Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Parallels {Social, Private}

Will Carter
    Will Carter

1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Monkey Kings Descent
    Position : None
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 0

Parallels {Social, Private} Empty Parallels {Social, Private}

Post by Will Carter 29th June 2017, 10:40 pm

It hadn't been that long since Maxwell awoke in the heart of Savage Skull's guild hall, finding himself in an entirely different world. He had potential here, with 'their' help he could become one of the biggest threats this world knew. Not without practice of course, here his magic may be much stronger than it was in his world but it was entirely different. It wasn't fueled by an artifical object, this world had magic woven in the fabric of its very existence. Like all the magi in Fiore, Maxwell drew from this magic for his own use.

Maxwell had already witnessed an astonishing amount of magical variety. In his world there was just magic created by nightmare fuel, simple dark magical items that could be formed with basic objects. Maxwell knew that knowledge is power, so he was intent on delving as deep as he could into this worlds magical history. His research started in the ancient ruins, where a plethora of ancient knowlege awaited him. He was here as he old alter ego, William Carter. Dressed in a simple black suit, and round glasses "William" explored the ruis with the Codex Umbra hanging from his belt by a chain.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Parallels {Social, Private} Tumblr_os3jk5j9KS1tckh3so2_540
    Parallels {Social, Private} Tumblr_os3jk5j9KS1tckh3so3_540

D - 0 / C - 0 / B - 0 / A - 0 / S - 0 / SS - 0 / 10Y - 0 / 100Y - 0
    'I was a king once, you know.'

King Zenshin
    King Zenshin

The judge

The judge

Moderator- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- S-Rank- A-Rank- Halloween job event participant - Rich- Veteran Level 6- Veteran Level 5- Veteran Level 4- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 2nd Place Event/Contest Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Hero- Summer Special Participant- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Aspect of Neptune
    Guild : N/A
    Cosmic Coins : 25
    Dungeon Tokens : 9
    Experience : 263,160

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Knight of Space
    Second Skill: Paladin's Armaments
    Third Skill:

Parallels {Social, Private} Empty Re: Parallels {Social, Private}

Post by King Zenshin 30th June 2017, 12:50 am

The farmers had told him about the book, though not nearly enough to satiate his hunger for what was written inside. Zenshin had realized that one lesson it meant to teach him was one regarding the nature of his magic, how he could recreate objects not only as they existed originally, but rather as they existed in his imagination. Armed with that knowledge, he could now use his magic. However, there was still the mystery of this tome of his. Never before had he known of a holder type magical item taking the form of a book - especially not a book whose knowledge was deemed dangerous. While he was sure these kinds of conduits existed, he needed to be sure - he needed a mage who used exactly what he had. To this end, he found himself in the Ancient Ruins in search of the mage whose magic was described to be based around the use of a book. Additionally, he somehow felt as though the Ancient Ruins was a great place to look. What Zenshin perceived to be his instincts felt very good about finding the book mage in this old place.

Could he be an archaeologist? There aren't many reasons to come to the Ancient Ruins beyond expanding your knowledge of history he thought, making his way through the decrepit stone archways that have long since collapsed. "Hello? Is anyone here?" he asked aloud, hoping his question would be heard by more than just the mossy stones sitting in time. Zenshin certainly wasn't well versed in stones, but just a glace told him that these weathered rocks have been standing for at least two thousand years. I can feel the old magic permeating this environment. Could that be why he's here? Well, I don't even know if he's here and I'm already trying to profile him. I walked all the way out here on a rumor and a hunch. Still... he thought while moving forward, deciding to take out his tome. The cover had changed to a simple and flat one at some point, but that wasn't exactly what caught the Sabertooth mage's attention. No, what caught his attention was the fact that he was glowing and opened itself in his hands to a random pair of pages which he could not, for the most part, understand. The only word he could decipher from this bizarre language was the word "ahead." Who am I to argue with a magical book?

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Missions Completed
    100 Year: 1
    10 Year: 1
    S-Ranked: 1
    A-Ranked: 4
    B-Ranked: 4
    D-Ranked: 3
    Event Experience: 57,562.5
    Dungeon Experience: 2,325
    Total Experience: 263,160

Character / Vincent Gauss
    Primary Magic / Knight of Space
    Secondary Magic / Paladin's Armaments
    History & Notebook | Bank
    Golden Lacrima | Expires 7/9/2019
    Will Carter
    Will Carter

Post by Will Carter 1st July 2017, 9:50 pm

Maxwell could feel that same force that he felt when he first arrived in this world. A powerful, infinite force in the air and ground everywhere he went. He was told by the member of the guild Savage Skull that this force was magic. Not the magic from his world, Maxwell had guessed, but something entirely different. It was everywhere he went, he couldn't go anywhere without it. As he explored these ruins, hoping to find out more about this magic he only opened up more questions. He had been in this world long enough to learn that people all had their own magic. Almost everyone wielded unique magic, from maker magic to the powerful slayer magics, Maxwell knew that the people of this world were more powerful that he ever could have imagined.

'There's someone there.' Echoed 'their' voices in Maxwells head. 'Yes I know, I may have to listen to you all the time but that hasn't made me deaf yet.' Maxwell replied. He re-adapted his persona of William before the individual could find him. "Hello, who's there? Are you friend or foe?" He asked, making himself sound as innocent as his monotone, base voice could sound. "Show yourself!"

King Zenshin
    King Zenshin

The judge

The judge

Moderator- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- S-Rank- A-Rank- Halloween job event participant - Rich- Veteran Level 6- Veteran Level 5- Veteran Level 4- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 2nd Place Event/Contest Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Hero- Summer Special Participant- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by King Zenshin 1st July 2017, 11:11 pm

From the moment he had arrived in the ruins he could hear a faint whispering in his head in a language he did not understand, a language which he had encountered in a written form within the book he kept with him at all times since he found it. At first, it was so faint that the chirping of the birds and the crickets was enough to drown it out, though as he continued deeper into the ruins they got louder until he was sure that they were real. Despite trying to ignore them, he felt unsettled that his thoughts were invaded. The one place where he could achieve total privacy from the judgment of others was no longer safe, and he hated this. At the very least he could understand a few words - he estimated about one in twenty, but that wasn't enough to allow him to communicate with it nor even understand it.

I was right! Someone's here! Now I hope they know something about this he thought, raising his book overhead to make sure the man could see it. "Hello stranger, I'm Zenshin! I would like to know if you could tell me anything about this" he said to what could only be described as a gentlemen, sure to waste no time in making sure his questions could be answered. The voices in his head were as loud as they'd ever been: slightly louder than a whisper. It seemed as though they really wanted to tell him something though the only words he picked up was "know him." Zenshin certainly didn't know who this classy looking redwood tree of a man was, which naturally brought him to the conclusion that they knew, whatever it is they were. Upon closer inspection, the man who had appeared before him seemed a bit strange, out of place even. He had never seen someone so freakishly tall and thin, nor so well dressed. He was ghostly though he sounded kind enough. All in all, there wasn't enough information for Zenshin to deem the man a threat though there was enough to make him cautious.

Missions Completed

Will Carter
    Will Carter

Post by Will Carter 2nd July 2017, 12:43 am

Maxwell had not once encountered an instance where 'they' would speak to anyone other than those with a direct connection to the Codex Umbra, like Charlie who had helped William Carter use it in his stage act, and an old friend of Maxwell's who had tried to free him of 'their' clutches. An he didn't know now that they were trying to speak with Zenshin. 'Who is this? Who is this? We like him. We like him.' Their distorted voices could no doubt be heard in Zenshins head. But weather or not they could understand their ancient, unfathomable voices. 'Your magic. We know it.' They said, both Maxwell and Zen able to hear. Maxwell didn't dare to respond to 'them' instead focusing on Zenshin.

What 'they' hadn't thought to encounter, was Zenshin already dealing with voices in his head. If he could hear 'them' over the voices he already had, 'they' could not tell. Maxwell examined the book Zenshin held up. It certainly looked like it would be easy to crack open and figure out, but no Maxwell. But 'they' apparently didn't like it at all. Something about it bothered them, Maxwell could hear them hissing in his ear. "Here, let me take a closer look at it. Ill see what I can find." Maxwell said, approaching Zen. There is no doubt that Zen would eventually notice the nearly complete lack of magic in Maxwell's body.

King Zenshin
    King Zenshin

The judge

The judge

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by King Zenshin 2nd July 2017, 1:00 am

He must be powerful or a holder mage was his first thought as he literally looked straight up in order to maintain eye contact with the man. Suddenly, a bad feeling washed over him. Anxiety, paranoia, a mix of the two? He could not be sure. All he could be sure about was that there was a massive monstrosity sitting plainly on top of the ruins towards the left of him and right of his new acquaintance. Zenshin stared wide eyed at this abomination before blinking. Once he did, it was gone. That was no trick of the mind. What was that His body was rigid and frozen in place. At the same time, new voices entered his head - different ones, ones that were much louder than the whispers that he would occasionally hear. They overpowered the ones he was accustomed and additionally he couldn't understand these at all. Once they subsided, the only thing he could understand was a single word from his own demons: Interesting.

He took a deep breath and then exhaled. This was the reason he was here. He knew that his book had to be source of these visual and auditory hallucinations. It wasn't exactly hurting him physically, but rather attacking his very psyche and he needed it to stop or at least have it under control. When the man walked towards him to take the book from him, Zenshin eagerly handed it out. However, he would have a hard time letting go. For some reason, he felt as though the book needed to be on his person at all times and that no one should be trusted with it - no one. Due to having only recently been afflicted by the ill effects of the tome, the Sabertooth mage fought the feeling and would relinquish the book to someone who was seemingly better equipped to handle it. "Anything you would be able to tell me would be a blessing at this point. I have very few options left in the way of finding answers as far as this dammed book is concerned" he lied. He had no options left and even this mysterious, colossal ghost of a mage was a bit of a long shot.

Missions Completed

Will Carter
    Will Carter

Post by Will Carter 2nd July 2017, 1:22 am

Maxwell examined the book carefully. He, at first, had trouble getting it open. But that didn't last long when, with a brief flicker of purple light that was near impossible to see with an untrained eye, the book popped open at Maxwell's command. He could feel them, feel whatever was in this book. 'The book is weak, its spirits are not.' Maxwell thought to himself, flipping through the pages. Detail explinations on spells and magic, all in a language that the average person wouldn't be able to understand. But Maxwell was no average person, and was well versed in many ancient and eldritch languages. This infact, was similar to the language of the ancients in his world- though with enough differences that deciphering the language would take time. After a solid minute of reading, his eyes rapidly scanning page after page, Maxwell extended out an arm. Assumingly out of thin air came a Rose. It seemed in perfect condition until it withered and died in his hand, seemingly turning to stone and crumbling away.

"This book is very, very old. It is relevant to my... studies here." Maxwell said, handing the book back to Zen, "My name is William Carter. I am a researcher, I came from far off lands that much to my disappointment are seemingly unknown here. I must ask where you got this book, it seems so out of place in the hands of someone, if you will excuse me, as average as you." Maxwell said, the red M of the Codex Umbra flashing as he spoke. 'They' were growing impatient with Maxwell, but the dark king kept them impatient for a hundred years before, and he would do it again if he needed to.

Maxwell hadn't intended for 'them' to try and act however. The black inky hands of the Codex Umbra rose behind Zen, but they were forced back down before they could do any harm. 'No, not now. This kid could prove to be useful- besides I don't wan't this entire world after me before I figure out why we're here.' Maxwell argued with 'them' in his mind. To Zen the appearance of those hands would not have been seen, but certainly felt. The chill of nightmares crawling down his spine. Speaking of hands, Maxwell's own were covered in stark white gloves that went under the wrists of his suit, no skin was visible. Strange.

King Zenshin
    King Zenshin

The judge

The judge

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by King Zenshin 2nd July 2017, 1:47 am

Liar... fraud... run The blend of anxiety and paranoia was almost unbearable. Almost. "Nice to meet you William. It's refreshing to finally meet another scholar here in Fiore. Most are uninterested and unappreciative when it comes to pursuits of knowledge. As for where I got this book - well, it's a bit of a story. Instead of boring you with the details, I can tell you that I came across this book in the recesses of a house within a place called the 'cursed lands,' a place that I can safely say is aptly named." he said, finally speaking about his experience for the first time since getting the book. Surely a fellow man of learning wouldn't be so dismissive of his desire of "forbidden" knowledge. Maybe. Until Zenshin was sure he could trust Carter with his breach of magical law in his personal pursuit of knowledge he would keep those details to himself.

Average... that's not something I've been called before. Let's see if I can't change your mind he thought, ready to prove his power by 'scanning' that book hooked onto the man's belt. With his ability, he would be able to ascertain just about everything about the book: its origin, its conception, its printing, its creators, and above all else, its raw essence. He stared intently at the book but could not scan it. "Interesting indeed" he said aloud, remarking on the book just as how those who whispered to him did to those that spoke to him. "I'm sure my book is of interest in your studies. I'm interested in what exactly you are studying. Furthermore, I'm happy to-" he hesitated at the thought of losing the book again. "lend you my book. Though I must ask about that book you have around your belt. You see, I'm normally able to look at an object and understand it completely - provided that object has a sufficiently small magical power. That said, I cannot even tell what the name of that book is which leads me to believe its a bit more than a leather bound notebook." As soon as he finished commenting on the magical power potentially possessed by Carter's book, he felt his sense of paranoia strengthen and instinctively looked behind his shoulder only to see nothing before turning back to face the man before him.

Missions Completed

Will Carter
    Will Carter

Post by Will Carter 2nd July 2017, 3:45 am

Maxwell listened as the man before him explained where he found it. Then Zenshin asked a question Maxwell didn't expect to answer soon. "My studies are simple. I wish to learn the history of magic, where it began, where it will end. Nothing more, nothing less. I figured that these ruins would be a good place to look. As for my book, im afraid that I-" Maxwell said, before 'they' spoke. 'Let him see the book.' The told ol Maxy. "On second thought. Here, see if you can find out what you want to know about it." Maxwell said, pushing his coat to the side and unclipping the chain that held the Codex Umbra to Zen. The boy would't be able to read any of it, that was for sure. But if he touched it, especially if 'they' wanted him to, there is no telling what kind of havoc they would cause in his untrained mind.

'I hope this kid doesn't use his magic on me. He may not be able to tell the history of the Codex Umbra, but that may just be them interfering.' Maxwell thought as the Codex Umbra was handed over. For a brief moment the skin of his arms was visible, the inky black and seemingly endless abyss of a material that made up that very skin. But less than a second later it was recovered by his sleeve.

King Zenshin
    King Zenshin

The judge

The judge

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by King Zenshin 2nd July 2017, 12:28 pm

While of course Zenshin considered using his scanning ability on William, he was still an honor bound member of Sabertooth and thus was not about to invade someone's privacy. Unless Carter somehow proved to be in any way a danger to him or others, Zenshin would refrain from using his power on his new acquaintance. "Thank you. I didn't expect you to let me inspect it." he said, reaching for the simple tome with a plain cover save for the M on the front cover.

All of his instincts were screaming at him not to touch it, not to trust Carter, and to run as fast as he could in the opposite direction - but if he listened to those how would he satiate his curiosity? How would he control the voices of those that created his own book? How would he learn more about them? Communicate with them? Learn from them? All of these questions needed to be answered and if he ran now, they would remain unanswered. William Carter was his best bet to stop whatever forces were currently watching and manipulating him. He was his only means of, if they could not be stopped, controlled to some extent.

He finally grabbed the Codex Umbra, throwing caution to the wind in service of his noble pursuit. Upon touching it, his had felt as thought a knife had been thrown through it and his entire body went cold. He could hear them now better than ever, though he could not understand a word. Zenshin powered through these feelings to open the book, which just made the feelings worse. Instead of knowledge and answers he found only writing that looked similar to that contained within his own book. He couldn't understand a word of it and his scanning ability gave him nothing.

He closed the book, turned around, and threw up. This was the same kind of effect that reading his own book imparted. The mage wiped his mouth and returned the book to William. "Well I couldn't read a word of it. I don't know what I expected, but I did learn something interesting. Your book has its own 'spirits' as you called them. They spoke to me when I first approached you, though I thought they were just mine. When I opened your book they were loud and clear. I would bet that they talk to you too, but interestingly you seem to be unaffected. William, I need to know how you do it. I don't want to know, I need to. I'm losing my mind and for some reason I feel the only way to stop my madness is to understand my own book. If I can't stop its creators, I want to learn about them. I want to know what they wrote, understand their language. Communicate with them even. he pleaded, almost hysterical. It seemed as though the book had given him tunnel vision, for all he could see was William while the world around him was shrouded in darkness.

Missions Completed

Will Carter
    Will Carter

Post by Will Carter 2nd July 2017, 7:21 pm

"Are you sure you want to know how I do it kid? You may not like the answer." Maxwell said. He could see that Zen was blinded to everything but Maxwell, the codex showed him that when it was returned. "Very well then." Maxwell clipped the book back on his belt, and his body was wrapped in black flame. The flames went out just as quickly as they appeared, and Maxwell was left now with a black suit with a rose over his heart, his large coat completely missing.

"When I told you that my name was William Carter, I wasn't telling the whole truth. My name used to be William, over 100 years ago now. I was a stage performer, someone who pretended to do magic in a world that had none. I found the Codex Umbra, or rather it found me, not long after I started my magical acts to astound and stupify under the stage name of Maxwell. One night for the opening act I planned to use the Codex Umbra, i had practiced in its wonders and power but I had no idea what lay in wait. That night that I used this book, I found myself whisked away and pulled into its pages- left floating in an endless black void." Maxwell said, snapping his fingers. To Zen, the world shifted around him. The ground dropped beneath him and everything dissapeared- all but Maxwell. All Zen could see or feel was what Maxwell had felt that day.

"There was nothing. Just dust, the void, and 'them'. They gave me powers, made me a god. But I grew tired of these powers and they grew tired of me." Maxwell continued. "So someone I had brought into their world to toy with, was brought to me to free me from 'them'. That didn't last." Maxwell said, before restoring Zen's senses. "I learned to deal with the senseless muttering of endless voices by dealing with it for 100 years. On hundred years of being dapper, and having a mind of steel. It takes practice, but with enough of it it becomes as easy as reading."

King Zenshin
    King Zenshin

The judge

The judge

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by King Zenshin 2nd July 2017, 9:52 pm

100 years ago? He's at least 100 yet he looks better than most do in their 20s. Then again, with the kind of magic he was exposed to I'm not too surprised that his body hasn't aged he thought before the ground went out from under him and he was left floating in a light-less void. He understood that it was Carter's doing and not some trick of his mind, but this definitely seems like it would be something that he'd hallucinate. William certainly was a showman, changing his outfit and creating this illusion for the purposes of telling a story, leaving Zenshin to float as he had after playing with forces that he too couldn't have hoped to understand at the time. Hmm. Maxwell? Could that be the reason for the M on the front of his book? he thought as he paid close attention to the rest of William's story. Apparently someone had failed at trying to free him. Who were they exactly?

That train of thought was abruptly halted once William revealed how exactly he could discern that eldritch language. A hundred years of unrelenting sanity is how he learned to understand them. Just who is he? I could hardly get through a few weeks of my book's incessant tricks he thought, staring wide eyed at the towering figure as the ground and his senses returned to him. "Practice. Hm. I'll need to pass by a herbalist then, because reading these books makes me terribly nauseous and invokes some of the worst headaches I ever could have imagined. I would be thankful if you would allow me to observe if you translated my book. Also, you never ended your story. You were stuck in a void for a hundred years though you never said how you escaped and found yourself here in Fiore." he said, wanting a conclusion to the tale.

Missions Completed

Will Carter
    Will Carter

Post by Will Carter 2nd July 2017, 11:18 pm

"Very well then, I will tell you." Maxwell said. The area around Zen changed once more- the endless void seemed to have been pushed out much more. Now it looked like he was in a castle, shrouded in darkness. Infact Zen now sat in Maxwell's throne room. "When I got more control of the power they gave me, I made a home for myself. It was still endless darkness, but I had ground and a roof over my head. And that accursed thing." Maxwell said as a phonograph appeared and began to play the ragtime song he dealt with for 100 year of his life. "I didn't make that, they did and let it play for as long as they had me." Maxwell's throne was now infront of Zen, everything about it made it look like it was scribbled using a pencil- strands of dark with thin holes everywhere. Maxwell appeared in the chair once more, as he did when he first sat down. "The moment I had solid ground to stand on, 'they' locked me in this throne. I sat here for 100 years. Eventually i made worlds, toyed with lives and spirits. 5 years ago I managed to draw someone into one of my worlds, and I played with him. But by then, 'they' had long since grown tired of their play thing. When he found the portal to a new world, I changed it... I made it lead to a series of new worlds each more challenging than the last. One where it was eternally night, one where it was always winter. He made it through all of them, but I knew what 'they' wanted. I tried saving him, giving him worlds he could live in and thrive. But he didn't stay, and he eventually made it to my throne room. He unbound me, made them let go. I was free. But as I stood up 100 years caught up with me and I withered and died."

"Then they took him. He was in control. But I still my Codex Umbra, I was still in 'their' world. I don't know whats happened to the man who saved me, but I don't have high hopes for him. As for how I arrived here... That's not something I can answer. I drowned and then woke up here one month ago." Maxwell finished.

King Zenshin
    King Zenshin

The judge

The judge

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by King Zenshin 3rd July 2017, 1:57 am

Once again a story was told in which Zenshin was transported somewhere else- this time he was in William's old 'home'. He looked upon a throne, a throne that had been created for and by William to spend his days in the dark void world. The mage listened to the story of how this castle came to be and how the spirits of the Codex Umbra had trapped William in the throne that he had made. Quite the sense of humor they had... he thought, listening to the rest of the story. Apparently some valiant survivalist bested all of William's sick games until eventually making it to the mastermind. To that stranger, William was god. Instead of enacting vengeance on the king, though, the stranger set him free. Who would turn down the chance to kill god? I wonder what happened to him he thought, moved by the story.

"So you died and were born again in Fiore. Well, despite not being here for long you can safely say you've made an ally of me. If you ever need to explore some dangerous ruins in search of answers regarding the history of magic, I'll be more than willing to assist you. I know I don't look the part, but I know my way around a battlefield. I'd also like to take the chance to invite you to my guild, if you don't have one already. We could use someone as powerful as you to help further our goals" he said, hoping to hear a positive response from who he considered to be his new ally. By this time, all the voices had stopped just for a moment and he no longer felt ill. Regardless of whether or not he trusted William, Zenshin had a feeling that at the very least they would become more acquainted quite soon.

Missions Completed