Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Our Ancestors Had Tails!

Xiao Jing
    Xiao Jing

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Dragon Slayer- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Novice [250]- 1st Place Event/Contest Winner- Player 
    Lineage : Blessed by the Fourth Wall
    Position : None
    Guild : Onyx Moon
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : Tan Zheng✝; Damaris Hopes
    Experience : 650

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Dì Sì Shùnxù [ 2nd Gen ]
    Second Skill: TBA
    Third Skill: TBA

Our Ancestors Had Tails! Empty Our Ancestors Had Tails!

Post by Xiao Jing 28th July 2017, 7:13 am

►   xiao jing
    @No one in particular
    1132/500 words
    For the longest time, Xiao Jing patterned his lifestyle to function with only the bare-minimum, favoring what he needed over what he wanted in an act to survive the cruelties of Desierto and the men who crumbled through its sands. It wasn't that it physically stressed him to adapt to something a little more lax, rather, Jing simply refused to undo his habits, his reasons being nothing than a mere account of laziness.

And it was in that sense did he find his presence in that immeasurably long line of people being that of an intruder, where the excitement lied in the fact that they were getting a sort of...invention that is being handed out free. And while the general consensus of the crowd was to await for their turn in bated breath, Xiao Jing couldn't do much more than style his breaths in the form of drawn-out sigh.

His companion Meilin reflexively pawed out at her master's cloak, perhaps in an attempt to shy his attention away from the dirt that collected on his shoes, look at the brighter side of things as they were - or at the very least, have him realize that he wasn't doing any splurging by any means.

"Jinnnggggg," she said, "Don't you like free things?"

The ginger made a face of surprise, clearly in his own reverie a few seconds prior, "Ehh, ahh...I do, I do." he said, gingerly scratching the surface of his cheek, "But this still feels like I'm going against my precious morals, you know?"

Meilin involuntarily tipped her witch hat, hiding the sneer that began to develop, tickling her whiskers into a snicker. "Morals? That's new coming from the man who blasted cake flour all over that lady back at the noodle shop."

Jing tilted his head toward the exceed as she balanced her nearly non-existent weight atop his shoulder, his face stretched into an indifferent smile, "Hmm~? Her? Nah, I'm a regular there, she shouldn't have given me the sour face when I paid it off with the discount."

Having known Meilin for a significant amount of time, it was more than an assertive guess that the flow of words would end up into a taunting war of who'd lose their chill first, and to withhold whatever sassy comment the exceed would come up next and the actual fight between them ensuing, he opted to weave a cleverly timed distraction. To mess with her, to put it simply, and to put it more selfishly...

'What a boring line...'

Xiao Jing took the liberty of following the line as best as he could, and truly, the itch that coaxed him to do something stupid was only being fed by the monotony of the formation. Droning out the insistent babble coming from Meilin, he craned his beck to a certain degree, and, upon realizing that there were only several heads until he obtained whatever item they were lining for, the ginger quietly dug through the confines of his pockets, fingers curling over a very familiar cylindrical object.

"Hey Meimei, let me ask you, what's worse than getting a lungful of cake flour?"

A fine brow crinkles over Meilin's tiny forehead, "I dun' know, why're you asking me?"

Jing raises a finger over his lips, which was now a devious grin with the way his teeth shone, "Because I want you to cover your nose~" he whispered.

"Eh?"

By the time the sun made the object in Jing's had known to the world as one of his party bombs, both the cat and the crowds were inhaling a generous amount of pink smoke, a coughing fit ensuing from the subsequent row of people as they gave into the strong...cherry smell?

"What did you put into this stuff?!" came a scream from his left shoulder, claws clinging to his clothes as he made a run for the end of the line. The shock factor was visibly plastered on the crew men who worked for the company, where their pasty white expressions made it easier for the ginger to make out the iLacs that littered an office table near the factory gate.

"I never reveal my secret recipes in public Meimei!" he said, bounding through the wreckage of his own doing with juvenile steps, hopping from space to space in between collapsed trend-followers. "I did tell you to cover your nose, its some pretty strong perfume."

"And you're immune to this...why?!"

As the ginger blatantly ignores whatever reaction his exceed gave him at that particular moment, Jing immediately decided against the idea of showing his face through the smoke, lest the fugs put something new unto his record. Though he was sure that he'd never have another reason to drop by the city that basically robs him of his magic, he also wanted to make sure that there wasn't anything that'd have him stay - and hiding in some dingy, magic-less inn until the mess died over was not his type of game.

"I'll take this, thanks!" he said as he scooped up one of the spare iLacs that was promptly left unguarded courtesy of the on-going chaos, his hand pushing through the thickness of the pink smoke quickly enough to evade any guards that might've saw him coming.

The men at the table visibly gawked at his figure as his hand retreated into the fog. They attempted to squint to better recognize the face, only to realize that the mysterious trouble-maker left in the heat of the moment, now that the smoke quickly dispersed and scattered, revealing more than a few people with their eyes dazed and their noses runny.

- - - -

Amidst the confusion, a single shadow managed to swivel his way through the tall shadows of the skyscrapers and into safety, panting heavily as he surveyed his newly obtained toy by buzzing through its contents, somehow satisfied with the achievement of creating a little hysteria over this so heavily coveted iLac. At his shoulder, a cat seemed to breathe in and out with him, though their rhythm was horribly out of sync.

"...That...was...so you..." Meilin mewed, half amazed, half-complaining.

Jing, on the other hand, was visibly energized from the stunt, eyes glossed over with an excitement so befitting for his character. The exceed could only pass a brief huff of amusement as her master thoroughly enjoyed the act of regaining his breath - a reminder that he ran that day, and whenever he did, something ought to have happened prior.

The ginger raised his item to his eyes, its weight catching him off guard, but nonetheless further enhanced the fact that it was a 'prize' from what he managed to do.

'Now, what to do with you...' he thought, the gears in his brain rotating at an ever scheming pace.
    Made by Siren of GS and THQ

_____________________________________________________________________________________

#ff6600 (Jing) ● #ff3300 (Marco) ● #ff9900 (Rory) ● #9933cc (Pet)
    Our Ancestors Had Tails! 4912O3Uu_o
    CHARACTER ● MAGIC ● THEME ● BANK

Current date/time is 18th April 2024, 9:34 pm