Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Hunting the King of Beasts (Job)

Seryth Essora
    Seryth Essora

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Player 
    Lineage : Soldier of Chaos
    Position : None
    Guild : Fairy Tail
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 368.75

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Plasma Make
    Second Skill: n/a
    Third Skill:

Hunting the King of Beasts (Job) Empty Hunting the King of Beasts (Job)

Post by Seryth Essora 31st May 2016, 6:48 pm

Mission:

465 Words of 4500

Dust kicked up every which way from the sound of hooves beating into the ground echoing throughout the vicinity as the horse made it's way down a long sloping trail from the mountain which it had just come from, the beast a white hue with speckled brown here and there and seemingly young in appearance. The horse was joined by a cloaked figure who was wreathed within black silk as the high sun cast down it's glance to the unfolding scene, the ringing sound of the galloping beast echoing. Hanging idly from the saddle of the horse was a small wooden placqard with around fifty lines etched into them messily, in fact the cloaked one reached down and drew the placqard up to make another etch then released to let the stringed loop take hold. A whinney was released from the gullet of the horse as she breathed out heavily breath. Finally, the beast crosses the sandy slope and down to the flatter terrain where the first and brush is quickly replaced by grasslands and small pickets of wood scattered about. Far to the distance, gouts of smoke could be seen and this was what drew the cloaked one on forwards. Little could be seen of the person, only their cerulean eyes and a black feather which was held in one hand. Finally, the horse was brought onto the trail which lead to the smoke ahead. The full run of the horse changed in pace down to a gallop as the horse neared the village far ahead.

Of course, one would ask by Yuki was traveling to this land now, as one might rightfully ask and they would be answered with the series of events that transpired after leaving Niyol and returning to that small hut of patchwork and lattices holding up the drab mottled gray sheet. Within, Yuki had found the same fish-folk who had given her the earlier job and had been told of a particular pack of lions that now plagued the hunting village - that the pack's alpha was a beast taller than that which the likes of seen by Yuki at-least. She had taken the mission and that was what had lead her down to the Hunting village now. This brought the perspective of things from the past back to the present, where Yuki now rode atop the horse heading for the Hunting Village. Yuki had the intention to bring Niyol in on this little venture of hers, whether through chance encounter or the feather she had been given. Perhaps Yuki would have the opportunity to meet Hana again. As she reached the edge of habitat, Yuki hoofed it off her horse and prepared the ritual to summon Niyol. She would then summon him forth at full force and power.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Ninetails Derpfox

Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Coming Storms- A-Rank- Rich- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- X-Mas Event Participant- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Soul
    Second Skill: Ice
    Third Skill:

Hunting the King of Beasts (Job) Empty Re: Hunting the King of Beasts (Job)

Post by Ninetails Derpfox 1st June 2016, 6:50 am

A
    voice tingled at the back of Niyol's mind, the sound belonging to a young woman the shirtless soul mage had met some small time ago. She was using the feather to call to him, performing the demonic aspect of his summoning spell to reach across time and space to find him. Suddenly, the world around Yuki Chimei would be engulfed by a dark blue flame with black flames intermingled, spiraling around as it consumed her and the area around the cloaked woman. This fire wouldn't hurt her, only surround her with Niyol's magical presence for a good minute before vanishing to reveal the man standing before her. The ground for ten meters around Yuki would be withered away, dead tall grass that quickly crumbled to dust as the life had been entirely drained from it. The life he took would be enough to keep Yuki from having to expend any of her own magic power to summon him, keeping both of them at one hundred percent.

Niyol figured she had called him to assist her on a task, using that assumption he figured she would have a job notice on her person. Using telekinesis to move the page into his hand as he apathetically looked down at it. "So we're hunting a lion..." he said observantly. Niyol looked around at the tall ass grass that bordered the 10 meter radius of death. "We seem to have a height disadvantage." he said oh so observantly once more, noting like a true disciple of Sherlock Holmes that the grass was easily 6 feet tall, which put Niyol as barely taller than it was.

Niyol's left hand extended outwards, over Yuki's right shoulder, open palm and fingers splayed out a dark blue magic circle formed on the ground. It was so large that it extended beyond the line of tall grass that was crushed under the weight of a dark blue figure being formed over it. "Come forth, King of Scorpions." Niyol said in a calm tone, lacking any emotion at all. A massive scorpion appeared from the magic circle, blue in color with smoke rising off its carapace. It was easily ten feet tall, not counting the tail looming over its head, and forty feel long with its tail curled up... ninety feet if its tail was taken into account. The creature curled its front left legs inward, tipping that region of its body and bowing to Niyol out of respect.

Niyol walked around Yuki and to the creature, resting a hand on its claw which was as big as Niyol was tall. "Friend, I offer my apologies for pulling you from the spirit world. My comrade and I require assistance in traversing these lands without falling pray to whatever lay in the grass." his voice was humble, and actually contained some warmth to it as oppose to the normally cold and emotionless variant. The creature stood back straight and turned its side to face the two of them, tilting in their direction to let them get on. Niyol climbed up, extending his hand to Yuki in case she needed a bit of help.

WC: 523
    Out of 4,650

credit to nat of adoxography and gangnam style.
    Seryth Essora
    Seryth Essora

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Seryth Essora 8th June 2016, 11:58 am

Words: 462 - 927 / 4650?

Dark blue flame engulfed her surroundings as Yuki called upon the soul mage using the demonic aspect of the summoning spell, black flames intermingling with the dark-blue hued fire and threatening to consume yet Yuki feared no pain and so she simply coalesced with the fire before vanishing to reveal Niyol in the flames' stead. She had summoned him using some small part of life from the existence of flora and fauna around her, and had empowered the summon with some more of her own mana, however her pool was already quickly surging to regain the lost amount. Before her was the shirtless mage which she had called upon. glad that the summoning ritual had not failed her. She allowed the job notice page to float over to Niyol's hand, not like she could much stop him but this was well as she wanted him to know about the job regardless. If they could get through with this mission all the quicker then it would be good on them to do so. Still as Niyol so astutely mentioned they did have a height disadvantage. The form of the ice phoenix glided from on high, Yuki quickly sliding nto the creature as it swooped down low and then landed. The phoenix, ten feet in height, how hedged over the grass easily, though it would take to a flight to clear over the grass. Yuki meanwhile watched on as Niyol summoned a great scorpion of his own, a king of the scorpion from what could be heard. "Well, that was solved easily enough. Let us focus on finding those lions before they attack the hunting village again. It is up-most importance that we deal with this threat quickly, I believe. I apologize for calling you away if you were busy, but I brought you with me on this job so that I can perhaps have another shot at showing you what i'm made of and perhaps by that vein have a chance at becoming your student."

While the two had spoken, the woman had spent her time observing all the information she had been able to acquire on this pack in particular, primarily from rumors and reports, and had been sifting through them in order of importance as she read. from what the reports said there was a pack alpha leading them and it was huge by all proportions. Those following the alpha could be dealt with easily enough but it was the alpha who could be a problem - especially if the last bit of rumor was truthful that the lion got even more fearsome if it was berserked. Yuki certainly wanted to avoid that situation though with Niyol here she felt somewhat safe though Yuki wasn't the sort to mooch off another.

Last edited by Yuki Chimei on 8th June 2016, 11:59 am; edited 1 time in total

_____________________________________________________________________________________

NPC
    NPC

Mentor : Admin

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by NPC 8th June 2016, 11:58 am

The member 'Yuki Chimei' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

'Monster Dice' :
    Hunting the King of Beasts (Job) StrongMonster Hunting the King of Beasts (Job) NormalMonster Hunting the King of Beasts (Job) WeakMonster Hunting the King of Beasts (Job) WeakMonster
    Ninetails Derpfox

Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Coming Storms- A-Rank- Rich- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- X-Mas Event Participant- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Ninetails Derpfox 11th June 2016, 11:48 am

L
    istening to Yuki's explanation for summoning him here, Niyol wanted to laugh at how strange it was. She wanted to prove to Niyol that she was a good pick for a student, and she was worthy of being his apprentice. It wasn't something he doubted, not at all. Niyol believed that knowledge, no matter how grand or minor the quantity or quality, was above no one. All walks of life were worthy of being taught new skills, how they would use their newfound knowledge was up to them. As such, the homeless mage never once turned down a new student so long as they didn't demand his knowledge. He didn't care if the student was belonging to a dark guild, or a magic council pawn, or if she was belonging to one of the other guilds who chose no side at all; all these people fell under the same category of being a vessel that desired to be full.

Riding alongside Yuki and the graceful songbird she flew on, what outlanders had called a Phoenix, Niyol looked over the grassland to try and pick up any souls that were Lion shaped. There were many things he pondered, mostly why she would choose Niyol of all people to be her magic tutor. Niyol was indeed strong, arguably stronger than most the wizards in his 'rank' of mages, and definitely someone who was worth keeping a close eye on. He had destroyed an entire guildhall with little if any effort at all, and then consumed the souls of all the animals in three miles around him. He had been the most wanted wizard by the magic council, and he knew it... But this would only point to Niyol being a bad person, the evidence itself stating nothing of him being a good man, and this evidence was his legacy...

"Tell me something Miss Chimei?" Niyol said as she was looking over some papers. "Why is it that you want to by my pupil? What have I to offer that no other does?" he asked, his voice brimming with honest curiosity.
    WC: 872
    Out of 4,650

Seryth Essora
    Seryth Essora

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Seryth Essora 15th June 2016, 4:25 pm

Words: 675 - 1602 / 4650

If Niyol had laughed then perhaps things would have been better because he would have shown some emotion to the other rather than his usual emotionless glare, though the woman couldn't honestly blame him after all he had experienced in his time. Though Yuki's intentions far surpassed simply proving she was a good pick for a student, and if that was solely what Niyol believed then he would be available for an awakening. Niyol would see that Yuki had much more to offer than such a simple prerogative would allow view of, and she didn't seek him out for his magic strangely enough. No, the blue-haired beauty wanted to see Niyol as a fatherly figure if he would allow but of course getting so close to an emotionless man provided a challenge. The challenge, along with this job, was widely accepted. Expert eyes perceived the hulking shapes in the far tall grass from above, taking fine calculation of each shape in it's details as cerulean eyes focused hardly towards them. Emotionless irises sweltered with black miasma as the 'graceful songbird' remained from on high.

"I don't simply want to be your pupil, Sir Niyol, and though while that is something I want to look forward to, I wish for someone who can be more. I look for a guide and someone who will be more to me than just a teacher - something that I've never had - a father like figure. Despite your predicament, I believe that this can be you. I also believe you can help further my magic as my death magic is similar to your own magic. I hope that this provides purview to my intentions now. I'll handle the lions up ahead..."

Lapella quickly expanded her wings and reached to the sky, the woman quickly reached down and with a flick of the flick of the wrist, would free from her saddle and under the bird's plumage before pressing against Lapella and darting down to the ground. Black miasma began to expand around her in an orb as she shot to the ground, landing in an empty area where the grass would wilt within the nearby vicinity. The appearance of the young woman had taken to a drastic change, starting with alabaster flesh and black hues around the eyes which of their own had gained a crimson schlera and silver iris. Arms rippled with veiny vestiges and a shade-hued cloak now enmeshed the woman as her now-black hair extended down to her ankles and floated freely behind her. Necromantic power irradiated from her as the black miasma flowed freely. A cleanly fashioned stick at her side while black energy curled about in a crescent scythe blade, held freely in one hand while the other stretched out with translucent energy grasped in the palm. The first of lion pack had encircled the dark lady as a smirk played upon her quasi-undead lips, fifteen lions fully encircling the woman. All fifteen entered into close range with the woman as she slammed her quarterstaff into the ground to release the burst of death magic which would assault each within the area and consume them. Strangely, Niyol would observe their souls being ferried off to the beyond rather than simply snuffed out. "Soul... Quench"

Yuki wasn't about to be done that quickly, as while fifteen has their lifes snuffed, the sixteenth now rushed her with a bout of high speed, however with an extension of herself she brought the scythe into it's wide maw, letting it chew on the crackling black energy. Meanwhile Yuki would draw upon, in an inverted posture, upon the ice particles which were now growing  with frequency, withdrawing Majesty with little more than a flick of her wrist, slashing into the great lion before bringing the death scythe around into him as well. Miasma fueled into the great kind of beasts until his form writhed into one of less prominence. Meanwhile the hex of ouroboros would form on the nape of his neck as he began to bleed from within.

Ninetails Derpfox

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Ninetails Derpfox 19th June 2016, 9:46 am

A
    s Yuki was busy with her set of Lions, Niyol switched his eyes back to see the souls of the world around him to reveal a group of Lions coming up in the distance. Niyol tapped his foot on the scorpion king he was riding on, the arthropod clicking its mandibles, acknowledging the request for it to move faster and its eight legs began moving at a rapid speed, charging forward towards the fifteen souls that Niyol had picked up. Another tapping on the creature's carapace, a different sequence this time as Niyol's cold, dead, dull, dark purple eyes narrowed in on the set of souls; the scorpion flashing past Yuki as she finished taking down the original target. The scorpion lowered its tail, Niyol grabbing hold of the stinger a bit below the actual sharp end, though he could be stung and it would have no effect on Niyol since the larger a scorpion is, the weaker its venom needs to be due to the scorpion needing little more than to grab its prey to kill it.

The scorpion reeled its tail back, Niyol allowing himself to act like a hook on a fishing line as he dangled from the stinger. It then flicked forward, launching Niyol clear across the distance towards the group of lionesses while grabbing the hilt of his blade. The scorpion vanished into a cloud of blue mist that dissipated very quickly, vanishing into thin air in a little over a second. The first souls coming in range, Niyol drew the sacred weapon from her sheath, slammed down on the ground in front the lioness while running the blade across her snout and causing the head to freeze over.

The other fourteen lionesses all paused in their places, having heard the sound of Niyol landing as well as their 'point man' dying. Niyol stood up from his crouched position, bringing his blade to a resting position and closing his eyes, allowing his mind to reach out to the world around, become one with the grass and feel through their leaves. He allowed himself to become one with the earth and listen through her, become one with the wind and feel the way it flowed gently over and through the grass... Even with the tall grass around him blocking his vision, he was able to see his enemy's souls, and with him placing himself in a more relaxed state, he was more than prepared to take on the fourteen lions who were now circling and closing in on him.

The first one charged, followed by the other thirteen following suit a second later. Niyol brought his blade up, holding the grip with both hands and letting out a slow breath, several flakes of snow flying with the moist air and becoming smokey in appearance. Niyol spun around while ducking and spinning the blade to face upwards, cutting the lioness's stomach and freezing it over instantly. The lioness exploded into ice chunks from the force of her impacting the floor. A spin to the side and Niyol had removed the legs of the second lion, bleeding his attack into a martial arts technique where he pushed off the ground while angling his body and spinning over the third lion, using the top of the blade to cut its back and letting its spine turn to ice.

The fourth had caught Niyol by the shoulders, but phased through when he turned ethereal and then was slashed in the throat. Niyol transitioned to thrusting his blade behind him, slamming into the stomach of the fifth lioness as it tried a sneak attack. The sixth lioness was seen with her mouth wide open, perfect alignment to Niyol's skull, but erupted into dust as Niyol ordered it to die and the beast having no choice but to obey. A pair of claws lashed at Niyol's back, cutting open the skin over his shoulder blades, but not going deep enough to make the soul made unable to spin around and scalp the creature.

Seven more lionesses swirled around Niyol... a purple magic circle appeared over his wounds and spun before disappearing, reversing the time around the lion's claw marks and healing the flesh as well as making it so the attack did nothing at all. All of the lions began charging in on Niyol's location in unison, Niyol waited, listening for when they were closest before jumping up and letting the lions crash into each other. He landed on one's head, spinning on his heel and slamming one of the others in the skull with his other heel. The sword was driven down wards, through the head of the one he was standing on and letting Niyol go to the floor when the lion erupted into ice chunks. The remaining six, including the one Niyol kicked, jumped back and then shot forward to initiate operation extreme redundancy part 2. Niyol ducked spun, slashing each of them across the chest and letting them all turn into ice sculptures, erupting into ice shards when they impacted each other. He then stood up and looked through the tall grass. Niyol then shot a ball of energy up as a flare to let Yuki know his position, as she was standing in an area with no grass at all due to her killing it.
    WC: 889
    1,761 Out of 4,650

Seryth Essora
    Seryth Essora

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Seryth Essora 19th June 2016, 4:25 pm

Words: 2027/4500

The blackened scythe blade cleanly slid from the corpse of the great lion who had personally attacked Yuki's the ruins of his corpse leaking blood here and there. She took the blqade to the creature's neck and quickly severed it. Yuki then took to her craft with care, bounding the hewn head with cloth before attaching it to the saddle of the ice phoenix Lapella once the blue bird had landed. Yuki had no intention for the bird to linger here any more so upon petting her friend softly, she whispered to the phoenix to carry the head to the village while Yuki continued to deal with her business. Raising her wings, the ice phoenix flapped quickly, raising into the sky and off towards the village beyond. Silvered eyes observed the life energies of the lions and lioness who now encircled her master, raising crimson-hued wings high to the sky before releasing them high and then flapping down to send flora scattering with the pull of the wind which would send the black-haired female's firm clamboring skywards as her wings seemed to sharply push this way or thay until her form had steadied herself and tested her wings for the moment until they were well under her reign. Yuki's life-sight allowed her silver eyes the ability to see life essence and it was a useful ability as, despite the tall length of the grass, she could track the happenings of the fight of the lions against Niyol now.

The winged form of Yuki now took to her descent, moving to the clearing just as she was ensured of Niyol's success once he had sent up the signal. Yuki's form, that of the dark lady, seemed to change immediately upon landing as the form melted away into black energy which returned to nothingness as the blue-haired beauty now stood before Niyol once more. It seemed as though the mission was at a complete now, so the thought passed of whether she should celebrate. Still, Yuki remained silent as she awaited word from Niyol herself, but she took to grasping at the side of her cloak to withdraw a gray-hued gourd capped by crimson. Upon un-capping the gourd, Yuki would wordlessly offer a drink to Niyol before speaking in a dulcet tone. "Let us toast on a successful mission, Niyol. I offer you some of my drink, as I do not think you to be the type of man to carry around his own drink. I would also like to hear of what you have to say."

Ninetails Derpfox

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Ninetails Derpfox 5th July 2016, 2:23 am

I need not a vain title bestowed on worthless men by glorified fools seated in opulent chairs of safety...

Post WC: 810
    Total WC: 2,571
    Needed WC: 4,650

Niyol saw Lady Chimei fly in on a pair of wings, her form seeming different from the one he had originally met her in, but dissipated into nothingness in moments to reveal her true form. A well endowed chest, accented by a seductively curved torso attached to a set of flawless hips... all of it on the foreground of a beautiful tapestry of silky blue hair that dangled unreasonably low, but was entrancing to look at. At least, Niyol would notice all of that if he cared about that sort of thing. Niyol's mind faded out, the flashback played, miles and miles of blue skies lay before the shirtless mage. His single strand of long hair flickering behind him as the shorter, but still rather lengthy unkempt hair waved in the gentle breezes passing by him. It had been a harsh road Niyol had come as he reflected on his past. He'd gone from being a simple child with almost nothing, to being one of the strongest death mages in Fiore. He'd gone from having no friends, no family, no sense of humanity to having Mao, Kateri, and Hana. All of which he'd regarded as his entire world. While Niyol hadn't wanted a child, or at least, he didn't think himself worthy of having one at all, Kateri's birth had brought about a true blessing to him. A sigh of contentment was released as the normally bitter Niyol had fully accepted that his life, while harsh up till recently, was rather decent. Though, he wondered exactly where the change had started... Why was it that Niyol had met Mao in the first place? Mao had been through great ordeals with Niyol, his affection for her growing since the time she showed him mercy in the Ancient Ruins following one of his demons taking over him. Since then, Mao had guarded his back while performing a seemingly mundane task in the Forgotten desert which had lead to her entrusting him with information fit for more worthy ears. His love for the woman had grown further, excelling beyond common friendship to the point where he would display his magical prowess to the fullest extent, going so far to steal the one thing he'd swore he'd never touch. Niyol's mind faded back to reality, returning to the fact that he was no longer flying over those canyons, and his trip had finished here...

Thinking back to that task... the first time Niyol had actively gone out to save someone he cared about so dearly... Niyol let out a scoff as he remembered exactly how great of lengths he'd gone to ensure Mao's survival. However, in the end Niyol never even made it to fight Syu... he didn't even see the battle. His fists tightened as he remembered the bloody battle between him and the life magus... that damned talkative woman. Still, despite his uselessness on that day Mao had aided him in retrieving the Balance Core. It was on that day that Niyol confessed to her, and Mao accepted the invitation to become his sister. It was the second greatest day of his life, behind finding out he was a father... the day when his family... the one he himself had obliterated, became that much larger. Niyol's eyes grew softer as he sat in the brush, thinking of how it may be possible to restore his tribe... to possibly gain another sister, or perhaps a brother...

Thinking of it now, Niyol knew that Mao was vastly older than he... but the whole time they knew each other Mao had treated him as though they were the same age. He questioned whether or not he actually should act as a younger sibling, or if she was alright with treating him as her equal. There would also be the possibility she wanted to be the younger of the two? The flashback was interrupted by Yuki holding a gourd to Niyol, saying they should drink for their success. Niyol gently took it, looking at the object with an apathetic expression. He gave it a smell, not pressing his nose to the opening but rather waving his hand to blow the scent in his direction while keeping his nose a bit close. It smelled like rice wine, the only form of alcohol that Niyol would ever care for. He looked up, noticing the sun was overhead. "Indeed, a win is always worth celebrating... but perhaps we should find some shade." he said calmly, turning his head to look at a tree that had a large amount of shade around it. If she would agree, Niyol would walk over with the gourd in hand, sit down and take a single sip, not seeming effected in the least by the drink. If she would choose to stay in the tall grass, Niyol would skip walking to the tree.

Original Template by Swan of Adoxography2.0

Current date/time is 19th April 2024, 4:29 am