- Job Details:
- Niyol wrote:Job Title: The Devils Lab (One Time Only)
Player Requirements: Assemble a team of 2-5 players (Of B rank or higher) and infiltrate a abandoned deep underground facility. Turn on the back up power generator, extract the research data of the facility and deliver it to the client. There are four Different monsters that roam within the underground facility. You must run and hide form these monsters. The monsters cannot be killed by any means or source.
Job Requirements: 450 words per post, 40 posts in total. All players need at least 20 posts per player.
Job Location: Neutral Grounds
To whom this may concern,
For many years scientist and powerful mages have been trying to figure out why magic cannot be used in the Neutral Grounds. A few years back a few scientist have found an anomaly underground that may be connected to the mystery of why magic and lacrima have no power in this city. My informant was able to get a hold of classified material. Apparently the Magic Council and the leading scientist of the Neutral Grounds, have made a joint effort to research the anomaly underground. A deep underground facility was constructed to be the main base for all this research. Not only was the facility a research base, it was also used to develop new weapons and various other devices that may be of interest. However an incident occurred in the facility, a total of 50 scientist and workers where killed in a "facility accident". No other information was found, all that is known is that the Magic Council and the Leading Scientist have swept the project under the rug. No one, except us, know that the facility was ever there. Whats even more odd, the council and the Scientist where never able to recover their data and research. Your job is to assemble a team and infiltrate the abandoned facility. Make your way to the facilities power core and start up the back up generator. This should give you enough power to boot up the computers in the main data storage section. Download all the information, escape and give it too me. You'll be able to meet my assistant in the Neutral Grounds near central district. He has the map of the whole lab, and information on the experiments that seem to be still wandering in the facility. I've sent three parties already, none have come back alive. If you take this job, you all will be rewarded handsomely. My assistant will be waiting for you all at midnight, if you still have not arrived then. I shall assume you have declined to take this job. But if you do come, I wish you luck. Proceed with caution...after all you won't be able to use your magic here....
Dr. John Dee
Note: Poisons do not effect these monsters. Anything that immobilizes only last for one post. None of the monsters can be killed or destroyed by any source or means.
- Experiment 1048 - Builder Bear: This monster starts out as a one foot tall teddy bear and patrols the lab, searching for any intruders. Should it ever find anyone who's trespassing, it will grow into a five foot version of it, with blood dripping off of it as if it was bleeding. This experiment deals C rank per hit in its initial form, and B rank damage per hit in its larger form. It will also pursue the trespasser it sees for four posts, which means the person will have to avoid and hide from it. If it's hit by a weapon, it will create a familiar made from that material of its rank, which is B rank, and will accompany Builder Bear, but only one can be had at a time. The familiar takes six hits of B rank damage before disappearing.
- Experiment 096 - Shy Guy: 096 is a humanoid creature measuring approximately 2.38 meters in height. Subject shows very little muscle mass, with preliminary analysis of body mass suggesting mild malnutrition. Arms are grossly out of proportion with the rest of the subject's body, with an approximate length of 1.5 meters each. Skin is mostly devoid of pigmentation, with no sign of any body hair.
096 is normally extremely docile, with pressure sensors inside its cell indicating it spends most of the day pacing by the eastern wall. However, when someone views 096's face, whether it be directly, via video recording, or even a photograph, it will enter a stage of considerable emotional distress. 096 will cover its face with its hands and begin screaming, crying, and babbling incoherently. Approximately one (1) to two (2) minutes after the first viewing, 096 will begin running to the person who viewed its face (who will from this point on be referred to as 096-1).
Documented speeds have varied from 10 meters per second to 35 meters per second, and seems to depend on distance from 096-1. At this point, no known material or method can impede 096's progress. The actual position of 096-1 does not seem to affect 096's response; it seems to have an innate sense of 096-1's location. The attacks made by 096 are B rank.
- Experiment 173 - The Sculpture: It is constructed from unknown materials with traces of an unknown brand of spray paint. 173 is animate and extremely hostile. The object cannot move while within a direct line of sight. Line of sight must not be broken at any time with 173, and this even includes blinking. Anytime line of sight is broken, it will move almost instantaneously until line of sight is made once again. The room that 173 stays locked until it is rolled. Should this experiment actually touch anyone, it deals A rank damage for four posts and this damage cannot be reduced by any means.
- Experiment 682 - The Predator: 682 is a large, vaguely reptile-like creature of unknown origin. It had always been observed to have extremely high strength, speed, and reflexes, though exact levels are unknown. 682 gains energy from anything it ingests, organic or inorganic. This means it will try to eat any weapons that are used against it. Digestion seems to be aided by a set of filtering gills inside of 682's nostrils, which are able to remove usable matter from any liquid solution, enabling it to constantly regenerate from the acid it stays in. 682's regenerative capabilities and resilience are staggering, and 682 has been seen moving and speaking with its body 87% destroyed or rotted. This monster deals S rank damage with every hit it deals and will never stop trying to get at the trespassers once it's rolled.
Reward: Double A Rank Exp. 75k Jewels, 45k jewel added if Boss is rolled. Special Item: Experiment 714: Jade Ring (Gives wearer immunity to all poisons, but the wearer loses 30% movement speed) to one member of the group. Therapy is included, but not paid for.
~~Credit to Daiki~~
WC: 826 / 18,000