pop out at me.

He kept up pace, walking faster towards the main house, all the while, his golden eyes darting quickly from house to house, scanning constantly for anything out of the ordinary, his hands at the ready to pull out his weapons from the pocket dimension out of self-defence.

Upon arriving where his partner, a man a few inches shorter, but also shared white hair like Darius. However, their similarities clearly ended there. While his partner donned a relatively conservative outfit: a cotton, long-sleeved shirt with a cardigan and a scarf, Darius was much more extravagant: a white ornate tunic with with a neckline that veered midway down his pecs that flaunted his gold necklace, an assortment of gold and silver armbands on each wrist, and his usual headband.

"Well, I'm guessing you're my partner," Darius nonchalantly let his eyes roll up and down the mage standing before him, "You don't really look like much, but hey, you can always prove me wrong."

He then chuckled, adding, "And if you don't, well, at least you're cute."

Darius looked over to the young man who had guided his partner to the house, "You're free to go, don't make too much noise and don't attract any attention to yourself. I don't who or what is watching us."

The brown-haired male nodded, "Uh...could you spare a weapon for me, just in case?"

Darius rolled his eyes, "Do I look like the giving tree to you? Get the fuck out of here! If you bump into a monster or a mugger, run like hell. If you don't run fast enough, that's your own damn fault."

The conversation would end there if his partner decided not to lend anything to the young boy. But after that brief conversation, Darius would sigh and say, "Anyways, my name's Darius Al-Sayyid, member of the West Fiore Trading Company."

"What's your name?"

Word Count: 715/4,000

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Like a girl changes clothes ;; Sith Job 2po1d94
    Credits to Seijin for signature
    DirectoryTheme
    Lester Drynedi
    Lester Drynedi

Gentleman florist

Gentleman florist

Player 

Character Sheet
    First Magic:
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Like a girl changes clothes ;; Sith Job Empty Re: Like a girl changes clothes ;; Sith Job

Post by Lester Drynedi 19th February 2018, 2:24 am

Leaning back soft winds scented with the mulled smells of earth whipped across his face, caressing him for a moment before dancing away, weight seemed to drift away as if his mind had left his body, all idea of gravity and sensitivity of weight and movement leaving the young man as he felt a moment of bliss, the petal from a flower half stuck to the roof of his mouth, a moments bliss he hoped to gain before attempting to consolidate with whatever lone blood would wander with him for the extent of this mission bestowed upon the two. Rather extravagant, layers of riches which almost seemed half-arsed, far too over the top for his liking as such a display made certain things obvious. Amouted up, the skin laid bare to the world could have spanned the distance between Meshi and Tetsukazu, not that he greatly objected to the display of personality and lavish decorations. Approaching with a quick stride, ground whittled away beneath the man whom seemed to command such an aura of casual wealth and shameless opulence, confidence must have resonated throughout this young man's mind. Yet would there come a time where that same resilience against society would crumble and dissipate into dead skin, perhaps would the shredded confidence pile up, slowly mount into fields of rolling hills? Although slight his muscles twitched into an expression, eyes slightly crinkled the side of his mouth twitched, Lester had a slight hope that this would be his partner, this being whom seemed to spark his mild interest into the brain of it. The attendance of armbands laden upon the others arm would dissolve any homes of a truly stealthy method, yet at least the others guess wasn't wrong. Yes indeed they seemed to be partners, as this wasn't a meadow of flowers where he could go and choose a different person to accompany him. Not seeming like much, perhaps that would be an opportunity of sorts, as being underestimated meant that he could do little to worsen the non existent hope of achievement that had been layered upon his shoulders.

Whilst merely lifting his gaze slightly to flicker over the alabaster mop of hair which seemed to prance casually as the wind played with it, tugging at the headband drawing his attention down to the face. Yet even he could hardly mask the mottled look of amusement and surprise which smeared his face with a blossoming pink tone. At Least he was cute? As if his appearance in some way made up for what he lacked, perhaps that was a hint towards a possible profession of sorts. Lesters mind wavered, categorizing the various information he had gained over the past few moments as his partner to-be would interact with the third male acting as a guide. Settled across his face the expression painted on was one of blissful ignorance as the third human in the area departed with slow movements, the boy appearing a little saddened almost.

That little form seemed to fade away, a young spring bud of sorts that was beautiful for a few days yet as always it would wither away into a pile of compost, only fit for aiding others in their growth. Darius Al-Sayyid, odd indeed the name did not seem familiar, not the style of naming as it was one he had not seen nor heard of. Sayyid, Al-Sayyid with an introductory name such as Darius. Mental notes were etched in the corners of one's mind, interesting things which he would endeavor to comprehend in the future if he got the chance, member of a trading company. Presumably a bodyguard of sorts, yet the life of a trader mingling with that of a mage was not unheard of, he had only experienced it himself a few times in the past. Each situation quite unlike the next as if it were an amateur florists first bouquet. Swinging slightly as his head tilted to the side, a hand offered in greeting to shake accompanied as a voice which seemed rather normal and soft. "It is nice to meet you Darius Al-Sayyid, I do believe that we are on this mission together. I'm Lester Drynedi." Darius Al-Sayyid, unfamiliar although he had propounded it clearly the first time it would surely become problematic in the future, yet each person he came across seemed to be a tall poppy. Individuals whom he barely knew all with their own style of nicknames and manners to address another. "Perhaps is there something shorter I can call you by? You can call me just Lester if you wish."

With a smooth motion the slim pack and wooden staff attached slid onto his back, small basket slung over his opposite arm as if the only expedition he would make today was one to collect berries for jam. The porch he had been seated on earlier creaked slightly as the weight of him moved, unfurling in a curl like movement towards the door which he held open for the other to enter first. Operations hastily carved into the door a table inside sprawling with papers, with just a small peep inside what appeared to be the leader bustled around in haste, the disorderly emotions she had created could be felt from where he lounged by the door.

Word Count: 885
    Notes: 1712/4000

Template (c) Izayuki

Sith
    Sith

Regular VIP Status- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Sith 28th February 2018, 8:05 pm

"Just call me Darius, Leslie." The mercenary said off-handedly, before looking over to the house that the two were about to enter.

The estate seemed to be quite large, much more than the abandoned neighbourhood that both Lester and Darius had recently traversed. The building was walled off, with a metal fenced gate. The entrance into the estate had two strange emblems, no doubt the insignia of the family of the owner. The estate itself was a large mansion, which was awfully strange considering that according to Darius' intel, only one man had been living there within the 40 years.

The grounds leading up to the palace were composed of withered, brown grass, and decorated with worn stove pavements and decrepit fountains. Even with the place completely forsaken, as the scenery before the two clearly expressed the lack of care, Darius could tell that if they entered the place that they wouldn't be the only ones there.

"From what the hunters told me about this place, it's completely abandoned." Darius sighed, before adding, "But, knowing how valuable the information in that house is, I have a bad feeling that we should stay on our guard."

Darius sighed, as his eyes drifted towards his "partner", a man who looked paler than milk and about as aggressive as a teacup. The swordsman took a deep breath, and asked, "I'm probably digging myself a grave when I ask this, but do you have like...any combat capabilities whatsoever?"

Darius nonchalantly let himself examine Lester's frame from top to bottom, "Because honestly, you seem about as intimidating as a mouse...probably less so."

He shook his head, before beginning to walk towards the estate, "Well, I'll have to rely on you either way so let's go, skim milk."

The Desiertan took point and walked towards the gate, ready to push it open, but paused for a moment to think. I definitely feel like something's off...I just can't put my finger on it. We're being watched, I know it...I just can't tell from who, or what... Darius bit his lip, before pushing the gates open. Immediately upon entering the estate, the two would feel what could best be described as walking through an invisible bubble.

"That must've been us passing through the hunter's barrier," Darius thought out loud, before continuing to walk down the beaten path.

All of a sudden, however, a bodiless, ethereal voice whispered in his ear, "Welcome to our home...soon...it will be...your home..."

The merc's eyes widened in surprise, and in response pulled out his two enchanted daggers from his pocket dimension, leaping backwards and positioning himself into a combat stance, "Who's there?" Darius growled, his eyes darting around his surroundings.

"Lester, did you see anything?" Darius asked, his voice losing its sarcastic nonchalance.

The whisperings had completely caught the mercenary off-guard and, as much as he would never admit it aloud, gave him a bit of a scare. His years as a mercenary had given him a sharp awareness that usually allowed him to detect things before they approached him, yet bodiless voices were something that the mage was not ready for. I didn't see where that voice came from, which could mean one of two things...this entity is so fast that it could whisper in my ear and leave before I could even detect it, ghosts are surrounded amongst the grounds, or, these voices are merely a scare tactic planted to bring any intruders unease by the dead hunter.

Regardless of the origin of these voices, it seemed to have left Darius' vicinity, allowing him to take a deep breath. The mercenary recomposed himself, but kept his two summoned daggers on-hand. He bit down on his lip and narrowed his eyes, "Let's get that book and get the hell out of here.

Word Count: 1,346/4,000

DirectoryTheme
    Lester Drynedi
    Lester Drynedi

Gentleman florist

Gentleman florist

Player 

Character Sheet
    First Magic:
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Lester Drynedi 15th March 2018, 4:53 pm

Just darius, quite a nice little shorter version compared to the entire tongue twister which would undoubtedly have caused him slight problems otherwise. Yet it was the slight change in nickname which drew a slight sharp breath from him. Leslie? A more feminine nickname than he was used to, not that the mage disliked it, for he held no strong opinions about it, yet the choice to shorten his name to such a thing was indeed an oddity, something to remember for sure. His mind brushed the thoughts off, as the scenery around them had started to take on a rather different feel, truly the only way it could scream vampire den more was if there were bodies dry of blood left laying around, and what creature would want to live in the middle of a decaying corpse field! A derelict place such as this would have to be a haven for the dark and unjust, for truly what person of joy and holy spirit would dwell in such a fowl territory, no person with any shred of morals would stand proud knowing they resided in a dishevelled area. A gate which seemed to hold back a sense of foreboding and doom, he had gotten similar information to Sith, the idea of a single person living within the house. well he could find no better cover for any odd things which may have occurred. Dry grass, it simply shattered and cracked under his feet, oh how the youth wished that they had remained at least partially alive, each flower and sharpened blade of grass, all of it had completely died. At Least if they were dying then he had a chance of revitalizing the blooms. Not like this.

Saddened, his brows drew together, although it wouldn't be a smart idea to stop the idea of leaving plants in such a state flung a spear into his chest. The doorway seemed to consume all light and colour, including that of his face. Going into an abandoned building, sure, sure why not. "It would be foolish, to enter carelessly that is." Staying on guard, no no he was going to stroll right into an abandoned disgusting house, which had fallen so low that its physical condition was quite abysmal. Noted, as the others eyes wandered towards him instead of watching their surroundings his self confidence dropped slightly. A deep breath, a signal of collecting oneself before doing something that they might worry or have emotions connected to. Digging himself a grave, well here the ground could certainly benefit from the nutrition of a corpse. any combat abilities? A moment, he let his hand tighten around the staff in his hand. He had brought food for this man, yet he questioned his abilities. "Yes, I have a ranged weapon and a few spells in which I attack with. Although I specialize in support and healing type roles." DId he really want to heal this unbeliever?

Skim milk? gosh really was that the sort of nickname he was going to have, uneasy almost. This was an individual whom he wasn't quite sure how to deal with, like an undiscovered flower which had bloomed for the first time no florist was quite sure what care it required. Jerked alive almost as the voices began, it felt as if someone was speaking in his ear. Yet nothing was next to him. What, soon be his home? A small step back, slow movements as he let the bag and basket slide to the ground. Staff spun in his hand slightly, en guarde indeed. So this was his voice, his serious voice, at the question Lester ground his teeth, questioning what he had seen as well. "I couldn't sense or see anything, but there is something here." Something, not someone.

His mind phased a little something shifting in the background. Silhouetted a figure like white mist passed through him. He could feel it, his energy draining, the power leaking from his stores. His brows curled together, it wasn't physical no that had "Passed right through me. Its a ghost, or spirit." He rested his hand on the others shoulder, peering deep into his eyes, this was serious. "That thing took some of my magic, I don't think we can hit it." It would be best to run, run and find that book, get out of here and finish that mission.

Word Count: 733
    Notes: 2445/4000

Template (c) Izayuki
    [/quote]

Sith
    Sith

Character Sheet
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Sith 9th April 2018, 11:23 pm

Darius playfully chuckled. Man, this kid does not look like a fighter, at all. The mercenary could tell that his question had irked the boy, quite visibly so, as his grip around his staff had clenched—his knuckles becoming even more white from the grip. Darius didn't mind, however, and in fact was quite bemused by Lester's offence towards his comment. But, his answer, where he relegated himself to a support and healer role, completely made sense. In sharp contrast to the many scars that Darius bore around his body, Lester's looked like a relative blank slate. His posture, presence, all did not scream "intimidating foe" to Darius. "Well, kid, just stick behind me. I won't let anything bite."

It was as clear as day that these two job partners were the polar opposite. Lester, from the brief time that Darius knew him, seemed like a kind, delicate, caring, moral individual. Darius, on the other hand, was a battle-hardened, sardonic, hard drinking, cynic whose moral compass was as directionless as a drunkard on a Saturday night. Yet, Darius' company amused more than irritated him. Perhaps the kid had more in him than he let on, Darius didn't know, but he'd soon have to find out.

However, when the duo had their first encounter with the "residents" of the house, Darius' attitude switched from sarcastic and playful to serious in an instant. He watched eyes wide open as a mist-like silhouette of an individual passed right through Lester. The mercenary took a step forward, his eyes narrowing in response. His grip on his daggers tightened even further. As Lester explained what had happened to him, how his magic power had been sapped away by that spirit, and how they wouldn't be able to fight back these beings, Darius responded, "Then we run."

The moment his sentence ended, however, several figures, all seemingly composed of the same mist-like wispiness, and all shaped in the silhouette of a human. Their voices, while not heard externally, would echo in both their minds in deafening volumes. "Join...us...now." The beings flew themselves towards the duo, Darius shouting to Lester as he sprinted, "RUN TO THE HOUSE NOW!"

The spirits began to chase, their whispers deafining Darius' mind, as if someone had inserted a speaker inside his brain and was blasting it out on full volume. "Don't....resist...rest...for....eternity....."

The Desiertan's athletic ability from years of training had come in handy, as he had reached the door relatively quickly, but with the spirits chasing, he had no time to knock, and simply bashed the door down with his foot. The door itself was pretty old, so the entire thing simply got knocked down from its doorframe. Darius looked back for a quick moment, hoping Lester was catching up to him. But, the mercenary couldn't wait too long for him, and continued running down the mansion.

Darius bolted down a lavish ballroom, albeit he couldn't exactly stop and look around and enjoy the surroundings. The place was still gorgeous, despite the fact that cobwebs, dustbunnies, and vermin was scattered around the floor...that, and ethereal spirits were bolting down the hallway. The mercenary cursed in a foreign language, and kept running. More and more spirits were coming out of the woodwork, seemingly coming out of the walls, and whispering its own little bits of haunting threats. As much as the idea of eternal rest sounds appealing...I'd rather die in somewhere with more....naked women and alcohol, he thought to himself. He then cursed himself, by the great Desert, why the fuck did I choose this mission? I could be somewhere nice, and sunny...and less haunted by ghosts hellbent on ghostifying me.

The swordsman didn't know where Lester's current whereabouts were, hell, he didn't even know whether Lester was still alive or had already been turned into those ghosts—which were becoming less haunting and terrifying and becoming more an annoying source of cardio.

"Stay...with...us...Darius..."

"I'd rather not, thanks for the offer, you undead slags." Darius taunted.

One of the spirits, however, had caught up to Darius, and was ready to steal some of his magic power. His instincts kicked in, and reflexively attempted to bat away the spirit, despite the fact that he knew that it wouldn't have any effect on it. Funny thing though...

It did.

Darius' eyes widened in response, the spirit being knocked away. It's wails rung throughout Darius' brain but by the great Desert...it worked. Darius glanced at his arm, and realised what had happened. The spirit had reacted to his silver arm bracelets, pieces of jewellery that he had carried to the mission more to flaunt his ostentatiousness than practical use against unholy forces.

While still running, Darius slid his silver bracelets off his arm, before wrapping them around his fists like makeshift knuckle dusters, and began knocking away any more spirits that had decided to get close. "Lester!" Darius would call out, his voice echoing throughout the mansion. He had hoped the lad hadn't gotten himself killed yet, "It's silver! These fuckers can't handle silver!"

However, while Darius' intentions were to simply call out the (hopefully still living) partner of his, he had also called to attention the many, many other spirits. More and more beings beginning to take notice to the foreigner.

"Ah...well. Fuck me."

Word Count: 2,225/4,000

DirectoryTheme

Current date/time is 28th March 2024, 11:13 am