Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Record of past guilds

weretiger5411
    weretiger5411

The Maker's necromancer

The Maker's necromancer

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Lineage Making Contest Participant- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Novice [250]- Player 
    Position : None
    Guild : Guildless
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 150

Character Sheet
    First Skill: SOTL
    Second Skill: NA
    Third Skill:

Record of past guilds Empty Record of past guilds

Post by weretiger5411 26th October 2016, 12:32 pm

So like others on the site we all notice some guilds are being required to close unless they gather enough active members for them. This is not here to discuss whether that is fair or not.This is here to suggest of making a thread that has all the past guilds info that had existed and closed for whatever reason. I would like this around since it's a part of both the site's and story's history, and is a nice way of honoring their attempt to become something on here. This could also be used to revive older guilds or help create new ones by borrowing information, though I do believe if this thread would be made then it's only for guilds that were successful in setting up and running.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

"Those who do not fear power, are too easily destroyed by it."

"Humans are the biggest monsters. How else can you explain a dragon's need to burn down their homes, a demon's need to slaughter them, or a god's attempt at brainwashing them to devote loyalty? It is because we have the greatest chance to destroy them with whatever else gets in our way, and slayers are not the only method how."-Zecarayus Trevelean

Note: Until I get this in his character sheet, his name is changed to nevarran. Same soul though!

info on apps:

Record of past guilds Empty Re: Record of past guilds

Post by Guest 26th October 2016, 1:51 pm

I don't understand the point of this; it's more like a waste of memory space in my opinion. They don't need a "place of honor" per se because some of the guilds haven't done anything very notable other than exist, and the "borrowing" of information from those guilds could easily pass off as or become plagiarism if the guild's creator doesn't give permission for the information to be used.

And to have this, we first need a site story/history. We do not even have that. So why make a dedication to something that doesn't exist/have a written record of?
    Anastasia Isayev
    Anastasia Isayev

Moderator- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Guild Master- S-Rank- A-Rank- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : Valkyrian
    Guild : Black Sails GM
    Mentor : [Primary] Ivan Isayev [Secondary] Fafnir, the World Dragon
    Experience : 321116

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Mechanized REquip
    Second Skill: Dragons' Champion
    Third Skill:

Post by Anastasia Isayev 26th October 2016, 2:06 pm

Eh.. I don't see a big problem with it.
    It would be nice to even give a little shout-out to all past guilds on things they may have done or even notable characters that were in the guild.

You can give shout-outs to past guilds without outlining what their vision or objective was (to help alleviate plagiarism).

Then again, the slippery slope argument can be made that the past events such as The Priory of the Wyrm and The Rising Tide would also need to be listed somewhere in the Annals of History as they were two relatively big events that happened on the site's storyline. That would require a LOT of work; work that I don't foresee anyone taking the time or effort to accomplish.

While it IS nice to record this information, I don't find it very feasible. Nor do I foresee that stupid rick-roll in the Story Tab going away any time soon. (Which, i won't lie, almost made me not want to join the site upon initially joining due to how immature it was) But that's a story for another time >.>

_____________________________________________________________________________________

[Character Approval] [Mechanized REquip Spells] [Dragons' Champion] [The Eye of Odin] [Bank]
    Wave your banner!  
    Join the Black Sails today!
    The Guild is Set to OPEN!  -- This means, feel free to join!
    Cirven
    Cirven

Devil's Advocate

Devil's Advocate

Moderator- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Guild Master- Demon Slayer- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : The Devil Jester
    Experience : 833,050

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Devil's Zeal
    Second Skill: Aphyon Jivven
    Third Skill: Vir'ednith

Post by Cirven 26th October 2016, 2:10 pm

*Tried making a site lore in the past and it flopped....*

Record of past guilds LxcTBIi
    Character Info:

Post by Guest 26th October 2016, 4:04 pm

If we truly want this to happen, wouldn't it be better placing it on google drive?? :) that way, everyone can access it and it wouldn't waste any of the memory here ^.^

Also, although some have just existed for existence purposes. It would be very nice to at least write down what was noticeable of them. :)
    weretiger5411
    weretiger5411

The Maker's necromancer

The Maker's necromancer

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Lineage Making Contest Participant- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Novice [250]- Player 
    Experience : 150

Character Sheet
    First Skill: SOTL
    Second Skill: NA
    Third Skill:

Post by weretiger5411 26th October 2016, 4:26 pm

Well first no it's not a necessary thing but I think it would be nice to acknowledge the previous guilds that have been successfully started up and at the same time ease the blow of having your guild close down if it did. The thing is that it does take a quite amount of effort in finding people and gathering the funds(usually), so any of them successfully starting up should be noted.

As for chance of plagiarism one can easily argue that we have that now, most light guilds have the same main goal with little variation. The same can be said for dark guilds as well, I'm not wanting to bring up the argument of what is and what is not plagiarism currently on the site here. Just wanted to point out that to deny something off the basis of plagiarism on this site isn't the strongest point.  

And while it would be nice to have that history part of lore for the site, I do see the complications with that. So is it possible to have a OCC tracker of all the previous guilds then? Not forced to be part of the story but people can choose to acknowledge the previous guilds in their rps if they didn't know them before. I would say include the guild name and their mission statements at least for it. It would be preferable to have recorded the members who stuck around until their end, when the guild ended, and why it ended. And finally if memory is a issue then google docs is a good answer for that since you can share any document so as long you offer the link and it's done properly.

"Those who do not fear power, are too easily destroyed by it."

"Humans are the biggest monsters. How else can you explain a dragon's need to burn down their homes, a demon's need to slaughter them, or a god's attempt at brainwashing them to devote loyalty? It is because we have the greatest chance to destroy them with whatever else gets in our way, and slayers are not the only method how."-Zecarayus Trevelean

Note: Until I get this in his character sheet, his name is changed to nevarran. Same soul though!

info on apps:

Post by Guest 26th October 2016, 4:44 pm

^ Google drive can contain tons and tons of docs! x)
    Anastasia Isayev
    Anastasia Isayev

Moderator- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Guild Master- S-Rank- A-Rank- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Anastasia Isayev 26th October 2016, 6:14 pm

If it's an independent project, I don't see a problem with it. However, unless permission is granted by the admin (or event team), I wouldn't expect it to be stickied or anything, unfortunately.

[Character Approval] [Mechanized REquip Spells] [Dragons' Champion] [The Eye of Odin] [Bank]
    Wave your banner!  

Post by Guest 26th October 2016, 6:44 pm

I wouldn't mind making it an independent project if it needs to be ^.^ I would need a few people to help however as I haven't been here for that long tbh.
    Kirahunter
    Kirahunter

The Phoenix

The Phoenix

Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Rising Star- Guild Master- Demon Slayer- S-Rank- A-Rank- Haiku Contest Participant- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Hero- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Keeper of War
    Experience : 1,250

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Seith - Human Possession
    Second Skill: Stardust
    Third Skill:

Post by Kirahunter 27th October 2016, 7:01 pm

If someone wants to record history I know it. Just ask me and I can tell. I'm a bit busy to be going and writing history text books myself but I can give you the low down on days long past. If you want to get real ancient Member #7 is still haunting around here.

[20:44:53] Kirahunter : also I like the sound of my own voice
    [20:44:59] Kirahunter : so I had to say something

Missions Completed

D- 6 (150 exp)
    C- 1 (50 exp)
    B- 1 (1,050 exp)
    A- 0
    S- 0

Total:1250

Character
    Primary Magic
    Almyra Bys
    Almyra Bys

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Rising Star- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Armored Beast
    Cosmic Coins : 41
    Mentor : None
    Experience : 1787.5

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Chaos Theory
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Almyra Bys 28th October 2016, 4:10 pm

Anastasia Isayev wrote:Eh.. I don't see a big problem with it.
    It would be nice to even give a little shout-out to all past guilds on things they may have done or even notable characters that were in the guild.  

You can give shout-outs to past guilds without outlining what their vision or objective was (to help alleviate plagiarism).

Then again, the slippery slope argument can be made that the past events such as The Priory of the Wyrm and The Rising Tide would also need to be listed somewhere in the Annals of History as they were two relatively big events that happened on the site's storyline.  That would require a LOT of work; work that I don't foresee anyone taking the time or effort to accomplish.

While it IS nice to record this information, I don't find it very feasible.  Nor do I foresee that stupid rick-roll in the Story Tab going away any time soon.  (Which, i won't lie, almost made me not want to join the site upon initially joining due to how immature it was) But that's a story for another time >.>
    I mean, why not both? It's been suggested before that an archive of past events be made. It wouldn't be too hard to just have a thread with the links to the event threads.

Character|Magic|Bank
    Record of past guilds 3MA5V3N
    Theme
    Button count: 1035
    Other siggies:
    Anastasia Isayev
    Anastasia Isayev

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Anastasia Isayev 28th October 2016, 9:00 pm

I guess, then, the links to those archived threads need to be unearthed (Why they were archived is beyond me).

Wave your banner!  

Current date/time is 19th April 2024, 9:40 am