Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Question Thread

redheadedstepchild

Slayer

Slayer

Developer/GFX Artist- Dragon VIP Status- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Slayer- Dragon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- A-Rank- Rich- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Player 
    Cosmic Coins : 0

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Earth God Slayer
    Second Magic: Light Dragon Slayer
    Third Magic:

Star Re: Question Thread

Post by redheadedstepchild 3rd November 2015, 12:41 pm

So some two weeks ago I posted a request to move a thread and have yet to see any activity in the thread moving area. Plus before that I put up a request for some badges. Should I just contact a mod directly if these threads aren't actually getting looked at?
    Ninetails Derpfox

Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Coming Storms- A-Rank- Rich- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- X-Mas Event Participant- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Position : None
    Dungeon Tokens : 0

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Soul
    Second Magic: Ice
    Third Magic:

Post by Ninetails Derpfox 3rd November 2015, 2:30 pm

Batty... I'm looking at that post and it was 5 days ago... so it hasn't even been a week. I've checked the thread as well, and you don't have anything that predates the 26'th of October, and that topic was taken care of.

However, if you ever have something pending for more than 3 days go ahead and pm one of the mods who are normally online, if there's no mods online but there's an admin go ahead and shoot em a message and they'll either take care of it, or tell the mods to get it done as soon as one of em logs on.
    redheadedstepchild

Slayer

Slayer

Developer/GFX Artist- Dragon VIP Status- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Slayer- Dragon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- A-Rank- Rich- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Post by redheadedstepchild 3rd November 2015, 9:25 pm

God it feels like it's been longer than that. :P Maybe I've been stalking this place or something.
    Hana Akki
    Hana Akki

Dragon Slayer- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Novice [250]- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Knight of Spirits
    Guild : Fairy Tail
    Mentor : Yuki the Snow Dragon (Ice dragon slayer magic), 5th Master Heero (registered mentor), and Akeya (Secondary magic)
    Experience : 3,112.5

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Ice Dragon Slayer
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Hana Akki 5th November 2015, 4:15 pm

How does the pet thread work?

_____________________________________________________________________________________

I RUN THIS HERE
    Question Thread - Page 9 WkNRvMP
    ICECREAM PARLOR
    Ninetails Derpfox

Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Coming Storms- A-Rank- Rich- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- X-Mas Event Participant- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Post by Ninetails Derpfox 5th November 2015, 5:29 pm

Click on "Character Registration"

Look for "Weapon/Pet/Item Registration" and click it

Go to "Pet Registration"

Go to "WIP Pets"

The copy the template in the spoiler below, and start a "New Topic"

Title the topic with whatever you want, and in the main section paste the template

Spoiler:

For an explanation of the template:
    "Rank" refers to either: Weak, Strong, Legendary, or Ethereal
    your pet will be "Weak" since you haven't purchased the stronger grade of a pet.

In the Species, I'll let you know that at the moment, humans aren't allowed to be pets. However, angels, demons, aliens, zombies, spirits, fairies (any other human-like creature) is fair game

Type refers to either "Combat" or "Non-combat" pet. Combat pets can fight along side you at any time, and are able to have offensive abilities.

Non-combat pets are unable to fight, and can only be killed by AoE's, but often times have support spells such as buffs, and heals, and never offensive abilities.

In the description, you describe your pet's looks if there's no picture; as well as the personality, if it has one, or any other pertinent information about it.

Abilities can either be passive, such as the pet allows you to fly or walk on water or some other nifty thing, or it can be active such as a meteor storm, a bubble shield, or a spell that heals you for more than and HP Regen could.

Also, your pet's ability's rank is equal to your rank, maxing out at S Rank. This however doesn't apply to the second ability your pet has, which will be 1 rank below your rank. That said, your pet will only have 1 ability slot while you're a D Rank player, but gains the 2nd when you hit C Rank.
    Gamon_Kinzoku
    Gamon_Kinzoku

Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Dragon Slayer- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : Nature's Blessing
    Mentor : Metallicana
    Experience : 1581.25

Character Sheet
    First Magic:
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Gamon_Kinzoku 5th November 2015, 6:36 pm

Hey... so I donated I think it was a little over a week ago. I also put into the VIP shop to purchase the regular status. I was just wondering when I might get that.

Also if I want to up grade my status to a higher level would it be at lesser cost?

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Question Thread - Page 9 Te9PCpv

Missions Completed
    D: 7
    C: 0
    B: 0
    A: 0
    S: 0
    Ninetails Derpfox

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Post by Ninetails Derpfox 5th November 2015, 6:50 pm

Gamon_Kinzoku wrote:Hey... so I donated I think it was a little over a week ago. I also put into the VIP shop to purchase the regular status. I was just wondering when I might get that.

Also if I want to up grade my status to a higher level would it be at lesser cost?

Since it's been about a week, give or take a day or two, please send a Private Message to one of the site's admins: Thorn, Alyia, or Aedre; and one of them should be able to take care of you.

If you wish to upgrade to a higher level of VIP status, you need only pay the difference in CC. For example, if you wanted to buy the 50$ VIP status, you'd only pay 25$ since you already bought the Tier 1 VIP.
    Sybil
    Sybil

The Star Child

The Star Child

Developer/GFX Artist- Knight VIP Status- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Coming Storms- Guild Master- Dark Guild Ace- Fan Art Contest Participant- Haiku Contest Participant- Rich- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 1st Place Event/Contest Winner- 2nd Place Event/Contest Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Weapon of Apocalypse Wielder- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Comet
    Guild : Sabertooth
    Cosmic Coins : 39
    Experience : 5,657.5

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Star Child
    Second Magic: Arc of Time
    Third Magic:

Post by Sybil 4th January 2016, 6:38 pm

I got a glow via trade from Dig dug, check with him if you need the details/proof. I was wondering if i could try and get that glow applied with a white? (might poke someone to change it to another color later if it looks bad with the green! be prepared!)

Ninetails Derpfox

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Post by Ninetails Derpfox 4th January 2016, 6:40 pm

An administrator is the only one who can apply glowing effects. I advise sending a private message to one of them, please also include a link to the trade/thread where you got it.
    Javel
    Javel

Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Player 
    Lineage : Ancient Sealer
    Guild : Savage Skull
    Experience : 250

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Requip: The Soul
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Javel 15th January 2016, 10:21 pm

I have a question regarding requip. Why do armours and weapons have durations and cooldowns? Are equipped items not permanent and only last for said duration before disappearing?

Ninetails Derpfox

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Post by Ninetails Derpfox 15th January 2016, 10:30 pm

Javel wrote:I have a question regarding requip. Why do armours and weapons have durations and cooldowns? Are equipped items not permanent and only last for said duration before disappearing?

Requip magic is you casting a spell to create the armour, or summon it from an alternate world. The weapon/armour/item isn't able to linger indefinitely since:

- If created from magic, the magic will fade
    - If from a different dimension, it cannot continuously support its existence outside of its own dimension

Or at least that's my idea about it...
    Javel
    Javel

Character Sheet
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Javel 15th January 2016, 10:36 pm

What about items that come from the 'material' world? Could a requip user use a weapon or armor that won't disappear or would that be too overpowered?
    redheadedstepchild

Slayer

Slayer

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Post by redheadedstepchild 15th January 2016, 10:48 pm

That will likely get turned down just for the sake of balancing pvp. However during jobs you have leeway to make things last a bit longer or do a bit more damage.
    Hikachu
    Hikachu

Grand Duelist

Grand Duelist

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Rising Star- Guild Master- Legal Guild Ace- S-Rank- A-Rank- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- X-Mas Event Participant- Rainbow- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Knight of Destiny
    Guild : ɢᴀʀᴏᴜ ᴋɴɪɢʜᴛs
    Cosmic Coins : 6
    Experience : 212.5

Character Sheet
    First Magic: ❅ ᴀʀᴄᴛɪᴄ ɴᴇᴍᴇsɪs
    Second Magic: ヽ(*≧ω≦)ノ
    Third Magic:

Post by Hikachu 15th January 2016, 11:11 pm

Javel wrote:What about items that come from the 'material' world? Could a requip user use a weapon or armor that won't disappear or would that be too overpowered?

If you're going for Re-quip magic, both weapons and armours must disappear once their durations are over. However, you can create a weapon that won't disappear, but not in the magic section.

Question Thread - Page 9 JhB4MAf

Profile | Magic | History | Vault

theme | battle theme

Hana Akki
    Hana Akki

Dragon Slayer- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Novice [250]- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Knight of Spirits
    Mentor : Yuki the Snow Dragon (Ice dragon slayer magic), 5th Master Heero (registered mentor), and Akeya (Secondary magic)
    Experience : 3,112.5

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Ice Dragon Slayer
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Hana Akki 19th January 2016, 5:59 pm

I tried finding the answer to my question in the magic rules and couldn't find it, so Imma just ask here. In a post, what's the limit of spells we can cast?

I RUN THIS HERE
    Question Thread - Page 9 WkNRvMP
    ICECREAM PARLOR
    Lexa Grimoire
    Lexa Grimoire

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Legal Guild Ace- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- X-Mas Event Participant- Player 
    Lineage : Armored Beast
    Guild : Guildless
    Mentor : Gabriel & Legion
    Experience : 2925

Character Sheet
    First Magic: True Circuit
    Second Magic: Lillian Grimoire
    Third Magic:

Post by Lexa Grimoire 19th January 2016, 6:20 pm

Hana Akki wrote:I tried finding the answer to my question in the magic rules and couldn't find it, so Imma just ask here. In a post, what's the limit of spells we can cast?

There's no limit for standard RP. During PvP it's limited to what your opponent can tolerate before whining.
    Javel
    Javel

Character Sheet
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Javel 21st January 2016, 11:49 am

Kinda curious, what is this forum's stand on modified Face claims? Say for example someone claims Natsu as FC but photoshops hair white. Is that tolerable or are we strictly limited to how the Face claim looks (save for clothing)?

Blood Plus
    Blood Plus

Lightning Bolt Gif

Lightning Bolt Gif

Administrator- Moderator- Main Account- Dragon VIP Status- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Mythical- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Slayer- Dragon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- Wanderer- Eevee- Working Together- Christian Minecraft Server- I Have Friends...- Teaming Up!- Achiever- Expert Achiever- Buddy Buddy- Sticking Around- Taskmaster- Rich- Veteran Level 6- Veteran Level 5- Veteran Level 4- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Cookie Achievement- Hero- Summer Special Participant- Have Onida On Your Friend's List- Have an Admin as a friend!- Player 
    Lineage : Huntress Mango
    Guild : Divine Calamity
    Cosmic Coins : 25
    Experience : 75

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Angelic Acquiescene
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Blood Plus 21st January 2016, 1:39 pm

There's no stopper on creativity.

Although using FCs from Fairy Tail specifically is ill advised (from what I've heard, you could've just been using Natsu as a random example idk). If you wanna use a female version of Kakashi Hatake, go right ahead. I've seen plenty of people use custom versions of FCs. Some people even use pokémon gijinkas so knock yourself out.

•  DIRECTORY

Question Thread - Page 9 CNMQ731
    Chesha
    Chesha

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- 1st Place Event/Contest Winner- 3rd Place Event/Contest Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Player 
    Lineage : Lucifer's Descendant
    Guild : Guildless
    Experience : 10762.5

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Spatial Devourer
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Chesha 22nd January 2016, 3:00 am

Javel wrote:Kinda curious, what is this forum's stand on modified Face claims? Say for example someone claims Natsu as FC but photoshops hair white. Is that tolerable or are we strictly limited to how the Face claim looks (save for clothing)?

I've always considered FCs more as a "guideline" of what they look like, but not 100% true unless the person states such. My character has ears and a tail, but I don't want to mess up the drawings (and too lazy to edit to the correct hair/eye color for instance). Just to add onto what Blood said *scurries off*

Godlike Frederik
    Godlike Frederik
    The Forsaken

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- 11 Sinner- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Apex of Darkness
    Guild : Errings Rising
    Experience : 258,417

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Plague Craft
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Godlike Frederik 22nd January 2016, 6:03 am

as the two above me said, no big deal on using a face claim from the anime, as long as your character on itself isn't canon.

Javel
    Javel

Character Sheet
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Javel 7th February 2016, 3:26 pm

How are mythical items obtained?

Ninetails Derpfox

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Post by Ninetails Derpfox 7th February 2016, 4:04 pm

They're bought with Cosmic Coin, normally as part of the "Item Of The Month" releases.
    Javel
    Javel

Character Sheet
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Javel 8th March 2016, 9:04 pm

Coming back to this forum thread.

Are competitive custom missions allowed to be made, as where light mages and dark mages are pitted against one another in a mission thread with competing/contrasting objectives?

Ninetails Derpfox

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Post by Ninetails Derpfox 8th March 2016, 9:11 pm

Javel wrote:Coming back to this forum thread.

Are competitive custom missions allowed to be made, as where light mages and dark mages are pitted against one another in a mission thread with competing/contrasting objectives?

These sorts of missions may be tricky to perform, but there is no policy against them. By all means, go ahead and make one and remember to post on the "Job Creation Approval" thread located in the "Jobs" section of site.
    Nao
    Nao

Quality Badge Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Player 
    Lineage : Clone of the First Clone
    Guild : Black Sails
    Mentor : Nao (Primary) Gem of Time (Secondary)
    Experience : 49,325

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Water Dragon Slayer (First Gen)
    Second Magic: Chronokinesis
    Third Magic:

Post by Nao 11th March 2016, 5:28 am

Riddle me this:

How does trading up work when it comes to getting that artifact slot? By sacrificing both legendary weapon and armour slots does the artifact slot you gain mean you can now have 3 artifacts instead of the maximum of 2? Or would it just be pointless?

Edit: Bonus question: Does it require you to have purchased items for those slots? If so do you get a refund too? Or else you're basically spending 60-120K jewels so that you can spend more jewels on less items.

Profile Magic Bank

Current date/time is 28th March 2024, 2:45 am