Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

There's More To The Shadows Than Just Darkness

Aura
    Aura

Moderator- Mythical VIP Status- Knight VIP Status- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Dragon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- Haiku Contest Participant- Lineage Making Contest Participant- Rich- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 3rd Place Event/Contest Winner- Player 
    Lineage : Gingerbread Man
    Position : None
    Guild : Sabertooth 《Guildmaster》
    Cosmic Coins : 400
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 60,342

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Fires of Creation
    Second Magic: The Riyenas
    Third Magic:

There's More To The Shadows Than Just Darkness Empty There's More To The Shadows Than Just Darkness

Post by Aura 14th August 2017, 6:35 pm

The smell of salted water had become a regularity in the time that had passed since she set out on this journey to find herself again. Kenna, having grown weary of constantly remaining within the guild’s grounds solely because of the fact that she didn’t dare go out alone and face human company, had taken it upon herself to find what it was she stood for. The things she’d forgotten, the things she wished to remember and the things she wished to erase from her memory; the maiden knew she had to face them. Just not here. Not here where she knew sanity was a necessity; not where people would recognise the sigil she wore. In this state she didn’t want people to look upon the measly heap of human she was and link it to Sabertooth. It was then that she’d decided to go somewhere far away, where nature reigned and the light did not reach as strongly. A place where she could drown in literal darkness and find her light again, be it by a mental quest of the heart or by fighting the myths that roamed the lands. The Etherborn’s destination; Shadow Island. Never had she heard of it before, nor read or seen it on any map, yet a lucky throw on where to go had made the location known to her. Only once she knew the name did she find about the island’s whereabouts, its history and stories, sparking the smallest of curiosities as to what was hidden there. Only a small sense of curiosity though; no more did her mind allow her, having unconsciously locked the sensation away by covering it with grief. So her mind was made up after another few sleepless nights to make this journey. However this time Kenna ordered her demonic protector to remain at home, much against Avide’s displeasure. Obeying her orders however he did, not wishing to upset his master on this journey of the mind. The fact that she chose to take her Church Grim companion Gramr with her however bothered the demon greatly, forcing him to swallow a bitter pill as they went on their way.

At this point in time they were but hours away from the island according to the skipper, with the sea finally having calmed down enough to allow for strolls on the ship’s fore. Trying to kill some time most passengers, who were so few they could easily be counted on one hand, decided to stretch their legs and take a walk. Kenna, having covered her typical red clothing underneath a beige cloak with hood, mindlessly walked towards the bow with her Church Grim in tow, and stared off at the dark sea in front of the ship. A rugged wave smashed into the bow as the ship skipped over the previous wave, making the water splash up high above the ravenhaired woman. Drops of salted water remained within her hair, dotted like pearls adorning a wealthy woman’s neck, giving her a somewhat more gentle appearance than her recent gloomy mood had given her at first. Gramr sat down beside his master and conveyed his thoughts telepathically as he observed the working sailors on deck. ”Kenna… you’ve been acting weird lately. And I mean weirder than normal, or even considering the situation. What’s wrong?” He said, flicking its tail against the wooden flooring underneath him. ”Nothing you should worry yourself about, Gramr.” The oversized hound let out a muffled growl loud enough for him to hear, followed by a mental snicker. ”Mhm. That won’t work with me, so spill your thoughts for me kid.” His tone was surprisingly dark and demanding, even his choice of words, calling her ‘kid’ was something he’d normally never do. Hell, if she had to admit she actually felt a bit intimidated by him, despite the fact Gramr wasn’t able to physically hurt people in any way. ”Just… that I don’t know what I’m looking for exactly. Or how I will find it. I really don’t know.”. ”Then don’t bother worrying about it. If you don’t know what you’re searching for, then let it find you instead. That’s how this world works, doesn’t it?” The Etherborn nodded and sighed. ”Perhaps you’re right, but until then I won’t be letting my guard down.” ”Wasn’t expecting you to do so either.” Gramr growled amusingly, bumping into his master’s legs. ”Now give me one of those lovely gloomy smiles of yours Kenna. Smiiiiiile~” Kenna looked at the hound’s face trying to smile and bumped him back, silently whispering ”Idiot.” as she kept her eyes pinned at something in the distance; the tiny black dot that started growing on the horizon.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

When the ship finally docked and gave both the Etherborn and her companion solid ground under their feet none of the twosome could’ve been more happy. After a moment of relief Kenna paid the man for their passage, and made arrangements for trips back to the mainland. It seemed that he would remain on the island for a while longer, meeting up with fellow traders and merchants in these waters. She would be most welcome to return with them were she to return from her business before they left. Thanking the man for his services, Kenna took her own bag with her and went on her way, unknowing where fate would lead her this time.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

And be she but Small,
    she is Fierce

There's More To The Shadows Than Just Darkness GWsGXSQ

.:} The Road of Desire |Fire Dragon Slayer | Kenna Terrynhain {:.
    .:} The Nightmare in Your Head | Avide - Combat Pet {:.

D~4 ||C~4 ||B~2 ||A~ ||S~

Slots: 4/6

Hania
    Hania

Demonically Bound

Demonically Bound

Developer/GFX Artist- Demon VIP Status- Dragon VIP Status- Knight VIP Status- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Have Seijin On Your Friends List- Player 
    Lineage : Warrior of Steel
    Guild : Rune Knights
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Experience : 206,450

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Requiem
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

There's More To The Shadows Than Just Darkness Empty Re: There's More To The Shadows Than Just Darkness

Post by Hania 15th August 2017, 5:19 am

It had only been a few months since he left home and it was already taking it's toll on the white haired youth mentally so it had been decided he would return home for a few weeks. He would have happily stayed at home in the first place but he was told by one of his parents it was time that he started his journey as he had learned everything that he could where he was, it of course had been the beginning of a week long heated argument were a middle ground had been decided. They decided that he could leave home for a year and if he hadn't found a place he could fit in he would return home without argument, normally he would have argued with them about such a thing but part of him wanted to see outside of his safe and isolated little bubble. He was kind of regretted the decision after a week away if he had to be honest with himself "Last time I purified was hm... forty-two sleeps ago" he said as if he was answering a question from an unseen force "I guess your right, it's over due." he scratched his head a little and bowed "I know I have no right to ask this of any of you, but I must... there is no other option, I need your help" he said his voice sounding saddened.

Standing his flowing white silk hanfu with sky blue hems seen fully, his hair tied back neatly within a lotus shaped glowing like thing appearing on his head, his moon blue eyes with white golden writing within them, he wasn't allowed to wear the things he did on Fiore "I hate doing this to them you know" he said almost scolding himself as he moved into a kneeling bowed position he felt so foolish but he knew if he didn't do it then the darkness could start seeping out and he didn't want that. After a moment he sat straight his hands going to his knees a harmony of female voices heart "Whether it's only because I am here or all of the the things I've endured" his voice clear as he began to sing out into the forest. "The pain in my heart cries in pain" a harmony of unseen voices seem to sing back to him. "I know if I were ever to be freed, these feelings would always linger" he sang back to the voice almost as if it was a strange two way conversation "What is it like to feel joy?" they sang back "The lives of the suffering, so fragile, they're drifting away..." he and the voices sang in unison. "Fate beckons those suffering" two female voices sang separate from the rest "Is there even a god who exists somewhere?" Advent sang starting to get up in a graceful movement his hands gentle and elegant as they moved "Are we born only to die?" a male voice sang out.

His movements seemed to remain graceful, calm, gentle as he now started to dance every movement seemed deliberate and precise in it's placement "I will break the through, this lie of a pure blue sky..." he sang "driven solely by this loathing I feel inside" he continued if a person was to look close enough they would be able to see the tears that were moving down his cheeks as he continued. He hated doing this, he felt things leaving himself slowly but that meant those he had been speaking to around him would be taking it ad he felt like a horrible person but what was the alternative? He didn't want to think or look at that darkened path fearing were it would eventually lead him.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

There's More To The Shadows Than Just Darkness 59875_s

True sins are the ones that you cannot atone for.
    Golden Lacrima: Valid until December 8th 2019
    Aura
    Aura

Moderator- Mythical VIP Status- Knight VIP Status- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Dragon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- Haiku Contest Participant- Lineage Making Contest Participant- Rich- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 3rd Place Event/Contest Winner- Player 
    Lineage : Gingerbread Man
    Guild : Sabertooth 《Guildmaster》
    Cosmic Coins : 400
    Experience : 60,342

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Fires of Creation
    Second Magic: The Riyenas
    Third Magic:

There's More To The Shadows Than Just Darkness Empty Re: There's More To The Shadows Than Just Darkness

Post by Aura 27th August 2017, 7:13 pm

The sound of song suddenly piercing the eerie silence of the shadows caused the Etherborn to halt her travelling. First not having noticed it was song, Kenna remained still, with Gramr next to her just as frozen as his master, both awaiting for the next to come. A silent breeze passed them by, carrying as faintly as a whisper with it she could not understand. But the singing voice again spoke out, this time more audible than before, meaning whomever was singing was getting closer. "Is there even a god who exists somewhere?" The voice sang shortly, then silenced, as if it was hoping for something to reply to his question. Kenna did not hear anyone or anything returning something she could understand to be a reply to the singing voice, but apparently something had done so, for after a brief silence the words spoken fell within her reach. The Etherborn frowned as he replied in turn to the silence of the forest that followed after the deep manly voice. "I will break the through, this lie of a pure blue sky... driven solely by this loathing I feel inside" The ravenhaired maiden remained silent and took in the singing voice yet again; youthful, gentle and calming... yet somehow what he sang felt saddening. She couldn't help but share in this person's hidden sadness even though she had even yet to lay eyes on the man. At least, so she presumed. His voice was soft and docile enough to be of a youthful lad about to become a man, but just as well could belong to a man of youthful standards. Or perhaps a woman. She knew not, and had only one way to find out...

Her head turned swiftly, eyes keen and alert as if stung by a bee as the wind carried another set of whispers with it, be it this time she could hear them properly. Even Gramr snorted and growled softly at the wind, mumbling things in a language so ancient she could not understand it. ">We should... ugh, I know this isn't a good idea, but I wanna go there where the voice came from." Kenna said telepathically as she finally shuffled her feet forward again, making a gentle turn to the east and carefully peered through the thicket and bushes before her. Just in case her judgement had gone the wrong way and she was about to walk into an enemy trap. That is... if the enemy was a youthful boy with flowing pale hair in an oriental attire of sorts. Her hands hesitated somewhere halfway pushing the flora aside that was keeping the youth hidden from her golden-colored eyes. The sudden sparkle on his face made her blink, and she stepped out of the thicket, Gramr soundlessly following in her wake. He stared at the youth, careful but not hostile, unlike he did with other people. Kenna herself however did not know how to act in front of the kid. He seemed younger than her, and for some reason her heart made her feel odd, as if the Barbardium shard inside was vibrating inside of it. It made her anxious, but the sparkles on his face she'd just made out to be tears somehow overthrew those emotions. She did not step forward, but remained there. In sight, but not close enough to be intruding on his personal space. "Those... that...," she uttered before silencing again, be it only briefly. "Does this life make you cry as well?" She then blurted out. No reason as to why, but it was what she wanted to say. However odd it may have sounded coming from a total stranger suddenly popping up out of nowhere.

And be she but Small,
    she is Fierce

There's More To The Shadows Than Just Darkness GWsGXSQ

.:} The Road of Desire |Fire Dragon Slayer | Kenna Terrynhain {:.
    .:} The Nightmare in Your Head | Avide - Combat Pet {:.

D~4 ||C~4 ||B~2 ||A~ ||S~

Slots: 4/6

Hania
    Hania

Demonically Bound

Demonically Bound

Developer/GFX Artist- Demon VIP Status- Dragon VIP Status- Knight VIP Status- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Have Seijin On Your Friends List- Player 
    Lineage : Warrior of Steel
    Guild : Rune Knights
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Experience : 206,450

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Requiem
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Hania 4th January 2018, 12:41 pm

Advent continued to dance elegantly his movements precise as it continued, the tone of the spirits around him gentle and calm, however, tears would start falling from his eyes as he did. While he was deal with the purification of his magical corruption, all spirits in the area seemed to blend into one another so he had no idea that there was someone in the bushes watching; but then even if he did he couldn't stop this or he would end up with double the corruption and the attacked by the spirits that where currently helping him. The clear tears turning crimson red before turning black as he remained silent as the other voices continued, though as they where once gentle they began to seemingly turn darker the more he danced, crying and screaming in pain but he didn't stop bit it was clear by the expression on his face he was far from being at piece that what he was doing was taking its toll on him.

Hearing a woman's voice his eye opened for a moment revealing his eyes where an odd colour the iris was a pure moon blue, but there was no pupil but instead golden script starting in on eye and ending in the other as he let out a silent gasp; this made him almost miss a step and was thankful that he didn't. As he continued to weave the voices of those around him the tones started to become calm once more as he closed his eyes eventually stopping and moved to his knees bowing low almost like a midi servant to their superior "Thank you for helping me remain myself a little longer, I won't squander the gift or sacrifice you gave me." he whispered as the song soon ended and he sit up, his head turning to where he had heard the woman's voice before "It's not polite to watch such a ritual, to be honest it's really not right I do such a ritual but I have no choice." he said his head lowering in shame "To answer your question, yes... my existence makes me cry." he answered his voice showed no hints of deceit on such a thing. "Who are you anyway?" he eventually asked while he still had complete clarity.

There's More To The Shadows Than Just Darkness 59875_s

True sins are the ones that you cannot atone for.
    Golden Lacrima: Valid until December 8th 2019

Current date/time is 28th March 2024, 2:06 pm