The sword has an odd feeling about it, not wicked, not good, but certainly odd, as if something is inside of it, something unseen or perhaps not even real. The presence tickles at the edges of the mind, pulling for even those untrained in magic to notice it. But whenever someone attempts to truly look into and identify the odd feeling it seems to slip away, forever on the edges and refusing to come to center.
Strengths: -The blade is nearly indestructible and is an excellent tool for deflecting melee attacks of surprising power.
- Capable of erasing entire spells and absorbing all possible damage from said spells, including AOE spells.
- The sword has the rare ability to harm those that are hiding inside of an elemental state. For instance, if someone transforms themselves into shadows and becomes immune to other physical attacks, this sword can still harm them.
Weaknesses: - The sword is unable to change size or shape, so it is naturally weak to some other weapons, such as crossbows.
- The swords natural draw makes the user difficult to notice. The presence coming from the sword may even be mistaken for coming from the holder at times, which may cause unwanted attentions.
- The swords design, while elegant and interesting, is a hazard when fcing skilled swordsman as the hooks and curves on the handle make it easier to hook another blade in there.
- No hand guard so a skilled opponent could target the hand
Duration: Instant use, no duration.
Cooldown: 4 turns
Description: The sword has the ability to devour spells. Any spell that is cast, up to one rank above the user, capping at S rank. The spell is drawn into the blade of the sword, like a vacuum. Lightning bolts, fire balls, healing magic, enchantments, direct or area of effect, it is all swallowed into the darkness. The sword can draw in spells from a range of thirty feet with a total negation of any and all effects from the spell.
Strengths: -The spell is able to negate any one attack of appropriate rank, completely. All damage, all side effects, all of it is just gone. The caster still suffers the same loss in MP and the CD of the spell however.
- The ability is able to absorb and negate even healing spells and buffs, meaning that the wielder can prevent team mates from aiding one another.
- Due to the ability to swallow even AOE spells the sword can work as protection for the wielders allies.
Weaknesses: -The sword is not able to eat summoning spells, such as the celestial keys or other monsters.
- The sword can not eat self enhancement magics, like titan magic.
- The spell can only eat one spell at a time, so multiple attacks at once make its defense useless.
- If the sword absorbs a spell that is one rank higher than the wielder then the cd goes up by one turn.
- Ability 2:
Duration: Constant passive
Cooldown:Passive, no cd
Description: This is a passive, natural ability of the sword. This ability translates roughly to 'cut' and it does just as it says, allowing the holder to cut things that normally wouldn't be harmed by a sword. Specifically, people. An ability that some wizards has is to change their body into their magical element, such as shadow or light, and become immune to physical attacks. This sword bypasses that ability, cutting individuals who are in this elemental form, cutting them as normal and applying normal damage.
Strengths:-Bypasses a common damage reduction technique.
- Applies full damage to unprepared targets
- Capable of blocking melee attacks from elemental opponents
Weaknesses:- Does not deal bonus damage
-Does not cut those in steel form
- Can still be blocked by normal weapons, so smart elemental form fighters can counter it
- Does not affect those in stone form
Last edited by Akryn on 25th March 2018, 3:35 pm; edited 2 times in total