Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Equipment Rework

○Kaori
    ○Kaori

Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Rising Star- Legal Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Fan Art Contest Participant- Haiku Contest Participant- Lineage Making Contest Participant- Rich- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Tertiary Magic- Vehicle- Ship- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Motor City Rush- Player 
    Lineage : Godess's Boon
    Position : Saint of Passion
    Guild : Lamia Scale - "Jizō"
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : None
    Experience : 1,444,887.5

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Assassin Magic
    Second Magic: Celestial Crew
    Third Magic:

Equipment Rework Empty Equipment Rework

Post by ○Kaori 11th June 2017, 11:49 am

So I finally started taking a closer look at pets and equipment since I finished some jobs that give me them, and I noticed that there's a bit of an imbalance... or rather, an oddity I should say. Equipment that's (+) grade; Armour and Weapons to be exact, are virtually useless wastes of money. Why?
    • Obviously they cost more.
    • They only increase damage by a negligible amount. Let me put it to a chart, the below chart is including base melee damage, no buffs against an unarmoured opponent. The number are rounded up to the nearest whole because even if the opposing player has 1HP, they're still technically alive.

Player
    Rank
    Weapon
    Rank
    Damage
    Total
    HTK
    DWeak78
    CStrong1415
    BStrong(+)2115
    BLegendary2314
    ALegendary(+)3014
    SArtifact37(SS41)14(SS15)
    SArtifact(+)41(SS46)15(SS14)
    HMythical5513

As you can see from this chart, the damage is going up; but the HTK isn't going down. Furthermore, even if you have an Artifact weapon; your HTK at say B Rank won't change since Artifacts don't apply the full damage boost until S Rank. 

• Speaking of damage boosts; the damage boost is still 95% useless even if you're the appropriate rank. Why? Because PvP is extremely rare, and most people do their own thing on jobs and socials. I've read several threads where people were fighting, and not many actually cared for damage calculations.
    • The durability increase is also useless. Just like before, not many people actually RP'd their weapon shattering from taking damage.
    • The amount of abilities the weapon holds is no different from a normal version.
    • The weapon doesn't have stronger abilities either.
    • You're basically paying more money, for something that's equal to the cheaper version.

I also feel that armour is no different. While they have the pro of cutting damage the player takes down by a lot, the armour also takes damage and will eventually be destroyed in PvP. However, not a lot of people do PvP on this site... So it's the same thing with weapons. More damage reduction, more item durability; but neither of those are used or taken into account for most the jobs or socials performed.

Let's talk about pets now. Those don't even get a damage boost, they just get extra health. A really pathetic amount at that. They get 50 more health, and that's all. While at lower ranks that can make a decently sized difference, it becomes useless at higher ranks. Why? Because the amount of HP a pet has stops being equal to the player at B Rank. Going by base magic damage, a player gets dead in 5 hits, but at B Rank a Strong(+) pet has less HP than the player. By the time you get to H Rank with a Mythical pet, the difference in health is massive. Your pet would be toast long before you are unless you use ability slots to give it buffs.

My Suggestion

• Give (+) grade equipment a better, more useful bonus. It doesn't need to be immaculate; a D Rank ability, let it increase your mana pool by 1 or 2% each, or give it a passive "something" to make it less useless.
    • Give (+) grade pets more HP. +100HP so they equal the non-(+) version for the rank above them. Also give the pet a D Rank ability, or the ability to hold an extra item; something that's actually useful during jobs.
    • If a (+) item is traded for spell slots, give the player a D Rank spell slot on top of the other ones. It'd still cost mana to cast, so it's not as OP as having a bunch of signatures.

Also this is just a bit of me nit picking... but can someone fix the coding for the "Weapon Substitution" spoiler? It's a bit ugly looking and takes away from the site... and there's unfinished coding in there.

Last edited by ○Kaori on 11th June 2017, 11:57 am; edited 1 time in total
    ○Kaori
    ○Kaori

Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Rising Star- Legal Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Fan Art Contest Participant- Haiku Contest Participant- Lineage Making Contest Participant- Rich- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Tertiary Magic- Vehicle- Ship- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Motor City Rush- Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Equipment Rework Empty Re: Equipment Rework

Post by ○Kaori 11th June 2017, 11:51 am

PS: For those wondering why I stopped at H Rank, and why SS Rank isn't its own row:
    • There's no X, Y, or Z grade weapons and the damage caps at H Rank for Mythic. So the HTK would only begin dropping from there on.
    • There's no weapon with a damage cap set at SS Rank, in fact, they skip right over it; so I lumped SS with S Rank in parenthesis.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Equipment Rework FN4I7td
    That Adopted Kid
    That Adopted Kid

Player 

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Fallen God Slayer 2nd Gen
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by That Adopted Kid 11th June 2017, 12:22 pm

They used to give mana and I agree with them getting that ability back.

Pets with more hp is fine.

Idk about the items though, you do get a sig spell and another spell at the same time, unless I am mistaking trading in items specifically

_____________________________________________________________________________________

○Kaori
    ○Kaori

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Post by ○Kaori 11th June 2017, 1:14 pm

The bonus for trading (+) items doesn't have to be an extra spell slot, that was just an example. I personally think it should be whatever bonus the weapon had. Assuming things go back to bonus mana (which I have no idea why that was removed) then trading a (+) for spell slots should let you keep that extra mana.

Even if pet HP was increased, there would still need to be something to justify getting it. Pet HP doesn't mean anything in jobs, it's only a PvP thing.
    Morning Star
    Morning Star

Player 
    Lineage : Kuroryu: The Void Dragon
    Position : None
    Guild : N/A
    Experience : 100

Post by Morning Star 15th June 2017, 3:55 pm

Pvp is pointless so I would assume that this won't ever get addressed. Not that some of these ideas aren't good an your points are valid but I really don't think this will ever truly get addressed. They used to have a mana boost for + stuff but they took it away for no real reason considering how unused pvp was to begin with.

Jobs Completed: 3
    Jobs In Progress: 1

Bank<> Magic<>Morning Star<>Theme
    ○Kaori
    ○Kaori

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Post by ○Kaori 15th June 2017, 8:29 pm

Morning Star wrote:Pvp is pointless so I would assume that this won't ever get addressed. Not that some of these ideas aren't good an your points are valid but I really don't think this will ever truly get addressed. They used to have a mana boost for + stuff but they took it away for no real reason considering how unused pvp was to begin with.

My suggestion is to make it less useless for jobs.

Current date/time is 28th March 2024, 2:26 am