Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Tourist trap {private}

That Adopted Kid
    That Adopted Kid

Player 
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Fallen God Slayer 2nd Gen
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Tourist trap {private} Empty Tourist trap {private}

Post by That Adopted Kid 8th April 2017, 1:29 pm

The rose garden, a place filled with luxury and controversy. With all the jobs requests that seemed to be and come through here, Aurora swore that the place was some kind of kingpin conspiracy. She would probably be shanked by mobsters in the street or something. Good thing she didn't own a horse, she wouldn't want to get that sort of head in her bed in the morning. As she wandered the streets, her kiddish appearance belying her average height led to a few odd looks, though judging by how many in the magical world appeared strange or otherworldly in the first place, Aurora often wondered why she was the one who got so much attention. She would say it is because of how awesome she was, but that would lead to arrogance and she wished to avoid such claims, instead, she would find a place for the night before studying the town a bit in the morning. One of the few places in Fiore she had yet to visit since being able to come back to the country, she wanted to make sure her visit was a relaxing and wholesome one.

Due to this, she ended up at the silver moon Inn, because of how luxurious it seemed. That was a lie, Aurora just wished to be at the most expensive place in order to feel like she was really experiencing the whole tourist trap part of the town. The Inn certainly was worth all of the money she had paid or at least that is what she told herself as she hadn't done much research on other hotels in the area which meant there was probably a cheaper place that was just as fancy, and she could have saved some money, but what was the point of getting into all the tourist traps if she didn't give her money to the place that didn't deserve it. After getting her key, Aurora figured that because of how late it already was, maybe she could sample their various forms of "beverages". All her money could be worth it if this place had decent booze, it probably didn't though, but that could be half the fun of it too, making fun of their various substances.

Approaching the bar, the green haired girl made sure to sit fancily and hold out her pinkie.

"I will take your fanciest batch of alcohol, my good sir."

"We don't serve children such drinks."

"But I'm not a kid! I even have my passport which shows my age, well sort of shows my age, I haven't updated it in a while."

Flashing the passport towards the man, he noticed the age was quite large but that just made him all the more skeptical.

"And we certainly don't provide for those who fake their ID."

Turning away the man huffed and went to care for other customers further down the line. Sighing with a frustrated air about her, Aurora stuffed the passport away and knocked her elbow gently towards the girl next to her, in order to grab her attention.

"Can you believe this guy? Thinks I'm faking my ID or something, how rude is that? I mean he serves you and we look about the same age right? Oh well, tourist traps are great for that kind of stuff, am I right?"

It was an eager and charming voice, more sarcastic than angry, and with baited breath she waited to see if the one next to her would reply or not.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Tourist trap {private} Empty Re: Tourist trap {private}

Post by Guest 8th April 2017, 8:33 pm

Izayuki Hyoujin ♦ Black Rose ♦ S Rank

Unhappy pink eyes stared down at the red velvet cake that had been placed in front of her. Weeks had passed, yet the hopelessness from that one incident still hung freshly in her mind. Nobody saw it, as she had come to learn, with the work of the magic of that person. However, she could not bring herself to confide in anyone and tell the truth of what had happened. They were blissfully ignorant, and saw the entire incident as a tragic accident that had been out of her control. It was not her fault.

If only they knew. Sure, Elyx forgave her, and Astrid was seemingly alright, but even so, things were not ‘just fine’. Elyx stepped down from guildmaster without warning, and had been rarely around. Astrid was guildmaster, along with someone else, and looked completely different. Was it even the same Astrid? Her daughter? She could only hope.

The Bakedanuki had not the courage to approach the new guildmaster of her husband’s guild, Golden Phoenix, just yet. So instead, what else could she do but mope around and try to distract herself with her duties to her guild? At least this time had forced her to become better at doing paperwork.

Izayuki took a few bites of her cake, followed by a long sip of her unsweetened iced tea. She heard a bit of commotion take place right next to her, but closed her eyes and attempted to zone it out. Perhaps the Inn was not the best place to be right then. She did not want to be in any place alone, but was growing tired of the noise.

Suddenly, an elbow jabbed at her arm lightly as someone bumped her. Re-opening her rosy-hued eyes, Izayuki gazed at the person who had done it curiously. Did the person have a question about her guild, or perhaps a complaint about the commotion that she had just ignored?

“Wasn’t paying attention,” she admittedly honestly, in a bored tone. What was this rambling about? Indeed, the girl did look young, and as she saw a lot, the girl had been accused of faking her ID. The last time Izayuki had been involved with a case regarding that, it had been with Akeldama. That had been both fun and interesting, to say the least.

“I haven’t ordered any alcohol… and how old are you?” the Bakedanuki blandly asked, only half-focusing. If anything, she wanted to curl up somewhere and hide, but not in a completely secluded area. Due to only having part of her attention on the girl, Izayuki ignored the comment about the tourist trap. Sure, Rose Garden was great for that… but it was not something the new Wizard Saint really cared for thinking about.

That Adopted Kid
    That Adopted Kid

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by That Adopted Kid 8th April 2017, 9:30 pm

Wait, what? Hasn't this girl been paying attention? Geez her attitude made it seemed like her husband had died or something. She seemed super depressive, though most people would drown it out with some quality booze and the like not... was that iced tea and velvet cake? Why wouldn't one have milk and cake, unless she couldn't stomach that, but still it seemed really odd... Velvet cake and iced tea. Wait, such an odd combination of food and drink could it be that this girl was sad and pregnant? Was always a possibility, though it would be in the early stages because she was anything but chubby. Oh no, what if her husband died and she was pregnant? Oh god, Aurora was feeling bad for her without even knowing the real cause, maybe she shouldn't ask, and just keep her crazy theories to her mind.

"How old am I? Well, I stopped counting after 250, kind of gets redundant and didn't have friends for birthday presents so what's the point right? Still, you feeling alright that's a strange assortment of products together and your face looks longer than the trail to get to this place. Do you have some kind of story, I'll cover for the meal and my drink if you order me a drink and give me a story."

It was an earnest request, she was curious because now that she got a good look at the pink haired girl she wondered if she was just plain depressed or was just a bit of a loon food choice wise. Either way maybe she could get around the whole disbelief in her age if she got this girl to place an order, and heck she could get another story for the log book too.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Post by Guest 9th April 2017, 4:07 pm

Two hundred and fifty years... or older. Well, that shamelessly relayed that the girl was not an average human, if even a human at all. It was easy to believe, seeing as many kinds of races and creatures lives for long periods of time, if they were not immortal. Humans just so happened to have short life spans.
    What the girl had to say was still intriguing, however, even though Izayuki did not appreciate the prying into her business, and offering to cover a meal if she ordered the drink and told a story.

After all, it was a story she wished to never repeat or relive.

"One drink over here, please. The fanciest~" Izayuki said, ordering the drink. She attempted to lighten her demeanor, using her skills of acting and disguising to cover up the melancholy from before. "It's nothing. I was just thinking, is all," she would try to explain, lying to cover up what was really on her mind. At least, this was a fair distraction. "Don't worry about covering it. I'm the guild master here, so it can just sit on my tab. I have no good story to tell. But you don't seem from around here, so do you have one?"

Divert the attention, and place it elsewhere. It was a simple tactic, and generally worked. After all, most people loved talking about themselves.

That Adopted Kid
    That Adopted Kid

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by That Adopted Kid 10th April 2017, 3:07 pm

Well, she was half going along with what Aurora wanted. She ordered her a drink, that was a good start, but she wasn't saying what her story was, all Aurora got out of her was the phrase guild master? Aurora wasn't as hip with the youngsters on phrasing but apparently, guild masters were a big deal. What was it that they ruled over again? It was something important... was it something that involved a mafia-like organization right? Was Aurora going to be swimming with the fishes, she hoped so jellyfish were pretty, but she also didn't want to die so maybe on her own time instead of a guild masters mafia time. Wait, no, it was something about mages, not the mafia! Yes, it was magic users who all got together to sing the hokey pokey, or practice magic and murder people with it! Wait, they might not do that second part now that she took a second, in fact, they may not do the first part either, they probably just tried to get stronger. She would say that was boring, but she had seen enough people die and had done enough activities outside of war to know that nothing could be boring if you made it exciting. Many said the dentist was terrible, but it was certainly more exciting when the building was on fire! Anyway, now it was time for Aurora to tell a story, but not before snatching the drink from the bartender's hands that Izayuki had ordered, and while he gave a dirty look, Aurora stuck her tongue out in a totally mature manner that showed her ladylike charm. Well, at least she didn't flip him off... while he was looking.

"A story huh? I mean I have a lot of stories, some are fun, some are sad, but you look like you want the fun kind. So, I can tell one of those, though I doubt it will help you stop thinking about some sorrows."

Taking a swing she made sure to let it sink in a bit before she would continue, the story needed to be rich and filled with slight intoxication to make it seem real or at least silly enough.

"Okay so this one time I was wandering into a town right? It was filled with all these people who were just plain jane and friendly. Turns out they won the number one town award every year, it was really impressive but I knew something was up because the booze was only half quality. They said it was grown in their town, but I knew it wasn't. The wheat outside of the town suggested that the beer would be of better quality than what they gave me, something was souring the tap and I had to find out what."

She made sure to take a dramatic pause, and another swing before continuing.

"So, I started to dig around the town, and I started to notice that anyone less than perfect was vanishing. It was really weird and not at all related to what I wanted to find out, but it was happening. After a few days of searching, I finally managed to sneak into the tap house and figure out what was poisoning the beer, they were putting the people that weren't complying with them into the kegs! It was a murder mystery, but more importantly, all the beer was ruined! So I took matters into my own hands and I saved the beer being made! I mean I also called the authorities to have them all arrested but what matters is the drinks were safe and the day was saved. Also, I guess the weird cult in the town that liked to murder people who didn't agree with them was also stopped or were they? I think they were all stopped. Darn it I wish I had a better memory, then I could remember the name of the village."

Finishing the story, Aurora made sure to take a second to see if Izayuki was amazed by it or not, Aurora certainly was, the booze had to be saved after all, and she was the spirit to do it.

Post by Guest 24th April 2017, 10:11 pm

Of course, with the weight of emotions, it was easy to zone out, despite the girl’s enthusiasm. Beforehand, Izayuki had chuckled at the blue-haired girl’s childish behavior towards the poor bartender, who only thought he was doing his job. Still, despite her disinterest and silent wish to just be somewhat alone in her thoughts, the Bakedanuki at least did her best to appear attentive, holding a small smile with an elbow resting on the bar while the girl told her story.

It was something of an intriguing one, but as usual, her mind would wander to more unwanted subjects and memories, most notably of recent unfortunate events. The guild was heavy in her, after all, though she had to at least have something of an appearance in her guildhall. “Death by beer. How nice,” she offhandedly commented in a low, amused murmur under her breath. She did not want to interrupt the girl too much, after all.

However, the girl trailed off as her memory seemed to leave her, judging by her words. “It is a nice story, even if you don’t remember all the details,” Izayuki concluded, despite having probably missed a detail or two as she managed to zone out several times. “And true, you say? Impressive.”

“What’s the name of this hero of the the village?” the guildmaster asked, inquiring of the girl’s name. They might as well get pleasantries out of the way, at least.

That Adopted Kid
    That Adopted Kid

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by That Adopted Kid 16th May 2017, 1:09 pm

"I'll be honest, half of it might be made up but you know, it got you to stop sulking for a moment so it was worth it."

Upbeat and without flinching Aurora replied to the guild master, though she didn't quite grasp what that was yet, she had been out of the loop for a long time. She still thought it was some mafia thing, maybe they were mafia mages? That would certainly make for a good little story if the case was true, mafia mages man, they make ya swim with the fishes. Wait if they really did make people swim with the fishes then Aurora's magic would be perfect, she could make the water all someone else would have to do is provide the fishes. Though she might be a little susfishious of where the fishes came from she could take no carp if it meant she could do whatever she wanted for the halibut. Now wasn't the time to be squiding around, the other girl had asked Aurora her name. Now whether to tell the truth or not, she could state that she was royalty or maybe some form of super awesome crime fighter with a winged mammal fetish. Nah, Aurora had fibbed enough today.

"The names Aurora, I was going to try and come up with some big fancy title but sadly I'm a bit too lazy for that right now, and besides you got me a drink, I can't keep telling fibs to you all day long now can I?"

Taking a swing Aurora would try and comment quickly to the guild master.

"And what might your name be miss guild master who drowns out sorrows in iced tea and red velvet. You aren't pregnant or anything, right? Cause that is one weird combo."

Current date/time is 18th March 2024, 10:58 pm