Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Waiting For The World To End • Private, Erika

Waiting For The World To End • Private, Erika Empty Waiting For The World To End • Private, Erika

Post by Guest 1st March 2017, 10:51 pm

And while you are sitting indoors
    waiting for the storm to pass
    I will be outside dancing in the rain

Crying. That was the last sound she could remember before the darkness laying just behind her eyelids consumed her sight, never to open again.
    It started so weak, and then as she began to fade more and more, it grew into a loud, pitiful wail.
    What a horrible sound to die to.

It wasn't even a split second later from closing her eyes did she find herself able to open them once more. She hadn't even been the one to open her eyes herself, rather they just seemed to do it on their own.
    Her vision was blurry, abstracted even more so with the vibrant white panels that laid in front of her, reflecting off the various lights in the room and shone directly into her sockets. It stung to have such brightness enter her orbs right after the deep darkness, causing the young girl to blink rapidly, trying to adjust to the sudden brightness shift.
    She had died, but she wasn't dead. Not anymore. Astrid could recall the event that happened what seemed just seconds ago. How cold her last breath was as it escaped her lips, the numbness all around her body, the strange calmness she felt as her own blood surrounded her dying body. And then, nothing. Until now.
    Groggily she tried turning her head to gather her surroundings, and to much surprise, she finally could again. But it was no use as of right now. Her vision still had not returned to her in full. Everything was still just mixed colors of various tones of white, the edges of objects just barely noticeable beyond that.
    She lifted her hand, placing it over her eyes to try and add pressure to them, hopefully helping them to work once more while also trying to sooth the gnawing pain conjugating in the middle of her temple.
    word count ● @tag ● notes

MADE BY VEL OF WW + ADOX 2.0

Special Snowflake
    Special Snowflake

Player 
    Lineage : None
    Position : None
    Guild : None
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : N/A
    Experience : 0

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Thread Magic
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Waiting For The World To End • Private, Erika Empty Re: Waiting For The World To End • Private, Erika

Post by Special Snowflake 2nd March 2017, 1:29 am

"Welcome back from the dead Astrid, did you enjoy your little trip through hell? Quite the experience isn't it, unable to move, or feel anything but the cold and the embrace of the darkness."

It was a joyfully sarcastic tone that filled her voice as the sound would echo about the walls. The room was filled with a bright white and blue glow that seemed to pulse back and forth with the sound of sloshing liquid. The atmosphere felt like a science experiment gone slightly wrong, probably because of all the nice padding everywhere. Erika wanted to make sure that the girl wouldn't explode, however, and the best way to do that was to ensure that everything was safely padded. Erika swore that she had to baby proof this lab to make sure that Astrid wouldn't just eat paste or some form of acid. Thankfully, with Erika here that most likely wouldn't happen, or at least it shouldn't happen.

"How are you feeling? Do you enjoy the new adaptations to your body? You should have perfect vision when you get used to it and you can hear just fine. Much better than your old one, and a little cuter if I do say so. Now then, you wished to know everything about your past, ask away though you may find that new body has the memories you seek if you look deep enough."

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Waiting For The World To End • Private, Erika Empty Re: Waiting For The World To End • Private, Erika

Post by Guest 2nd March 2017, 9:08 am

A sound rose up from beside her as she added pressure to the upper half of her face. A sound she really didn't wish to hear right now. Even through the jumbled noise throbbing through her ears as they did their best to work once more she knew who it was. The woman that got her into this mess in the first place. There was no denying that sadistic tone.
    Astrid wouldn't say the 'trip through hell' was as bad as she was making it seem. In fact she truly didn't get to experience it. There was only the one tiniest second of blackness, and then she ended up here. Really this was more like a dream right after your head hitting the pillow, supplied with the blurry vision and washed out sounds. Guess that would make it more like a fever dream.

The temptation to sneak a peak at her new body was great, but the ace knew it would be futile with her abstract vision. she would rather save it for a time when her new body was fully functional and she was able to see everything in it's full glory... Or horror. Whichever one best would describe her situation. 'Cute' was a complicated term. What some might find cute, others may not. And Astrid for one, was not too excited to find out what the thread mage found 'cuter' than her old body. Her old body was very cute in her own opinion, thank you very much.
    After a moment of silence the violinist lowered her arm back down onto the surface below. She could still not see correctly but the pain throbbing along the side of her skull stopped at least.
    What she was. That was right, that was the other reason she had done this in the first place. To find out who and what she was. As she stared up at the ceiling she was almost tempted to tell the woman to forget it. After what happened to Izayuki she felt guilty enough. If what Erika and the tanuki said about her were both true, then did she really want to know? Did she want to know she just traumatized her own mother?
    "..."
    The woman was met with a cold silence. She had done this to know who she was, but now that she was going to find out, she was questioning if she really wanted to.
    "What happened to Mrs Hyo- I mean Reiaki?" The white haired mage asked, completely avoiding the questions in the back of her mind. "Is she okay?" Naturally she didn't know what happened to the guild master after she passed. She hoped all of this didn't go too far.
    It was funny. She could remember so much burning rage that she held towards the youkai for what she had done... But after seeing such a pained face and growing to understand she was no liar, it was almost like she was terrified of what she had done to her.

Special Snowflake
    Special Snowflake

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Special Snowflake 2nd March 2017, 4:16 pm

"I'm afraid your actions broke her beyond any form of sanity..."

Erika would let the air taste the tension as she paused her speech pattern. After the moment of silence, a snicker came out of the girl and she smashed the tension with a wrecking ball.

"Nah, she's fine, well relatively fine, depression isn't good but it gives her the push she needs. Elyx will revive soon and you aren't dead, nothing permanent was done. I've even pinned all of the blame of his death on myself, well one of me that is, that and the sad innocents in era, but some sacrifices must be made at the end of the day."

It was an innocent tone, but because Astrid had gotten a taste of Erika's true nature it probably seemed more sinister than a serial killer as they went on a murder rampage. Fear combined with regret was a powerful weapon that could be used against anyone, and Erika knew this. Astrid was enshrined within a spider web and she didn't know the depth of which Erika could drain her.

"Oh right..."

Erika stated, once again with a bit of a joyful tone.

"This is your first time. Well, technically your second time but you don't really remember the first. Don't worry your bodily functions should return to normal at some point. If it persists for more than 4 hours please contact your doctor."

Taking a seat within the circular room, Erika looked around a bit before turning towards Astrid's location. Erika was preparing herself for the long haul with this one.

"Now then my little Tanuki, please ask away."

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Post by Guest 2nd March 2017, 4:59 pm

Crimson eyes widened and expression grew into fear at the girl's answer before narrowing a few seconds later when she gave the real one. Small lips scrunched up into an annoyed pout, turning her head to look at the blurry mess of what she assumed was Erika. That wasn't funny. For a split second there she had convinced her she had gone too far with her actions, her heart instantly jumping into her throat. But what should she have expected? From their short time together it was easy to say Erika was a psychopath. It wasn't hard to not take anything she said seriously. Astrid just hoped when it came down to asking her questions she would take it seriously and answer truthfully like she said she would.
    It was weird how her words managed to describe the current event like it was nothing at all. She made it so simple and said it so nonchalantly. She had just died and the mage made it sound like it held no weight, like it didn't matter. Like everything so calm.
    It did calm the girl more than it should have nonetheless, to a certain point. But at the same time she knew what she did. She knew what she agreed to. And there was nothing light about it at all.

Her first question. There were so many she had right now, but there was no use in overloading both herself and Erika by asking them all at once, so she would go slow. After all, this is what she went through death to find out. There was no going back.
    "Is it true that Izayuki and Elyx are my parents? And if so, how? I was born to two others, so how can it be?"

Special Snowflake
    Special Snowflake

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Special Snowflake 2nd March 2017, 6:40 pm

Now there was a good question, a selfish one. Perfect, Erika did love it when others talked about something other than just how a loved one was doing. If they were a loved one, why would you worry about them in the first place, since if you loved them they are clearly capable of taking care of themselves? To Erika the thought of purely unconditional love was... lost, she didn't understand how one could love another without a reason in the first place, even if the reason was because they are mine.

"How can I put this... you are Astrid but at the same time you are not Astrid. it is why a new body is much more fitting for you. The previous one you occupied well, you sort of kicked out the original owner. In the future, you will be born of Elyx and Izayuki's union, but you won't make it out of her womb, you will be stillborn. Normally you would just pass on, but you were special. You didn't want to pass on, your primal instincts are that of anger and rage, you sought out another host for your soul, you hungered for revenge. In a sense, you aren't Astrid but rather you Killed Astrid and took who she was going to be for yourself."

With a bit of a pause, Erika made sure to let it sink in a bit before continuing.

"You may think ill of me, but you and I are very similar. Born out of hatred and rejection we struggle to find a place in the world. You just found yours by taking the life of another. Deep down though you seem to feel some sort of love for your real mother. Oh right, I almost forgot you are here because of a time paradox, your hatred allowed you to travel back in time in order to get your revenge, I presume when your mother was weaker. You may try to deny it with everything you are, but you can't deny that deep down you are a killer."

She didn't mince words or let her tone be joyful, it was straight and honest. Erika didn't need to lie in order to get what she wanted out of Astrid, and that is probably what made her such a vile creature in the first place. Most twist others with lies, Erika twisted them with the truth, aspects that they couldn't ignore, or refute. What Astrid did with the truth, though, that was the true prize that Erika sought after, would she cry? Would she fight it? Would she fall into the abyss that was her inborn hatred? The air was palpable with Erika's anticipation.

Post by Guest 2nd March 2017, 7:45 pm

A killer.
    The words dug deep like a knife, each second the explanation continued violently stabbing into her body. All this talk about time travel and being 'Astrid' but at the same time not being 'Astrid'. It was all too much and overly complex for her to grasp, so foreign and weird. The body which she thought was her own all these years was just an empty husk she carved out for herself, just so she could kill Izayuki out of anger...
    Pink eyes stared wide, watching as Erika's face came in and out of focus while her vision finally began to adjust itself. Her mouth opened, but no words came out. She wanted to say something, anything, but she could not find the words.
    "... Killer..."
    The word had to finally be pushed out from her lips.
    "I-I'm not a killer."
    With her words shaking Astrid grabbed at her head with both hands, slowly bringing herself into a fetal position, as if trying to hold herself back. Hold herself back from doing what exactly? She didn't know. But she felt if she didn't she would have a melt down. Well, she was still having one anyway, but this is what people usually did when having a metal down.
    "I'm not a killer. I-It's not true." It couldn't be true, it was all so out there, like it belonged in some time travel mystery novel thing. It seemed too impossible, too unbelievable.
    If this was a joke the ace didn't appreciate Erika's sense of humor.

Special Snowflake
    Special Snowflake

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Special Snowflake 2nd March 2017, 8:30 pm

"I told you I would lie remember? It is the truth, you are a killer, deep down you know only hatred and anger. You shouldn't even exist, you are a blight in the time stream and the woman that you just hurt wasn't in exchange for what I had gifted you but a deep down desire. It's why you can't fight it, and why you kept up your end of the bargain. You could have refused, you could have stayed out of the portal. You justify it by saying you had a choice and you choose to be selfish, what a load. You can't defy yourself; like me, you know deep down you are trapped by your selfish and hateful nature. Like me, you know that your choice is the one which is related to your nature, and no matter how much you deny it, the desire always returns. It may not be now, but just imagine what happens if your lover does something you dislike? You will be torn not out of sorrow, but out of anger."

Laughing a little bit Erika made sure to make her words feel like a stinger covered in honey, it was painful but at the same time sweet as it poisoned the soul.

"It swirls within your mind, your hidden Tanuki blood boils with it. I originally had no interest in you even though you were the daughter of those two, but... when I felt it, your hatred, that's when I knew. You seethed with purpose. You felt it, the love you feel towards Izayuki, it is more than your 'birth" mother, and yet at the same time, you hate her, why couldn't she just birth you, why did you have to kill, why are you so violent and despicable? Why couldn't they have just killed you to avoid the suffering within your soul? When will it end? It won't until you can satisfy your inner desire and accept who you are..."

Extending her hand a little bit Erika gave a soft smile.

"if you would like, I can help you accept who you really are so that the pain may end, unless you have more questions first, we have all the time in the world anyway."

Post by Guest 2nd March 2017, 8:54 pm

She was right. Gods, she was right.
    Everything she said made sense once again, just like last time. The woman had a way with words, there was no doubt about that. Even if Astrid wished she didn't. It was the painful truth. But Astrid, while believing it to some extent, could not bring herself to accept it. She had grown up believing helping others and happiness were the only two things she ever needed in life. So to think she was built out of such anger and despair? It completely went against her structure, her entire being.
    "Stop it" the slayer breathed, grabbing onto her hair tighter, feeling as though at any minute she would have the power to just tear it out of her head for good. She knew she was a killer. She knew she was a being made out of pure anger and rage. But she felt if she kept denying it aloud long enough it would cease to be the truth.
    Tears built up in the edges of her closed eyes, teeth grinding together, feeling the same anger starting to build up within her. It wasn't true. It can't be true. She wouldn't let it be true.
    "None of this is true! It's lies! Lies i say! I'll never accept it!"

Special Snowflake
    Special Snowflake

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Special Snowflake 2nd March 2017, 9:39 pm

"We just went over this Astrid, I said I wouldn't lie to you."

Retracting her hand for this moment Erika stood up and began to walk about the room, the various glowing tubes and flickering computer lights making everything like a Disney light show. it wasn't blinding but it was scientific and cold. With Astrid's vision returning she might be able to make out what exactly was in the tubes, extra bodies for Erika. Whether is horrified her or not didn't matter, she at the heart of Erika's regenerative power, a location not chosen idly for this meeting. The area was meant to show what some of the true powers that Erika had over death itself, and how it didn't just apply to Astrid but Erika herself so that any question of killing her would be off the table.

"Do you feel it? If you didn't feel it you would have just blown me off, or asked to leave politely, you wouldn't have been greedy in how you received your new hearing, you wouldn't have wanted a new body. Ah yes, the new body, one that it is finally your own and not just someone else's. A body that feels real and fits your soul rather than another's. See, you try and hide your real nature, that is your problem, that is every human's problem on the face of this planet. You have been raised by them to believe that to be civilized and good one must hide their nature, but when one isn't good what do they do? Live a lie? You save others because you wish to atone? You have made no mistake. You believe that your "birth" mother left you because you had a disability? No, she left you because the two of you have no connection."

Raising her arms up as if she were to exclaim to the heavens Erika made sure to be a bit bombastic.

"Think back to every point in your life, did your mother ever really love you? Did those around you really have any connection with you? Your adoptive brother faced his real self and look what he is now, the most famous of the coming storms to grace the country of Fiore. You don't actually love him, you envy him, you envy all those around you, you help them because you can't help yourself! The ONE time you offered the chance for your own freedom you cover your ears, pull out your hair and cry because you were taught to never accept anything about your true nature. You fight because you view it is wrong, but at the end of the day, all you do is bring more pain and suffering to yourself, and to those who you help. All of it is empty Astrid, those who you have saved mean nothing when you didn't do it out of your true nature, but rather to hide your shame. You aren't a hero and you never will be, you are the villain and though your magic is white your heart is stained forever black."

Approaching Astrid Erika leaned over her with a dominating presence and began to whisper towards the girl.

"I'll ask you again, do you wish to be free? Do you wish for my help?"

Post by Guest 3rd March 2017, 8:59 am

It was horrible how words held so much power, to be able to sway someone so easily just by muttering a few well made sentences.
    Oh how she wished she could just close her ears and reflect the woman's words. For the first time in her life, the ace missed her disability. She wanted to be able to block out such things that hurt her again, regaining her naiveness. If it meant living a lie and ignoring what she really was she would do anything to go back to the way she was before all of this happened, blissfully ignorant. No amount of punches hit could come close to how much the truth hurt. There was no going back now. She was a murderer, and she knew it.
    The woman's offer to be 'free', her cold words sent a shiver down her spin, tensing as she felt her get closer. It is what she asked of her when they first talked, which had resulted in her death. The girl still did not have a good concept of what she meant, but her words were still enticing nonetheless.
    Astrid blinked open her eyes once more, staring up at the clear Erika, only still murky slightly by the tears protruding from the corners of her eyes.
    "W-Will it stop the pain?"
    That's all she wanted. She wanted it all to hurt less.

Special Snowflake
    Special Snowflake

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Special Snowflake 3rd March 2017, 1:18 pm

"The only one who can make the pain stop is you, the only one who can take charge is you. There isn't anyone or anything to blame here, you just need to do what is right, for yourself, for once."

Spoken with clarity Erika tried to make it as easy as possible for Astrid to understand Erika eased back a bit from her close proximity. It was good that she was seeing it clearly now, what she actually was, the creature that was less about the kindness of her heart and more about the anger that dwelled within. A creature born of anger shouldn't try to live in kindness after all, but rather should live in its natural state, it was the easiest way to avoid tragedy in its life. To conquer one's nature and both live in it and not be bound by it, that was the answer Erika was seeking, and hopefully, the answer that she could also provide to Astrid, well if Erika felt like being generous. Fortunately, for this moment Erika was in the giving mode, even if all she gave was damnation.

"You must learn to live with who you really are, don't hide it express it. Who do you hate, what is your goal, accomplish it while leaving others by the way side, accept that sacrifices must be made, that those around you are tools and not loved ones, unless of course, your goal is to protect them out of selfish desire, in that case, protect them with your anger. Let it give you power, remember Astrid..."

"Peace is a lie there is only Passion.
    Through passion, you gain strength.
    Through strength, you gain power.
    Through power, you gain victory.
    Through victory, your chains are broken.
    "

Smiling, Erika extended her hand.

"Are you ready? To finally accept yourself?"

Post by Guest 4th March 2017, 11:59 am

Pink orbs stared at Erika as she started to relax from her tense state, unmoving and wide.
    Moving down from her face the slayer watched as the woman extended her hand to her once again.
    She was the only one who could stop the pain she felt. She was the only one that could accept herself. No one else. All this time all she had done was help others in the hopes she would be accepted, without really getting anywhere. No matter how much he tried there was still that empty feeling within her, like no one actually truly accepted her. But it wasn't because they hadn't accepted her, it was because she hadn't accepted herself. That was the missing key.
    Erika's words, though holding a sort of cynicism to them, helped the girl to understand this. Now she knew what she must do. She knew how to fill the wide hole inside of her.
    The white haired mage sniffled, using her wrists to dry her watery eyes before forcing a determined smile.
    She nodded, and in turn, placed a small hand onto the mage's.

Special Snowflake
    Special Snowflake

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Special Snowflake 8th March 2017, 8:04 pm

"Most excellent."

Was all that Erika said when Astrid reached out to take her hand. Trying to help the weeping girl to her feet, Erika would provide her with a stern expression and piercing gaze.

"What is your goal, Astrid? You wish for all of the pain to stop? What do you think will make the pain stop? Accepting who you are is just the first step, you must find a goal that will break your chains to your nature and allow you the true freedom of existence without boundaries. You must obtain the power to smash your chains first, what do you think the best method for doing that is? I have an idea which may prove enlightening."

With a hand wave, the door on the opposite side of the room opened up, exposing a hallway which led to who knows where.

"I have many experiments which proved to not be... successful. Somewhere in my lab, there will be a... tool for you to use in your new found purpose. You must get through them, shut down your morals and inhibitions, you must recognize them as only an obstacle that you must overcome, not as an individual, you aren't a hero, you are just a being trying to free itself. By gaining the power that is hidden here you shall become one step closer to that goal of freedom. What do you say, will you take this challenge... my apprentice?"

Post by Guest 8th March 2017, 10:57 pm

Apprentice?
    The girl gave Erika a questionable look as she settled upon her new pair of legs. It did feel a bit... Weird. But not entirely different. She could tell some things were different around her body. Just looking at the front of her hair she could see it was now more of a cloud white, and more thick at that. Like a fluffy cat. She was going to miss her long silky silver hair she had taken such good care of, as this was defiantly going to need to be taken care of more... But it was very fluffy and pretty. And longer too.
    ... Wait did this mean...
    Eyes widening to realization the slayer looked down to the ground before they became dull only a second later, her mouth pouting outward in disappointment.
    "Still not taller..." the ace sighed. But yet what had she expected? She asked Erika to get a body closest to her old one, so it should be expected some aspects would remain the same... Though it would have been nicer to be at least a few inches taller.
    But anywho, her appearance was not the important thing right now. She would have plenty of time to gawk at herself in the mirror later. Erika just called her her apprentice.
    Caught off guard the girl tilted her head to the side, blinking. She had not agreed to be her apprentice, at least not verbally. Actually she would really prefer not to. Elyx was the only person she felt comfortable calling a true mentor. But yet Astrid was not stupid enough to dare question it.
    If it meant being 'free' she would allow the woman to call her such a thing.
    "How will i know the tool when i see it?"

Current date/time is 28th March 2024, 3:03 am