Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Information at last, Plague Questline ~ 2/5

Oras Auro
    Oras Auro

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Player 
    Lineage : Chaotic Legacy
    Position : None
    Guild : Black Rose
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : Izayuki
    Experience : 32,850

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Fictitous Actuality
    Second Magic: W.I.P.
    Third Magic:

Information at last, Plague Questline ~ 2/5 Empty Information at last, Plague Questline ~ 2/5

Post by Oras Auro 12th November 2017, 10:10 pm

Quest link

Oras was the first to arise, just as the day before, only this time they were in a rented out room.  The inn wasn't too large, but it was big enough for the two of them to have enough privacy.  He turned to Amora who was likely to be still sleeping after the very brutal and harsh duel they had the previous night.  He had fulfilled his promise on not going easy on her.  He had done everything he could to make her feel extraordinary pain, as well as used a few new cheap and dirty tricks that were rather common against her.  He knew that the world didn't really care about honor.  Especially with humanity that lived in the world.  He told Amora he didn't want her practicing with her new weapon type until she had thoroughly read it's proper function, as well as the many fighting styles until she had memorized them completely.  This allowed him to keep training her in martial arts and all it's many styles and techniques.

Now however, it was day.  So it was time to move on again.  Oras walked over to Amora, slapping her with the back of his hand not hard enough to hurt or annoy her, but rather just enough to wake her up.
     "It's time to head out."  If Amora looked outside, she would notice that it was not yet daylight, or rather, the sun hadn't broken through yet.  Only the first few rays of light did.  Oras picked up his gear and supplies, leaving Amora to take her own.  He waited by the door, staring her down through his black slit of a visor until she followed him out the door.  He walked downstairs and, to his surprise, saw the innkeeper sitting in a chair by the door.  The innkeeper noticed him and waved, standing up.  "You're Verus right?  delivery man asked if you were here, asked me to give you this."  He handed a letter to Oras, who opened it and read the letter.  So she finally did her research then?  He pocketed it and nodded to him, gesturing for Amora to follow without uttering a word.

- Time skip:  Beanstalk Village -

Along the way he had explained to Amora about the mysterious plants and how they seemed to possess magic of some sort, but wasn't entirely sure what just yet.  He had given a sample to a scientist and he had just received word from her that she had completed her study on the plant.

Word Count:  414
    Total Count:  414

_____________________________________________________________________________________

"You think you know what is truth?  A world of facts? Right and wrong?  Universal Laws?  Soon I will show you.  Soon you will see.  You couldn't be more wrong, Guest."

Information at last, Plague Questline ~ 2/5 TEm5Pci

Amora Shade
    Amora Shade

Player 
    Lineage : None
    Experience : 3,787.5

Information at last, Plague Questline ~ 2/5 Empty Re: Information at last, Plague Questline ~ 2/5

Post by Amora Shade 12th November 2017, 10:31 pm

I relax while sleeping in the nice bed of the inn feeling totally at peace. However, that is quickly broken by a hit to my head. I groan rather loudly in annoyance as i slowly make myself get up out of bed. Still feeling a bit sore, and annoyed at all the bruises from last nighty's duel and now being woken up from what my body is telling me way to early. I turn my head towards you with sleepy and annoyed eyes not being a morning person by any stretch of the imagination. I only get to see his black visor once more as i sigh in annoyance knowing arguing is useless since for one Verus is kind enough to take care of my incompetenceness in terms of society for me. Also, he is basically one of the reasons why i am living since i am sure i would be lost for a long time in that forest since i wouldn't know where i would be going. Their is also the fact that if i did find a town i would probably be cheated, and lied to and used by others do to assuming that everyone is kind instead of having their own hidden agendas that i am not privy to.

With these thoughts i get out off the bed as i look around and takes all the supplies that belong to me with not to much effort as i then try to kick in my memory. I frown remembering i am not allowed to create or even use the weapon i had picked out till i was proficient in knowing how it works, and how i could go about fighting with it. Along with even having to memorize all the ways people have fought with the weapon over the years. I just look towards the black visor of Verus and just goes with him out of the room that he has rented for the two of us.

As we walk out of the room and i hear a delivery for Verus i raise my eyebrow at that and looks to you rather surprised that you would get any mail from...well anybody. Remembering all the looks you got from your attire alone making it seem like you wouldn't be the fan of many people to get any type of letter from. Of course seeing you get a letter and being my natural curious self i ask. So what's in the letter?

-Timeskip: Beanstalk Village-

So their are weird plants that hurt people and can send them to the hospital if stung? That isn't normal not in any book i've read on plants during my times in the wild. I tell you as i look to what i think would be your eyes where they'd be for the visor. And yes i did read while out in my little cave. As i said merchants are rather easy to steal from. I say in a very low voice so only you could here. Having picked up on the fact that stealing isn't a very popular thing, and can be considered bad if people heard that i stole from people that have shops.

Word Count: 531 words

_____________________________________________________________________________________

https://www.fairytail-rp.com/t29734-amora-shade#310137
    Oras Auro
    Oras Auro

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Information at last, Plague Questline ~ 2/5 Empty Re: Information at last, Plague Questline ~ 2/5

Post by Oras Auro 14th November 2017, 12:43 pm

The last words Amora said the prior night, just before drifting to sleep.  She had called his name and told him goodnight.  That was something he was not used to hearing.  It didn't really affect him at all, but it did remind him that someone was with him at all times...  As much as he enjoyed his own privacy, he was going to have to accept that it would be this way, until she either gave up, or he had nothing more to teach him.  Despite the reasons she had shared with him as to why she insisted on traveling with him and his brutal training, he still didn't quite understand it.  She could find another wizard who could teach her how the world worked, and be far more kind to her than he was being.  Treat her like a friend rather than an apprentice he was keeping at arms distance from himself.  He still didn't want to place trust in her, not yet.  Not until he was certain of her personality in the human world, as well as how well she could handle herself.

Despite his instincts he continued to train her as promised.  Each evening he would fight her, putting her through gruesome pain and harsh tactics.  Pretty soon he intended to set up an additional training system for her.  A series of exercises each and every morning.  The only problem he had with any of this was that it slowed himself down immensely, as well as forcing him to spend time with another the entire day.  Though he was fairly certain he could travel during the night and take a few jobs.  He needed to keep drawing in jewels after all.  If he was going to be finding research to create new spells, he needed them.  He also needed to test out his new spells on these missions.

"No, this is no normal plant.  Hopefully the information the scientist will provide us will prove useful to us.  About a week ago I had gathered some of the said weeds for her to study, but I kept one myself.  After studying it however, it began to grow despite being outside the ground.  So I destroyed it.  She has the only samples now."

As they walked, getting closer to the village, more of these plants could be seen.  Small, medium, and rather large in size, each purple with large leaves.  They were spread apart a good distance between one another.  His eyes narrowed as he looked deep into the woods, spotting them every here and there.  They were indeed spreading, despite the fact that he had destroyed all but the samples.  Did the samples the scientist had grow that quickly?  Did they grow out of control?  If that were the case he should take over the research from this point on.  If her sample wasn't the cause of it however...  Then there were two additional possibilities.  The first was the option that he had missed one, which was always a possibility.  Especially when half his attention was on the other wizard, Moon.  He wondered if he'd ever see that man at some point.  The other option which was also a likely possibility, was that there was something else out there.  Something hidden.  That was the true source of these weeds.  Regardless of the source however, he couldn't combat any of this until he understood the weeds better.

He then noticed something.  In the trees.  He felt the vibrations move through the air.  Using his magic of course.  Whoever it was, they were rather good at being hidden.  What the individual's intention was, was unclear to him.  He was unsure whether or not Amora would notice the man's presence or not, but if she said, or did, anything to show that she knew, he would attempt to create casual conversation in order to make it seem like they didn't.
     "What are your thoughts on these plants?"

Word Count:  656
    Total Count:  1,070

"You think you know what is truth?  A world of facts? Right and wrong?  Universal Laws?  Soon I will show you.  Soon you will see.  You couldn't be more wrong, Guest."

Amora Shade
    Amora Shade

Player 

Post by Amora Shade 14th November 2017, 3:30 pm

I nod my head as i listen as i wonder why you would wish to take a sample for yourself? If it went to some scientist who could know more then you what would you try and achieve by studying it yourself? Surely you couldn't find anything these people could if it gets sent to them. I then think on what is a scientist? From how it sounds like they seem like people who know things of this world rather well, and i grin a bit at that thought as i wonder what else i could get and learn from these people. Since if they know things and how they work it is possible for me to learn quite a bit during this.

As we continue to walk through the area and i see these plants i feel uneasy not liking how many their are everywhere as i can only conclude they are some sort of plant that is a invasive species. If that is the case however where did they come from? I look at all the different variants and notices that the bigger plants seems to have smaller ones around them to some degree or the other as i file that away for future use to maybe try and take out the bigger plants if they somehow learn to attack. I look towards you with a somewhat pleading look. Can i use some of the metal you have to form one of those...umm what are those small pointy things the book called them? Oh right. You called them daggers. Can i have some metal that we won't use for a bit to form a dagger. I ask rather cheerfully.

I then think on your question of how i think of these plants as i have a answer right away. i don't like them. They feel off, and look off. As i said i have never read about this species, and they certainly seem some type of invasive plant kind of thing. Which makes you have to ask. Where did they invade from? Cause someone either planted them in the ground here for whatever reason, or had used whatever magic that is possible to mess with them to turn a existing peaceful plant into these. I say with a nod of my head saying my opinion of how these plants are to me. Getting a off feeling from them from my mind missing with me do to thinking this is very,very strange to see a brand new species just pop out of nowhere.

Word Count: 427
    Total:958

Oras Auro
    Oras Auro

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Post by Oras Auro 15th November 2017, 9:21 am

As Oras walked with Amora, he summoned up an illusion behind the cloaked figure, ensuring that the illusion was faded and very well hidden.  With it in place, he was able to get a closer look at the figure.  From the build of the person, it seemed they were a man, though it could easily be a very muscular female as well.  From the bulk in the figure's cloak, it seemed that the figure had a weapon on them.  They way they were moving however, they were simply observing the two travelers.  Why would this person be stalking them?  Why would they need to hide in the shadows?  And why observe them of all people?  Were they tasked to tail them, and if so why?  Or was it just chance that the figure happened to run into the two of them, though that seemed the least likely.  He wondered if someone from the town sent this figure to keep an eye on the two of them, find any proof that Oras was treating the girl badly.  The fact that he had purchased her additional clothes, one specifically for combat, as well as supplies and gear would help deteriorate that theory, but citizens were paranoid so it was a possibility.

The figure turned around sharply but Oras had dispelled the illusion at that point.  He continued to walk normally, pretending that nothing was wrong, nor that he had noticed anything.  Oras heard Amora ask for some metal so that she could make some daggers if the need arose.  He looked at her but she seemed to be concerned about the plants, not a stalker.  Otherwise he had a feeling she would be reacting far more differently.  While he had placed a rule that she could not use her specified weapon until she knew everything about it, including it's weaknesses, strengths, advantages, disadvantages, average weight, precisely how the mechanics of the weapon work, physics required for the archery half of it, and many other forms of the weapon that needed study, he saw no reason for her to go without a weapon entirely.  Especially now of all days.  He pulled her metallic belt out of his bag and handed it to her for her to put on.  The metal was on one side, so even if she took all of the metal off, the leather belt would remain perfectly fastened.

He then listened to her talk about the strange plants and what her thoughts on them were.  She spoke of how they felt, and looked off but did not specify or clarify what she meant by that.  Oras wondered what she meant by that then.  To Oras it only felt off because it had a magical feel to it.  It didn't emanate any magical essence, as any magical object or organism did, yet he could detect the magic energy inside the plant.  Other than that, the plant's are described as stinging those who touch them, yet when Oras had studied them, it had no fuzz, bumps or thorns of any sort.  The leaves, the stem, everything was very smooth, within the natural realm of course.  She continued stating how the plants seemed to be an invasive species, and asked the question where did they invade from.  Oras definitely agreed that this was a very important question here, and would need thorough research and investigation to discover the answer to that particular question.  She soon finished and Oras shook his head.
     "Whatever this plant is, it was not any ordinary plant from the beginning.  If it was, it was a plant sealed long ago and was only recently released.  Otherwise?  I wonder if this was a genetically engineered plant made by wizards.  For what purpose remains uncertain.  If you reach out with your magical abilities you'll be able to feel the magic energy inside each of these plants.  However what you may not notice, is that they aren't radiating, or emanating any energy of any sort.  How does any organism that possesses magic energy not emanate it like every other living being?  That is one of the many questions I have."

As they walked, Beanstalk village came into view.  There were no more plants which indicated that the plants had not yet reached the village, though they were certainly spreading in every direction.  Not just the village.

Word Count: 724
    Total Count: 1,794

Amora Shade
    Amora Shade

Player 

Post by Amora Shade 15th November 2017, 3:44 pm

I grin happily as i take the belt you had allowed me to have as i put it on as i grab at the metal and forms a dagger out of it and smiles when i do so. I can already feel the weight difference between what i have been using against you in our combat fights, and this piece of metal. I just happily start moving the dagger in swinging motions as i make sure to keep my distance away from you. Not wishing to harm you, no matter how unlikely that is, by me wishing to practice and get use to the feel of how the blades moves and how it affects my momentum as i swing it. After a minute of doing so i nod seemingly satisfied as i put it into a pocket of my coat as i walk alongside you gazing at all these flowers.

Sealed? I say rather curiously. I know you seal things in cups and such, but how do you seal a entire plant species? That seems a bit difficult to do i mean that would require lots of work to try and do so. It would require killing off all the others around the world since these seem to be spreading a lot all over the place. So i would imagine it would take a bit of effort to remove them all. Then comes the next part how do you not seal other things that aren't these plants if something got within whatever the process of sealing these things are. Since i am sure it is not like normal sealing of objects but instead did some other magical manner you are referring to. I ask you curiously as i look towards you.

I then hear you that i could sense magic as i then try to do so focusing entirely on that task as i then feel a bit of magic coming from these things after trying for five minutes. Not use entirely to try and stretch my senses to understand these senses that i can seemingly have. I grin rather happily seeing this fact before me as i then try to sense your magic. Wondering if by doing so if i can figure anything out like how truly stronger you are then me. Knowing you are since i have fought you at least hand to hand which i know isn't your full power, so that has left me rather curious to knowing if i can find out your true strengths or at least a range without you knowing.

As i start to see a village come within sight i smile happily, and notice that strangely enough the village seems entirely fine from these weird plants from invading them. I take a mental note of that as i find that rather strange as it just makes me more weary of what can be within this little town. Making me wonder if it is some magical influence coming from within the place.

Word count: 502
    Total: 1460

Oras Auro
    Oras Auro

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Post by Oras Auro 18th November 2017, 4:18 pm

They were almost on the town when Amora began to speak again, mentioning first how he had suggested the idea of the plant's species having been sealed.  The more she spoke the more she made it clear for him that she had no idea that there was such a thing as a magical seal.  This didn't surprise him due to her not being around humanity and it's inventive creative genius at finding alternatives to supposed impossible problems.  Mankind was foolish enough to either be gullible, or get to a point where they think themselves invincible.  It was really a pathetic thing if he was honest.  There was a reason the seven sins were such a well known, overused, and famous phrase.  Pride.  Wrath.  Lust.  Greed.  Gluttony.  Sloth.  Envy.  These sins were the ultimate devastation of mankind.  While there were other pitfalls they could fall into, these seven were the most common and most deadly.  Of course Amora would know little or nothing of these sins.

"There are more ways to seal something than that of which you are aware of.  And while it is difficult, if such a dangerous plant existed back then, do you not think that any intelligent being would work to exterminating them and sealing the source?  These plants that we are observing have something related to magic, so do you not think that magic should be the way to seal the plants?  At any rate, while the possibility chance of it being whatever reason is perfectly balanced, I personally don't believe that the plants being sealed is the result we will discover."

Soon enough they had reached the village.  Oras walked through, ignoring the pointing and muttering, the children talking to their mother about a masked individual.  He walked straight to a house and knocked on the door.  There was a bit of silence before footsteps could be heard before the door opened up.  Revealing a woman with brown hair braided, hanging over her shoulder, a pair of glasses, a green and white shirt and finally brown pants and skirt.  She almost jumped back when she saw his mask but calmed down as she knew why he was here. "Verus right?  Thank you for responding to my message, please come in!  Umm, who might this be?"

Word Count: 380
    Total Count: 2,174

Last edited by Oras Auro on 18th November 2017, 4:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

Amora Shade
    Amora Shade

Player 

Post by Amora Shade 18th November 2017, 4:29 pm

I nod my head just listening and then just having to accept that magic can seal things in some way somehow very specifically items or nature. That fact seeming very strange to me in every way possible. I can only wonder what else magic is capable of, and if it can possibly just seal one specific plant species somehow. It also makes me wonder what else could be sealed upon a grand skill with another wizards behind it. I grin a bit at the thought of knowing that i don't know much about all these different aspects and things of magic. I can only wonder what other sorts of magic i will encounter along the way and how i will fight against these people who could use magic for their own personal gain.

As we walk through town i see the same reactions from people once more and just frown at all of this. It makes me curious why so many people are always like this. Are all humans this predictable if they live in a similar situation? If this is the case then so many people could be lied to and could be convinced if done in the same ways. I just look at these people and wonder if they have such a reaction so similar in two different towns. Then what about myself are their things where i could be led to believe one thing about others do to just how i have been raised, and things i could be told. I watch as you walk towards a house and knock on the door. Very soon after a woman comes out saying your name and then asking me mine.

I just smile and gives a wave as i say the first thing that can come to mind. My name is Tigra ma'am you must be the person that Verus has told me studied these weird plants that are around this town. I say in a kind and upbeat tone as i look to this woman.

Word Count: 337
    Total: 1797

Oras Auro
    Oras Auro

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Post by Oras Auro 19th November 2017, 3:32 pm

While Amora spoke with the woman, introducing herself with an interesting alias that he couldn't link to anything.  Oras double checked the vicinity, scanning the area by summoning illusions that were very carefully hidden.  He could detect the cloaked rogue, despite their doubled attempts to keep hidden, confirming that they were in fact stalking them.  For what reason was still unknown.  Either they were trying to get information, steal something, or they quite possibly were trying to assassinate them, which would only end in failure of course.  While Oras' magic wasn't maximized just yet, he would be getting stronger soon enough.  The woman was hesitant but nodded with a gentle and kind smile and opened the door wide.

"Well come in!  Please!  I have much information to share with you concerning the plant!  There's a lot to discuss."  She led the other two in and Amora would have her first good look at a human home.  It had a different feel than the inn, particularly with the lack of noise and smell of alcohol.  There was a simple table with four chairs in the room to the left, while the room they were in currently had several comfortable chairs and couches.  The woman gestured for them to follow her past these rooms to the back.  "I'd like to show you the plant, and that's in my work space.  "So I've experimented with the plant, clipping off some leaves, with caution by the way, and examined them carefully.  Unfortunately, I cannot find any possible cause or reason these plants would put people in the hospital, so I can only assume it is some form of magic.  Which is why I sent for you Verus, as you are a wizard.  But what's most concerning to me...  Is this."

They arrived in the room to a rather, startling surprise.  Oras' eyes narrowed as he took in the entire scene.  While there were many counters, tables, devices, test tubes, etc., most of the floor was...  Destroyed.  The roots of the plant seemed to have broken through the table, crawled through the inside of the table's legs to the point where the table had fallen, and begun burrowing through the floor of the work shop.  Not only this, but it had all three leaves.  Not missing one as she had stated beforehand.  Oras followed one of the many streams of roots until it vanished into the ground entirely.  "The plant seems to have very strong corrosion abilities.  It can burrow through just about anything with it's roots it seems.  Not only this but when it's roots travel far enough, they resurface and, well.  When they do it's as another weed entirely...  They're just as vulnerable as any other plant, the risk is their destructive and reproductive capabilities.  I'm not sure, if the weed's destructive nature is, well.  Natural, like a plant's abilities, or if it's a full blown magical plant.  I wanted to get your opinion on this."

Oras was silent, and didn't move for a moment.  Soon he took a few steps forward before bending down, observing the roots more closely.  "Have you examined the roots with bare hands?" The woman blinked in mild surprise.  "U-um, no.  I didn't want to take the risk."  Oras stared at it for a moment before pulling on the bandages of his hands for only a moment, and making contact with the roots.  The woman gave a miniature shriek, hoping he didn't have to be sent to the hospital.  However he pulled his hand back calmly and put his wrappings back in place, staying in his squatting position.  "Do either of you know why water feels so cold?"  After listening to Amora, if she spoke at all, the scientist would give her input.  "The water draws in heat from anyone who comes in contact in it, giving the illusion that it's cold."  Oras nodded.  "Tigra and I noted that it seemed these plants have magic energy but they were not emanating it.  These weeds are sucking the physical and magical strength out of anything that comes in contact with it.  Are there any more in the village?"  The woman looked surprised but nodded.  "One resurfaced in my garden and is beginning to gro-"  "Not anymore it isn't."  Oras stated.  He turned to Amora.  "Did you notice the cloaked individual on our way here?"

Word Count:  725
    Total Count:  2,899

Amora Shade
    Amora Shade

Player 

Post by Amora Shade 19th November 2017, 3:44 pm

I smile happily as i enter the home after Verus does and i look around with curiosity wondering why it seems so different right away. It definitely smells more pleasant that is for certain. Which isn't that hard to beat when all that i had was a inn, and alcohol doesn't exactly smell like the best thing in the world. Also, it was much more quiet which i enjoy rather immensely being what i am more use to from being in the wild as i look at all the nice furniture as i resist the temptations to look at everything and touch everything. Knowing that if i did so it might send the wrong message to this woman like it does with the rest of the town when they see me with you.

As i'm gestured to follow i do so as i listen to what the woman has to say about the plants as i am rather curious on what she has found out, and what she can know just from living here. I nod my head as she says it is magic based so that means that sealing might not be the case then. Cause if that was true then they would be normal plants, but since they're magical that means they have been manipulated in a way. I nod my head as i continue to listen and watch as we're lead towards the back of this place.

My eyes widen seeing the state of the room as i am tempted to try and destroy this thing here and now for ruining such a nice place, and to try and stop whatever it is doing. However, i just look at my hands and pouts knowing i couldn't do much since i can't destroy the roots entirely since i don't have any crush abilities for anything already in the ground. I then here the question of why water is cold. uhhh nope no idea. I only have at best some kind of temperature difference. I say with a shrug not knowing or why that is important at all to this conversation at hand.

Cloaked individual? I say confused not knowing who you are speaking of. However, i immediately take out my steel knife and asks. Does this person wish harm on us Verus. Cause you said those people are bad people. Doesn't that mean they need to be dealt with in some manner? I ask curiously and to normal people like the woman it would be very off putting do to the tone being rather innocent also.

Word Count: 430
    Total: 2227

Oras Auro
    Oras Auro

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Post by Oras Auro 19th November 2017, 3:47 pm

Rolling for Cloaked Stalker

NPC
    NPC

Mentor : Admin

Character Sheet
    First Magic:
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by NPC 19th November 2017, 3:47 pm

The member 'Oras Auro' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

'Monster Dice' :
    Information at last, Plague Questline ~ 2/5 UtKyMUJ
    Oras Auro
    Oras Auro

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Post by Oras Auro 19th November 2017, 9:05 pm

While Amora was replying to Oras, the cloaked stalker who was listening outside the windows, hidden of course, had received a rather sudden surprise.  He could sense it at first, and turned around swiftly.  He had swung his arm out, decent martial arts tactic, but Oras' illusion was better in every way.  His arm phased through the illusion of Oras Auro, before the illusion struck thrice.  Once in the shoulder, hitting a pressure point that disabled it.  Another on the waist, causing temporary paralysis, and the third on the neck.  This combination caused the cloak man to collapse.  The real Oras, inside the building, heard her concern and saw her grip her weapon.  He gestured for her to put it down, walked over to the window, and opened it.  The illusion tossed the limp man inside and vanished instantly.  The woman gave a cry of shock and fright to see the cloaked man tossed into her house like that.  Oras shut the window and locked it up.  He turned to Amora.  "That will not be necessary."

Oras walked over to the man who couldn't move and searched him.  He searched ever section on and in the cloak.  Every possible pocket and hiding place, until he had discovered two individual items.  One of them was a used match, which meant that he had probably burned something recently.  What was it exactly he wondered.  And why did this man deem it worthy to burn?  There was the excuse of a torch but that made no sense as the forest was not dim at all, and there were no caves anywhere.  In addition it was in the middle of the afternoon, nowhere near nighttime.  The other item was a silver coin.  He picked it up to examine it closer.  One one side of the coin was a design of a skull, and on the other was a carved hand.  On the coin, there were symbols or runes that he could not read.  He couldn't even determine what language or how ancient it was.  Either it was too ancient for even him to know, or it was a new language specifically designed to keep others from reading it.  He flicked the coin to the woman who failed to catch it, but did pick it up.  "See if you recognize any of those symbols."

Oras stared at the man thoughtfully, wondering why on earth this man would be following them.  He had no weapons on him, and while it seemed he had some understanding and skill in martial arts, it was clear he was not skilled enough to kill with it.  Unless his target knew nothing of combat.  He doubted now that this man was sent from the town from what he saw on the coin.  So who was he?  And where did he come from?  He thought about questioning him but he doubted that he'd get anywhere with it.  He could resort to torture but he didn't see the point.  This man hadn't really committed any crime really, or rather, major crime.  Regardless of this however, he wanted to see if he could get answers.

"Well then.  Let's start with something easy," he said in a cool and calm voice.  "What is your name?"  The man was silent.  He looked nervous, but showed no signs of speaking at all.  Oras let the silence hang for a moment before continuing.  "Very well nobody.  Why were you following us?  And why were you listening in on our conversation?"  The man said nothing yet again, instead he gathered saliva and shot a heavy spit at Oras who was unaffected by this.  Instead he moved closer to the limp man and slammed his fist into the man's arm.  The man was clearly in pain from this and yelled to the top of his lungs....  Yet no sound was heard.  "I can do this all day until you pass out from the pain, and then wait until you come to again and start all over.  And no one will hear you scream.  Do you wish to cooperate now?"  The man struggled a moment with the pain, but he slowly regained composure and steeled his face.  The man was stubborn, as well as loyal, Oras had to give him that.

He turned to the horrified woman and stood up.
     "It's just a bruise.  We'll get no information out of him.  However with what we know of this plant, as well as this man here, I strongly suggest that Tigra and I investigate this matter.  There is more to this plant than we currently know, which is saying something.  Why would this man be listening in on our conversation?  Is he directly related to the weeds or is he nothing more than a hired thug?  That coin tells me otherwise.  Have you identified any of the symbols?"  The woman shook her head.  "No nothing...  Although I feel I must pay you for stopping him.  I mean, he was stalking us in my house.  Here, please take this, and don't refuse it!  You've done much for me already..."  Oras nodded, accepting the jewel and splitting it with Amora.

Word Count:  856
    Total Count:  3,755

Amora Shade
    Amora Shade

Player 

Post by Amora Shade 19th November 2017, 9:20 pm

Wait? Did a illusion just throw a man inside this building? I say more shocked on that aspect then said man being thrown in to the building as i put away my dagger and walks over towards you and the man looking at you with curiosity. I think their is something to your illusions that are more then meets the eye. I say with a smile not realizing the unintentional pun i had made. I then watch you search the man in question as i tilt my head and looks towards the floor as i smile having an idea on what i could do if i can get permission from you. Knowing you prefer me to stay hidden in what i can do then anything else.

I then watch you beat the man trying to gain information as i tilt my head watching, but not interfering for now. Figuring this is just a part of what i can learn from humans. That they'll resort to violence to get anything they want, or even kill if i can assume this was that man's goal. I walk up towards you after you finish punching the person and takes out a dagger once more. Would hurting him work Verus. You know using my own brand of magic to hurt him? Or can i not do that because of some. I whisper the next part quietly. One of your human laws that forbid physical harm of a person like him. I then back away having whispered that quietly enough for only you. Or should i just bind him up with some magic to give over to whoever is in charge of security in this town. Also that person is pretty bad at their job if they allowed this guy to get this far. I say with a nod of my head looking at this silent person. Impressed he or she could remain silent through that. As i remember being quiet vocal in some manner when being hit by your strikes during our practices.

I then hear your speculations and frowns a bit not liking the idea of this person being related to the plants. I then pause at that. Umm Verus if this person is related to the plants, and is trying to stop that. Wouldn't that mean he would kill this lady when we weren't here? I mean why try now? i think he has some score against us because killing this lady would be easier without us around when he would attempt to do so. I say stating my own piece into that as i take the jewels that you give me.

Word Count: 445 words
    Total:2672

Oras Auro
    Oras Auro

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Post by Oras Auro 19th November 2017, 9:51 pm

Oras heard her exclamation of surprise and gave a short and quick chuckle. She didn't know just how far his powers of illusion could go. His fear aura allowed him to make the world around seem like the realm of the seven Hells at any time he wanted, as well as force his targets, or rather those around him that he allows to be affected, to be forced into such a state of fear and terror that messed with the senses greatly. He had recently developed magic that allowed him to alter the way the world exists, essentially altering sight. Hearing. Scent, and even magical power. He wasn't creating an illusion per cay, more of altering how the sound waves, light reflections, scent molecule shapes, and aura waves acted. He was getting closer to what he was hoping for. To alter and change the world so greatly that those who faced him would not be able to stand long against him. For who could fight while their entire reality. Everything they have come to know, trust and understand, become the exact opposite and then some, changing every moment? That was his magic. That was his specialty. While he was categorized as an illusionist, his magic went so much farther than just that. While Amora was correct that there was more to his magic than met the eye, and yes he caught that pun there. She had no idea how much more there truly was. His magic was quite possibly the most complex. Not in the mechanics and workings of the magic, but that it required one to understand the one and only truth: That truth doesn't exist, and that the world is ever changing. Nothing is real or stable.

When Amora asked whether or not she should give it a try and aid, using her own magic against the cloaked figure, Oras shook his head.
    "Nothing you can do will make this man talk. He is stubborn and loyal, whoever he works for. As for laws, so far as the guards will know, he had stalked us here and broke into the house. All we have to do is say we hit him back out of self defense. Too much and they will not believe us, though we could use herbs here to reduce the overall damage. Bottom line is that he's essentially a dead end. We need to move on to something more useful. Starting with these plants. And yes you should bind him. Not with magic, some strong rope will do. Miss, we'll be staying here for a while. We'll set up our tents outside to keep from troubling you, but would you please find a guard from the village to apprehend this man?" The woman nodded and made her way to the door. "Tigra, these guards were distracted by us, and are not masters of finding individuals who are in hiding. You didn't even notice the man stalking us the entire way here. We'll need to work on those senses of yours, help you keep from being caught off guard. In addition, while he wasn't the best at fighting another, he was certainly a decent rogue."

He then heard her question about the cloaked man and the plants and leaned against a wall. "No it wouldn't. Otherwise he would have a weapon on him and he didn't. My guess is he was sent here by someone to spy on us, or gather information. Judging by what he was doing it could have been either option. And for what reason would he be coming after us? We've made one appearance beforehand together, and it wasn't too horrible as far as first impressions go. As far as myself, I haven't done anything yet to make myself a target by anyone I can think of. It only happened once I received the letter and we headed over to this village. My guess is that he followed the letter to me, and followed us back. He was probably watching her the entire time."

Amora Shade
    Amora Shade

Player 

Post by Amora Shade 19th November 2017, 10:04 pm

i pout at little a bit at that fact of that i wouldn't be able to help in any manner, and any attempt i could do might be a bit overboard if i wasn't to careful with how i did things. I just go get the rope after you finish speaking and ties up the person with surprising efficiency considering i had lived in the wild. I manage to tie this person up like a professional as i grin down at him. I hope you like wherever these guards end up putting you. I say with a grin on my face as i back up then and holds my dagger to him then puts it away wanting to hurt him a little bit for trying to attack us, but i know better then to go against you at this point as i can only imagine how hard the training would be if i try to break one of your rules.

Well i mean Verus the guards are trained to protect the town i imagine, so they should have better eyes or senses to these kinds of things, and not spend all their resources on two strange individuals. I say wanting to defend myself for my point on the guards. and yeah i know i need to improve my senses if you could find this guy, but i couldn't since i don't have the excuse of strength if he is like this. I say turning to the guy who is all tied up now.

I then nod my head in understanding of what you are saying about this person's apparel and what he had on him. Seeing your point that he was basically defenseless, and truthfully if he knew that we were mages it makes me curious who made the first move. Did this guy try to attack, or did you just knock him out once you revealed that you knew about his position. I just chuckle a bit hoping it is the latter as i can only imagine the look on the person's face when he sees another you beating him up with your knowledge of fighting at your side. If he was watching her though? Why not try to stop her research since he is probably connected to these plants. It wouldn't make much sense otherwise unless this lady has some enemies we don't know about Verus. I say to you. If he was meant to watch her why not stop her from studying the plants if he is linked to them. To allow whatever these plants are meant to do in the end to do so without interruption.

Word Count: 446
    Total:3118

Oras Auro
    Oras Auro

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Post by Oras Auro 20th November 2017, 5:17 pm

The cloaked man looked at Amora, grinning with a chuckle when she said that.  "It doesn't matter sweetie.  Whether I'm in a prison cell or out and about.  I'm always useful."  Oras noted that he didn't say whom he was useful to, nor that he was linked to anyone.  This made him think and wonder if he really was a man for hire.  It could be that he was just attempting to throw the two of them off, though he could technically do that with the truth as well.  Oras just didn't have enough info on this man to make any accurate judgement.  Perhaps if the guards could find out whom this man was, he could do some research into him and find out what this man may be doing at the present day.  If he could do that...  Perhaps he could solve one of the puzzle pieces to this situation.  There were multiple things that needed established after all.  It was sort of like finishing a puzzle, which created one piece of a larger puzzle.  This man was one of them.  The coin, and the weeds, were another two.  And as with all puzzles, he was guessing that there were more, far more to solve than just these three subjects.

The woman entered the room again, with two guards who looked at the cloak man, and then Oras.  He nodded to Oras.
     "We heard what had happened.  Thanks for protecting Amaline sir.  Alright you, come here."  The guards brought the man to his feet and began leading him away.  All the while the cloaked man had a smug grin on his face.  Once they were gone, Oras turned to Amora and her comment.  "While this is true, not everyone is that skilled.  Especially in a village in contrast to a town or city.  Villages tend to have children who grow up wanting to be a guard or knight, not fully understanding the difficulty until they go through training.  That man probably grew up knowing Amaline, am I correct?"  Amaline nodded her head.  "We knew each other growing up.  He always thought it was funny that I wanted to be a scientist, so I poked back saying it was funny that he wanted to be a knight." Oras was silent, since Amora's statement was answered already.  He did however nod to Amora.  He was glad to know that she understood how useless excuses were, and the way she spoke in response to him made him believe she intended to do something about that.

Oras listened to her as she gave her thoughts on the matter of the cloaked individual and what he was possibly doing.  He nodded as she did have points.
     "Very true.  My thoughts are that he was not to get directly involved unless he was either told so, or if things went too far.  Even in a village, when there is a strange event happening, and then research, or the researcher, suddenly goes missing?  That spells out bad news regardless.  My guess is that whoever is behind this wants it to seem like there is no one behind it."

Amora Shade
    Amora Shade

Player 

Post by Amora Shade 20th November 2017, 5:30 pm

I frown at that statement as i hear that. As i look over to you and whispers a bit softly. When he says useful either way. Do you think he can communicate with his boss in some way. That way he is useful in the sense of transferring information secretly? Or do you think it is more of a recruiting sort of manner of other bad people like him? I ask you in a low voice not wanting anyone else to hear that. Not wishing to seem strange, or that much out of place if my curiosities are misguided do to not understanding how jails work. It then begs my mind to question how are jails to people who break crimes? I can only hope they are a very bad and miserable place to make them to scared to ever make sure crimes again. That is assuming that those people ever get out of this jail.

I look towards the guards and give a wave as they take the person away. I see his smug look and can only want to punch it off of his face, but at this point if i tried i wold most likely end up in jail from what i can gather of what i was told. I then hear how the guards are mostly people trying to aspire to some goal and i frown a bit at that. Knowing their could be much more better reasons to be a knight then following the footsteps of another who had come before this person aspiring to reach that kind of goal. That they could do so to try and help others like how this first knight was most likely had done before anyone else. Then their is protection of those close to them could be another goal that is better then just wanting to be something since it looked cool. I find myself questioning how smart humans can be if they do such things. What do they get out of following such naive concepts? Do i have any of these? if yes how can i go about eliminating them. I make sure to remember these thoughts for later.

Well i guess you're right Verus now their is only the matter of what do we do now? I mean we have a plant growing within this home, and all we got to do now is to figure out what you found on that man. How are they linked to what is happening, and is their a group that can be linked to it. I say with a nod of my head and looking at you with curiosity not really knowing how to proceed at this moment as i look around the home.

Word count: 457
    Total:3575

Current date/time is 28th March 2024, 4:57 pm