Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Mashyuu and Sorano in: Spirited Away?

redheadedstepchild

Slayer

Slayer

Developer/GFX Artist- Dragon VIP Status- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Slayer- Dragon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- A-Rank- Rich- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Player 
    Cosmic Coins : 0

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Earth God Slayer
    Second Skill: Light Dragon Slayer
    Third Skill:

Mashyuu and Sorano in: Spirited Away? Empty Mashyuu and Sorano in: Spirited Away?

Post by redheadedstepchild 27th August 2016, 8:52 pm

Job Details:

Standing outside of the Sabertooth Guild Hall, after helping a fallen Guild Mate find peace, Mashyuu looked up. His body and mind weakened from the encounter but not to the point that he couldn't function. Gently he pulled his grey leather jacket over his shoulders to a comfortable position and let his sky blue eyes take in the majesty of the Sabertooth guild hall. Slowly he flexed his hands and looked to Hoseki who was standing next to the Earth Wizard and the two took a few steps towards the guilds bar when they were enveloped in a flash of light and vanished...

The pair appeared again in a dark forest, their shadows danced and waved for a moment and Mashyuu and Hoseki were hit with various scents all at once. "Smells like Itori... and a few others we know. Mostly just different guilds I've been in contact with." Mashyuu whispered while jumping on Hoseki's back. "Indeed, lets get to higher ground and see if we can find where we are and what happened." Hoseki suggested and beat his large wings to take off high into the sky. Above the sun seemed to be eclipsed by a dark moon, casting a strange shadow over the forest the pair found themselves in. It took a few minutes of scanning the forest for the pair to see what was actually happening but it seemed like animal like spirits were kidnapping people from Earthland and transporting them to wherever they were now. Those who couldn't fight back were being led through the forest to a location Mashyuu and Hoseki couldn't see from where they were in the sky.

Various animal spirits attacked and led humans through the purple hued forest, until they vanished from sight. Mashyuu took a quick glance above him and wondered if any of these things could fly. "Hoseki, lets get a closer look and see if we can find anyone we know down here. I'd rather not fight and put anyone in danger until we know what we are dealing with." Hoseki nodded his head and swooped in just under the canopy of branches to get a closer look for anyone who might be an ally or at least be able to offer some information. Mashyuu, it seems you are on another planet. You need to be careful here. I don't know anything about this realm but the sun being eclipsed is strange to say the least. Those are Yōkai, trickster animals. Whatever they need humans for can't be good. Unless this is just one big prank that got out of hand. Ux, the spirit in the ring on Mashyuu's right hand informed Mashyuu as Hoseki glided from tree to tree.

WC: 452

#####
    Post #
    Tagged

Marshy @ THQ
    ivyleaf33
    ivyleaf33

Moderator- Main Account- Alignment Shift- Dragon VIP Status- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Rising Star- Guild Master- Dark Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Wanderer- Eevee- Working Together- Forever Solo- Christian Minecraft Server- Teaming Up!- Limited Edition- Achiever- Expert Achiever- Buddy Buddy- Obligatory Beach Episode- Sticking Around- Loyal to the Bone- Fan Artist- Taskmaster- Halloween gfx'ers- Halloween Social- Halloween job event participant - Fan Art Contest Participant- Haiku Contest Participant- Rich- Veteran Level 4- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Tertiary Magic- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 2nd Place Event/Contest Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Summer Special Participant- Have Onida On Your Friend's List- Player 
    Lineage : Spirit Warrior
    Position : None
    Guild : Fairy Tail
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : Speculo (former)
    Experience : 779,415

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Advanced Solid Script
    Second Skill: Aura Manipulation
    Third Skill: N/A

Mashyuu and Sorano in: Spirited Away? Empty Re: Mashyuu and Sorano in: Spirited Away?

Post by ivyleaf33 28th August 2016, 6:47 am

GRACE UNDER FIRE
    Nodding and thanking the librarian as quickly as possible, the disguised mage left the library as fast as she could without looking suspicious. Within her mind, millions names and various chains of information swirled throughout her head. However, all of them revolved around several fragments of information. Kidnapped, gone, vanished. Dates, situations, and all sorts of things leapt through her mind, and she found it tough to keep all the information absorbed in. She had done something she hated doing, and here she was, experiencing the literal headache of a consequence. Having recently developed an ability to strip books of all their knowledge, transferring it all into her own mind, she hadn't been sure whether it was blessing or curse. She felt it was sabotage of the books, and it left her in a terrible mess. However, she had to work to solve this case, and fast.

This time, she felt it was more closely related to herself, seeing as how an acquaintance of hers had vanished a while ago as well. Whether it was related to this case or not, it would be best to find out, if only just for his older brother. Briskly moving down the street, forming ever more barriers in her mind to keep her head clear, Sorano suddenly found herself somewhere else. "Ah...?" A surprised sound escaped her lungs as she suddenly found herself immediately transported to a place she immediately recognized. The weird skies, the random things and animals floating around, yup, it had to be Nazo. By now, Sorano had already visited most the planets with a Wakusei Portal, including the famously weird Nazo. As she stood, she suddenly found her feet sliding apart, as if she stood on a sheet of marbles. Yup, the weirdness was included in the physics.

Awkwardly sliding around an inch above the ground, the letter mage now had to determine why exactly she was here. Having not brought Hoshi out on this excursion, it was rather lonely. Cautiously leaning against what looked like a boulder, Sorano relaxed to get a hold on her surroundings. It appeared she was on a long flat plain, stretching far to one side,and she was at the edge of a dark forest on the other. Hearing a commotion echo from the trees, the letter mage leaned over to check things out. As she stood, fighting to keep her feet still, she spotted two animal-like beings step out, a human held in between them. As the weird physics applied to them as well, each was doing something different. One walked stiffly and stepped down extra hard, as if afraid to float away, and one's feet kept sinking into the ground. Narrowing her eyes, Sorano would approach the woodsy area. Checking the sky to see if there was anything that could attack from there, eyes widened as a dark shape seemed to be flying about the forest. A familiar aura. Good. She would begin to approach the Sabertooth mage, hoping it wasn't another trick of Nazo's.
    503tagged

Note:

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Mashyuu and Sorano in: Spirited Away? B2WXv4aK_o
    sorano granon | solid script | aura manipulation | bank | armory
    i pretend i really liked it this way-- you see, my heart won't die, though i've really tried.

redheadedstepchild

Slayer

Slayer

Developer/GFX Artist- Dragon VIP Status- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Slayer- Dragon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- A-Rank- Rich- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Mashyuu and Sorano in: Spirited Away? Empty Re: Mashyuu and Sorano in: Spirited Away?

Post by redheadedstepchild 28th August 2016, 9:26 pm

Notes:

Soaring through the trees Hoseki started to drift to the side and fall out of the sky until Mashyuu patted Hoseki on the neck, a signal for Hoseki to land at the base of a tree at the edge of the forest. His nostrils flared up and a smile crept over his face. "Fairy Tail Wizard, come out, I won't hurt you." Mashyuu called out into the darkness of the forests edge. Carefully he slid off Hoseki and found his legs starting to spread as if he were on a floor of ice. He whispered a soft word to his hammer and it's magic let him float off the ground effortlessly. As the wizard from Fairy Tail revealed herself Mashyuu was almost taken aback to see that she did not look like anyone Mashyuu had seen before. Silently Mashyuu looked at the woman with sky blue eyes while he floated off the ground like he were some sort of dark angel. Very cute. He thought to himself. She was younger than he was but she looked like she could be his kawaii little sister at the very least.

Slowly he cleared his throat and reminded himself of what he was doing. "Right... How did you get here? Do you know where here is? Also, what are these spirit animals carrying around humans? Are you hurt?" Mashyuu bombarded the girl with questions while looking over his shoulder to make sure that they weren't being watched, there wouldn't be much time before something spotted them and Mashyuu wasn't the best with fighting ghosts. Hoseki flapped his wings until he was able to balance in the sky again and took a deep breath. "Mashyuu we shouldn't stay in the same palce for too long. It wouldn't be wise until we know what we are dealing with. If your friend is coming with us then she can ride on my back." Hoseki explained. Mashyuu looked back to the Dragon and held his hand up. "Relax for a minute, lets not rush anything right now. Not until we have a game plan.... This by the way..." Mashyuu looked back to the woman. "Is Hoseki, a Gem Dragon and my friend. He won't hurt you. In fact his best weapon is a shield so if anything he will help you."

Mashyuu's blue eyes scanned the clearing outside the forest and wondered if it was better to simply go out there and skirt the forest, even if to just get a feel for how big the forest was and see if there were any spirit guards on the edge of the forest.

WC: 441

#####
    Post #
    Tagged

Marshy @ THQ
    ivyleaf33
    ivyleaf33

Moderator- Main Account- Alignment Shift- Dragon VIP Status- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Rising Star- Guild Master- Dark Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Wanderer- Eevee- Working Together- Forever Solo- Christian Minecraft Server- Teaming Up!- Limited Edition- Achiever- Expert Achiever- Buddy Buddy- Obligatory Beach Episode- Sticking Around- Loyal to the Bone- Fan Artist- Taskmaster- Halloween gfx'ers- Halloween Social- Halloween job event participant - Fan Art Contest Participant- Haiku Contest Participant- Rich- Veteran Level 4- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Tertiary Magic- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 2nd Place Event/Contest Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Summer Special Participant- Have Onida On Your Friend's List- Player 

Character Sheet

Post by ivyleaf33 29th August 2016, 7:44 am

GRACE UNDER FIRE
    Glancing up as she heard the familiar Sabertooth mage's voice call down from the treetops, she wondered whether to be panicked or relieved that Mashyuu seemed to recognize her. I mean, it made sense, right? She knew dragon slayers had an excellent sense of smell, and he had likely recognized that. As he floated into view, she began to open her mouth to greet Mashyuu cautiously, unsure of how this former job partner would view her now that she was technically in a dark guild. However, as he floated closer, she suddenly saw confusion cloud the mage's aura. Ah. So he couldn't recognize her appearance. She supposed the absence of Hoshi likely confused him as well, seeing as she seemed to go everywhere with the creature.

Blinking and pausing a bit, Mashyuu would seem to remember what he was doing, quickly firing away questions at her as if she were any other random kid wandering around on another planet. Deciding against revealing her identity immediately; Mashyuu would find out eventually with his skills anyways, Sorano easily thought up of a cover story of sorts. Reaching into her bag, she would pull out a small slate, writing upon it at a pace slightly slower than her usual supernatural speed. "I'm not quite sure. Appeared here while walking home from school. Pretty sure this planet from Wakusei P. I don't know. No." After scribbling these short answers down, Sorano would gesture at her ears and make a cross with her fingers to represent that she was "deaf". This would do until she could figure out Mashyuu's opinion on the sudden dark-ifying of Fairy Tail, something she should be able to figure out pretty fast. Then, it was stay and help out, or quietly exit stage left. She was mostly sure Mashyuu wouldn't kill her, right? Sabertooth had morals after all.

Glancing in an unconcerned manner at the dragon, Sorano would nod slightly at Mashyuu's reassurances that she sure didn't need. Reassurances he might not be able to keep? Who knew? "I'm good. Know some magic." She scribbled quickly on the slate, in order to explain the magic signature that she quashed slightly to make her appear weaker, maybe around rank C. "What are you doing here rn?" Was added next accompanied by a questioning look from Miss Emotionless. Meanwhile, as she kept up the small "talk", dark eyes would begin the process of trying to scan Mashyuu's emotional reactions to different things she might drop, as well as his surroundings to check his opinion of her guild.
    425tagged

_____________________________________________________________________________________

i pretend i really liked it this way-- you see, my heart won't die, though i've really tried.

redheadedstepchild

Slayer

Slayer

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by redheadedstepchild 30th August 2016, 5:24 am

Notes:

Mashyuu squinted his eyes at the woman who signaled she was hard of hearing. All things considered she must have had very good eyes since she was so good at reading Mashyuu's lips in the darkened forest. "Don't lie to me. The Fairy Tail guild is nowhere near a school. I'm the closest thing to a guild Master you're gonna find here considering I'm married to the Fairy Tail Guild Master, Kanix." Mashyuu held up his left hand and pulled off his red and black leather glove, showing the woman a small gold band around his left finger. swiftly he pulled the glove back on his left hand and flexed his fingers to tighten the fabric up. At the moment the woman felt like a lower ranked Wizard and while that was fine in most situations Mashyuu was lost in the world and having to keep another safe might be a hard thing to do when he wasn't even sure what he was actually dealing with. The Earth Wizard frowned. "I don't know what I'm doing here... Was standing in front of the guild hall before I vanished and appeared back in the forest. Moved to quick to get caught by those spirits... I think maybe digging you a hole and letting you wait there might be best. If you see any more of your guild mates around let them know I'm here and they will find me. com help and we can figure out how to get out of here." Gently Mashyuu pointed to the ground next to the deaf Wizard with his fist and spread his fingers. The ground opened up some six feet deep and four feet wide, small make shift hand holds were placed in the side of the hole to climb in and out of with ease. "Sorry, I haven't mastered building a house yet. A hole will have to do." Instead of letting any sort of judgement for the Fairy Tail Wizard wash over his face Mashyuu seemed much more occupied with trying to figure out what the hell was happening around the group. Through the forest a loud ruffling started to roll towards the Wizards and Mashyuu stepped in front of the woman next to him without thinking. "There is a good chance these things just want to play games and the human's are afraid because they don't know that. Whatever comes through the forest just stay calm. I promise everything will be fine."

WC: 415

#####
    Post #
    Tagged

Marshy @ THQ
    NPC
    NPC

Mentor : Admin

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by NPC 30th August 2016, 5:24 am

The member 'Mashyuu' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

'Monster Dice' :
    Mashyuu and Sorano in: Spirited Away? WeakMonster Mashyuu and Sorano in: Spirited Away? NormalMonster Mashyuu and Sorano in: Spirited Away? WeakMonster Mashyuu and Sorano in: Spirited Away? NormalMonster Mashyuu and Sorano in: Spirited Away? NormalMonster Mashyuu and Sorano in: Spirited Away? WeakMonster Mashyuu and Sorano in: Spirited Away? StrongMonster Mashyuu and Sorano in: Spirited Away? NormalMonster Mashyuu and Sorano in: Spirited Away? WeakMonster Mashyuu and Sorano in: Spirited Away? StrongMonster Mashyuu and Sorano in: Spirited Away? StrongMonster Mashyuu and Sorano in: Spirited Away? NormalMonster Mashyuu and Sorano in: Spirited Away? NormalMonster Mashyuu and Sorano in: Spirited Away? WeakMonster Mashyuu and Sorano in: Spirited Away? NormalMonster
    ivyleaf33
    ivyleaf33

Character Sheet

Post by ivyleaf33 30th August 2016, 8:18 am

GRACE UNDER FIRE
    Wait. Wait. Wwhaaaaaaaaaaatttttt?!?!? That's what probably would have been happening in Sorano's mind as the news was abruptly shoved in her face. Oh. Oh. Okay... How did she not know this? Had she been away from the guild when everyone was told? Or did Kanix mostly keep it a secret? Mind brimming with questions, the relief at being with, well, a person who wasn't against Fairy Tail went by unnoticed. Still, Kanix was married to Mashyuu? She'd known that the imposing Mother of Faeries was indeed married, but to this guy? How did Mashyuu even manage to live with her? Wouldn't Kanix have bitten his tongue off long ago? Wha—sjxjelkftdtgojpjppmmmhphpjp? But, of course, she being such a dignified image of a perfect young lady, Sorano wasn't about to think such noisy thoughts!

Anywho, she now had to contemplate whether to show Mashyuu who she was exactly, as though he seemed to recognize she was a mage of Fairy Tail, he apparently had no idea that this was the Miss Emotionless he had been acquainted with already. Naturally, being the person she was, this decision would take an extremely long time , time she didn't feel like wasting. Besides, talking was much easier than trying to make people understand her complicated manner of writing. "Wait... Since when were you and Kanix-san married?" There we go. Thus was the blunt nature of Sorano Granon, who had likely been buried deep within a book when this event had occurred. "And also, Mashyuu-san, apologies for not greeting you properly earlier, but one does have to be cautious these days," she would add, loosening her hair from the pigtails, and wiping the makeup from her face with a handkerchief. Letting her magical signature swell back up to its former level, still a bit below the Sabertooth mage's, she would now be easily recognizable as Sorano Granon, longtime mage of Fairy Tail.

This all occurred after Mashyuu had finished the pit, seeing as it took such an astonishingly long time for the youth to make a decision. Welp, it could be used to protect other humans later, as it seemed it would be needed. "Well, to explain things from what I know, we are currently on the planet Nazo, known for how eccentric it is. The Nazoites or whatever they might be don't seem to be in a playful mood either, seeing as their auras don't display much joy."
    403tagged

Notes:

redheadedstepchild

Slayer

Slayer

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by redheadedstepchild 30th August 2016, 7:09 pm

Notes:

Mashyuu swallowed a lump in his throat and started to ready himself for whatever was drawing closer. As the spirits drew in Mashyuu knew that he was dealing with at least five of them and likely not anything he wanted to tangle with, only a few of the spells he knew were able to harm spirits and those spells weren't very effective with harming spirits. He was about to act when the woman in the hole behind him spoke. "S- Sorano? Why didn't you tell me it was you? Kanix didn't tell you we got married? Damn she likes to keep a secret. Look we can catch up in a bit, first lets see what these spirits want with us first. Maybe you should handle that though, I'm not so good with the nice words when it comes to being kidnapped." Mashyuu suggested and turned to help his long time friend out of the make shift cover he created for her. Gently he hoisted her up out of the hole and Hoseki moved to stand in front of them. With a gentle roar a massive barrier of pure energy enveloped the group, stopping the five spirits of legend from advancing on the party.

The moment that Sorano was up and out of the hole Mashyuu spun around to face the attackers. Five to be exact, the spirits surrounded the Wizards and glared at the trio through eyes of pure rage and distaste. Perhaps they truly simply hated humans, or maybe they were mad that the trio had not been led to wherever it was the spirits were taking them. Mashyuu's hands went up, palms out as if he were surrendering in some way. "Maybe this would be a good time to talk, perhaps figure out what these things want? Can you cast a spell to understand these guys maybe?" Mashyuu asked while glancing at Sorano with a wry smile.

Slowly the spirits floated around the Wizards and one Yōkai paused from it's attack, calling the others off and and planted its spiritual feet firmly on the ground. It stood up straight and drew a short breath of air. "Mortals, you are to come with us and join the others, if you do not we will be forced to eradicate you from the face of this realm. You have done enough damage to Earthland and we will show all mortals the error of their ways before they do more harm to other realms."

WC: 412

#####
    Post #
    Tagged

Marshy @ THQ
    ivyleaf33
    ivyleaf33

Character Sheet

Post by ivyleaf33 31st August 2016, 8:35 am

GRACE UNDER FIRE
    "There are all sorts of spirits in the world, Sorano-chan." The memory found itself at the front of the letter mage's brain as she looked up at the five surrounding yōkai. "And all they want is recognition. Spirits are selfish little things, but we as humans respect them and worship them because they do have the ability to change our lives,whether it be for better or for worse. But, as I'm sure you are realizing as you grow more conscious of the world around you, people are changing. This modern way of looking at the world excludes the spirits as powerful god-like entities. They have become something like pets; curious little companions who are equals to us humans at the most. And trust me, Sorano-chan, they don't like it. Even if humans are getting more and more dominant, spirits don't want to realize this. They're stubborn little things, see. But, dear, as long as you treat the spirits with respect, they will treat you with respect. That is how it should be whenever you deal with these creatures."

Years ago, visiting a temple with her grandmother in Midi, this was what Sorano had been taught of the spiritual species. And here, she would apply it for the first time where it would actually seem to matter. "Ah, Tengu-sama, may we negotiate this deal?" Behind the crow-like man stood a pack of dog-like creatures, probably Inugami if Sorano remembered her yōkai accurately. "We do not wish you any harm, and will comply with your instructions if our final terms do not satisfy you." Bowing easily with no sign of humiliation, the letter mage carefully maintained a controlled air while appearing lower in rank to the spirit. Turning to Mashyuu, she would re-say what she had the Tengu had said in broken Common and translated what she had said to the yōkai in its native language.

The crow-man, being one of more logic and a more open mind than other sorts of spirits slowly nodded, willing to hear what they had to say, but, as Sorano wrote mentally on a mirror she held so only Mashyuu could see, they had to prepare to engage in battle at all time. Shooting what she knew to be a more sort of "action man" a "got it?" look, she would turn back to the yōkai. "If you may, please allow us to discuss for five minutes, and we will give you five minutes then to rest from your hard work while you await our decision." Bowing once again, Sorano turned back to Mashyuu. "Well," she would say with a sigh. "It would be better to chat in slang terms so Mr. Birdie o'er there can't understand what we say as much." She herself was already slipping into this uncomfortable speech pattern, frowning at the informalities.mood either, seeing as their auras don't display much joy."[/color]
    470tagged

Notes:

redheadedstepchild

Slayer

Slayer

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by redheadedstepchild 1st September 2016, 9:33 am

Notes:

While Hoseki kept the glowing shield up and Sorano stepped up to confront the spirits Mashyuu felt his attention slipping. The... what dd Sorano call them? yōkai? Yes, the yōkai were kidnapping mortals for a fairly weak reason and Mashyuu was already considering having Hoseki drop the shield so that Mashyuu could take his fist and slam it through the face of one of these animal like spirits. His mind wandered for a time, eyes darting around to see if maybe a human could be spotted. Maybe, just maybe he could run a solo attack to find the humans and help them escape. But first he would need to find a way to get them home, then keep the yōkai from returning to Earthland. Suddenly Sorano's voice snapped him back to the task at hand. "What? Sorry I wasn't paying any attention." Mashyuu admitted and looked down at the shorter Wizard from Fairy Tail. "Ya know, for a guild who was known for being destructive you sure talk alot." That was meant as a general statement at this point. He had been working with Sabertooth Wizards for a while now and had seen them all try to simply talk their way out of trouble more than once.

Mashyuu hadn't understood a thing she said to the spirits but he did wonder how she happened to know the language they spoke without ever seemingly meeting the things before. Then again, maybe she had met spirits like this before. He looked Sorano over and shook his head. "Trust me, if things go south I'll be ready. Now what is it you want to talk about?" He thought for a moment then cleared his throat and spoke in the Draconic tongue to see if she could understand him. "If you understand me then we can talk like this just fine, most can't speak the Dragon Language and the spirits are likely not any better than your common human is at this." He offered while he looked at the strange creatures. "Those things are freaking me out, but we need to find where they are taking human's in case things don't go as you plan and we need to stage a rescue. But we need to find a way off this planet too. Do you know where the portal would be?" Mashyuu inquired while Hoseki closed his mouth and let the shield fade away. If he kept it up any longer it would have exploded and caused a fight for sure, even he knew the last thing they needed was to start a battle at the moment.

WC: 433

#####
    Post #
    Tagged

Marshy @ THQ
    ivyleaf33
    ivyleaf33

Character Sheet

Post by ivyleaf33 3rd September 2016, 7:10 am

GRACE UNDER FIRE
    An inward sigh. This slayer certainly had quite the attention span, huh... But, then again, Mashyuu had always seemed to be more an action-based character, one who excelled in making quick, fast plans of action and carrying them out, unlike Sorano who often took the long, scenic route. For a moment, looking at the older man's somewhat blank face, the letter mage felt a bit like a teacher having to reprimand a forgetful student. Opening her mouth to re-explain the situation, she was met with, "Ya know, for a guild who was known for being destructive you sure talk alot."

Frowning at the comment, Sorano would calmly reply while keeping the beat of the conversation up with ease. "Well, that isn't the same with everyone of Fairy Tail," she said lightly, "and I suppose I could be destructive if I wished, but as a letter mage, my greatest weapons are words, and thus I use these words to fight verbally and mentally before engaging in physical combat." After reassuring her he would definitely be ready if trouble arose, the letter mage nodded along and paused with him in his thinking. To her slight surprise, a foreign language dropped from Mashyuu's tongue a few seconds later, one that took Sorano only a few moments to confirm. Having studied dragons for a while, she had quickly taught herself quite a few draconic languages in order to read the many ancient books inscribed in the slippery tongue.

Affirming that she could speak and comprehend with a quick bob of her head, Sorano would then lend an ear to Mashyuu's thoughts. Showing her comprehension with occasional nods, Sorano suddenly paused at his question about portals. "Unfortunately, Mashyuu-san, that is something quite difficult to tell on Nazo. Seeing that the very existence of this planet is an oddity, many things are off. The features around the portal are forever changing, so the portal I saw last time would have a completely different appearance now," she would murmur, half in thought.

"But our primary concern right now, as I see it, is getting away from these yōkai. We can either fight, run, negotiate, or comply. None of which a great choice to make." Personally believing negotiating would be the best choice, Sorano would look towards the Sabertooth for advice. "Perhaps we could offer a service, or solve whatever problem's making them act this way? Or do you have an idea of what else we could barter with? I'm currently thinking of simply asking them, them bartering down in we must."
    424tagged

redheadedstepchild

Slayer

Slayer

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by redheadedstepchild 3rd September 2016, 6:20 pm

Notes:

Mashyuu's face lit up when Sorano started to speak in the elegant and slightly dangerous sounding Draconic language. Sure it was nice to talk to Hoseki and Ux, but they were real Dragon's and usually wanted to ask about treasure Mashyuu had. That boiled down to his trinkets from various jobs he completed. Thirty Six to be exact. He swiftly pushed the thoughts aside and continued his talk with the shorter and younger Wizard. "Maybe splitting up would be a good idea. I can find the portal and mark it with something so we can find it later. Besides if it gives off some sort of scent then it would be much easier for me to find. These people should be our biggest worry. Unless you think we could somehow convince these spirit... things. To send us all back to where they took us from. Then again we could end up being teleported into someone's body at this point." Mashyuu mused.

"I'm only running if it's to get a better point to fight. But seeing as your a letter mage I don't mind letting you take the lead on this one. Lets....Talk." Mashyuu almost visibly shuddered at the idea of not beating these things into the ground. "Bartering might be possible but I don't think we are going to be able to do them a favor. Maybe they have a leader? Or a place where they meet up. It might be a good idea to ask them to take us to their home and see if we can get an idea of exactly what we are up against while they are still not trying to out right kill all of us." Mashyuu suggested. If he was going to have to talk his way out of this situation Mashyuu too could be reasonable but only thanks to the ring on his finger giving him some advice from time to time. "So, anything else we should talk about while they are letting us or are you set with a plan of action boss?" Thunder flashed above the tree lines, signaling a storm swiftly drawing closer and made Mashyuu glance up to the skies. Lets hope that the water here isn't magically enhanced just in case a fight breaks out. Ux mentally reminded Mashyuu.

Absently Mashyuu looked back to Sorano and offered her a friendly grin and placed one of his large hands on her slender shoulders. "I trust you. Everything we do from here on out is going to be on your lead. But I'll keep you safe, trust in me for that at the least."

WC: 440

#####
    Post #
    Tagged

Marshy @ THQ
    ivyleaf33
    ivyleaf33

Character Sheet

Post by ivyleaf33 4th September 2016, 6:16 am

GRACE UNDER FIRE
    As she switched tongues easily, the letter mage would notice the dragon slayer's eyes light up for a second, a warm emotion blossoming in his aura. It was interesting how easily a language could make someone feel at home, Sorano would muse, then turned her mind back to what Mashyuu was saying. After a moment of mulling over Mashyuu's suggestion of splitting up, Sorano would agree with a short nod. "Seems logical enough," she answered with a few tilts of her head to accent the point. Adter all, she wasn't sure how the yōkais' abilities worked, and how stable their teleportation skills actually were.

From Mashyuu's agreeing to their negotiating, a soft inward sigh of relief would blossom inside her, and she dipped her head slightly in response. It was quite obvious that Mashyuu wasn't one for this style of fighting, as she wasn't the type for fighting with plain brute force. However, she wasn't sure she was quite up for the idea of her taking leadership. Still having a bit of that teenager mindset, she was more accustomed to taking orders from those who were older than her. With a quickly adjusted tighter grip on her mind, she would wrench it to focusing on what would be good for this plan. She knew she could lead, certainly. The issue was whether she wanted to or not.

After convincing her mind, Sorano would now consider the issue from different points as a leader should. Mashyuu's idea of going to their base and meeting their leader was one idea, but not one Sorano felt was an exactly safe one. "Hm, there is that, of course. However, if you think about it,wouldnt we be at their mercy on their camp? Though I somewhat understand how Nazo works, the yōkai will obviously know it better. By going to their base, they will have so much more power over us in those turns. Even if we as humans have gotten much stronger, yōkai are still yōkai and have a very much different way of thinking. If we fail in negotiations because of this, then we would be in quite a bit of danger.

"Instead, my suggestion would be to first of all figure out how they are viewing the situation. What they want. In any debate, you will most likely fail if you don't know what your opponent wants. In fact, this is a thought process that probably runs through your mind unconsciously even when you fight so you can better find weaknesses, am I correct? At the moment, they have power over us because they have a basic understanding of what we want, while all we know is that they want something to do with the humans. I believe we should ask them questions to understand how we should approach the issue first, then improve a bit as we go."

Finally stopping and taking a breath from her bit of a monologue, Sorano would glance over at the yōkai who looked over at them with distrustful gazes. Suddenly, a hand would clap down on her shoulder. Blinking up at the older mage, Sorano would stare up indifferently as he stated he would protect her. Well, in the end, Mashyuu still was a hero character, huh?
    2786o/o 16000

Notes:

redheadedstepchild

Slayer

Slayer

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by redheadedstepchild 7th September 2016, 7:57 pm

Notes:

Mashyuu watched Sorano with an almost confused gaze, he could tell the younger woman was going through a mental battle. Normally Mashyuu was the type to take charge but he knew where his weaknesses and strengths lied. Talking with spirits wasn't one of them. As it turned out Ux actually agreed that fighting the spirits was a good idea. Something told Mashyuu that Ux hated the little beasts and wanted them wiped out, likely something to do with a time before Humans had any sort of magic and didn't roam the earth the way they did now. No matter, Mashyuu would put his faith in Sorano and simply be there for support if anything else.

He placed his gaze back to Hoseki and motioned for for the dragon to come closer. Hoseki trotted over and Mashyuu explained what was happening. Hoseki understood his role and immediately flew off into the sky, leaving the pair of Wizards alone while he sought out the portal in case something bad happened. With Hoseki gone one of the spirits flew up high into the sky and gave chase to make sure the dragon wouldn't do something to hinder the goals the animal like spirits had.

A blue eyed gaze fell back to Sorano while Mashyuu slowly removed his hand from her shoulder and he gave each spirit a stare down. There were a lot of them, and Mashyuu wasn't sure if he could take them all, but he would go down swinging like his life depended on it, because if a fight broke out, more than his life would be on the line. "I trust you Sorano, go ahead and ask your questions." Mashyuu assured the young girl.

The Spirits, annoyed with how long the talk was taking started to float closer to the pair and the leader of the ghost like creatures spat out in a venomous tone. "We have waited long enough for you to talk, what was supposed to be five minutes has turned to nearly twenty. Now, why are we not taking you to be processed and put to work? We require your bodies to return to Earthland so we may once again inhabit the realm and take what is rightfully ours!"

A brown brow lifted at the words spoken. What exactly did the spirit mean when it said they wanted something that belonged to them? Mashyu had never heard of anything that could possibly be what the spirits wanted, but he liked to learn and if they were going to tell him about something fun Mashyuu would for sure take a look when he returned home.... if he returned home. A bead of sweat rolled down the back of his neck, he had a daughter to get to and raise yet here he was, talking with a group of spirits because they couldn't go to Earthland and decided to kidnap him...

WC: 3077/ 8400

#####
    Post #
    Tagged

Marshy @ THQ

Last edited by Mashyuu on 8th September 2016, 6:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
    ivyleaf33
    ivyleaf33

Character Sheet

Post by ivyleaf33 8th September 2016, 8:40 am

GRACE UNDER FIRE
    Taking note of Mashyuu's unusually passive attitude, Sorano would begin to realize that the earth slayer seemed to have changed a bit since their last meeting. Something about him was, well, more peaceful. Though there was still that same fierce love of action and battle, he was suddenly more understanding, and more willing to try different things. Interesting. Wondering what had caused it, a break was formed in the letter mage's thoughts as she considered what could be. Kanix? The strict woman who was her guild master and his wife was certianly a possible cause for thia subtle change. Or might it be someone or something else?

Pulling her mind back to the problem at hand, Sorano watched as Mashyuu let one of his companions off to search for a portal.Hopefully the yōkai wouldn't mind that a non-human flew off, right? It wasnt anything of too much importance, after all. Well, it certainly appeared they did care, as one of them rose up after Hoseki to ensure that no funny business occurred. Okay. She reeeeally had to focus. Clapping her hands a couple times on her ears, Sorano glanced up as the large handbwas lifted from her shoulder. Twin blue spheres looked down on her in an almost freakishly fatherly way, and Mashyuu would tell Sorano to do as she wished.

A calm nod. Just as she turned to face the spirits, they had obviously had enough. Spitting and glaring, the leading one it seemed would whine and threaten, giving off plenty of useful information in the meantime. It would appear that Mashyuu caught this odd slip up in words, for he raised an eyebrow at the yōkai. And indeed, this was a rather interesting little thing for them to have said. They needed to process human bodies to reclaim Earthland, yes? "Ah, Tengu-sama, my sincerest apologies." A bow at a perfect ninety degree angle. "We must have lost track of time, for were naught but lowly humans, after all. We do not posses such acute senses as your kind does."

Yes, perhaps she was laying it on a bit thick, but the spirits seemed to gulp it all up with eager movements, a quick puffing of the chest from the leading crow-man. "So, Tengu-sama, if I comprehend correctly, you and your kind are abducting humans in order to conquer Earthland?"

"Well, yes, human. We would naturally want control of what is currently the wealthiest planet in all senses." The tengu's comment was very brusque and to the point, something that seemed to be common in creatures of his type.

"Is there a particular reason for such action now, Tengu-sama?"
    Sorano fired back, face ever so passive.

"Why, because of you magic humans of course! If you rise to too much power, then we would most certainly be in danger as well!"
    came the sharp reply, a caucous noise echoing in the back of his throat. A nod would be Sorano's response as she tried to think of something else to say. But really, what was there for her to say? She had no idea at the moment, quite frankly.
    3306o/o 16000

redheadedstepchild

Slayer

Slayer

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by redheadedstepchild 8th September 2016, 6:21 pm

Notes:

Debates were a funny thing. When someone cared about them then attention was held splendidly but for someone like Mashyuu who rarely thought such long and drawn out talks were helpful. Still this one was shedding light on the situation at hand. The Yokai wanted to take Earthland because of what they could offer by way of magical power. Mashyuu wasn't sure if the spirits realized that in most cases one out of every hundred people actually had Wizards. Mashyuu drew a deep breath and almost spoke then looked down at Sorano and realized she had everything under control thus far. Mashyuu, maybe you should step in and say something? Things might get dangerous if you don't. Mashyuu considered this for a moment and decided to keep his faith in Sorano and her words of wisdom.

Hoseki in the mean time glanced over his shoulder to see the spirit floating close behind and he blasted a small beam of energy from his nostrils. The beast twisted around in the sky a few times then made sharp turn like a crescent and headed west. The eclipsed sun started to set while the moon remained in place high above the sky, casting a strange, almost purple shadow over the realm. "It could take me all night to find a portal, and if this keeps up Mashyuu and the others might get hurt without help." Hoseki muttered to himself but decided not to turn back unless he was under attack and needed to regroup in order to defend himself and Mashyuu better.

Back with Sorano, Mashyuu had started to fade out mentally, wondering what he was going to have for dinner. It had been some time since his last meal and the Earth Wizard was starting to get hungry. Without thinking about it he dropped to a knee and started to munch on the ground at his feet. His teeth chomped down until he realized he was being watched by the others in the area and he slowly swallowed and stood up.

"Now, you want to return to Earthland, as do we. How can we help one another?" The spirit asked and Mashyuu thought hard on an answer he could give the creatures while keeping everyone happy. His blue eyes glanced towards Sorano to see if she had an idea before he spoke up. If not Mashyuu had a plan but it would require some real work to pull off. It might have been possible for the letter Wizard to create something that everyone could benefit from.

WC: 3504/ 8400

#####
    Post #
    Tagged

Marshy @ THQ
    ivyleaf33
    ivyleaf33

Character Sheet

Post by ivyleaf33 9th September 2016, 8:40 am

GRACE UNDER FIRE
    Obvious boredom radiated off of Mashyuu in waves, something that was rather irritating to the letter mage. She knew this was extremely out of character for him, but it was almost starting to ruin her concentration. Building ever more mental barriers, Sorano took a breath and began once more at the yōkai, then stopping as she heard an intake of air from her partner. Right after he opened it to speak, it was closed just as quickly, for he seemed to trust in Sorano. It was certainly a kind a very touching move that Sorano felt was unusual for people to feel around her, and turned it over a few times to treasure it. Giving the slayer a brief thank you glance, focus was back on the yōkai.

With a brief summary of her thoughts, the letter mage began once more. "Would you be willing to agree to a compromise? A sharing of the land?" Fingers were clasped behind her back, firmly clutched for one second, then twiddling and fidgety the next. Occasionally, she would bounce from one foot to another, restless movements that she didn't even notice.

"Perhaps, but you humans soon forgot about the deal last time we made it," snapped the tengu. Eager barking from the dog like yōkai punctuated his point, making it seem more menacing than the actual meaning. "You found your own sources of power, and the contract was broken as we weren't providing you humans with advantages anymore. You magic humans made all the power yourself!"

"Yet, there are still plenty of people who worship yōkai today, am I correct?"
    Sorano asked, slowly beginning to realize what this entire knot of things was. It was similar to those words told to her by her grandmother all those years ago: all they wanted was some attention to keep their places.

"Not enough. And so we were kicked off." The replies were growing evermore hostile, and Sorano was having to think harder and harder for other ideas.

"What if we tried it again? Without a required contract. You could roam around the earth hidden, like you were in the day, but not have to give benefits," a slow and wobbling suggestion dribbled out the edge of her mouth, accompanied by a furrowing of the brow. Mashyuu's next comment made her think some more. "Benefits for both? That sounds a bit interesting, please do go on," Sorano urged her partner, knowing at least that two minds were often better than one.

"Yes, let us hear this," came a new voice, a slow voice coming from their left side. A new group of spirits had arrived on scene. A whole crowd of bakaneko and hebi had arrived, looking questioningly at the tengu and inugami. "Negotiation is always entertaining ~."
    3768o/o 8000

Notes:

redheadedstepchild

Slayer

Slayer

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by redheadedstepchild 9th September 2016, 5:03 pm

Notes:

She threw you under the bus. Ux whispered under his breath in Mashyuu's head and the Earth Wizard froze up for a moment why would she do that to him? It wasn't really like she did it on purpose was it? No it couldn't have been that way but she seemed like she was starting to slip up, luckily Mashyuu could at least buy her some time to come up with more to offer. He turned a beat red and moved Saorano to stand behind him and give her time away from prying spirit eyes.

Mashyuu's blue eyes darted around the growing group that were surrounding the pair. It seemed like the humans that the spirits had taken had been corralled and now only the three of the Earthland Wizards were left to take. "Hi everyone... I'm Mashyuu. It's a pleasure to meet you." He stated and rubbed the back of his neck and smiled wide while his ring started to go silent, watching everything around them.

"Yes, like you were saying. Maybe we can work something out that we can both agree on? Hmmm you were once considered gods yes? You need help to maintain a form in the Eathland? Well what if we set up a few shrines for you? Or you do what happened with the Exceeds? Simply join up with Wizards and help them on jobs? Or... Like a Dragon? Teach others your skills, become something of a myth on Earthland?" Mashyuu smiled wide and glanced back at Sorano while lifting his thumb to assure her that he was actually paying attention.

This is a bad idea, they will take this offer and run with it. Possibly running rampant with the power you allow them to have. Ux warned the Wizard. Relax, Sorano can likely close the portal behind us once the humans are safe and possibly even make sure the Yokai can't get get back into Earthrealm. Mashyuu thought back, his blue eyes glanced down to Sorano and the smile on his face faded away to try and show her he didn't have a clue as to what he was doing.

The Yokai started to swirl around the pair, all conversing in an unspoken language that made Mashyuu's ears perk up, trying to catch a glimpse of what they were saying while they left the pair alone. Swiftly Mashyuu turned around and spoke to Sorano in the Draconic language. "Can you keep these things from getting to Earthrealm? At least close the portal behind us to slow them down? Maybe even lock off their ability to take humans away from their homes?"

Hoseki folded his wings in and dive bombed close to the grassy floor and swept up high again, leaving a pair of Yokai behind in the almost sound breaking quake that came from the beat of Hoseki's wings. The Gem Dragon rode a current of air, swirling up to the clouds and spotted the portal he was looking for, glistening like the sun. "Time to mark this..." Hoseki muttered and started to soar to the portal.

WC: 4024/ 8400

#####
    Post #
    Tagged

Marshy @ THQ
    ivyleaf33
    ivyleaf33

Character Sheet

Post by ivyleaf33 11th September 2016, 7:40 am

GRACE UNDER FIRE
    Watching with an almost nervous expression on her face as Mashyuu suddenly froze up. Unable to tell that Is was speaking to Mashyuu, Sorano was immediately worried that something was wrong. "Ah, is everything okay, Mashyuu?" Though it was a dull and emotionless question, the letter mage was smart enough to know that a Mashyuu in trouble wouldn't bode well for her. Though she could negotiate, if she had to do everything by herself in this job on top of everything else that had taken up her mind recently, he brain may very well explode. Like the person he was, Mashyuu immediately guided Sorano to stand behind him while he stood awkwardly staring at the spirits in a gesture of kindness.

Knowing she would have to talk pretty soon, her mind immediately began to work as fast as it could. If the yōkai were worshipped again, how would that work? Would humanity even be willing to worship these creatures? Noticing Mashyuu's gaze travelling around the area, Sorano followed the worried gaze, taking in the current situation. The humans had all apparently been taken away, and only the mages were left to work things out here. As Mashyuu would begin his uncertain lite presentation, Sorano considered his points. If they didn't as exceed's... Well, that could work to an extent, but from the area that rose on the faces of the inugami, it was obvious that not all wanted to be corralled in such a fashion.

As touch more interest was displayed at he likening to a dragon, though it wasn't quite evident as to how the oddities felt. And despite the cheery thumbs-up that was shot at her, Sorano could feel the same uncertainty roiling in his aura beneath the heroic facade. As expected, after what seemed to be Mashyuu reasoning with himself from the letter mage's standpoint, he looked back at her, obvious cluelessness in his expression. Oh dear. He wasn't thinking of having her do everything, was she? Even though she liked to think of herself as a very mentally strong person, in the end, even she had to be truthful with herself. Something had definitely been wrong recently, and Sorano had no idea how long her current mental state would keep up.

Immediately, the spirits began to converse, swirling round and round in spirals, their language so mixed up in each others' speech that even Sorano found it difficult to pick out bits and pieces. Naturally, her companion took the chance, whirling around to face the younger mage with a set expression. "Can you keep these things from getting to Earthrealm?" The words sprung out of his mouth, poised and ready to fight. Two slow blinks. Wait, what? Come again... "Um..." Sorano trailed off, trying to come up with something to say in return.

"That would be difficult," was her final reply. "These are spirits, almost god-like in their nature. They don't quite follow the rules of what we know, for they managed to get so many humans here without carting them all through the portal, after all. But I see your point. I'm not quite sure how to ensure that we can trust each other as well. Neither side here is stupid, see."

As the conversation dragged on, a suddenly hoarse call from the tengu came, "Seeing as we are an extremely large group, the yōkai, we have decided to take you to our area of gathering to receive opinion from all of our kind." From its tone of voice, it was obvious it wasn't willing to give them a choice. Even so, Sorano would hesitate, knowing how much of the advantage they would lose.However, with a quick mustering of her courage, she would nod slowly, hand palming a knife. "I personally believe it would be best to try and negotiate a good solution before resorting to measures such as that, because yōkai are valuable allies if we can come to a peaceful agreement. But please do tell if you have a better solution."
    4426o/o 8400

redheadedstepchild

Slayer

Slayer

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by redheadedstepchild 13th September 2016, 4:36 pm

Notes:

Massive wings beat hard, carrying the Gem Dragon ever closer to the portal. Now that he had gotten rid of the spirits trying to tail him, his flight had become much calmer and the beast was taking it's time to get things done. He rolled around in the air, knowing Mashyuu and Sorano would need time to negotiate and if a fight did break out Mashyuu would cast something flashy in order to show they were in some sort of trouble. There was a good chance trees would come crashing down... Hoseki dove down gently and landed at the base of a portal, his head passed through it carefully, making sure it went back to Earthland and then came back out. Without a word Hoseki dug around the ground, kicking dirt around until it was clearly marked to be able to be seen high above in the sky. Happy with his work Hoseki flapped his wings and jumped up, taking off high into the sky to go off and find his friends, keeping his tail pointed at the portal.

Back with the others Mashyuu frowned, seeing that Sorano clearly didn't think that she could keep the monster like spirits from staying out of Earthrealm with a simple spell, it was a long shot to begin with but worth asking. Once that was settled it seemed the Yokai wanted to take the Wizards to their home but Mashyuu understood Sorano was not alright with leaving, and honestly Mashyuu didn't want to split up in case he never found the younger Wizard again. Kanix would kill him if something happened to one of her guild members while Mashyuu was with them. The Slayer looked at the spirits and then to Sorano who was already grabbing for a weapon and he placed his hand on hers, keeping the blade from being drawn. "Hey, no need for that yet. Collect yourself and let me stall." He spoke in the dragon's language.

Slowly he turned back to the spirits and opened his arms wide. "Great beings, while we understand that you want to confer with all of your kind, we also understand this could be a ploy to capture us without having to battle. We request you continue to speak with us here, and not try tricking us any longer. We have offered terms and ask that you either accept, deny or offer counter terms. There is no reason we cannot work things out respectfully and peacefully." Mashyuu reasoned while Ux tried to lead Mashyuu on his mental train of thought.

WC: 4452/ 8400

#####
    Post #
    Tagged

Marshy @ THQ
    ivyleaf33
    ivyleaf33

Character Sheet

Post by ivyleaf33 14th September 2016, 9:30 am

GRACE UNDER FIRE
    As she shifted muscles in an act to begin the move forward, she was suddenly stopped by Mashyuu's voicings in the ancient language. His hand fell on the one she palmed Kagayaku in, and she stopped, sliding it back through the mirror stitched into the inside of her sleeve. "Okay, I'll try to think of something," she said quietly, letting the older mage take the stage again. Holding the breath, she could only hope that things would go okay now. But thinking back on all she had read on the subject of Nazo and yōkai, they weren't exactly the easiest people to understand.

Immediately, something about the attitude of the yōkai shifted as the very different character began to speak. Sorano's address was more of a meek and lowly one, one that snuck around in a subtle manner. However, the boldness and directness of Mashyuu's brief speech was in huge contrast. It wasn't necessarily bad contrast, but it definitely changed how the yōkai were feeling a bit. Something was more blunt, less tricky in a way than the little one. It seemed to lend them a bit more confidence in themselves as well, for their own nature's shifted to match the mage's as was the nature of many a deity.

It also seemed to cause them to be more compliant with the human's request, as they would seem to confer as one being for a few moments. "Very well. You have given valid reason and we will comply to an extent with your point." Raising his head, the crow man would let out a hoarse cry in raw yōkai language to all yōkai to choose a representative to negotiate for their species and to come to this location. "When they arrive, we will finally negotiate. Prepare to have to give up quite a bit, as our subspecies can be very different in requests." Twiddling her fingers unconsciously, Sorano would start wondering how they could possibly comply and barter with the terms of all yōkai types upon the island.

"Anyanyanya~" a rasping purr could be heard from behind the two as a bakaneko grinned at them. "Since we are all one as bakaneko, we will make our request first. Giving up territory is always so hard, isn't it?" Idely licking at a law, it would continue at a leisurely pace. "If one of you humans would stay and serve us for the next century, we would be plenty please. It would be taken good care of, too." Settling back on its haunches, the bakaneko finished it's dialogue and would now wait for a reply. Still, what was this sort of request? She knew of no way this could be possibly arranged in such a short time...!

Sighing, she would say, "How about we hear all the requests first and try to compromise?" Seeming to agree, the next oddity came up. A snake slid up, it's emerald eyes glimmering eerily at the two. "Sssoooo... we do not care much of these meddling affairs with a faraway planet. But to take this chance for some reward, we will request some gem or jewelry of the humanssssssss. That is all." This was definitely easier, and more manageable than the previous.
    4962o/o 8400

Notes:

redheadedstepchild

Slayer

Slayer

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by redheadedstepchild 25th September 2016, 8:33 pm

Notes:

The Earth Wizard listened to the new negotiator while he made his demands. The first demand was something that Sorano stated might not be possible while the second one was something that was easy to do. Mashyuu's friend, Hoseki had scales that were indeed gems, easily something that could be given to the spirits, perhaps enough of them could be given to act as a rare and valuable currency on this world. The First request was even easier for Mashyuu, at least for a time but the Spirits didn't need to know that. He could push himself a great deal in order to keep the spell going long enough to trick them into thinking the beast Mashyuu summoned would do as thy said forever. Mashyuu spoke up softly and started to barter. "Both of those things can be given to you, as a token let me show you what sort of servant you will be given."

Slowly Mashyuu reached down and picked up a clump of earth and blew into it. The earth floated in front of the Wizard and expanded into a large Golem of stone. "This creature can understand and will obey simple instructions. For example, Golem lift up a dead tree." The golem nodded it's head up and down, a sign it understood what was being asked of it and walked to a long dead tree, effortlessly lifting it up and holding it. "Now break the tree." He ordered the golem. With almost little effort the Golem smashed the tree until it was nothing but fire wood, waiting to be used by any camper. "As you can see, the creature understands basic commands and will do as you ask so long as the commands aren't complex like say, build a house." Mashyuu explained as Hoseki started to glide down to the ground next to the group.

Hoseki touched down next to Mashyuu and swiftly the Earth Wizard snatched a sapphire scale off the dragon, causing Hoseki to recoil and speak in the Dragon's natural language. "What is the meaning of this Mashyuu? Have you gone Mad?" He asked, Mashyuu lifted his hands defensively and shook his head side to side while handing Sorano the scale to give to the spirits while he spoke to Hoseki. "No, the spirits have started to make demands in order to release everyone, they want gems and a servant so far. I can give them the servant but the gems will have to come off you since you are indeed a Gem Dragon. That okay with you? I just wanted to give them something now to show we could indeed give them something to start with."

WC: 4902/ 8400

#####
    Post #
    Tagged

Marshy @ THQ
    ivyleaf33
    ivyleaf33

Character Sheet

Post by ivyleaf33 26th September 2016, 9:08 am

GRACE UNDER FIRE
    Casting her umber gaze towards the dragon slayer to see how he was faring, Sorano blinked a few times when Mashyuu spoke up once more. Wait a moment... How could he possibly have found solutions to those problems already? She had already been planning out possible combinations of words that might create a jewel or a humanoid golem of sorts, but it seemed she has no need now. Wondering where he could possibly have found a solution, she gaze flickered down to the dragon adorned with a coat of shimmering gems. However, she doubted it would ever let anyone remove a gem from what she had read about such draconic creatures.

Watching with curiosity tinging her features, the letter mage would follow Mashyuu's movement as the clump of earth was lifted up from the ground. Her auric sight carefully tracing the threads of energy entering the earth, she blinked in surprise as it suddenly swelled outwards. As the earth built itself up into a magnificent golem, a low hiss came from the bakaneko. However, they made no other move or reaction, patiently waiting through Mashyuu's explanation and demonstration. "This is all excellent, human, but we bakaneko are gentle and graceful creatures, nya?" A disdainful look was shot at the mage's before this lead speaker continued. "A golem as you call it, could never replace a human in its usefulness. Why would we ever desire to tear apart the trees that protect us and shelter us? Nya, Tree-Killer? We do not accept this offer."

However, Mashyuu's second offer had a much higher rating than the unfortunate rejection from the bakaneko. The hebi, emerald eyes glinting, slid up in eager anticipation, caring not for the wounded expression of Hoseki. Blinking in hesitation, Sorano would look wonderingly and thankfully at the gem dragon, now minus one sapphire scale. "If there is ever anything I can do to repay for your sacrifice, Hoseki-san, do not hesitate to ask." With these thankful words, Sorano would bow low, offering the gem to the leader of the hebi. "Well, they will cherish it well, at least. It would be quite a precious treasure to them.

"As for the bakaneko... hm..."
    Turning to Mashyuu, Sorano would switch over to the draconic language with ease. "Do you believe you could make another golem? I can use my letter magic to shape it down to something more graceful and humanoid, and add features to it so it is much better appreciated by the yōkai?"

Following this incident, the inugami would come to request their own price. Their request came in a powerful chorus, their forms shifting to more humanoid ones. "Food! Food! Fun! Run free! Earthland much good food and good run! Good food!" Now not even Sorano could make sense of this in the beginning. The inugami's lack of knowledge in the common tongue was quite a problem in transmitting their message. But what Sorano managed to catch from the jumble of words was a wish for food and a place to run. "So, um, you want food and running space?" Scratching her head uncertainly, the letter mage pondered her possible word combinations. "I can provide food, and possibly a place to run. You?" The gaze turned to the slayer once more.
    5505o/o 8400

Notes:

redheadedstepchild

Slayer

Slayer

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by redheadedstepchild 26th September 2016, 6:22 pm

Notes:

Mashyuu's strong jaw dropped when the spirits declined his offer to give them a Golem that could follow basic instructions. His brow furrowed with anger and his heart ached with a feeling of being insulted. Who were they to tell him no? Clearly they didn't understand the demonstration nor did they know true talent when it very literally jumped up out of the ground. No matter, they would one day wish they had his magic at their disposal. When the ignorant spirits came to Earthland Mashyuu would be the first in line to send them packing with his magical power. After all, a God was only as powerful as his followers and what would these beasts be with no followers? Just another thing trying to assert themselves that Mashyuu would beat back with other legal Wizards and some not so legal Wizards.

It was nice however to see that they gladly too the scale. Swiftly Mashyuu plucked a diamond, ruby and emerald scale from the Gem Dragon and offered those as well, anything to simply get the spirits to leave Mashyuu and his friend alone and return the mortals back to Earthland. Honestly the spirits were starting to annoy Mashyuu, asking for more and more from the pair with every passing second. They might as well ask the two to stick around for a month and fix all the problems that the spirits no doubt caused for themselves. That would not be something Mashyuu would be willing to do. If he had his way the spirits would be in the afterlife at this point, but Ux and Sorano seemed to want to do things the peaceful way, causing the hot headed Wizard to scowl with annoyance and remain silent for a long period of time.

"If needed I can, but I'd rather not if I don't have to. It takes a lot to make one of these and I have to give it mental commands to make it do anything at all. I was planning on giving them this before we left, as a way to trick them if needed." Mashyuu responded to Sorano in the Dragon tongue. His mouth twisted to a slight smirk, sensing his own deviousness had not been forgotten even after the spirits in his soul had left him alone in the world.

"Food, food, fun run...." Mashyuu pondered this for a long moment and looked at his feet then back to the woman from Fairy Tail. "They want food from Earthland, and a place to run free. The Trees are bothering them. Maybe a park, like one we would take children to, with swings and slides and the such? I can do that out of earth if you can coat things with metal. Maybe make a few swings in the process?" Mashyuu suggested to Sorano then looked to the spirits to make sure he was on the right thought process. This would be annoying if he was wrong and the two were back to square one. Especially because Mashyuu was swiftly losing his patience for these silly monsters and their terrible requests. Mashyuu wasn't allowed to make requests...

WC: 5428/ 8400

#####
    Post #
    Tagged

Marshy @ THQ
    ivyleaf33
    ivyleaf33

Character Sheet

Post by ivyleaf33 27th September 2016, 8:23 am

GRACE UNDER FIRE
    Warily, Sorano's gaze would notice Mashyuu's aura spike in frustration again, though he did a surprisingly good job of hiding it than he had in the past. Quickly removing more gems from Hoseki, he would quickly toss them at the hebi to ensure their departure. Just the movement even held some of that pent up anger, and Sorano paused, unsure of whether his temper would last through negotiations. Ah, well, the two of them should have enough power to escape reasonably unscathed, but the letter mage thought it for better that things not end up like that. However, the earth mage's next comment was somewhat concerning. She wasn't sure that the technique he had decided on was one that was a good one to solve this task, but ah, well... Still, the main issue here was that it was hard for him to hold the golem for long, so...

Visualizing the exact wording of the spell she wanted in her mind, the letter mage began to right. It was a long, complicated spell, for there is no such thing as a human who is simple. Now, there was no way even the most skilled of letter mages could create a human, for there was no way to describe that special life that was just there, but one could get close enough for such a being to seem a convincing human. It would take at the very least a minute, if not a few seconds over for Sorano to fully form the spell, a huge sheet of the pale misty words stretching before her. Gathering the energy required to create this doll of sorts, she carefully cast it into the words, pulling out the essence of each one. Slowly, they merged, swirling into something solid. A humanoid shape began to take form, and before long, a simple figure that could be mistaken for man or woman had appeared. Clothed in a very plain tunic, it looked exactly like a human if not for that blank look in its eyes and robotic way it moved, for Sorano had had no time or energy to smooth things out to its best.

Now, as the bakaneko came up to observe this new creation, they would find with delight it responded to commands in the common tongue, the language the yōkai shared, as well as that of felines. "Nya... I suppose it will have to do. Hmph! Humans, nya?" With a proud flick of its tail, the lead bakaneko would lead its little gang and the humanoid off in disdain.

Knowing Mashyuu would be displeased at such a comment, Sorano pursed her lips slightly before moving on to the next task as soon as possible to try and prevent anything big and dramatic. Being rather drained from the energy it took to process so many words, Sorano was breathing hard as she addressed the inugami. "Ah... well, good inugami, we can create food and a place to run and have fun in, yes. Could you bring us to a place with more space?" A rapid series of nodding heads came almost immediately after, and soon, the letter mage was chasing awkwardly after a herd of were-dog things.

Reaching the site; a large earthen clearing, Sorano nodded, the began to write again. This was a spell she wrote often, so she easily laid it down. Almost immediately, a basket appeared. "Whatever you desire to eat will be manifested in the basket. However, if it is broken, the spell will no longer function." She would then turn to Mashyuu for his part of the spell.
    6103o/o 8400

Notes:

Current date/time is 18th April 2024, 10:44 pm