Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

The Rabbit in The Hole [Job with Aiyana]

The Rabbit in The Hole [Job with Aiyana] Empty The Rabbit in The Hole [Job with Aiyana]

Post by Guest 13th December 2016, 10:23 am

Sometimes Tyra found herself surprised by the world she had decided to immerse herself in as of late. Today was just one long version of that feeling. She hadn't been in the guild very long, but this was the second job she was taking. Weirdly enough, this time the only one who could go with her was the guild master, Aiyana. Admittedly, it was a bit intimidating to have the leader help her out. She had heard that something was driving animals out of a nearby forest quite suddenly. It wasn't quite a job, but she'd heard that every wizard around her level had failed, ending up running off and leaving the mystery unsolved. So, when the rumor finally reached Tyra's ears, she immediately was suspicious. She knew her limits though, and had gone looking around the guild for help. Thus, they ended up in this situation. The two women travelling from the desert that the guild was nestled in to a forest that was admittedly quite a distance away from the guild itself. Still, Tyra couldn't help but feel like things were..off. This obviously wasn't normal, but something about it just put her off.

Of course, as they neared the location-the forest itself coming into full view-she suddenly sensed a strange signature. It wasn't huge, but what made it stick out was how..otherworldly it felt. Up until now it had been a trip in relative silence on her end, but when she sensed that signature Tyra froze. Please tell me you feel that too.. She said to Aiyana over the telepathic link she had with pretty much anyone she came into contact with. Generally, nobody had refused to hear her voice. It was something she was very grateful for, as if she couldn't speak to them, she was forced to take her time writing out her responses. It was the biggest pain about being mute, and a constant reminder of why she decided to become a wizard in the first place.

However, before Aiyana could answer, what appeared to be a small female rabbit came hopping along. It was the source of that strange signature, if her senses were to be believed. Tyra just stood there and blinked as she stared at it. It almost looked like it was panting, its little chest heaving rather rapidly for a few seconds before she seemed to catch her breath, standing up on its hind legs, covering its tiny mouth with a paw before clearing its throat. Oh thank goodness, I didn't have to venture far to find people that could help! She said, looking back and forth between Aiyana and Tyra. You see, there is something within this forest that is driving out the animals, from tiny ones like myself, all the way up to the largest of predators. None of us dare get close enough to find out, but I know where the thing driving us out is currently at! Please, help us! We can only do so much.. the rabbit said, leaving the two Wizards to decide what to do.

[511]

Spoiler:
    Cr1tikal
    Cr1tikal

Player 
    Cosmic Coins : 8
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 0

Character Sheet
    First Skill: FrostFire Dragon Slayer
    Second Skill: Cosmic Slayer
    Third Skill:

The Rabbit in The Hole [Job with Aiyana] Empty Re: The Rabbit in The Hole [Job with Aiyana]

Post by Cr1tikal 15th December 2016, 1:01 am

It was an odd instance to have a member of the guild ask her directly to go on a job with her. Normally it was Aiyana doing the asking, or telling a group she had signed them up for one. This time it had been a girl by the name of Tyra Gassion, someone that spoke only through telepathy. There had been a problem out in the spooky forest, something driving out the wildlife for some reason, and the young woman had asked her to come along as backup for her. That wasn't a problem, not one bit. It seemed to be a pretty basic job, something akin to what she had been doing when she first started out as a mage. They were to go to the spooky forest and find out what the problem was, and fix it if at all possible.

The trip had been pretty silent, Tyra staying to herself for the most part. It wasn't until she sensed the strange signature that the girl asked her if she could feel it as well through the telepathic speech. Before the masked nine tailed fox could respond, however, the being in question would show itself; a rabbit? It would begin speaking, as if this was some kind of dream and they were asleep against a tree, and ask them for help while declaring it knew where the thing driving them out was. Remembering to speak aloud, knowing that it would be rude to keep Tyra out of the conversation by telepathically speaking to just the mystical animal, the woman would begin a little bit of questioning of her own. "Well I didn't expect a talking rabbit in the Spooky Forest, but we will gladly take your assistance on this. You're not late for anything, though, are you? And I don't want to go down any rabbit holes. I already have to go down, if you know what I mean. Anyways, could you tell us about anything we may have to worry about as we follow you to this being terrorizing the forest? Or do I have to ask each one 'Who are you?' as we go?" A lot of what she said was things from a book, but no one would believe her if she told them that; not if they knew her at all. Most assumed, because she played the part of the slut so well, that she was either illiterate or refused to read anything. She simply did not read in front of others or feel the need to tell anyone that she did so.

[430]

_____________________________________________________________________________________

The Rabbit in The Hole [Job with Aiyana] MQNhOUw

The Rabbit in The Hole [Job with Aiyana] Empty Re: The Rabbit in The Hole [Job with Aiyana]

Post by Guest 15th December 2016, 3:13 pm

When Aiyana started her bit by making several references, the rabbit had what could only be described as an annoyed look on her face. She gave a sarcastic laugh when Aiyana was finished, giving an annoyed little huff. Still, she did seem to understand what Aiyana was asking-even if Tyra understood her little joke far too well, if her bright red face was any indicator. The little rabbit gave a flourish of a paw as it bowed. My name is Pules the Hare. As for the rest of the animals in the forest..well, I am the only one with a name other than the Vulcans and Lizardmen..but I do my best to avoid them. Regardless though, if your friend agrees with you-which I would imagine is the case? She asked before looking over to Tyra, who only nodded. Pules herself then nodded, turning to face the forest before gesturing for the two to follow, hopping off towards it. Tyra rubbed her face a bit.

Vulcans and Lizardmen..those were definitely out of her league, even if she summoned a big weapon, her weapons were rather weak. She needed to find some way to strengthen them. Regardless though, she could hopefully rely on her guildmaster to take the stronger opponents out, or at least help her fight them off. She needed the experience to figure out how to make her magic more practical-or at the very least useful in a way that wasn't fully supportive. She followed Pules in what the rabbit would consider to be relative silence, but Aiyana would know better. She didn't look at her, but she would hear her voice in her head regardless.

So..this wasn't exactly what I was expecting. Do you have any idea what could be causing this? She asked her guildmaster, her thumb running nervously over the end of the handle of her whip. She had brought it for practicality's sake..but if they were going to be fighting animals-some of which had intelligence-she wasn't quite sure how effective it would be, or how effective she would be in general. She was more meant to be supportive, keep the heavies going. It was annoying, that was for sure. She had started learning magic in the hopes of being able to stop people like the ones that had rendered her mute. As she thought of that day though, a bit of her recalled fear would bleed through the telepathic link, making Aiyana feel just the slightest twinge of fear and sadness as Tyra's hand came up to the long collar that always covered her neck, her fingers pressing against..something that was underneath it.

It seemed that she had a lot of baggage. For now though, the sky seemed to darken as they entered the canopy of the forest. So far, nothing had come around, and Pules had stopped. She looked around for a few seconds, then started moving towards the east. Tyra gave a little sigh as she pulled her whip out. She wanted to be ready. I also guess now would be a bad time to ask if your good at fighting with magic, wouldn't it? She asked as she held the weapon, the whole spiked length still rolled up as it had been on her waist.

[542]
    Cr1tikal
    Cr1tikal

Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Cr1tikal 17th December 2016, 2:32 am

It was clear she had annoyed the rabbit, but Aiyana felt no remorse for the jokes and innuendos she cracked. They were natural for her, and there was no stopping it. Even around her mate, Mao, she did the same; even if they went clear over the lover's head. Ah well, the job would still go on. It wasn't like she was going to just leave because someone had been offended by something she said. The nine tailed fox wasn't that rude. The rabbit gave his name, Pules, as well as spoke about Vulcans and Lizardmen. Vulcans she had dealt with before and her knowledge of lizardmen, though only secondhand, led her to believe she could easily deal with them as well.

As Pules hopped towards the forest, Aiyana would hear the question in her mind about what could be causing this problem. Remembering to be polite, Aiyana would speak through telepathy. "Right now, to scare off vulcans, it would have to be something they could not take over. Something mystical, but not quite flesh and blood. That's all I can guess for now." Aiyana would feel a slight fear and sadness that was not her own, there was no reason for her to feel them, and it caused her to look over to the guild member that had requested her presence for the day. She wanted to comment on it, ask why such emotions would crop up just then, but another question would be brought to her before she could do such a thing. "Am I good at fighting with magic? Well, it depends on who you ask. The King of Fighter's tournament I was in while under Sabertooth was with a different magic, but I should be just fine today. If you need anything just ask, and try not to kill anything. These creatures are scared and are running for their lives. We have no reason to kill them for that, even if they attack us first. Keep an eye out for anything suspicious so we can take care of the source problem and everything will turn out all right." The woman went into a leader mode after answering the question, though maybe it would help with the worry from Trya.

[374]
    [804/1500]

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Post by Guest 20th December 2016, 9:57 pm

When Aiyana told her what would scare away Vulcans, Tyra nodded a bit, looking at her hands, then to her whip..which she promptly put away. Well..if there was anything that was worth trying, it was going to be this..she knew she could make weapons and tools..but she didn't know if she could make it work forming around her. At the worst, she would have to rely on Aiyana for help. At best though, she could pull off fighting a Vulcan without actually fucking up and getting taken over by it. That was actually an idea that legitimately scared her. She knew what would happen if she was Taken Over..she'd try to fight Aiyana..that was a fight she knew she would lose. 

She nodded at Aiyana regardless though. She wasn't all that worried anymore. After all, she had the leader of the guild with her. This was supposedly a job for someone just slightly stronger than her. This shouldn't be a problem at all, right? Yeah, right! She managed a smile. Though, when she looked around, she realized something was..off. The forest shouldn't be getting this dark..should it? She started glancing all around, focusing her paranoia and fear around her fists. This wasn't good. Every little noise, every gust of wind..it was freaking her out. But..wait..some of that was actually sounding like it was getting closer...GUYS, SOMETHING'S COMING! She said, mostly aimed more at Pules, who was bounding along like she didn't hear a thing. As the five creatures came into the clearing, a set of greyish purple blades formed along Tyra's arms..it looked like she had generated a pair of tonfa..or just was holding a pair of swords really awkwardly.

Luckily enough though, it wasn't anything too bad..just a bunch of squirrels, a few rabbits, and perhaps what was going to be the most annoying: a few wolves. And lo and behold, she was right. They were unfortunately standing right in the path of this whole onslaught of forest creatures, and particularly the wolves were the most frightened, snapping out at Tyra while another snapped at Aiyana! Thankfully, she was just fast enough to dodge past the snapping creature..but just barely. Jeez..this wasn't good. She experimentally slashed out at the wolf with one of her tonfa, managing to nick its nose..but that didn't scare it away..if anything it pissed it off. Shit.

[392]

Last edited by Tyra Gassion on 20th December 2016, 10:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
    NPC
    NPC

Mentor : Admin

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by NPC 20th December 2016, 9:57 pm

The member 'Tyra Gassion' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

'Monster Dice' :
    The Rabbit in The Hole [Job with Aiyana] NormalMonster The Rabbit in The Hole [Job with Aiyana] WeakMonster The Rabbit in The Hole [Job with Aiyana] WeakMonster The Rabbit in The Hole [Job with Aiyana] NormalMonster The Rabbit in The Hole [Job with Aiyana] WeakMonster
    Cr1tikal
    Cr1tikal

Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Cr1tikal 3rd January 2017, 12:54 am

It wouldn't be long before they would begin to hear even louder movement amongst the trees. The sounds of panicked animals would ring out even as Tyra's words went off in the heads of those around her. It was clear it was not completely meant for her, given Aiyana would be fine even if ambushed. She had been doing jobs long enough that simple ambushes may as well have been an everyday thing at this point. The guild master would watch as the named rabbit that they were helping began to run for cover as she readied her khopesh in her left hand before speaking aloud. "Memory, give me that Dark Imp today. It should be enough to knock the little ones out before they hurt themselves or us." With that the shadow fairy would bring forth the small black-colored imp that was immune to metal weaponry and attacks. While his immunities didn't mean much here, his small size meant that he wouldn't easily kill even the smallest of creatures he came in contact with. "Don't attack any unless they get aggressive. Most of them should run right by!" Even as she spoke a few squirrels and rabbits would zip right past her, too fearful to worry about stopping when they could simply continue running for their lives.

What wouldn't run past would be the small pack of wolves that came out towards them. There seemed to be eight of them, Aiyana's option of visions letting her see the few that remained in the shadows perfectly fine, and just four were out right now. One had gone for Tyra, and three for the nine tailed fox herself. The wolves before her were simple creatures, not knowing what they were getting into, and with that in mind, the woman would simply clock one across the head hard enough to knock it out until they solved the problem here at the source. With that done the other two, a little further back and out of arm's reach, would begin charging at her. The dark imp would release a small fireball that would just singe fur even as the pain drove it to unconsciousness, though the third would simply find a forceful backhand from Aiyana using her right hand to drive it's mouth into the ground. The creature would live, though might have an even worse headache than the other two once they awoke.

"Are you okay Tyra? There's more in hiding as well, so let me know if you're in trouble and I'll be right at your side immediately!" In the excitement of combat she would say the words aloud, not used to fighting and relaying information automatically through telepathy.

[1252/1500]

Current date/time is 18th April 2024, 11:12 pm