Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

CANDY CORN GALA • sitewide social gathering

Sol
    Sol

Shadow of Death

Shadow of Death

Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- 11 Sinner- Coming Storms- Guild Master- God Slayer- Dragon Slayer- Neutral Guild Ace- Dark Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Tertiary Magic- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : Immortal Death
    Position : Warlord of Superbia
    Guild : Co GM of Onyx Moon
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : Nykyrian, Ballom The Poison Dragon
    Experience : 2,005,532

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Venom God Slayer 1st Gen
    Second Magic: Shadow Dragon Slayer 2nd Gen
    Third Magic:

Linked topic Re: CANDY CORN GALA • sitewide social gathering

Post by Sol 20th October 2017, 1:20 am

Sol simply smiled and nodded as Itori seemed happy to see him and while she declined his offer to dance she did say she would like to later tonight. The dragon could accept that answer since he had interrupted the two and they were locked in with no explination.”very well perhaps later then and also perhaps we can catch up” he said before he heard her ask if he was in good health and offered to talk should he feel something was wrong.” I’m alright Itori actually Ive never felt better since I completed my Dragonification I have gone from human to demon to a full dragon and I feel amazing” he said with a grin showing his sharp teeth for a moment. It was then that the fox woman introduced him to her companion in conversation and he blinked in surprise at the amount of machinery on her along with the strong smell of iron that clung to her. At the mention of his affiliation Sol spoke.”to be fair Itori I would rather keep my occupation and affiliation to myself since I’m fairly sure many people here would frown upon it and some might even like to knife me” he said with a chuckle at the end.

It honestly made him feel good to know that Itori thought that he was a good man even though that was the farthest thing from the truth, he was not a good man he was an evil man but he had a few morals and to those that he considered friend he was a dependable ally and a loyal friend. Itori could consider herself one of the lucky few that had earned the slayers friendship. As he was introduced to Grema he got a look of wonder in his eyes as he saw her Magitech parts and he then spoke.”it’s a pleasure to meet you Gremalin, if I may ask who created your Magictech prosthetics, I enjoy seeing different designs as I create magitech myself in my spare time“ he said as his eyes caught glimpses of metal on the woman and he could also take a guess from the smell of iron on her. Sol was being truthful about his creation of Magictech, he may seem like he enjoyed lazing about but the dragon was actually very active and constantly was pushing the boundrys of science and machinery by combining them with magic. One of the dragons crowning achivements was the creating a powerful robot but combining it with the brain of a mage making it able to fight and plan steps ahead that no other machine could.

Hearing more people arrive Sol blinked as it seemed that more people had snuck in before the doors had locked then he had thought, he could only hope that the regent of this party finally showed up and explained what was going on, Sol would be lying if he didn’t say that he was suspicious since this wasent the first time he had a situation such as this and it wouldn’t be the last.

7 tickets

_____________________________________________________________________________________

“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown. Fear what you do not Know"

Gold Lacrima Ends 11/23/2020

The Hustler
    The Hustler

Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Fan Art Contest Participant- Lineage Making Contest Participant- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Player 
    Lineage : Viktor's Descent
    Position : None
    Guild : Guildless
    Experience : 100

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Imperial Combat : Tactical Assault
    Second Magic: N/A
    Third Magic:

Post by The Hustler 20th October 2017, 4:00 pm

Adalia's left eyebrow twitched; why in the world had she decided to attend a social gathering was beyond her.  While she was walking in Hargeon Town one night, a raven had flown over her and dropped a letter on her head, much to her annoyance.  Being the nosy person that she was, Adalia opened the letter that she was uncertain was sent to her, yet, after reading it she felt as though it was written exclusively for her.  The letter wasn't particularly fancy or anything of the sort, yet, it made her feel compelled to join in on the festivities, even half tempting her to dress up for such an occasion, though that didn't happen.  Getting from Hargeon Town to Capital Crocus wasn't easy.  She had to use her scarce money intelligently and find some people who were willing to give her free transportation, but, she got there, and that's where we're at right now.

She was already inside of the gathering, having sneaked through a side entrance; she didn't want anyone seeing her entering the place, though, she'd have to tolerate people seeing her inside of the gala.  She didn't really know what to do at such a gathering; there were many people whom she had never seen before, so she decided to stay in the darker areas where it'd be difficult to notice her.  As stated before, normally, Adalia would never even consider coming to such a gathering, yet, while she was on her way towards the gala, she was almost happy that she was going, and that's what bothered her.  There was something suspicious about this place, but she couldn't figure out what exactly that was.  She would investigate, but first, take full advantage of the free food and drink that was offered at the gala.

She maneuvered through the mages and creatures fairly easily due to her size, hoping that what she wore and carried wouldn't draw much, if any, attention.  She had a small smile on her face when she reached the punch table that had cake next to it; Adalia had little money since arriving in the new country and has been struggling financially, so this was a nice temporary break from that.  The punch had a nice fruity flavour, having several mixed into the drink which she couldn't distinguish between.  The cake itself was a velvet cake slice, which, of course, was always fantastic to eat.  When she was done with her first slice of cake, she decided to treat herself to another...  and another...  till she had eaten about five slices of cake.  This was extremely unusual for her, but, there was no way that Adalia would turn down free food at this point in her life, however junky it may be.

Now that she was done eating, she went into another room, only to find more inhabitants and party-goers.  Almost every single room she went into had more and more people in them, which was starting to irritate her.  Adalia eventually gave up...  for the time being.  She'd see what would happen before doing anything else, now.  Maybe socialize a bit, though, that'd be doubtful.

OOC:
    524 = 1 ticket

_____________________________________________________________________________________

[/url]
    Shea Duskhelm
    Shea Duskhelm

Player 
    Lineage : None
    Guild : Black Sails
    Experience : 150

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Grand Aria
    Second Magic: Advent of the Dragoon
    Third Magic:

Post by Shea Duskhelm 20th October 2017, 5:11 pm

Shea watched with a small smile as her acquaintance fluttered with worry over their state of events after they broke out of the reunion hug. It was rather concerning for everyone involved to be trapped, but it especially irked the free-spirited half-elf. She really didn’t like to be tied down to one place, let alone trapped like they were now. It really made her unhappy, and several times now she had to resist at least a pout, if not a frown. She even had teleportation powers that she would usually use to get out of such places, but something was telling her that was a bad idea.

“You have good reason to worry dear, but at this point in time little cause.”
    Shea soothed in her usual easy-going manner. “At this point it's up to those of either great intellect or power that could get us out of this place, or simply our host making herself known.” The songstress said with a small wave of her gloved hand. She was no slouch and skilled at magic, there wasn’t anything she could do but help keep the peace. “And while we may be powerful and intelligent in our own right, mages like us can’t really do anything about this situation at the moment. So it’s best just to enjoy ourselves at a nice party~! Don’t you worry darling, if anything does happen you have friends all around you to aid in the situation.” Shea made one last move to reassure the tipsy girl.

“But on the other hand…” The beautiful woman said with a sly look in her eye, plucking the girl’s current hard stuff out of her grasp, though allowing her to grab it again if she wanted to. “We are in uncertain territory, so it’s best to keep one’s mind sharp. You may need it soon. Though keeping up appearances is a good thing as well, as we both know as performers.” The dragoon says, toasting her own almost empty white wine in return, though she had been secretly using her healing abilities to keep her wits about her. She then subtly flicked the hem if her dress so her shrunken favorite spear could be seen. Seeing as how Desiree had summoned one of her crystals earlier and that Kiwi was here, Shea knew the girl was prepared as well and have full faith in her combat abilities. Though it probably wouldn’t be a good thing if the white-haired girl’s alcoholism got to the tabloids, mostly when thinking about her age and younger fans. But she probably knew that and the older woman knew better than to harp unnecessarily.

The former opera singer then hid a smile behind her wine glass at the mention of possible rivals, or at least the blue-haired woman was sure that was the implication from the tone of Desiree’s voice. “Oh pish posh about rivals, it’s much more fun to beat them on the stage anyways,” Shea said, a certain amount of mischief entering her voice. She then gently grabbed the younger girls arm and tucked it under her own. “Let’s talk about how many handsome men and beautiful women are attending this party, shall we? Ooooh, or maybe some gossip? Possibly a bit of both?” Shea said, gently yet almost casually dragging the girl along with her to the non-alcoholic refreshment table, giving a few pets and coo’s to the adorable symbiote on the way. “So who do you think is the most handsome mage here? I’m quite partial to the Fire King myself, he cuts quite the figure in that suite, though I’d probably pick my companies vice-president Julius Sea’s if he was here. How about the woman for you? Aiyana of Lamia Scale is looking gorgeous tonight. And did you see the look on the face of that girl attaching herself to Mura Kensho of Fairy Tail?” Shea chattered away to the idol beside her, still giving Kiwi any attention he wanted while absentmindedly making sure the ones they were talking about were out of hearing range, to the best of her abilities.

WC: 660
    Total: 1644
    Tickets: 3

@Desiree Blooms

CANDY CORN GALA • sitewide social gathering - Page 4 HdUXW6O
    CANDY CORN GALA • sitewide social gathering - Page 4 600px-10

Grema Fen
    Grema Fen

Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- Character Application Approved!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Player 
    Guild : Black Rose
    Experience : 1850

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Holder Magic: Magitech
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Grema Fen 20th October 2017, 6:25 pm

Grema nodding when the animal girl introduced herself, and almost let out a sigh of disappointment when she admitted her ignorance of magitech. One of the main thing she had missed about her home country was other people to talk about her favorite subject about. But whatever, she seemed friendly enough, and knowledgeable about something she was curious about. Though Grema didn’t know how to refer to her. She was from that eastern country, right? So was Grema supposed to refer to her by her last name or her first name? Wait, was she introducing herself in the Fiore way or Midi way? So which was her last name and which was her first name?! Also, what was a kitsune?

Grema decided to wing it and call her Shirokawa. Then listened, and recorded, her small lecture on mind-based magic with extreme focus. It, at the very least, explained the letter and the events behind it. Could it also possibly explain why people were so calm? Probably not, mages were probably so used to weird things happening to them that they now tended to deal with this on a situation-by-situation basis now. Or so Grema theorized.

Then a rather tired looking man approached before Grema could reply, completely unaware that she was now in a conversation with a dark mage. What? She didn’t assume that every off-looking individual was evil, look at herself for goodness sake! Game Changer gave a whine of disappointment at the ending of the belly rubs before getting over it and going over to his master's feet for a nap. Grema waited through the small talk of Itori and Sol, only giving a nod when she was introduced. Then raised an eyebrow at the less-than-moral implication. So he had enemies of some sort? Must be hard, but Grema still didn’t think he was dark since there was several members of Infinity Hydra and Sabertooth around, both guilds which are known for their love of Dark Mage annihilation, Itori being one of them and friends with the man. Technically Grema was also a member of a light guild but didn’t care much for bounty hunting unless with a direct reason to.

Then her one good eye practically lit up at the mention of his interest in magitech. Yes! Finally, someone to talk about the topic with! “Call me Grema, and nice to meet you. So you're intrusted in magitech? My magic is focused on magitech actually, and I’m an expert in the subject, made these prosthetics myself. Was educated in the world magitech capital of Bosco itself. Even my body equips magitech to make up for its missing natural parts, though it's powered by my own magic rather than the usual natural energy or larchima its more commonly known to be in use of in Fiore.” Grema half-bragged and even showed her left magitech arm, leg, and eye to the duo amongst scarred skin. She even pulled out all of the stops and showed where several of the organs on the left side of her body had been replaced by machines. Her enthusiasm for the subject was obvious and she didn’t get the opportunity the brag and talk about it to someone who understood the science. “At the moment I’m attempting to research the magical barrier we are entrapped in. So far I’ve attempted to scan the energy signatures of the enchantments on this place. Unfortunately, while I am well versed in the extraordinary subject of magitech, pure ethrano magic and the formulas of pure spell work is a rather new subject for me, one I have only been researching for the past few months. I have so far gotten some data and magical readings but without a magic code index I can only guess half of what the code of magical runes and glyphs my readings received means. We may be in some sort of pocket dimension accessed unknowingly when walking through the front door, not unlike Fiore’s Wakusei Portals, which has its own natural magic rules which explained why teleportation isn’t possible. Or it could just be layers and layers of magical barriers and spells that creates the guise of them being in another dimension, not unlike the letters we received. At the very least I can confirm magitech is not involved, but not much else.” The cyborg rambled away, happy to talk about such things. While talking she brought up a hologram from her arm with the readings she received from her scans on it. It was a mixture of mathematical formulas, magical runes, and glyphs one would normally see under a mage when they cast a spell. There was a lot of data, some of it still coming in. “From the way Shirokawa described the mental spell that encouraged us to come here and the readings, I’m starting to lean towards the layered spell but still with a good bet on the portal theory. Most likely it’s a mix of both. Either way, to lock and stump so many mages, some very powerful, makes this Night lady or whatever a definite force to be reckoned with.” Grema finishes off with a serious look, eyes locked on her holographic screen. Maybe she should just as the godly level mages to start firing powerful spells at the door or pumpkin. Aw, that probably wouldn’t work. “What do you two think?” Grema asked, remembering she was actually in a conversation with other people and they possibly had opinions as well.

WC: 913
    Total: 2405
    Tickets: 4

@Itori
    @Sol

CANDY CORN GALA • sitewide social gathering - Page 4 GOuA0G4

CANDY CORN GALA • sitewide social gathering - Page 4 AARluFl

Grema's Social Theme:

Grema's Battle Theme:
    Kiru
    Kiru

Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Rising Star- Demon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- A-Rank- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Novice [250]- Summer Special Participant- Player 
    Lineage : Warrior's Heart
    Experience : 9,687.5

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Ocean Demon Slaying Magic
    Third Magic:

Post by Kiru 20th October 2017, 7:18 pm

Kiru's expression stayed the same as she stared at Astrid. Even though her face said otherwise, Kiru was somewhat intrigued in what exactly she was doing. She had noticed that when she had bumped into Astrid, she did not react right away. Instead it took the elf several seconds before the force of gravitiy finally knocked her out of whatever trance she had been stuck in. With that, she had turned to Kiru and dismissed the incident, claiming that it was fine. Before Astrid could say anything else, however, a new arrival entered the conversation... And Kiru could smell the cannabis from a mile away.

"I don't believe we've met before. Kiru." The demon slayer said promptly to the new girl, who like Kiru shared missmatched hairstyle. Weather it was natural or not was unknown to the water mage. But her eyes were also different colors. Odd. A rare condition indeed, even among magic. However, that wasn't the only thing about Erika's eyes that grabbed Kiru's attention. It was the fact they had been bloodshot. Combined with the odd physical appearance to her oculars, and the strange demeanor not seen among typical folk, Kiru could conclude that this woman was indeed under the influence of some sort of cannabis. When she offered to 'smoke' one with Kiru, she waved her hand dismissively. "I do not partake in the inhalation of cannabis smoke." She stated simply. The action that the stone woman would instigate next was equally as strange. She proceeded to smack Astrid's butt, which caused a large amount of angry yelling to emanate from the girl. Needless to say, based on Kiru's observation, she was not a fan of. During their interactions, Kiru simply stood there and stared at them, before carefully looking around the room as her interest turned back to their current situation that everyone had once again began to ignore. She was about to walk away and continue her search for answers when yet two more woman joined the scene.

Jiyu and Ayianna. At first, Kiru was taken back a bit by Jiyu's sudden entrance. The last time they interacted, she was still deathly afraid of wandering anywhere NEAR Kiru. Now she seemed completely composed and relaxed around her. Strange. Something must've changed in the girl concerning her fear of demon slayers. Maybe she had finally gotten over it. Aiyanna on the other hand Kiru did not know. Her scent and appearance was all new to the demon slayer. She appeared to be a kitsune, and the powerful aura around her told Kiru she was in fact a skilled mage. She also seemed to know everyone else. Sensing another conversation to spark between the four other girls Kiru nodded towards Astrid. "If you'll excuse me. I'll continue trying to figure out what this Regent has in store for us, and if there is any way we can prepare for it." With that, Kiru walked passed Astrid and Jiyu, staring at her sharply for a moment to see if she would react to Kiru in a similar way she had before. With that, the twin haired girl would move away from the group and walk more towards the center of the room. Watching and sensing...

1077 Words.
    2 Tickets.

CANDY CORN GALA • sitewide social gathering - Page 4 2f730cc21c

Takumi Yoshino
    Takumi Yoshino

Guardian of Storms

Guardian of Storms

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Sticking Around- Loyal to the Bone- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Player 
    Lineage : Blessing of the Gods
    Guild : Fairy Tail
    Mentor : Iris, Goddess of Rainbows
    Experience : 675

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Infinite Ice
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Takumi Yoshino 20th October 2017, 9:12 pm

Takumi was lost in his own little world with Wist, at least for the moment. He smiled at the gentle way Wist was treating him, it was refreshing compared to the rowdiness of Fairy Tail, or the rough way his own adoptive sister, Chiyo, treated him. Especially considering his current condition, and the children growing inside of him. He looked up from Wist's shoulder, the blush still fairly obvious on his face, though he didn't care. "Wist, am I a bad boyfriend? I keep having thoughts about you even though I'm with Liam..." He whispered, too low for Coal and the Pumpkin King to hear. Wist's eyes went wide at that, a huge blush appearing on his own face once more. He didn't know what to say for a moment, but then he thought, and got it.

"Takumi, you aren't a bad boyfriend. He hasn't made any effort to see you in nearly two months, even though you're having his children. If Anything, you don't deserve to have somebody like him, you deserve so much better, okay?" Said the shapeshifter, his gaze gentle as he looked at Takumi. He cupped the man's chin, drawing him in and pressing a slow kiss to the corner of his mouth. His green eyes were closed, and then he pulled away and opened his eyes. "If you'll let me, I want to be the one who's here for you, I want to be with you, want to support you and the children you're carrying." He said, all the while giving Takumi the gentlest expression Takumi had ever seen him make. Takumi's eyes began to water at this, the hormones getting to him as he threw his arms around his companion.

"I was so scared I'd end up losing both of you... I love you, idiot, don't ever leave me!" He exclaimed, before kissing Wist again, this kiss anything but slow or gentle. He wanted to show Wist he was serious, and he was certainly getting a reaction. Wist kissed Takumi back, until they had to pull away for air, panting. "As much as I would love to continue this, Takumi, we are trapped here." Wist pointed out, which made Takumi pout a bit. "Fine, should we go say hi to anybody else?"

WC: 379
    TWC: 885
    Tickets: 1

Chili Thompson
    Chili Thompson

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Haiku Contest Participant- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Player 
    Lineage : Reality Displacement
    Guild : None
    Cosmic Coins : 50
    Experience : 5,675

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Elemental Arsenal
    Third Magic:

Post by Chili Thompson 21st October 2017, 3:42 am

Chili wasn't entirely sure where or what inn he had been staying at when he received the letter all he knew is that it had just appeared there on his desk atop his notebooks, his window was open, and oddly enough he could've sworn he heard the flapping of wings take off as he approached to close said window. A weird mixture of interest and cation settled into his stomach as held the letter up to the light trying to read it through the envelope. He was unable to so he set it back down on his desk deciding he could wait fifteen minutes before he opened so he could at least change into clothes that were not ripped and eat something just in case the whoever sent the letter request he go somewhere. After a quick rinse Chili dressed in his normal attire of a silk red collared dress shirt, a tactically made blazer, suit pants along with a reliable belt and finally his black gentleman shoes. He quickly had a few bowls of leftover potato salad from the day before, finally opening the letter. As he read over the short text inviting him to a gala, though that wasn't all, he could feel it the moment he opened the envelope as a sense to obey and go to the invitations location took hold of him. It was subtle, not full-on mind control however it was a close second maybe third seeing as he was able to at least pack up his books and take his pack with him before leaving.

As he looked at the building he was about to enter he couldn't help as he cocked his head to the side it seemed so none suspicious yet he still had that feeling in his stomach, Chili opted to seek out a side entrance as to not draw too much attention to himself, still slightly ponder what may be the influence behind such an event. Now inside the building Chili was able to see he had arrived a little late to the party it seemed. A good sized group of mages had amassed and were mingling, eating, and enjoying themselves. Part of him wanted to introduce himself to some of the more interesting looking members of the party. The other part was not really sure why he was here, all he knew was that the invitation had brought him. So he chose to avoid contact with most of the party goers as he managed to stay on the outer edge of everything and managed to find an empty table for him to sit at. Now thoroughly stationary Chili started to comb over the room.
    "A stage with instruments being played by an invisible small orchestra, the melody of which sounds hauntingly beautiful to me. The way the candlelit chandelier swung lightly as the flames seem to flicker and sway looking as if they are dancing. Along with the happy banter and comradery of the attendees, the atmosphere is light yet it feels ominous." Chili thought to himself taking in his current surroundings. He decided to lean his back against the back of his chair the best he could as he set his pack next to him and closed his eyes deciding to tune out the chatter and focus on listening to the music as he let his thoughts wander over every speculation that was coming to his mind. He could slightly sense the invisible beings among the room, though the energy of the wizards who inhabit it was quite strong, however.

He was unsure of how long he was sitting there with his eyes closed when he heard the music halt. Opening his eyes, Chili was surprised that he was not that surprised to see a fireball appear on the stage that the instruments had been upon, growing until it became the size of a head before flickering and extinguishing. In its place was now a rather large jack-o-lantern with glowing menacing eyes, a ragged looking fur cloak, and vines tipped with scythes for arms. It gave its speech, and when it got to the end, Chili couldn't help but smirk. "Huh, strange letter, weird gala, a gathering of mages, a host only known as the Regent of the Night, and she has an, I want to say pumpkin butler with sickles for hands. I'm kinda excited to see where the evening goes." He commented in his mind. Chili was surprisingly calm with the sudden turn despite his short time traveling Fiore he had seen a good amount of things and this was not even the close to the top of his list. Well, at least now his questions were starting to get answered though he wasn't sure if he should be happy to be trapped in this building with what was starting to appear to be a menacing plot. People don't put a place on full lockdown to play nice.

There was nothing he could do about it now so he decided to take pumpkin head's advice and went to get up, making sure to secure his pack back over his shoulder. He walked over to one of the drink tables near a few people, Chili grabbed what he was sure was punch if it was spiked he didn't know and didn't really care. After gulping down half of his first glass, Chili grabbed a second one for to drink once he was through with the current. He figured it was best he mingles a little before things really kicked off, however, he didn't really see any faces that he was familiar with though he had always been up to meeting new people. Though now that the thought was in his head he had never really had an idea of how parties went really, though he was pretty sure this was not routine. Making his way towards a more populated area he decided to be confident and make a few acquaintances with the mages in the room. Not sure where to start really some people in the room appeared to know one another while others were doing as he had, taking to the outer ring of the crowd. Not sure where to start he chose to just choose a table that looked populated and see where things went.

Word Count: 1047
    Tickets: 2

Last edited by Chili Thompson on 21st October 2017, 10:22 am; edited 2 times in total

Chili Thompson
    Primary Magic
    Bank
    Theme
    Chilling Under the Stars Theme
    Lester Drynedi
    Lester Drynedi

Gentleman florist

Gentleman florist

Player 
    Dungeon Tokens : 1

Character Sheet
    First Magic:
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Lester Drynedi 21st October 2017, 6:00 am

Lester Drynedi D Rank Guildless

He had been a little shocked as he strolled into the room, the breathless mutter escaped him.  "Spectacular design" As a fine young man aged 16 he looked a little older, and he had appreciated the skilled design of the building. From the chairs and the decor to the presented consumables everything seemed perfected, as if someone had placed each individual sweet in a bowl so it had the intended effect of luring one in. Exterior wise it had enchanted him, he had arrived a little late, although prior to the appearance of the pumpkin king, due to had spend much time outside. he had wandered around the building, the walls the roof, every placement of the window, it all felt like he had been an insect being dragged into the sweet scented trap of a pitcher plant. But that had not stopped his rough palms when they had opened the entrance.  What a thing to had been brought by, such a simple invitation had dragged Lester to this place. Esteemed magician was not something he considered to be associated with his name. Formal wear too? It had been said in the invitation however the outfits he had seen were ranged. Stood to the side in a simplistic suit he had been lured in indeed, the dark hued material confronted him, it had felt soft when he brushed the simple green blazer clean of moth balls earlier. The coat hook ignored his neck had remained pleasantly heated.  

Lester had known that this would be an opportunity, and he had planned to fulfill his desires tonight, it had to wait though.  
    People had swarmed, various figures dashed into shadows whilst others had claimed chairs. As he watched and waited the florist couldn't help but relax, everyone seemed normal, communicated normally, consumed goods and ducked conversations, he himself had casually lent against a wall and stroked the pastel green scarf that laid around his neck. Aye it had been a contrast of the dress code, the youth had realized that throughout his time spent getting ready. A dark green suit and tie with the pastel scarf, not even a butcher would have called it formal. However the scarf would not ever be removed from his personage without a spectacular reason. And so it had stayed.  

His fingers had frozen latched onto his scarf, candles flickering, had they been doing it the whole time? No. Seconds had passed before a display which interested him deeply had taken place, the fireball added to the evenings display craftsmanship, but the facials that pumpkin held had concerned a great many in the crowd. Lester had thought more deeply about this pumpkin being though. The branched pumpkin had been a matter of interest indeed, similar to if one discovered a new continent, did this pumpkin grow up in an environment where they were loved, or educated, were they created with a set personality? But that had gone for every single individual in the room, who were they, how had they been thinking, what had they experienced. They were the questions left embedded in his mind after the pumpkin king's solo had finished onstage.  

Being told to enjoy one's self caused a buds of caution to flower. The flower of concern and doubt has grown stronger as he had been told about the situation around those who might try to exit. Placed to the side the flower had been a reminder of the perilous world he had been living in, might any moment have been his last.
    Singled out the glass of ginger ale and vermouth had waited on the buffet table. The lemon had looked simply ravishing. Well it soon had been acquired, the thyme heavy drink took the edge off his flowers of doubt, the night had started. many stood around him, he had been just a pale forest clothed figure in a sea washed of colored cloth, Lester decided it was time to start as he hunted. What interesting things had these citizens hidden under their jackets and coats, what had made them trick and brought them to find a place in the world.  

On the odd thought this might have turned into a fight he had been prepared to flee, now that had been forcibly removed by Mr. pumpkin of interest, the reason to stay in the shadows had gone. The scarf weighted down, it had reminded him of a great many things, he was still here. Still alive he stood whole and healthy with a glass of low alcohol in one hand. The night wasn't over, many highly ranked individuals had turned up, any many interesting ideas had surfaced as well. The tabled moved further away as he stepped towards the center of the room, singled out there strolled one whom may have known something, even if she had not then Lester figured there was little to lose.  

"Excuse me, miss." To the side of Kiru's path Lester had stood, not quite calm or tipsy enough to be relaxed the shoulders of the young lad had stiffened. His first proper social event with other mages and he hadn't a clue what the conventional etiquette had been expected of him. "I'm not too sure myself however, do you have much knowledge on the current.. well the current situation? "  His voice lacked age as always, he felt almost childish as he had to ask another for more information about a pumpkin. Was he not a gardener and florist?

Word Count:  916 1 ticket
    OOC:
    Notes: edited for template, sorry about that!
    private message me for plots

Template (c) Izayuki
    Kiru
    Kiru

Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Rising Star- Demon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- A-Rank- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Novice [250]- Summer Special Participant- Player 
    Lineage : Warrior's Heart
    Experience : 9,687.5

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Ocean Demon Slaying Magic
    Third Magic:

Post by Kiru 21st October 2017, 11:41 am

As the party continued without event, the twin haired girl would continue to gaze around. Looking for anything else unusual as she conversed the gala room. Strange as the events may seem, she felt nothing else. Not now at least. People seemed to go about their business not paying much mind to the current situation, which frankly worried Kiru. To think that all these people in here were obviously stuck in the threads of someone else's plan. Completely at their mercy. And nobody seemed to care. If she could show emotion, Kiru would scoff at their foolishness. Was she really the only one willing to figure out what was really happening? What the price would be for their ignorance? Guess that was a side effect of the way her brain was wired. She cared little for the entertainment the gala provided to the others. She only focused on the trap, and what exactly it would set off. However, the fact remained that there was still likely nothing the demon slayer could do about the current predicament. That may have been quite possibly the reason as to why so many others appeared not to even notice. Maybe they all sensed it too, and were steps ahead of Kiru. Determining that there was, in fact, nothing to be done. Those thoughts alone could be enough to explain the casual, and calm behavior reflected among her fellow wizards. Even if that was true, however, it would not deter the demon slayer from her current quest. She wouldn't accept the fate thrust upon her and every other person in this room. She would do everything in her power to figure out how to stop any forms of impending doom... Or at the very least prepare for it.

All her thinking was interrupted though, by the sound of a rather young voice addressing the girl from her side. Sensing this voice was in fact being directed towards her, Kiru would halt her advance briefly and turn her cyan optics towards the younger man. His appearance and voice were all new to her. He seemed quite composed, but with enough tone in his voice to regulate concern. Kiru was relieved to find out at least one other person felt the need to show a little much needed caution in this situation. Well, enough to even bother asking about it at least. "That is what I am attempting to figure out. It appears this 'Pumpkin Lord' or his master has entrapped everyone here with a magical barrier. It would be ill advised to attempt an escape just yet. I fear such action would lead to... Negative side effects." Kiru would state rather bluntly in her normal monotone voice towards the man. She had no problem being perfectly honest on their current standing point. After all, she believed the more who knew the better their chances for whatever came next...

1560 Words.
    3 Tickets.

CANDY CORN GALA • sitewide social gathering - Page 4 2f730cc21c

Chili Thompson
    Chili Thompson

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Haiku Contest Participant- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Post by Chili Thompson 21st October 2017, 12:53 pm

His face remained indifferent as he had a slice of what appeared to be cherry pie. Chili would have been lying if he said that it wasn't good. Now that he had a semblance of what was going on he was finally allowing himself to relax since he arrived. Still, he needed to figure out something, turning about ninety degrees he absentmindedly set his empty dish aside and casually walked over to the windows with his hands firmly in his pockets. Looking outside he couldn't make out much even with his enhanced sight it was almost as if the windows were tinted on both sides. A small smirk spread across his face, there was definitely magic holding them shut and strongly at that. The pumpkin had said they were trapped, however, Chili still couldn't help to check for himself. The small stupid grin was still on his face as he walked the outer wall of the room, looking for even the smallest gap in the lockdown magic. After a few moments of wasted time trying to find a way out of a place he already knew he wasn't going to be able to escape. This Regent lady really had them in the palm of her hand, hell if she chose to blow up the whole damn building with them all in it she could. Though he was also fairly certain that a good chunk of those in here could survive such a thing, which meant she was probably going to have to be creative in whatever way she decided to try trapping them. Weirdly enough that train of thought led him to wonder how big of a pie he could make with the floating jack-o-lantern, though once he considered it, Chili couldn't help but chuckle to himself a little as he realized that the thing was probably mostly hollowed out and wouldn't really make the best pie besides who knows what a minion who just happens to be a pumpkin taste like for all he knew it could end up tasting like squash.

"Summer squash pie did sound really good though now that I think about it" Chili smiled to himself he had gotten off track a little. He had contemplated starting up a conversation with one of the many mages, though he was calm and collected with the fact that there was a ninety-nine percent chance there was a way out, Chili was still unable to beat out the urge to wander from room to room investigating them as carefully as he could. The sound of the party continuing was drowned out as he went into detective mode. Looking for a kink in the lockdown, a hidden doorway that you need to pull some sorta secret lever for, or even a picture that seemed to move as it watched you. Anything that could give him an answer or at least an idea of whom this Regent of the Night gal was, well besides the obvious fact that she appeared powerful enough get them all in here like rats on a very slowly sinking ship.

Not sure what room he was in when he decided to stop searching and decided that there was in fact really nothing he could do but to wait until the hostess showed up, Chili let out a slightly bored huff as he removed the pack off his shoulder so he could lean against the wall he was near. It was slightly aggravating, he had spent most of his life training, traveling, and fighting. Parties were down on the list of things he never really attended they were a nice change of pace he would admit. Though to someone who may have what bordered on being an addiction to adventure, danger, and violence they seemed to get a little dull. Boredom set in and along with the mystery looming over his head now, Chili began to get a little antsy with anticipation for something to happen or do. So he chose to open his pack with a silent zip noise and took out the notebook that his pencil was hooked to. Flipping to an unused blank page, Chili let the flame above his head which he had dimmed to the point of invisibility appear to give him a little light in the shadows of the room. He dated it and began to write down the day's events making sure to take notes on everything that seemed important, completely drifting into his own thoughts as he sketched the appearance of the entire place down to the small details of the candlesticks trying to simply keep himself busy as he waited for something happen.

Word Count: 747
    Total Word Count: 1794
    Tickets: 3

Chili Thompson
    Primary Magic
    Bank
    Theme
    Aura
    Aura

Moderator- Mythical VIP Status- Knight VIP Status- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Dragon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- Haiku Contest Participant- Lineage Making Contest Participant- Rich- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 3rd Place Event/Contest Winner- Player 
    Lineage : Gingerbread Man
    Guild : Sabertooth 《Guildmaster》
    Cosmic Coins : 400
    Experience : 60,342

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Fires of Creation
    Second Magic: The Riyenas
    Third Magic:

Post by Aura 21st October 2017, 4:48 pm

Kitalpha had walked in casually, even though the dress she wore had been a one of a kind; much too glossy for her taste, yet fitting so well it almost felt like a second skin. A crimson dress as vibrant as freshly-spilled blood, soft as velvet and light to wear, underneath it a second layer consisting of a laced underskirt with frills underneath that accentuated the red upper layer. The top of the dress wrapped around her bust and had a rather daring low cut on her back, connecting only an inch or two above her tailbone and was decorated with a jeweled lace ribbon. Bracelets around both her wrists and her left upper arm finished the picture alongside a simple hair ornament and a diamond choker around her slender neck. Like most other females invited and currently residing within the room she was a sight for sore eyes… but looks deceived here, for her personality was all but as gentle and pure as her appearances showed. Ezra too looked devilishly hot beside her, and chaperoned her well down the crowds, probably more to keep her from looking for a fight with any of the guests than anything else. A soft growl escaped the blonde mage’s lips as she took a sip of the alcoholic punch, greatly disappointed in the lack of actual alcoholic beverages in the room, and keenly scanned the room for anyone else as she noted her complaints to her older brother. ”Ezra… if this is such an important gathering, why isn’t there any wine? I mean, this is the capital after all, so how hard would it be to get a few dozen bottles out? It’s just down the street if so to speak… or get them illegally for all I care! Just get me some damned wine already.” The last sentence came out as a muffled whisper when a waiter passed them by somewhat too close to her own liking. She didn’t feel for any eavesdroppers, especially not when having been made clear she was not allowed to cause any ruckus over her new favorite pastime drink.

After all, the reason she and Ezra had actually met up again was due to her favoritism towards wine, and her easily-agitated personality when someone dared waste good food or drink. Having been sent to Crocus for a new shipment of wine in need of tasting, a new job she acquired after having tasted the wines back at a famous restaurant in Rose Garden successfully, the blonde had given herself the liberty of actually going around the capital for her own pleasure and had bumped upon a salesman who’d put several samples of fine wine in direct sunlight. It’d ruined the taste of the samples, and was well on its way of doing the same with the other bottles he’d stashed under the table. Kitalpha in all her seriousness had put the matter forward to the vendor, only to explode in anger when met with resistance from the man. She was halfway over the table when Ezra’s firm hand had pulled her off the table and issued her to calm down. Poutingly she’d obliged to her older brother’s wishes, as he was the only one having actual authority over her wild behavior. Even here on this ball she’d not been making a fuss about it due to his presence. She didn’t mind losing face, but had the decency not to involve her brother in the matter if it wasn’t truly necessary. And although she found wine important, a necessity it was not… sadly. So instead she sipped from her begrudgingly disappointing punch and stared at the magnificent jeweled chandelier, wondering how much exactly she could sell it for if it were up for grabs. People had been acquainting themselves with one another in the crowds; she thought she spotted an elf somewhere, convinced herself she was daydreaming when some women flicked their tails around or moved their animal ears…? Kitalpha sighed and looked at her glass, frowning deeply. ”Methinks someone drugged this punch, because I’m seeing some weird shit right here brother. Reaaaaally weird-" At that moment the chandelier flickered softly, and gradually more violently as well until it darkened entirely. The floating golden instruments stopped playing as a massive fireball erupted in their midst, only to transform and make way for an overgrown pumpkin with vines for arms. It would’ve been comical in any other situation, but she wasn’t really in the mood to laugh, let alone be scared. So when the oversized soup ingredient introduced himself as Sir Yaqtin, Lord of Pumpkins and servant of his lady, whomever that may be, she sighed and rolled her head back. ”Ooooof course… what’s next? Gonna get some teambuilding done and make pumpkin soup?” She muttered more to herself than anyone else. Yaqtin in the meanwhile explained them to not panic and enjoy the food and beverages present, and to not try escaping in any means if they weren’t ready to feel the consequences of doing so. The blonde cursed underneath her breath and threw her glass behind her, hearing it fall to its demise somewhere behind the table she was leaning against. ”Nope. If the pumpkin says to enjoy it I bet there must be something in it. If it were wine I’d be up for the risk, but this isn’t worth it… and I dunno about the food, but if you dare feed me some and it actually tastes like rubbish I am gonna trash the place. Magically protected or not.” Kitalpha noted, crossing her arms like a stubborn child would after not being allowed a cookie before dinner. Whatever was ahead of them, she would get through it. For wine’s sake. And maybe Ezra’s. And maybe… perhaps she might’ve been getting slightly drunk by now, as despite her own dislike of the punch, it had not stopped her from emptying glass after glass in a rather dangerously short amount of time. "But you know, nothing to be worried about." Kitalpha thought to herself.
    Onky really violent people would be a probem when drunk, and she had Ezra to keep her out of trouble. Unless he too was getting drunk. "Say Ezra... what do you think about this giant Kumquat fella trying to tell us he's a pumkin and servant of that Nightgown Lady?" She asked casually, quite certain that whatever she'd just babbled had actually made sense. Yet despite her mind not giving her the right words, her body still reacted perfectly clear if it was needed; her body language by no means indicating she was getting intoxicated.

Wordcount: 1103
    Tickets - 2

And be she but Small,
    she is Fierce

CANDY CORN GALA • sitewide social gathering - Page 4 GWsGXSQ

.:} The Road of Desire |Fire Dragon Slayer | Kenna Terrynhain {:.
    .:} The Nightmare in Your Head | Avide - Combat Pet {:.

D~4 ||C~4 ||B~2 ||A~ ||S~

Slots: 4/6

DOPPO
    DOPPO

Coeval Titanic

Coeval Titanic

Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- A-Rank- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Join A Faction!- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : Aspect of Terra
    Guild : Rune Knights
    Mentor : N/A
    Experience : 2,243,068

Character Sheet
    First Magic: [Second Generation] Ice Dragon Slayer Magic
    Second Magic: - - -
    Third Magic:

Post by DOPPO 21st October 2017, 5:25 pm

It had been a rather normal day for Ezra Aurence, nothing out of the ordinary for a wizard. The raven haired brute started his day off with his usual hundred sets of push-ups, sit-ups, and squats. It was no surprise he had been so fit and so toned when he spent his mornings doing large amounts of exercising and spent the rest of his day moving. With his heritage, muscle was easy to build and hard to get rid of, leaving him free to snack the day away while retaining his six-pack and biceps. Regardless of his knowledge of his physical advantage, he still worked hard to fit in his morning exercises each day.

After his morning exercises, Ezra would shower, clean himself, shave (as he did tend to grow more facial hair than he presented, and stuck with his small but iconic beard) and get dressed. His attire usually consisted of tank tops, light jackets, long pants, things of that nature. Often times, Ezra would wear most anything that revealed his chest or was short sleeved, not to silently boast about his strength, but more so to have more air circulate around his body. Surprisingly enough, despite being an ice dragon slayer, Ezra made extensive efforts to keep cool and disliked the feeling of all his skin being encased within some sort of top. Despite coming off as a drunken ruffian, Ezra did pay close attention to his hygiene and fitness. That being said, he did not pay close attention to his nutrition. His diet consisted mostly of meat and alcohol, and he seemed to be completely healthy. He hasn't had a balanced diet since he lived back home, where he had no choice but to eat and drink what was provided. Despite he and his people being a "pack" of werewolves, it had seemed that everyone else except the older men and women had sensible ideas for a balanced diet. Fortunately, he and the older fellers got along well. Well, some. Some were just cranky, violent old men and women. Strength came with age, where he came from. Literally. You did not mess with the seniors.

Next, Ezra would consume his breakfast, which usually consisted of coffee and eggs, and would also feed the stray cats that lived nearby. He knew them well enough to know which ones to expect and some of their behaviors, but not enough to name them. So instead, he would call them by the color of their fur and any markings that they had. They seemed to respond to it, which sort of bummed Ezra. He was hoping to have named them and for them to have adapted to those names before they got used to the ones he called them now. He guessed he would have to stick with them as much as they had to.

Back at Magnolia, Ezra prided himself in being a hard-working man who did his best to support the common man, and his face had been recognized by said commonfolk at local markets and buildings. As much as a ruffian he was, he was also kind and thoughtful. Violence plus kindness... all things needed by any wizard.

After this, Ezra's day as a wizard began. He would start off his day by solving various, smaller problems around the town. Help fix broken buildings, deliver packages, put up signs, sell things. Normal things. Later on in the same day, Ezra would do things way more extravagant. Like saving hostages from a robbed banked, debunk ransoms, saved men and women from burning buildings. You know, normal afternoon for wizards. Nothing too extraordinary.

This would continue for the remainder of the day, when the sun was out and it's light illuminated the town. It was the smaller jobs like these that got him by after taking a break from the stress and danger of higher ranking jobs like A-ranks and S-ranks. He lived an exciting life, but needed some downtime. It was a good way to relieve stress and rebuild his motivation to go back out and solve the bigger problems again.

Now, normally, by the end of the day and the start of dusk, Ezra would be heading to the bars or back home, and happened to be doing just one of those things. Heading back home... to get dressed to go to a bar.  And then a Gala.

Earlier today, Ezra had received a letter of fine paper and a wax stamp sealing it, with some strange, suspicious crest woven in the red wax. When he opened its contents, it read about a gala of some sort. Typically, Ezra would not be interested in such events on a day of work. But throughout his afternoon, he simply could not banish the thoughts of attending that Gala, and soon succumbed to it's bizarre but irresistible propositions. Soon after he returned from the bar, he found himself in his best suit and ready to go partying.

Ezra and his little sister would stroll into the banquet wearing their best clothing. If their late arrival didn't stand out already, their charming looks sure did. Kitalpha's long, blonde hair and dazzling dress combined with Ezra's iconic, sharp face and black-as-night suit, the duo certainly made an entrance without even doing much of anything besides making an entrance.

Frankly, it was less a night of partying and more a night of chaperoning as Kita would soon grow cranky of the beverages proposed here. Ezra rubbed the nape of his neck and grumbled, "These folks ain't of wine, I reckon. Any good party knows how to quench their guests, aye." To be frank, Ezra was really only saying what Kita wanted to hear, as he wasn't much of a wine person, and indulged in heavier alcohols, such as vodka and hard booze. There was some kinds of alcohols that were unregulated and off the grid, he had to buy them illegally. The Aurences were people of alcohol, and although the siblings had differences in their consumption of alcohol, they would always band together to advocate for it's important role it plays in society. Or in their diets. He actually never sat down and talked about their specific preferences with alcohol with Kita before, and made statements based on his presumptions.

By this point, Kita had been been approaching intoxication and Ezra was ninety-percent sure that she was drugged. He wasn't really sure what she drank either. . . he didn't actually know what they were making them drink. "I don't give a rats' ass if e'ery drink here is poison. I'm drinking it. And so 'er you. We can hold our liquor, or whatever they put in there. . . I think. It'll be a nice challenge, Big Mama." Ezra cackled as he spoke in his usual vulgar, slurred speech. Unlike Kitalpha, Ezra spoke illiterately and sounded like a typical countryman who didn't know better, when in fact, he was very intelligent and could speak in perfect English when he needed to. Call it lazy. . . or genius?

With that, Ezra snatched the nearest shot glass and gulped it down until a foam residue made a thin, watery mustache across his upper lip. "'Yer gonna kill yourself one day,
    Kita. Drinking all that... that in a that short amount of time. I respect 'ya too much to let you stop."
    Ezra cackled again, "Drink then eat. Then drink some more."

Ezra had confidence that he was capable of supervising his sister while drinking heavily himself. He's only gotten drunk three times in his lifetime, and was after drinking astronomical amounts of beer. He had a monstrously high tolerance. While Kita would drink more and more throughout the party, Ezra drank twice as much and became drunk together at relatively the same rate. But even then, he was sober enough to be the "designated driver" should they leave early.

"Well I'unno. I think that Pumpkin feller ought to take his mask off. 'Less, he really is a Pumpkin Man and by doing that, he'd be 'severin his own head. I don't need nothing to tell me that that's morbid. As fer the lady? Probably a murderer. Definitely a murderer." Ezra jested. Really, he just wanted to put weird thoughts in Kita's head. They didn't see each other enough to toy with the other when drunk.

WC: 1,392
    Tickets: 2

Last edited by Ezra Aurence on 22nd October 2017, 6:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

The Pumpkin Lord
    The Pumpkin Lord

Player 

Post by The Pumpkin Lord 21st October 2017, 5:51 pm

NIGHT OF ETERNAL DARKNESS

The time had come. It was almost midnight, and the party was only just beginning.

Once again, the candles in the chandelier would flicker, but this time, they would go completely out. The ballroom was coated in darkness, and before too many seconds had passed, a creaking noise could be heard, along with the gentle sway of metal in the air.
    Another few seconds, and there was an earsplitting SNAP!

Followed by a deafening crash!
    And a number of screams of agony and terror.

The chandelier had fallen.

In the dark, those caught up under it were either injured or killed. The lucky ones on the outskirts survived, and a few speedy mages had noticed it falling and had moved away or pulled people along with them. However, nobody could keep the chandelier from falling. The setting was not able to be edited in any way, after all. The Lady had ensured that nobody could dent her well shaped plans.

As if the setting were not dark enough already from the absence of light, the room appeared to grow even darker as a thick smog of darkness settled down. All around the people, it would feel as if there were a haunting presence right next to them. If they turned to it, however, it would appear behind them, and remain unseen, no matter how hard they tried.

"Greetings, Magicians of Earthland," a feminine voice spoke, clear and boldly, yet to some it would seem as if there was nothing but a light whisper from behind. "I am the Regent of the Night. You have been invited here for a reason-- to aid me in my task. We are no longer in your realm; if you venture outside the doors of this ballroom, you will be in a different world entirely; the World of Eternal Darkness. It is my job to guide this world to yours, and to bring about the Night of Eternal Darkness."

The voice paused, and as it did so, the doors and windows slowly began to creak open. The proof of this could be felt by the sudden chilling breeze to pass through the room. "In order for my mission to be successful, I require the Mystical 'Candies' of the Evening Sprites of this world. You all must go out and bring me these. If you bring me enough, I will handsomely reward you all. I will return life to the people killed under the chandelier, and will give you the currency of your world. Along with this, I will also grant you one wish, if it is within my power. Running away or failure to gather enough of the Sprite's treasured candies will result in punishment. I will keep you in my world, and lay you down in an everlasting slumber. From there, the nightmares to follow will slowly but surely destroy your spirit. You have the option to choose. Choose wisely."

Slowly, the darkness began to lift and gather itself above the fallen chandelier. It took the silhouette of a girl wearing a tattered victorian style dress.
    "Before you go, I have a gift to bestow to aid you all in fighting the creatures of this world," she said. At that moment, a little candy would begin to form within the pockets, purses, or the palms of each person still alive; one candy per mage. "Eating this will give you more power; use it whenever you like, in your time of need. Now... go~"

As quickly as she came, the Regent of the Night left. The candles were instantaneously lit again, and the chandelier was no longer on the floor. The people who had been crushed and killed had vanished, leaving only the living. The way was now open.

The party had ended.

1x Candy of the Night: Upon consumption, your speed and magic damage will be both increased by 25% for two posts. Once you have eaten the candy, you will not be given another. The taste is similar to licorice, only sweeter~
    To claim the consumable, you must make a post receiving it ICly.

To participate in Part 2 of the event, please go HERE.

After the response to receive your candy, wordcount no longer counts towards tickets.

Chili Thompson
    Chili Thompson

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Post by Chili Thompson 21st October 2017, 6:33 pm

Chili almost cursed when the lights went out completely, well all of them except for the bright as heck flame that was hanging in front of his face. Though it was more of the loud crash and screams that came from close to the center of the room that caught his attention as it seemed to get even darker somehow. Despite having a torch for a head Chili could barely make out anything in front of him. Swiftly securing his notebook and pencil into his pack before flinging it over his shoulder. He remained still as he quickly guessed what the load crash and screams were. The chandelier must have fallen on someone the attendees, though he was quickly taken from his thoughts when a voice spoke up. Sounding like a bold whisper behind him, Chili relaxed slightly as he listened carefully to what the Regent said. He was slightly concerned by the fact that she seemed to want to merge creepy wonderland world with the real one however as she finished explaining the task she had for him and the other mages here, Chili couldn't help but to nod his head and whisper softly in a sarcastic tone to the darkness, "As long as you keep your word I don't really care if you wanted me to collect you different parts of the skeletal system."
    Though his comment went unheard by anyone else, he couldn't help to cough a little as his flame seemed to almost be enveloped by the murky like shadow fog as it seemed to be trying its best to stump it out.
    Hearing the whispering continue from behind him, Chili smiled as he felt a small piece of candy appear in his pocket. So she was giving them a gift to help in the job she was sending them all on. She definitely was good at sending off different signals. First, crush a bunch of people with a large light fixture then give the remaining ones candy and send them on their way to go fight monsters. It all seemed ludicrous to him almost though as the darkness seemed to lift and the doors opened Chili was just happy to finally see that the night was going somewhere. Even if all hell broke loose he'd be fine all he needed to do was keep the smart ass smile he had on his face as he walked out of the building and into the World of Eternal Darkness.

Word Count: 400
    Total Word Count: 2193

Chili Thompson
    Primary Magic
    Bank
    Theme
    The Hustler
    The Hustler

Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Fan Art Contest Participant- Lineage Making Contest Participant- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Player 
    Lineage : Viktor's Descent
    Guild : Guildless
    Experience : 100

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Imperial Combat : Tactical Assault
    Third Magic:

Post by The Hustler 21st October 2017, 7:32 pm

Adalia started walking around some, looking for some people that might interest her, and while there were certainly very...  peculiar looking people, they either didn't look like they'd be interesting or looked too interesting, which would draw attention to them naturally, which, by extension, her, because she'd be interacting with them in some way or another.  Just as she found the first person that gave her even remote interest, however, the unexpected that she was expecting had happened - a loud crash occurred and darkness had now filled the room, a darkness so deep it felt almost as though it was trying to choke Adalia.  If she had to guess, the chandelier had fallen, which was later proven accurate because of what the feminine voice that soon after said.  Fortunately, she was never near the area where it actually fell, so she was completely safe from it.  She used her Blood vision to scan around the area where it had fallen; while she couldn't see the chandelier itself, she did see red, mangled body shaped figures, which would perfectly describe a victim.

This really wasn't a simple party as the letter made itself out to be.  Just before the lights went back on, she felt a presence right next to her that she couldn't see, even through her Blood vision, and wildly threw her arms out in order to try to strike it, to no avail.  When the lights were on, it was as though nothing had ever happened, except, now, the doors leading out of the gala were now open.  A candy mysteriously appeared in the air and fell into Adalia's hand; she quickly looked around and saw everyone else get one, too.  She didn't trust the voice she heard one bit, and so, decided it'd be best to stow away the candy for later, and so put it in her pocket.  There were a lot of questions forming in her mind, all of which wouldn't be answered anytime soon.  All Adalia knew is that she wasn't sure about aiding this...  creature, in bringing about "The Night of Eternal Darkness" as she put it.  All of this just reeked a very, very bad time.

Yet, there was nothing she could do.  Her power was so insignificant in the face of this being that she had almost no choice but to comply if she would ever want to get out of this realm of darkness; the consequences don't sound appealing in the slightest.  Adalia doubted that even the strongest mages among the crowd, whoever they may be, also can't really change the circumstances, and they too would have to play the little game this creature set out for them.  She was smart enough to bring her rifle and sword with her from the get-go, mostly because there was no place for her to store them in.  Her rifle was always strapped to her back, and she wore the sheathe of the sword on her left side; she brought the rifle to her hands, and slowly set out into the darkness.

OOC:
    Words this post - 509
    1033 words total
    2 tickets
    Obtained the Candy of the Night, hasn't consumed yet.

[/url]
    Akeya
    Akeya

Twilight Dragon

Twilight Dragon

Dragon VIP Status- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Dragon Slayer- Rich- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : Hic Sunt Dracones
    Faction : The Luminous Covenant
    Guild : Fairy Tail (Ace)
    Mentor : Whedalsin
    Experience : 1,093,688

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Twilight Dragon Magic
    Second Magic: Twilight Dragon Magic
    Third Magic: Twilight Dragon Magic

Post by Akeya 21st October 2017, 7:48 pm

Development, progress. The night was continuing, but where in some ways it was advancing smoothly in other ways it was standing still. People were talking, interacting, communicating, yet the most important information wasn't shared, because none of the participants had it. They didn't panic, oddly enough, instead continuing to act as before. They weren't wary, oddly enough, instead continuing to act as before. It was strange to see how people reacted to different situations. Where one might think that being trapped would immediately lead to panic and worry, seeing it happen here, in such a comfortable location, you saw how many only spared the fact little focus, as they were more busy with business more personal to them. Was it overconfidence? Was it the ability to accept what could not be changed? Was it because that what was more personal attracted their attention more? People were interesting phenomena, in some ways more interesting than magic. All creatures had a certain amount of unpredictability to them, some more, some less, but people, creatures who had become sentient enough to partake in civilization, were by far the hardest to read, because that same sentience came with an immense amount of complication. It was both frustrating and intriguing, and if the observer wasn't more interested in magic and what it could give them they might have decided to study people instead... At least, more than the observer already did, for the sake of survival and success.

However it then seemed that the time for waiting was up, as everything went dark. The first time it had merely been a threat, intimidation, the candles flickering and waving but not dying. This time it was full darkness, a situation in which the observer was most comfortable but most others wouldn't. Most others were creatures of the world of light, who reached out towards the sun and who revelled in vibrant colours. The observer wasn't such, ever since she had learned that for her the shadows and the darkness were more accommodating. However even in this comfortable darkness the observer knew that something was not right, and their worries were realized when they could sense movement. The chandelier was falling from high above, straight down towards mages were gathered. The observer didn't care for the value of their lives, but until she knew what was going on, and what would be the best way to deal with it, they were better off alive, both for their own sake and for the observer's.

The chandelier refused to budge, which was unfortunate. Heavy as it was if it wasn't guarded against interference keeping it from hitting anyone would have been easy. As it was, however, the observer would have to strain herself. This would have been cause for her to reconsider, but the host had been so kind as to give her a near limitless supply of nourishment with which to recover should she decide to use a lot of energy at once. And most fortunately not everyone should need saving: there were capable people here, people who'd get out of the way in time of their own volition, who would help others get away. Still, since there was so much food available she could afford to go into excess with her interference...

Those standing underneath the chandelier and who weren't already getting out of the way would feel themselves pulled, pushed, dragged aside by an invisible force in the darkness. Whatever it was that had grabbed them it seemed to grab their entire body at once and yank it away from the centre of the ballroom, away from what would quickly turn into a miniature disaster zone. Not everyone was pulled at the same time, but whatever force was at work here it was working quickly, trying to drag as many people away from the certain death zone as it could. Those that it did grab wouldn't necessarily be pulled out of the area where they'd still get hit by the collateral damage, but at the very least they shouldn't get killed.

Jiyu, on the other hand, got special treatment as instead of being pulled, dragged or yanked she was swallowed up in the darkness, only to reappear in one of the unused corners of the ballroom. The observer was aware that Jiyu was more frail than most, so she couldn't afford to risk inflicting severe damage to her and had to use a more intensive trick to get her to safety. And she had to be moved further than the others, since even being hit by shrapnel could still inflict large amounts of damage. Luckily the observer's little servant was also present, which did make matters a lot easier as the observer could leave Jiyu's safety to the servant while she continued to move everyone aside that she could move before the chandelier hit the ground.

Once the chandelier did crash into the floor the observer covered Jiyu with a large, scaled wing, to prevent any shrapnel from hitting her. They were out at the edges of the room, but the observer would rather not leave it up to chance. Once the disaster had run its course the observer finally materialized fully, Akeya standing next to Jiyu as she glared at the location of the chandelier. She wasn't able to save everyone, but she hoped that it would be enough that those who remained would be able to help her deal with the situation.

"You are all more use alive than dead." Was the only thing she said to Jiyu before their hostess appeared, demanding Akeya's attention as the explanation for tonight was given. It was an interesting ambition that the Regent of the Night had, and honestly if it was up to Akeya she wouldn't even have minded complying. She herself was a Shadow Dragon after all, a creature of shadow and darkness, so mixing this dark world with Earthland wouldn't even be an issue for her. It would cause trouble for others, however, and Akeya might need them in the future... That, and she wasn't sure that she wanted to live with this Regent in full control. For now she'd go along with this challenge of gathering candy for the Regen of the Night, but she'd have to see if she could find a way to sabotage it and still return to Earthland safely. Of all the people here she might survive the best in this dark world, since for her the darkness was comfort (she was even munching on some of the darkness to recover from grabbing and pulling so many people from the darkness as she listened to the Regent), but she still would rather not deal with the issues of the slumber that was promised as part of the punishment.

"Best to do this as quickly as possible." Akeya looked towards Jiyu after their hostess had departed and the candles were lit again. "Right now we're basically hostages or prisoners, and if we're in her world we don't have much choice but to do as she wishes. If I were you I'd gather your friends and work together to gather enough candy. The more of you survive the more beneficial it'll be." Akeya herself was planning to go off by herself, since in a world of darkness she would be in her element, especially with the candy that was given to her in case things did go south.

CANDY CORN GALA • sitewide social gathering - Page 4 Akeya2
    Between the Sun and the Moon, where it is neither Day nor Night, the Dragon of Twilight sleeps.

Character|Magic
    desirée
    desirée

Crystals

Crystals

Player 
    Guild : ☽ luminous rose guild mistress ☾
    Mentor : ☽ diamandis stellavera ☾
    Experience : 915,017

Character Sheet
    First Magic: ☽ blooms of chrysalis: crystal rose demon slayer ☾
    Second Magic: ☽ pink dominion ☾
    Third Magic: ☽ gemstone serpentine ☾

Post by desirée 21st October 2017, 8:53 pm

MAKE YOUR TRUE CRYSTALS RADIATE.
    Desirée Blooms
    wc: 5619
    tickets: 11

Desirée did not feel as though she had to make a huge ordeal in order to stay in the positive spotlight in the eyes of the fans, considering she felt like if her mistakes and flaws were shown then her fans would be able to relate to her and know that they are not alone in the issues that they face. If her alcoholism did get to the tabloids she would not mind, considering it would bring more traffic to her existence as well as let others with her same problem know that they were not different than those in the public eye. After all, she was a Rising Star, therefore the public eye was learning more and more about her each day of her life.

"Gossip, why certainly~!" Desirée exclaimed when Shea mentioned that topic, and she did not mind sharing information about others at this stage. However, she still knew the difference between secrets and small information, therefore she would not share anything too important about someone in which she already knew. As they began walking back toward the refreshment table, Desirée began to look around at each face that she knew and didn't know. "Ardere is definitely a beautiful man, but I feel as though Astrid of Golden Phoenix is more of my cup of tea." she told her friend, as she began to stroke Kiwi's forehead. "However, I am beginning to get feelings for someone of my guild. That is disclosed information however, so I am not going to tell~!" she giggled while talking, as they finally made it to the refreshment table.

"Yesterday I heard-" Desirée began to say, as she was interrupted by the candles upon the chandelier and walls to begin flickering and eventually turning the hall into a state of pure darkness. "Nonono!" Desirée screamed at the sight of the dark, as she could not even see Kiwi's glow in this state. She could still feel him in her hands however, so that was definitely reassuring for her. Darkness was one of her definite fears, to the point where she would nearly come to the verge of tears if a set of lights did not accompany it to make a dim setting. "Shea, I'm scared!" she exclaimed, as she gripped onto Shea's body with both arms, sandwiching Kiwi in-between. Creaking of the wood under them could be heard, followed by a slice of metal and a giant crash on the opposing room that they were on.

The chandelier had fell, killing or injuring the people around it. Desirée was absolutely at a loss of words as the woman talked and explained what they had to do, she could not believe that people had lost their lives at a simple party that they thought they were celebrating for Halloween. As the candy formed in her hands that she had described and the doors opened while the candles flickered back on, Desirée turned toward the door and grabbed Shea's hand. "We need to go out there and retrieve those candies... we need to help those people that were injured.." she told her friend. as she turned up the rest of her drink and threw it upon the wall in anger, causing the glass to shatter upon the impact. It had also sliced a man's face in a small cut, causing him to turn and give the finger. "Kiss my ass, you were standing there for a reason!" she screamed in anger, as she grabbed Shea's hand and walked toward the door.

CANDY CORN GALA • sitewide social gathering - Page 4 IY2eFxu

Jiyu Kazehime
    Jiyu Kazehime

Player 
    Experience : 0

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Wind Magic
    Second Magic: Demonic Takeover
    Third Magic:

Post by Jiyu Kazehime 21st October 2017, 9:04 pm

A brief glance back at Aiyana during her time changing? She felt like something wasn't quite right, but it was not because she had picked up on the other female's true intents or thoughts. Instead, the female remembered a time when she would have been more playful about the whole thing, less embarrassed. heck, Kazehime could remember a time when she wouldn't have asked for help covering herself until she could fix the problem, where she would crawl under a tablecloth and fix thing's beneath the table before she would ask for help. Had she changed that much from those three years? Really shifted so far from who she originally was, just because she finally experienced being used the way she once had used others? No those men had used her more than she had ever used anyone else in this world, that couldn't be why she had seemed to change.

Distraction entirely took over her head as she considered this hovering beside her childhood friend and rest of their current party. At the moment? Jiyu looked incredibly thoughtful, which was rare for her since she rarely seemed to actually think, even if she was good at some forms of strategy due to all the games she played. "Hmm, I heard about places who sold a claim that their product could affect those not normally inflicted, but I never verified any of it back then I was fourteen and running in a different circle from those claiming it." so basically she knew nothing, and since she wasn't thinking in the moment she let slip the fact she had run in the same circle's as some pretty hefty scum bags when she was younger. If she had been thinking? Jiyu would have never said it while standing beside Astrid, Mikka never wanted her friend to know all that had happened to her after she ran away! The Golden Pheonix master didn't need to know about those sorts of things. "Yeah, I say she probably did a bit much, or whatever she got her hands on is some damn good shit, I can barely see her eyes past the bloodshot." her face took on a honey-laced smile, a giggle emitting as she held a curled hand to her mouth.

The statements before those two made it easy to think she had been playing on Erika's state instead of asking for some, but her request of wanting to meet the other girls 'friends' likely took a new light for anyone who had heard her comments. Right now she was so stuck thinking of her past, everything started fading out, not even hearing Shea and Desiree with their drinking, nor their talking of gossip. She did, however, realize Kiru may have assumed Erika was on pot, and Jiyu had never seen pot that could do what Erika was experiencing, at least not without enough of it to also make someone a couch potato and Erika was quite active. However, it wasn't important what the other mage was on right now, Jiyu just wanted some, because then she would not have to think about how much spending three years in darkness had changed her. When Kiru glared? Jiyu jumped softly, a clear sign she had not overcome her fear but instead there was another presence allowing her to remain composed for now. When had she started taking strength from those around her rather than herself?

The light's went out and Jiyu screamed the second they did, however, it was no simple scream, no that would not be embarrassing. A high ranking mage squealed like a little kid, like some animal being hit with an electric shock and it went on for several moments. When she stopped screaming like a banshee? Jiyu hit her knee's, blood leaking from the wound's her sudden impact with the ground caused, arms wrapping around herself as she gave that madden laugh one gives when they can't believe what's happening around them. "No, No, No, No.." it was on repeat in her extremely softened frightened voice, the girl's entire body shaking beyond her control, tears slowly starting to leak from her face. When the darkness rose higher the wind user shrieked again, ducking her head to the ground, pressing her tail between her legs. In another few seconds? She would be the fetal position or on her back like a submissive dog, the fear in her becoming so intense she couldn't even sense her own presence, the only thing she could sense was her own fear.  

Akeya was saving her and Jiyu would realize this later, notice she had been in the kill zone, the second half of her frightening ordeal actually being the half-dragon saving this current body. Curled into herself she only felt the presence of the other girl's wing, jumped at the loud sound it protected her from, pressing herself against the wall of the unused corner she'd been taken too, tears streaming down her face from wide terrified eyes. Most people closed their eyes to fear, but that would make hers worse she was looking for any sign of light in the room, any shine to attach herself too, even if it was a flame. She couldn't be trapped in darkness again, the bad thing's happened in the dark, very bad thing's, and she couldn't go through that again!

"A..A..Akeya?" the light's came back on and Jiyu had not heard anything their host said over her own fear. However, from everyone's comments, she could get the gist of thing's, shakily getting to her feet and struggling to get her own breathing under control. In spite of the power she wielded, she still had fears and tonight seemed to like stepping on them. "I.. I can do that." but she couldn't even seem to levitate at the moment, images flashing behind her eyes as she tried to pull herself back to the present. "I just need a few moments." came her awkward laugh.

CANDY CORN GALA • sitewide social gathering - Page 4 Miku_chibi_by_kenneos-d4l2s2w

CANDY CORN GALA • sitewide social gathering - Page 4 H6NcPbM CANDY CORN GALA • sitewide social gathering - Page 4 H6NcPbM CANDY CORN GALA • sitewide social gathering - Page 4 H6NcPbM CANDY CORN GALA • sitewide social gathering - Page 4 H6NcPbM

Sol
    Sol

Shadow of Death

Shadow of Death

Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- 11 Sinner- Coming Storms- Guild Master- God Slayer- Dragon Slayer- Neutral Guild Ace- Dark Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Tertiary Magic- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : Immortal Death
    Position : Warlord of Superbia
    Guild : Co GM of Onyx Moon
    Mentor : Nykyrian, Ballom The Poison Dragon
    Experience : 2,005,532

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Venom God Slayer 1st Gen
    Second Magic: Shadow Dragon Slayer 2nd Gen
    Third Magic:

Post by Sol 21st October 2017, 10:09 pm

Before Sol could even give an answer to the cybernetic woman the lights in the hall went out as the woman known as the regent of the night finally revealed herself and even to Sols keen eyes he saw nothing untill the woman in the Victorian dress showed up, she wanted candies from the sprites outside in the land that was clearly not earthland like she said. She told them that to gain the candies that she wanted would earn them a reward or a wish of their choosing if it was in her power . As he felt the candie mentioned by her appear in his pocket as he bowed to both grema and Itori.” I’m sorry ladies but I should go get what the lady wants after all I don’t wanna be stuck here” he chuckled before he pulled out a small card and passed it to Grema.” Feel free to contact me and set up a meeting I can give your magpies a tune up when needed and I can bounce ideas off of you and you off of me” he said before he stretched and headed towards the doors.”I fear no creature and no darkness I’ll have this done no problem”" he stated as the shadows started to swirl around him and seemed to shift his clothes to his normal ones for the mission at hand, a simple pair of black pants and a Chinese shirt.

As he approached the doors he saw Desiree and he smirked at her.”gotten a lot of sleep lately? You never know whats lurking in the shadows under your bed” he stated with a wolfish grin before he reached the doors and he pulled his fist back before with one strike he knocked both doors open and leapt out into the eternal darkness that was outside the building. Once he was out he quickly unfurled his wings from his back and allowed his arms and legs to gain pitch black scales and deadly claws as his ruby red eyes scanned the bizarre darkness to find the candies that the regent wanted. It wasent long before the poison shadow dragons nose caught the sweet scent that he knew meant that sweets were nearby and he headed off in that direction to find them. It wasent long before he found the source of the scent but he also knew he was not alone as he spotted three faires who appeared out of the woodwork and confronted him and looked very unhappy.”Leave this place human our candy is not meant for any of your race” one of them said as Sol suddenly grinned and revealed all of his razor sharp fangs.”Good because im not human and I’ll gladly crush your bodies to paste to get the candies I need” he said before he suddenly hunched over and he released an animalistic growl before his body started to grow as his clothes seemed to rip off him.

Scales grew all over the slayers body as he kept growing and he growled again loudly before he roared at the three fairies. One of them shot a large sphere of condensed essence of the night at the dragon but he only released an angry snarl at them before he swept his arm out and knocked all three fairies into one of the trees nearby and before they could even try to react or harm him the dragon quickly slammed his hand down and crushed all three of them violently in one motion. With one more smack for good measure the dragon quickly flicked his right hand to get any entrails off of him before he turned his attention back to the candies and he quickly grabbed a remenant his shirt and turned it into a sack before he started to pile as many candies as he could into the bag.

However the slayer was not alone again as he heard croaking and from the shadows emerged some nasty looking toads that wanted the candy that the fairies had made and that he was collecting. From what Sol could tell there were about 6 toads and they were looking at him with hunger in their eyes before suddenly one lunged at him with the intent to devour some of the candy, the dragon snatched the toad of out of the sky harshly and quickly proceeded to slam it down into another toad twice before the beast was a mangled mess in his hand and he was then slammed into by another toad and he growled before his claws shot forward and impaled the creature before he spread it fingers and caused the creature to break apart with a scream of pain. The remaining three were still hungry but now scared and when another tried to jump at the dragon the slayer responded by swatting the pest from the sky with his tail before slamming his tail down on it again and crushing it.”now for you two” he snarled loudly before he lunged forward with a loud roar that would be heard all the way in the hall and grabbed the two remaining toads before he slammed them into each other twice in rapid succession and he growled before noticing they were finally dead and he shook his hands hard to get rid of the gore on them.

With no more enemys lurking the dragon sighed before he started to shrink and reverted back to his human form and oddly enough he was back in his suit with no blood on his person. He grabbed the makeshift bag that was full of the candies and he made his trek back to the room, it took a little while but he managed to make it back in one piece and with no danger as well and he walked back into the hall with a grin on his face before he spoke to the regent if she was still here."I got your candies my lady I hope I obtained enough to gain your favor and perhaps my wish” he said as he held his bag and waited to be addressed. He looked fine but the slayer had some nice bruises and internal injuries from the toads and fairies and while they were quickly healing they still hurt something fierce.

mission wc 1054 words

total wc 4568

total tickets 9 if the mission wc is included if not then 7 still

spells:

“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown. Fear what you do not Know"

Gold Lacrima Ends 11/23/2020

Shea Duskhelm
    Shea Duskhelm

Player 
    Guild : Black Sails
    Experience : 150

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Grand Aria
    Second Magic: Advent of the Dragoon
    Third Magic:

Post by Shea Duskhelm 21st October 2017, 10:40 pm

Shea listens to the fellow singer gossip and chat with a sly smile. “Oh my, romance in Black Rose? Please darling don’t be a tease, do tell.” The blue-haired woman says, sharp eyes filled with curiosity as she takes another sip of her wine. “It wouldn’t happen to be my dear friend Grema would it? Have you met her? She’s in Black Rose as well, you’ve probably at least noticed her, she’s over there in the corner doing who knows what. She’s really a nice woman, just needs a few friends and reasons to socialize.” The half-elf chats absentmindedly. “Or maybe not? Oh my there is so many options in your guild I cannot even begin to guess can I? Oh well, I guess I’ll just have to live with the curiosity practically eating away at me dear.” Was the dramatic finish, forlorn sigh and back of hand against her forehead and all. Then a small laugh to show she was joking before continuing to listen to Desiree.

Jokes were gone in the next moment when the area was filled with such deep darkness that not even Shea’s holy lance’s light could be seen in. Shea’s muscles tensed, then her eye’s and senses sharpened as she prepared for an attack of some sort. Her swinging out her arm to grab onto the panicking Desiree was not needed as the girl latched herself around Shea’s waist to the dragoons relief.

There was no time for her to reassure the idol as the floor below them began to make ominous noises. Shea’s senses were better in the dark, but with how oppressive and magical this one was she could not get her senses through it. The goddess Luna also gave her a weapon to cleave through darkness, but that only depended on how strong Shea was. This darkness was much more powerful than she was. So all Shea could do was pull out her fully sized lance and grip Desiree, preparing to jump out of the way of the slightest provocation towards them.

It wasent needed as the chandelier feel far away enough that the half-elf knew it would be able to harm them, but not close enough to save people. As soon as the lights come back on Shea’s expression grew even graver as she looked over the dead and soon to be dead. It took a good amount of willpower and reasoning to not run over and sing a song, since she knew no magic in her arsenal could heal such wounds. This Night Regent would pay.

Shea listened in grim silence along with her companion. “Necromancy.” She mutters under her breath. It may be useless. She may have to kill those ‘brought back to life’ anyways. Most of all, it was all to bring about that evil woman’s agenda. Shea did not like this at all. The half-elf listened to the enraged white haired look with an unreadable look on her face, gripping the candy that appeared in her hand. But it would be worse not to play into this ‘queens’ hands at the moment, since she had far more control over this world than any of them did. Decision made, Shea’s face warped into the easy-going smile she was known for, completely unaffected by Desiree’s outburst. “Yes, that would probably be for the best. Probably better than staying here anyways.” The half-elf says in a whimsical manner as she was pulled along through the door. “But let’s be careful, shall we?” She ends as they are sucked into the abyss.

WC: 592
    Total: 2236

CANDY CORN GALA • sitewide social gathering - Page 4 HdUXW6O
    CANDY CORN GALA • sitewide social gathering - Page 4 600px-10

Lester Drynedi
    Lester Drynedi

Gentleman florist

Gentleman florist

Player 
    Dungeon Tokens : 1

Character Sheet
    First Magic:
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Lester Drynedi 22nd October 2017, 12:10 am

Lester Drynedi D Rank Guildless

Jostled slightly from the general movement of the crowd he watched as the female he had just questioned halted. She seemed to be used to this sort of thing, and from her speech she had a good brain on her shoulders. It had been ill advised to attempt an escape, seemed disagreeable though, he had always known that he was no fighter, but still, negative side effects sounded worse than the possibility of lending support in the future. She had been nice enough to reply to him, his head dipped a little in acknowledgement as he had an offered a word of thanks, sensing that had been all the knowledge he had on the matter his feet bristly took a step back and the conversation had ended. There had been no further things to say, yet there had been so many other things he needed to know and so many other faces has knowledgeable expressions. Slender fingers intertwined with his scarf again, of course he had shown a sign of being worried, locked in a room with no way to escape. What if something had happened, what if he had been about to die and needed to flee!  
    The thoughts could have taken him over, except the time had neared midnight. When the candles flickered he hadn't thought much, candles flickered, it was just what they did and seemed to be a normal part of how a candle functioned. Engulfed in darkness, without a speck speck of light the flower withered away. Distraught the jostling of those around him all clambering the ending seemed cruel. What awaited them? How could his life end here, of all places he had to die in a room like this in the dark. No flower should die in the darkness. It hadn't been that he was scared of the dark, the problem had been that in the darkness his strength was less than a summer flower in the frosts of winter. Without sunlight he had less power, it had rarely bothered him before, he had always slept at night and not gone on any silly adventures where one might have died.

Pushed and yanked he managed to grapple his way to the top of the sprawling masses, gasping for air he had surfaced above the crowd for a few seconds. With a lack of sight and only normal sensory abilities this was indeed comparable to being pushed into a swamp with a herd of deer.
    A creak or a squeak he had not heard it at first, too overcome by the sudden darkness of which he had not taken pleasure in. A shocked sound escaped from his mouth, the world hadn't slow down, unlike the children's bedtime stories to Lester it seemed like time had sped up. A chandelier chain snapped, it had come down with great force. The factor of others being alive or not was still unknown. In the darkness he had not distinguished what was happening.

The once light-bearing structure had fallen, he had not been close but still he had been knocked into by someone, in turn he had stumbled into another mage. Half broken off the excuses had been halted by an unwelcome guest speaker. Without a trace, no motions had been made which indicated the source of this voice. What other way could he had stepped back from reality, breathing controlled he closed his eyes. that had made no difference, but closing one's eye shad always made him feel safe. Feminine? strong voice, controlled, not particularly loud or quiet it seemed factual, like we had simply been numbers on pages rather than alive and thinking. regent of the Night and the Pumpkin King, Lester calmed a little when he had felt a surge of amusement, two terrible names that both fit together due to their lack of common sense.

The world of Eternal Darkness, bringing the Night of Eternal Darkness. If this seemed less realistic than he would have thought this was some magazine stunt, this had been too much for a simple stunt though, Eternal Darkness indeed. What was it with darkness that everyone seemed to like, a precious flower similar to himself had no chance of survival in a world lacking light. He needed to photosynthesis and bloom when the warmest spring sun shone!
    His scarf had rustled from the winds which had swept through the room after the ominous creaking sound, mystical candies of sprites, why would anyone seek out such unknown possible danger? Just for a handsome reward. He knew what he would be doing, taking a pillow from a chair and waiting seemed to be the best cours- Running away, and failure. He had to fight such dark creatures? It felt as if a poison mage had just released a spell in his stomach. Was this not supposed to have been a nice evening of covering and drinking?

It had been slow, but the shadows had lifted and let the light return to the floor. He, along with everyone else were able to see again. Eyes blinked, they focused, colour had come into view again. As he secured his scarf better a sweet had appeared on his head. It had taken a moment to inspect the treat carefully before sliding it into a blazer pocket. that would help when the time would come, however his mind had gone onto the task at hand whilst he patted his hair flat.
    A few had departed fast, most had started coming to terms with the situation, what would be best for him to do? With a lack of battle experience paired with support magic the outlook had seemed. Lester brushed the thought away, he had one offensive spell, an offensive summon and in a world of eternal darkness he had been a shining flower doomed to slowly wither away.

He hadn't died, he had survived, he had remained intact and healthy as well. "Okay, mystical candy from a ghost of darkness in a world of eternal darkness where you get killed if you don't produce results." Seemed right, he exhaled, but the words spoken to himself as he had removed the forest green blazer he was wearing summed up the situation well. A small amount of annoyance had crept into the youth's voice, "and to top it all off they told us to wear formal wear" Nimbly his fingers had worked to roll the sleeves of his white shirt, the tie and scarf stayed, but he had to make do with the formal suit he had.

Word Count: 1091  +914 = 2005 / 4 tickets
    OOC:
    Notes:
    private message me for plots

Template (c) Izayuki
    Leila Vergious
    Leila Vergious

Eden's Rose

Eden's Rose

Developer/GFX Artist- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Rising Star- Guild Master- Zodiac Key- Legal Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Fan Art Contest Participant- Haiku Contest Participant- Lineage Making Contest Participant- Rich- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Join A Faction!- Tertiary Magic- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 1st Place Event/Contest Winner- 2nd Place Event/Contest Winner- Advertisement Achievement Badge- Hero- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Child of Eden
    Guild : Silver Wolf
    Cosmic Coins : 30
    Experience : 3,631,235

Post by Leila Vergious 22nd October 2017, 3:14 am

Word Count:

Tags:
    @ -

Active take-over:
    None

OOC:
    TL;DR - super broken arm, now waiting at the entrace before going outside
    Leila Vergious Golden Phoenix

It was useless. The Eden's caretaker was far too distracted by everything that was going on to form a proper coherent thought that would help her figure out how to escape this dreadful situation. All the people around her, both panicking and remaining calm... they would still talk and laugh while others would be worried and desperately try to find a way out themselves. Their words, mangled together in the air before delivered to the witch's furry ears only resembled noise of static, louder and louder by the moment until she could not even properly hear her own mind. This was why she preferred a smaller company or a more secluded place. She was standing in the bloody middle of this hall! Why was she even here? Ah, that's right... Jiyu said those words to that unknown vixen. "probably yeah, I could use the sleep." She certainly didn't take long before she entered a relationship like that. And with a person Leila didn't even know? No, this wasn't right... why was that even of her concern in the first place? She shouldn't care who her friend was seeing. She already made peace with thing staying how they were forever the moment she realized that she would never be able to grow better than that panther boy. No matter how strong she would be and no matter what she would do to protect the wind wizard, it was just a hopeless situation. Nothing that could be done about it. The strings of cruel fate were pulled and she was powerless to sever them, take things into her own hands. Because if she even tried that... Jiyu would probably end up hating her for good. Even if she could not have what she desired from the moment she had met the black-haired female, she didn't want that either.

It was these thoughts that had completely consumed her for a rather good amount of time. And before she came up with anything good, the lights would start flickering once more. Not only that, they would go out completely as they would have it. This was bad... very, very bad. A sudden scream echoed through the chamber and she recognized it. Of course she did. Turning in its direction rapidly, the Eden's witch would clench her firsts as she tried to properly locate her friend who was somewhere in front of her. But even with her newly enhanced senses, this was difficult. Too many people, too many of them panicking. She wasn't able to go and help her?! Suddenly, something snapped. Something dangerously close. And before the girl could act, she felt a change in the wind around her and all of her senses went completely crazy, a warning of danger more intense than ever before. Taking the chance, she tried to leap to the side but was soon forcefully stopped as she felt rather intense pain in her left hand as if someone had grabbed it at their full force and crushed it in the process. Her entire body was forced to the ground and pinned for a little bit. She seemed to be powerless to move, as she realized that she was unable to summon her magic to it's fullest - unable to create and nurture roots and vines beneath the ground that would tear it apart and free her. This entire place was playing against her and she did not have enough force in her body to alter it. No one had. And so, she was completely bound in place, powerless and forced to listen to those screams and whimpers until they finally subsided. But even that wasn't enough torture it seemed. Even in her current state of being unable to move, the girl felt something strange around her... behind her. Not that she was really able to properly turn and try to figure out what it was in her current state.

As long as that something would not attack her, she would remain just fine. Well... as fine as she could be in her rather panicked state for someone else entirely. And the dark just wasn't going away! Instead, something else happened... a presence appeared somewhere. She wasn't quite able to pinpoint it, but it started speaking to them. The Regent of the Night. It must have been some sort of spirit from whatever realm they were all transported into. Maybe a demon too. Whatever she was, her plan was quite well executed it seemed, as no one was truly able to interfere with her, allowing her to list off her demands and vile greetings. If nothing else, she at least started to properly explain their situation and inform them of what was happening. The world of Eternal Darkness... she had never heard about such realm, but she figured such haven for nocturnal beings must have existed a long time ago. A paradise for vampires and the like. Was that perhaps what this so-called Regent of the Night was? If so, or if she was something similar to that, then they were in trouble. For such beings were capable of gathering unbelievable amounts of power, especially if they already lived for at least few centuries. Not to mention that they were at a very clear disadvantage in a world where no sun seemingly existed at all. Then it came to the demands... Mystical 'Candies'? It sounded way more dumb that it probably was. It honestly sounded like a task fairly simple. Which meant that there was a twist to it all. And something that worried the Eden's caretaker a little, something about the Regent's words themselves. "It is my job to guide this world to yours, and to bring about the Night of Eternal Darkness." Those were her exact words. Did that mean she planned to use them to engulf Earthland in the dark for good?

To Leila, that sounded like the Regent's plan. However, the witch also knew that such goal would be extremely difficult to achieve. Even if this creature, whatever she was, had nearly unlimited power, changing the aspect of the entire world was far too intense. But for now, it seemed that there was not much of a choice for them. The girl got the gist of it all and as the one who imprisoned them here started going on about how they had to obey her or their very beings would be tortured beyond the point of no return, she started focusing her energy into her eyes to look around. She was no cat, but she was in the dark for long enough to get used to it at least a little bit and maybe see what was in her immediate vicinity. Even before checking on her own situation, however, she would automatically start scanning her surroundings for the person she needed to find before anyone else.

"Ji... where?!"

And there she was. On the floor and not in a good shape. But outside of whatever was going in her head right now, she appeared to be fine physically. Though mental damage often left much greater scars than physical, which was the problem at hand. Above her, a creature. Dragon-like someone who had protected her with their wings. Honestly, she was unable to tell in this darkness. Ah... so someone saved her. That was good. Wasn't it? A sudden strange feeling started swelling inside of Leila's chest. That was something that Aurora mentioned before... jealousy? Envy? She found herself feeling these undesired emotions once again as she realized that she failed to save her friend again. She was too late, always. Gritting her teeth, she would finally look at her arm that was still stuck because of something. And now she realized why that was. The chandelier! That was what snapped. And the loud crash that she heard just as her hand got stuck, but decided to completely ignore it in favor of possibly finding out what was going on with her friend. But precisely because she was so focused on the canine and what was happening to her, she wasn't swift enough and the structure managed to hit her arm, pinning it to the ground and with that, forcing her entire body down. She didn't even feel that much pain right now... possibly because of the feelings running through her, the adrenaline pumping in her veins. But judging by how it looked, she would probably soon come to feel a whole lot of pain. Thankfully, her arm was just stuck beneath it, rather than the object having enough force to actually sever it. But maybe if that happened, it would have been better. At least she would have been free to move and rush over to the black-haired girl who needed help much more than she did. Damn it all! It was all crooked, the sleeve of her kimono torn apart and shredded by the metal and... her own bone that was pocking out of her flesh.

A small pool of blood would start quickly forming beneath it as well. Her hand was properly broken, but the bigger problem was how to pull it out. She wasn't able to move the chandelier no matter how hard she tried to pull at it. At that moment, the being in the dark finally finished talking and disappeared. Along with her, the darkness went as well. A sudden feeling of relief ran through the girl as her eyes widened. The chandelier that was crushing her arm until now was just... gone. And in the palm of her nearly destroyed hand lied a candy that was definitely not there before. With a sharp exhale through her teeth, she would force her body into a standing position, her shattered hand just kinda flapping at the side of her body and dropping the candy to the floor. It was bad... very bad. Her skin torn apart and bone sticking out of her like a weird decoration. Something like this will most definitely hinder her ability to properly move around and complete the tasks that they were given. But she still had to do it. Placing her other palm just above the would, a number of vines would be created, each one of them coiling around the damaged flesh and then tightly pulling at it. It was now that she properly started feeling the pain of her injury, her nerves screaming at her to stop. But she had to stabilize herself at least a little bit. Trying to keep her voice inside of her body rather than screaming out in sheer pain, a fairly loud crack could be heard as the mangled hand was twisted back into a little bit more presentable form. Though the exposed bone and blood dripping from her hand onto the floor were still telltale signs of things not being anywhere close to okay. With sharp and heavy breaths, she would use her still functioning hand to wipe off the sweat from her forehead and turn around. It seemed that Jiyu was recovering slowly, though it was beyond obvious that she was in a bad shape.

Giving her a glance, those feelings from before would return to her again, her emerald green gaze quickly forced away from the canine and into the emptiness that seemed to await behind the now open doors and windows. With a sigh, she would crouch down and pick up the item that appeared in her hand again, realizing that the Regent did talk about this some when she was too busy trying to orientate herself in the dark. So what exactly was she supposed to do now? She desperately wanted to check on Jiyu, but that dragon person was with her. They were talking together. Grinding her teeth, she just wasn't able to approach the girl by herself. Unless the canine was the one trying to go and talk to Leila, the Eden's caretaker just wasn't capable of forcing herself right now. With the swirl of negativity inside of her, she would cover her face with the palm of her right hand. "Consider yourself officially summoned... Aurora." And just like that, the goddess of Eden would manifest once more right next to her summoner, smile on her face. There weren't many spirits that could look like this when their 'owner' was injured to such degree. Then again, the goddess was fully aware of how well Leila could regenerate. Even if her hand was to be completely removed, it would grow back. But only then, such effect would happen. In this state, the healing process would be much longer, an annoyance they had to deal with right now unless the girl wanted to remove the hand herself. Though she didn't know if she could take that kind of pain right now. It would be better to go out and fight in this state rather than laying on the floor here, paralyzed in agony. As such, she would start slowly going toward the main entrance, her summon in tow. Though she stopped before she stepped outside, leaning on the door's frame with heavy breathing and trying to suppress the pain of her left hand a little bit before going out. And perhaps still hoping that someone would appear next to her.

"Oh my, oh my. Are you certain you want to go out there and fight Regent knows what in that condition? I am standing right here, so try not to forget that you're also a summoner. Ever since your little show in the Gardens, other spirits had their morale raised as well. You summon any of them, maybe with the exception of Lisette, and they will rush out there to fight and collect those... 'candies' in your stead. What's the point of forcing yourself past the breaking point?"

"There is... a point. Are you forgetting who I am already, Aurora? I promised... that I would never use my summons as tools to do my job for me. Even if you don't see it that way, I do. Not to mention... other people were injured by that falling chandelier as well. And some were... killed. I was useless in that moment, unable to help them at all. With something like that happening, I don't even deserve the title of Rising Star. So I will go out there and make sure to do my part... so that the Regent of the Night can uphold her end of the bargain and bring those people back. I will save them, even if it's in such roundabout way. Not to mention... you already know - even if I die here, my soul will simply return to the Gardens of Eden. Then once my physical form is reconstructed again, I'll be just fine."

The goddess could only sight at the words of her summoner. Honestly, Leila could be quite stubborn sometimes it seemed. But what she said was true. Even if they would both die here, they would not die for good. That was just how the demons of Void worked it seemed. A curse of their immortality... a curse of godhood. But even when Leila said things like that, she didn't like this situation at all. Not one bit! Those words she realized back in the darkness were still replaying in her head over and over again. Were they helping the Regent with something that would hurt them in the long run right now? But if they were to refuse, there was no telling what would happen, right? The fact that even the strongest of wizards were trapped in this place meant that this creature, whatever it was, had a true power. If they were to try and fight her, there was a chance they would all just fail and die. The couldn't take a risk like that, could they? Of course, there were other beings like her in this place who would not die even if their physical forms were destroyed, Jiyu hopefully one of them... but what of the rest? What of the normal humans that had to way of escaping this dreadful situation? That was the real problem right now, wasn't it? So for now, they just had to go with the flow of things and do as they were told while trying to form some sort of sound strategy, any plan at all that could possibly work, along the way. Thankfully, this was actually along the lines of what Leila used to do all the time. At the end of the day, she joined Golden Phoenix only because it was a treasure hunting guild and Elyx showed her the filled treasury. She had hunting for valuables in her blood it seemed and while these 'candies' they had to collect didn't sound all that exciting, she was still able to hype herself up and forget some of the pain she was feeling.

"Shouldn't you at least summon Harpae? If I recall, the girl had some healing abilities at some point, right? Could help with that arm. As much as I believe that you can do this, it's little too amusing just imagining you running about with that thing flapping behind you~"

"Her abilities changed when she came back after my resurrection. None of the Eden's spirits possess healing abilities now. And that goes for me as well... it seems I've lost what little regeneration spells I had to gain more offensive ones. I'll just have to force through it all."

The girl tried to think if she had ever found herself in a worse situation than right now. And actually, few popped into mind. Especially when Elyx was still the guild master and ordered her to retrieve some sort of mirror from a basement of a cursed home. Of course that thing had a doppelganger inside of it who managed to take control over her lineage summon at that time, using it to nearly kill her. Her life was actually hanging on by threat at that point. Shaking her head, she decided to rather not think about those painful memories and would give her focus to the present, mainly the task at hand.

Mura Kensho
    Mura Kensho

The Ghost Slayer

The Ghost Slayer

Regular VIP Status- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Neutral Guild Ace- Dark Guild Ace- S-Rank- A-Rank- Halloween Social - Haiku Contest Participant- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Hero- Summer Special Participant- Player 
    Lineage : Pluto's Oathbreaker
    Position : God of Mettle
    Partner : Mythica
    Guild : Fairy Tail (GM)
    Cosmic Coins : 155
    Dungeon Tokens : 21
    Experience : 10,355

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Spirit Completion Magic
    Second Magic: Onmyōdō
    Third Magic: Second Origin

Post by Mura Kensho 22nd October 2017, 3:47 am

Leila had, surprisingly, left the group in a hurry, stating that someone had to figure out a way out of this place slash trouble that they had been dragged into. It was fair enough, because Mura himself was a tad worried about this night regent’s intentions. Was this just for fun, or did something more personal get into play? Even if the regent had something in mind, would it be something alike a game or activity? It was, despite the tense atmosphere, still a Halloween party, so maybe this was but a hunch, but something felt not so alright with this place. His eyes began moving around to try and locate windows, but they were all affected by this new black fog that covered all view. I really hope that it’s all just for the Halloween spirit…, he thought in silence.

Another figure had made it to the group, wearing quite the fancy Halloween getup. However, Mura noticed her aura at first, and given by her appearance too, on top of Jiyu’s familiarity with this woman, she was… a fox? Wait, no, she seemed to have nine tails, but… did that make her like Eris from his guild? He couldn’t but look ever so confused at the lady, until he managed to cast away the confusion and exaggerating curiosity. Along with her, a fair share of other people had made their presences in the gala, but everything suddenly turned its focus at the stage as the lights flickered, soon to turn off completely. His ears caught the sound of a falling object that crashed on the floor, combined with screams from different people. “What the hell-“ he spoke up, instinctively holding up his hands to make sure that Izayuki was still up there. He knew very well that it would take like ten elephants… or ten cities to take her down, but he was obligated to worry about those around him. Very small shrapnel had been flown off from the crash, and a good amount of them had, unnoticed by the shaman himself, cut their way onto the back of his new tuxedo, causing small injuries on his clothes. He slowly turned his head around, but before he could even take a look to see what had hit him, a gloomy voice made its way across his ears. He turned his head around a few times to locate its source, but due to the dark fog that settled along with the lack of light, no specific person was spotted as the source of words. She greeted them all, and that was the first time that they heard the actual host’s voice, a woman.

After listening to her words, it seemed as if they were left with only one option as a piece of candy had been laid onto his grasp. People had suffered from the chandelier, and to his surprise, some of them had even gotten killed beneath it. His eyes widened by that fact, but he began thinking about the regent’s words. Was she able to bring life to the dead? If her words were sincere, then all that he had to do was to find these candies that she required to fulfil her task. And even though this ‘Night of Eternal Darkness’ sounded a bit too hostile, what about the others’ opinions? Surprisingly, another silhouette had made its presence right beside Jiyu as the shaman moved his gaze towards her location, quickly catching her words. “… Alright, then,” he replied and moved his eyes up to his little hat, “What do you say, goddess? Shall we work together..?” Either way, he would be making his way to the entrance where he spotted Leila again, surprisingly asking: “Okay… this is a tad ridiculous, but I guess it’s critical. Also… what happened with your arm?”

Total WC: 5076

Tickets: 10

@Hat-chan

Themes:
    Itori
    Itori

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Player 
    Lineage : Daughter of Inari
    Guild : Sabertooth (Guild Master)
    Experience : 924,120

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Spirit Fox Magic
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Itori 22nd October 2017, 6:23 am

Itori was glad that Sol accepted her declination without any complaint. She genuinely wouldn't have minded dancing with him if it wasn't for the situation, and for the fact that she was already in conversation with Grema at the time of his arrival. She would've felt guilty if he had been hurt by her rejection, so it was good to see that he took it in stride and accepted that now may not be the best time for it. "Understood. It would be pleasant to catch up." When Sol explained that he had undergone full dragonfication, his nature changing from human to demon and eventually dragon, Itori wasn't sure what to say as she instead stared at those sharp teeth of his with surprise. She had been aware that Sol wasn't your average human mage, but she hadn't been aware that he had done something like that. And she wasn't sure if she approved of it either. Dragons were strong, yes, and they had many more good qualities than many a human would like to admit, but in the end they still tended to universally share the flaws of arrogance and cold-bloodedness. Whether Sol would be able to retain the warmth of a human while possessing the nature of a dragon was something she couldn't say with confidence, especially since while she was actually aware of the nature of Dragon Slayers it was still rare to encounter one who successfully completed the dragonfication process and still mingled with the humans. The ones that Itori had encountered in her long life had a distinct urge to go claim their own territory as all dragons do, preferably somewhere where humans wouldn't bother them overmuch.

"So I see. I would guess that the amount of power possessed by the dragons would be quite the exhilarating sensation for anyone who wasn't born a dragon or a god. Although I must express sincere relief that you have abandoned the nature of a demon." Itori's expression grew a bit more grim, as the topic of demons brought a sour taste to her mouth. Of all the creatures to exist she didn't think there were many which were as undesirable as demons, especially for a spirit creature like Itori herself. Those who predominantly lived in the physical realm already had enough issues with them, but for Itori it was even worse since she was keenly aware of what happened to souls which were captured by demons. It wasn't a pretty sight by any means, neither the procedure or the results of it. Itori was not above using souls herself if necessary, but she always kept the core pure and whole, so it could safely ascend to the afterlife. Demons, however, didn't care for the value of the immortal soul, at least not beyond how it could be of use to them personally, both as a source of power and as a form of entertainment. The weaker a grasp demons had on this realm, the better it would be for everyone. "As enticing as the power of demons may be, I can assure you that it's better for both your own health and that of everyone else that you took the power of dragons instead. That power, at least, is only coloured by how it is used." Some might call it unfair to decide a source of power tainted by its very nature, claiming that the same thing Itori said about the dragon's power, namely that it was only as good or evil depending on how it was used, applied to everyone. However Itori was of the strong conviction that she knew better: demons were born from evil, cruelty, negativity. Their power was directly derived from suffering and corruption, and that power itself would spread more suffering and corruption to keep growing. It would even consume those who used it. A type of power which would expand itself in that manner was inherently evil, even if those who wanted to be more reasonable opposed Itori in that belief.

As for Sol preferring to keep his affiliation hidden... Well, it wasn't Itori's business to pry. She was aware that despite her claim that Sol was a good person he wasn't solidly on the legal side of Fiore, and that he was also capable of doing things much more questionable. She wasn't so naive as to think he was some kind of saint that everyone should look up to. However she did still believe that he was someone who stuck to his own sense of honour, and even if he would questionable things to achieve what he want she didn't think he would do something to harm others unless it was of actual benefit to him. It wasn't the best definition of good, but Itori would still say that as long as Sol kept his murkier deeds to those which actually had acceptable motivations she could consider him a good person, especially with morality being as murky as it is. There was no such thing as pure good or pure evil, since that would imply that there was some objective quality that you could attain if you just tried hard enough. You had to judge people according to what mattered to you, and while Itori preferred it if people were willing to risk themselves to save others she could accept someone who did have selfish motives, but at least didn't inflict harm on others unless it actually served a purpose. The quickest way to actually become evil was to treat the lives of others as completely worthless, free to be used for personal amusement or to be extinguished if they so much as annoyed you. Sol wasn't like that so far as Itori was aware, so she accepted his words only with a smile and a nod. "As you say. Although I doubt anyone would want to risk causing a scene here, if only because the hostess might not look kindly upon those who steal the spotlight." That last part was meant as a joke, although Itori was honestly curious how the Regent of the Night would react if her guests began attacking one another. Not curious enough to find out herself, but it was something to consider. The personality of the Regent was actually quite important knowledge, since it would help give insight on what she might want and how to deal with her once she arrived.

It looked like introducing Sol and Grema was a good idea, as the two shared interest in a topic which turned out to be the exact topic one should use to catch the girl's attention. It was rather unfortunate it was a topic which Itori knew so little of, although that was with good reason: Itori was knowledgeable about many things, but her knowledge came from a very long life, where she could visit and learn from a great many people and take their knowledge in the future after time had already claimed them. While that meant she had the opportunity to gain a much broader field of understanding than those with a limited lifespan it didn't mean that at any single point in time she was actually being a fervent researcher. In the same five years that Itori learned one thing someone with more motivation could learn several things: Itori's large library of knowledge was based off of age, not enthusiasm (although she did have SOME enthusiasm, at least for certain subjects). Which meant that something like magitech, which actually was a very recent development (from Itori's perspective, at least) was outside Itori's scope of understanding. She had been fortunate enough to meet several people in her long life who had been ahead of their time in development, knowledge which had been lost to everyone to Itori, who didn't share it with the rest of the world because she thought it better if she was a traveller, someone who observed and who didn't drag the world into a new age with lost knowledge. At least not unless it became necessary for things to not become unacceptable. But magitech was still new, so Itori had little choice but to just listen to Sol and Grema as the two talked about the subject.

The idea that it could be used to replace missing limbs, however, was quite interesting. Itori herself would use other means to restore herself, but she was aware that not everyone had access to the same techniques as she did, so it made sense that they would look for other ways to undo the price of misfortune. When Grema showed the replaced body parts Itori studied them with respectful curiosity, not wanting to get too close in fear of crowding the girl but still looking visibly interested as she watched how the metal and the magic did its work, substituting blood, bone and nerves as well as several of the more interesting mechanisms inside a living human body. It was truly a fascinating sight, although the sounds that Itori was hearing from Grema made her frown a little. Fantastic as it was she had the feeling that the human body wasn't exactly made for this kind of extensive substitution of body parts. Grema didn't look like she was unhealthy, but... Itori had a hard time explaining it in detail, but the feeling that she herself would rather refrain from using magitech body parts only became stronger. She would ask Grema what the drawbacks were of such a body, but with how enthusiastic the girl was the Kitsune preferred to just show curiosity and interest as to not spoil her opportunity to show off.

And it seemed like magitech really was different from pure magic, as Grema herself explained that she had some severe difficulties figuring out what was going on with this place they could not escape from, as whatever method was used to keep them locked in wasn't supported by magitech. It seemed that turning magic into physical components did change the way it worked drastically, which wasn't too surprising but was somewhat unfortunate. If understanding of magitech also granted understanding of magic the reverse would also have been true, and Itori would have had an easier time learning of this type of technology. More pressingly, it meant that Grema's tools, impressive as they were, weren't actually going to reveal the truth of this place, which meant that they were still forced to wait until the Regent appeared and they could get information straight from the hostess, an idea that Itori would rather have avoided. However it was as it was, and if Grema's intensive study into the field of magitech meant that she wasn't as well-versed in the mystique of pure magic that was just something they would have to accept and deal with. At least it did confirm that there was no magitech involved, which could be considered useful knowledge on its own.

"Any information is of more benefit to us than having no information at all. If there is no magitech involved in this place it increases the likelihood that there were no humans involved in the creation either, which in turn increases the likelihood of it being a creature from another realm." She looked at the information displayed on the hologram Grema was holding up, studying it with some curiosity before deciding that it was better to focus on Grema herself. There was information on there, but with the amount and the way that it was written down it would have taken time for Itori to go through it all, and as it was they couldn't afford to spend too much time decoding and deciphering. When Grema used Itori's explanation of the magic on the letter to support the idea that this wasn't an alternate dimension, just a place with many magical layers to separate it from the rest of Earthland, Itori shook her head, although she waited for Grema to finish talking before she replied. "While I am confident in my assessment honesty compels me to say that while my theory of the workings of the letter is amongst the most likely, I could still have made an incorrect assessment. The more I think about it the more I believe what we are dealing with was caused by a creature of another place or realm, which means that it is difficult to correctly determine what methods they might use. However if I had to place a guess on whether we are trapped inside another realm or inside a complex trap of magic, I believe there is some more merit in this being another realm entirely. For the reason that some of the people trapped here are quite powerful, and possess impressive skills." She indicated some of the more powerful mages in the room, including Izayuki and Ardere. "Regardless of which possibility we are dealing with the Regent must be a powerful entity, but that doesn't mean there wouldn't still be limits to what she can achieve, and the wise would still try to use the more efficient method instead of relying on raw force. If this was a trap consisting of magic and magic alone this many mages could still have a fair chance of finding a way to subvert the trap, since anything that magic creates can also be undone by magic." At least, the vast majority. "In contrast, the only thing needed to trap us if our cage is located inside another realm is a moment's negligence and a hidden portal. Portals themselves are difficult to create, but even so if the Regent could lure us through a portal into a different realm she wouldn't have to rely on her magic being stronger than that of all of us here combined. The moment we would step into her realm escape would become significantly more difficult and it would cost her a lot less than the alternative, to use many layers of magic to separate us from the rest of our own world."

At that point the conversation had to be interrupted suddenly, however, as at that point the entire ballroom went dark, which immediately set Itori's senses on sharp. While she was capable of seeing just fine when there was little light she wasn't blessed with the ability to see if there was no light at all, since that was outside of the realm of sharp senses, instead being an ability belonging to those who were attuned with the darkness, or those who used magic to surpass their physical limitations. On the other hand darkness was no barrier to sound, so Itori's sharp ears, which for her were even more vital sources of information than her ears, were still as effective as always. She could hear confusion, mild panic, a stronger panic from one or two people, fear... It seemed like while most people had been capable of remaining calm and enjoying one another's company while waiting for the Regent to arrive, the darkness made it impossible for the people in the ballroom to remain unaffected. Itori hoped that the darkness wouldn't result in people getting in one another's way: this night was already tricky enough to navigate through without people stampeding all across over one another in the darkness.

But there were more pressing matters, as Itori caught a soft sound from high above, followed by the sound of rushing air. The chandelier. Nothing else of that size had been that high up, so that was the only explanation... and there was nothing Itori could do about it. Itori was capable of many things, as long as they were based off of skill and cunning rather than raw power. But the truth of the matter was that Itori wasn't like those powerful mages, who could affect the entire ballroom with their magics if they so desired (although it seemed like this ballroom specifically was protected against interference, anyway). She could predict how the chandelier would fall down onto the people mingling in the middle of the room, and she knew that even if they were powerful mages that kind of brute physical violence could still inflict severe damage, possibly kill a good portion of them. And she couldn't really do a lot to stop it. Well, she could do exactly one thing, but she doubted that it would do them much good. "Get away from the middle of the room!" Her voice resounded throughout the entire ballroom, Itori for once not suppressing her siren's voice so everyone who heard it would get the very strong urge to do as the voice said, and move away from the middle of the ballroom as quickly as possible. Itori herself doubted it would be enough, but it was better than nothing... although she knew from experience that some would resist her influence, and while they would still feel the compulsion she couldn't force them to obey, not with a single sentence no matter how enchanting her voice might be. She wasn't the Regent, even if she had been blessed with the siren's song she still couldn't control entire crowds of powerful mages like it was nothing.

Then the chandelier landed, and Itori could hear the unpleasant sound of bones cracking, skin tearing, flesh ripping and bursting, and blood falling out to land onto the floor and taint it a dark red as people were crushed underneath the heavy chandelier. Itori would've liked to close her ears so she didn't have to listen, but she had never been capable of turning off her sharp hearing, and even if she could turning herself deaf might cause her to miss something. For now she'd just give a prayer to the souls of those unfortunate enough to have been caught by the chandelier, and hope that she'd be able to save as many of them as she could once the dust had settled and she deemed it safe to approach the middle of the ballroom again. It was fortunate that she, Grema and Sol had been in one of the corners of the room, so they were by and large unaffected beyond the emotional and psychological effects of hearing a bunch of people get smashed by a chandelier as if a god had decided to slam its fist down.

The Regent of the Night appeared, and it quickly became clear that this wasn't going to be an easy task, to survive this night and get back to Earthland safely. Even worse, they would have to find a way to deal with the Regent's plan: Itori wasn't entirely sure what she meant with the Night of Eternal Darkness, but she was quite sure that neither she nor the other people of Earthland would appreciate it. Especially since it had already been made clear that the creatures moving about outside of the ballroom weren't of the friendly sort, so if the Regent succeeded that meant those creatures would be unleashed upon their world. Not a pleasant prospect, but as it was Itori couldn't really think of a way to stop it. They could all, collectively, refuse to cooperate: for some reason the Regent wanted their aid in gathering the Candy, which indicated that somehow she simultaneously wasn't all powerful in this realm yet those very creatures who she herself couldn't be bothered to hunt were still not so strong that the mages in the ballroom couldn't deal with them.

Actually, the more Itori thought about that part the more questionable it became: why would the Regent need her help? The materials she needed were from her own World of Eternal Darkness, so why would she need outsiders to gather them? What were the limitations on the Regent's abilities? Was it a test? Did it have something to do with her actual plan? A lot of questions which arrived all at the same time, but Itori wasn't sure whether she'd be able to find all the answers that she wanted. One thing was certain though: the plan of everyone refusing to cooperate with the Regent was too optimistic, since there were going to be people who valued their own lives too much, or who cared too much for someone else trapped in this world, or who figured they could take advantage of the situation. Convincing them all that they should potentially sacrifice themselves to protect the world of Earthland was unrealistic, even with Itori's enchanting voice to help her. Even if she reminded them that there was no reason that the Regent couldn't employ their aid and get rid of them afterwards anyway. How trustworthy was this Regent of the Night, anyway? Itori didn't know of her, she didn't know any stories which told her whether she was known to keep her world or if she just lured those who helped her into their untimely demise once they were no longer of use to her.

For now, though, it would be best if she tried to help those she could help, and if possible gather some of those candies so at least the Regent wouldn't come after her personally. She'd also help others find the candies if possible, but Itori wasn't quite so utterly selfless that she'd refuse to at least try to improve her own odds of survival as long as it didn't mean condemning others to a miserable end. With the darkness and the chandeliers having disappeared (along with the bodies of the fallen) Itori's expression remained grim, turning back towards Grema and Sol only to see that Sol was already departing to find the candies. She wasn't surprised: she knew that Sol wasn't the kind of person who would heroically defy the Regent, especially when he had no reason to believe that it would result in anything but his own demise. She didn't blame him, instead nodding and bowing towards him. "I wish you good luck in this world. I hope we can all return to Earthland safely." At least it looked like Sol wouldn't have an issue in this world: someone with the ability to use darkness would almost certainly thrive in this kind of situation. Grema, however...

Itori didn't know what Grema was capable of when it came to combat, but for now she herself had to focus on the more peaceful part of this entire scenario: healing. She turned towards the mechanical girl and bowed once more, a bit more deeply to help bring across the sincerity of the apology that accompanied the bow. "I fear I must attend to the wounded. If you wish to accompany I won't mind, but if you would rather prioritize gathering as many of those candies as possible I'll have to apologize. I'll head out after I've healed those who I can heal. I wish you good fortune, and that we both survive this night together with everyone else." Well, everyone who hadn't been crushed by the chandelier already. The Regent claimed that she could bring those back who had already died, as long as her demands were met. That made it obvious why she had killed them in the first place: she wanted hostages, wanted those in the ballroom to be desperate to appease her. Itori didn't doubt that she was capable of it, since in this world she could very well have the power to hold onto the souls of those who died, and if she had taken their bodies as well it could be as simple as her repairing the bodies and putting the souls back in. As difficult as it was in reality the process itself was actually relatively easy, so someone as powerful as the Regent of the Night might be able to pull it off.

Looking around the ballroom Itori spotted someone who looked like she could benefit from her healing abilities: the woman with white hair and ears similar to Itori's own, who was at the entrance of the now open gates. It looked like she was waiting for something, or simply was trying to deal with the fact that her hand was in a nasty state. It certainly looked very unpleasant, so Itori hastened over to Leila's side, smiling gently even as she showed plenty of concern for the woman. "My apologies for intruding, but I believe it would be better if I helped you with that hand before you went out. I understand the desire to quickly get away from this place, but our chances of survival would go up significantly if we prioritized care and caution over haste." She didn't want to sound chastising, but she did hope she could convince Leila to let her heal her hand before she'd go out into that dark world to hunt for those candies. "We do not know how strong the entities wandering outside are, after all. So, would you indulge me and allow me to take a look at your hand? I promise it won't take too long to restore it to a usable state." Itori might not be the strongest healer around, but she was still quite capable, especially if she had the time to focus on the wound.

Should Leila accept Itori's offer of healing the Kitsune would nod and gently take Leila's arm, holding it up so she could see the damage from up close. Holding one hand above the wound she'd concentrate, a spiritual energy spreading from her hand to cover Leila's, at which point Leila would feel a soothing sensation as Itori's magic shut off her sense of pain and replaced it with a more positive sensation so the Kitsune could repair the wound without leaving Leila screaming in agony. Healing wounds at high speed was actually quite the unpleasant experience, which was why practically every healing spell ever invented had that feel-good portion included so the patients didn't die from shock or leave traumatized. As the spirit energy suffused Leila's hand Itori also used her other hand to put the broken bones back in place, after which the bones would slowly begin to mend even as nerves regrew, veins reattached and flesh melded back together. It would take a minute or so for the healing process to complete, since Itori was being careful and thorough, but once the broken skin had been smoothed over and made whole once more Leila's hand would be back in a functional state, where as an added bonus it wouldn't leave her in agony either.

Should Leila refuse Itori's offer, however, the Kitsune would nod, accepting the girl's decision even if she herself wouldn't have chosen the same... unless Leila had reason to distrust Itori specifically. Should Leila have decided against being healed Itori would instead turn back towards the rest of the ballroom and say in a loud voice, not shouting but making sure she was being heard: "I can heal anyone who got hurt, so if you require the services of a healer please alert me. I can't heal everyone at the same time, so if there are any other healers present I'd ask of them to help out as well, but I'll do my best to help as many of you as possible. The more we work together the more likely we are to get out of this alive." Itori wasn't using her enchanting voice, instead suppressing it to its usual form where it was very pleasant to listen to but not supernaturally compelling. She did hope that people would listen though: she would hate to see lives lost because of a lack of proper communication and cooperation, and Itori was sure that working together was the key to success here. It usually was, honestly.

tl;dr: Itori is either a) healing Leila's arm/hand at the entrance, or b) waiting for people with wounds to alert her so she can heal them.

@Grema Fen
    @Sol
    @Leila Vergious

CANDY CORN GALA • sitewide social gathering - Page 4 HdAc9DB
    Akeya
    Akeya

Twilight Dragon

Twilight Dragon

Dragon VIP Status- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Dragon Slayer- Rich- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : Hic Sunt Dracones
    Guild : Fairy Tail (Ace)
    Mentor : Whedalsin
    Experience : 1,093,688

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Twilight Dragon Magic
    Second Magic: Twilight Dragon Magic
    Third Magic: Twilight Dragon Magic

Post by Akeya 22nd October 2017, 8:14 am

It looked like she had managed to get Jiyu to safety without any issues, which was good. Well, no big issues, at any rate: it looked like Jiyu had injured her knee in the process, which would have been surprising if it wasn't for Akeya knowing that Jiyu could get her knee injured by so much as being bumped into. She had to admit that sometimes she really wondered how the girl could even move about. Even if she used her wind magic to float rather than walk, wouldn't the force of the wind be enough to bruise her skin? Maybe because it was her own magic it didn't affect her as much, but even so Akeya had to wonder how Jiyu had managed to become strong enough a mage that in terms of raw magic power she exceeded Akeya herself. Granted, Akeya had always been the type to focus on skill and utility rather than raw power, but she was still a dragonkin, so her raw power wasn't something to sneeze at.

Well, that aside, the knee shouldn't be too much of an issue. It might have been if Jiyu needed it for moving about, but honestly once you got to the point of using flight as your main method of transportation legs became less and less important and kind of ended up being useless lumps of flesh and bones. Not that she wouldn't advise Jiyu to get herself a healer if possible, but at least it wasn't a very high priority, compared to all the other things that they would have to do. Which included: figuring out what the Regent of the Night exactly was, figuring out what the World of Eternal Darkness exactly was, figuring out what the Night of Eternal Darkness exactly was, and figuring out whether allowing the Regent of the Night to bring about the Night of Eternal Darkness would be a good or a bad thing for the people living in Earthland.

Of course the initial guess was that it wouldn't be a good thing, but Akeya preferred to be certain instead of relying on the instinctive feeling that darkness was evil. Granted, she herself could also be considered evil, but for Akeya darkness on itself wasn't evil or even detrimental. Her main objection at this point was really more that this Night of Eternal Darkness could cause too much trouble in Earthland for it to be worth everything being smothered in darkness. Earthland was, after all, a world which was more closely tied to the realm of light than the realm of darkness, and as interesting as it would be to snuff out the light and let darkness stake its claim, a world which originally belonged more to the light might not react too well to being taken over by the darkness instead. Akeya might not be bothered by the darkness, but Earthland itself could make her regret the Night of Eternal Darkness depending on what the Night exactly was and how it would interact with Earthland.

Also, there was the whole issue that she wasn't exactly fond of this Regent of the Night. She understood why she did what she did, and that it made sense considering her supposed objective, but she couldn't really bring herself to really like anyone who would cover an entire ballroom in darkness and then would prevent her making complete use of that darkness. Akeya had been able to use enough of the darkness to pull some people out of the way of the falling chandelier, but she had still been aware that the dark smog that had covered the room had been outside of her jurisdiction. Just like the rest of the ballroom seemed to be outside of the control of any of the mages in it. That did give some serious credence to this instead being an alternate realm, where the Regent had full control. Unfortunate as that was, as that still meant that at least for now Akeya would have to go along with the Regent's wishes and start gathering those candies. Although that did make her think of another reason to not be too eager about this Night of Eternal Darkness... It seemed the Regent was capable of producing darkness that Akeya couldn't control, at least not in any effective quantities. If the Night of the Eternal Darkness covered Earthland in darkness she couldn't control either... Akeya actually bared her fangs at that thought. It looked like she might have to find a way to get rid of this Regent just to make sure that potential future wouldn't happen. She could accept many things, but she wasn't going to let some upstart gothic girl cover Earthland in darkness and not allow her to make full use of that.

But this plan would require several steps. The first step was to make sure that everyone in the ballroom was ready to get to work. At least, those who weren't dead or so badly hurt they couldn't recover in time. Akeya had already done her best in that aspect, since she wasn't an orator and didn't want to be one. She had saved as many lives as she could, so as long as these people knew how to get the job done that should be enough that they could keep themselves alive. Their lives were of no real importance to Akeya, but their abilities might be of some use if they were capable of keeping themselves alive. Not a guarantee, and Akeya allowed herself to remain pessimistic, but at the very least she wasn't going to kill people at random just because she couldn't think of any use of them in the here and now. People who proclaimed themselves as uncaring of life but who then went to go and kill people at random always gave Akeya a fake feeling. If they really didn't care, why didn't they just do their own thing and left the lives of others alone unless those lives got in their way? If you really didn't care about the value of life you wouldn't kill at random, you'd just consider murder a valid option as long as it accomplished your actual objectives.

Next step was to take care of Jiyu. Akeya could have been called a sociopath for the way that her mind did not register of lives of others as important, where it not for one fact: she could still care about individuals, and she wasn't above feeling strong emotions (granted, most of the time she was cold as ice in the emotional department, but that more meant that her emotions were subdued than that she actually lacked them). Even love was something she could experience, although that wasn't what motivated her to help Jiyu. Even if she didn't consider life to have inherent value individuals could still make her prefer them alive over dead, and during that one mission in Rose Garden Akeya might have been annoyed by Jiyu at times, but the girl had also been able to grant her some interesting insight, and troublesome as her frailty was she had been of help back then. Since Akeya's value of life wasn't either positive or negative, just neutral, a slight nudge to the side of positive was already enough that she'd at least put more effort into keeping Jiyu alive than others. In general Akeya tended to put more effort into helping people she'd met before and worked together with before.

Unfortunately it looked like Akeya had discovered a weakness of Jiyu, which might have been interesting to know at other times but which this time around could be a major issue. With the way that Jiyu was screaming, crying and curling up, Akeya was pretty sure that it wasn't just the threat of the Regent that was making her behave like this, especially since the screaming had started before the Regent had even shown up, or the chandelier had hit the ground. If Jiyu was afraid of the darkness that would be a useful weapon for Akeya should she have to deal with Jiyu in the future, but right now it meant that Jiyu was one of the weakest in the entire ballroom, as they were quite literally surrounded by a world of darkness right now. If she went outside she'd be traumatized, which would reduce her ability to hunt down the sprites for candies to practically zero. She'd have to think of a way to deal with that issue as well... With some luck the Regent would be willing to accept it if people shared their candies. Although the Regent's wording actually hadn't made it clear whether she would punish every single individual who failed or if this was meant to be a collective effort, where if enough candies were gathered it didn't matter if one person gathered half of them and another gathered none. Worth thinking about, but maybe not worth risking Jiyu's life over... Although she wasn't sure how Jiyu could gather candies in a world made of something she seemed to be dreadfully afraid of.

"Yes, it's me." Akeya wasn't very good at being supportive, but at the very least she could try to not glare at Jiyu too much. She wouldn't be of much use if Akeya's inherently intimidating behaviour managed to get to her now that the darkness had stripped away her mental defences and kept her in a state of fear. "The Regent didn't say whether we need enough candies collectively or individually, but I think it would be safer to assume you should at least gather some candies. Which might become difficult for you, seeing your apparent fear of the darkness." Akeya crouched and carefully picked Jiyu up, making sure to not bruise the frail girl with her scaled claws. "You can't overcome a fear like that within minutes, so we'll have to think of another way to bypass it. You could try bringing a light into the dark world, or we could try luring some of those Evening Sprites into the room... Although I doubt that they'd willingly enter such a bright place." Akeya held Jiyu up, her claws covered in a layer of semi-materialized shadow so her scales wouldn't scrape across Jiyu's brittle skin. The dragoness looked around as she considered the ideas, wondering if there was someone in here who could help... Her eyes fell on the white-haired girl who had walked away from Jiyu when Jiyu had asked Aiyana to help cover her. Just because Akeya didn't get along with people and was by nature a loner didn't mean she couldn't get some understanding through constant observation, and she had the feeling that the white-haired girl would do a good job protecting Jiyu.

"I'll be moving you again in five seconds. Do not be alarmed. If it helps, close your eyes and imagine it's a blanket or whatever it is you'd use to cover yourself at night." Being gentle was really difficult. Akeya couldn't imagine for the life of her how people could do it so naturally when for her it took a lot of effort just not to drill a hole in Jiyu's eyes with her own emerald draconic gaze. Regardless, as long as Jiyu was paying attention she should be fine, so after counting five seconds out loud so Jiyu knew when it'd happen Akeya covered herself and Jiyu with shadows, disappearing and after about a second reappearing near the entrance of the ballroom, although a bit to the side so Jiyu wouldn't be staring straight into the infinite darkness beyond. She also was now close by Leila, Akeya pointing at her with her tail before pointing at Jiyu. "Considering your behaviour towards this one I believe you'll take care of her. She appears to be afraid of the dark, so sending her outside would be of little use. At best she'd do little, at worst she'd hinder others as they'd have to protect her while she panicked. Instead I suggest you keep an eye on her while I go out and gather those candies. If the Evening Sprites treasure them I should be able to lure them back to here once I've got enough candies, so you and she can also get your share. I do not know if the Regent demands an adequate offering from every individual or if she just needs a certain amount, but since I prefer her alive over dead I think it's better not to take the risk. Any objections?"

The fact that Akeya was still holding Jiyu up in the air with the shadow padding around her claws to prevent Jiyu being injured by the floor, walls, or basically every other solid object out there could be considered humorous, considering Akeya's height and the way that she was holding Jiyu up more like a doll than a person. Trying to help or not, Akeya still had some issue with not treating someone as small and fragile as Jiyu as a kind of pet.

@Jiyu Kazehime
    @Leila Vergious

tl;dr: shadow stepped Jiyu over to the entrance, asking Leila to keep eye on Jiyu

CANDY CORN GALA • sitewide social gathering - Page 4 Akeya2
    Between the Sun and the Moon, where it is neither Day nor Night, the Dragon of Twilight sleeps.

Character|Magic

Current date/time is 28th March 2024, 7:44 am