Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

When We Face The Last Generation

Aura
    Aura

Moderator- Mythical VIP Status- Knight VIP Status- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Dragon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- Haiku Contest Participant- Lineage Making Contest Participant- Rich- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 3rd Place Event/Contest Winner- Player 
    Lineage : Gingerbread Man
    Position : None
    Guild : Sabertooth 《Guildmaster》
    Cosmic Coins : 400
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 60,342

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Fires of Creation
    Second Skill: The Riyenas
    Third Skill:

When We Face The Last Generation Empty When We Face The Last Generation

Post by Aura 17th February 2017, 10:05 am

When We Face The Last Generation 0AiN0N5
    Click the image for the job description

_____________________________________________________________________________________

And be she but Small,
    she is Fierce

When We Face The Last Generation GWsGXSQ

.:} The Road of Desire |Fire Dragon Slayer | Kenna Terrynhain {:.
    .:} The Nightmare in Your Head | Avide - Combat Pet {:.

D~4 ||C~4 ||B~2 ||A~ ||S~

Slots: 4/6

Aura
    Aura

Moderator- Mythical VIP Status- Knight VIP Status- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Dragon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- Haiku Contest Participant- Lineage Making Contest Participant- Rich- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 3rd Place Event/Contest Winner- Player 
    Lineage : Gingerbread Man
    Position : None
    Guild : Sabertooth 《Guildmaster》
    Cosmic Coins : 400
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 60,342

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Fires of Creation
    Second Skill: The Riyenas
    Third Skill:

When We Face The Last Generation Empty Re: When We Face The Last Generation

Post by Aura 20th August 2017, 5:33 pm

A Pinch of Risqué
    Kenna Terrynhain  |  21  |  Etherborn Barbardium | Sabertooth
    The sword hanging on the man’s waist bumped against the steel tassets that protected his thighs as he walked. His face shrouded by the shadows that fell down from the trees at the lakeside, keeping his scruffy beard much fuller than it actually was. The shield on his back reflected the early sun that crept over the treetops on the horizon; a beautiful orange that on its turn reflected in the woman’s eyes that followed the man from a short distance. The man was aware she was following him, and it didn't seem that the woman had ill intentions, keeping the tension between the two at an appreciated gentleness rather than a cutting-edge annoyance. He stopped halfway his step, grabbed his chest and coughed viciously, nearly bending double from the force he exerted on his lungs. Kenna startled at seeing the man before her suddenly collapsing and rushed over, grabbing him before he smacked into the ground. ”Ior! Breathe old man, try to control your exhaling slowly.” She said in a worried voice, holding unto the man and straightening his back so he could breathe better. The pounding of his heart against her arm seemed to lessen, as did the heaving of his chest. Kenna’s voice resonated softly in the man’s ears, reminding him of that of his late daughter’s, and seemed to calm down. ”That’s it… breathe in, breathe out. Just like that.” Kenna smiled, pulling him back on his feet and gently rubbing his back. ”Feeling any better now, Ior? Your health is going down way faster than expected… I understand now why this was an urgent business for you.” Her hands still remained on the man’s back as he found his footing and looked somewhat further ahead, where the forest path started clearing for a beautiful lakeview clearing.

The man coughed a last time and took a deep breath, tapping the raven-haired maiden’s arm in a consoling way and gave her a grin. ”Don’tcha worry lass, I might be old but I’m not that weak! Ior Valiir wouldn't go down so easily… is what I would say, but I guess there’s no way around it, is there? It’s become so obvious…” Where his voice had first sounded cheerful and hoping, it had died down to a quiet, wise whispering. Ior knew what was happening to his body, but refused to have his last moments become one where he was bound to his deathbed like a feeble, miserable plant. No, if he had any choice in this, it would be this; to die with a sword within the palm of his hand. Fall in combat and ascend to Valhalla; such was the way of the warriors of his ancestry. And since no-one was left on this earth to tell him otherwise, it wouldn't be a bother for others. His brothers in arms had fallen decades ago, his wife had passed long before him, and his daughter had been brutally torn from his hands years prior to his supposed retirement, which had kept him from doing so. Ior’s unending mercenary career had given him a status as veteran among veterans even among mercenaries, all until the remainder of his days had it not been for his body deciding to give in to the effect of ageing. Forced to end his career, yet beginning a boring life until death followed was not his thing, so calling out for someone to help him fulfill his final wish was the only thing left for him. And up till now, he was not disappointed by the young female that accompanied him to meet said end. A worthy last opponent, he reckoned.

“Say Kenna, why did you take on this job? I can imagine some would hesitate on taking the less ‘honorable’ requests out there… y’know, not all legal mages out there like innocent blood on their hands, but you? You don’t seem like that kind of person.” The old man said while looking over his shoulder and continuing to walk towards the lake. Clouds had already gathered around the blazing sun early that day, and had now gently started turning darker in color; it was a certainty that a storm was brewing up high, yet it was hard to tell how much longer they’d remain dry. Hours? Minutes? Mother Nature wasn’t planning on revealing her hand that easily to those wandering the outdoors. ”Why? I guess that’s to give you an honorable end. I know many others would turn a blind eye to their morals in order to grant you this final wish, but I’m glad I got here first. As a Soul Realm guardian it’s my utmost duty to see souls can pass on properly, and figured this request was cut out for me. Both as it is my duty, but also as to increase my control over this Soul Realm. Some occasions have left me drained when accidently absorbing a massive amount of souls from the departed due to my lack of control… I wish to change that.” The Etherborn said with great determination, clenching her fist together as she stared at the man. ”I won't fail you.” Ior grinned, his eyes filled with both happiness and sadness. “I have no doubt about that, lass. Not a single one… but let’s go, we’re almost there.” The retired warrior said, pointing at the open field near the lakeside. It was hidden from sight by a rather steep cliff, making it rather obvious that Mother Nature had torn down this once impressive cliff to make way for a natural arena. Within the cliff several holes were dug, some perfectly visible, others creeping deeper into the cliff than the eye could see. “Shelter for the rain. Back in the day we used to train other mercenaries-to-be here, me and the lads… now it’s only used to settle scores or feuds between battle-crazy madmen. Or old men with a conscience.” He laughed at his own joke, seemingly somewhat cheerful at recalling the better memories of his old life. He stared at the rundown arena some more and sighed. “Too bad it has to be this way… I’m sure I would’ve found some fine successors out here, were some still to visit this place.”

The Etherborn nodded slowly. “But times have long since gone, haven't they? Now’s the time to speak action,” She said, summoning her blade to her hand in a fiery mess of flames, and held it by its scabbard as she looked back at the old mercenary. ”Unless you’ve had a change of heart… in which case-" Ior Valiir cut off her sentence with a loud snicker and smiled, drawing his blade. “No. You’re right lass, times have long since gone. And I, Ior Valiir, shan’t have a change of heart before the dawning of battle! Prepare yourself lass, for this fight won’t be an easy one!” The shield on his back was swung unto his arm and fastened with straps in the blink of an eye, while the steel sword got a few practice swings from the veteran. The maiden smiled and unsheathed Antares. ”It’d be a shame if it were to be an easy one, old man! Let’s go!” The first attack was hers to give, her blade’s shining steel clattering unto the sturdy body of his reinforced shield, the impact enough to send a strong shuddering sensation back into her arm. Kenna back-stepped quickly trying to reinstall her grip, and side-stepped when Ior lunged forward, smacking the back of her clenched fist into the elder warrior’s back. He groaned and stumbled forward, allowing the raven-haired maiden a moment to get back in her original position while awaiting for Ior to turn and face her again, not planning on doing something as dishonorably as backstabbing the man. Ior got up swiftly, turned on the back of his heels and started circling around her, his left foot slightly dragging through the dusty sand of the make-shift arena. Blow after blow got exchanged, soft and hard ones alike, both getting minor wounds from their respective endeavors against one another to the point they actually stopped for a breather. Kenna panting rather heavily, while the old mercenary felt only slightly winded compared to her. He smiled. “Surprised you can keep up this long, lass. Most give up after half an hour of bashing into each other.” Ior leant back a bit to relieve his old limbs from their stressed situation and stretched until his back popped, giving a satisfied grunt in reply. “Just tell me when you’re up for the next round lass, we’ll see if you improved in that short bit or not.” His hand swept past the rock his sword leant upon and grabbed the hilt, balancing it in his hand as he walked towards the lakeside and stared over the water’s surface. A single ripple grew from the faraway center of the lake, others following in its wake and pushing it towards the edges without disturbing the tranquility the lake brought. A sigh escaped his lips. God, would he miss this scenery…

ENTER: Imuugi:

The screeching that suddenly echoed through the area pierced through her head, having the Etherborn cringe and drop anything she was doing to grab hold of her head. Something throbbed viciously behind the scar of the shot wound on her forehead, feeling how her consciousness wavered for moment. She regained her footing and clearness of mind rather quickly again, growling a worried comment about the old man and grabbed Antares as she made her way to the lakeside. Her steps carried her swiftly, soon finding herself flying to the forest at breakneck speed towards the source of the screeching and skidded to a halt once she gazed upon the beast that towered above her. Kenna cursed, her sword ready in hand as she circled around the beast’s tall figure, only noticing Ior Valiir on the other side when he attempted another attack on the beast. It screeched and smacked the old man with its tail, sending him flying back several meters straight into a tree. ”Ior!” she shouted at the man currently reduced to a heap of painful grunts, and then pointed her sword at the giant beast. ”This is where it ends!” Her voice sounded close to growling as she stepped closer, swung her sword back and initiated a singular stance as she gazed upon the beast. Eyes sliding down its giant lean figure in search for a weak spot between its scales. The beast length, or so she estimated, was about 20 feet in length and 3 feet in width, a streak of hair following its spine upon its rubbery-scaled hide. Yellow eyes flickered as they took heed of their new prey, baring its vicious fangs as it hissed menacingly at her.  A set of six horns, two larger ones on the back of its head, two above its eyes functioning as eyebrows and two smaller ones in the middle of its nose; its cheeks clad with similar fur as that that followed its spine. It stretched to its full length and took a moment to assess the human before him, deemed it no true danger and lunged. Kenna dodged, slid back to get more distance and then lashed out a first time while silently whispering the name of her spell. ”Itoryu- Shishi Sonson.” The sudden energy that flared from her sword had faded, with the ravenhaired maiden making a motion as if she was sheathing her blade into an imaginary scabbard. A line in similar color as the flaring energy could be seen fading away on the beast’s body; the next blood started gushing out from the cleanly cut wound as it screamed in pain, squirming its body away from the Etherborn. Kenna took this time of relief to run over to the downed mercenary, trying to pull him back up his feet. His body felt heavy, and she realised she was carrying more of his weight on herself than he on his own legs could at this point. His voice however betrayed no such thing and resonated fiery into her ears. ”Of all things, an accursed Imugi! No wonder they abandoned this place. We MUST kill it before it can call for he-ack!” Ior Valiir cringed and clasped his arms around his chest, breathing heavily. Broken bones, Kenna reckoned, and immediately turned to get him away from their current predicament. She’d come back later to deal with it. The retired mercenary stopped her however and exchanged a stern look with the Etherborn, who stared back for several seconds before relenting. ”As you wish, we’ll kill that beast together then.” She sighed, turning them back to face the giant horned snake who too had recovered from its wound and seemed more enraged than ever.

Kenna’s hand reached for the mercenary’s shoulder and gripped it firmly as she whispered several orders into his ear, and then shoved him out of the way to take the Imugi’s attention for herself. As fast as her feet could carry her the Etherborn rushed back into the field, entering dangerously close towards the edge of the giant snake’s range in order to have its eyes solely pinned on her. Once she was certain that was the case, Kenna skidded to a halt and turned back towards the beast, taking a resolute stance in the middle of the field and stabbed Antares into the ground in front of her. A fickle grin appeared upon her face as she rose a hand and motioned at the Imugi to come and get her. ”Come and get me, you fake handbag.” A spine-shivering screech arose from its lungs as it bulged over, arched its body and lunged from a position so close that it would be a certain hit… just as Kenna wanted. The Etherborn did not sidestep, blink or even falter for one moment, and instead just gave the charging beast a smug grin as she extended her hand and merely extended her finger. ”You fool…” The beast stopped in its tracks as soon as it connected with her fingertip, the look on its face more confused than ever before the force it had put in its attack finally backfired; an explosion threw it back several meters, smashing its head into the ground. At this point Ior Valiir rushed forward, slashing at the exposed soft body of the Imugi. His sword cut right through, the beast’s slithering back and forth in a failed attempt to get away only making the matter worse as the elderly mercenary took another slash at the snake’s exposed hide. The sword got stuck between a set of stronger scales and the pommel knocked back into Valiir’s face as the snake squirmed in anguish, gashing his face open in the process. His foot got stuck as he stumbled backwards, fell and landed badly on his back, blinded by the blood in his face. The Etherborn didn’t hesitate and lashed out to distract the beast but it was already too late; the sickening sound of something breaking underneath its ponderous body reached her, followed by a loud roar of pain coming from the mercenary’s frail body. Her voice failed her as she tried to call out his name, and instead was left with one arm extended towards the man, and the other hanging lifelessly beside her.

”Sever.”

One word and one motion. No more was needed for the Imugi to be reduced to a mere remainder of what it once was. Its upper body separated from its lower by the dormant power her sword held. She cared not for the remains of the dead snake, but instead headed towards the man being crushed underneath its body and lifted the lower half up, tossing it away as if it was a mere cloth rather than a giant snake. Kenna sunk to her knees beside Ior’s shattered body, her amber-colored eyes looking into his tired grey eyes, who looked back, be it barely. ”Ior- I’m sorry I didn’t…” ”It’s okay l-lass, we did well. You did well… It’s dead now.” Ior’s voice was no more than a connection of whimpering whispers, and the young maiden had to do her best to make out what he was trying to say. He suddenly shriveled within her arms, groaning painfully. Kenna tried to utter something, but was cut short and instead he motioned at the flickering, bloodstained steel just out of his reach. Kenna nodded and reached out to grab it, pushing it into his palm and then closing his grip around it, keeping her hand around his so he wouldn’t let go. ”You fought wonderfully, and now it’s time for you to join your comrades… isn’t it?” He nodded faintly, his eyes barely open and staring off into the distance without focus. Kenna smiled, loosened his chainmail a bit and rose his hand to his chest. ”Close your eyes, my friend, you’ve earned your rest.” She said, and as she did felt the man exhaling his last breath, and his soul departing from his body. The blue wisp seemed to linger shortly, and she believed to have heard Ior Valiir’s faint words as it faded away. A gentle whisper; a last gesture of thankfulness. ”Kenna… thank you...“

The Etherborn spend the rest of her day digging graves near the arena; one for Ior Valiir, the valiant mercenary, and one for the Imugi, who despite having been her foe, deserved better than to be left to nature’s beck and call. The sun was already setting when she finished the last grave, and nodded to herself as the orange light shone upon the grave-marker she’d made for the deceased mercenary. A whispered last prayer was all she had left to offer. Afterwards, she left the arena and lake behind her, eyes set unto the sun at the horizon.

HP: 200/200
    MP: 100/100
    Battle Report:

wordcount: 2972/1000 --------------  ||  -------------- Outfit
    made by LEMMING

_____________________________________________________________________________________

And be she but Small,
    she is Fierce

When We Face The Last Generation GWsGXSQ

.:} The Road of Desire |Fire Dragon Slayer | Kenna Terrynhain {:.
    .:} The Nightmare in Your Head | Avide - Combat Pet {:.

D~4 ||C~4 ||B~2 ||A~ ||S~

Slots: 4/6

Current date/time is 19th April 2024, 4:46 am