Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Prelude of Order in a Kingdom of Ice! [Kirahunter & Lynn S-Rank Job]

Kirahunter
    Kirahunter

The Phoenix

The Phoenix

Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Rising Star- Guild Master- Demon Slayer- S-Rank- A-Rank- Haiku Contest Participant- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Hero- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Keeper of War
    Position : None
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 1,250

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Seith - Human Possession
    Second Magic: Stardust
    Third Magic:

Prelude of Order in a Kingdom of Ice! [Kirahunter & Lynn S-Rank Job] - Page 2 Empty Re: Prelude of Order in a Kingdom of Ice! [Kirahunter & Lynn S-Rank Job]

Post by Kirahunter 30th July 2016, 12:55 pm

Just stop? Simon really wasn't getting where Lynn was coming from. He was rapidly getting angry, from his perspective his plan was being dismissed on grounds of, "I don't get it so we aren't doing it." He had thought it through to what he thought was a considerable degree meanwhile she seemed to be caught up on a concern which he was already sure wasn't really a problem. The final nail was definitely telling him that he was going to jeopardize the mission. I'd be getting rid of the monsters, that isn't jeopardizing it! That's fulfilling a win condition! He was about to launch into a counter argument, he was not going to be so casually dismissed. They were supposed to be partners and she was treating him as a lesser, his napoleon complex wouldn't have any of that. It was this frustration that distracted him in the critical moment at which the icicle spear entered the picture, and then Lynn.

Simon reeled back and exclaimed, "Shit!" How poetic.

Zlatan quickly absconded through a window. He yelled at the lion as it left, "Stupid cat! Protective growling all day and you can't stop one little projectile!" He quickly assessed Lynn's state. Impalement wound, removing the spear would only make things worse, her face was loosing color and didn't seem able to talk. Simon deducted she was likely going into shock. He didn't have a perfect solution but he had been at this whole professional magic fighting long enough to have a vague idea of what to do. Utilizing his super speed he removed his jacket, tore off one sleeve and dropped the rest of it. Working as a blur of motion he tore the sleeve into long strips and did his best to bandage around the wound, he talked to Lynn through the process "You are experiencing considerable blood loss and shock. You need to focus on maintaining consciousness to stay alive. Right now that arrow is the only thing keeping you alive. The projectile is made of ice, your body heat will rapidly melt it you need to either continuously refreeze it or find a way to close the opening once it does melt." He retrieved his jacket and tore off the other sleeve, similarly reducing it to impromptu bandages setting down them in a bundle easily within Lynn's reach, "You can use these to add to an adjust the wrapping as needed. I'll need to do something about the incoming ice monsters or neither of us are getting out of here." Simon took what was left of his jacket and folded it up to prop it under Lynn's feet, he explained as he went "Since you're going into shock I need to elevate your feet. I don't actually know what that does but I was told it was an important thing to do once." He stood back and looked out the window where Zlatan was alone dealing with the ice monsters, he apologized to Lynn, "This is really all I can do for you right now. I'm going to have to take care of the ice monsters, you'll have to keep yourself alive here. You're far above standard human physiology you can survive this just please please please don't pass out. That would be a very terrible idea."

With that he turned to the window with the intent of leaving to ward off the monsters. He planned to just scare them off for a minute then return. Surely she'd be fine for that long. Right?

_____________________________________________________________________________________

[20:44:53] Kirahunter : also I like the sound of my own voice
    [20:44:59] Kirahunter : so I had to say something

Missions Completed

D- 6 (150 exp)
    C- 1 (50 exp)
    B- 1 (1,050 exp)
    A- 0
    S- 0

Total:1250

Character
    Primary Magic
    Fair
    Fair

Aurofortis

Aurofortis

Moderator- Main Account- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Rising Star- Guild Master- A-Rank- Christian Minecraft Server- I Have Friends...- Achiever- Expert Achiever- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Summer Special Participant- Have an Admin as a friend!- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Monkey King's Descent
    Guild : Silver Wolf
    Cosmic Coins : 2
    Experience : 3,050

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Heavenly Body Magic
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Prelude of Order in a Kingdom of Ice! [Kirahunter & Lynn S-Rank Job] - Page 2 Empty Re: Prelude of Order in a Kingdom of Ice! [Kirahunter & Lynn S-Rank Job]

Post by Fair 23rd August 2016, 9:30 am

The shock on Lynn’s face mirrored Simon’s and it was the sound of him calling Zlatan a stupid cat that kept her alert. “...” She had meant to yell at him but she could not find the energy to say anything at the moment. So she just groaned as he approached her, tearing off the sleeves off his jacket. “..what are you doing..?” she tried to say, even though every action hurt her even more. Each syllable causing an unbearable jolt of pain. Her face showed her great agony. It was just an ice arrow. How was it hurting her so much!? Simon explained about something she could barely understand, but in the end she got the jist of it. He told her that he had to deal with the ice monsters outside if both of them wanted to get out of here alive. She nodded slowly, grabbing the sleeves he tore off and supporting her body with her right elbow. As Simon disappeared she groaned even louder, squeezing her eyes tightly as she gripped hard on the weapon that was connected to her still. If she did not do anything, she was going to die either because of blood loss or because Simon could not handle the ice monsters alone and they killed both of them. Shaking away the dark thoughts from her head, Lynn focused her energy on the hand holding the spear then yanked it out sharply to cause the least pain possible. She screamed as blood almost gushed out of her wound as she rolled one sleeve and held it against the wound and began to tie the other sleeve of Simon’s jacket around the injured area to stop the blood. Slowly and painfully she brought herself into a standing position, even if not perfect. She could not fight in this state. She needed energy, so she sat back down on the floor, grabbing the spear that had her blood on it. Furious, she began to consume the ice weapon, then looked around.

Crawling with wings on her back to keep herself lifted, which was the only way she could move, Lynn started to pick up ice objects around the room and consume them. Her eyes began to tear up from the pain as moving caused her so much pain she could not bear to hold in the tears that crying felt like bleeding. What if she passed out? Simon told her to try her best not to lose consciousness, so she could not let that happen at any cost. More importantly, she had to find energy to go and help Simon. He probably would not be able to handle all of them alone even if Zlatan was there by his side. Lynn kept eating any ice objects she could find while she thought of how she was going to help anyone. This made her angrier than she already was, and made her think of how she could not evade the ice arrow in the first place. If only she was not arguing so much with Simon and let him do what he wanted. Lynn’s teeth made a loud clacking sound as she bit down on another chunk of ice in the hopes that she was revitalized in no time. She could hear her friends from above.

[24]
    [550]

Last edited by Lynn on 17th October 2016, 12:51 am; edited 2 times in total

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Kirahunter
    Kirahunter

The Phoenix

The Phoenix

Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Rising Star- Guild Master- Demon Slayer- S-Rank- A-Rank- Haiku Contest Participant- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Hero- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Post by Kirahunter 16th September 2016, 9:56 am

Simon picked up speed and hurtled out the window. As he exited the opening time seemed to freeze as Simon used his heightened perception of reality to take in the scene in an instant. Before him stretched the frozen forest of the island, now crawling with ice monsters on the ground below. Between him and them a volley of icicle spears sparkled in the air with a trajectory that looked ill fated for the speedster. Zlatan was already in the midst of things, but with the sheer volume of projectiles coming Simon's way he couldn't get a good glimpse of the creature's status. Thinking as quickly as he could he developed a game plan as the frozen arrows inched through the air.

The monsters were numerous and powerful, he wasn't going to win that fight without Lynn back on her feet. Then my objective is to buy time while sustaining only negligible damage. Defining negligible as the amount of damage I can heal with the time I buy. That was a goal easier dreamed up then achieved. Slowed as time was, he was still inching through the air carried by his own momentum towards the ice spears before him. The distance was significant but so was the challenge he had to plan for. He grit his teeth and thought as he went.

First, clear the air. Zlatan and I will both be more effective with air space. Also I can't risk one of these spears getting by me and giving Lynn more trouble. Time picked up its tempo as Simon took action. He threw his arms wide and shouted with determination, gathering glowing red magic in a ball before him. A magic circle appeared before him around the circle, the ice spears were now almost halfway to where Simon hung in the air, he flung his hands forward transforming the glowing light into a ball of magma that shot forward. "Scatter Grenade!" The ball split into countless smaller lava bullets that flew through the air colliding with the barrage of ice spears. The bullets hit with supreme accuracy, but seemed lacking in bite. They chipped, fractured and melted spears; but it just wasn't enough. There were too many spears and Scatter Grenade didn't have the kick to take them all out.

Simon was in a tight spot now, he was short on space and time. The fragmented spears were just too close for him to cast a more powerful spell. He desperately settled for a weaker one clapping his hands together, and calling upon the tectonic power of an erupting volcano to produce a violent shock wave in all directions. The shockwave scattered the spears knocking them away from any important targets. Simon allowed himself a slight grin as he avoided the initial threat, but he still had far more to go.

Missions Completed

D- 6 (150 exp)
    C- 1 (50 exp)
    B- 1 (1,050 exp)
    A- 0
    S- 0

Character
    Primary Magic
    Fair
    Fair

Aurofortis

Aurofortis

Moderator- Main Account- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Rising Star- Guild Master- A-Rank- Christian Minecraft Server- I Have Friends...- Achiever- Expert Achiever- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Summer Special Participant- Have an Admin as a friend!- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Fair 18th October 2016, 1:13 am

Lynn kept consuming any kind of ice she could find around her as she peered through the large window to check on her friends, frequently groaning in pain as this was the only way she could think of to reduce it, but clearly groaning didn’t help in any way but ease her messed up mind. The only thing that was helping her was the restoration of energy from her consumption of frost. It did not heal her injury, but it helped in making her feel less pain from it, and the energy lost from panicking, trying to stop the bleeding and struggling to keep her consciousness. She was more useful with what little energy she had left rather than not helping at all. In fact, what she had been consuming seemed to start working just that moment because her arms felt lighter, so did her head. “Please work, please,” she pleaded, to nobody in particular, and just kept eating until she felt like something was intensifying inside of her. Dropping the chunks of ice, she slowly rose to her feet, and was surprised to find that she could stand properly now. With an amazed grin, she let out a victorious yelp before she doubled over and was back on all fours, frustration washed over her. “Let’s try that again,” she said with a grunt, and with more care this time, she stood, holding the frame of the window in front of her. She could see them from here, the battle where Zlatan and Simon fought the ice monsters.

Breaking off more ice from whatever she could, Lynn kept on gobbling them down, then at one point, when it was enough, Lynn stopped eating altogether and dropped the ice in her hands, her hair was perfectly blue and a pair of wings of ice had sprouted from her back, although they were a bit weak and flapped slowly. She shook her head slightly as if to shake off dust in her hair, then looked down to check on the wound. It seemed to have healed completely, but it probably wasn’t. Force was keeping it at zero pain. Honestly, she didn’t know where to start, or what to start doing. This was her first time experiencing Force and it felt...magical. The fact that her body felt like she had just woken up full of replenished energy made her feel extremely light and happy. Simon had seemed to succeed in killing time for her to heal. The ice monsters looked a bit confused. Lynn decided to use her arrows and willed to summon her bow and arrows, but nothing happened. She couldn’t use magic...why? Wasn’t the purpose of Force to strengthen her spells so she could do more than usual with them? A silent panic attack struck her as she sat back down on the ice. Did she need to eat more? What was this? Lynn didn’t know, she didn’t know that she needed to wait further for Force to be ready to use. She needed to charge. With questions flying around in her head, Lynn sat frozen with panic. How was she going to save Simon or Zlatan if she couldn’t use magic? She had to wait, just a while. Force wasn’t fully activated yet. She needed just a bit more time.

[26]
    [552]

Kirahunter
    Kirahunter

The Phoenix

The Phoenix

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Post by Kirahunter 18th October 2016, 2:31 pm

Simon had reached the ground and was preparing to meet the horde head on, as was his primary way of getting things done, when Lynn flew out through the window. Simon looked up with a stupid grin, "Alright avian cavalry is here!" While he hadn't ever seen dragon force before. having used Demon Force once, and being constant subject to Heero's stories he was familiar with the concept. A forced up dragon slayer against an army of ice monsters? Their job was practically done already. Then a moment passed and she hadn't done anything. Simon's mind went into hyperspeed as he tried to calculate any conceivable reason as to why Lynn wasn't doing anything. No matter how many times he ran the math, the approaching monster horde getting closer didn't seem to play things out in their favor.

Oh shit. She doesn't know what she's doing. Or its just not working. Either way I'm still running solo here aren't I?

Simon grit his teeth and dug his feet in, he needed more time. More specifically Lynn needed more time, to either figure out how to use Dragon Force or to make it not broken. Either way, more time. In front of him, countless ice monsters of all shapes and sizes. Above him a winged lion and a presently helpless dragon slayer. He needed to keep those two parties separate while also not dieing in the process. What if I picked up all the monsters and carried them somewhere else using super speed? They are too heavy, you'd need a 100 mile head start to lift one off the ground. You're fast but no that fast. Okay what if I slow time to give Lynn time? You're not actually slowing time you're speeding up your brain, time just looks slow. Even at his accelerate thought speed Simon was running out of time quickly and he wasn't getting anywhere. Realizing this he fell back on his ultimate battle strategy: do something that sounds cool and hope for the best.

So he started running in circles.

Like a blur he circled around the castle of ice whipping up wind with each pass. With each revolution he gained speed. One lap per second, five per second, twenty per second, three hundred per second. In the blink of an eye he had whipped up a tornado of snow and ice around the castle, stopping the charging monsters in their tracks. The barrier of wind and snow pushed back the creatures with buffeting wind while shielding those within in the eye of the artificial storm. But this was a temporary measure, Simon had to run at a full sprint to keep up the wind force so he would rapidly grow tired. Furthermore running along the base of the tornado blasted him with snow and ice that tore at his bare torso and boyish face freezing him to the bone. Lynn had time, but it wouldn't be long before the speedster collapsed.

Missions Completed

D- 6 (150 exp)
    C- 1 (50 exp)
    B- 1 (1,050 exp)
    A- 0
    S- 0

Character
    Primary Magic
    Fair
    Fair

Aurofortis

Aurofortis

Character Sheet
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Fair 19th October 2016, 11:23 pm

Simon seemed to have noticed that Lynn was trying to get into Force, because there was no sign of shock or confusion on his face when he saw her. It was as if he was familiar with it, for Lynn thought she caught a hint of expectation from him. After retreating back into the castle, she tried to think of a way to solve this since she was out of ideas on how to continue this. It wasn’t that Force was not working on her, it seemed to need more fuel? Or time? Was time the fuel? What. Reaching for a piece of ice and shoving it into her own mouth, Lynn waited for something to happen. She could feel something happening, but she knew that if she went out there again, she would be as useful as a fly, being unable to use any of her spells in the time being. More ice entered her mouth as she frustratedly fed herself the element of her magic. It was a relief that this place was the ‘kingdom of ice’ because she could find all the ice she needed. It was funny how she had not found a way to make her body immune to ice attacks yet. Maybe she would later when she ranked up and tapped into new ways to strengthen herself, or even learn a new magic altogether. It was just a thought. She couldn’t think of a new magic to learn yet anyway. She was getting a bit bored of doing the same thing. That was what she was like, she liked discovering new things, new magics, meeting new people.

A sudden surge of energy rose from her feet and rushed out of her head. It was incredibly uncomfortable yet soothing in a way that she felt like she was ready to do something about the madness that was happening outside. She heard something that caught her interest, something that was really strange, so she went over to the window and checked to find that something was happening at the base of the castle. What in the world? Something like a tornado, but it was all around the castle. She knew there was no one with wind magic around because their adversaries only used ice techniques, and Simon used some kind of lava magic...and something that made him incredibly fast. He was running around the castle? What for? It was strange because Lynn couldn’t find a reason for him to be running around the castle. Maybe this was a technique she was not familiar with because, yeah she did not use a magic that made her go at the speed of sound, but honestly, this was something new. She wasn’t sure if now was the right time to leave the castle. He didn’t plan on lifting the castle now did he? Couldn’t be the case. So she decided to leave the castle. It was high time she taught those little ice creatures a lesson and showed them who was boss here. This was her domain. And she was going to make it known to them. She flew through the window, out into the battlefield and observed the situation. It seemed everything was enhanced with Force. Her eyesight, her hearing, all her senses. And this lightness. She felt lighter than she ever was.

[28]
    [556]

OOC:

Kirahunter
    Kirahunter

The Phoenix

The Phoenix

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Post by Kirahunter 20th October 2016, 12:58 pm

OOC: Good call

So what do you do when running in circles creating a protective storm wind barrier? Obviously other then running. Sure initially Simon could just think about running faster, which was well and good for the first minute or so. But unlike most of his maneuvers this wasn't some blitzkrieg tactic that was over as soon as he started, this was him stalling for time and it was working, which was great. Great except that now the most impatient man on the planet had nothing to do but run in circles and think about how cold the wind he was generating was. Once he got the momentum going, got into the rhythm of the storm it wasn't much of a mental effort to keep it going. He just had to keep running, which left his mind free to wander. Squinting through the snow at the world outside the storm Simon at least got confirmation that for now the beasts were kept at bay. Not even the largest of the creatures wanted to try their luck at walking through the fierce gale. They just stood there watching.

Simon bit the inside of his lip, they knew. First they knew that walking into the wind was a bad idea, which meant he wouldn't be able to pick off any few stupid and brave vanguards. Second they knew he couldn't keep this up forever and were content to wait him out. The situation ticked Simon off. Here he was running his legs off in a snow tornado without a coat and they just stood there watching; and in doing so they were slowly winning. Hardly seemed fair when put like that. But that was the game they were playing, Simon had put all of his chips in the dragon force basket and he was going to run it all the way to the bank.

From the corner of his eye he saw Lynn re-enter the ice castle, likely to get her snack on to get more power. Which sounded like a better plan then Simon had. Like it or not the plan had been made and he had to see it to the end. He grit his teeth to the snow and pressed on until Lynn came back. So he pressed on.

Until finally the ice dragon slayer returned, now finally ready to fight. Simon laughed with relief, his every muscle was sore but he had bought enough time. He was eager to start making the come back happen. He shouted at Lynn over the sound of the snow-nado, "Oi snow angel! While you were in there having some snacks, I was out here getting my mad plan on! See I was thinking I've got all this wind force built up and I want to put it to use. I'm still figuring out how I am going to do that and what exactly is going to happen when I do...." Simon trailed off at the last part as he tried to phrase the final bit he needed to say, "So uh I guess get some altitude? This may have a bit of a splash too it. Just get high and get ready to capitalize on whatever happens when I stop running. Because it could be anything!" Everything Simon said was just a theory so his words had a certain uncertainty to them, but that wouldn't stop him. He made this tornado and damn it he was going to do something with it.

Missions Completed

D- 6 (150 exp)
    C- 1 (50 exp)
    B- 1 (1,050 exp)
    A- 0
    S- 0

Character
    Primary Magic

Current date/time is 28th March 2024, 6:18 am