• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

    The Devil's Lab

    Anastasia Isayev
    Anastasia Isayev

    Moderator- Chatbox Moderator- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Guild Master- S-Rank- A-Rank- Character Application Approved!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : Valkyrian
    Position : None
    Posts : 2446
    Guild : Black Sails GM
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : [Primary] Ivan Isayev [Secondary] Fafnir, the World Dragon
    Experience : 321116
    Brownie Points : 69

    Character Sheet
    First Magic: Mechanized REquip
    Second Magic: Dragons' Champion
    Third Magic:

    The Devil's Lab Empty The Devil's Lab

    Post by Anastasia Isayev on 24th April 2016, 11:18 pm

    Job Details:

    Niyol wrote:Job Title: The Devils Lab (One Time Only)

    Rank: A

    Player Requirements: Assemble a team of 2-5 players (Of B rank or higher) and infiltrate a abandoned deep underground facility. Turn on the back up power generator, extract the research data of the facility and deliver it to the client. There are four Different monsters that roam within the underground facility. You must run and hide form these monsters. The monsters cannot be killed by any means or source.

    Job Requirements: 450 words per post, 40 posts in total. All players need at least 20 posts per player.

    Job Location: Neutral Grounds

    Job Description: 

    To whom this may concern,

    For many years scientist and powerful mages have been trying to figure out why magic cannot be used in the Neutral Grounds. A few years back a few scientist have found an anomaly underground that may be connected to the mystery of why magic and lacrima have no power in this city. My informant was able to get a hold of classified material. Apparently the Magic Council and the leading scientist of the Neutral Grounds, have made a joint effort to research the anomaly underground. A deep underground facility was constructed to be the main base for all this research. Not only was the facility a research base, it was also used to develop new weapons and various other devices that may be of interest. However an incident occurred in the facility, a total of 50 scientist and workers where killed in a "facility accident". No other information was found, all that is known is that the Magic Council and the Leading Scientist have swept the project under the rug. No one, except us, know that the facility was ever there. Whats even more odd, the council and the Scientist where never able to recover their data and research. Your job is to assemble a team and infiltrate the abandoned facility. Make your way to the facilities power core and start up the back up generator. This should give you enough power to boot up the computers in the main data storage section. Download all the information, escape and give it too me. You'll be able to meet my assistant in the Neutral Grounds near central district. He has the map of the whole lab, and information on the experiments that seem to be still wandering in the facility. I've sent three parties already, none have come back alive. If you take this job, you all will be rewarded handsomely. My assistant will be waiting for you all at midnight, if you still have not arrived then. I shall assume you have declined to take this job. But if you do come, I wish you luck. Proceed with caution...after all you won't be able to use your magic here....

    ~Yours truly,

    Dr. John Dee


    Enemies: 

    Note: Poisons do not effect these monsters. Anything that immobilizes only last for one post. None of the monsters can be killed or destroyed by any source or means.

    Weak:
    Spoiler:
    Experiment 1048 - Builder Bear: This monster starts out as a one foot tall teddy bear and patrols the lab, searching for any intruders. Should it ever find anyone who's trespassing, it will grow into a five foot version of it, with blood dripping off of it as if it was bleeding. This experiment deals C rank per hit in its initial form, and B rank damage per hit in its larger form. It will also pursue the trespasser it sees for four posts, which means the person will have to avoid and hide from it. If it's hit by a weapon, it will create a familiar made from that material of its rank, which is B rank, and will accompany Builder Bear, but only one can be had at a time. The familiar takes six hits of B rank damage before disappearing.

    Normal:
    Spoiler:
    Experiment 096 - Shy Guy: 096 is a humanoid creature measuring approximately 2.38 meters in height. Subject shows very little muscle mass, with preliminary analysis of body mass suggesting mild malnutrition. Arms are grossly out of proportion with the rest of the subject's body, with an approximate length of 1.5 meters each. Skin is mostly devoid of pigmentation, with no sign of any body hair.

    096 is normally extremely docile, with pressure sensors inside its cell indicating it spends most of the day pacing by the eastern wall. However, when someone views 096's face, whether it be directly, via video recording, or even a photograph, it will enter a stage of considerable emotional distress. 096 will cover its face with its hands and begin screaming, crying, and babbling incoherently. Approximately one (1) to two (2) minutes after the first viewing, 096 will begin running to the person who viewed its face (who will from this point on be referred to as 096-1).

    Documented speeds have varied from 10 meters per second to 35 meters per second, and seems to depend on distance from 096-1. At this point, no known material or method can impede 096's progress. The actual position of 096-1 does not seem to affect 096's response; it seems to have an innate sense of 096-1's location. The attacks made by 096 are B rank.

    Strong:
    Spoiler:
    Experiment 173 - The Sculpture: It is constructed from unknown materials with traces of an unknown brand of spray paint. 173 is animate and extremely hostile. The object cannot move while within a direct line of sight. Line of sight must not be broken at any time with 173, and this even includes blinking. Anytime line of sight is broken, it will move almost instantaneously until line of sight is made once again. The room that 173 stays locked until it is rolled. Should this experiment actually touch anyone, it deals A rank damage for four posts and this damage cannot be reduced by any means.

    Boss:
    Spoiler:
    Experiment 682 - The Predator: 682 is a large, vaguely reptile-like creature of unknown origin. It had always been observed to have extremely high strength, speed, and reflexes, though exact levels are unknown. 682 gains energy from anything it ingests, organic or inorganic. This means it will try to eat any weapons that are used against it. Digestion seems to be aided by a set of filtering gills inside of 682's nostrils, which are able to remove usable matter from any liquid solution, enabling it to constantly regenerate from the acid it stays in. 682's regenerative capabilities and resilience are staggering, and 682 has been seen moving and speaking with its body 87% destroyed or rotted. This monster deals S rank damage with every hit it deals and will never stop trying to get at the trespassers once it's rolled.

    Reward: Double A Rank Exp. 75k Jewels, 45k jewel added if Boss is rolled. Special Item: Experiment 714: Jade Ring (Gives wearer immunity to all poisons, but the wearer loses 30% movement speed) to one member of the group. Therapy is included, but not paid for.

    ~~Credit to Daiki~~
    Job Approved:  Here

    "This one is going to be scary"

    Anastasia remained silent for the majority of the ship-ride to the destination given to them from their employers.  The destination was in the Neutral Grounds, not that that fact bothered her in the slightest - feeling perfectly at home around the land of technology.  However, something terrifying there was brewing.  Something really bad must exist in the Neutral Grounds to where mages, of all people, were recruited.  The job given to them was to extract some files and restore power.  Something this simple could have been done by the scientists, so why were mages asked to do something so menial in a place where they feel the most helpless?

    "Hey!  Sleeping Beauty!  Hello!" Taliya said as she snapped her fingers in Anastasia's face to get her attention and then waved her hand just shy of touching her nose.  Regardless of the attempts by the busty creature, she couldn't snap Anastasia out of her trance-like concentration.  Anastasia was trying to think of why something like this was made as a job.  She knew that this had to be dangerous, but wouldn't those with heavy weaponry and bullets be more suited to do a job like this instead of mages?  This was all so-- "Hey!  Lights are on, but nobody's home.  Yoohoo?" shouted Taliya once more before puffing her cheeks, growing ever-so annoyed by Anastasia's unawareness of her trying to get her attention.

    A sly grin came across Taliya's face as she disappeared from what would have been Anastasia's field of view.  Anastasia rubbed her chin and moved both of her hands over her face racking her brains trying to figure this out until she felt something heavy on top of her head.  This actually brought her back to reality once more.  Something warm and heavy was sitting on top of her head.  Using her hands to investigate, she felt something soft and squishy in her hand.  

    "Doesn't poow wittle Ana wish her boobies were this big?" Taliya said before leaning down to look at Anastasia with a cat-like grin upon her face.  "I know you're jealous, Ana.  But it's alright, if it's any consolation, my butt is bigger than yours too!" Taliya said as she moved her head back to avoid an uppercut coming from the blonde.  Anastasia was fuming and a strange light blue aura started to fume off of Anastasia.  

    "Now now!  I was just kidding. You don't have to go all Valkyrie on me, alright?" Taliya said as she hid behind another chair.  "Besides, George wouldn't be air-worthy afterwards, right?  And you have a 'shipment' job after this yeah?" Taliya said before Anastasia's blue aura faded away.  With a sigh, Anastasia nodded her head before fixing her hair.  

    "Seriously!  Put on some damn clothes, you pervert!" she said as she stormed off in a huff.  She walked out of the War Room's door and slammed it shut behind her.  Taliya then holds up 3 fingers and began to count down towards zero.  Right as soon as she lowered her index finger, which was the third finger, Anastasia came storming back into the room and shouted at Taliya.  Taliya fist-pumped in success before Ana shouted.  "And I'm properly proportioned, thank you!  You're the one that is out of proportion!" she shouted before slamming the door once again.  Taliya giggled in response and took a seat in the lead chair, swinging her fluffy tail from side-to-side feeling victorious.

    Slamming the door open to the bridge, Anastasia walked in frothing at the mouth.  "The nerve of that creature!  It's not my fault I wasn't born a cow like she was.  We're going to be on a very dangerous job and she's making jokes!  The nerve!" she shouted before -- No, she doesn't need to check her equipment considering her equipment's going to be extremely useless in the Neutral Grounds.  The only piece of equipment she could bring would be the Fire Moth.  She could consider bringing Taliya, but she would probably muck everything up.  

    Taking a seat at the helm, Anastasia spoke up in a louder voice.  "How much further until we reach our destination?" Ana asked the Artificial Intelligence with a hint of annoyance in her voice.

    "WE ARE 25 KM AWAY.  I WOULD SAY TO PREPARE YOUR COMBAT EQUIPMENT, BUT THAT ISN'T NECESSARY.  THERE IS A HELIPAD ON TOP OF THIS FACILITY.  I WILL KEEP THE ENGINES RUNNING WHEN WE GET THERE."

    Sighing outwardly, Anastasia nodded her head.  "Thanks, George.  At least one person is reliable."  

    "IF I MAY BE BLUNT, I DETECT AFFECTION FROM LADY TALIYA.  FROM WHAT I HAVE SEEN FROM LADY TALIYA, SHE SEEMED TO--"

    "That's enough.  The nerve of that woman," Anastasia said as she interrupted the computer.  "Give us a 10 km warning.  I'm going to the mess hall to get something quick to eat before we embark on this job."

    "COMPLIANCE."

    With that, Anastasia disappeared into the Mess Hall to where she began to scrounge for a little snack.
    OOC:

    WC: 826 / 18,000

    Tags:


    _____________________________________________________________________________________

    [Character Approval] [Mechanized REquip Spells] [Dragons' Champion] [The Eye of Odin] [Bank]
    Wave your banner!  
    Join the Black Sails today!
    The Guild is Set to OPEN!  -- This means, feel free to join!
    Nao
    Nao

    Quality Badge Level 1- Character Application Approved!- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Player 
    Lineage : Clone of the First Clone
    Position : None
    Posts : 444
    Guild : Black Sails
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Age : 27
    Mentor : Nao (Primary) Gem of Time (Secondary)
    Experience : 49,325

    Character Sheet
    First Magic: Water Dragon Slayer (First Gen)
    Second Magic: Chronokinesis
    Third Magic:

    The Devil's Lab Empty Re: The Devil's Lab

    Post by Nao on 25th April 2016, 5:19 pm

    The neutral grounds were probably Nao’s second least favourite place to visit due to its restrictions on using magic in the area. In fact it’s so restrictive that you cannot literally cast any kind of magical spells. Though Nao wasn’t too sure if his weapon would actually work in this place, but he would keep his gloves equipped just in case. The Pitcher’s Mitt was a very strange object, and if they could defy physics then sure they could defy magic too…

    However Nao felt there was something off with this job as he looked over the job description in his quarters while Charlie was resting on the bed. Though he didn’t usually allow his gryphon to sleep on his bed but he was beginning to get more lenient in his age. He was just thinking about having Charlie not fight and just become a mount for when he left the ship.

    Speaking of the ship…

    Nao was feeling horrifically motion sick due to the fact he had become a dragon slayer. It was funny that someone who was so used to tidal changes, and walking on water and swimming would even begin to feel motion sick. He was just using the reading as a distraction to keep him wanting to throw up brine all over the deck of the ship. Because that’s what happens to him now… he throws up salty water.

    Not only was he feeling sick, but also he could always hear Ana and his new companion arguing over such nonsensical or important topics. That was the problem of gaining all these new powers… Despite his eyes not being as good as they used to they could still see very well, as well as he could hear much better than he used to. Though Charlie was nice and sleepy, Nao was getting a little agitated that all they seemed to do was just argue over something about sizes, and then Ana would storm off and return a few seconds later.

    Nao would just keep going about his business with his studies before he began to feel really sick. He would begin to start feeling the contents of his stomach tossing and turning and beginning to rise up like a geyser.

    Oh please not now… anything but now please…
    And with that thought the new water mage would rush to the bathroom, waking up Charlie in the process. The next situation involving him and the bathroom, and it was definitely not a pretty sight to see someone puking up more water than there could have been on the whole ship before hand.

    After a few minutes of losing all the water in him, the mage would crawl out of the toilet and lie on the bed for a moment.

    ”Charlie… I… I need you to get me to the balcony of the ship. I need to get out of this stuffy bedroom please, and I don’t think I’ll be able to get there myself.” The gryphon would just roll its eyes in compliance, and proceeded to grab the mage and throw him onto its back. This would cause Nao to unfortunately spew out a little bit of water due to the force of landing on his stomach.

    ”Ow…” he muttered under his breath before getting Charlie to walk out of the room and towards the balcony. He would take it slow and steady, as not to cause his sickness to rise up even more while he was on the ship. Maybe it was time he found a new way to get to a location, or see if they could make some adjustments to make it Dragon Slayer friendly.

    Nao and Charlie would go via the mess hall to grab some water for Nao to drink. They would soon pass Ana along the way, where Nao would give her a sheepish wave, as he passed through.

    ”Just getting some water, don’t mind me,”
    he said with a weak voice before stopping at the fridge and getting a bottle out before drinking some. ”If you need me… I’ll be on the balcony just resting there…” At that point Nao would head off to the balcony of the ship and just sit on Charlie until he would feel better, or get to the neutral grounds to get off this ship.

    WC: 1545/18000

    HP: 100%
    MP: 100+5%
    Status: Motion sickness :c


    _____________________________________________________________________________________

    Profile Magic Bank
    Anastasia Isayev
    Anastasia Isayev

    Moderator- Chatbox Moderator- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Guild Master- S-Rank- A-Rank- Character Application Approved!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : Valkyrian
    Position : None
    Posts : 2446
    Guild : Black Sails GM
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : [Primary] Ivan Isayev [Secondary] Fafnir, the World Dragon
    Experience : 321116
    Brownie Points : 69

    Character Sheet
    First Magic: Mechanized REquip
    Second Magic: Dragons' Champion
    Third Magic:

    The Devil's Lab Empty Re: The Devil's Lab

    Post by Anastasia Isayev on 26th April 2016, 1:32 pm

    "Now we are fish out of water"

    And Nao was then carried off on the back of his gryphon looking ill.  This caused Anastasia to panic before Nao gave her a little wave, which settled her down a bit but it still left the question wide open of:  'What the hell is Nao's deal lately?'  It's so weird to see that he had been feeling extremely sick lately while being on George.  Well, the obvious answer would be that Nao became a Dragon Slayer and that was the reason he was suffering from motion sickness, but even if you told Anastasia that he was a Slayer, she would have never made the association between the two.  Nor would she really know what a slayer is, having never heard about them nor encountered one before.  


    Her eyes just followed Nao as he was taken to the open deck of the ship on his gryphon.  All she could do in response was wave back.  Though, the look of confusion in her eyes said enough to Nao, if he even noticed her look, to know that she had no idea what's going on.  

    The lights within the ship changed from the usual white color to a red color.  This could only mean one thing, they have reached the Neutral Grounds.  It was from this point on that the two had to rely on their own strength and their own strength only.  They couldn't use or rely on magic to help them with their job; only their bodies, weapons, and pets; which, thankfully, the two of them had.  Slapping her cheeks, Anastasia nodded and turned back towards the room she came from and opened the door.  "Let's get ready, Taliya.  No joking around this time alright?  I'm basically just here since I can't use requip while in the Neutral Grounds.  I'm going to have to really rely on you in this job, alright?  So can you please take this job seriously?" Anastasia pleaded.  She was met with a dismissive wave from the fluffy-tailed creature.  "Yeah, yeah.  I'll be serious this time.  But you're gonna give me some sweet, sweet--" she said before Anastasia interrupted.

    "Gross.  Alright, fine.  But I really need your help this time.  Just be sure you have my back this time around," she said before closing the door and heading back towards her room.  She wasn't sure why she was getting dressed in her usual battle rattle.  She hoped that Nao would be up-to-par for this job and that whatever ailed him would subside the moment they hit the helipad.  Anastasia got dressed in her usual attire only to look in the mirror and nod her head.  She had to get focused for this job.  Reaching over, Anastasia tapped The Fire Moth, causing it to spring alive with bleeps, bloops, and blerps.  Having the weapon in standby mode while traveling made it easier to transport and not have to worry about the internal battery.  

    Well, then again, the internal battery with The Fire Moth integrates with "The Hymn" so that isn't an issue, but that mumbo-jumbo could be explained at a later time.  Thankfully, however, this weapon ran off of technology and not magic.  The only thing that The Fire Moth can't do is integrate with "The Hymn" is all so no super cool moves with this thing here.  

    "ATTENTION!  ONCE WE HAVE ARRIVED ONTO THE HELIPAD ON TOP OF THE BUILDING, I WOULD LIKE TO BRIEF YOU ALL ON YOUR OBJECTIVES.  PLEASE MEET ON THE BRIDGE AS SOON AS WE LAND FOR THE JOB BRIEFING." called out George.  This was strange.  George actually leading the briefing?  Perhaps touching the building would allow George to be able to map it?  That was a bit strange.  

    "Alright, that's fine.  What's our estimated time of arrival?" she asked the artificial intelligence.

    "FIVE MINUTES."

    "Alright, I'll head to the bridge immediately then," she said before walking ordering the Fire Moth to hover around her like it usually does and walked out of her room.  She knocked on the door to the conference room that she was in just moments prior and opened up the door.  "Let's get to the bridge."

    "Yeah, yeah!  I heard," Taliya said as she peeled herself off of the chair and sauntered her way passed Anastasia and towards the bridge.  Ana rubbed the bridge of her nose, hoping Nao is alright.
    OOC:
    WC - 1545 + 724 = 2269 / 18,000

    Tags:


    _____________________________________________________________________________________

    [Character Approval] [Mechanized REquip Spells] [Dragons' Champion] [The Eye of Odin] [Bank]
    Wave your banner!  
    Join the Black Sails today!
    The Guild is Set to OPEN!  -- This means, feel free to join!
    Nao
    Nao

    Quality Badge Level 1- Character Application Approved!- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Player 
    Lineage : Clone of the First Clone
    Position : None
    Posts : 444
    Guild : Black Sails
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Age : 27
    Mentor : Nao (Primary) Gem of Time (Secondary)
    Experience : 49,325

    Character Sheet
    First Magic: Water Dragon Slayer (First Gen)
    Second Magic: Chronokinesis
    Third Magic:

    The Devil's Lab Empty Re: The Devil's Lab

    Post by Nao on 27th April 2016, 5:55 pm

    Getting to the balcony was probably the best idea he had in a while. While being with people was nice, the air outside was much more cool and refreshing.  The only downside to this was that if was actually sick then it would go down the side of the ship. Not that it would matter since it was just water, but even then if Ana knew what would happen then it would be a huge problem.

    He was lucky though, in that once they reached the neutral grounds it would even matter since the magic would be blocked, and at that point he would be fine since the motion sickness came with harnessing such a power. It would only be then that he would be fine… Just the problem with not being able to use his magic at all in any way, shape or form during this job would be… problematic.

    ”Say…Charlie?” Nao asked as the gryphon looked up at him on his back. ”I don’t know what it’s going to be like in this job. I’m not sure if you’d want to come along for this one seeing as we could be facing a lot of dangerous creatures. I’m not even sure if your attacks would work in this place…” The gryphon would ponder for a moment, before shaking Nao off and turning into its child form. Nao on the other hand would fall flat on his face, as if he really needed that for today.

    ”T-thanks Charlie…” the mage would sarcastically thank his pet before feeling the gryphon lick his face over and over again. ”You know, I think we’ve finally reached the neutral grounds. I’m feeling a ton better now!” He would pick himself up, dust off his clothes and look over the balcony to breath in some of that magicless air.

    ”Yup! Smells like boredom here!” He chuckled to himself, before turning around and heading towards inside to prepare himself. Swigging water wasn’t going to help him anymore magic wise, but he would definitely begin to feel a bit better.

    By the time Ana and Taliya were at the bridge, the once Ocular Mage would join them, opening the door and giving them a sheepish wave. If Ana would notice that he looked much better then it would all be down to the fact they were in the neutral grounds and his magic and its drawbacks were not working there. In some ways this was a blessing.

    ”So the neutral grounds huh? I don’t think this is really my favourite place but a jobs a job, huh?” He seemed a bit more peppy and upbeat, with no clammy or sweaty body parts from being sick. He was in tip top shape, and as long as he kept his distance he wouldn’t begin to feel his fears. That was the problem of being in an all girl team as the only guy. Even any human companions were females. The only males on the team were Nao, Charlie and Ban…

    ”No magic for a simple powering of a backup generator and getting some data. I bet the last few groups have just grabbed the data and left to sell it off to some person willing to but it.” Nao sounded a little cynical in his words, but there were so many dark mages out there and mages that wanted any opportunity that arises.

    ”So lets just go in, do the job and get out of there as quickly as possible. Seems like a real easy thing to do when it comes to the jobs we normally do.”
    He seemed pretty confident, pretty in tune with everything despite not having any magic, and being near two girls. Nao was in the zone!

    2269+623=2892

    HP: 100%
    MP: 100% (Rip magic use)
    Status: Feeling like he's in the zone despite not at all


    _____________________________________________________________________________________

    Profile Magic Bank
    Anastasia Isayev
    Anastasia Isayev

    Moderator- Chatbox Moderator- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Guild Master- S-Rank- A-Rank- Character Application Approved!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : Valkyrian
    Position : None
    Posts : 2446
    Guild : Black Sails GM
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : [Primary] Ivan Isayev [Secondary] Fafnir, the World Dragon
    Experience : 321116
    Brownie Points : 69

    Character Sheet
    First Magic: Mechanized REquip
    Second Magic: Dragons' Champion
    Third Magic:

    The Devil's Lab Empty Re: The Devil's Lab

    Post by Anastasia Isayev on 28th April 2016, 12:52 am

    "We're in the Zone"

    Anastasia and Taliya made their way to the bridge only to see Nao differently.  A couple questions popped up into her head.  The very fact that he looked like he was being escorted out on a stretcher (or rather his gryphon) and that they were in the Neutral Zone and Nao didn't have any memory problems or react violently to being in the Zone.  However, him being chipper was, indeed, a refreshing sight to behold.  It wasn't every day that Nao seemed to look really happy.  If anything, she actually got used to the nervous and rather miserable Nao.  But this chipper Nao is actually the side of him she would much rather see.  

    Taliya was about to hop towards Nao, only for Ana to grab what little clothing she had and pulled her back down to the floor.  "Not right now, Taliya," she said before the forward movement of the airship came to a stop before a vertical descent was slowly made.  However, unlike moving forward, the ship had to move slowly and more deliberately.  Encountering wind-sheer may be disastrous for the ship, so it took the ship down slowly towards the helipad a distance below them.  

    "Have a seat, Taliya, and take it easy.  And keep your hands to yourself," she demanded out of the creature only to have a response of arms crossed just under her large bust, using her arms to push them up more than they already were.  "God damnit, put some clothes on, seriously," she said before she turned to look towards her teammate, Nao.  

    "You seem, strangely alright for being in the Neutral Grounds, Nao.  Something new happen or something?" she asked.  She was legitimately confused and wanted to know what Nao did to get rid of his pains that the Neutral Grounds had once given to him.  Perhaps what he did to alleviate his pain from entering the Neutral Grounds is what causes him to be motion sick; or at least that was one of Ana's observation.  To be honest, that isn't quite the trade-off considering that he's on George more often than he would be at the Neutral Grounds.  

    "I know, right?  Seems way too easy, doesn't it Nao?  That's what's been bothering me about this job.  Why this job is such a high rank if all it is is simple retrieval.  I think something is super fishy about this job."  It was strange for Anastasia to be flustered at a time like this while Nao seemed to be more calm and collect.  Something definitely changed about the guy.  Ana actually quite likes the more confident and chipper Nao.

    Thanks to the team's finickiness about certain locations, finding a place to call home was difficult.

    Magnolia was out.  Nobody liked that stupid place.
    Neutral Grounds WAS out.  Almyra and Nao had issues.
    Hargeon and other port cities were out of the question due to the high salinity.
    The Phoenix Mountains -- Fuck that place.
    Other places just seemed a bit out of the way.  Realistically the Sabertooth Guild Hall would be the most ideal location to have the team's home-base, but the local guild wouldn't appreciate that much.  The cities located near the center were Era and Capital Crocus.  While they were great locations, they were too high profile and Ana didn't want to be right under their noses due to her pirating activities.  She wouldn't want too many of the people that work in the capital getting too comfortable with her face.

    And after a moment, giving the two long enough to have a short conversation, the ship finally landed on the helipad on top of the building they were the infiltrate.  

    "DOWNLOADING..." the artificial intelligence simply stated as a progress bar quickly counted from 1% to 100% in a few moments.  Afterward, a three dimensional projection of the inside of the building could be seen.  There were two points of interest highlighted in the three dimensional hologram.  Anastasia walked over towards the two points and cleared her throat.  

    "What, exactly, are these two points?" Ana asked.  There was a point of light that seemed to be underground.  

    "THIS POINT IS WHERE YOU MUST RECONNECT THE POWER.  ONCE YOU HAVE REACHED OBJECTIVE 1, WHICH IS IN THE SECOND
    BASEMENT, YOU ARE TO REACH OBJECTIVE 2.  AT OBJECTIVE 2, YOU ARE REQUIRED TO BRING THE FIRE MOTH TO HACK INTO THE MAINFRAME AND WITHDRAW INFORMATION ON PROJECT: BEOWULF.  WITHDRAW INFORMATION ON PROJECT: BEOWULF AND GET OUT."

    What made it worse was the fact that the back-up generator was in the second basement while the server room was in the 27th floor.  This building stood at 39 floors.  It makes sense why they would land on the roof instead of the bottom floor.  But wouldn't it have been easier to drop them off at the bottom floor so they could work their way up?  What Ana missed in the projection, however, were things that appeared to be cages opened up as well as smaller dots of lights moving around.  Perhaps Nao could inquire on that.

    "Hey!  Wouldn't it have been easier to have dropped us off at the bottom floor if we had to just go all the way down anyway?"
    OOC:
    WC - 2892 + 869 = 3761 / 18,000

    Tags:


    _____________________________________________________________________________________

    [Character Approval] [Mechanized REquip Spells] [Dragons' Champion] [The Eye of Odin] [Bank]
    Wave your banner!  
    Join the Black Sails today!
    The Guild is Set to OPEN!  -- This means, feel free to join!
    Nao
    Nao

    Quality Badge Level 1- Character Application Approved!- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Player 
    Lineage : Clone of the First Clone
    Position : None
    Posts : 444
    Guild : Black Sails
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Age : 27
    Mentor : Nao (Primary) Gem of Time (Secondary)
    Experience : 49,325

    Character Sheet
    First Magic: Water Dragon Slayer (First Gen)
    Second Magic: Chronokinesis
    Third Magic:

    The Devil's Lab Empty Re: The Devil's Lab

    Post by Nao on 2nd May 2016, 3:55 pm

    Ana and Taliya would eventually arrive, making Nao just slightly before getting accustomed them being there. It wasn’t as if he had been with them for such a long time (less time with Talyia), but he was still having to go through the motions that they were not just going to die on him. He didn’t really want any of his team dying on him. Maybe a death or two would actually help him get over one of his fears…

    ”Ah there you are!” he announced, giving a wave to the both of them as they entered onto the bridge. It would be the first time in a long time that Nao would be so happy on the ship without feeling like he was going to constantly throw up brine everywhere. ”Don’t worry! I haven’t been waiting for so long. But I thought it’d be best to get here to hear the briefing.”

    He watched Ana put Taliya down, before she questioned why Nao was actually feeling okay when it came to being in the neutral grounds. He did remember that he used to not be able to remember well when in the neutral grounds due to it blocking the use of magic. However when he deposited his eye magic he lost the negative effects of the eye magic when in the neutral grounds.

    ”Well I don’t have to worry about photographic memory for the time being, at the cost of never being able to use it. Instead the neutral grounds seems to be limiting my motion sickness. It does make me feel good, despite not being able to use any magic here at all…” He tried conjuring up a tonic water, but instead failed completely with only a couple of droplets coming from his hands. He was never this bad at performance with liquids that was for sure…

    Nao would feel the ship slow as it began to land on the helipad of the building. It was funny… Nao had never actually seen a helicopter at all in his life. It didn’t really matter as the thought was fleeting after the AI of the ship began to instead start downloading the data for the job, as well as the places they needed to get to inside the building. Looking at it showed one beacon on the bottom, and one that was about twelve stories below him.

    Nao listened to Ana and the AI talk about what those two different beacons were: The closest being the server, and the further one away being the generator that they needed to hit up as well. There also seemed to be some smaller but faint lights moving around slightly. Were they the missing people?

    ”Those other lights… Didn’t the job say there were missing people? I don’t know why they’ve not been found yet. Maybe they’re lost?” A little concerning that this client decided to just keep throwing people at this place as if they kept getting lost in there.

    Ana made an interesting point on why they weren’t at the bottom, but he couldn’t really see any sign of entry.

    ”Maybe because the power is off that the doors have failed. It might be the only way to get down there at this point, through the fire exits that most buildings have on the top of them.”
    It seemed like a good point to him, and that was the only logical conclusion on why George would even place them up here.

    ”Ah well, maybe we should just get this over and done with. I’m all ready to head off if you two are?” He would turn to Charlie and nod, before leaving the bridge to go towards the drop point aka the cargo hold.

    Upon arriving at the cargo hold, Nao would wait for Ana and Taliya, before pressing the button to let them out of the cargo bay. He just hoped that this job would be quick and simple. And if there was combat then he had his gloves that allowed him to pick people up and throw them away at least. And he was pretty good at just throwing things in general!

    Lets just get this one quickly and get out of here, Nao thought to himself, oblivious to why so many people had gone missing in this job.

    WC:3,761+719=4,480/18,000
    HP: 100%
    MP: 100%
    Status: LETS DO THIIIIIIIS


    _____________________________________________________________________________________

    Profile Magic Bank
    Anastasia Isayev
    Anastasia Isayev

    Moderator- Chatbox Moderator- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Guild Master- S-Rank- A-Rank- Character Application Approved!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : Valkyrian
    Position : None
    Posts : 2446
    Guild : Black Sails GM
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : [Primary] Ivan Isayev [Secondary] Fafnir, the World Dragon
    Experience : 321116
    Brownie Points : 69

    Character Sheet
    First Magic: Mechanized REquip
    Second Magic: Dragons' Champion
    Third Magic:

    The Devil's Lab Empty Re: The Devil's Lab

    Post by Anastasia Isayev on 2nd May 2016, 7:01 pm

    "Ready to Launch"

    It was interesting to learn that Nao no longer had his photographic memory.  Strange; did something happen to his eyes to cause the difference in power or did he hit his head super hard?  Regardless of the answer, it wouldn't change how she felt about the guy.  He was reliable and ready/rearing to go on any job.  That was motivation and dedication that Anastasia liked.  Maybe one day she will be able to trust him enough to tell him about her secret second-life as a sky pirate.  It wasn't exactly information she wanted to divulge to the group in fear of turning them off.  For now, she needed their friendship; for if she didn't have their friendship, she would have nothing.  It was quite the lonely existence to say the least.

    Missing people?  Right!  Anastasia must have completely bypassed seeing the small blips of light.  Perhaps what Nao said was correct.  She nodded her head a bit and smiled to Nao with a little less confidence from before.  "If that's the truth, then we have to help them get out, right?" she asked.  It was only the smartest thing to do and the most ethical thing to do.  It seemed that Anastasia and Nao had a habit of rescuing helpless people since the Rising Tides event.  Instead, however, they had a firm objective instead of just saving people's lives this time.  Well, her conscience wouldn't allow her to keep people stranded that really need help.  

    "THOSE POINTS OF LIGHT ARE ORIGIN UNKNOWN.  CANNOT DETECT WHETHER THEY ARE BIOLOGICAL SIGNALS OR NOT.  THE SAFEST ASSUMPTION IS TO ASSUME THOSE POINTS OF LIGHT ARE HOSTILE," spoke the artificial intelligence named George.  Anastasia and Taliya tilted their heads a moment.  "Hostile?" Anastasia simply asked.  Well, if something in there was truly hostile, it does make sense why people would appear here only to never return.  It was then, that Nao explained the reason why the ship landed at the top.  That was a very good point, actually.  What made this job worse was due to the Neutral Zone's nullifying effect, Ana couldn't just fly down to the bottom, break in, and reboot the generator only to fly back up and hack the system with The Fire Moth.  And due to the lack of communication, Ana and Nao would have to stick together throughout this entire thing with the intelligence that there may be hostile forces around.  

    Normally, for a job like this, she wouldn't be bringing Taliya, but she can't fight on her own power and relied too heavily on her requip to do the fighting.  She also wouldn't be able to mount an offensive if she was using The Fire Moth as a means of hacking into the system to get the information needed.  This was quite the precarious situation.  Anastasia's lips tilted to the side in annoyance and worry about the objectives they had to fulfill.  Nao decided to head towards the Cargo Bay, which was the launching point for all of their missions; including this one.  

    Anastasia sighed outward and tried to compose herself.  Their previous job in the Haunted Village still hadn't left her system.  She was afraid that if something like that were to happen here, she may lose her composure and endanger the rest of the team.  After Nao left, Ana turned to look towards Taliya with a grave look upon her face.  

    "I'm seriously going to have to depend on you for this one, Taliya.  I don't want to lock up in fear or do anything stupid in case something scary happens inside.  If it does, I--" Ana said before Taliya slapped her on the back with a big smile on her face.

    "Of course, silly.  It's my job to keep you safe and sound.  And don't worry, you'll get over it," Taliya said with a brief pause.  "Maybe."  Well, Taliya's words didn't have a very positive effect on Anastasia and it didn't help re-assure her resolve to perform this job without hindrance to her own psyche.  She was worried that her crippling fears would get herself, Taliya, Nao, or Charlie into a lot of danger or even get them killed.  No.  That's not something she wanted to have weighing down on her conscience.  Anastasia forced out a smile before leaning in to hug Taliya for a moment.  "Thanks again," she said only for Taliya to nod.  

    Releasing one another, Anastasia and Taliya walked to the Cargo Bay only to nod at Nao.  Ana's hands were rumbling.  The fact that she couldn't use magic also terrified her, having to rely on others for this one to keep her safe while she uses The Fire Moth to perform the second half of the job.  

    "The generator should be easy.  It should be a simple throw-switch in a gray box.  We need to stay together the entire time since we can't keep in contact," she simply stated before the cargo door fell down causing Anastasia and Taliya to run down the ramp.  The two of them found themselves on the roof of the building.  The only way in would be through a door on the roof that lead to a stairwell.  Taking the lead, Taliya grabbed a hold of the door knob and opened the door with her hand cocked back.  However, upon opening the door, the area was clear.  

    With a sigh outward, Taliya turned to look towards Anastasia, Nao, and Charlie.  "Everything's clear," she said in her normal tone of voice.  She wasn't very loud in the event that the little blips that were floating around were, indeed, hostile in nature.
    OOC:
    WC -  4,480 + 936 = 5416 / 18,000

    HP:  100%
    MP:  N/A
    Status:  Afraid
    Tags:


    _____________________________________________________________________________________

    [Character Approval] [Mechanized REquip Spells] [Dragons' Champion] [The Eye of Odin] [Bank]
    Wave your banner!  
    Join the Black Sails today!
    The Guild is Set to OPEN!  -- This means, feel free to join!
    Nao
    Nao

    Quality Badge Level 1- Character Application Approved!- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Player 
    Lineage : Clone of the First Clone
    Position : None
    Posts : 444
    Guild : Black Sails
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Age : 27
    Mentor : Nao (Primary) Gem of Time (Secondary)
    Experience : 49,325

    Character Sheet
    First Magic: Water Dragon Slayer (First Gen)
    Second Magic: Chronokinesis
    Third Magic:

    The Devil's Lab Empty Re: The Devil's Lab

    Post by Nao on 4th May 2016, 5:18 pm

    Ana had agreed that they had to rescue these people that were trapped inside the building. It made Nao softly smile at the idea that they were actually helping people instead of… you know… needlessly killing people like they did when they were at the ancient ruins that one time with the treasure hunter. It might have made up for saving such little people during the Hargeon Town tidal floods. Of course it wasn’t over there, only the giant beast was caught after the event. There were possibly many more people when it came to the orchestration of the attack. He did feel a little better that they were going to be saving people.

    However the next piece of information from the ship dampened his spirits slightly. They were advised to assume that these blips were hostile, and that they should proceed with caution when stepping into the building. Nao would have just nodded slowly at the thought of it, realising that without their magic they would actually be hopeless in defending themselves.

    In the cargo hold Nao would wait for Ana for a little while longer as he looked at Charlie, who was sitting there cheerfully despite the fact that everything about this job seemed like such a huge flag. Nao could only admire the bravery of his best friend, and would pet him lightly on the head, which would in turn cause the gryphon to look up at him.

    ”After what was said in that room, I felt a little bit intense at the thought of having to deal with hostiles while not having any magic here. At best I might be able to throw enemies away and find some items to throw at them, but I can’t use my water magic or anything. I worry you might not be able to use your attacks either, Charlie…” He trailed off at the end, trying to keep smiling but was beginning to fail at it. All Charlie could do was push Nao’s hand onto his head further, and give a cheerful chirp as if to say it was okay.

    ”I know it’ll be fine because there will be four of us, plus Ana’s weird weapon thingy. But the point is that we have no clue what we’re getting ourselves into. We have no idea how we are going to tackle this. If the generator is at the bottom of the building, then we’re going to have to climb up thirty seven stories as quickly as possible.” He frowned a little and tried to work out how many steps that would be. In a normal house a flight of stairs was about thirteen, but a building would probably have about ten or so more so…

    ”Ah! We’re going to have to go up and down about eight hundred and fifty steps!” He then tried to calm himself down as soon as he saw that Ana and Taliya arrived. Like Nao, Ana seemed to be really nervous yet her companion didn’t seem to have any fear at all. His green eyes would trace their movements for a little while, before looking back at Charlie. Why were he and Taliya not afraid of what was going to happen?

    ”You two ready?” he meekly said, before watching them just go past him without a care. It seemed like Ana was dealing with this like how Nao was trying to deal with his fear of pretty much his entire team… by just delving in and hoping for the best. So far it worked besides now Taliya was starting to try and absorb him into her body or something. Maybe she was just trying to show him that she exists. He didn’t quite understand her just yet despite Ana trying to explain it. It was probably just her personality really.

    The two of them opened the cargo hold, surprisingly without turning off the ship’s reactor this time. He also noticed they were running down the hatches, causing Nao to motion to Charlie that they should follow behind, just in case. They would just simply jog behind and follow until they stopped at the door in front of them.

    It just looked like any kind of normal, boring, and corporate building. Were they really on the right building? Whatever they just had to get in and out as quickly as possible.

    He watched as Taliya opened the door slowly, finding that the area was clear, and was just a flight of stairs that would lead down to the next floor. It would only mean thirty six more flights of stairs to go.

    Nao nodded, as he proceeded to take point for the next part, followed by Charlie as he moved down the stairs. He would be holding a pebble in his glove-covered hands, and his other hand was used to hold onto the rails. It looked like was pretty dark as they descended the building.

    Upon reaching the next floor, he noticed that going down the next flight was going to be impossible due to some debris. Dammit all! They would have to go to the other side of the building and find a way down from there.

    Looking around the office building, all he could see were slightly old and dated systems, office chairs and desks left untouched as if everyone had just gone home. Nothing was really out of place or unusual… just everything was perfectly normal. And in many ways this actually spooked Nao. He wasn’t entirely sure on what they were going to encounter, but this place they were in right now? It seemed like it had been untouched, almost like a stronghold or safe space.

    Nao turned and nodded to Ana and Talyia, before proceeding down the office building to reach another flight of stairs. Hopefully they wouldn’t have to zigzag across the building over and over again. That was thirty-six floors to deal with man! And he was not having any of them when it came to climbing stairs. Darn.

    WC: 5416+1000=6416 / 18,000
    HP: 100%
    MP: 100%
    Status: Slightly spooped



    _____________________________________________________________________________________

    Profile Magic Bank
    Anastasia Isayev
    Anastasia Isayev

    Moderator- Chatbox Moderator- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Guild Master- S-Rank- A-Rank- Character Application Approved!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : Valkyrian
    Position : None
    Posts : 2446
    Guild : Black Sails GM
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : [Primary] Ivan Isayev [Secondary] Fafnir, the World Dragon
    Experience : 321116
    Brownie Points : 69

    Character Sheet
    First Magic: Mechanized REquip
    Second Magic: Dragons' Champion
    Third Magic:

    The Devil's Lab Empty Re: The Devil's Lab

    Post by Anastasia Isayev on 5th May 2016, 5:39 pm

    "There is something below us"

    After the room was cleared, Nao decided to take point.  This caused Anastasia to pause for a moment and look at Nao with an impressed face.  This was probably the first time she had seen Nao with enough clout to take the lead.  Yes, Anastasia was quite happy with this result.  Perhaps it had something to do with his change of magic; maybe it gave him a bit more confidence.  Normally Ana is the more gung-ho type, but without the ability to use her armor, she is left relying on The Fire Moth and Taliya to carry her weight.  While the two are pretty dangerous as a pair, she needed to ensure The Fire Moth remained safe throughout the entirety of this job, considering it will be her 'less-than-portable' usb hacking device.

    Nao took point and Ana and Taliya followed.  Taliya whispered out something absolutely ludicrous.  "I love doing sneaky missions like this.  Makes me feel like I'm stalking a cute guy, like Naonao <3, to pounce on.  Oo, I bet he'd enjoy that," she said in hushed tones, quiet enough to where only Ana would hear.  This caused Ana to turn around and glare at her for a moment.  If a look could kill, Ana would have slain Taliya and obliterated her soul.  "Now isn't the time or place to divert blood to the wrong area, Taliya.  God damnit, focus, will ya?" she said before Nao stopped, noticing debris forcing them to divert through one of the floors.  

    Well, the fact that they had to divert to one of the floors wasn't very good for them.  If there were hostiles running around, they would be more-than-open to an attack from these vicious creatures.  Anastasia bit her lower lip out of nervousness before slowly following Nao and Charlie into the room.  

    The floor looked old with ancient technology.  What exactly were these people doing with such ancient computers?  Well, at least these were ancient when compared to Isayev Heavy Industry standards.  Ana walked by one of the desks to notice a cubicle with multiple pictures hanging on the 'wall' of the cubicle.  The pictures were mostly of children and their artwork along with a couple pictures on a computer monitor with a man and a woman, with hearts over the man's face.  This was obviously a woman's cubicle judging by the artwork on the picture.  The emergency lights for the building flickered on and off, as if the back-up generator (used only for emergencies when the electricity is cut-off) is starting to die off.  

    This caused Anastasia and Taliya to pause and simply look at the lights.  As Anastasia and Taliya were concentrating on the lights flickering, a sound of scratching could be heard on the floor below them.  This caused the hairs on Anastasia's body to stand on end, causing Anastasia to wrap her arms around Taliya.  Her knees began to shake.  "Did you hear that?" Ana asked in a hushed tone.  She looked up at Taliya and shrugged her shoulders.  "Probably a rat?" she responded with uncertainty.  After regaining her senses, Anastasia looked around to see that Nao wasn't around.  

    The scratching noise could be heard again, this time coming from the walls.  "There's no way that can be a rat!  Rats aren't that big!" she shouted in a whispered tone.  "And where is Nao!?" Anastasia asked before releasing Taliya and briskly, but gently moving across the room only to hear a hissing sound, forcing Anastasia to accelerate her stealthy movement out of pure fear.  Anastasia moved to the stair well only to hear the same hissing sound and scratching noise reverberate through the stair well.  She quickly ran to close the distance between her and Nao as the group slowly descended the stairs.  

    "Did you hear that?" she whispered to Nao.  Her back was hunched over in a rather passive posture denoting fear.  If she was an animal, her tail would be tucked between her legs.  Taliya, on the other hand, didn't seem bothered by the scratching sounds in the least.  Her tail was swinging back and forth non-chalantly.  Ana and the group continued down the multiple flights of stairs until they reached the 28th floor.  However, it would be the end of the line as the stairwell to the 27th floor and lower were... missing.  Wonderful.

    Stopping at the edge of the stair well, Anastasia looked over the edge to see nothing but darkness going straight down to the ground floor.  While this would be an opportune time for Nao to float all the way down, Anastasia would be in a more sticky situation, trying to get down to the 27th floor, which was the server room.  What made this even MORE sticky was the fact that if she needed to make a quick escape, she wouldn't be able to due to her lack of agility and strength outside of her armor.  She could, essentially, hang on to the Fire Moth, but that all depends on the Fire Moth's ability to lift Anastasia's weight and from previous experience, that isn't a possibility.  What could work is if Taliya throwing Anastasia up, but then again, her physical strength to catch herself on the stair well hindered her from doing that.

    "Well, damn.  What do you want to do, Nao?" she whispered to her teammate.  They could split up and conquer this on two separate fronts, but that may leave them vulnerable to attack.  However, they could accomplish the objectives at a much faster rate than going along as a team; however, doing that would be the safer option.  
    OOC:
    WC -  6416 + 931 = 7377 / 18,000

    HP:  100%
    MP:  N/A
    Status:  Afraid
    Tags:


    _____________________________________________________________________________________

    [Character Approval] [Mechanized REquip Spells] [Dragons' Champion] [The Eye of Odin] [Bank]
    Wave your banner!  
    Join the Black Sails today!
    The Guild is Set to OPEN!  -- This means, feel free to join!
    Nao
    Nao

    Quality Badge Level 1- Character Application Approved!- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Player 
    Lineage : Clone of the First Clone
    Position : None
    Posts : 444
    Guild : Black Sails
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Age : 27
    Mentor : Nao (Primary) Gem of Time (Secondary)
    Experience : 49,325

    Character Sheet
    First Magic: Water Dragon Slayer (First Gen)
    Second Magic: Chronokinesis
    Third Magic:

    The Devil's Lab Empty Re: The Devil's Lab

    Post by Nao on 6th May 2016, 2:36 pm

    The office was dark, and quiet. Besides the footsteps made by the group, especially by Charlie who was much larger and bulkier than the two girls who were just over five foot tall, and Nao who wasn’t exactly the most muscular guy. Though having a sound that was constant, close, and friendly was a little more reassuring than the deathly silent office that seemed even devoid of rodents, insects and maybe even the bacteria. Were they so frightened of the place that they dared even tread on such derelict and condemned property? Or was whatever that happened here purged everything from its existence? Whatever it was… this place seemed a little too peculiar and downright unnerving.

    Nao would keep walking around the building they were in, one hand carrying something he could throw at a monster, while the other hand would keep ahead of him. While the lights were flickering dimly above the group, they were definitely not going to keep them well lit against whatever was out there. And whatever was out there probably loved that it was dark and full of so many different kinds if places they could lurk without being seen. Nao didn’t really want to be ambushed by anyone or anything here in this place, but they were definitely going to have to start speeding up.

    He would hear footsteps moving quickly as if running, making him jump and turn, almost throwing the rock at what was actually Ana and Taliya. He sighed out softly as she asked him if he had heard what she was hearing. He shook his head, using his fingers to make gestures as if to tell her to focus and keep looking ahead. It was only at that time that Nao realised that maybe bringing Charlie here was a bad idea. While he was good at flying, he was bulky and loud and was definitely going to set something off.

    They reached some stairwell that looked like it was going straight down very quickly. Ana didn’t seem very keen on descending down to the bottom, seeing as it was very dark and all. Also with the fact that between Nao and Charlie? They could just fly down and just get down to the bottom very quickly.

    ”How about I get down there with Charlie. We’ll fly down, and get the generator back on very quickly so we have some lights. Then we can just fly back up, meet you there at the server room, make our way back up with the files and then we are out of here. Sound good?”


    Upon any agreements and goodbyes, Nao would hope on Charlie and they would fly down through the middle of the stairwell, going pretty quick down the middle before reaching down the ground floor. It was a really simple plan after all, just being able to find their way down without any kind of distraction or problem. Though as soon as Nao tried to open the door, it seemed that it was locked from the other side.

    ”Dammit,” Nao muttered. Of course there was going to be something that was in the way of them getting anywhere from here. Of course there would be something blocking their passage. Until he noticed  small, baby Charlie-sized hole in the wall from all the damage that had been done by all the neglect… or maybe the hostiles.

    ”Okay Charlie,”
    he whispered to his gryphon, ”switch forms.” And with that the gryphon would poof in a puff of smoke, before showing himself as a much younger, baby form. While still pretty fast and powerful, he wasn’t going to be able to fly the group up and down the building. But it was probably better to keep together, fight together, and if Charlie was this small then he could probably do more things. ”Atta boy! Now if you could get through the crack, hover and open the other side that would be great.”

    Charlie would nod, before digging through the crack and debris and popping up on the other side to start work on opening that door.

    As Nao paced around in the stariwell, he remembered that Ana and Taliya probably hadn’t seen the transformation before. The fact his pet could change shape and age was pretty impressive, if not a unique skill for a gryphon. Most of them just aged and died, but Charlie was able to switch his age without care in the world. But the two of them probably would have wondered how he could do it, since it was not such a normal thing for the gryphon-kind to be able to do at all.

    Soon Charlie would open the door to the reception, before they could have a look around to see where the door would be for the basement level. The second basement level was it? Well this was going to be a little bit of a difficulty seeing as they couldn’t even find the first basement around here. And this were going so well despite the incredibly creepy atmosphere here in the building.

    Having to do jobs like enter a village full of werewolves, and a creepy rundown lab? Nao was definitely choosing the next mission they were going to do. He had recently seen a job going about for a fishing competition or something similar to that. Maybe they would do that job instead. Better than whatever this was…

    WC - 7377+901=8278 / 18,000

    HP:  100%
    MP:  N/A
    Status:  Not so spooped. Puzzle master.


    _____________________________________________________________________________________

    Profile Magic Bank
    Anastasia Isayev
    Anastasia Isayev

    Moderator- Chatbox Moderator- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Guild Master- S-Rank- A-Rank- Character Application Approved!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : Valkyrian
    Position : None
    Posts : 2446
    Guild : Black Sails GM
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : [Primary] Ivan Isayev [Secondary] Fafnir, the World Dragon
    Experience : 321116
    Brownie Points : 69

    Character Sheet
    First Magic: Mechanized REquip
    Second Magic: Dragons' Champion
    Third Magic:

    The Devil's Lab Empty Re: The Devil's Lab

    Post by Anastasia Isayev on 7th May 2016, 2:37 pm

    "The Scary part of the internet"

    Nao gestured to Anastasia to remain focused.  Nodding her head, she took a deep breath to recompose herself.  She was capable of hearing her heart beating as she took the breath in, feeling her limbs quiver like a leaf.  She shut her eyes and simply stated.  "Don't be a wimp.  Don't be a wimp.  You've done scarier jobs.  Don't be a wimp," she chanted silently to herself.  After facing the endless tunnel downwards, Nao suggested going down there alone.  This left Anastasia with an uneasy feeling.

    However, Anastasia didn't see any other way this could play out.  Instinctively, she rushed up to Nao and gave him a hug.  This wasn't mainly for him, but this was more for her own comfort than anything.  Regardless of Nao's reaction, just holding someone calmed her down, if even just a little bit.  "Be careful, Nao."  If there were any other way, she would have quickly protested as splitting up would be suicide.  But he had the ability to fly down and simply throw a switch while Anastasia had to remain up here to hack into the server for the information that they needed.  Releasing Nao, Anastasia pet Charlie with a smile.  "Keep him safe, alright?" she said before nodding towards Nao, feeling less terrified than she did earlier thanks to hugging Nao (even if it was against his will and possibly made him mortified.  

    Splitting a mission into two parts was always a scary thing, especially when placed into a scary story scenario.  For all they knew, they could be repeating events from several books and manga she had read before.  It was probably her hyperactive imagination that made her feel more terrified than more people.  But Anastasia and Taliya had said their goodbyes only for Taliya to remove her grip from The Fire Moth, letting it roam free for the first time this entire job.  Anastasia poked Taliya's side, causing her to giggle a bit.

    "I need you to get that door open.  I'll try to hover down on The Fire Moth. Think you can manage that?" she asked before Taliya nodded with a big smile.  "And do it quietly," Anastasia had to add before Taliya got a confused look on her face.  It's as if she had no idea how to do something like busting down a door quietly.  Standing on the edge of what was left of the stair well, Taliya looked down into the darkened abyss before turning to look towards Ana.  

    "You know, if I fall, I probably won't live that," she said before Anastasia thought for a moment.  With a quick grumble, she nodded.  Yeah, Taliya was right to exercise caution.  There was no need to risk someone's life needlessly.  She turned her head towards The Fire Moth and nodded her head.  "Find a way in there, alright?" she asked before The Fire Moth spun around a couple times and hovered down to the door that she had issues with 1 floor below them.  The weapon hovered and looked over the door, noticing it was locked.  A strong electronic beam came from the weapon, quickly melting the metal in the door before it finally opened.  

    The weapon quickly levitated upwards.  "That's a good Fire Moth," she said praising the weapon.  "Taliya, mind taking point?" she simply added before Taliya licked her lips and took a step back to get a running start.  With a few steps forward, she jumped towards the wall that the door was on and went splat against the wall.  A little grunt could be heard from Taliya as she slid down the wall only to worm her way into the door.  Her hair was disheveled and her clothing dusty, Taliya poked her head out the door and gave a thumbs up.  

    Anastasia's heart raced.  "This is just like that damn pass on the mountain.  You can do this, Ana," she said before grabbing The Fire Moth in both hands and took a leap of faith.  The Fire Moth did what it could to resist gravity only to fail, causing Anastasia to begin a free fall.  At the last moment, a hand extended out and grabbed Ana's as she freely dangled down the shaft of the stair well.  Taliya grabbed a hold of Anastasia's hand and what would have been a perilous moment was saved by her trusted guardian.  

    Anastasia breathed heavily and grumbled.  "Oh crap!  Good catch, Taliya.  Thank goodness!" she said before being pulled up by the beastly woman.  Upon being pulled up, she released The Fire Moth and praised it for it's work as well.  If that thing didn't resist gravity as much as it did, Anastasia would be laying at the bottom of this pile in a pool of her own blood, guts, and shattered bones.  Shaking her head, she walked inside of the room and closed the door to the stairwell behind them.  However, due to how it was burnt open, the door swung right back open.

    Inside, Anastasia saw a large grouping of super computers behind another door.  This door, however, was opened unlike the stair well door as this door was electronically locked.  "Let's get inside real quick," Anastasia said, corralling herself, Taliya, and The Fire Moth into the room and closed the door.  While inside, the three of them looked around the massive super computers to try to figure out what the server names were to decide which server would have the information they needed.  

    The three walked spread out and looked through the server room only to look at the labels posted above each of the servers.  While they were looking, Anastasia stopped to hear a scratching and a quiet growl.  This caused another chill to go up Anastasia's spine.  It seemed they weren't alone here.  Anastasia stopped for a moment and turned to go look for Taliya.  However, due to the maze that is this server room and the fact that she should remain silent so not to attract attention, Anastasia swallowed hard and continued to look for what she needed all the while continuing to hear the scratching and growling.  While it didn't sound like it came from the same room as them, it still gave her the willies knowing that whatever made that sound was REALLY close to them.  
    OOC:
    WC -  8278 + 1047 = 9325 / 18,000

    HP:  100%
    MP:  N/A
    Status:  Afraid
    Tags:


    _____________________________________________________________________________________

    [Character Approval] [Mechanized REquip Spells] [Dragons' Champion] [The Eye of Odin] [Bank]
    Wave your banner!  
    Join the Black Sails today!
    The Guild is Set to OPEN!  -- This means, feel free to join!
    Nao
    Nao

    Quality Badge Level 1- Character Application Approved!- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Player 
    Lineage : Clone of the First Clone
    Position : None
    Posts : 444
    Guild : Black Sails
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Age : 27
    Mentor : Nao (Primary) Gem of Time (Secondary)
    Experience : 49,325

    Character Sheet
    First Magic: Water Dragon Slayer (First Gen)
    Second Magic: Chronokinesis
    Third Magic:

    The Devil's Lab Empty Re: The Devil's Lab

    Post by Nao on 11th May 2016, 4:50 pm

    Nao would keep looking around the room, still taken back by the hug that he had received from Ana before he jumped down here. Though he would usually reacted horribly to people of the opposite sex giving him affection due to the fact he didn’t want to get too close to them, but this one seemed like he genuinely needed to help her. Something about her seemed very off recently. Usually she seemed very confident in her abilities, and even in some of the most dangerous jobs they had done she was confident. Now recently since they both had gotten stronger… she seemed a little more timid than usual. He did begin to wonder why.

    Nao would keep walking through the reception with Charlie, who was keeping his eyes out on everything in the room. He couldn’t smell or sense anything, and he couldn’t detect any kind of hostiles in the vicinity. Surely this was strange since there was meant to be blips of others in the building. He couldn’t understand why they hadn’t come across anything else besides Ana and Taliya. But surely the two of them would be fine if something bad happened to them. Heck! Maybe the blips in the screen were just regular people, or they were just glitches due to the fact they were in the neutral zone.

    Pushing past debris, wood, and broken pieces of stone; Nao would make his way over to where he thought was the basement levels. It looked like they were hidden in the cleaning closet as if part of the maintenance team’s job to make sure the power was kept on at all times. Well they obviously had failed due to the fact that the power was off completely besides a few flickering lights here and there. Dare he wonder what it was going to be like when he got down into the room.

    ”Watch my back,” he told Charlie as he pushed past a variety of mops, mop buckets, brushes, dustpans and all sorts of cleaning detergents. He was trying to make sure he could get to the door, but when he finally reached the door he found that it was locked. Darn! They just needed to find a way into the floor.

    ”Okay lets switch around, Charlie. I need you to break down the door into the basement so we can access the generator. With your metal claws I’m sure it’ll be easier to do.” Nao would move out of the way for Charlie to move in to the cleaning closet. The gryphon would knock off all sorts of items, making them fall on the floor with a bang and a crash. The water mage himself would just cringe in the fact they were making such a mess and a sound.

    Charlie would begin to scratch at the door, making its way slowly through it while Nao waited patiently around to see if he could hear or see any hostiles approaching them… but for some reason there was nothing but the ghosts around them. Which was bizarre seeing as they were meant to have a load of hostiles in the building, but he could not see any of them. But of course they were probably just waiting for them as they tried to make their way back up the building to the top. He hoped Ana was doing okay in the server room, if she had even got there yet.

    ”Ah crap we forgot to say a point of interest of where we would meet up, huh?”
    he called out to Charlie before hearing the door break down in front of the gryphon.

    ”Oh hey good job, Charlie!” he said as he followed behind the gryphon. The path down seemed very dark and full of terrors, but he knew that he had to keep going down and keep finding the way down to the generator. ”Lets just go really slow now… so we don’t fall off the stairs and plummet to our death.” So the two of them would slow descend the stairs, holding on to the rail bar as they kept going down to the second basement.

    Once at the bottom of the steps, the pair of them would quickly locate the generator and head over to it quickly. It seemed like it was just going to be a simple lever, and it was a simple lever that he was able to pull down. Nothing like having something like a simple job such as pulling down a simple level to get the backup power restored.

    As the lights flickered back on, he smiled at what he had accomplished so far. ”Okay then Charlie, lets get back to the rendezvous point, and get back to the ship with the data.” However just as he was about to move, he turned around and felt a cold shiver as he saw the hostile blips that the ship had warned them about. Some had been locked in the basement, and gotten through the mains power to make someone open the door and get the backup power up.

    WC - 9325+850=10175/ 18,000

    HP: 100%
    MP: N/A
    Status: SPOOPED. SPOOPED!!


    _____________________________________________________________________________________

    Profile Magic Bank
    NPC
    NPC

    Posts : 22966
    Mentor : Admin

    Character Sheet
    First Magic:
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

    The Devil's Lab Empty Re: The Devil's Lab

    Post by NPC on 11th May 2016, 4:50 pm

    The member 'Nao' has done the following action : Dice Rolls


    'Monster Dice' :
    The Devil's Lab NormalMonster The Devil's Lab NormalMonster
    Anastasia Isayev
    Anastasia Isayev

    Moderator- Chatbox Moderator- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Guild Master- S-Rank- A-Rank- Character Application Approved!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : Valkyrian
    Position : None
    Posts : 2446
    Guild : Black Sails GM
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : [Primary] Ivan Isayev [Secondary] Fafnir, the World Dragon
    Experience : 321116
    Brownie Points : 69

    Character Sheet
    First Magic: Mechanized REquip
    Second Magic: Dragons' Champion
    Third Magic:

    The Devil's Lab Empty Re: The Devil's Lab

    Post by Anastasia Isayev on 12th May 2016, 2:28 pm

    Gonna roll my Monsters first.


    _____________________________________________________________________________________

    [Character Approval] [Mechanized REquip Spells] [Dragons' Champion] [The Eye of Odin] [Bank]
    Wave your banner!  
    Join the Black Sails today!
    The Guild is Set to OPEN!  -- This means, feel free to join!
    NPC
    NPC

    Posts : 22966
    Mentor : Admin

    Character Sheet
    First Magic:
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

    The Devil's Lab Empty Re: The Devil's Lab

    Post by NPC on 12th May 2016, 2:28 pm

    The member 'Anastasia Isayev' has done the following action : Dice Rolls


    'Monster Dice' :
    The Devil's Lab NormalMonster The Devil's Lab NormalMonster
    Anastasia Isayev
    Anastasia Isayev

    Moderator- Chatbox Moderator- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Guild Master- S-Rank- A-Rank- Character Application Approved!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : Valkyrian
    Position : None
    Posts : 2446
    Guild : Black Sails GM
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : [Primary] Ivan Isayev [Secondary] Fafnir, the World Dragon
    Experience : 321116
    Brownie Points : 69

    Character Sheet
    First Magic: Mechanized REquip
    Second Magic: Dragons' Champion
    Third Magic:

    The Devil's Lab Empty Re: The Devil's Lab

    Post by Anastasia Isayev on 12th May 2016, 3:11 pm

    "The Dark Web"

    Anastasia and Taliya continued to look for something that might actually have the information they are looking for.  As the two continued on through the labyrinth, they eventually converged upon one another at a single door just outside of the server room labeled "Administrative Room".  There was a window on the door, have of the glass shattered and scattered across the floor.  The handle on the outside was destroyed by something.  Another scraping sound could be heard, this time from the floor above them.  It was actually DIRECTLY above them, as they could track the location of what they heard just by the sound alone.  A chill ran up Anastasia's spine as she simply looked up and followed the sound.  It seemed to be pacing around a circle above them like a vulture awaiting it's prey to die.

    Taking the initiative, Taliya reached her arm into the door and opened it from the other side, taking care to not cut herself on the broken glass panel.  Normally, she would just break the door down, but due to the complicated and terrifying nature of the current job, she needed to take everything slowly and quietly.  It wasn't until Taliya heard the sound of the scraping circling above them did she begin to really worry about something hostile being around them.  Moving her arm out from the little hole made by the glass, she pushed the door open, granting the two of them, as well as The Fire Moth that Anastasia had with her.  She clutched it firmly, like a stuffed teddy, as if to get around the anxiety of being in this place.

    Normally, Anastasia would be gung-ho from the beginning, but she knows her limits and not having access to her spells made her extremely vulnerable.  She isn't a fan of vulnerability and thus feels terrifyingly weak in this state.  Fortunately, for her, she has a strong network of friends and tools that can assist her and not make her feel as vulnerable.  Thankfully, she didn't have to go at this alone.  If this was just her, she would be here for hours, hiding at every sound.  The fact that Nao is with her to handle some of the lighter work while she does more of the technical work makes this job infinitely easier.  Taliya and the Fire Moth are also here to keep her protected, so she doesn't necessarily feel naked in terms of battling.  Not that fighting here would mean anything since these things are practically immortal anyway.

    Once the group entered the office, the lights flickered on and the electricity charged up, turning on the computer in the Administrator office.  A front cover image of a black hydra could be seen on it with a log-in screen.  This seemed like the information they had to gather.  Anastasia released the Fire Moth and began the hacking protocol.  The Fire Moth simply stayed in place for a moment as lights flashed before initiating the hack.  The screen on the computer changed drastically before it showed a screen for 'information upload' on it with a progress bar.  

    It was at that time, that the circling above them had stopped.  After a brief moment, Anastasia and Taliya stopped and looked up for a moment, waiting to hear the sound of the scraping continue.  The fact that the scraping was directly above them gave them a sense of security, knowing exactly where it was at the time.  

    "Where'd it go?" Anastasia whispered towards Taliya, not taking her eyes off of the ceiling.

    "I don't know.  It was here a second ago," Taliya responded in similar hushed tones.  There was even more silence.  Anastasia instinctively walked over to Taliya and hugged one of her arms.  Her skin was cold and clammy with goosebumps rising.  She shook involuntarily as she dug her fingernails into Taliya's bicep.  Taliya bit her lower lip to mask the pain with something else.  Suddenly, there was a loud shriek with the scraping taking off from directly above them towards the other end of the room, as if making it's way towards the the stairwell.  

    This caused Anastasia to scream out in fear, only to release Taliya's arm and cover her mouth, letting out muffled screams of terror.  The sounds were so sudden.  Anastasia took to hiding within the office, placing her hands over the back of her head and squeezing her eyelids shut.  "This isn't real.  This isn't real. This is just a horror movie.  This isn't real," Anastasia began to say in complete denial.  

    Taliya remained cool as a pickle.  She kept her back against the wall of the office, trying to remain hidden.  The Fire Moth continued it's download of the information within the computer.  It had already gone through the simple hacking of the weak cyber security protection.  It's progress was at a mere 15%.  Anastasia opened her eyes only to look at the computer to see the progress.  Only 15%?!  Anastasia had to stick around until after The Fire Moth reached 100% before escaping from this hell.  

    "Nao, please save me," she said in a whimpering voice.  Afterwards, there was silence.  A moment of silence to give Anastasia a little breather before a loud CLONK sound could be heard echoing from the stairwell and through the server room they had passed through.  A shrieking sound could be heard as well.  

    "Shit!  Oh shit, it's here!  It's here," Anastasia said, covering her ears.  The sound of scraping could be heard moving around through the server room.  Taliya turned her head and got a look at the statue.  The moment her eyes looked upon the statue, it instantly stopped.  

    "What the hell is that?" Taliya asked before waving towards Ana to come see.  "Come here, Ana.  It stopped the moment I looked at it.  It's... a statue of an angel," Taliya stated before Anastasia peeked out from behind Taliya to see the statue of the angel far off in the server room.  That, most certainly, wasn't there before.  That must have been the scraping sound they were hearing the entire time while they were here.  Anastasia closed her eyes and hid behind Taliya.  "I need you to protect me from that," she said before Taliya took her eyes off of the creature to slap some sense into Anastasia.  

    "Get a grip on yourself...  Oh shit," Taliya said as she turned and looked back in the server room, trying to find the statue.  It seemed to have vanished.  Her eyes scanned the room only to notice it coming from her right side.  Her eyes locked in on it once more and again, the statue stopped.

    "Anastasia!  I need you to calm your tits and help me out here.  This thing won't move as long as we look at it.  So we'll have to take shifts keeping an eye on this thing while The Fire Moth continues it's download.  One of us will rest our eyes and the other will look.  Once the one looking starts to feel fatigued, the other will take over.  We need to do this, Ana.  Grow some balls, already!" she stated.  Anastasia shook uncontrollably, but she knew Taliya was right.

    With a nod of her head.  Ana pointed to Taliya.  "You're first!" she said.  She opened her eyes to look at the computer once more, The Fire Moth was at 25% completed.  Keep going, Fire Moth!  Please!  Do it faster!  
    OOC:  Upgraded my 2 Normals into a Strong Monster
    WC -  10175 + 1236 = 11,411 / 18,000

    HP:  100%
    MP:  N/A
    Status:  Afraid / In a staring contest
    Tags:


    _____________________________________________________________________________________

    [Character Approval] [Mechanized REquip Spells] [Dragons' Champion] [The Eye of Odin] [Bank]
    Wave your banner!  
    Join the Black Sails today!
    The Guild is Set to OPEN!  -- This means, feel free to join!
    Nao
    Nao

    Quality Badge Level 1- Character Application Approved!- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Player 
    Lineage : Clone of the First Clone
    Position : None
    Posts : 444
    Guild : Black Sails
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Age : 27
    Mentor : Nao (Primary) Gem of Time (Secondary)
    Experience : 49,325

    Character Sheet
    First Magic: Water Dragon Slayer (First Gen)
    Second Magic: Chronokinesis
    Third Magic:

    The Devil's Lab Empty Re: The Devil's Lab

    Post by Nao on 15th May 2016, 4:03 pm

    Turning the lights on was a huge mistake. No sooner that the lights had turned on, he noticed that there was probably a reason why the lights had been turned off. He encountered just one enemy, but he actually found two beings on the floor. Humanoid in looks, but much taller than an average human in Fiore, they seem to just hide away and appear to not want to show their faces. He had to be kidding that he would be already meeting these creatures.

    Nao jumped back in fright, before studying the creatures from afar. They were together, next to each other and were in the way of the door. This was going to be a real pain when trying to find their way back towards the entrance. Not only that, but he still didn’t really have a way back up since the stairs didn’t seem to be filling their purpose due to their destruction, and Charlie couldn’t turn back into an adult gryphon for at least a few more minutes. He would have to think of another plan.

    ”Charlie we need to be very, very cautious,” he would whisper, trying to make very subtle and nonchalant movements. ”I don’t know if these being actually can hear us, or move, or are even sentient at all. All I know is that they’re in the way, and we have a lot of floors to cover. I have no idea how many of these things are around, but according to the blips on George there’s… a lot. So we better be very quick and very quiet.”

    Nao would begin to start sidling against the walls on the generator, before inching towards the door. Charlie would do the same, keeping his little feet as quiet as possible before realising he could hover in this form and just float around. While this was useful for him, Nao wasn’t so lucky. And without his water then he was going to struggle getting anywhere. But he would have to be slow and careful when it came to moving around… whatever these things were.

    Taking each step slowly, he would eventually find himself by the door of the generator room. He would sigh softly as he would let Charlie through first, before turning to shut the door on the monsters. But unfortunately he caught them in the eyes, seeing their horrific faces. This would result in the shrillest, most horrific screeches that Nao had ever heard, causing to put his hands to his ears and freak out a little. He had startled the witch. And what are you not meant to do?

    You’re not meant to startle the witch.

    He would shut the door very quickly, and would begin to rush out of the maintenance room. This would be the biggest mistake of his life, doing this job that is. Why did they not just turn around and leave this job? Why did they decide that this would be the best one?

    Charlie had also heard the creatures, and was about to go attack them but Nao stopped him. It was best for the both of them to find their way out of here very quickly. He had to find a way out of the ground floor and hope that he would find himself a way up there.

    "Run Charlie, Run!"


    He realised he could throw Charlie back up, but without the ability to defy physics… he would just be all-alone. He didn’t think mentally he would be able to handle that. Instead he would just run with Charlie through the office, ignoring anything that could be of interest. He would surely find that he would feel the fear taking over his body. The senses of what was around him were starting to fail on him, and all that was taken was the fight or flight senses. He could still hear the screams coming from the two beings. He just hoped that they would stop and just ignore him from now on.

    He would eventually find a flight of stairs and proceed to move up in. It looked like it would take him up a good number of stories in this building. Though he wasn’t sure if he could actually run up these flights of stairs by himself, but he would try his best.

    However running up flights of stairs would be a real problem because noise attracted monsters. And now with the lights on everyone could see everything, including the monsters seeing and hearing him run up the stairs. He would need some help, but help wasn’t going to come any time soon. Especially when he could still hear the screams of terror and anguish from the monsters down below, even from this far.

    Startling the monsters. You should never ever startle the monsters. Only then will you know true fear.

    11,411+806=12217/18,000

    HP: 100%
    MP: N/A
    Status: Running for his life.

    (Adding another monster)


    _____________________________________________________________________________________

    Profile Magic Bank
    NPC
    NPC

    Posts : 22966
    Mentor : Admin

    Character Sheet
    First Magic:
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

    The Devil's Lab Empty Re: The Devil's Lab

    Post by NPC on 15th May 2016, 4:03 pm

    The member 'Nao' has done the following action : Dice Rolls


    'Monster Dice' :
    The Devil's Lab NormalMonster
    Anastasia Isayev
    Anastasia Isayev

    Moderator- Chatbox Moderator- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Guild Master- S-Rank- A-Rank- Character Application Approved!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : Valkyrian
    Position : None
    Posts : 2446
    Guild : Black Sails GM
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : [Primary] Ivan Isayev [Secondary] Fafnir, the World Dragon
    Experience : 321116
    Brownie Points : 69

    Character Sheet
    First Magic: Mechanized REquip
    Second Magic: Dragons' Champion
    Third Magic:

    The Devil's Lab Empty Re: The Devil's Lab

    Post by Anastasia Isayev on 15th May 2016, 6:18 pm

    Rolling Monster first for myself.


    _____________________________________________________________________________________

    [Character Approval] [Mechanized REquip Spells] [Dragons' Champion] [The Eye of Odin] [Bank]
    Wave your banner!  
    Join the Black Sails today!
    The Guild is Set to OPEN!  -- This means, feel free to join!
    NPC
    NPC

    Posts : 22966
    Mentor : Admin

    Character Sheet
    First Magic:
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

    The Devil's Lab Empty Re: The Devil's Lab

    Post by NPC on 15th May 2016, 6:18 pm

    The member 'Anastasia Isayev' has done the following action : Dice Rolls


    'Monster Dice' :
    The Devil's Lab NormalMonster
    Anastasia Isayev
    Anastasia Isayev

    Moderator- Chatbox Moderator- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Guild Master- S-Rank- A-Rank- Character Application Approved!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : Valkyrian
    Position : None
    Posts : 2446
    Guild : Black Sails GM
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : [Primary] Ivan Isayev [Secondary] Fafnir, the World Dragon
    Experience : 321116
    Brownie Points : 69

    Character Sheet
    First Magic: Mechanized REquip
    Second Magic: Dragons' Champion
    Third Magic:

    The Devil's Lab Empty Re: The Devil's Lab

    Post by Anastasia Isayev on 16th May 2016, 1:05 am

    "Get it the Hell Away!"

    55%.....
    60%....
    65%....
    So freaking close!  The Fire Moth continued the file transfer from the company maintenance computer, which is linked to all of the servers, with the information necessary for the completion of this job.  Anastasia began to rock back and forth, sweating profusely from the creature just outside of this office.  A shout was made from Taliya.  "Ana.  I need a replacement!" she shouted before Anastasia turned her head to look at the creature, giving Taliya time to blink and close her eyes until it was her turn.  Anastasia's heartrate elevated sky-high from being completely terrified.  It's to the point where she's starting to feel numb.  Next time, Nao is going to pick the jobs.  This one is far too stressful.  This doesn't help her already crippling fear that she obtained from not being able to help Almyra, leading her to losing a hand at the wrist.  

    Now she is being crippled by the fear of the monster that was just mere feet away from them.  The sight of this creature was clearly visible now that the lights had been turned on.  Why, oh why did they take this job?  Anastasia cleared her throat and asked to be tagged out, to which Taliya took over and opened her eyes.  During this time, Anastasia looked at the computer screen.  

    85%....
    90%.....
    95%....
    99%.....
    Titan Heavy Industries Firewall initiated.  A final line of defense against hackers and intruders.  "Crap!  Break through that firewall!" she demanded.  

    "What?  What's a firewall?"  Taliya asked, keeping her eyes on the creature.  It was a shame that they had to maintain direct eye contact.  

    "God damnit!" Anastasia shouted.  "Taliya, I need you to hold on a bit longer.  I need to manually crack through this firewall," she said before Taliya whimpered.  

    "Don't bullshit me, Anastasia!  Tape me out real quick," Taliya stated.  Her eyes began to grow dry, raising one eye above the rest.  Using a sense of urgency, Anastasia jumped up and ran towards the window just behind her to look directly at the statue.  "Go!" she said giving Taliya a moment to clear her eyes and get them extra moist.  She's going to be going through this one for a while, only being tapped out during the break-in when absolutely necessary.  

    "Taliya!" Anastasia shouted before Taliya poked her head out once more, staring at the ugly face of the stone abomination.  "Clear!" she said before Anastasia sat back down in her seat and began to type away multiple lines of code trying to override the Firewall put in place by her family's competitors from Bosco.  Anastasia quietly chanted out explitives while she was cracking through only for the screen to turn green and the download to complete in The Fire Moth.  

    Grabbing the machine, she held it in her hand like a plasma rifle.  Turning towards the window, she pointed the weapon towards the statue and shot at it, destroying the window she was standing in front of.  The pure force of the plasma blast from the electronic weapon only knocked the statue over.  

    "Taliya!  Push over those servers and leave just a little bit of it open so we can both see it.  Think you can handle that?" Ana asked as she lowered The Fire Moth once again, holding it like a woman clutching something to her chest.  

    "Yeah!  I got it!" she said before walking around, pushing the extremely heavy servers around in a way that it could fall over, leaving a portion of the statue visible from their current angle and in the angle that they'll leave out of.  She stacked the servers on top in multiple ways.  There was enough weight on this creature to where it wouldn't/shouldn't be able to break out and escape.  Taliya closed her eyes for a moment before Anastasia called for a replacement.  

    Once the replacement happened, Ana took the time to move around the large pile of servers until she was on the same side as Taliya.  "Move backwards slowly.  Move directly backwards," she said, lacing her fingers into Taliya's hands as the two of them slowly moved back.  "Switch," Anastasia stated before the two of them alternated who was looking and who wasn't looking.

    The two continued to alternate until they made it towards what used to be the stairwell.  They had to elevate themselves up one floor.  However, in order to do this, they'd have to break eye contact.  However, Anastasia was in luck!  The Fire Moth was actually strong enough to lift itself and Anastasia up.  Using this to her advantage, Anastasia used her mental link with the weapon to slowly lift her up onto the next floor.  With a huff and a puff, Anastasia turned her eyes towards the door.

    "Get ready for a jump scare, Ana," Taliya shouted out before the two of them coordinated a perfect time for Taliya to jump.  "Alright, Taliya!  Jump in 3... 2... 1..." she said as she opened her eyes.  Taliya jumped up, landing softly beside Anastasia.  In a brief moment, the statue seemed to appear directly at the door, stopping right at the ledge.  

    Anastasia squeeked for a moment before hearing an ear-piercing screech directly behind them.  They done fucked up.  They startled the witch.  "Taliya?"

    "Yeah?"

    "What the hell was that noise?"

    "Something... Scary," she simply stated before the screech happened again.  Taliya grabbed Anastasia's hand and yanked her up the stairwell.  The sound of scraping could be heard ont he stairwell as eye-contact was broken and the sound of the witch wailing could be heard as well.  Taliya used her agility and strength to leap from floor to floor, quickly avoiding the weeping angel and the witch.  Taliya took a strange path as she took the two of them downwards, causing the witch to run directly into the weeping angel, causing it to fall backwards in utter pain.  

    "???" The two were dumb-founded at what just happened.  The moment the witch bumped into the weeping angel, it fell over in pain.  The two of them could use this to their advantage.  "Get the hell out of there, Nao!  Let's go!" Anastasia shouted while in the stairwell.  She knew that Nao probably wasn't able to hear what she just said, but she wasn't in the position to actually help Nao.  Anastasia wants to go back and save Nao!  

    "Stop being an idiot, Anastasia," Taliya said trying to stop the blonde from squirming around.  "You go down there, and both of you will die!" Taliya stated before Anastasia froze in fear.  "No!" she said as she continued to squirm around.  "Nao's NOT going to die!" she said as she continued to squirm before Taliya simply headbutted Anastasia, knocking her unconscious.  Thankfully, due to the pressure that Taliya is holding Ana, the most valuable piece in this job, The Fire Moth, was more than secured in her hands.

    All that's left now is to ascend the remaining floors until they arrive back to where they need to.  Taliya ran backwards, trying to retrace her steps.  She knew she was faster than the witch and much more agile, so she didn't worry too much about that.  However, it was the statue that she had problems with.  Though, the witch DID make escaping 10 times more difficult. 
    OOC:  
    WC -  12217 + 1213 = 13,430 / 18,000
    Almost THERE!

    HP:  100%
    MP:  N/A
    Status:  Unconscious -- Being carried by Taliya
    Tags:


    _____________________________________________________________________________________

    [Character Approval] [Mechanized REquip Spells] [Dragons' Champion] [The Eye of Odin] [Bank]
    Wave your banner!  
    Join the Black Sails today!
    The Guild is Set to OPEN!  -- This means, feel free to join!
    Nao
    Nao

    Quality Badge Level 1- Character Application Approved!- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Player 
    Lineage : Clone of the First Clone
    Position : None
    Posts : 444
    Guild : Black Sails
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Age : 27
    Mentor : Nao (Primary) Gem of Time (Secondary)
    Experience : 49,325

    Character Sheet
    First Magic: Water Dragon Slayer (First Gen)
    Second Magic: Chronokinesis
    Third Magic:

    The Devil's Lab Empty Re: The Devil's Lab

    Post by Nao on 17th May 2016, 3:30 pm

    Terror was not really something Nao had actually felt until he entered this place. Even losing his sight wasn’t as bad in hindsight compared to this, and that was a terrifying experience in itself. However hearing the horrifying screams of monsters so foul, and having to escape as quickly as possible wasn’t something on his plans. Next time he was choosing the job that they were going to be doing. Next time he was going to find something simple. Like fishing. Everyone likes a good fishing trip yes?

    The steps seemed incredibly long as winding. Each move made seemed to drain him of energy despite his fight or flight senses kicking in. Charlie also seemed to be feeling thing as he struggled climb up the steps. The gryphon’s breaths would become more like pants as he tried to keep up with Nao and was beginning to fail. He would cry out a chirp in his child form as he slowed down up the stairs. And this would cause Nao to panic as he would either have to slow his progress back up to the ship… or rescue his pet. And only in his terror state would he even consider leaving his pet to fend against these creatures. And he knew in his primitive state that Charlie would save him if he could… Dammit.

    ”Come on, Charlie!” he would called out, turning around and picking up the gryphon as quickly as he could, before turning back up the stairs and running with his pet in his hands. He didn’t have time, but until Charlie had caught up with his breath then so would he be in the arms of his owner. At least this way one of them would be rested. He just hoped Charlie would be able to switch out and become his older form soon. He really needed the flight and speed right about now.

    The screams below were beginning to quiet down a little bit as he kept climbing up the steps as quickly as possible. He would feel his heart starting to slow down, and the primitive flight mode was beginning to go. He was lucky that they were just only crying and screaming, not aggressive at all. But surely the screams were starting to draw attention to the fact that there were intruders in the room.

    ”I better hurry up, huh boy?” he said while looking at Charlie, nearly tripping on the stairs that he was running on. He would just catch himself, before sighing softly at the top of the steps. He wasn’t far from the floor that he left Ana on, so he would keep running up the stairs with some determination with each stride. ”We’re almost there, and then we can get out of this hellhole. We just have to be brave and get to the roof.”

    But a screech from above him would be him stop dead in his tracks. If someone had looked into another one of these creature’s eyes… And the only other two people were Ana and Taliya then…

    ”Ana!” he called out as he began to sprint up the stairs as quickly as he could. Only another 8 more floors before he got to them, and that was actually really far away. He was lucky that he was a mage and could actually run at a faster speed. But without water nearby, and without any of his magic powers? This wasn’t going to be very easy.

    The next floor he could that the stairs had been destroyed by rubble and he would have to go through the office to get to the other stairs up. He would have to take this route, strafing to the side as soon as he ran down the hallway. But as he ran he could see a similar figure resting in the middle of the way. It was another one of those creatures.

    ”Oh no not again!” he called out as he turned sharply, closing his eyes and covering Charlie’s, before banging into an office wall like a fly bouncing off the window trying to get out. He would cringe in pain, before moving around the creature’s sight path and moving to the end of the office and up the stairs. If these were the only creatures they had to deal with then there was no problem.

    The screaming upstairs had stopped, but he wasn’t sure how he felt about it.

    ”Ana! Taliya! I’m on my way up!” he called out, trying to make sure he was heard. He could only hope that they heard him as he was trying to escape with Charlie.

    His gryphon would hop off him, feeling rested as he ran alongside Nao, keeping up with him with each step before they ran up the next flight of stairs. They were somewhere near halfway to the top, but that wasn’t going to be enough if they were going to get there all in one piece. Between all the screams stopping, Nao was beginning to worry why it had gotten so quiet.


    13,430 +842= 14272/ 18,000
    HP: 100%
    MP: N/A
    Status: Still running,dodged a witch.

    (Dodged a normal and didn't startle it, so I'll roll again ^^)


    _____________________________________________________________________________________

    Profile Magic Bank
    NPC
    NPC

    Posts : 22966
    Mentor : Admin

    Character Sheet
    First Magic:
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

    The Devil's Lab Empty Re: The Devil's Lab

    Post by NPC on 17th May 2016, 3:30 pm

    The member 'Nao' has done the following action : Dice Rolls


    'Monster Dice' :
    The Devil's Lab NormalMonster
    Anastasia Isayev
    Anastasia Isayev

    Moderator- Chatbox Moderator- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Guild Master- S-Rank- A-Rank- Character Application Approved!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : Valkyrian
    Position : None
    Posts : 2446
    Guild : Black Sails GM
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : [Primary] Ivan Isayev [Secondary] Fafnir, the World Dragon
    Experience : 321116
    Brownie Points : 69

    Character Sheet
    First Magic: Mechanized REquip
    Second Magic: Dragons' Champion
    Third Magic:

    The Devil's Lab Empty Re: The Devil's Lab

    Post by Anastasia Isayev on 17th May 2016, 4:40 pm

    Rolling 6! Please give me boss (or let me build one!)


    _____________________________________________________________________________________

    [Character Approval] [Mechanized REquip Spells] [Dragons' Champion] [The Eye of Odin] [Bank]
    Wave your banner!  
    Join the Black Sails today!
    The Guild is Set to OPEN!  -- This means, feel free to join!
    NPC
    NPC

    Posts : 22966
    Mentor : Admin

    Character Sheet
    First Magic:
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

    The Devil's Lab Empty Re: The Devil's Lab

    Post by NPC on 17th May 2016, 4:40 pm

    The member 'Anastasia Isayev' has done the following action : Dice Rolls


    'Monster Dice' :
    The Devil's Lab WeakMonster The Devil's Lab NormalMonster The Devil's Lab NormalMonster The Devil's Lab NormalMonster The Devil's Lab Boss The Devil's Lab NormalMonster

      Current date/time is 4th June 2020, 7:48 am