Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

House Repair![JOB/Solo]

cimbaman
    cimbaman

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Player 
    Lineage : Spirit Warrior
    Position : None
    Guild : Silver Wolf
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 2,425

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Completed House Repair![JOB/Solo]

Post by cimbaman 29th March 2017, 6:31 am

JOB:
    As he returned form delivering mail, Poom got in the truck and the man gave him the reward.  
    Thank you very much. Where are you going? Can I give you a lift?  
    I have nowhere to go. I am just wandering right now.  
    In this rain? No there is no wandering in this weather. You will spend the night at my place. I'm Josh Weathersteins, and what is your name?. mailman Josh asked, with a curious look on his face.  
    Poom. Poom Loom sir. But I can't possibly sleep at your place.  
    Nonsense, of course you are, and you will repay me by helping around the house.  
    Josh drove them through the rain, but halfway through the ride the rain stopped. They stopped by the old clearly broken house. There is a tree limb that fell down on the front porch and broke the wooden railing along with the floorboards. The shingles and the gutters were torn and broken.  
    Sorry for all this. The last storm really did a good on me. I hope my house survives the next one. Now come inside, it is much better there.
    Poom followed Josh slowly to the front door, looking at the house and damage done to it and the garden. The house was not very big, but it was clearly made to be a home for a family.
    Come, come. Take off that cloak and put it on the chair near the fireplace. I will go get the wood to light the fire.

WC:251/1500

Last edited by cimbaman on 30th March 2017, 4:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
    cimbaman
    cimbaman

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Player 

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Completed Re: House Repair![JOB/Solo]

Post by cimbaman 30th March 2017, 3:24 am

As Josh went to the other room, Poom started looking at the current room. There were many pictures, at the first glance without getting up Poom could see two people, Josh and a woman. The woman looked around Josh’s age, so Poom was sure that is his wife. But where was she was what Poom wanted to know.
    Josh came back with wood, two glasses, and a barrel.
    This will help us get a bit warmer. I hope you drink. I made it.
    Josh opened the barrel, giving glasses to Poom, then proceeded to start a fire.
    Poom not knowing what else to do poured from the barrel into the glasses.
    The liquid, that exited the barrel hole, was almost gold, it was shining with a golden-yellow glow, that can only be seen in the purest of mead.  
    Drink. Drink. Alcohol and heat should keep us warm through the night.
    You are not really a talker, are you?
    Josh said while taking one of the full glasses.
    Poom was still not sure what to say or do. Should he drink? Should he just say thanks and leave the house? Should he ask about the woman in the picture?

WC:448/1500
    cimbaman
    cimbaman

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by cimbaman 30th March 2017, 3:29 am

Poom took a sip. Sorry, but I have noticed that there is a woman in all the photos in this room. Is she your wife maybe.
    Yes she was., said Josh with sadness in his voice But she died, a few years ago. We didn’t have any kids, so now I work as a mailman, make mead, invite young helpful men to spend the night in the house. Josh said this with such cheeriness and fun, that Poom was not sure what to think. Josh sat next to Poom, poured himself more mead. Tell me about yourself Poom?
    They talked and drank, all through the night. Poom told him about his father, and what had happened, about revenge, about wanting justice, about not knowing what to do, about his magic not working.
    You are a mage? Oh, that is nice.
    Mage, no, no. I only know some basic things.
    Many hours more passed in drinking and talking, and when it was very late, Josh had an idea.
    I have a job for you. Fix my house in the next few day, before the storm, and I will pay you. You will of course sleep here. Now go to that room, you start tomorrow. Josh said pointing.

WC:654/1500
    cimbaman
    cimbaman

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by cimbaman 30th March 2017, 9:11 am

Tomorrow morning came, and Poom was ready for work. He slept like a log last night, and this was the first time since his father’s death.
    The day was very bright and sunny which was very unusual considering the yesterday’s rain. Poom went to the room that he thought was kitchen, and there saw Josh.
    Good morning mister Weathersteins.
    Sit here and eat. There is a long and hard day in front of us. Josh said, giving a plate of bacon and eggs to Poom. The bacon and eggs were greasy and just what Poom need to start his day.
    Thank you for this mister Weathersteins. said Poom while stuffing his mouth full of food.
    After the breakfast they went out.
    What needs fixing?
    As you may have seen the roof is broken, it needs fixing, I don’t think it will survive the next storm. The front porch is also broken. It could wait, but I would like it to be fixed. Everything you need, just ask, I probably have it, and it is probably in the storage room in the back.
    Poom looked around, scanning the front porch with his eagle vision.
    These boards are too old they need to be changed, and I would need ladders to climb to the roof. I would teleport, but as I said last night my magic is not working.
    Ladders are in the storage room, and we will buy everything you need.

WC:894/1500
    cimbaman
    cimbaman

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by cimbaman 30th March 2017, 9:21 am

Poom went to the storage room. The room was dusty and full of tools, there where magic tools like saws and sanders, but also a bunch of ordinary tools like hammer and pliers. Of course, there were the long ladders, which Poom took.
    Poom climbed on the roof and saw that almost all of the roof’s shingles were blown off or were heavily damaged, but the wood under them was very sturdy and look almost brand new. We need to replace all of the shingles, but rest of the roof looks ok. shouted Poom from the top of the house.
    Yeah, me and wife had it magically treated, a few years ago. Could you just count them up so we know how many to buy? Going down Poom saw that gutter looked good and just needed reattaching.
    They counted all the boards, shingles, nails that they needed. I think everything is here. We can go to the store. said Josh while checking the list.
    Can I just first move this tree, it is driving me nuts. Poom took the tree limb, lifted it with ease, and moved it under the tree it fell from.
    In the store, they bought everything on the list, and on Poom's suggestion, they bought magical wood oil to treat the boards.
    That si so many boards, it is like you are trying to rebuild your house, Josh. the salesman said laughing. I know you probably don’t have a cart, so take this one, but please return it.

WC:1146/1500
    cimbaman
    cimbaman

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by cimbaman 30th March 2017, 10:18 am

Poom loaded all the bought things into the cart and started pushing it home. The day was still very sunny so the walk home was pleasant, but in silence. Poom was thinking about all the things he had to do, where to start, and what would be the best way to do it.
    When they came home, Poom started getting things out of the cart and putting them in the garden like every piece had its place and he had a plan for them.
    We will first put the oil on all the boards, and let them dry overnight. That should make putting them much faster and also should make them more resistant to the weather.
    Without waiting for Josh to reply he opened the cans of oil, took a brush and started painting the boards. That is when Josh realized that all boards were accessible, and put in such a way that Poom didn’t even need to move them much to turn them around.
    You really know what you are doing said Josh surprised.
    I did it often with my father. So I am used to this. Poom said not stopping what he was doing for one second, and not even moving his gaze from the boards.
    That lasted almost the whole day. Poom never made a break until all the boards were coated with oil on both sides.
    When that part of the job was done he when into the house, where he was greeted with a meal and a glass of mead. Josh and Poom spent the evening like the last time, drinking and talking.

WC:1415/1500
    cimbaman
    cimbaman

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by cimbaman 30th March 2017, 2:40 pm

Poom woke up early. He was full of enthusiasm, and he was determined to fix everything today, so he needed to start early. When Josh woke up Poom has already put shingles on half of the roof and was still going strong.
    You want to eat? You need food. You can’t work on an empty stomach. Josh shouted trying to be louder than banging Poom’s working produced.
    The banging stopped and Poom’s head appeared hanging from the edge of the roof Thank you sir, but I have already eaten. I hope I didn’t wake you. I just want to finish this soon so the storm doesn’t surprise us. Poom said that and his head disappeared to the roof, and the banging continued.
    It took Poom a couple of hours to change all shingles. He made a few breaks to drink mead and chat with Josh’s neighbors, but in his very calculated mind, he thought those were necessary.
    Next came the gutter which only needed reattachment, a process that would take Poom only a few minutes, but it also needed a cleaning, a job Poom never liked and was always slow on. Cleaning the gutter took almost an hour even with Josh’s help, which was not part of Poom’s plan, and because of it, he was upset, but still installed it and immediately started working on the porch.

WC:1643/15House Repair![JOB/Solo] Eggh_bulHouse Repair![JOB/Solo] Eggh_bul

Last edited by cimbaman on 14th April 2017, 9:40 am; edited 1 time in total
    cimbaman
    cimbaman

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by cimbaman 30th March 2017, 4:50 pm

The porch was another story, the tree limb broke the wooden railing and most of it had to be first removed then new wood should be put in place. The floor boards very sturdy, but some of them still needed changing.
    With not having any better ideas, Poom just started breaking railings, and throwing them on the side, slowly the thought of his father crept and he started doing it more furiously, without even realizing.
    Josh was a bit of scared, from the raw strength Poom showed. It was like an unknown force was guiling him into destruction.
    After Poom tore down all the railings and removed the faulty floor boards, he started putting the new ones. Because the boards were already treated it was much stronger than normal wood, and that made Poom very happy. The installation of the boards on the floor and making of the railing lasted almost till the dark.
    You did it. I can’t believe it. said Josh visibly surprised and satisfied. All is done. I can’t tell you how happy I am
    The job is not finished. The boards need to be repainted with the oil, it needs a second coat said Poom while opening a can of wood oil.
    The night had fallen, but Poom was still not finished. He was painting the rails with wood oil, and trying to fill every nook and cranny, but the job was harder when boards are already attached. When he was finished it was already the middle of the night.
    After that Poom slept till noon and when he woke the storm had already started, and the house was looking good. Josh and Poom spent that day talking drinking and laughing. Poom told Josh what he wanted, and Josh told him about a guild called Infinite Hydra, and their many success in upholding justice.

WC:1951/1500
    cimbaman
    cimbaman

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by cimbaman 30th March 2017, 4:54 pm